Patch 1.3.6550.38509 (03 January 2018)
- Added Norwegian language support.
- Tweaked the first dungeon for better playability
Patch 1.3.6515.19883 (06 November 2017)
- Adds Polish, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Russian, Portugese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean Localisation
Patch 1.2.6380.40070 (07 July 2017)
- Fixed a checkpoint that could save out of bounds in the cannon area.
- A crash in the cannon area that would happen on some PCs. This has not been tested widely and feedback is appreciated. If Owlboy crashed when entering the cannon area in the old version and still does, please let us know.
- Bitmap fonts weren't user-editable. They now have a user-editable schema and graphics. If you want to use these and are having trouble (or want more features), send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-made bitmap fonts would sometimes draw incorrectly if they were too wide.
- Another bug where you could get out of bounds in the Boguin cannon area.
- INI files would sometimes crash if hand-edited.
- Fixed a softlock in the Advent level.
- The game would crash if it couldn't detect any resolutions because of a driver bug.
- After changing languages, the "Continue" menu item would say "Start new game"
- Various mostly cosmetic map fixes.
Patch 1.2.6352.23029 (24 May 2017)
- Adds Japanese Localisation
Patch 1.1.6233.23511 (27 January 2017)
- Improved controls slightly in the final dungeon.
- Fixed a speed-runner route that was accidentally broken in the previous version.
- Support for more encodings and line endings for save files.
- Fixed various smaller issues.
OS Addition (26th January 2017)
- macOS and Linux version are now available.
Patch 0.0.6184.23706 (08th December 2016)
- A save backup system. The game will now save at key points, so you can go back to any moment in the story. This will overwrite your current save, but is useful in the case that you missed something or your save has become unusable, which has happened in some rare cases. To use the new system, go to the pause menu, go to the System tab, and press "Load from earlier checkpoint".
- Aspect ratio and scaling changes. The game should now be much sharper in fullscreen at 16:9 aspect ratios, it now has pillarboxing, and letterboxing has been improved in other aspect ratios.
- The boguin cannon has been adjusted to make it more fair. Rings can now be gathered in batches, rather than all at once, making it easier to progress. For those who have already mastered the cannon, we have a surprise in store for you in an upcoming patch.
- Level loading now happens on the main thread, resulting in faster load times and better stability.
- Fixed some places in the game where players could get stuck.
- Improvements to memory usage, and miscellaneous bug fixes.
Patch 0.0.6158.3086 (22nd November 2016)
- The Ancient Memories and Treasure Seeker Grand Master achievements were not working correctly. Now they do, and you do not have to create a new save to unlock the achievements if you've already collected all the necessary coins to get them.
- The game would slowly leak memory, especially if players opened the pause menu. Most players were unaffected, but some would crash after long play sessions, and a small subset of players would crash frequently. Now Owlboy's memory usage should never increase
over the course of a play session, and base memory usage should be lower.
- We fixed some issues that caused players to get stuck in the Floating Continent Lava area.