Prison Architect the_rock_1.03 Patch (July 14, 2020)
We just published a new update for the PC, Mac, and Linux version of Prison Architect containing more fixes to issues and bugs you reported, overall improvements based on both players’ and internal feedback… and some cool new features for Island Bound!
First of all, we are happy to announce that the new Island Generation tool is now available! This tool will allow you to draw a box on open water, and it will randomly generate a new Island in the selected area.
We’ve also spent some time implementing several community suggestions to other core areas of the Prison Architect game experience.
We hope you enjoy the new features and fixes to Island Bound and other legacy issues, and we’ll continue as always to monitor your feedback and suggestions.
The Prison Architect Team
NEW FEATURE - Island Generator: Players can use this tool to create a random island in the selected area.
You can find this new tool in the “Landscape & Islands” menu.
NEW FEATURE - Expanded Map start option: On new games, you can choose to start with an already expanded map, with all the adjacent land or sea purchased.
Added newer, improved versions of the Premade The Rock and Alcatraz Island maps.
Implemented suggestions from the Prison Architect Community:
- Elite Ops Team is not included in Danger Level factors.
- Guard dogs are invisible whilst in kennels.
- During lockdowns, doors cannot be opened manually.
- Each checkpoint search counts as an unnecessary search, which can increase a prison temperature.
- Checkpoints can now be placed outdoors as well.
- Criminally Insane inmates will no longer arrive in your prison while Intake is set to closed.
- Improved efficiency of deliveries for the Forestry
- The player prisoner in Escape Mode can now board ferries with a new contextual right-click action that appears when standing near or on the ferry boat.
- Implemented quality of life changes to services and deliveries connections
- The Food supply system and food delivery have been improved.
Implemented fixes to issues reported by the Prison Architect Community:
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Laundries from working correctly.
- Checkpoints will no longer cause issues with prisoner pathing.
- Fixed an issue where Fill to Capacity Intake was closed despite players having spare cells.
- Enclosed Yards will no longer cause warnings about the need to be enclosed.
- The game will no longer pause while building foundations on Mac.
- Snipers will now be correctly assigned when moving Guard Towers.
- Guard deployments to Pavilions are now saved.
- Players will be now able to complete the Canteen sprinkler task in the Palermo Chapter of the Campaign.
- Purchasing additional land no longer causes a performance drop.
- Solved an issue that caused prisoner corpses to accumulate in one corner of the map after an Intake round.
- The Fast Delivery Mutator is now working properly.
- Food is now delivered to prisoners in Solitary or Lockdown.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to display pathing fail notifications during big constructions.
- Implemented a change to visitation booths to address the reports of prisoners and visitors swapping.
- If you are experiencing this bug, you can remove and replace the booths in your prison - this will fix the issue.
- Implemented improvements to the overall intake system and events, and a couple of fixes to related issues.
- Generated Islands look more varied and interesting on Island Bound.
Prison Architect the_rock_1.02_3593 Patch (July 2, 2020)
- NEW FEATURE - When expanding a Island map, a pop-up will give the choice to have only water or generated Islands.
- FIXED [COMMUNITY REPORTED] - Staff will again respond to player directions now.
- FIXED [COMMUNITY REPORTED] - Forestry Prisoner Labour assignments not being saved.
- FIXED [COMMUNITY REPORTED] - Players can assign a cell to a prisoner again by selecting the prisoner and right-clicking on an empty cell.
- FIXED [COMMUNITY REPORTED] - Spiritual guidance and Parole programs not occurring after the first day of implementation.
- FIXED [COMMUNITY REPORTED] - Eating animations are working again.
- FIXED [COMMUNITY REPORTED] - Health Bureaucracy text mentions guards instead of Doctors.
- FIXED - Janitors use ironing boards from a distance.
- IMPROVED - Chef now cooks more meals in the kitchen. (We are still investigating the supply issue).
- FIXED - Firefighter’s truck rides on the water after dismissing a helicopter on Island Plot map.
- FIXED - Capacitor and Power Switch stop conducting electricity after changing their rotation without moving them.
- FIXED - Missing french loc strings.
- FIXED - Warden can go beyond the map in Warden mode.
- FIXED [PSYCH WARD] - Sedation sometimes doesn't work.
- IMPROVED - Generated islands when expanding the map look more natural and varied. We will improve this even further in the coming week.
- IMPROVED - Laundry and janitor cleaning jobs have been changed to make them more effective.
We are also investigating the following issues as a priority for next week’s update
- NEW FEATURE [IN PROGRESS] - Island ‘Quick Builds’ to stamp down various island shapes in open water.
- NEW FEATURE [IN PROGRESS] - “Island generator”, similar to a building construction that will generate an island where you want it to.
- IMPROVEMENT - Some jobs are being reworked to improve their efficiency and general stability of the game.
- PERFORMANCE - A round of optimisation and performance testing.
The Rock Hotfix (29 June 2020)
- New Feature: When expanding an Island Map, new islands will be generated, rather than empty sea.
- The game will leave an empty area for existing shipping lanes.
- All the Island Bound assets are now showing in the Cheat/Debug mode.
- Solved pathfinding issues caused by Security Checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when deploying a modded room.
- The game will no longer crash if you intake a corrupted Name In the Game Prisoner.
- Tyre Apparatus can now be rotated properly.
- Air Paramedics will now be able to leave the map if their Helicopter is dismissed.
- Criminally Insane prisoners will now properly attack trees when they acquire a weapon if they really have strong feelings against that tree.
- Fixed several localization issues for Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
Island Bound (23 June 2020)
New Delivery and Transport systems
- Docks: use 4 new boat vehicles to replace the standard road services.
- Civilian Ferry, Inmate Ferry and Supply Boat.
- Helipads: use 3 new helicopters to replace the standard road services.
- Supply Helicopter and Prisoner Intake Helicopter.
- Contraband is available for prisoners at both Docks & Helipads.
New Helicopter Emergency Services
- Air Fire Fighters: the Air Firefighter Helicopter transports a squad of firefighters and is able to fight fires itself from the sky, Firefighters connect their hoses to the Helipad they land at instead of the road-based hydrants.
- Elite Ops: the Elite Ops Helicopter transports a squad of the new “Elite Ops” units. They are a level higher than the usual Riot Guards. The helicopter is able to deploy these units wherever the player chooses.
- Air Paramedics: the Air Paramedics Helicopter transports a squad of paramedics.
New Logistics options
- Deliveries: manage the linking of Helipads, Docks, or the road to their designated locations (Delivery, Garbage, Export, Storage, or Reception rooms).
- Transport: Allows users to toggle the specific services available to Docks, Helipads, or the Road (Deliveries, Intake, Civilians, and Exports), each service is then split further to allow users to toggle either the entire services or parts of it.
- Deliveries - Building Materials, Food, Mail, and Workshop Materials.
- Intake - Minimum Security, Medium Security, Maximum Security, SuperMax, Death Row, and the Criminally Insane.
- Civilians - Visitors, and Teachers.
- Exports - Garbage, and Exports (logs and workshop items)
New “Crate Scanner” Machine & Monitor
- The crate scanner allows for crates to be scanned (for contraband) before being brought within the prison’s walls.
- A monitor must be placed and manned by a guard for the scanner to operate.
- The monitor must be wired to the scanner in the same way as CCTV monitors.
- Multiple scanners can be wired to the same monitor object.
New Checkpoint Object
- This object works similarly to the metal detector object, prisoners will move through the checkpoint and be searched by guards.
- This object will also be manned by guards. Otherwise, prisoners will ignore it.
- This object can be used to enforce inmate searches at certain key points within the prison.
2 new Prison Plots:
- The Island Plot: An island plot surrounded with water, with no road at all, but an auto- generated boat dock.
- The Connected Island: An island plot surrounded with water, but connected to the road still via an auto-generated bridge.
- Shallow Water (Flooring item)
- Placing certain objects on water (Stepping Stones, Buoy, Fountain)
New water tiles
- Visual Water Blend
- Shallow Water
- Deep Water
- Standard Water
- Water (Shallow)
- Dock (Wooden)
- Wind Sock
- Deck Chair
- Stepping Stones (Ice)
- Scanner Machine
- Scanner Monitor
- Stepping Stones (Lily Pad)
- Boat Dock
- Ferry Dock
- Life Ring
- Light (Green)
- Light (Red)
- Metal Barrel
- Mooring Bollard
- Stepping Stones
- Stepping Stones (Pallet)
- Stone Water Spout
- Wooden Barre
- Placing Water over land tiles
- Placing land tiles over water tiles
- Placing utilities over water
- Visual Water Blend
- Cliff Edge
When prisoners perform certain actions/behavior or spend time in certain areas, they will gain a rising % chance to earn or lose a Reputation trait. With the available reputations being as follows:
- Skilled Fighter
- Expert Fighter
- Extremely Deadly
- Extremely Quick
- Extremely Strong
- Extremely Tough
- Extremely Volatile
- Escape Artist
Bugfixes and Improvements!
- Fixed an issue that caused Snipers to go to occupied Guard towers.
- Fixed an issue that caused Cooks to operate CCTV Monitors, Phone Taps and Door Controls.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent teachers from arriving at the prison.
- Setting custom security sectors will no longer block some programs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the use of “Free Fire” in Unlocked or Staff Only security sectors.
- The Appeal Tooltip for Death Row has been improved.
- Fixed a visual issue with new wall types in Utility view.
- New walls are no longer transparent for Gunfire/Taser line of sight.
- Fixed an issue with inmates stuttering their way to the Yard.
- The “Force Riot” function is now working properly.
- Custom security sectors do not block Escape Mode cell assignments anymore.
- Fixed an issue that prevented armed guards from shooting on GABOS.
- Fixed an issue that prevented external staff from walking through Visitor Doors.
- Fixed some crashing issues.
- Implemented some quality of life improvements for clients in a multiplayer game.
- The Warden can go beyond the map boundaries in Warden mode.
- Dismissing the helicopters of the new Air Emergency Services can lead to some visual and gameplay issues.
- The unit will remain on the map (Air Paramedics).
- When dismissing the Air Firefighter unit, a fire truck will drive past the map (potentially on water).
- MAC: Setting build priority does not work as indicated to the player (Alt+Click).
- Air Paramedics can't leave the map after dismissing their helicopter on Island Plot map.
The Bucket 1.01 (25 May 2020)
- Staff strikes are now playing out correctly. The prison will no longer go into permanent lockdown.
- Freefire SFX now plays correctly.
- New bed types (Old Bed, Mattress Bed, Comfy Bed) now work in padded cells.
- Clean laundry is now brought to inmates that have a new type of Bed in their Cell (Old Bed, Mattress Bed, Comfy Bed).
- Comfy beds are no longer behaving as low-quality beds. They are now properly tagged as high-quality beds.
- Comfy beds will now fulfill the Sleep need.
- Cooks now produce meals according to the quality setting correctly.
- Food Quantity and Variety for in-game Events are now met.
- Inmates are now fed correctly. They no longer end up without food when they arrive on time.
- Numerous UI fixes for 4k+ resolution.
- The logistic menu no longer closes when selecting a grading option.
- Janitors and Gardeners’ work can be prioritized.
- The game will no longer crash when placing a soft pillow without a bed.
Cleared for Transfer & Bucket Update (14 May 2020)
To all wardens,
Today we celebrate the release of Cleared for Transfer and The Bucket update, introducing several new exciting mechanics, wall types, objects and much more to your game. Check out the patch notes below!
Cleared for Transfer:
With Cleared for Transfer, we introduce the idea that prisoners can now transfer between security sectors of your prison - you control the criteria or rules for prisoners to transfer. In order to create a ‘motivation’ for prisoners to transfer, you can also link and/or restrict privileges to individual security sectors. You can increase (or decrease) a security sector’s grade (e.g. Min Sec), by attaching privileges (such as Visitation), adding new objects, equipment, and facilities, and making regime changes (such as more Yard time).
Ultimately your aim should be to entice prisoners to want to transfer into a more comfortable or privileged sector, and then encourage them to change their ways in order to meet the criteria for transfer.
Prisoner Transfers system:
- The Cleared for Transfer mechanics only refers to the following existing prisoner security sectors/levels; Min Sec, Med Sec, Max Sec, and SuperMax.
This means that prisoners can only transfer between these levels.
A Death Row inmate is always a Death Row inmate, a Protective Custody inmate is always a Protective Custody inmate and the same for Criminally Insane inmates.
- Inmates eager to move to a lower security sector with more privileges will only look at the sector that is one below their current one.
Elements that are tied to the Prisoner Transfers system:
- New tab in the Reports UI: Transfers.
- Updated Policy tab to allow for tweaking of privileges, food quality and parole cutoff.
- Updated Prisoners tab to see transfer candidates and to approve transfers.
The Prisoner Transfers system can be enabled and disabled in the map settings.
Expanded Room Grading system:
- Cells can now reach a max. Score of 15 (up from 10)
- Room Grading now includes the following rooms:
Security sector grading:
- Security sectors now have a grading that can be viewed in the “Logistics” menu.
- This will inform you about the attractiveness of a security sector and will feed into the Prisoners Transfer system.
The Bucket Update:
New room: Gym
- Introduced a new room: The Gymnasium.
- We added several new items for this room, such as the Boxing Ring, Punch Bag and Water Cooler.
- These objects can also be placed elsewhere in a prison.
- The Gymnasium will act similarly to a Yard (but indoors) catering to various prisoner Needs (Exercise and Recreation).
- Being inside the Gym will also negatively increase the prisoner’s “Hygiene” need by a small amount, encouraging a Shower.
- Prisoners will treat the Gym similarly to a Yard, meaning that they’ll want to visit the Gym during the “Yard” and “Freetime” regime periods.
- With the exception of gang members (mentioned below), all other inmates should still favor the Yard (seemingly as they get to spend some time outside).
New custom security sectors for Deployment:
- You can now create a custom security sector in the Deployment menu,
e.g. You can set a sector that includes min and med security.
Punishments, Searches, Shakedowns & More per sector:
- Actions that you trigger via the bottom-right HUD element can now be activated for individual security sectors.
New Staff control:
- In the “Deployment” menu, you now have 4 new options:
Prioritize Area (Janitor)
Prioritize Area (Gardener)
- New Walls, Signs, Floors, etc.
- You can fire multiple staff now by holding the mouse button and dragging your selection.
- Added new quick rooms:
- The Planning mode now has an option to disable auto-foundations.
- Added Forestry Prison Labor.
- New research is necessary in the Bureaucracy menu.
- Barred walls will now allow for heat to pass through them.
- You can fire multiple staff now by holding the mouse button and dragging your selection.
- The renderer now supports multiple spritesheets!
- Vehicle speed and support for removing shadow casting from objects is now exposed for modding.
Additional Improvements, Fixes & Features:
- Intake UI: Renamed “Prisoner Transfer” to “Legendary Prisoners” to avoid confusion with the Prisoner Transfer system.
- Lunar Plot Forestry will now only grow Sakura trees.
- Assigned Cooks will now cook in their kitchen.
- Fixed an Exploit that would reset the Security Rating when reloading a prison.
- Fixed an issue that showed all Sectors as available in the Emergency Actions, if you've set a custom sector up in the prison.
- Transfers in Reports no longer open as a new window.
- Fixed a number of missing translations.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if you change the language several times in-game
- Fixed a slow down that a player would see if on multiplayer if the client turns on Prisoner Transfers. Also fixed Client not being able to see the correct Grading score for Security Sectors.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash on starting Prison Stories.
- Fixed a bug that would stop you from moving the Firemen in the "Palermo" scenario in Prison Stories.
- Policy menu will no longer show Criminally Insane if you do not have the DLC.
- Players will no longer be able to approve transfers if they load a map that had transfers on unless they have the DLC.
- New Assign and Prioritize options have the New Star picture on them to highlight they're new.
- Fixed a bug that meant Death Row inmates did not pass parole despite meeting the criteria for it.
- Clone tool no longer shows incorrect sprites when used.
- Fixed the Allow Transfer option so that when you disable it, no prisoners are shown as ready for transfer.
- Inmates whose reoffending rate match the number you set the 'estimated reoffending rate' for transfer now qualify for transfer.
- Fixed a bug that would stop you entering tunnels in Escape Mode.
- Fixed a bug that stops MAC/Linux players from playing the game in Windowed Borderless mode
- In Multiplayer when a Client changes criteria on the Transfers tab, other players can now see that change.
- Fixed an issue that had prisoners constantly being swapped about if they were in a Mixed Custom Sector wing.
- Criminally Insane prisoners can now live in a Custom Sector for 'Criminally Insane'.
- Fixed a bug that stopped a player from playing a modified map in Escape Mode
- In Multiplayer if the host has the Cleared For Transfer DLC, anyone who connects to that game will have access to the Transfers mechanics and content, regardless of if they own the DLC.
- Fixed an issue that caused UI elements to be off-screen or overlap if High DPI option is on in the graphics settings.
- Criminally Insane Prisoners with the Claustrophobic reputation no longer grows extra hands when in lockdown and aggressive.
- If using 4k resolution the Policy menu will no longer scroll off the page.
- Canteen trays no longer float in the air if they are at the bottom of an Oak Table.
The Sneezer 1.02 (27 November 2019)
- Criminally Insane inmates or associated prisoner traits will no longer spawn if the “Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition” Expansion is not installed.c
- Female prisoners with babies should no longer become criminally insane. This is also fixed in existing savegames.
- Players can cancel cloned rooms and get a refund for the item(s) canceled depending on the progress.
- Fixed prisoners’ hands and some carried items being displayed incorrectly when crossing bridges
- Fixed some crashing issues
- Fixed localization errors
- Fixed benches incorrectly attaching to walls and breaking alignment with tables
- Fixed an issue with some rotations of Guard Pavilion (Corner)
- Fixed the prisoner count being displayed incorrectly in Reports
- Fixed room quality stating some prisoners deserve higher Cell quality than 10
- Fixed prisoners not always being assigned a cell in sectors other than shared
- Fixed issues with the game being forced into a windowed state after loading a savegame on Mac OSX
- Fixed the “Prison Danger” statistic calculation including dead prisoners
- Fixed an issue where Criminally Insane Inmates were being unintentionally blocked from Chapel and Canteen rooms, even when said areas were flagged as "Insane Only" zones in Deployment.
- Fixed an issue where the planning aspects of the "Conviction" campaign story were not compatible with the new Planning Mode features.
- Added ability for Modders: You can now turn off shadows using “SpecialRestriction NoShadow”
- MAC/Linux: Changing the language during gameplay can lead to all objects turning into black squares. Restarting your game will fix this issue.
- MAC: There is a chance that the plot options “Snowbound Plot”, “Jungle Plot”, “Desert Plot” and “Lunar Plot” will not get applied when starting a new game.
The Sneezer (27 November 2019)
- The Main Menu update notes are now localized in all languages.
- Various Localization and Typo fixes
- The Fog of War darkness was reverted to its original state.
- Orderlies will now take breaks when Staff Needs is active.
- Fixed an issue where Inmates could turn insane for players that do not own the Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition expansion.
- Issue fixed where setting the intake to Num Per Day or Total Prisoners was not offering the player Criminally Insane prisoners.
- Issue fixed where Criminally Insane gauges were appearing under the prisoners when crossing a bridge.
- Issue fixed where excess text and functionality were displaying in the Room Grading feature.
- Issue fixed where changing the screen resolution via the Paradox Launcher wasn’t being reflected accurately in-game
- Issue fixed related to resolution when using multiple monitors.
- Issues fixed where the Psychiatrist Quick Room walls were not built correctly.
- Issue fixed in Planning mode, where pathways and outdoor objects were not being saved.
- Issue fixed where deleting a wall would leave a foundation in Planning Mode.
- Issue fixed where Programs could not be run during Work/Lockup Regime periods.
- Issue fixed where ‘New’ Star icon was not being removed from menus.
- Issue fixed where the number of Gravestone objects was being limited to five.
- Issue fixed where Small ironing boards were not being used to iron clothes.
- Multiplayer: Issue fixed where the Client and Host could not see each other’s planning.
- Issue fixed where Staff were not using Oak benches and Oak Tables.
- Issue fixed where the Remote Door didn’t have dump or dismantle option.
- Issue fixed where the Visitor doors were opening the wrong way
- Issues fixed where a crash could occur when outdated mods were active, using older referenced sprites.
- Issue fixed when copying a room over itself, where workers will get stuck in a loop
- Improved the display of overlapping contraband icons in the ‘Intelligence’ context, when rooms are close together
- The mail system is now improved. This should prevent Mail from building up endlessly on older savegames.
- Watching a cutscene from the menu will no longer cause a freeze..
- Crash fix that could occur when loading Escape Mode.
- The walk speed tile for Grass Corner matches the speed of Grass flooring.
- Improved various new art assets that were presenting a thin white halo around them.
The Sneezer 1.01 (10 October 2019)
- Windows can now be added to both sides of a vertical wall.
- New Walls: Art Deco and Oriental.
- New Floors: Limestone, Grass n Stones, Sandstone, Lunar.
- New Objects: Sink, Handdryer, Wall signs, Spooky and Sakura trees, Cactus, Park Bench, Moose Head, and more...
- New Doors: Guards Gates and Secret Bookcase Door.
- New Signs: Signposts rooms such as Canteens and Showers.
- New Grass Corner, to create angled pathways.
- Multiple new dog types to choose from, before and during a game!
- Option to choose the wall type for quick rooms.
- Room (colored) overlays can now be turned off in Game Options.
- Extra ‘Most Used’ item menu filter added.
- Finally, BRIDGES are here! Lay them over roads, water and other land, for staff and prisoners to cross.
- Rebalanced daily payments for higher-risk inmates. Max Sec, Protective Custody, Death Row, and Criminally Insane pay more.
- Empty and occupied cells can be viewed in Logistics, via a new “Cell Status” button.
- Extra prisoner action added to Bios: “Escort to Infirmary”
- Search bar added to the Flooring menu.
- Transferred prisoners are offered in Intake.
- Unique Visitors Direction option added to Deployment.
- Foundations can now be built with more wall types.
- Fog of War can now be turned off mid-game, via the Map Settings menu.
- Clone tool overhauled!! You can now rotate and flip, walls and objects now shown, the clonable area can cover entire prisons! AND you can even clone between saves (BETA)! The construction speed has also been optimized.
- Overhauled Planning!! Build your plans, add doors and choose wall type. The construction speed has also been optimized.
- More new items, walls and floors.
- Improved Quick Rooms presentation, now showing where the walls will be built.
- New Desert and Lunar Plot options when creating a new game.
- Gravestones are supplied for every death in your prison.
Additional Improvements, Fixes & Features QoL and more of your requests!
- Taser legacy crash fixed (due to the taser line drawing code - taser trails would sometimes crash the game on certain player’s graphics drivers, if it didn't crash it seemed to shift some of the font drawing code to render in the wrong position/off screen for a frame. Both problems should now be fixed.
- Modders! Spritesheet files and UI.png are now unencrypted. Please avoid adding to these sheets with your own mods, as we WILL be adding more future content to them. There’s plenty of space reserved on the original tilesheet.
- Electric Cables and Water Pipes now point the right way when being constructed.
- Any inmates moved to new cells by you, will be reassigned.
- The outskirts of the map now allow flooring to be placed.
- Street Lamps no longer need direct power cables.
- “Events” can be toggle on/off in Map Settings.
- New inmates have a “Fresh Fish” tag.
- Deployment - "Staff Only" and "Shared" zones are more distinctly coloured.
- Separate icons for “Drugs” and “Medicine” contraband types.
- Snipers can now open Remote Doors.
- Guards open doors for separated dogs.
- Underground utilities can now be placed in the same space as pending above-ground objects.
- Cloning will include foundations.
- Office chair now fulfils the Reception room requirement.
- Now CCTV, Doors and Phone Taps can be connected in both ways.
- Addressed various issues when playing with multiple monitor setups.
- Bench artwork updated to show sitting direction.
- The presentation of areas in Logistics which show where jobs can be assigned is improved.
- Phone Tap, CCTV and Door Control stations show the no. of wired connections.
- Hedges no longer merge with adjacent walls, and blend better with grass floor.
- Execution Room requirements can be fulfilled with all new chair types.
- Bios no longer open immediately when double-clicking to follow an inmate.
- Improved Sprite visuals due to an alpha anomaly that was producing artefacts around some of the sprites.
- Fixed a legacy issue where Mail Satchels where not being delivered, causing large build ups of mail.
- Guard Response option assigned to the [G] hot key.
- Guard Taser Certification program tooltip fixed.
- The Mud floor is slower to walk over.
- Corrected a legacy issue relating to the Need gain for large maps. Needs would previously rise too quickly on Large Maps due to lower timewarpfactor.
- New icons added for Needs speech bubbles that were missing.
- Ability to turn off the double-click to move objects function, in Game Options.
- Even more staff and dog names added.
- Fixed issues with items stretching when rotated.
- Fixed a legacy issue with rotating tree saplings.
- Placing doors in Planning no longer removes the flooring below.
- Your last used filter setting is saved.
- Extra characters such as ä, ö, ü, ß now accepted by the search bar.
- Fixed a legacy issue where Notebook pages that were appearing during Escape mode/Cutscenes were inaccessible.
- Tons of other bug fixes.
The Slammer Hotfix 1.03 (10 October 2019)
• Fixed an issue that prevented Linux players from starting the launcher because of graphical settings.
• Installation failure messages should now provide more meaningful information than a single error code.
The Slammer Hotfix 1.02 (24 September 2019)
• Wall Lights and Street Lamps now auto-connect to power, like standard lights.
• New menu filters (e.g., A-Z) will now save the filter settings used, per menu.
• Need levels for Supermax prisoners will now show correctly in the Needs menu.
• Supermax prisoners will no longer steal a large number of keys.
• Snipers will no longer fire in fully automatic mode after firing warning shots in Escape Mode.
• Pavilions and Sniper towers now provide Warmth.
• Guards posted to Pavilions now go to staff room/staff canteen when on their break.
• When patrolling the Pavilions, Guard speed is now slightly faster than Patrolling Guards.
• Fixed an issue that caused guards getting stuck when unassigned from a Guard Pavilion.
• Armed Guards will no longer leave their pavillions when loading a save file.
• Pavillions are now displaying properly for both the Host and the Client in Multiplayer.
• Guards will not attempt to enter an already assigned Pavilion.
• Dead guards in a Pavilion will no longer patrol.
• Guards stationed on Pavilion can no longer be reached, damaged or killed by inmates on the ground. Additionally, if the guard goes after the attacking prisoner, they exit the Pavilion and return when the attacker is subdued
• Fixed an issue where inmates had stopped taking books from the Library, preventing them from fulfilling their Literacy need.
• Requiring unsupported libraries will no longer crash the game on Linux.
• Fixed an issue that caused parts of the player's plans to disappear when the foundations were being built.
• Windowed Borderless option is now corrected to same output as Monitor full-screen resolution.
• Fixed an issue that caused guards getting stuck when going on a break to a staff room or a staff canteen.
• Fixed an issue that caused some items to stretch when moved.
• Road Barriers can no longer be rotated vertically.
The Slammer Hotfix 1.01 (18 September 2019)
• ESC & C keys will now close Graphs & Grading window
• Made graphical changes to the Guard Pavilion, so NPCs can't clip through parts of it
• Guards now look in the direction they're walking while in the Guard Pavilion
• Fixed an issue that could cause EOL Errors, when using certain mods
• Fixed a Protective Custody issue affecting the Snitch Sorter mod
The Slammer Update (17 September 2019)
• Keyboard hot-keys added for cycling through options in in-game item menus ([Z] and [X]), and for closing menus ([C]).
• Rotations for more of the existing objects and furniture that didn't have them (Workshop Saw, Press, Roadgate, Ironing Board, Altar, Bench).
• New Moving/Relocating Objects feature. Just double-click an object, re-position, and a Worker will do the rest.
• Staff and Dog names added.
• New Bureaucracy researched option. When starting a new game, you can begin with everything researched.
• Additional x10 game speed button.
• Filters and sort-by options added to the Objects menu.
• Metal detector searches now search both the inmate and the box they’re carrying.
• New context-sensitive quick “Add Doors” function, to any wall. Just double-click on a solid wall.
• Prison cleanliness mutator option "Reduce Dirt Build Up".
• Security Camera artwork now indicate the direction they're pointing.
• New Walls & Doors: Yutani Wall (Sci Fi), Visitor's Door, Secure Door (with a flap to deliver food trays to prisoners inside a cell), coloured Fence Gates.
• New Floors: Mud, Grate, and Solaco (Sci Fi - goes great with the Yutani Wall).
• New Objects: Table (Small) Bench (Small), Bleachers, Bush, Trees (Snowy Conifer, Palm), Lights (Flood Light, Street Light, Wall Light), Shower Pillar, Ironing Board (Small), Office Chair, Door Mat.
• New quick menu links from the top HUD bar. Clicking on 'Danger', 'Days', 'Balance', Guards, etc. all launch various UIs.
• Deployment Overhaul:
o Deployment context presentation and visuals improved. Now you can see your prison!
o You can now assign Armed Guards and Dog Handlers to patrols and zones.
o You can now have 2 different intersecting patrol routes.
o Patrol routes and zones can now be prioritized, to ensure your most important areas are manned first."
• Clone tool region increased in size.
• Added code that will allow modders to specify menu sprites for any of their objects, enabling modders to attach any image to an object.
• The Mutators (menu) can now be accessed and adjusted mid-game. This is handy for players who wish to turn off/on Mutators in other player's prisons.
• Added Hedge rounded end pieces, and improved all hedges to look better with shadows and when doors are built on them.
• Ability to search for Objects via a specific room, in the Objects menu text box. E.g. type "Yard" to filter and show all Yard objects.
• "New!" yellow star icons now display for any newly added features.
• Prisoners & Staff can now be seen by CCTV cameras in Warden Mode.
• Logistics context presentation and visuals improved. Now you can see your prison.
• Fixed an issue where the Water Boiler was not connecting to water pipes (due it being damaged or moved).
• If you fire staff while the game is paused, only the first staff member that was clicked on will now be fired.
• Guards/Snipers in Guard Towers are now protected from the weather/rain (as if they were indoors).
• At shower time prisoners will now correctly prioritize communal shower rooms, before cuing to use another prisoner’s cell shower.
• The tooltip instruction for the Room Clearing functioning has been added to the Rooms Tooltip.
• When building Quick Rooms, Cell doors are now kept open until the room is completed, to allow workers to enter and finish the room.
• Doors are moved from the Objects menu and into the "Walls & Doors" menu.
• Fix: Moving electrical utility items will now spawn new wires.
• Fix: The correct Warden sprite shows in the staff reports screen.
• Fix: Certain advanced items are now counted in a Grant's requirements (e.g. Visitor booths instead of Tables).
• New furniture such as new chairs, short benches, short tables will fulfill room requirements.
• New Jungle plot and Snowbound plot options added, to start a new prison on.
• Snipers now carry Jail Keys, enabling them to get around the prison and into the Armory easier.
• The Bookshelf now caters to the prisoner's "Literacy" Need a bit. A green zone displays its area-of-effect.
• Guards operating certain stations will not participate (leave their station) in prison searches or Shakedowns.
• Guards will now open doors for separated dogs. If for example the dog's handler is killed.
• New Guard Pavillion towers are unlocked for players who sign up for a Paradox account.
• Added support for PDX Launcher on startup
• Added a Borderless Fullscreen Mode option, which is also changeable via the PDX Launcher.
• The Main Menu now included a page system for our dev updates. Allowing us to keep previous/older updates, and tell you all about the latest additions and improvements.
• Added a Screen Display option for players with multiple monitors, which is also hooked into the PDX Launcher.
• New screenshot mode available as a game option, in the Options Menu. Toggle On/Off by holding [H] and pressing [Enter].
• Fixed an issue where sprinklers were showing healing animation when triggered.
The Clink Hotfix 1.02 (03 July 2019)
We put out another hotfix so your prisoners no longer are making telephone calls from containers of bleach! Also, they are sitting properly at tables!
The Clink Hotfix 1.01 (28 June 2019)
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a lot of crashes on startup for some people
- Fixed an issue that bloated the visual size of water boilers
The Clink Update (27 June 2019)
- 4 new floor tiles and 4 new wall types added
- Increased the number of foremen that can be hired for larger prisons where foremen also teach programs.
- Looking to provide existing objects in the game with their full set of rotations by creating and adding new sprites for missing orientations.
- Added “Guard Response” button that allows players to immediately send existing nearby guards to a location, instead of needing to hire additional guards to deal with incidents.
- New “Tunnel Search” button that allows the player to have guards search all toilets only, for hidden escape tunnels.
- Additional Quick Rooms added to the Quick Build menu, for quicker and easier room construction.
- Following prisoners and staff has been made easier, you can now double-click on them.
Patch multiplayer-4f (20 December 2018)
- After several months of testing and improving, we have released multiplayer to everyone - no need to opt in to the beta. Everything you can do in a single player sandbox game can now be done in Multiplayer. We've worked hard to reduce the bandwidth requirements and to increase the reliability - please let us know if you keep having problems!
- Worth mentioning that these game modes are not supported in multiplayer yet: Escape Mode, Warded Mode, and any prisons that require Mods.
- Thanks to everyone who supported us over the years - have a great xmas, and we will see you all in the new year!
Update (15 November 2018)
- Updated the multiplayer alpha to version 3a
Update (02 October 2018)
- Updated the multiplayer alpha to the latest version on Windows and macOS
- Added the Linux version of the multiplayer alpha
Update 16 Multiplayer Alpha (07 September 2018)
- Please note that this update can be accessed by switching to the "multiplayer alpha" branch in your Galaxy client
- Added a multiplayer mode to Prison Architect, build a prison cooperatively with up to 8 people!
- While in a regular sandbox game of Prison Architect you can select to Go Online and host a multiplayer game that people can join.
- This game can be publicly listed or set to private and protected with a password.
- When players have joined you can see them as a marker in the world and can see what material or object they have currently selected and are about to build.
- This is our first alpha release of multiplayer mode, with a focus on getting the core functionality working. This means that some features are not currently available to connected clients and we plan on adding them over time as we continue working on multiplayer.
- Currently disabled on clients but will be coming in the near future:
- Wire connections
- Emergency callouts (can be controlled but can't be called in)
- Prison Grading
- Added Custom Report Window which can be used by scripted objects to display a mod defined report screen when you click on the object, similar
- to the Prisoner's rapsheet. Simply set HasCustomReport to true on the scripted object, and then call SetReportTabs to add tabs to the report.
- In the script's PopulateReport function, use the add and remove report component functions to display components for the given tab index.
- Components can be modified later using the SetComponentProperties function.
Update 15b (07 August 2018)
- Certain types of prisoners are now able to hijack trucks on the road. If they are crossing the road and see a truck left idle, they will attempt to get in and drive it off (beating up the poor driver if he happens to be inside at the time). Regular old road gates won't stop a speeding truck.
- Stolen trucks can be stopped either using the new Road Barrier object (a sturdy metal gate that only closes during Lockdown), or by having armed guards nearby to stop any stolen vehicles.
Rope escapes (continued).
- You can now build barbed wire on the top of any external walls. Escaping prisoners will try and avoid barbed wire if they can, but will still climb over it if they really want to escape. It's sharp and painful though, and will harm prisoners who try and climb it. Find it in the objects build list.
- Prisoners will now climb on fully grown trees to jump over an adjacent wall. They can use this to avoid barbed wire, but can be knocked down off of the tree by a nearby guard as with all other climbing.
- 0011627: [Gameplay] Insane temperatures after fire (Icepick)
- 0011586: [Gameplay] Dog Handler does not stop employees when they carry contraband (Icepick)
- 0011610: [Performance] Game crashes when receiving minimum and medium security prisoners (Icepick)
- 0011642: [AI & Behaviour] ZE ROLL CALL!!11!! and dormitories have issues (Icepick)
- 0011624: [Mod System] Crash in DataRegistry::LuaFindDataRegistry, DataRegistry::LuaSetter (John)
- Timelapse video recording refactored, crash on shutdown fixed.
- Script Debugger crash fix.
- Objects with BuiltOnWalls property (e.g. Windows, Barbed Wire) no longer cast shadows.
Update 14k (02 July 2018)
Wall climbing escape attempts
- A new contraband item has been added to the game, an improvised rope made from prisoner uniforms. Prisoners working in the laundry will
sometimes steal 5 uniforms in an attempt to make a rope. As with all contraband items, it can be stashed or traded. Prisoners attempting to escape that have a rope will go grab it and then head to the nearest outside wall. When there, they will throw the rope onto the wall allowing them to pass over it.
- More importantly, other prisoners will also use the rope in their escapes attempts. You will have to tell a Workman to dump the rope to remove it from the wall.
- Strong prisoners can now escape by climbing over fences.
- You can now request a 'Roll Call' at night.
- This wakes up all prisoners and forces them to stand in their cell doorway.
- Obviously prisoners just looove being forced to do this at 3am in the morning.
- Any prisoners who happen to be tunnelling at the time of the roll call will show up late, giving away their plans.
- Guards will notice this if nearby, but the vigilant player should keep his own eye out.
Graphs and stat tracking
- You can now view graphs plotting various pieces of data over the life time of your prison
- You can compare changes over time by displaying two stats on the same graph
- Mod Support (continued)
- Better Entity modding
- Modded entities can now have DefaultBehaviour and/or StaffNeed properties.
- DefaultBehaviour gives modded entities basic behaviour that all entities in the game have. They can accept jobs from
the jobs.txt file, hang out in a certain type of room (if this is set with the HangOutRoom option), go get healed from
a doctor if injured, and go to a staff room when tired.
- StaffNeeds gives any modded Staff entity (Properties Staff) the same needs system as regular staff, on any map that
guards and workmen get.
- Modded Staff entities now appear in the Staff reports window under "Other", if any modded staff types exist.
- Fixed: Adding an interface element would add it to the currently selected object's window, rather than just the scripted object's window.
- Fixed: If a scripted object made more than one custom job (via CreateJob) then we would fail to stop duplicates of that job.
- Fixed: Jobs are removed from an object when it is destroyed (Mantis #11595).
- Added: Modded jobs will now additively load in worker types. The first loaded job (based on mod order) will still define all properties
of the job (JobTime, Tool, Material, etc.), but subsequently loaded jobs with the same name will add in their worker types.
- Added: CancelJob function for scripted objects. Used to cancel a custom job created on an object (Mantis #11596).
- 0011602: [Control & User Interface] missing tooltip for needs_help_StaffWarmth (John)
- 0011546: [Mod System] Funky stuff with entity.DeathType (elDiablo)
- 0007558: [Mod System] GetProperty() on needs doesn't work (elDiablo)
- 0011595: [Mod System] Created jobs on objects still exist when object gets deleted (elDiablo)
- 0011596: [Mod System] Please implement Object.CancelJob() to be able to cancel jobs created with Object.CreateJob() (elDiablo)
- 0011593: [Gameplay] Cannot schedule programs with requirements fulfilled (lim_ak)
- 0011555: [Mod System] CTD on save button with these mods combined (John)
- 0011446: [Save & Load] Crash on save with std::bad_alloc exception (lim_ak)
- 0011589: [Gameplay] When I have a gun in Warden Mode and try to shoot a prisoner who is attacking me, the gun only works at point-blank range. (lim_ak)
- 0011585: [Save & Load] Crash on save with 64bit Steam version (13j) (John)
- 0011584: [Save & Load] 64Bit Steam version will crash upon start when trying to load a prison for the Attract screen (John)
- 0011591: [Mod System] When a script adds custom buttons to an object, those buttons will appear on any object which is currently selected (elDiablo)
- 0011553: [Control & User Interface] Cannot buy land expansions in warden mode due to it being out of reach (lim_ak)
- 0011551: [AI & Behaviour] Spots that are "Too Dangerous" remain forever, blocking all jobs from completing in that area. (lim_ak)
- 0011563: [Control & User Interface] Hovering over death notification causes the camera to judder in Warden Mode (lim_ak)
- 0011570: [Control & User Interface] If sniper is interrupted during aiming, the laser is stuck on sniper/target (John)
- 0011556: [AI & Behaviour] When dog is tired, his guard is still saying "Patrolling" (lim_ak)
- 0011578: [Gameplay] Prisoners don't work in the Kitchen with specific Regime Settings (John)
- 0010971: [Control & User Interface] Zoom to mouse using keyboard (lim_ak)
- 0011569: [Control & User Interface] pickpocket rep does not have tooltip/description (lim_ak)
- 0010948: [AI & Behaviour] Death Row Inmates don't turn up on the intake bus when they are scheduled (lim_ak)
- 0011300: [Mod System] Default spritebank has incorrect marker coordinates that interfer with mods. (lim_ak)
- 0011583: [Gameplay] Unable to end punishments (lim_ak)
- 0011518: [Control & User Interface] Provide option in preferences.txt to prevent the new intro screen (John)
- 0011574: [AI & Behaviour] On high-dpi screens, execution report spills outside dialog (John)
- 0011564: [Mod System] Custom sound files in mods will cause CTD (John)
- 0011526: [Control & User Interface] Samuel Norton achievement from just watching the intro screen. (lim_ak)
- 0011534: [Save & Load] Game crashes when loading a save that moved from an upper save being deleted (lim_ak)
Update 13f (20 December 2017)
- You can now play as the warden inside the prison you are building! Enable this from a new option in the New Prison screen. Most of the user interface is the same, but you can also walk around using the WASD keys (and shift to sprint) You can press TAB to toggle to Action mode. From here you can control the equipment you are carrying, and recruit body guards. Try not to get attacked by your unruly prisoners! But if you do, you will be taken care of by your medical staff.
- Fog of war: You cannot see around corners, so be careful. The one exception is that you CAN see through any CCTV cameras you have installed.
- You can pick up objects commonly found in each room to protect yourself. Think a knife from the kitchen or a taser from the armoury.
- You can collect body armour from the armoury for some extra protection.
- You cannot simply attack prisoners without provocation. But if you are attacked you are free to defend yourself.
- Recruit guards to your personal protection squad by right clicking on them from the Action interface (tab)
- These guards will follow you around and protect you from any unruly prisoners.
- Bodyguards don't come cheap. They will add a significant cost to your daily upkeep.
- Play in Permadeath mode and you will have to rely on the security and medical infrastructure of your prison even more.
- If you die in Permadeath mode that's it, Game Over.
- New tools are available in the Deployment menu to provide floor signage for Prisoners and everyone else
- Floor Signage provides a way for you to give hints to people as to which way they should travel around your prison. People tend to follow the directions unless a much easier/shorter route is available.
- Misbehaving prisoners, doctors on the way to heal someone, and all type of Emergency callout units ignore the floor signage. Everyone will also ignore the directions if there is a riot occuring.
- To paint lines, simply select one of the new tools, and left-click and drag in the direction you want people to go. Right-click and drag to remove paint.
New Attract screen
- The game now opens with a new attract screen, slowly panning around your recent saved prisons (or the bundled prisons if you have no saves). Press any key or click the mouse to bring up the Main Menu. This should be a better first screen than simply being dumped on a new empty plot of land.
Script Debugger Window
- Added: When highlighting a scripted object in the script drop down menu, the camera will now move to that object to help see which script will be selected.
- Fixed: Script names were hard to make sense of. Names in the drop down menu are now a lot shorter and easier to discern.
- Fixed: The window wouldn't correctly open to the selected scripted object, or to a scripted object that threw an error.
- Allowed more object variables to be used by scripts.
- Removed the cap of 20 prisoners working in a single large room at a time. The new cap is 100.
- Prisoners have received a boost to their academic skill rating based on their security category. This means it is slightly easier to have prisoners pass the education programs.
- The Foundation Education and General Education reform programs have had the number of sessions halved from 10 and 20 to 5 and 10 respectively.
- The Library now requires a certain academic skill rating rather than specifically requiring the Foundation Education program. This makes the Library usable sooner.
- Added a new need, Luxuries, which is satisfied by goods sold in the shop. Prisoners who have satisfied this need are less likely to cause trouble.
- You now gain a commision from goods sold in your shop. At the end of each day, you'll receive a bonus payment based on how many goods were sold in your shop.
- Prisoners who go too long without being assigned to a cell will now have a marker pointing to them for easy identification.
- You can now end all punishments on a prisoner from their rapsheet, not just permanent ones.
- Fixed an issue causing Workmen to regularly move shop goods back and forth between the Shop and Storage.
- Fixed: Dogs of fired handlers would occassionally maul some unsuspecting prisoner to death for no reason. Bad dog!
- Fixed: Number of staff resting with staff needs enabled is now updated correctly
- Fixed: Some objective markers for non-English languages appearing in English, they will now be translated correctly
- Fixed: Sectorisation of mixed regular and family cell blocks will no longer split the regular cells into separate sectors.
- 011500: [Other] No French label for "missing access to canteen" (John)
- 011498: [Other] French translation error in the first campaign (John)
- 007501: [AI & Behaviour] Addictions cannot be removed. (PROVED) (Icepick)
- 011494: [AI & Behaviour] Work/Lockdup and Work/Free time FREEDOM problem (Icepick)
- 011486: [AI & Behaviour] Staff Not Addressing "Rest" Need on Breaks (Icepick)
- 011482: [AI & Behaviour] Staff Need Bug (Icepick)
- 011324: [Gameplay] Staff Canteen Does Not Have Trays and Staff Cannot Eat (Icepick)
- 011151: [Control & User Interface] The new script debugger is not quite useful (elDiablo)
- 010989: [Gameplay] Guard Dogs Kill When Fired (Icepick)
- 010469: [Mod System] Command Bar only allows one command before breaking. (elDiablo)
- 011480: [Mod System] entity.DeathType, .MurderWeapon and .MurdererType not accessible (elDiablo)
- 008737: [Control & User Interface] Unable to end temporary punishments (Icepick)
- 011509: [Gameplay] Mothers tunneling out of their prison (Icepick)
- 011508: [Gameplay] Prisoners sometimes route outside without misbehaving the prison letting them escape (Icepick)
- 011505: [Control & User Interface] Number of resting staff members is not adequatly updated (lim_ak)
- 011499: [Other] No French label for "Capacitor" (lim_ak)
- 011474: [Graphics] Sprite misalignment in 64 bit version (lim_ak)
Update 12b (05 July 2017)
- Fixes bug where prisoners were assigned to eat in staff rooms
Update 12a (22 June 2017)
Staff Needs (continued)
- New staff break behaviour
- Staff will now take a break when they feel they need to, providing there are enough guards idling
- No more than 10% of your staff will take a break at any time
- Staff will stay on their break until their needs are taken care of, but will give up eventually if nothing is available
Fixes to staff needs provisions:
- Staff Rooms and Staff Canteens are now assigned a nearby kitchen in the Food Logistics view, just like any normal Canteen.
- Chefs from that chosen kitchen will handle stacking and cleaning food trays.
- The assigned kitchen can be overridden manually as normal.
- More food trays and staff meals will be ordered automatically when you have staff needs enabled
- Stopped chefs from stacking dirty food trays with stacks that were miles away in a different canteen
- Fixed tons of issues with staff not using providers when on their breaks
- Fixed serious issues with food trays not been cleaned and replaced when in staff canteens
- The staff tooltip widget in the top bar now shows ALL guard types, including dog handlers, snipers and armed guards
- Affected by happy staff versus unhappy staff,
- Affected by long term staff deaths
- Affected by currently injured
- Affected by salary
- Upkeep now specified in materials.txt
- Pay rises possible from Policy screen
- Staff will go on strike if morale falls to 0%, and demand a large pay rise to return to work
- Chefs/Gardeners/Janitors now have needs
- You can now issue the command 'search for tunnels' from any cell toilet.
- This will search all toilets in the block for escape tunnels.
3d mode improved
The following will be suspended during riots, or during staff strikes:
- Delivery of daily supplies
- Garbage collection
- Exports collection
- Prisoner intake
- Collection of dead bodies
- New weather icon in top toolbar
- 'Overcast' visual effect now only applies to outdoors (which will look greyed out)
- 'Heatwave' visual effect only applies to outdoors (which will look very bright)
- Rebalanced all weather probabilities, making 'clear skies' more common, rain/overcast/snow less common
- Weather now has a chance to change every 12 hours (previously 24 hours)
- Fixed : Riot Guards refused to fight when in prisoner controlled sectors
- Fixed : Emergency staff sometimes "fell" out of their vehicle long before it arrived at the Deliveries zone
- Fixed : All new prisoners are not assigned parole times properly. This remains the case until save/reload.
- Fixed : Added pages to CI menu to prevent it running off the screen
MORE BUG FIXES
- 0011379: [Save & Load] Prisoner Needs Table in savegame are stored twice (lim_ak)
- 0011173: [Control & User Interface] Japanese Text not wrapping (lim_ak)
- 0011346: [AI & Behaviour] Staff Canteen starved of trays (Chris)
- 0011393: [AI & Behaviour] Riot police got stuck in riot zone (Chris)
- 0011402: [AI & Behaviour] Staff not eating meals, staff canteens not used (Chris)
- 0011369: [AI & Behaviour] Security won't eat (Chris)
- 0010925: [AI & Behaviour] Riot guards refuse to move (Chris)
- 0011371: [AI & Behaviour] Armed Guards don't move (Chris)
- 0011394: [AI & Behaviour] Staff Meals improperly distributed (Chris)
- 0011364: [AI & Behaviour] Riot guards instantly leave Riot van when they arrive (Chris)
Update 11F (17th January 2017)
- Guards whose needs are not being met were beating up the prisoners. This can still happen, but it should happen much more rarely now.
- Extras | Map Settings dialog will now allow Staff Needs to be enabled if you already have enabled everything else.
Update 11 (21 December 2016)
Prison Architect Update 11 has been released! Merry Christmas everyone.
Your security staff now have needs, in much the same way as prisoners. This is optional, and can be enabled when creating a new prison, or enabled from Extras -> Map Settings.
You must take care of your staff needs, or else your staff will begin to perform their duties badly.
The staff members affected in this update are:
- Armed Guards
- Dog Handlers
- These staff will have a semi random mixture of the following needs. Each need is similar to its prisoner counterpart, but also slightly different:
- Staff will only make use of toilets in staff designated zones or staff rooms
- Staff will eat in the Staff Room if you add a Serving Table. Or you can designate a canteen as "Staff Only" and they will eat there instead. Staff meals are more expensive than prisoner meals and are automatically delivered.
- Staff hate to feel they are in danger. You can help with this need by equipping your staff with Tazers, body armour etc, as well as ensuring strength in numbers.
- Staff get bored too. They can now make use of any entertainment so long as it exists within a staff room. Eg Pool tables, radios, TVs, etc.
- Put some sofas in the staff room for this.
- Same as prisoners, this is entirely based on the cleanliness of the surroundings.
- This replaces the "tiredness" mechanic. Be sure to give your staff enough down time.
If staff are happy, this contributes in a positive way towards the temperature of your prison. Likewise if they are unhappy, this will make the prison "hotter" and lead to more trouble later.
If you do not take care of your staff they will become "pissed off", and begin to perform their jobs badly:
- Sauntering around slowly when doing jobs
- Less effective at searching for contraband
- Less likely to actively look for trouble, more likely to turn a blind eye
- Unwilling to put themselves in danger eg confronting gang members
- In extreme cases, staff will take bribes in order to look the other way when searching for contraband
Staff break times
- You can now specify how much break time to grant your staff. Go to Reports -> Policy.
- You can choose how long each break is, and how many breaks per day are taken.
- Staff on break will immediately begin attending to their needs. Nb. Staff will always finish their current job before starting their break.
- Arcade Cabinets have had their sound turned down
- Larger clone size with Tools and Cheats enabled.
- Main menu: 'Terms and Conditions' moved to Options menu.
- Main menu: Added 'Other Introversion Games' link.
- Tooltip added to Analytics in Options menu.
- Fixed: Dog Handlers would be completely paralised if injured, and there was no Medical Ward
- Crash when loading with mods which define a custom room.
- Family Rooms no longer erroneously display the cell quality too high warning.
Update 2.0.1c (05 October 2016)
- Sectors may now be marked as 'Access Only' in the Deployment screen. Use this to
discourage staff and prisoners from using the marked areas as a short cut.
- Clicking on a prisoner now brings up the rapsheet directly. This behaviour can be changed in the Game Options menu.
- Dormitories now require Phonebooths instead of Radios to meet their Quality requirements.
- We are now collecting anonymised game statistics so that we can make further improvements to the game.
You can disable this collection by checking the Disable Analytics option in the Game Options menu.
- 0011223: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry steals washed clothing/baskets/uniforms from other Laundries (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011260: [AI & Behaviour] Common Rooms not being marked as gang potential territories (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010922: [AI & Behaviour] Dogs try to take a different path to their handler; infinite loop (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010919: [AI & Behaviour] When shop removed, good are not placed back to the storage instead just lay there. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011250: [Control & User Interface] Add a way to click on obstructed items/units when they are layered on top of each other (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011253: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners pick contraband through walls (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010951: [Gameplay] Need 2 radios in a 3 prisonners room to increase the room quality. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011210: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners consume prayer mats to change into new uniforms (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011246: [AI & Behaviour] [Escape mode] Guard dogs continue to attack player after the player has been knocked unconscious and skipped punishments (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0005762: [Graphics] Metal Detectors (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011178: [Other] Food Tray Payment (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010900: [Control & User Interface] Grants will sometimes disappear from the To Do List and won't check them as completed (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011237: [AI & Behaviour] Problems with the shop (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010936: [Other] 'Sentenced to...' is quite often incorrect. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010085: [Gameplay] Cannot proceed in campaign (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011234: [AI & Behaviour] No trucks bringing the food (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011221: [Graphics] Prisoners holding items have three hands while handcuffed (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011228: [AI & Behaviour] Adding new parole hearings causes mass spawning of parole officers/teachers/religion officials (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011197: [Control & User Interface] Changing amount of intake causes game to crash (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011222: [AI & Behaviour] Holding cells will not be cleaned unless the room is dezooned (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011182: [AI & Behaviour] Guard Patrol Assignments not removed when removing guard patrol path (Icepick) - resolved.
Update 2.0c (26 August 2016)
Developer Tools and Cheats
Developer tools and cheats, seen in some of the alpha videos, are now available to everyone.
A new option is shown when creating a new map, "Enable Cheats". This is prison specific and cannot be disabled later.
- All construction occurs immediately
- A new 'Spawn' toolbar button permits instant creation of any game object for zero cost
- Water can be placed like any other material
- Research in the bureaucracy screen can be sped up by holding down the right mouse button on the item
The Function keys now perform debug services:
- F1 Edit world properties (Very easy to crash/ruin the game)
- F2 Profiler
- F3 Script Debugger
- F4 Dialog Editor
- F5 Sound Editor
- F6 Sprite Bank Editor for Needs icons
- F7 Sprite Bank Editor for User Interface icons
- F8 Sprite Bank Editor for Game Sprites
- F9 Debug rendering options
- F11 Enlarge Map in All Directions
- Cheat prisons do not allow achievement unlocks
- Cheat prisons cannot be sold for profit.
Policy Window (continued)
- You can now set which misbehaviours warrant an increase or decrease in prisoner security.
For example, murder can be set to immediately make a prisoner Max-Sec.
- You can now disable the cell quality checks that determine which cells a prisoner can be assigned to.
When enabled, prisoners who misbehave will not be assigned to a nice cell, even if that nice cell is the only one available.
When disabled, prisoners will always be assigned to free cells if that is all that is available.
Modding System (continued)
- Added World.NumPrisoners and World.Capacity. These return tables containing the current number of prisoners
and the total number of cells in each security rating respectively.
- Added ability to use markers in object tooltip strings (via objectTable.Tooltip). See lua_function_list.txt
- Jobs to construct walls are now visible while designating rooms.
- Fix for reliability of + button in Build Toolbar
- Delivery Truck drivers no longer counted in Staff Reports
- Utilities Room in Quick Build no longer uses the default sprite
- Objects that can't be rotated are no longer rotated if part of a Quick Build
- Staff inside gang controlled areas can now be sacked
- 0010930: [AI & Behaviour] Death row prisoners show up as max security (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011077: [Other] Name in Game Tier issue (John) - resolved.
- 0011091: [Control & User Interface] Clicking where the taskbar is located shows the taskbar in windows 10 anniversary update (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0011119: [Gameplay] The issue with taking Death row prisoners. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010968: [Performance] Random crash.Especially during the riot or taser fighting (John) - resolved.
- 0011017: [Control & User Interface] [v2preview] crash when viewing "stolen from" (John) - resolved.
- 0010921: [AI & Behaviour] Freetime broken (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011032: [Control & User Interface] wrong Japanese translation (John) - resolved.
- 0011052: [Gameplay] Quickbuild "luxury cell" and common room not updated for v2.0 tv behavior. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010191: [AI & Behaviour] Dead armed guards will not stop moving when put in Hearse. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011060: [Control & User Interface] Ability to disable the automatic prisoner security change. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007196: [Control & User Interface] Inmate Nutrition Research Grammar (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011170: [AI & Behaviour] Several security-restricted reception rooms do not work (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011168: [AI & Behaviour] Visitation does not satisfy family need. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010829: [Gameplay] Extension to automatic Security Risk re-assignment (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0003491: [Control & User Interface] I need more intake in order to keep the Prison profitable (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011129: [Platform Specific Issues] Windows 10 Taskbar vs PA Toolbar (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0009331: [Gameplay] Execution Lockdown fails to complete (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011135: [Gameplay] Freedom need not satisfied by yard (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011150: [AI & Behaviour] Confidential Informants Get Stuck In Security Room (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011106: [Control & User Interface] Micromanagement bug - no teacher exists while he does. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011145: [Control & User Interface] Screen focus shifts while in Informants view mode (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011158: [Control & User Interface] Cannot switch from Dump to Dismantle in Context Menu (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011160: [Gameplay] National guard should cancel lockdown before entering the prison (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011105: [AI & Behaviour] Cell doors are open during Work/Lockup regime (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011120: [Mod System] [Bug] Using "Interface.RemoveComponent()" extends the menu window height instead of shortening (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0011068: [Control & User Interface] Nasty new problems with Interface Buttons on objects (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0011097: [Mod System] Make the amount of prisoners per Security Level and the amount available/total cells per Security level accessible for mods (elDiablo) - resolved.
- 0010996: [AI & Behaviour] (Version 2 preview) Prisoners in solitary aren't using toilets/showers even though their needs are high (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011104: [Gameplay] Prisoners sniffed by dog and searched once deposited in solitary never start serving their punishment (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011136: [AI & Behaviour] Food tray redistribution (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011124: [Gameplay] The new suprise minsec legendary gangleader event didn't actually make the prisoner a gang leader (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011133: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners get stuck when sent to solitary (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011132: [Gameplay] Object duplication with high-priority jobs (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011014: [Save & Load] SectorSystem check keeps reverting changes (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011131: [Gameplay] Snipers bug. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011046: [Control & User Interface] Confidential informants screen misplaced (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010521: [AI & Behaviour] Families wont visit causing lots of fights (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011126: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners fail to satisfy "Literacy" need despite having library books (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011087: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners taken to medical beds are not healed or returned to cells (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0010998: [Control & User Interface] "Total Prisoners" intake always selects maximum number of inmates regardless of number set (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0011071: [AI & Behaviour] Stacking babies in a single stack (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011075: [Gameplay] Mother visited by her 0yr. old child (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011092: [Gameplay] Certain events should not occour before the player has unlocked what (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011030: [Control & User Interface] v2 Reg Doors cannot be locked open (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011081: [AI & Behaviour] Snipers target same prisoner (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011058: [Gameplay] Mayor does not require large TV removal (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011079: [Gameplay] Cell Grading for Dormitories bugged with more than 1 Occupants. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011067: [Gameplay] Random items appearing on todo list. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0011003: [Gameplay] Agitating radio broadcasts wont stop (Icepick) - resolved.
Update 7b (27th May 2016)
- The entire Temperature / Weather / Seasons / Hot water system is now optional on starting a new prison.
0010826: [Other] Logic still broken since after Alpha 25b (Icepick) - resolved.
0010847: [AI & Behaviour] Tree delivery trucks carry one pallet per truck instead of eight, causing traffic jam and food shortage (Icepick) - resolved.
0010808: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners flock to shop with chocolate in stock (John) - resolved.
0010719: [Gameplay] Fill to Capacity - prisoner buses keep on coming even after prison is overflowing. (Icepick) - resolved.
0010816: [AI & Behaviour] cells not included in a cell block aren't provided uniforms (Icepick) - resolved.
0010817: [Gameplay] Room Quality Calculated Wrong (Icepick) - resolved.
0009415: [AI & Behaviour] Random deliveries to the shop cause shortage of popular item types, eventually freezing the shop altogether (John) - resolved.
0010815: [Gameplay] Jobs with program education required are never assigned (Icepick) - resolved.
0010792: [AI & Behaviour] When snipers stop a large group of tunnel escapees, guards do not process all escapees (Icepick) - resolved.
0010834: [Control & User Interface] Showers that are hooked up with hot water pipes do not show the need for normal water pipes. (Icepick) - resolved.
0005216: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners wont sleep befor 10 pm (John) - resolved.
0010507: [AI & Behaviour] Mailroom does not work (Icepick) - resolved.
0010827: [AI & Behaviour] New Death Row Prisoners wont go to death row cell, just as protective custody prisoners. (Icepick) - resolved.
0008893: [AI & Behaviour] Guards, especially armed guards, can get stuck on walls near incidents (Icepick) - resolved.
0010802: [Graphics] Snow obscures zoning (Icepick) - resolved.
0009583: [Gameplay] Can't add any object in a cell where a gang member lives, incl. pipes&wires (Icepick) - resolved.
0010806: [Graphics] Snow Indoors (Icepick) - resolved.
0005061: [AI & Behaviour] Utilities cannot be built below crossing walls (Icepick) - resolved.
0007963: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors not healing prisoners with laundry baskets (Icepick) - resolved.
0009803: [Save & Load] "Autosave Timer" does not get saved (Icepick) - resolved.
Update 6c (02nd May 2016)
- We have released a hotfix that disables death by exposure altogether. This was happening far more frequently and quickly than we intended, in some cases leading to mass deaths in a prison during winter.
In addition, seasons and seasonal variation in temperature is now disabled unless you have "Weather" enabled for your prison.
We are aware of some bugs remaining in the temperature system, which we will address. However we felt the exposure death bug required an immediate fix.
Update 6b (29th April 2016)
Seasons and Weather
- The game will now move through the seasons, with the outdoor temperature varying based on the time of year.
- Various weather patterns can occur during the game, varying based on the current season.
- Torrential rain (Special event, rare)
- Snow and frost
- Heatwave (special event, rare)
- Prisoners needs will be affected by the weather when they are outdoors. Getting rained on will spike their comfort, clothing and warmth needs.
- Prisoners left outside in extremely cold conditions (for example in an outdoor solitary confinement cage) can now die of exposure.
- Weather is DISABLED by default in all prisons, and can be enabled when creating a new map. Alternatively, use the new "Map Settings" screen in the Extras menu.
You can now adjust the settings of your prison from a new screen called "Map Settings", found in the Extras menu.
This screen lets you enable certain options that may not have been enabled (or even available) when you first created the map.
Nb. You can enable these options, but you cannot disable them once enabled.
- Enable Gangs
- Enable Events
- Enable Weather
- You can now mark any job as a high priority. Simple hold control and either left click or left drag a selection to mark jobs. Available workers (who aren't already on a high priority job) will stop what they are doing and be assigned to the high priority job.
- If no workers are available, high priority jobs will take precedence when the workers become available. A small icon in the lower right of a visible job shows if it is marked as a high priority job.
- You can remove the high priority marking on jobs by holding control and either right clicking or dragging a selection.
- Hovering over an in progress job will now highlight the entity working on it, showing a red line leading to the worker responsible for the job.
- Pressing F while highlighting an in progress job will cause the camera to follow the working entity and keep the highlight active.
Performance Work (continued)
Further performance gains were made this month through several different approaches to optimisation.
- More systems moved to overlap with Render().
- Optimisations to the visible object list builder.
- Singly linked lists mostly replaced with arrays (FastList).
- Avoid copying of containers where possible.
- NeedSystem optimised.
Temperature and lightmap system corruption bug fixed.
- 0010618: [Gameplay] Temperature next to fire is in the negatives
- 0010625: [Gameplay] Temperature drops instantly even in areas that should be producing heat
Update 5c (11th April 2016)
"Having read the feedback, we think that we made the hot water pipes too fiddly for many players by requiring every shower head to be wired up to warm water to avert a riot of frigid prisoners.
We've now changed the system so that a hot shower is an optional luxury and gives a benefit to prisoners' well-being if you feel generous enough to provide it."
- If a shower head is connected to hot water, this will benefit prisoner's warmth and comfort needs. Cold showers no longer cause frigid effect.
- Hot water range increased.
- Hot water makes sinks work faster.
Update 5b (24th March 2016)
We focused on performance this month, and achieved a speed boost of at least 50%.
This work is ongoing.
- Now defaulting to the VS2015 build, with the old VS2008 build still available for Safe mode (Prison Architect Safe Mode.exe). This gives a good speed improvement over the VS2008 version.
- Asynchronous job search system. Instead of synchronously looking for a job, workers, guards, prisoners, doctors now place a request for a new job in a queue. This queue is processed during render phase of the game loop so shouldn't take up any time during the main game loop.
- Speed up rendering of the Feed Prisoners Objective. This was particularly slow when their were a lot of hungry prisoners.
- Rebuild the indoor/outdoor shadow mask only when a cell changes its material or indoor/outdoor status.
- New pipe type in the utilities view: Hot water pipes
- These operate on a seperate layer to the existing pipes, and can be overlaid without conflict.
- New utility: Hot water boiler
Requires a large pipe connection of cold water, and a direct electrical connection
You can run hot water pipes from this boiler in any direction.
Nb. Water will lose heat the further it gets from the boiler.
- All radiators now require a hot water connection to function
- Showers can take cold water or hot water.
- When supplied with hot water, showers will also reduce a prisoner's Warmth need
- When supplied only with cold water will apply a Frigid effect, which acts as a kind of short-term surpression while also spiking their Warmth and comfort needs.
3d mode has been discovered
- This update we have improved 3d mode with new shapes, new shaders operating on all objects, and better wall geometry.
3d mode remains very experimental.
- Known bug: The mouse position is wrong when using graphics/Supersampling.
- Known bug: Long pauses caused by geometry changing, eg wall construction/demolition
- Thermodynamic map to use 16 bit number type to represent the temperature instead of 8 bit. This fixes a bug with fire showing negative temperatures.
- 0010610: [Graphics] entire screen is black and white boxes
Update 4b (04th March 2016)
The game now models the ambient temperature of the world, and it's effect on your prisoners.
The outdoor temperature will vary during the day, and turn cold at night
The temperature of your indoor areas will be affected by this. Indoor areas near doors and windows will lose heat fast.
Certain existing objects generate lots of heat : Cookers (when in use), power stations, water pumps
- New toolbar button under Logistics : Temperature. Visualises the temperature of all areas of your prison
- Prisoners now have a Warmth need. This need increases when they are cold.
- They will protest if cold for too long, and eventually cause trouble.
- If prisoners are too hot for too long (for example working in a hot kitchen) they will develop a status effect "Overheating". This makes them more likely to cause trouble
- New item : Radiator. Build these around your prison to warm up the indoors when required.
Quick Build menu
- The old "Clone" toolbar item has been replaced with a new "Quick Build" menu, with more options.
- You can now pick from a set of template rooms, and stamp them dowm in your prison.
- All neccesary foundations will be built (if required), and the area will be cleared of walls and objects.
- Then your workmen will build all the walls and objects required.
- The room type will be automatically assigned.
- You can rotate a quick build room using R or middle mouse click.
Available quick build rooms:
- Basic Cell
- Solitary Cell
- Luxury Cell
- Shared Cell
Nb. Clone is now available in the Quick Build menu and no longer needs to be researched.
New prison sharing options
- A new option in the Extras menu 'Most Popular Prisons' lets you view the most popular Steam Workshop prisons
You can choose to view the most popular over the last week/month/year/all time
Play the prison instantly by clicking Play
- We are now bundling 10 of the best community made prisons with all versions of the game.
These are designed for times when you have no internet connection, or are not running the Steam build (so no workshop access)
- You can now attach a Phone Tap to the Secure vistation booths added in Update 3.
This will give you more intelligence on contraband, escapes etc.
Ukranian, Bulgarian, Traditional Chinese
- 0010454: [Gameplay] Escape mode: Revive prisoners
- 0010333: [Gameplay] Fill to capacity improvement
- 0010588: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners can work and get paid even when job room is invalid
- 0009100: [AI & Behaviour] Mail delivered to solitary cell after inmate has left
- 0010566: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners do not use weight-benches
- 0010500: [Performance] Snipers in Guard Towers cause major lag.
- 0010567: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors get stuck while attempting to heal
- 0010539: [Gameplay] Saved game, crashes at same spot
- 0010519: [AI & Behaviour] Wrong delivered mail.
Update 3d (05th February 2016)
- Fixed problem with cell assignment where some prisoners would not return to their cells if their cells were more of a higher quality than they strictly deserved.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in women's prisons.
- Fixed a problem where fire over a drain could not be put out.
- Fixed a rendering problem with late Mac OS X 2011 MacBook pro running Mac OS X 10.11.
Update 3a (28th January 2016)
Guard Towers + Snipers
You can now build guard towers around your prison for an extra level of security, intimidation, and force.
New entity type : Snipers
Hired from the staff menu.
These guys will equip themselves with a scoped sniper rifle from the armoury, if you have one.
They will then take turns manning the guard towers you have built.
Snipers will project 'Suppression' to all prisoners within their line of sight.
- Rules of engagement
- When snipers see trouble occuring, they will fire warning shots.
- If three warning shots are ignored, they will shoot to kill.
- If you have enabled "Freefire" they will always shoot to kill, without warning.
- They will also shoot to kill if they see an escaping prisoner already outside the prison secure zone.
Secure Visitation Booths
You can now build secure visitation booths in your visitation room if you choose, instead of the usual tables.
A secure visitation booth has a glass panel that seperates the inmate from the family member, and they use a phone to talk.
- No contraband can be imported through a totally secure visitation room
- However the inmates family needs will not be satisfied nearly as well
- NB. There must be a complete seperation of visitors and inmates for a room to be considered secure.
If you are a Name in the Game customer, you can now update your bio and create a female prisoner if you wish.
Go to http://www.prison-architect.com/register to do this.
Mod API updates
Scripted interface buttons now correctly pass click callbacks to the script that created them.
This allows scripts to add interactions to other objects in the game world.
- Dormitories of 40 or more squares will now get their own sector for the purposes of guard deployment and security zoning
- Fixed: 2x3 Dormitories with a bunkbed will now correctly accept 2 prisoners
- 0010359: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors not treating during Virus Outbreak Event
- 0010445: [AI & Behaviour] Overdosed prisoners put in solitary instead of infirmary
- 0010477: [Gameplay] Intake System brings in wrong amounts of certain levels of prisoners
- 0010333: [Gameplay] Fill to capacity improvement
- 0010438: [Control & User Interface] CI window shows two % signs rather than one
- 0010352: [AI & Behaviour] Nasty change in the priority of the job assignment
- 0010461: [Gameplay] Contraband scan cooldown causing problems
- 0010459: [Control & User Interface] Suspicion percentage is displayed twice
- 0006604: [Control & User Interface] Double billing of reform programs
- 0010437: [AI & Behaviour] Multiple mailrooms do not work
- 0010480: [Gameplay] Intake not calculated properly
- 0008937: [Control & User Interface] Carpentry Apprenticeship
- 0010452: [Gameplay] Dormitories and adjacent rooms counts as one room
- 0010322: [Gameplay] Prisoners not being taken to Dormitories
- 0010298: [Gameplay] 2x3 dorms dont get extra prisoner space
- 0010472: [AI & Behaviour] Opened mail thrown throughout Holding Cell
- 0010453: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry taken from Dormitorys
- 0006883: [Mod System] Allow mods to augment the selected object popup
- 0010367: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners get ReadBook status and freeze in place
- 0010417: [Control & User Interface] Policy screen in female prisons says "HIM"
- 0010471: [AI & Behaviour] Laundry Room uniforms in odd piles
- 0010095: [Performance] One specific prison that has updated across mutiple alphas is experiencing 1sec freezing every 10sec
- 0010468: [AI & Behaviour] Shower Drainage Behaviour Issues
- 0010370: [Performance] Extreme low FPS with many idle prisoners.
- 0010348: [Other] Open mails spawning from my inmates
Update 2b (22 December 2015)
- You can now choose the gender of your prisoners in the "New Prison" screen.
- Female prisoners have different needs and behave differently than male prisoners.
- Children: Some female prisoners are mothers of young babies (less than two years old) and are entitled to look after their baby during their stay in your prison. This requires some new facilities - often called "MBUs (Mother and Baby Units)"
- Family Cell: A new type of cell for mothers with babies only. Similar to a normal cell, but also requires a Cot and an integrated Shower. NB: these cells will never be assigned to female prisoners without babies.
- Nursery : A shared room for all mothers to live in, typically isolated from the rest of the prison. Mothers will spend much of their time in this room with their babies. Requires cots and play mats for the babies. Mothers will eat their meals in this room, so it also requires a serving table, benches etc. Your kitchens will be assigned to cook meals for the nurseries as if they were canteens.
Modding API (continued)
- Added world and world cell data variables to the scripting API. This includes getting the size of the world, time index, etc. Setting these variables, however, is currently unsupported.
- A new interface scripting API has been included as well. Mods can now add, remove, and change buttons in the BiographyWindow (shown when you select a non-prisoner object in the world), with callbacks to it's script.
- Modding in escape mode has also been improved by allowing player interaction on scripted objects. A callback to the script is given when the player is close to an object and interacts with it.
- General performance enhancements, especially to laundry system.
- Needs.txt not loaded in correct order when using mods
- 0010162: [Gameplay] Surrendering in escape mode causes insane amounts of rep points / surrendering doesn't work
- 0010309: [Control & User Interface] [Prison Architect] Crash when opening confidential informant window
Update-1a (17th November 2015)
- Fixes Crash bug associated with Dormitories
Update-1 (13th November 2015)
- New room type: Dormitory
- New furniture: Bunk Beds
A Dormitory can house any number of prisoners, based on the number of beds installed
Dormitories can be small eg 2x3, replacing the normal Cell, allowing for two or more inmates to share a cell together
Or Dormitories can be large, with shared showers, toilets, phones, tvs, recreational facilities etc.
Better facilities will result in a higher room grading, which will have a positive effect on your inmates
Prisoner Intake (continued)
There are now several different modes of Intake that can be set for your prison
Choose your mode from the Intake report
- CLOSED No inmates will be brought to your prison
- FILL CAPACITY Inmates will be brought into your prison when available, until your available capacity is full
- TOTAL PRISONERS You set the total number of prisoners desired, and the Intake system works to fill that number
- NUM PER DAY You choose the number of prisoners to bring in each day (The old method)
- ALL All available prisoners will be brought in every day
Escape mode (continued)
Escape mode was deemed too easy and unbalanced, and several features have been nerfed.
- Damage done to a prison and its staff is now repaired automatically, once the player surrenders or is knocked out.
- All staff killed are replaced with new hires
- All fires are extinguished
- Burnt down walls now get construction jobs created to replace them
- All ranged weapons now have limited ammo.
Nb you can press G to drop the current weapon.
- Shotgun : 6 shots
- Pistol : 6 shots
- Tazer : 1 shot
- Assault rifle : 30 shots
- If you steal an item from a room, there is now a three hour timer before that item can be stolen again from that room.
This will put a stop to whole teams of escapees stealing knives from the kitchen.
Nb these timers end instantly when the player surrenders or is knocked out.
- Reputations rebalanced
- Skilled fighter: chance to disarm opponent now reduced to 20% per hit, down from 30%
- Extremely deadly: chance to kill reduced to 15% per hit, down from 30%
- Ranged weapons are no longer made more powerfull by the Strong/Deadly reputations
- Ranged weapons no longer disarm opponents when the attacker has the Skilled Fighter rep
- Improved game over screen to stack up victims in the same way as the intake report's prisoner preview.
Rebalanced the chances of gang members and leaders arriving,
to make gangs a more likely occurance.
- Doubled the chances of receiving gang members at intake
- The chance of an incoming gang member being a leader is now much higher
- The probability of receiving a gang leader also increases as the size of the gang increases.
Greek, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese
- no more saving on escape mode gameover screen
- Items still loaded on trucks dont get search jobs during shakedown
- deployment menu has the correct default selected based on your research
- fog of war turns on sooner on GABOS level
- error sound only plays once when unable to afford objects
Patch rc6-20151007 [Windows & Mac only] (8th October 2015)
Fixes crashes that occured when achievement unlock criteria were fulfilled