Patch 1.21.5 Language Update (03 September 2018)
- We have a special update ready for our international fans! Thanks to the efforts of XSEED Games and their affiliates, you can now enjoy Freedom Planet in Spanish, French, German, Japanese, and Korean!
- Additional language options are selectable through the Options menu. A language selection menu will also appear at bootup if you have never selected one before.
- Screen transitions and fade effects have been color corrected to use true black instead of 8,0,0. This also fixes a visual quirk during the holodragon scene where the borders of the dragon's horn sprites can be seen.
- In Adventure mode, Zao's dialog during the schmup sequence will now play properly if you beat Thermal Base and watch all the cutscenes after it without skipping. (Previously he wouldn't speak at all.)
- Fixed a glitch in Milla's Adventure Mode that allowed her to jump to Fortune Night after Aqua Tunnel when skipping a specific scene.
Patch 1.21.5 (27 July 2017)
- Fixed a problem where Milla's Super Shield would sometimes vanish when trying to perform the Super Shield Burst as quickly as possible.
- Milla can now create Phantom Cubes underwater.
- The final boss's first phase now fires sludge missiles at a slower rate.
- The final boss's second phase always begins the fight with the same attack pattern. It returns to being semi-random after the first cycle.
Patch 1.21.4 (13 April 2016)
- Zao's shading complete.
- Improved shading on Aqua Tunnel's boss, Fortune Night's bats, the Rollers in Fortune Night and the Biker Ninjas in Trap Hideout.
- Earth Buster damage: 8 -> 10
- Earth Bomb damage: 2 -> 5
- Earth Bomb hit frequency: 5 frames -> 10 frames
- Earth Flyer shockwave damage: 5 -> 8
- Water Bomb impact damage: 3 -> 8
- Torque's dash no longer depletes his energy meter, and his hover lasts longer.
- Torque regains his hover if his energy meter fills up completely while still falling.
- The player now regenerates life during the Battle Glacier schmup on Easy and Casual.
- Patched up all the holes in the ceiling in Trap Hideout.
- Jade Creek locked for Torque again. (His midboss isn't yet implemented.)
- Torque could hit and destroy Fortune Night's midboss before the fight began, causing the door to the next area to never open.
- Torque's HUD lingered in the cutscene after Battle Glacier's boss
- Torque's drowning animation works properly now
- Torque weapons that are affected by gravity weren't colliding with jump-through platforms
- Some of Torque's weapons wouldn't pass through the colored blocks in Battle Glacier regardless of their activation state
- In Fortune Night, rolling arches in the first section would sometimes make it impossible for Milla or Torque to land on the ground when touched during their hover moves
- Dragon Valley's score tally now properly activates if you somehow skip the end boss
- Various other minor fixes
- When playing as Milla, Lilac and Carol's sprites were in the wrong vertical positions during the river scene after Sky Battalion.
- Torque now properly sits down on benches.
- Torque's Continue screen is now functional, albeit without a sprite for him yet.
- Final Dreadnought 3's custscene would play Torque's voice clips regardless of which character was being used.
- Torque is added as a playable character. He is available from the start in this beta build but can only be used in Time Attack. When the build is further along, he will be locked until the game has been completed with two characters.
- Placeholders for 8 new Torque-specific achievements have been added. They cannot be acquired yet for the most part.
- The required crystals for the Gem Hoarder achievement has been lowered from 7000 to 6000 in order to make it possible for Torque to clear when he is fully playable.
- The dialog cuts from the Wii U version have been carried over. See "Adventure Mode dialog cuts" for details.
- Begun progress on shading Mayor Zao's sprites.
- Milla is now available to play in Adventure mode. She has several new cutscenes in addition to an altered ending sequence to accommodate the fact that she's the one fighting Brevon.
- Because of Milla being playable in Adventure mode, it now has an identical character selection screen as Classic mode once she has been unlocked.
- In Final Dreadnought 3, the stage ends for Milla when she crosses under the tube where the Kingdom Stone was, instead of the right side of the room. This is to accommodate for the cutscene that now takes place here in Adventure mode and will likely result in faster clear times (by less than a second, but still notable).
- Milla no longer has to deal with the crosshairs in the red hallway before the final boss.
- Fixed a bug where Carol's hitboxes on her attacks would sometimes not register.
- Carol's energy meter drains more slowly when using the Wild Kick. (Now 1.25% per frame instead of 1.5%.)
- Carol can now cancel her rolling with a Wild Kick.
- In Fortune Night as Carol, pausing the game in the area between defeating the midboss and entering the mall would make the music fade out indefinitely.
- In Final Dreadnought 3, the end boss's hitbox would linger after death, meaning that players with a fire shield would repeatedly hear the hit sound if they overlapped the hitbox during the cutscene.
- The game could be paused during the score tally in Final Dreadnought 4 as Milla, causing the results screen to glitch out.
- Pausing and selecting Next Stage during the cutscene where the heroes talk to Gong in Shang Tu Palace would make the music in Jade Creek fail to load.
- Pausing and select Skip Scene in the cutscene where Lilac is being healed in Shang Tu Palace would cause the invincibility music to play in Pangu Lagoon instead of the normal stage theme.
Adventure Mode dialog cuts:
- The treehouse movie scene has been shortened significantly for Lilac and Carol. (Unessential filler)
- The "space cooties" dialog where Lilac explains the origin of dragons has been cut. It now simply jumps to Carol's question about why aliens are interested in Avalice. (Unnecessary exposition since Zao basically says the same stuff later on)
- Torque's tent scene now fades out when the girls do their victory animation. (Torque's request to keep their mission a secret never comes into play during the story. The rest is unessential filler)
- In the Zao dinner scene, removed Lilac's comment on how Milla and Carol both agree on something for once. (References an event in the story that was cut early in development)
Patch 1.20.4 (06 August 2015)
- Platform movements in Thermal Base were choppier than usual
- In the Relic Maze cutscene before the truck section, the claw would slowly rotate
- Pause glitch in Trap Hideout fixed
- Switched the graphics runtime to D3D9. Should fix issues with very old GPUs.