Patch 1.3.5 (20 May 2019)
- Now temp save files have unique names to prevent rare sharing violation crashes.
Patch 1.3.4 (07 May 2019)
- Fixed crash saving games introduced in 1.3.3
Patch 1.3.3 (06 May 2019)
- Fixed text in tutorial, that indicated that main menu was at the top of the screen, when in fact it has moved to the bottom in the latest version.
- Fixed typo in Cabin tooltip.
- Temp files for profile, settings and savegames, are now created in the same folder as the final file to reduce the likelihood of corruption.
- If the game can not load settings or profile files, a more helpful error message is displayed.
Patch 1.3.2b (01 March 2019)
- Game no longer writes log.txt file, as it was being blocked by anti virus software
- Game now uses a temp file in user folder to store in progress savegames, to avoid them being blocked by anti virus
Patch 1.3.2 (01 March 2019)
- Printed message when game can not write log.txt file
Patch 1.3.1 (22 October 2018)
- Fixed rare crash while downloading the Dawn of Man announcement image
- Preventing broken challenges from crashing the challenges screen
- Fixed various glitches when changing resolution on Mac
Patch 1.3.0 (28 August 2018)
- Bioplastic, Metal and Semiconductor resource counts now reflect the free amounts by default (not the total amounts).
- New improved UI layout
- Main menu is now at the center bottom of the screen
- General panel and resources panel are now always visible
- Context menu is displayed on top of selection panel
- Removed build menu, build external and build internal are now top level menus
- Moved tutorial instructions to the upper part of the screen
- Added production limits for the different types of bots
- Streamlined charts window
- Only important charts are shown by default
- There is a "more" button that shows all charts
- Added keyboard shortcuts for alert modes
- MAC build is now 64 bit, as 32 bit apps are going to be deprecated soon
- Fixed a bug that could make the game display a black screen on Windows at startup
Patch 1.2.3 (06th September 2017)
- New (and final) music track.
- Improved challenge select screen, you can now see descriptions before launching challenge.
- Added new Metagame section in help menu, explaining some of the core's game mechanics in more detail.
- Addes status icons for colonists when their stats are below optimal.
- Added food, power and repair hints in game when low on food, power or spares.
- Making sure we don't show hints in challenges.
- Added warning for low storage space.
- Added better text in game over screen, prompting the user to play tutorial or check metagame section.
- Increased width of area where tips get drawn in loading screen, to avoid them occupying 3 lines.
Patch 1.2.2 (07th June 2017)
- New "Freeman Chronicles" mini campaign with 3 new challenges.
- Rearranged challenge select screen, now challenges are grouped by campaign.
- In Mining Station Alpha challenge, traders come more frequently, and there is an extra Driller Bot.
- In Starport Atlantis challenge, you now get an extra Carrier Bot and Biologist at the start, but no Workers. Also you get no food traders anymore.
- In Frozen cage challenge, you only need to survive for 15 days now.
- Rocks in the Dark Moon challenge now have the same color as the surface.
- Fixed issue when loading strings from campaign challenges.
- Fixed welfare objetive in challenges.
- New music track.
- Added vsync option to settings menu.
- Fixed issue with resources in storage sometimes not being selectable.
- New things that can be done in challenges:
- Specify a restricted set of specializations that come in colonist ships.
- Specify the size of a building to be built as an objetive in a challenge.
- Specify a particular type of colonist or bot to build as objective.
- Prevent workers from mining.
- Change the frequency of trading ships.
- Change the color of the planet's rocks.
- Change the Sun, Environment Map and Backdrops.
Patch 1.2.1 (12th September 2016)
- Added new models for colonist and visitor ships, and improved textures for the existing ones.
- Added achievements screen, you can see which achievements you've completed within the game.
- Added ReachBots objective, this requires the player to build a certain number of bots.
- Added DisableColonyShipRecycling gameplay modifier, that prevents the player from recycling the Colony Ship in challenges.
- Added ThunderstormRisk gameplay modifier, that allows to add thunderstorms in any planet (or disable them in the Storm Planet).
- Small cabin model fixed, windows were in the wrong place.
- Visitors without an owned ship, will still leave in the next ship, but only if it doesn't contain intruders.
Patch 1.2.0 (24 June 2016)
- Added support for challenges. Challenges are predefined scenarios that the player has to complete, they can also be used to create variations of the existing planets. There are some built-in ones, and they can also be created by the players.
- New music track
- Reworked title screen a bit, moved credits to a smaller button, and added switch planet and credits buttons.
- Pyramid now requires Signpost first
- When buying vegetables, vitromeat or meals from traders you now get a random subtype