Patch 5.069 (21 September 2017)
- FTPSprint.exe no longer requires Labyrinths to be usable in Extensions
- FTPBounce.exe runs 2 seconds faster
- Added -s argument to HexClock.exe to allow execution without UI theme change
- Improved the PositionNear tag for computers
- Added SetLock action to show/hide and lock/unlock display modules
Other Fixes and Changes:
- Fixed case in which HackerScript testing would report the wrong computer as the target
- Fixed ShowNode action
- Fixed some cases in HackerScripts where the player would not get an alert notification
- Fixed an issue where invalid charachters would break the Intro text sequence
- HackerScripts will no longer open your CD tray when you're just testing them
- Fixed many issues where blank lines or spaces in the wrong places would break HackerScripts
- Fixed a case where the upload command would upload to the current directory instead of the directory where it was originally run
- Fixed the top bar going missing on CustomConnectDaemons
- Fixed many cases in which #PLAYERNAME# and other wildcards were not supported in Daemons
- The ChangeIP action now supports #RANDOM_IP# for a randomly generated IP
- Fixed some small issues with ESequencer.exe spin up time
Patch 5.068 (09 June 2017)
- Turkish translation!
- Thank you to Serhat Çavunt for the excellent work on this!
- FastActionHost daemon:
- An optimized Action host daemon - this daemon does nothing except host delayable actions - but it is much more efficient at doing that than other servers.
- If you have lots of actions looping or in delay at once (more than 50, say) it might be worth moving them to be delay hosted on one of these instead if you encounter performance issues.
- Custom ISP Servers are now supported, but adding a computer with the ID "ispComp"
- HackerScripts now support delete * commands to delete everything in a folder:
- Added a scroll functionality to the Extensions list for people with more than a page of Extensions installed.
- Added support for the * wildcard in the scp command to download all files in a folder.
- Usage: scp *
- Added better error reporting, recovery and automated tests for common extension errors.
- Added HideAllNodes Action that un-reveals all visible nodes from the netmap
- Added ShowNode Action that reveals a node on the netmap
- Added addRankSilent mission function:
- Same as AddRank, but it won't send a faction update report email
- Added needsMissionComplete check to the Instantly action condition.
- MessageBoard threads now support wildcards like #PLAYERNAME#
- Fixed Custom Admin accounts not having the same full permissions as normal admin accounts.
- Fixed non-email alert icons not correctly showing alerts for @#PLAYERNAME# and @Channel notifications.
- Fixed descriptions in non-English languages not working correctly.
- Fixed HackerScripts interacting with whitelists being affected by the player's whitelist status.
- Fixed some cases where crashing during a screenbleed sequence would keep that effect.
- Incoming Connection alert will now only display on a connect command from a Hacker Script targeting the player, instead of whenever one was launched.
- Fixed non-standard characters not rendering in HackerScripts
- Fixed some errors with whitelist servers managed by a remote server not correctly checking their own system status.
- IRC and DLCHub daemons now support #PLAYERNAME# and other wildcards in IRC mesages and names.
- Fixed Sequencer ignoring the given spin up time and always using the default.
- Fixed the reboot command in Hackerscripts targeting the plaeyr instead of the intended target in some cases
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a HackerScript tried to delete a file that wasn't there
Patch 5.060 - Extensions Update (02 June 2017)
- Create your own campaigns, system networks, nodes, themes, music and story missions using the Hacknet Extensions mod tools.
Using Extensions with DRM Free Hacknet:
You'll need a copy of the Extension you want to install. It should be an entire folder (probably zipped or something). Unzip it, and copy the entire Extension folder into the /Extensions folder next to Hacknet.exe.
Make sure the folder you have unzipped contains ExtensionInfo.xml and that it's not nested too deep!
Now you should be able to see it from the Extensions menu!
Patch 5.034 (04 April 2017)
- MemForensics will display more helpful error messages when the player typos the filename.
- Fixed some issues with the VMBootloaderTrap.dll sequence, but I'm still working on this!
- Fixed issues with the Russian translation of some commands in that section.
- Fixed a bug where launching KaguyaTrials.exe after completing it would change the music.
- Fixed an issue where the "listen" account on Lihotas didn't have file deletion permissions.
- Fixed glyphs rendering too close together for CJK versions of the CoelTrain sequence
- Fixed readability of Chinese VMBootloaderTrap.dll repair guide.
- Fixed various other small problems and quality of life issues.
Patch 5.023 (31 March 2017)
- Hacknet - Labyrinths DLC compatibility update.
How to find the Labyrinths DLC content
- Hacknet - Labyrinths takes place before the end of the base game. You can access it from two points within Hacknet - as a mission from Entropy after you've completed a few contracts there, or from CSEC. You can also access it from CSEC if you have a save file that's completed the game, or if up to that stage of the game already.
Patch 4.0547 (14 October 2016)
- Added support for Chinese (Simplified) and Japanese for all three platforms
Patch 4.0543 (13 October 2016)
- Added support for Chinese (Simplified) and Japanese for Windows only
Patch 4.054 (15 June 2016)
- Fixed all gameplay issues with the French translation (Note: this fixes the [PRÉNOM] issue!)
- Fixed several mistranslations, typos and other issues with all new languages.
- Improved text readability of several servers when playing at a low resolution.
- Fixed several crash on startup issues for players with unusual Audio hardware, unusual graphics drivers, and other issues.
- Improved stability and auto-recovery systems for detecting crashes that Hacknet can automatically recover from.
- Fixed issues with CSEC not assigning new missions in some cases.
- General bugfixes and stability improvements
Patch 4.048 (09 June 2016)
- added German, Russian, French, Spanish and Korean language support
Patch 4.034 (15 April 2016)
- Added account deletion
- Added settings option to disable music visualizer for performance
- Improved Tab Complete
- X in top left now exits to main menu
- Fixed mv command not accepting blank arguments
- Fixed reaching entropy earlier than intended not working
- Fixed sound mute not applying on load
- Fixed WebServerWorm drawing out of bounds
- Fixed faction ranking being displayed and calculated incorrectly in some edge cases
- Added a missing SFX artist from the credits (Sorry!)
- Made some small changes to an early mission that was unintentionally offensive
- Fixed several display and interaction bugs with the login and new account screens from the main menu
- Fixed a display buy with ingame login screens
- Added ambiance drone to main menu
- Fixed issues where sequencers and ETAS events wouldn't behave correctly
- Disabled saving during critical timed events
- Fixed some issues causing unreliable or incorrect program execution
- Fixed many other small issues
- Updated wording of some Entropy missions to be more clear
Patch 4.020 (21 January 2016)
- upgrades the build from XNA to use the new FNA frameworks that were used to port the game to Mac and Linux.
- this patch drastically reduces the system requirements for Hacknet - if you were getting black screens or crashes on startup, this should help!
Patch 4.008 (21 December 2015)
- The Mac and Linux versions of Hacknet have been added.
Patch 3.018 (13 November 2015)
- This is the latest version of Hacknet.
- This update includes miscellaneous fixes and updates to the game.
Patch 3.014 (07 October 2015)
- Dramatically reworked saves system - including a system to auto-upgrade all existing saves from the current system to the new one, and perform some error recovery on them to fix the most common save corruption issues.
- The new system is much, much more stable, and the upgrade process will try and recover all saves that it can, including ones that may have been previously lost or unusable.
- Fixed issues where deleting some specific files would cause the save to be corrupted.
- Added support for directory changing with non-relative paths. (i.e: cd /log from anywhere will not put you in the log folder)
- Fixed a problem where denying Junebug, then later moving onto the bit investigation would not be adding in resources that the player needs for those missions to the CSEC assets server.
- Fixed Education Network Archives saying 'Player belongs to another faction' when reading some records.
- Fixed many issues surrounding creating and loading multiple saves.
- Fixed issues where Hacknet would crash if the directory path you were in was too big for your resolution.
- Fixed some flow issues with the tutorial
- Fixed branch save games not loading correctly in some cases
- Fixed an issue where on some systems, the X-C mission could not be completed
Patch 3.011 (24 August.2015)
From the developer:
- Most notably, the Junebug error has been dealt with (very sorry to everyone who was affected by this!). I've fixed several other smaller issues, including the quickload buttons on the load screen being broken for some users, and made some stabilization improvements to the save system while I work on the bigger fix.
Patch 3.009 (24 August 2015)
- Fixed "John Boorman" save file issue (and most save file loading errors)
- Fixed many issues that were causing people to lose save files.
- Made the active mission canceling system much more clear with CSEC.
- Players were never intended to pick up contracts during the endgame sequence, or accept multiple contracts at once. The new UI makes this much more obvious. A more robust fix, supporting multiple contracts, will hopefully come in a later update.
- Fixed issues causing strange (Broken) pointclicker behavior for some users
- Fixed issues with "scp" command not correctly downloading files to specified directories and filenames in some cases
- Fixed being able to use the netmap while the os hasn't finished loading
- Fixed several issues with... specific medical firmware.
- Fixed some issues with FTPBounce.exe visuals - visual upgrade still to come.