Gamma 38 (20 November 2018)
We've got a new mode for you! Creative mode lets you take any existing maps and build your dream metro. Here is what's new:
- Add, delete, and reshape stations, as well as control how busy they get. No more circle stations everywhere!
- Unlimited locomotives, carriages, and interchanges.
- All lines start unlocked.
- An increased per-line locomotive limit.
It's all up to you. Build your home town's network in meticulous detail, make a massive city with an equally large fleet of trains, or construct geometric patterns and record looping gifs.
We'd love to see what you come up with!
Gamma 37 (20 August 2018)
The next update has pulled into the station! We've added two features, one for experienced players and one for those new to Mini Metro.
- Added challenge mode. Choose one of the existing achievement challenges and build your metro within the restrictions.
- Added an interactive guide that explains the rules of the game and the basics of how to build your metro.
- The alternate maps now unlock automatically if you've already reached the required score.
- The per-line locomotive limit has been increased on maps with fewer than seven lines.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Gamma 36b (06 June 2018)
- High scores and time played are correctly recorded for alternate maps.
- Unnecessary analytics and crash reporting calls have been removed.
Gamma 36 (26 April 2018)
Get ready for a leap back in time as we revisit some iconic metro maps of the past!
- London, 1960: Nearly 30 years since his revolutionary first map, Harry Beck created his last vision of the underground in 1960.
- New York City, 1972: Inspired by the iconic London map, Massimo Vignelli produced this modernist interpretation of the MTA.
- Paris, 1937: In contrast to the sleek modern design, the elegant Seine dances through Paris in this pre-war map.
Deliver 1000 passenger in normal or extreme mode on any of these cities to unlock their alternate maps.
Gamma 34 (18th December 2017)
- Journey to the island city-state of Singapore and lay some tracks.
- More explicit tutorial text.
- Endless mode is truly endless! Earn new assets for as long as you can keep increasing efficiency.
- The direction of trains is shown when paused.
Gamma 31 (07th November 2017)
Gamma 28 (19th September 2017)
- Performance optimisations
Patch Gamma 26 (05 September 2017)
- Upgraded the Unity runtime to 5.6.3 and enabled the DirectX 11 renderer (fixes the pink screen bug).
- Various fixes and improvements to the passenger decision-making.
- Added a bridge to Mumbai.
- Adjusted line and passenger colours in San Francisco and the colorblind theme to increase contrast.
- Prevented railcars from going missing if the player attempted to relocate them while their line was in the process of being deleted.
- The upcoming station location hints in Extreme mode are now visible in all cities in night mode.
Patch Gamma 22 (12th May 2017)
- Passengers are now visible when playing on Istanbul in night mode.
- Scores coming out of Mumbai are now correctly uploading to leaderboard.
Patch Gamma 20 (10 May 2017)
- Added maps for Washington, D.C., Istanbul, and Mumbai
- Changed Hong Kong map to include new South Island Line
- Added Arabic and Te Reo Māori translation
- Fixed the passenger surge bug
Patch Gamma 19a (04th April 2017) [Linux only]
- Small update resolving an incompatibility that gamma19 had with some Intel HD integrated GPUs on Ubuntu. The game now uses Unity's older OpenGL 2 renderer on Linux.
Patch Gamma 19 (20 March 2017)
- Added kerning to all text.
- Added Thai translation
- Extra endless milestones added.
- Ghost passengers in endless mode fixed.
- Carriages will no longer get stuck if they're moved late into an endless game.
- Fixed maximum efficiency being reported incorrectly when moving into the city screen.
201702141350 (Gamma 18) (17th February 2017)
- Endless mode has been tweaked. Fewer shouting passengers, more zen.
- The very last passenger pathing bug has been fixed! )Until we find the next one of course.)
- Fixed high scores sometimes not being submitted to the online leaderboard.
201701101048 (Gamma17) (11th January 2017)
- San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai have new musical scores by Mateo Lugo, the composer for Reigns.
201612231349 (23rd December 2016)
- We’ve got two new maps, Seoul and Shanghai! We’ve also made some adjustments in the passenger’s decision making to help them take the best route. You can now switch between multi monitors option in the options menu on Windows. We are still working on this for Ubuntu and macOS.
201611091216 (10th November 2016)
- The Interface no longer vanishes if you continue a scored game into Endless mode, and the Greek, Catalan, and Hungarian localisations have been restored.
201610181731 (21st October 2016)
- A new map, San Francisco! Bridge over the two estuaries as you link up the cities of the Bay Area.
- Major overhaul of the line-building code. This has cleared up a lot of the niggling issues when building and editing routes, and also made middle-edits feel a lot nicer.
- Lines can now cross. It's still best to avoid it as your trains move slower when they have to cross other lines. [/line]
201607151239 (15th July 2016)
- -novignette and -notint can now be specified on the command line to hide the vignette and tint.
- Added European Portuguese translation.
- Fixed the crash when starting the game from within a directory named with non-ANSI characters.
- Resuming an archived game now correctly restores the score.
- Logging's been added around the Daily Challenge to track down the update loop it can get stuck in.
201606031333 (03rd June 2016)
- Holding down the shift key at startup will open the adapter selection dialog.
- Tidied up service calls for fetching leaderboards and the daily challenge, which means a slightly quicker UI.
- Fixed uncommon case where the transition or engine sound would loop continuously.
- Tapping the control key will play a quick red burst animation on top of the mouse cursor.
- Fixed inconsistencies in the German translation.
- Removed one-frame snap when continuing a scored game.
- Screenshot and GIF save notification messages no longer persist past their useful lifetime.
201512161359 (07th January 2015)
- Number of small fixes
- Addition of Swedish translation
201511261424 (02nd December 2015)
- Commuter Achievement should now unlock when requirements are met
- Pathfinding fix! Trains approaching busy stations will pick up passengers more reliably.-
- Decompressed audio is now cached to reduce startup times.
- New audio arrangement for Melbourne.
- Melbourne's hub station achievement goal is no longer failed unfairly.
- Portrait resolutions are no longer broken.
- Bridges are now used to cross the Yarra instead of tunnels.
- The colour for Cairo's grey line is more distinctive from the unused line's colour.
201511101307 (12th November 2015)
- Daily Challenge mode! Every day a new game is generated, which plays out the same for everyone. You get just one chance on this map to get the highest score you can.
- Reduction in load times.
- Reduction in Audio Memory usage
- A number of rare exceptions tidied up.
- Tiny translation fix.
- Fixed mangled leaderboard names.
- Allowed the daily challenge to be played while not connected to Galaxy.
- Corrected Galaxy achievement issues