Tyranny - Standard Edition
Patch 126.96.36.199 v2 (15 November 2018)
- fixes issue with missing strings
- fixes issue with older saves not appearing
Patch 188.8.131.52 (08 November 2018)
- Two years has passed since we brought Tyranny to the land of Terratus where your choices would shape the fate of many. In celebration of this we're bringing a FREE update to all our players in form of two new portraits and some gear!
- New Portrait Pack available 8th of November for current and new Tyranny users.
- New Sword and Armor content available 8th of November for current and new Tyranny users.
- The new Portrait Pack and Sword and Armor content are already included in the basegame as a free patch.
Patch 1.2.1.0157 (03 October 2017)
- The 1.2.1 patch addresses multiple issues, many of the more prevalent issues are listed below. Please note that many of these notes contain spoilers:
- 'Sneak Attack' talent will no longer stack with itself when used repeatedly.
- Passives removed from Respec'ing or upgrading to a higher talent are now properly removed from the character.
- Weeping Whispers will no longer apply bleeding to allies that target the wearer with a buff. (This was resulting in allies turning against the party in some cases)
- Loading a save from a previous patch will no longer get players stuck in World Map Events nor Ambushes.
- Spell slots are now properly removed when the item/talent granting them are removed.
- Updated Tooltip on maps that are inaccessible due to party members not being active in the party, to better convey why the map is locked.
- Throwing knives and Javelins now properly received the accuracy bonus from the Duelist Talents.
- Fixed an edge case where some Skill Checks could display a value of -1.
- Heartseeker Base Damage no longer scales with character level.
- Removed an errant sigil from Phaedrus's Store.
- Re-added a missing string from Rixatrix's piglet.
- Imported versions of Weeping Whispers now have the correct reputation strings.
- Silvercore's Cumbersome ability description now lists itself only once in the recovery UI.
- Recruit Selina now offers training in One Handed instead of Subterfuge.
- Blood Mulch is now listed correctly for his lines in act 3.
- Re-added some translated strings for unlocking spell notifications.
- Rebounding Blade now uses the correct icon when targeting.
- Re-added multiple missing strings to the base game.
- Updated Weeping Whispers to more consistently affect Recovery Time.
- Updated World Map Events UI to better display the reputation changes for Companions.
- Circular Reasoning now displays its projectile correctly if imported to New Game+
- Updated some visual and sound effects for Edicts in world map event scenes.
- Updated the World Map Event UI to better display multiple reputation changes from a single choice.
- VFX for the Edict for of Storms now appear correctly at the Sentinel Stand Outskirts
- Improved the load time of the Title Screen.
- Reputation changes in World Map Events now display the correct information for the change.
- Fixed an edge case where the audio for the End Game Cutscene may mute the VO track.
- Updating the Targeting UI in Bastard's Wound scenes to display more consistently.
- Overwriting Paradox Clouds saves will now automatically flag the new save for syncing with the Paradox Cloud.
- Updated Paradox Cloud save UI so new saves can have the Sync State picked before saving.
- Updated Character Shadows in some Bastard's Wound Scenes.
- Updated Title Screen News button to not clip with DLC banners when using localized text.
- Fixed various typos.
- Barik's Dialog no longer ends pre-maturely when speaking with him after completing Never Free
- Tide Together now completes correctly when telling Wagstaff that the player let Phoibe go free but still giving him Phoibe's tome.
- Knapping on the Job now completes correctly (and allows other quests to start) when telling Jaspos that Argaen is dead.
- Characters will no longer path under the water in the Bastard's Wound.
- Speaking to Basila for Knapping on the Job will now point the Fatebinder to South Haven if the Forge-Bound have already left Lethian's Crossing.
- Jaspos & Wagstaff will now speak with the Fatebinder at the end of Knapping on the Job/Tide Together, even if they are very upset with the Fatebinder for past decisions.
- Eb and Lantry both react to the correct NPC being placed in charge of the Wound.
- Updated the Chronicles from Truth and Reconciliation to no longer glow when loading a save that had already discovered that chronicle.
- Jaspos & Wagstaff now direct the player to speak with Mell if they are at odds with the player (Leading to the start of the History of the Oldwalls quest)
- Updated the end game slides to better match with Anarchist players who remain loyal to Kyros.
- Updated the Berry Fields scene so that VO'd lines at the start of a dialog will correctly play the VO.
- Reef-Talon now appears in the Wellspring Cascade if she stays in Bastard's Wound after the final decision is made for the area.
- Updated Wagstaff dialog so that Eb will react correctly even if the Fatebinder killed Insipid Moniker before meeting Wagstaff.
- Updated Berry bush second interaction to give resting bonuses upon completing the cut-scene.
- Imperator's Oldwalls Regalia no longer grants armor at higher qualities.
- Speaking to Lexeme after triggering the Lullaby Cut-Scene will not repeat the cut-scene.
Patch 1.2.0.0131 (18 September 2017)
- 'A Breach Between Worlds' will now update correctly when speaking with Sage Hieronymus.
- This fix will retroactively restore any quests that were not updating when the character returns to 'Oldwalls Breach'.
- Characters will now spawn in the correct positions and advance both Bones of the Beast and Blood of the Beast, when players first return to Bastard's Wound after confronting Lexeme.
- Players affected by this bug are encouraged to load a save prior to returning to Bastard's Wound or reach out to Obsidian (via the [ Tyranny Support Forums|https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/tyranny-support-bug-reports.962/]) for support in fixing their saves.
Patch 1.2.0.0121 (14 September 2017)
- This patch addresses issues that were preventing players from completing various quests after the 1.2.0 update. Below are a list of the specific fixes that are included in this update, please note that many of these notes contain spoilers for the DLC and end game content:
- Companions wielding Penumbra can now be removed from the party without causing errors.
- Fixed a rare case where players could no longer leave Bastard's Wound after completing the content there.
- Armor values now correctly recalculate after loading a save for a character with a stance that affects armor.
- Added localized text for several lines that were displaying English text.
- Readded a missing line of Graven Ashe's Dialog.
- Locations within Bastard's Wound now unlock more consistently regardless of the order quests are completed in.
- Teleporters in Bastard's Wound now correctly route to the locations.
- Bleden Mark now correctly appears in Asheweald after dealing with the Voices of Nerat as part of 'The Third Degree' quest.
- Final quest now triggers if Graven Ashe is the last Archon to submit to the Fatebinder, while the quest 'Never Free' is active.
- 'Knapping on the Job' now updates correctly if the Forge-bound are no longer in Lethian's Crossing when the Fatebinder goes to speak with them.
- 'The Weight of the Aegis' quest will now advance if Barik is brought to Lohara after getting Lohara to agree to examine Barik.
Patch 1.1.2.0094 (08 August 2017)
- The Killing Rush Talent will now properly carry over for New Game+ Characters.
- Loading a save from within a World Map Event scene will now load correctly.
- Fixed a rare issue in which the party could not travel on the world map.
- Fixed an issue where the GoG version of the game was missing some translated lines of text.
- Added additional telemetry reporting
- Many small text fixes
Patch 1.1.0.0023 (13 June 2017)
FREE UPDATE CONTENT BELOW
- A New Game+ mode has been added, and can be used from the New Game menu. Choosing to start a New Game+ requires a gamecomplete save. Gamecomplete saves are automatically generated when the game is completed (both in this patch and since the game was launched). When starting a New Game+, the following choices are now available:
- Players may select up to 2 items to bring from a previous playthrough.
The number of items that can be imported increases by 1 for each subsequent New Game+ playthrough.
Valid items include:
- [SPOLIER] Artifacts that the player had previously gained renown.
- [SPOLIER] Non-artifact Items acquired by killing an Archon.
- Once an Item has been unlocked for a New Game+, it can be selected on future playthroughs of the same character without being unlocked each time.
- All previous choices up until conquest will be kept, but can be changed.
- Attribute Points can be reassigned.
- Experience in Skills can be re-assigned.
- If Attributes or Skills are re-assigned during character creation, all talent points will also be refunded. These can be reallocated after character creation.
- All previous actions chosen in conquest in the previous play-through are highlighted to remind players of which choices they made previously.
- Players will be able to unlock up to 2 reputation abilities they had unlocked in their previous playthrough.
- The number of unlockable reputation abilities will increase for each new play-through.
- On New Game+ playthroughs, there is a new merchant available in game.
- [SPOLIER] There is now a merchant in the Disfavored camp in Act 1, who possess some unique items that players may have found essential to their playstyle in previous play-throughs.
- [SPOLIER] This merchant can also be hired at the spire starting in Act 2.
- All rings acquired from the previous play-through will carry over to New Game+ Characters.
- All Spell Cores, Expressions, and Accents unlocked will carry over to New Game+ Characters.
- The level cap for New Game+ Characters has been raised to 99.
- Enemies will also scale to meet the player's new starting level.
- Gaining a level now increases the number of times a character can train by 5, with no maximum (Previously there was a maximum of 5 training points that could be acquired per character.)
- Players may now disable selected skills from leveling via the lock icons on Character Screen menu.
- [SPOILER] A new recruit has been added to the game. This new recruit will allow characters in your party to reallocate their Talents Points, Attribute Points and Experience, for a price. Retraining a character will refund all Attribute & Talent points, as well as allow you to re-assign experience from skills.
Changes to Difficulty
- Enemies on Story Mode, Normal, and Hard now use abilities more frequently.
- Companion AI now uses abilities more frequently on Normal, Hard, and Path of the Damned difficulties.
- Characters on Normal and Hard difficulties will now only gain wounds when they are knocked out.
- Path of the Damned still grants wounds when characters are reduced to 25% health.
- Enemy AI Targeting has been updated for Hard and Path of the Damned Difficulties.
- Health of enemies increased on Story Mode Difficulty.
Thrown Weapon Skill Removed
- Characters using thrown weapons no longer need to level both their thrown weapon skill and One Handed (or Dual wield) skill. Instead they will now use their equivalent melee skill when attacking from range with thrown weapons.
- Throwing skill has been removed.
- Characters will instead use the One Handed or Dual Wield Skill when wielding thrown weapons.
- Any experience previously gained in throwing will automatically be moved to either One Handed or Dual Wield based on whichever of the two had more experience before the game update.
- Melee damage of thrown Daggers and Javelins increased to match melee counterparts.
- Skill trainers that previously trained in Thrown weapons now train in another skill instead.
- Javelin Expertise in Character Creation grants ranks in One Handed instead of Thrown weapons.
- Lawbreaker background now provides a bonus to Dual Wield skill instead of Thrown Weapons.
- [SPOILER] Updated Lantry's Learned Instructor to no longer provide a bonus to thrown weapons, and instead grant all party members an additional spell slot.
Changes to Spells
- Characters may only have 1 beneficial enchantment spell of each of the following types: Focused Intent, Material Force, and Guarded Form. Casting a second of the same type will replace the first.
- Volcanic Weapon Mod now applies on Critical hits instead of hits.
- Sigils of Bound Bolts I and II now cause +1 and +2 bounces instead of +2 and +4. Damage of bounces also reduced by 50%.
- [SPOILER] Lore Requirement to craft Life and Gravelight spells increased by 20.
Changes to Talents
- Heavy Guard I & Heavy Guard II player talents now provide -5% and -10% reduction to character recovery time.
- Duelist ability only grants Riposte to characters wielding nothing in the off-hand.
- Healing amount from Second Wind reduced from 35% to 25%.
- Warrior's Respite and Concealing shadows are now only usable while in combat.
- [SPOILER] Sirin's Guise of Innocence Talent now grants 50% crit to hit deflection instead of 100%
[SPOILER] Damage dealt by Terratus' Embrace has been reduced.
[SPOILER] Kills-in-Shadow Relentless talent now reduces recovery time and grants hit Precision when Kills-in-Shadow is wounded.
General Combat Changes
- Finesse Attribute now applies +2 Accuracy per point instead of +3 per point.
- Finesse now applies a flat amount of deflection per point over 10, regardless of what armor is worn.
- Characters wielding a weapon in each hand now gain a base 20% reduction to character Recovery.
- Scales of Mercy: Balance the Scales now applies a flat bonus to hit precision.
- Precision granted by Gloves has been reduced.
- Characters will gain more experience for landing low accuracy attacks, and less for attacks with a high chance of hitting.
- Wounds no longer give a penalty to skills.
- Healing Potions base healing amounts reduced from 35/50/100% to 25/40/75%.
- Increased cooldown on Iron Walker's Ground smite and made it unusable during act 1.
- Hobbled affliction is now removed at the end of combat.
- [SPOILER] Bleden Mark will no longer forcefully take you to Tunon's Court, causing a scene load error.
- [SPOILER] Red Fang will no longer repeat a line of dialog after negotiating a truce in Gulfglow.
- [SPOILER] Graven Ashe will no longer speak of Amelia being alive if the player killed her.
- [SPOILER] Portcullis now remains open in Iron Hearth upon loading a save after killing Graven Ashe.
- Movement speed is now returned to normal when removing the Gambler's Treads.
- Chaotic Descent spells now maintain their Intensity mods when loading a save.
- Artifact abilities will now correctly queue as the next action when selected.
- Fixed a rare issue where the HUD UI would disappear.
- Updated Charge ability to only hit once when using 2 handed spears.
- Updated Hierarch's Robes to be of Superior Quality when they are first crafted.
- Using the Thrust ability no longer interrupts allies.
- Fixed an issue where some Artifacts were changing their displayed quality when reloading a save after acquiring them.
- Using attack abilities while unarmed will correctly display as a melee ability, rather than ranged.
- Updated the time it takes to travel between locations in various places.
- [SPOILER] Companions no longer gain stacks of Armor when sent to the player's spire.
- [SPOILER] Face of Judgment Active ability now scales correctly with Renown.
- [SPOILER] Lohara will now provide the player with the correct artifact when the player gives her recipes.
- Fixed an issue that was causing save files to become corrupted and not load.
- Updated game launcher for Linux to 64 bit.
- Shadows now display correctly on 64 bit machines.
- Removed old 32 bit launcher for windows.
- Added many Memory usage optimizations.
- The version of Unity being used has been updated, incorporating various Unity fixes to bugs.
- Adding missing text to Gravebow to indicate that one of its effects works only on the Bane.
- Many typos found by the community have been addressed throughout the game.
- [SPOILER] Sirin's Summons from Embodied Nightmare and Embodied Memory now display their translated names.
Update 1.0.4.0048 (A) (22 March 2017)
- Added support for Cloud Saves in GOG Galaxy 1.2 and newer
Patch 1.0.4.0048 (23 January 2017)
- Hostile characters in Duskwatch will no longer become invincible.
- Cut-scene will correctly trigger when killing the Voices of Nerat.
- Bleden Mark will correctly appear in Ashweald if the player returns the Magebane Helm to Eldian.
- It is no longer possible to have insufficient Power to cast the final Edict on the North.
- "At Any Cost" correctly updates if everyone at Jagged Maw Shrine is killed.
- Stonestalker Tribe no longer attacks the player during the Rite of Blood.
- Weapons in the 3rd and 4th weapon slots (from the Bandoleer Player Talent) will no longer be removed when traveling.
- Bonuses applied by consumables will now consistently apply the correct bonus and respect their duration.
- Fixed an issue where corpses would appear in places that they could not be looted from.
- The Sunset Spire is now accessible in Act 3 even if the party did not go to Lethian's Crossing during Act 2.
- Re-entering Sentinel Stand Keep will always place the party at the correct entrance now.
- Companions left at the Spire will no longer gain stacks of Armor.
- Dead soldiers will not initiate dialog with player if they visit the "Oldwalls Breach" in Act 3.
- Fat Ulsten's corpse will no longer fade out, leaving it available to loot.
- Companions will no longer re-gain starting abilities that have been upgraded via other talents, this will also fix some issues of companions tracking talent points spent incorrectly.
- Companions can now be switched when at the Infirmary Spire Upgrade.
- The "Stand Together, Stand Tall" ability no longer disappears on level transition.
- The Spire Forge's upgrade UI now correctly displays damage types for thrown weapons, such as Lantry's Quill.
- Eb now falls over dead if the Fatebinder chooses to execute her at the end of Act 1.
- Progress bars at the Spire Forge upgrade should now progress correctly.
- Logging in to your Paradox account on Linux should now work as expected.
- The Reputation Menu Hotkey (R) can now be bound to a user defined key. This also addresses the issue of assigned 'R' to a different key, giving it two functionalities.
- Addressed multiple reputation changes whose reasons for change were not correctly displayed.
- Reputation Menu spacing updates correctly when changing languages for the first time.
- Many typos found by the community have been addressed throughout the game.
- Localized names for the Fragments of the Voices of Nerat have been updated.
- Localized names for all items created by Kenrick now display correctly in all languages.
Patch 1.0.3.0031 (19 December 2016)
Quest Fixes (Contains Spoilers):
- Retroactively fixed saves that were unable to turn in "Language of the Ancients" quest.
- Welby can be defeated at Twin Rivers.
- "Search and Rescue" will no longer become stuck when selecting specific dialog options with Stone-Warden.
- Applied a retroactive change to saves that had been stuck on the "Search and Rescue" quest as per the above note.
- All of the Chorus characters holding Plainsgate or Halfgate should be hostile if the player travels there during the climax of the Stone Sea region while hostile to the Chorus.
- Isadora will now recognize that a player has resolved the Gulfglow situation, even if they're Prima of the Stonestalkers.
- Gate from Unbroken camp in Rust Canyons will now open after defeating the Unbroken on the Disfavored path.
- Clarified Act 3 objective to defend Lethian's Crossing, for players allied with the Vendrien Guard, must be completed before traveling to Iron Hearth or Cacophony.
- Graven Ashe will no longer submit to the player's authority before the player deals with Voices of Nerat.
- Clarified information given by the resonator atop Mountain Spire, to players allied with the Vendrien Guard, during "The Armies in the North" quest.
- Red-Fang should always be present in the Gulfglow Runic Hall for players not aligned with any faction.
- Unbroken guards at Trapper's Junction no longer perish if not in combat with the player.
- Octave now appears in Howling Rock for all Scarlet Chorus Players
- Trial of Blood now correctly updates when the quest is complete.
- Many typos found by the community have been fixed
- Removed some errant text that appeared in the combat log in the Blade Grave Oldwalls.
- Corrected text in the companion AI menu that referred to the old name for an ability.
- Companions won't suggest the player use an item they don't actually have when solving a puzzle in the Blade Grave Oldwalls.
- Numerous changes to Lethian's Crossing to clarify flow through the area
- Players can now leave the Forest of Stone.
- 'On Hit' auto-pause option will no longer trigger when allies are hit by friendly effects.
- Verse's conversation can be advanced if she's recruited in Act 2.
- Fifth Eye, Iron Marshal Erenyos, and Tarkis Arri are no longer standing at the base of the Mountain Spire if killed during the climax of act 1.
- Blood Mulch no longer gives multiple copies of the Sigil of Blood.
- Rumalan can no longer be targeted before the drawbridge at Sentinel Stand Keep has been lowered.
- Mortally-wounded Sage in the first level of the Burning Library ruins will actually die when the text says he does.
- Spire research and crafting will no longer get stuck on certain items.
- Sirin can now be recruited if player initially rejects her in their first dialog with her.
- Sword Breaker is no longer lime green.
- Path of the Damned Achievement will now be rewarded on completion of the game in that mode.
- Spoiler: Verse will no longer become stuck after using certain abilities.
Patch 1.0.2.0021 (30 November 2016)
- Allied faction representatives should be present in Ascension Hall toward the end of the game when sided with the rebel groups, regardless of if you have responded to Bleden Mark.
- The battle with Nerat will end properly after his ending speech if you choose to engage him in battle.
- "Armies of the North" should now be given to you after killing Nerat last.
- Players who kill Bleden Mark and then earn Tunon's submission will no longer be offered fealty by the ghost of Bleden Mark.
- "That Which Remains" will update appropriately when shooting the winch and defeating the Unbroken enemies.
- The Forge in Lethian's Crossing is open after traversing the Oldwalls and returning to Lethian's Crossing.
- While on "In the Shadow of the Oldwall", Welby should appear in the proper location in Twin Rivers.
- "At Any Cost" will progress appropriately if you have become the Prima of the Stonestalkers before betraying your alliances and continuing forward without any allied factions.
- Bleden Mark's conversations will continue appropriately even when you have the same level of Wrath and Favor with the Disfavored and Scarlet Chorus.
- Oath Bound units can be engaged properly in Duskwatch.
- Red Fang will talk to the player after a player allied with the Scarlet Chorus betrays their alliance and goes to Gulfglow looking for the Azure Shield.
- Acalia will progress the "Language of the Ancients" quest after moving from Effigy to the Burning Library.
- Kallion remembers the state of his sister at the end of "Blind Ambition."
- Non-combat dialog choices with Kalea now grant the "Blind Ambition" quest as well.
- Player who betrayed Jagged Remedy can now advance quest "Bound by Blade" by attacking Mattias in Trapper's Junction.
- Osmios will no longer kill Agathon in "Into the Maelstrom."
- Players who recruited multiple factions due to an earlier issue can now progress using their existing save.
- Stonestalkers will help player seeking their alliance fight Earthshakers in Howling Rock.
- Earthshakers now attempt to continue ritual during raid on their Howling Rock fortress.
Garrick no longer thanks player for stealing his tools.
- Eb will no longer tell a player who betrayed the rebels which rebel groups they might recruit.
- Irentis and his soldiers will now aid an allied player who chose to help him in fighting the Scarlet Chorus.
- An objective in the quest "Forge-Bound Iron" no longer incorrectly refers to the defeat of Matani Sybil.
- During the Battle of Duskwatch, Agathon will have friends when fighting players allied with the Disfavored.
- Numerous typos addressed.
- Multiple localization improvements.
- Ulantis text finalized.
- Clarified tooltip for Eb's "Purifying Waters" ability.
- Clarified tooltip for Sirin's "Song of Benediction" ability.
- Multiple crashes reported by the community should no longer occur.
- Multiple instances of loot containers that previously did not appear lootable now do.
- Numerous minor fixes to enemy presentation in specific scenes.
- Player can now use skills to release Disfavored in Rust Canyons.
- Liberating Plainsgate from the Chorus now requires killing all members of that faction present.
- The World Map is accessible from Ironhaul Trail while allied with the Disfavored.
- Eb's "Terratus Embrace" ability will exit properly if companions try to switch weapons while in mid-air.
- Eb will speak with player in Act 3 even if she doesn't particularly like them.
- Sirin will no longer forget Songs when loading a save.
- Numerous new audio cues added throughout game.
- Correct music will now play after defeating a specific enemy.
- Saves should always be visible in save menu.
- Added portraits to the store menu of several vendors.
- Halfgate will no longer be referred to as Plainsgate in the Reputation Menu.
- Reduced significant animation memory overhead.
- Improved asynchronous loading of files at startup.
Art Book Update:
- A typo has been fixed in an art book heading.
Patch 1.0.1.0010 (18 November 2016)
In this patch we have resolved many issues reported by community members through our forums, focusing primarily on quest and progression related issues.
The full patch notes are below!
- In Sentinel Stand Keep, navigating over the bridge near the exit is improved.
- Killing Bleden Mark in Tunon's Court after agreeing to meet him in Ashweald is now supported.
- "Person of Interest" conversation options have been revised.
- Nerat will now attack the player after delivering the Writ of Execution for Scarlet Chorus players.
- In "At Any Cost", Rebel players who recruited the Stonestalker tribe and betrayed their alliance to become an Anarchist can now progress properly.
- Fighting Hundred-Blood solo on the Rebel path will now update "Forging The Way" properly.
- The Rebel player will no longer get multiple options to recruit factions out of sequence.
- In "A Breach Between Worlds", using the Ocean Spire directly after getting the Steadfast Insignia should now update correctly.
- The Vendrien Guard fight in Tripnettle Wilderness has been improved.
- Iron Marshal pathing is improved.
- "Final Judgment" will progress properly when selecting the Kills-In-Shadow dialogue option upon delivery of the Writ of Execution.
- "The Armies in the North" will now begin properly after killing Bleden Mark in Tunon's Court. A fix for existing saves will be forthcoming.
- In "Leave No One Behind", the quest will now continue properly for Rebel players that starts the quest after fighting Raetommon and siding with the Bronze Brotherhood.
- The Blade Grave region is no longer available in the last act for a Scarlet Chorus player.
- Verse will now revive if the player dismisses her while she was unconscious.
- Characters will now properly transition from being suspended in air when swapping their active weapon set.
- Lantry will now grant healing magic to the player in the second act after agreeing earlier.
- Invisibility potions will now wear off when leveling up while invisible.
- Sirin's stanza durations should now remain at the proper timing. If her stanza duration has already been reduced, those saves will not be changed.
- Companions will now auto-attack when companion AI is enabled and no weapons are equipped.