Patch 22.214.171.124 (18 March 2019)
- Added Helicopter Parts
- Main Rotor: Highly customizable helicopter rotor system.
- Tail Rotor: Counteracts torque from the main rotor system(s) and provides yaw control.
- Added Winch part: Rotating drum that extends and retracts a cable. Works great with the new magnet part.
- Added Magnet part: Turn it on with an AG and this powerful electromagnet will stick to anything with the slightest hint of metal.
- Added Hollow Fuselage part: The visuals are hollow, but the collider is quite solid.
- Added Arresting Hook part: Helps to slow down quickly when landing on the aircraft carrier
- Added Catapult Connector part: Tells the aircraft catapult where to connect to your plane. (Not strictly required for catapult connection.)
- Major updates to the USS Beast aircraft carrier
- Brand new mesh
- Catapult launch system
- Arresting cables
- Upgraded game engine to latest version of Unity (2018.3)
- Added new stock helicopter: Gator 2 (modeled after a Huey Gunship)
- Added Fast Forward mode
- Added shift+click to yank a single part off a disconnected part group in the designer.
- Added option to specify the "Engage At %" for a propeller engine's throttle governor.
- Added Delay setting for detachers to allow for delayed detachment.
- Added Reconnect Part button to designer
- Added UI Scale slider to settings page in the main menu
- Added a VSync quality setting in the quality settings UI
- Added Sun Flare and Tone Mapping that can be toggled via a new Image Effects quality setting
- Added a camera look back (left/right) input for use in cockpit and first person cameras. Includes Cockpit/CameraVantage modifier XML attribute 'lookBackTranslation' to translate the camera (left/right, up/down) when looking back.
- Added a ModLoadLog.txt file that logs messages, warnings, and errors related to loading mods.
- Improved UI for part rotation to allow entering exact angles.
- Save player's settings for nudge and rotate amounts in part transform flyout.
- Several performance improvements
- Added ability to set a part's Input to Disabled in the designer part properties
- Added bindable keyboard shortcuts for toggling Part Transform, Part Properties, and Color panels.
- Counter measures now have hidden autoDispenseDelay XML option.
- Updated the input system (hopefully better controller support)
- Updated SimplePlanes logo in the main menu
- Improved support for splane/spmod file association handling on Android (some file managers will still have issues unfortunately)
- Improved file association loading of splane/spmod files while the game is running for GOG / DRM-Free builds.
- Reduced part drag calculation precision in order to improve performance for calculating drag for large crafts.
- Fixed a bug where fuselage inlets would revert the player's changes when immediately selecting another fuselage inlet before closing the Part Properties.
- Fixed a bug where the nudge part inputs would not work until the transform part panel was opened
- Fixed a bug where the download progress bar would report very high values on Mac
- Fixed bug which could cause the propeller engines to hunt for target pitch and never be able to reach it...could cause wild swings in lift.
- Only display "Aircraft Damaged" in Sandbox if the plane is hostile.
- Fixed speed of destroyers to match the aircraft carrier's speed
- Fixed the wind heading not showing up in the compass.
- Fixed a bug where the rings would spin oddly after passing through them in a race
- Fixed a bug where the view would rotate backwards if the player attempted to rotate the view too quickly.
- Small islands are no longer shiny and are now have friction for wheels.
- Fixed a bug where two rigid bodies could not be connected directly to each other at more than one place. Existing aircraft will continue to work this way, but new aircraft will support multiple physics connections. Old aircraft can be updated to use the new approach by changing their legacyJointIdentification attribute to "false" via XML.
- Fixed a bug with multiple conflicting inputs being deactivated when activated via ActivateCameraLook
- Fixed the position of the scrollbar on the mods menu
- Fixed a texture quality issue with low quality water.
- Fixed a bug where the fuselage properties would revert player's input text if their number ended in a zero.
- Fixed a bug where a designer undo step would not always revert the craft to the correct version.
- The build process and format of mods has slightly changed. When building mods for Windows/Mac, Unity will need both the Windows and Mac build components installed (mod tools should warn you if this is not the case). PC/Mac mods now include separate asset bundles for both platforms in a single mod file. You will likely noticed larger mod file sizes with this update. A new 'Debug' build option is available which builds the mod only for Unity's current target platform with the DEBUG symbol defined (should be a faster build than the other build options).
- A bunch of classes received interfaces which have been added to the mod tools. You may be able to get away with using less reflection code by taking advantage of these interfaces. These live in the "Jundroo.SimplePlanes.ModTools.Interfaces" namespace.
- Fixed a bug with the starting locations reflection proxy code which may have caused the spawining of AI aircraft to fail.
- Fixed a bug with mod level duplication when saving mods.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the cloning of parts with a hinge joint.
- Mod Builder Window style/layout tweaks
- Some additional info on changes and upgrading can be found on the modding wiki
POTENTIAL MOD-RELATED ISSUES
- Since we updated Unity with this upgrade, several mods are likely to be broken. For this reason, mods will be automatically disabled the next time you start SimplePlanes. Nathan has been able to find some very clever ways to allow some mods to still function, but several mods will be broken with this update. We recommend turning them on one by one and testing each one to verify whether or not they still functions and don't cause any problems.
- Changes since last beta
- Fixed collider misalignment on helicopter blades
- Fixed issue w/heli blade collider being incorrect when the hub is scaled.
- Fixed a bug where the camera could move wildly after un-pausing.
Patch 126.96.36.199 (18 September 2017)
- Countermeasure Dispenser (Chaffs / Flares)
- Unguided Rocket
- Cleaver (cruise missile)
- Part Transform tool
- Improved Damage Model
- Parts can now take damage instead of instantly exploding
- Engines can catch on fire
- Control surfaces, RCNs, rotators, etc can be shot out
- Wings can leak fuel
- Improved look and performance of bullets
- Chaffs and flares can now prevent and break locks
- Aircraft size and engines also play a role in how difficult it is to acquire a lock
- WW2 Destroyer with Flak Cannons
- WW2 Torpedo Mission
- Number entry on Fuselage Properties
- Redesigned Fire buttons
- Cycle designer part properties buttons in reverse via right-click
- Improved mirroring in the designer
- Disable Auto-Sizing of nose cones after it has been manually resized
- AI fire countermeasures
- Bridge Demolition Mission is a bit harder
- Collisions between dynamic rigid bodies now downscale the impact force if the other body has less mass.
- Bomb explosions have been updated
- Some smoke damage particle effects have been updated
- Damage for various weapons has been tweaked as well as the health of the ships. It may take more to sink them now.
- AI plane tweaks (dogfighting should work better now)
- Bombs and missiles that have been fired are no longer affected by explosions (easier to carpet bomb now).
- Fixed part menu scrolling
- Fixed bug that allowed missiles without cameras to load terrain.
- Fixed a couple bugs related to races.
- Fixed some issues with wing leveling mode.
- Fixed a couple bugs with control surface deflection calculations.
- Fixed a bug with the 'Loading...' label getting stuck when attempting to enter a level with banned parts.
- Fixed a bug with AA missiles exploding at the wrong position.
- Fixed a bug with mirroring scaled parts.
- The fuselage rise/run limits have been increased to 5.
- Fixed a bug with part property sliders sometimes showing an incorrect slider position.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect calculations for control surface deflection.
- The propeller engine no longer restricts modded engine power to within normal range when selected.
- Made some tweaks to the missiles related to them traveling at their specified max speeds.
- Reduced the distance that a piston snaps to its target position, so it's less jarring when looking closely.
- Rockets now check the impact force when collisions occur, no longer blowing up if sneezed on.
- Fixed an issue with rotators failing to find a joint after being mirrored. It's still not perfect, but much improved.
- The tire squeal no longer plays at the camera.
- Fixed bug with center of mass being incorrect for bodies with 0 total mass. (fixes 0 mass missile wobble on detachers)
- Ability to invert input from XML by placing a minus sign in front of the input
- Updated the boolean type inputs for input controllers to return -1 or 1 rather than 0 or 1. This allows the use of the input controllers min/max values to be used in conjunction with the boolean input types.
- Add firingDelay XML Option to Existing Weapons
- Hidden XML Option for Self Destruct and Burn Time on Rockets.
- Add Support for input="Activate1" (that’s AG1) on InputControllers
- The “disableAircraftCollisions” attribute on guns can now be used to prevent your bullets from colliding with your plane.
- Missile XML now supports a 'maxSpeed' attribute. Existing planes (but not new ones) with low mass missiles will now auto-upgrade to a higher than normal max speed.
- Added "invertType" option to the InputController. Defaults to "axis" for most parts and to "output" for rotators.
- XML support for scaling bullets (now set with "bulletScale", not the part's scale - old planes auto-upgraded).
- XML support for disabling gun muzzle flash ("muzzleFlash" - true/false)
- Added Unity version check to the mod builder window.
- Removed warning about multiple mods loading the same exact assembly.
- Added load priority for mods to better manage mod dependencies.
Patch 188.8.131.52 (22 June 2016)
- Gyroscope - Keep your designs upright and build quadcopters
- Sphere - Super advanced ball technology
- Hemisphere - Half a sphere, for when you can't afford a whole new sphere
- Wind Physics
- Wind Settings to control the wind in real-time
- New Challenge - Cross Wind Landing
- New Stock "Airplane" - Quadcopter
- Tweaked the instrument panel user interface to improve the compass and add a wind heading indicator
- XML-modding enhancements
- Fixed bug preventing discovery of Featherfall Squall
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mirage Speedway from showing up (or was that a joke that I didn't get?)
- Prevent Restart Here from working on challenges
- Prevent AI planes from responding to player activation groups
- Fixed a bug with drag on initially disconnected parts
- Fixed a bug with tournament validation of part scale="1,1,1"
Patch 184.108.40.206 (13 September 2016)
- Expert achievements for the 6 new races have been fixed.
- AA Tanks now have a little spread to their bullets.
- Added bindable inputs for 'Restart' and 'Restart Here'.
- Fixed a bug with the targeting system that could cause it to spam errors in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where an invalid subassembly file would prevent the designer from loading properly.
- Fixed an issue preventing modded engines that require zero air intake from functioning.
- Fixed an issue on Android where a mod with spaces in the filename would not load properly.
- Mod Tools have been updated
- Levels can now be targeted as mobile only or PC only.
- Fixed an issue with destroyers created via the mod tools not obeying initial hostility settings.
- Added support for spawning sandbox AI planes from XML.
- Added support for spawning convoys.
- Fixed an issue with map plugin objects not spawning in the correct positions.
- Fixed an issue with potentially invalid bundle identifiers when exporting Android mods.
Patch 220.127.116.11 (17 August 2016)
- 1 new combat mission: Convoy Assault
- 1 new airplane race: Indy Air Race
- 2 off-road car races: Riding Dirty & Snow Crawl
- 3 on-road car races: Airstrip Drag, Gold Prix, & Motor Mirage
- New stock airplane: Bush Plane
- Convoys added to Krakabloa and Maywar. Like the battleships, they will become hostile if engaged.
- Parachutes! Slow down and safely descend. Carrier landings are now a breeze. Choose your favorite colors.
- Fuselage Inlets! Build better replicas with a customize-able air intake for your jet engines, built directly into the fuselage.
- Tractor wheels! A new wheel type option for the resize-able wheels.
- AI spawning dialog options enhanced and expanded. Now includes positioning and AI modes.
- AI will attempt a landing when a Final Approach location is selected.
- Aggressive AI mode! Orchestrate your own battles. If they have weapons, get ready to feel some heat..
- AI now works with cars! If vehicles turn over during a race, they will automatically flip back upright after a short delay. Aggressive cars will chase you down in a crazy game of kamikaze chicken.
- AI opponents will be properly placed on the ground in races. Manually spawned AI will be re-positioned on the ground.
3D Printing & Exporting Designs
- EUCL3D purchasing available for mobile players.
- Export the 3D model (OBJ file) of your design. Print your own creations. Fool around with it in some 3D modeling software.
- Updated mod tools to support adding our assets (ships, turrets, bridges, AA tanks, etc.) onto custom maps.
- Added two new XML-only attributes to control surfaces: "activationGroup" (0-8) and "activationGroupLocksInput" (true/false).
Other Features & Tweaks
- Redesigned stock airplanes: Vertigo & Sea Plane.
- Increased length of CoM, CoL, and CoT gizmos.
- Added a small amount of spread to bullets.
- Zooming the flight mode camera with the mouse wheel is now a bindable input.
- Game engine upgrade (Unity 5.3.4 -> Unity 5.3.6f1).
- AI will no longer spawn underwater, appearing as if they never spawned at all.
- The AI flight bug when the plane was perpendicular to target.
- Improved the fuselage properties flyout dialog.
- Removed the Fix Rotation warning message.
- Fixed a bug where jet engines would randomly stop working.
- Fixed a few tool-tip issues in the designer.
- Removed excessive undo steps when nudging on PC/Mac.
Patch 1.4.6 (10 June 2016)
- Added support for EUCL3D so players can order 3D prints of their airplanes
- Fixed a bug where the CoL would not update in the designer
- Improved performance of designer