Ruin of the Reckless
Update 1.1.0A (30th October 2017)
- There are three new ‘hero’ type monsters. These are more powerful golden versions of some of the early game monsters, to add a bit more variety to the early game.
- Skullslimes have been studying, and have learned how to retreat! This has granted them the ability to attack Stargrove while he’s standing perfectly still, and thanks to their new ‘Advanced Skullslime Targeting System™’ they just might hit him too! Beware the might of the Skullslime, bolstered by their new golden cousins… they align against you.
- Two new Chaos cards have been added, both dealing with the new hero monsters.
- Various fixes and optimizations across the code. Various graphical and visual fixes across the code.
- Tweaks to difficulty and spawning across the entire game (in general, floors have become more consistent in challenge across playthroughts and a bit easier – and the variety of enemy types has been increased just a bit as well.)
Update 1.0.2D (1st June 2017)
- Added Portuguese Language Option. To Try it out, right click 'Ruin of the Reckless' in your Steam Library. Select 'Languages' and choose 'Portuguese' from the drop down menu. :)
- Fixed a very rare error that caused some users to be unable to select 'keyboard' for player one when they don't have a gamepad connected. (hopefully!)
- Fixed an error which caused Reginald (the shopkeeper) to say a certain line of dialogue when he should not have said it.
- Players can no longer enter the tutorial area while playing co-op.
- Optimizations for several game elements that were causing undue slowdown/ hardware stress.
- Chests no longer drop zenny.
- By popular demand... added new icons for 'Enter' and TAB' to Loss text while inside the tower.
- When players run out of time on a floor, a new visual effect will be shown (exclamation point), this allowed us to eliminate the "this floor is becoming unstable text" which we found to be distracting, confusing, unclear, and also obstruct the action of the game sometimes.
- Long Chaos Card descriptions will now scroll on the Chaos Mat... preventing ugly text formatting errors.
- Eliminated an error that caused the player reticle to fail to draw in situations where it should have drawn (like while jumping.)
- Orb Icons now 'wrap' downwards rather than extending infinitely into the abyss of the opposite side of your monitor.
- 'Scholar' now shows one orb for each orb you collect, instead of two. This just cuts down on visual clutterl.
- The next major patch will be focused on performance, making changes which should reduce slowdown for those of you that have been encountering it. We will also be adding support for Russian and Spanish language as well. The patch after that will (hopefully) add achievements.
Update 1.0.1B (4 May 2017)
- Added ultraHD support! In either fullscreen or windowed, if your monitor is high enough resolution to support it, the various available resolutions will automatically scale 2,3,4, etc... times up until they are the maximum possible size for your monitor.
- Enabled players to use the 'keyboard confirm' OR space, OR enter to navigate game menus (previously was just 'enter')
- Poverty Chaos Card affects baby-mode starting money.
- Nerfed Technician so that it doesn't spawn 'quite' so many awesome items all the time.
- 'Wizard' Chaos Card now starts the player with a mana-stone in addition to the normal equipment allotted.
- Dino slimes 'puddle attack' now moves 25% slower and makes a distinctive warning noise. Hopefully this cuts down on some of the unfair feeling deaths. (New Change)
- Remixed certain game sounds to be more balanced in terms of volume.
- Fixed an error that caused Dino Slimes to crash the game if they tried to eat a skill orb the player was currently absorbing.
- Fixed an error that caused spirit tether to get stuck on walls in certain situations...
- Fixed an error that allowed Dino Slimes to steal your weapon in situations where they should not have.
- Fixed an error that caused Dino Slimes to transform stolen weapons that had previously been uncursed by the player into other weapon types.
- Fixed an error which could cause a crash if the player drank 8 jackal potions and then got really high in the tower.
- Fixed an error that caused the player to appear to pass 'under' walls when taking the elevator up to the next floor.
- Fixed an error that, under rare circumstances, caused monsters to sometimes fail to spawn on certain floors.
- Probably a bunch of other tiny stuff i'm forgetting.
- (hopefully) fixed a crash that was caused when some users picked up the trap card inside the first boss room. (New Change)
- Reduced sound of Ace Blade in general (New Change)