This War of Mine
A super quick update! (4 November 2020)
We had some free time on our hands - and were able to track down and fix some super minor issues in the game (like optimizing performance on older hardware and fixing glitches and issues on some newer machines). It's nothing content-related, so you won't see any bigger difference when you play the game. Our devs, on the other hand, will sleep better knowing that they've fixed some stuff that you've reported back in the day.
We just wanted to let you know what's up with the newest update - so you won't get alarmed. Thanks for understanding!
Update (13 December 2019)
This War of Mine | Tech Community Update - Fixes, tweaks, changes
- graphics tweaks on Brewery location
- graphics tweaks on Warehouse location
- unlootable container on Church fixed
- no sounds during scavenging and looting containers on Church fixed
- problem with proper unlocking graffiti fixed
- tweaks with “New” frames on scenario’s polaroids
- lack of sound after visiting Brothel fixed
-disappearing guitar after playing on it with a drunken dweller fixed
- snow falls one day earlier than winter starts and disappears one day later than it should - fixed
- nvalid places to build blocked in museum shelter fixed
- bug with appearing bandage on dweller’s hand during eating fixed
- lack of sniper’s shots sounds on Sniper Junction fixed
- Dwellers are getting sick despite the high temperature in shelter - fixed
- graphics tweaks in retrospections
- bugs with Colonel’s behavior on Armybase at Stories 3 - fixed
- helping woman on Brewery counts not properly (as not helping) - fixed
- double opposing info in dweller’s bio after visiting Brewery and Bakery - fixed
- Decrepit Squat can’t be looted at 100% if we kill a homeless guy - fixed
- Missing items stored at one container on locations - fixed
- No possibility to place a swing in the Radiostation shelter - fixed
- NPC from the Decrepit Squat doesn't give us reward after we give him food - fixed
- Hospital - giving a food donation to the doctor doesn't improve the morale - fixed
- added information about our items during shelter change in Stories 3
- NPC killed by NPC still has a visible health bar - fixed
- Radiostation shelter was not adapted to the children - fixed
- Duplicate Pita’s photo in case of his death - fixed
- rare issues with saved games - fixed
- Lack of the shoot sounds in the Military Outpost - fixed
- Ability to loot the shed during the retrospection - fixed
- Visible UI during the retrospection - fixed
- Information that Anja starts feeling better even if she wasn't sick - fixed
- Moving other dwellers when Anja talks with the Milena in her office - fixed
- Broadcasting UI fixes
- Central Square - NPCs tell us to leave the building but we can't because doors are locked - fixed
- Possibility to mark two notes at HQ in Stories 3 - fixed
- No fire in working heater after night - fixed
- Camera is moving to the collapsed shed and then to Anja but chosen dweller is Ruben in Stories 3 - fixed
- Pita’s and Zoran’s bodies do not have descriptions - fixed
- Camera’s fixes
- Added missing translations
Update 6.0.5 (30 August 2019)
This War of Mine
- modding tools are working properly now and will not let the game go crashing
- Citizens from your group now return home after being sent to help neighbours
- Fixed an inability to build improvements in your shelter (like bed or metal workshop) in places where piles of rubble was
- Now the display time of the endlog in the Fading Embers is longer,
- Now you can also skip the endlog with a mouse click or by hitting proper keyboard button.
Update 6.0 (14 August 2019)
- a possibility to skip intro and flashback moments
- if Anja was extremely starved during the last day, the game couldn't be finished and that has been fixed
- Ruben no longer will appear in the Farewell if he earlier leaves after giving away the Sefer Ha Zohar
- no more save loop in the case of fail ending
- fixed Ruben stuck in bed while standing
- fixed translation mistakes
Update 5.0 (30 November 2018)
- Added macOS support
- Added Linux support
- Modding tools are back!
- Game controller support is back as well!
- Fixed time passing bug in Stories DLC
Update 4.0 (31 January 2018)
- scavenge locations in The Little Ones scenarios fixed
- stability tweaks
- minor bug fixes
Update 3.0.3 (28 July 2017)
List of basic fixes:
- in-game and panel texts polished
- gamepad controlling improved
- profession doesn't reset anymore in the editor
Modding Tool fixes:
- you can add new recipes in mods now
- added Delete button to remove chosen mod from the list (not from your drive!)
- you can add crafting groups now
- create new items that works like existing ones, i.e. new kind of crowbar
- Modding Tool works faster now!
- better stability of the Tool
- you can edit or delete percentage of scavenged stuff on a location
Update 3.0.2 (01st December 2016)
List of changes:
- added Anniversary Mode checkbox which will make sure that your game will start with new Anniversary Edition content
List of additional fixes:
- we've added some new texts for Chinese localization. And fixed some issues with it, too!
- fixed some problems with other localizations as well
- workbench didn't count some items properly in its UI - now it does!
- added some stability fixes
Update 3.0.1 (01st December 2016)
List of fixes:
- locked scenarios - this was the biggest issue because many of you have lost progress in game; everything should be back to normal!
- we fixed the mods functionality connected to text change
- some minor fixes for English, Chinese and Korean languages
Anniversary Edition Update (01st December 2016)
- 3 brand new locations
- new civilians (NPCs)
- a whole new ending scenario
- a new achievement to get
But there is more! Thanks to your awesome feedback we were able to find, replicate and fix some common issues!
- War Child DLC achievements Note: Helping children and Note: Street Art should work now
- Day 42 was repeating in some playthroughs - this should no longer happen
- fixed some minor font issues
- fixed Polish font diacritical marks
- few smaller graphical glitches - fixed!
Patch 2.2.2 (23 June 2016)
- "Grab all" crashes (yes, there were two of them!) are now fixed
quitting the game after subscribing to a mod could crash the game - this is no longer a case
- children appeared at your shelter even though you don't own DLC? It's fixed!
- character photos adjusted (some of them were bugged)
- fixed the animation when a character is coming back from scavange
- fixed some smaller interface issues
- added Chinese language
Patch 1.4 (15 October 2015)
Here we are with big news - This War of Mine - New Beginning or Update 1.4 if you prefer numbers.
The New Beginning Update (also known as 1.4) introduces few extensions to the Scenario Editor. This includes new, more diverse characters to multiply possibilities in creating your stories. We’ve also integrated GOG Galaxy so expect new achievements heading your way!
Additionally, new language versions are now supported: Turkish, Korean and Japanese.
Please keep in mind the game has more than 60k words now, so there may be some untranslated words or some things may be missing and still require polishing - so please give us feedback and we'll take care of that.
Additionally, fixes and improvements include:
- fixed glibc compatibility issues on Linux or simply - made to work flawlessly on Ubuntu 15
- fixed a bug with small amount of trade items in Franko's inventory
- fixed a bug with canceling crafting of many items after forwarding to night time
- fixed a bug with fifth civilian in the shelter
- price of coffee is now correlated with radio announcements
- fixed a bug with clipped FOV on big locations
- fixed "search body" animation
- fixed a bug with wrong comments about fight in shelter
- fixed exploit with dropping Saw Blade before finishing cutting through doors
- fixed a wrong diary entries for some civilians
- minor graphical fixes on locations
- minor fixes in dialogues and texts
- minor fixes in people behavior
- Minor language fixes in the interface
- Fix to custom portrait (no more random bug with black portraits of civilians in the scenario editor) and textures fixes
- Scenario Editor in which you can write your own stories of civilians in war. Pick up members of the group, length of the conflict, weather conditions and more – it’s all up to you!
- Character Editor where you can shape civilians, their look, skills, biographies and then play with them in the game. You can even add your photo and be a part of the story.
- two new locations: Old Town and Looted Gas Station. Of course they can be included in your scenario!
- two new music tracks, designed for the night missions!
Additionally, here's a quick guide on how to add own photos to the character editor:
- only format ----> .jpg
- due to auto-adjusting, we recommend square resolution, for example 500x500
- place a jpg photo in Portraits folder in the game's main folder, which usually is here:
C:\Users\your user name\Documents\This War of Mine
- restart the game after uploading photo to make the photo available in the editor
This update adds a brand new shelter, from now on, each time you begin your story, you'll have a chance to start in the new building. You now also have the choice of the starting group of characters.
In addition, this update includes the following:
Improvements and tweaks:
-Some locations were enhanced
-Some animations were improved
-NPC behaviors were improved
Fixes and balancing:
-Fixed screen resolution and refresh rate detection problem, which caused black screen and / or computer freeze on Windows
-Fixed black screen issue on Linux and OSX 10.6.8
-Improved game stability based on crashdumps sent by players
-Fixed a bug with blocked container icons in the shelter
-Fixed a bug with blocked access to crafting menu (icon disappearing or not responding)
-Fixed a bug with the civilian becoming stuck in cover after being shot
-Fixed a bug with wrong number of civilians in the shelter simultaneously
-Extremely exhausted civilian will now lay on the floor instead of standing blocked after returning from scavenge
-The civilian who went to help neighbours on the last day of the war will now have a proper description in the epilogue
-Crafting cancel will return some of the resources now
-Civilians or NPCs should no longer pass through closed doors during a fight
-Eating Raw Food and Vegetables together is now equal to eating a cooked meal or canned food
-Quality Rollups price was fixed
- Cool Kids of Death music in the radio Vysena (Polish alternative punk rock band)
- new character setups
- enhanced locations
- new animations
- bug fixes
- Fixed the bug which caused the game to close immediately after launch on some Windows setups.
- Added Spanish localization.