Darksiders Warmastered Edition
Patch cs 2679 (07 July 2017)
- Added Simplified Chinese localization
- Added Native Steam controller support
- D3D errors don't crash the game but show a message box with the proper error code
- Fixed broken Controller configuration screen for several controllers.
- Fixed two threading hazards that could lead to crashes during video playback and during unloading of graphics assets for animated meshes.
- Updated timing code, the game might now be able to run with higher frame rates
Patch cs 2375 (06 January 2017)
- Videoplayer rewrite: Takes less CPU (up to three times), more stable synchronization
- Fix for freeze when skipping videos right away
- Fixed application crash on startup due to virtual memory problems
- Better DualShock 4 controller detectopm (newer models are working now)
- Xbox One controller users see Xbox One button prompts (doesn't work in some setups with multiple controllers connected)
- Added better diagnostic code to get rid of the remaining crash problems
Patch cs 2343 (19 December 2016)
- Crash on start fix : Game displays a Message box in cases where the steam client fails to provide a save data Api. You need to update steam or reinstall steam to resolve this - or play without saving.
- Abyssal armor was not carried over into a new game if the new game was not started in the same session. Please note : If you have a save with abyssal armor already then load that game, save again and restart the application.
- Screen saver should no longer kick in when playing with some game pads.
- Reticle was small (sometimes close to invisible) in any texture Quality other than highest. This has been fixed.
- EXP between Harvester and Scythe was not correctly transferred, fixed now.
- PS4 controller could not be reconnected after disconnect, fixed now.
- Video player received some cleanup, including a few leaks fixed here and there. Please report if this fixes anything
- Crash when running on a system without Audio output
- It could happen that one could not assign gear, this should be fixed
- Mouse cursor is now automatically hidden after 5 sec when playing with game pad
- Game pad dead zone can now be adjusted (start game, let it save settings, then edit the settings file - gamepad_deadzone under [input] - value is 0 to 1, default 0.35. There is a minimal deadzone built in that you can not remove)
- Some remaining resource leaks were fixed that could lead to crashes when on low memory or switching between modes / resizing the window often.
- VRAM / Memory leak issue fixed that made the game use up all RAM, then
- Russian voiceovers added
- Settings should now save correctly if Windows user name contains
- Crash when corrupt Key mapping was read fixed. We don't know yet how
corrupt Key mapping files are written.
- The tutorial text explaining how to throw objects was showing the wrong
button for keyboard / mouse users.
- New Feature : Force saved data import
- This allows more control over importing saved data from the original
game into Darksiders Warmastered Edition saved data.
- Instructions for Force saved data import
- Open the file %appdata%\kaiko\darksiders1\config.ini
- Add the line 'force_save_data_import=true' to the [game] section.
- When starting the game it should now always ask you whether or not
to import saved data, given it finds original saved data. Please note that all slots that your original save contains will get overwritten in the WME savedata. You can remove unwanted slots from the original saved data before importing, these files are located in %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Darksiders
Patch cs 2267 (02 December 2016)
- Fix for AMD performance problems
- Fix for users with Non-ANSII character based usernames that had problems to get config saved / loaded
- Fix for users without pre-existing keyboard config could not load / save keyboard config
- Note : If you had working keyboard config load / save, then please copy your keyboard configuration to the new place.
- The old file was %localappdata%\Darksiders\controls.dcon. New location and filename is %appdata%\kaiko\darksiders1\keymapping.bin. Please just copy the file and rename it.
- Aspect ratio works now in windowed mode, should work with full screen and non 16:9 Monitors (please give feedback)
- FOV settings (auto and user controlled) work now in all cases
- Framerate cap lifted from ~ 100 fps to ~330 fps
- Mouse wheel should now work as input (its default for switching targets)
Patch 1.0.2246 (29 November 2016)
- Fixes an issue with Vsync in Darksiders Warmastered Edition.
Update (28 May2015)
- We have added a Windows XP Compatibility Patch that returns Windows XP compatibility to Darksiders.