Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles
Patch 1.4.1 (08 May 2019)
- Prevented scythe blades from hurting your ship whilst dueling the enemy challenger captain
- Tower in Viadaza now slightly less immortal
- Reduced horror spawn rate
- Fixed bug with pink horror weapon equipping
- Fixes to tzeentch energy track UI
- Fixed a bug with model recycling and flame-affected texture
- Adjusted repairs slightly for dwarves
- Fixed bug with Ironclad not showing destroyed sections
- Chaos crew now consume provisions
- Added ability to sacrifice provisions for favour
Patch 1.4 (23 April 2019)
- We promised it would come and here it is, introducing the brand new Tzeentch Campaign! This update completes the campaigns for the four chaos factions, bringing the Tzeentch campaign and new challenges for all Chaos captains as well as some other surprises for some of the other captains out there.
- Unleash the machinations of the Lord of All Fates as you rain magic down upon your enemies from your Great Winged Terror and recruit Lords of Change to terrorise the skies.
New magic weapons!
- Chaos captains will find their legend grows as they burn their way through the old world. As news of your triumph and favour with the ruinous powers reaches foreign shores it will draw forth powerful chaos lords wielding daemonic magic who will seek you out and test your worth.
- For all your Bretonnian crews you can now recruit a Grail Knight. These guys are hard to find but worth the journey!
- Added Tzeentch start
- Added Lord of Change flyer to Tzeentch forces
- Added Grail Knights to Bretonnian crews (rare!)
- Added Chaos Daemon Sword, Filth Mace and Sword of Change, with accompanying quests to obtain for Chaos captains
- Updated Unity engine to v2018.3
- Anti-aliasing options adjusted: choice of TAA/MSAA/FXAA
- Adjusted firing angles for Great Winged Terror
- Tzeentch Bolts now fire as a burst based on energy rather than rapid-fire based on energy
- Adjusted stamina costs and regeneration speed
- Adjusted attack speed in melee combat
- Higher level enemy captains will be stronger in melee
- Strafing animations adjusted for characters in melee
- Improved effects of Whirling Dervish, Battle Rage and Ironskin abilities
- Fixed bug with ascenscion text for Slaanesh, Nurgle captains
- Fixed bug with characters occasionally running off the sides of ships.
- Other optimisations and performance tweaks
Patch 1.3.5 (02 June 2018)
- New Captain model for Khorne Campaign
- Adjusted campaign to slow down excessively strong AI factions
- Landlocked ships delivered by the ruinus powers to in-land lakes will now be re-delivered closer to the main fleet
- Fixed issues with NPC captains joining your crew
- Increased the boarding bonus for allied player ships
- Made the Sea Witch a bit tougher (Don't give up your day job)
- Navies no longer pursue you quite so doggedly if you're friendly to the faction.
Patch 1.3.4 (16 January 2018)
- Updated translations for German, French, Spanish and Hungarian
- Regions under attack made more obvious
- Added diplomatic status info to region mouseover information on map (so you can see if a region is owned by a hostile power or an ally)
- Added diplomatic status info to fleets when selected on map
- Quest icons stay toggled off on saving/loading
- Ex-crew on shore leave now appear first in the tavern
- Captured ports no longer spawn Guard ships of the wrong faction
- Merton's shoreforts have returned from their ocean adventures to stand on the docks and defend the town.
- Crew dismissed when switching to a smaller ship whilst in port now give their weapons back into the inventory, before relaxing in the tavern.
- Increased variation in spawn distance for military missions (prevents L'Anguille being quite so crowded).
- Individual ship upgrades now sell for the same as the gold increase provided to a sold ship
- Heal spell cures unconscious crew
- Port defences will always be of the correct faction on loading.
- Fixed Monte Castillo's towers not saving their state properly
- Fixed newlines on end of translations causing buttons to scale strangely
Patch 1.3.3 (12 December 2017)
- Gamepad can now select crew and captains on military building screen
- Ships defeated in boarding will be properly counted for the naval defence mission
- Allied ships no longer provoke aggression from AI ships with accidental fire (the player ship still does!)
- Adjusted fleet spawning for higher point value fleets, fewer ships but stronger
- Regions no longer lose control unless they are under attack
- Fixed a bug with captured trade ships losing cargo
- Captured ships can no longer be sent to a port they were stolen from
- Can no longer hire a captain from the faction a ship was stolen from to pilot it.
- Captured ship aggression is cleared on capture, prevents nearby allies destroying captured ships.
- Stolen downgrade icon is now 127% more piratical.
Patch 1.3.2 (01 December 2017)
- Fixed a bug which caused captured ships to block a docking area
- Fixed a bug with transferring to a captured ship in some situations locked the captain on the loading screen.
Patch 1.3.1 (01 December 2017)
- Inventory screen clothing/weapons buttons will take you to the outfit screen/equipment screen respectively
- Added ability to transfer flyer between ships
- Can now buy/sell spears for crew
- Dismissing a wizard will leave them in the port to be re-hired
- Fixed bugs with warehoused ships, flyers and wizards
- Added Loyalty to the captain detail screen
- Fixed a bug which could cause your old ship to attack your new ship when transferring at sea
- Fixed a bug which caused ordered flyers to continue to attack surrendered ships
- Adjusted docking at Tilean ports
- Elite crew can no longer have negative traits when hiring (can still gain injury traits)
- Military crew now only lists elite crew
- Restricted role crew will no longer get inappropriate skills (i.e. no qualified surgeons that can't be assigned to surgeon)
- Fixed a bug with dismissed crew reapparing on the ship
- Fixed a bug with crew not correctly being assigned from the military screen
- Fixed a bug which in some cases led to the player starting in a faction when choosing independent start.
- Adjusted Naval Defence quest to prevent 0 reward
- Adjusted fleet-based quests
- Fixed a bug preventing the player fleet capturing empty zones.
- On capturing an empty zone, player's faction will send patrol fleets to hold it if possible
Patch 1.2.1 (10 October 2017)
- Added zoomed out Tactical View, press V (or Y button on gamepad) when sailing to toggle between normal sailing view and tactical sailing view.
- Hellship sails hidden when using anti-flyer weapon
- Reduced volume on Hellship ambient screams
- Slightly increased late-game build up speed of aggressive factions
- Fix for null error with piloting captured ships.
- Added additional info to crew on capture ship screen
- Moved Capture Ship button to be more obvious
- Crew piloting a captured prize ship will leave their weapons
- Crew piloting a prize ship will move to the tavern after docking (and can be rehired without any up front cost)
- Removed duplicate shrine rewards for Slaanesh
- AI Allies generate less aggro from enemies from accidental damage
- First mate will only warn if you're under attack if you were not already under attack.
- Moved captain load in point in Alquezaro
- Can no longer send a captured ship to a razed port
- Increased value of sacrificed cargo (Chaos campaigns)
- Improved look of Slaanesh corruption UI on ports
- Smoothed melee animations for AI
- Player character defaults to running
- Wolfship front sails hidden whilst aiming front cannons
- Camera behaves better around railings during boarding
Patch 1.2 (13 September 2017)
- Added Slaanesh campaign
- Added Ship Capture mechanic
- Ship upgrades now cost cargo space and are no longer limited by type
- Controlled character camera now moves above the player if it would be pushed too close by geometry.
- Added icons for when your character is locking onto an enemy (by blocking or mid-swing). Updated icons for enemies who are targeting you and nearby enemies out of view
- Khorne campaign start now locked until Independent campaign is completed (unless 'skip tutorial' is toggled in the options or you've played Khorne previously)
- Nurgle and Slaanesh captains can now Ascend
- Additional sail designs for Nurgle and Slaanesh
- Global movement AI ships will collect cargo from enemies they sink
- Ships can now be sold from the warehouse
- Selling a ship from the warehouse will transfer any remaining crew to the player ship, or the tavern depending on space
- Journal shows latest entry on opening, more entries per page, formatting made clearer
- Melee Chain attacks are now much more reliable to trigger
- Fixed a bug with To Smell a Rat quest
- Player ally ships get a small boarding bonus vs AI
- Hellships get a boarding bonus in AI vs AI fights
Patch 1.1.4 (21 July 2017)
- Added four new sail designs for Khorne ships
Patch 1.1.3 (20 July 2017)
- Added Exalted Bloodship to Khorne navies and as petition reward for Khorne captains
- Reduced destroyed port requirements slightly for higher level petition rewards.
- Fixed a crash bug involving undead spellcasters
- Fixed an issue with low-control regions not spawning defence ships
- Fixed a bug with pirate ports confusing invading factions
- Added additional checks to prevent a stumble locking the captain's movement
Patch 1.1.2 (06 July 2017)
- Boarding a rotting ship to infect it with plague made slightly easier
- Added brief tutorial for infecting ships
- Infected ships show green on map
- Custom battle weather fixed so that stormy is more stormy than 'rain'
- Lanterns no longer cause light pollution on map screen
- Fixed issue with (invisible) dialogue capturing clicks on buttons (e.g. captain skills)
- Custom battle sail picker no longer resets the sail design on editing a ship
- Catapult projectiles travel slightly faster
- Increased stamina cost for NPC captains to block heavy attacks
- Firstmate no longer "Sir Lancelot"s trying to get to the enemy ship if he can't quite jump far enough
- Adjusted AI vs AI boarding to be more fair to player ally ships
- Initial favour for new nurgle campaigns corrected
- Increased bonus damage for player when stamina is high (melee had be come a little too hard)
- Nurgle's Rot crew damage increased to offset natural healing
- Shoreforts at plagued ports are reduced in effectiveness
- Chaos campaign initial navy patrols reduced in strength.
- Added a message whenever any ally ship is destroyed
- Can now sacrifice pennants as a chaos captain
- Adjusted trader AI so that they are much less likely to be carrying 0 cargo
- Added 1.1 translations for German, French and Hungarian
- Allies which infect a ship will correctly stop boarding
- Grey wizards paranoia reduced, they will no longer cast storm force in case of friendlies trying to board.
- Grapeshot made more effective when firing on a full crewed ship.
Patch 1.1.1 (22 June 2017)
- Cloud saves and overlay have been added to Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles.
- Spread plague and destruction throughout the Old World as a Chosen of Nurgle.
Infect ships with Nurgle's Rot and board them till it overcomes the ship, and watch it take the plague back to port.
(Unlocked by completing the tutorial, playing the Khorne tutorial first is recommended)
Chaos campaign changes
- For both Nurgle and Khorne campaigns, the requirements for petitions are now based on the number of ports you have destroyed - making it much easier to see your progression.
You can also change which ship in your fleet you choose to captain - any same-faction ship can be commanded.
- Recruit new allies for your chaos fleet - find the champions of the other chaos powers and defeat them to gain a powerful ship and the ability to petition for more.
- We've smoothed out melee a little - no more tank controls for mouse and keyboard (you'll strafe instead). A subtle lock on (which you can disable in the options) helps keep combat flowing and a new stamina system adds a little bit more depth.
Full list of changes:
- Added nurgle campaign
- (Chaos only, for now) Crew can now be transferred between non-hired allies of the same faction and you can switch to captaining any of your non-hired ally ships.
- Added infection mechanic, which turns an enemy ship into a plague ship and transports plague to its nearest friendly port.
- Plagued ports can be attacked and have much weakened defenders (watch out though: non-nurgle attackers in a plagued port will suffer too!)
- Added Sickening trait for Champion of Nurgle
- Chaos Shrine rewards now unlocked by port destruction instead of total favour gained
- Chaos allied ship types from other factions are now unlocked by completing quests
- Added Challenge quests to Chaos campaign for all chaos ship types
- Melee no longer uses tank controls for mouse/keyboard, instead strafing
- Melee using controller - camera will follow character.
- Increased wind up time for heavy attacks
- Added a light moving attack for 1h (forward + light attack)
- Optimised ice weapon
- Ice and Fire weapons now more powerful but don't always trigger.
- Celestial Hammer will occasionally call lightning bolts on enemies if used in rain/storm
- Skilled (and lazy) oarsmen/women now properly affect rowing efficiency
- Fixed broken scroll handles on custom battle screen which could prevent buttons working
- Custom battle factions are no longer locked if assigned to a removed team
- Fixed some juddering issues with the camera
- Blocking will lock onto nearby characters and allow you to strafe around them (can be disabled in options)
- Attacking now locks on for a brief time until the attack chain completes (can be disabled in options)
- Allied ships deal additional damage and take reduced damage
- Ship race quests will only choose dockable ports
- Fixed an issue with orc ports
- Fixed a number of quests which broke if the cutscene was interrupted
- Added a stamina bar to the player, enemy captains and elite enemies in ports.
- Port attacks now give bonus xp
- Fixed an issue with crew not turning up for fights in the chaos tutorial
- Info for port attack options now shows up if using controller
- Mouse is no longer unlocked when searching
- Changed wind source icon
- Fixed a bug with the player character flying into the air on galleons with archer regiments
- 'Back' on custom battle end screen now works with gamepad
- Prevent bugs on recentering causing the terrain load system to freeze
- Anti-Flyer weapons will fire on flyers attacking its allies
- Adjusted enemy target/health icons when outside of field of view.
- Slaanesh-ensnared crew will return their weapons to the inventory on death
Patch 1.0.1 (04 May 2017)
- Fixed a bug which could cause healthbars to disappear in port battles
- Fixed a navigation issue that occasionally caused ships to spin around at a single point
- Quest fixes for: Emperor's Gold, Ship of the Dead, Valour of Remas, Race to the Finish
- Fixed normals on Deathgalley
- Reduced brightness of Fog banks
- Various optimisations
- Fixed a bug with surrendered once-friendly (but angered) ally ships
- Fixed an issue where allied ships would be treated as their original faction instead of the player faction in some cases
- Improved crew hire screen UI when using a controller for wizards and flyers
- Patched a collider hole in the Great Ship which could trap the player
- Camera movement made much more sensitive when zoomed in with rifle.
- Adjusted unarmed running animation
- Character Weapons stat bars should now show their labels in all screen resolutions
- Optimisations for particles on ships with upgraded cannons
- Reflection optimisations
- Fix for invisible orc ports in old save games
- AI no longer attacks hostages (fix for Griffon's Nest quest)
- Fixed bugs with time stopping and wind direction occasionally being locked
- Fixed an issue with the camera controls freezing occasionally
- Fixed a bug where the chaos warrior could be stuck in a hit reaction animation
- Added a waypoint for Twilight quest for cases where the player was close to the destination but sailed away afterwards
- Fixed a bug with UI button clicks being blocked by waypoint markers
- Sacked ports now recover properly
- Razed ports will recover much sooner after their attached region is made friendly
- Escort quests will now start your escorted ship in the same port, rather than out at sea
- Fixed some issues with flyer hunt quests
- Adjusted Naval Defence missions so the fleets are less likely to be destroyed before you reach them
Update (20 April 2017)
- Updated the manual to version 1.0.
Patch 1.0.0 (19 April 2017)
- Welcome to the release build of Man O' War: Corsair.
- This release doesn't bring any new features in itself, but is the culmination of all of our past updates with a few extra bug fixes. Here's an overview of what's happened since our initial alpha 0.1:
- 0.2: This update brought us chaos invaders in the form of the Khorne fleets, expanded the available map to include the oceans around Bretonnia, added Orc ports, pirate ports, and looting. Also the dreaded Black Leviathan was spotted beneath the waves.
- 0.3: Our biggest request in the first few months had been for melee combat - which wasn't originally part of the plan! Our first iteration was released in 0.3 along with a whole load of swords, axes and other melee weapons.
- 0.4: Dwarfs! Skaven! Flyers! Magic! I guess the name of that one covers it - two of the most popular races in the Warhammer universe took to the seas as enemies in this update, as well as two of the eight colleges of magic (all eight are in now!) plus flyers and anti-flyer weapons for your ships.
- 0.5: This update brought in the faction diplomacy and the control of sea regions - the human forces now patrol their territories, bicker over border disputes and attempt to annex each other's ports. All of this despite the hostile forces gathering in the deep oceans, now numbering Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch. High elf ships were also spotted on the waves at this time.
- 0.6: Crew management - no longer just a number, your crew are now individuals with their own names, levels, equipment. Undead! Ware those who venture out on Geheimnisnacht when the undead fleets sail forth.
- 0.7: Level up! Skills for your captain as you level up. Estalia and Tilea join the fray, expanding the map all the way south to Sartosa. The latest fashions from Miragliano also arrive, with a whole host of hats and outfits available to customise your captain. For those with a more practical mind we also added addtional ammo types for your cannon.
- 0.8: Blood for the Blood God! Our chaos campaign's debut, but not only that, you can now walk around in all of the ports in the old world (and then slay their inhabitants... well, depending on which side you're on)
- 0.9: Custom battles - ever wondered what chance a lone nautilus prowling the depths would have against an orc fleet? or perhaps you just want to control those giant claws on the Hulk yourself for a change... we added a new game mode which lets you try all this and more!
- Welcome aboard new captains, here's looking forward to 1.1 ....
- Reduced the frequency your crew will admire your gunnery skills
- Added missing descriptions for non-human weapons
- Eye for a profit captain skill no longer directs you to pirate ports if you're not friendly with pirates
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the music playing
- Skaven crew are now assigned in custom battles
- Fixed a bug with Deliver Diplomat quest not affecting the faction ratings correctly
- Fixed an issue with the Gold Wizard's cloak affecting FPS
- Fixed quests which were showing the wrong icon for the player hero
Patch 0.9.6 (14 April 2017)
- Made shields more effective against enemy guns
- Increased the supply levels of the human forces later in the game
- Fixed a number of issues with Bane Towers and boarding
- Fixed an issue with language folders which prevented some users changing language
- Fixed a number of quest issues
- Fixed some problems with firing positions in custom battle ships
- Warehouse fixed for gamepad use
- Fixed a bug with ordering the wizard to stop casting
- Fixed a bug which caused some in-town game saves to load in an invalid state
- Fixed an issue with getting more than one piece of news in tavern when using gamepad
Patch 0.9.5 (07 April 2017)
- Added Spanish (Latin America) translation
- Hired crew no longer bring weapons with them, instead equipping any available weapons from the player's inventory (or fighting unarmed)
- Crew weapons can now be sold for 1/5th of their purchase price
- Fixed a bug with Destroy Fleet missions (were showing as "Lost Treasure of Neue Emskrank")
- Treasure map hints are now localised
- Subtitles will now show on the intro video for non-english language settings
- English subtitles can be turned on for the intro video in Gameplay options
- Pressing escape whilst selecting from the command menu now cancels the command menu, rather than opening the pause menu
- Infamy is no longer increased by knocking your First Mate unconscious
- Infamy now affects crew initial hire prices - normal human crew will require a larger upfront payment to join your crew as your Infamy increases. Alternatively, pirate crew will require more payment to join your crew if your infamy is low.
- Fixed some interface issues with skaven doombringer bell, ironshark bite
- Skaven Doombringer bell now shows the volume level
- Made adding a custom language file easier
Patch 0.9.4 (03 April 2017)
- Updated Hungarian translation
- Custom battle screen now works with Gamepad
- Fixed bug with dpad oversensitivity in menus on Windows
- Fixed a bug with sliding in melee combat
- Added icon for great bell
- Fog of war quest bug fixed
- Allied captains once again will fight rather than admire the scenery in port battles
- Ship AI navigation improvements
- UI scaling updated
Patch 0.9.3 (22 March 2017)
- Can now abandon non-unique quests.
- Fixed an issue with quest popups appearing too soon after docking and being unclickable
- Fixed an issue that could cause physics to go out of sync with visuals in port
- Fixed a bug with weapon UI not showing selected weapon
- Fixed brace for impact icon
- Ability refresh timer made more obvious, selected active skill is now more obvious
- Hostile (ex-)ally crew now have red health bars
- Fixed an issue that could cause ships to reposition themselves incorrectly
- Fixed the initial direction of the galleon sailing camera
- Burning Skulls and Inferno Shot effects optimised
- Longbow automatically aims and draws an arrow when wielded (don't have to zoom in)
- Team-mates in custom battles can no longer become hostile
- Region control will immediately switch to neutral when the defending force has been wiped out
- Archer regiment should animate once more
- Hellblaster scope fixed
- Cutscenes no longer show 'lower spyglass' hint
- Fixed a bug with petition ships not responding to commands
- Made turning easier at x4/x8 speed
- Fixed an error with character movement in ports
Patch 0.9.2 (17 March 2017)
- Added German translation files
- Fixed a bug with dpad controls on windows
- Fixed a bug with crew being stranded on the fighting tops
- Improved Doomdiver anti-air weapon
Patch 0.9.1 (15 March 2017)
- Time scale acceleration now goes up to x8
- Changed Icon of Power sound
- Achievements for kills no longer awarded in custom battle
- Bane Tower/Winged terror can now modify their energy track
- Player wizard-captain on Bane Tower will not auto-cast spells by default
- turning off the UI will now turn off ship icons, portal icons, etc.
- fixed a ship navigation bug
- fixed a bug with quitting from custom battle and starting a new game
- fixed some game-hang bugs on leaving port
- increased size of quest text at top of screen
- UI now scales up at higher resolutions
- Updated map graphics
- Updated map icons
- Fixed some crew navigation errors
- More ship names
- Dark Elf Deathfortress reaper is destroyed when the tower location is destroyed
- Dark Elf reaper damage adjusted
- Made interacting with doors less irritating/"flickery"
- Fixes for Davy Jones's Locker and Radiance of Slaanesh
- Increased max units to 6 per side in custom battle, even for 4 sides. Warning: Your frame rate will probably suffer :)
Patch 0.9.0 (15 March 2017)
- Custom Battles are here! Choose a location, a fleet and an enemy and set up whichever fleet battles you want (controlling whichever faction you want!)
- GOG Galaxy Achievements!
- Gamepad support!
- UI update and visual polish!
- (we do a bit of optimisation work every patch but this time we've focused some extra time on getting the game running smoother)
- We're still working on our localisations but we have test versions of two languages (French and Hungarian - no slight intended to other languages, these are just the files we had ready quickest!). French and Hungarian players - we would love to hear your feedback on those.
Full list of changes:
- Updated UI
- Added achievements
- Enabled custom battle menu
- Enabled localisation menu
- Added french and hungarian translations (work in progress)
- Using spyglass and gun aim are now toggles.
- Rebalanced The Orc's Head Quest
- Adjusted trigger areas in ports so it's easier to access shops
- Lowered the sailing position on the Galleon so sails don't block view
- Fixed sartosan shorefort positions
- Sea monsters no longer put you in combat from extreme range
- Dietershafen Doomdivers Quest should no longer continue to fire doomdivers at you from extreme range
- Lantern light should no longer wobble and shine behind the mast casting weird shadows
- Updated terrain textures
- Enabled gamepad support
- Fixed some issues with player wielded longbows
- Fixed some character AI navigation issues
- Fixed a number of ship AI issues
- Fixed LOD issues at erengrad and marienburg
- Adjusted character walk animation
- Improved AI for Sea Dragons
- Improved animation for Megalodon
- Improved Black Leviathan death animation
- Character shields now match the livery of their home vessel
- Adjusted pushback from ramming
- Behemoth attack now hits multiple locations
- Fixed a number of quests with undocking issues (including They Stole My Sword and Espionage)
- Fixed a bug where Quest enemy AI would follow the player endlessly
- Flyers now bank when turning
- Icon of Power fires more accurately
- Ironshark Icon of Power positions correctly
- Added Kislev Soldier character
- Hired wizards now show up in ally section of journal
- Accidents Happen quest tweaks
- Destroy Fleet missions are much less likely to have the fleet destroyed en route
- Higher level enemy captains spawn with better cargo
- Newly purchased ships have their water barrels filled
- Can cancel/refund an anti-flyer weapon upgrade
- Added a load of extra entries to the journal
- Spyglass can now be used while controlling a character and while aiming ship weapons
- Added a number of new ship and captain names
- Player hat/armour no longer vanish when loading a save game in port
- Spyglass info will list if a ship has a wizard on board
- Added gamepad controls diagrams to the controls options screen
- Custom battle menu does not currently support gamepad controls
Patch 0.8.3 (13 February 2017)
- Killing sea monsters now grants favour with the appropriate power for chaos captains
- Fixed a bug with attacking the Pirate ports in imperial waters
- Characters on the fighting tops can no longer cower endlessly
- Multi-shot guns no longer get a free reload by changing weapon
- Changing from one reloading gun to another already loaded gun will no longer play the reload animation
- Fixed regression in 0.8.2 which broke the outfit screen for saved games
- AI ships get closer to port before joining in the attack
- Fixed a bug that could cause multiple ships to spawn in the same part of the docks
- Sacrificed crew will have their bodies cleaned up after a while
- Dead crew can no longer be assigned jobs
- Sacrificing no longer has a chance to injure crew
- Pressing escape to open the options menu now pauses the game
- Purchased maps will now be displayed immediately before leaving the tavern
- Fixed a bug with sacking orc ports
- Fixed a bug preventing firing in some cases
- Flyers and Seamonsters should no longer show crew/cargo
- Added an option to turn off blood effects (splats and blood on deck) - NB: won't remove any blood textures on models such as the Megalodon
Patch 0.8.2 (13 February 2017)
- Added ship upgrades to Shrine rewards for chaos campaign
- Fixed a bug with purchasing a ship or swapping a ship in the warehouse.
- Added more battle music
- Added an error screen if data files are missing/unreadable
- AI no longer sink surrendered ships
- Orders UI shows 'board' order correctly
- Chaos player allies no longer able to surrender
- Out of bounds message changed, AI that flees out of bounds will suffer a grisly fate
- Mutiny triggers the boarding UI and shows red healthbars on the mutineers
- Steering wheel should no longer turn by itself when noone's around to steer
- Added 'Attack my target' order for allies
- pre-0.5 orc ports will now be sinkable
- Fixed bugs in Shock treatment quest
- Camera wobble fixed on increased gamespeed
- Fixed bug which could cause the Hand of Mork to travel a vast distance with the player's ship
- Adjusted colliders in Maja Uvemny
- Radial menu no longer usable in town
- Fixed bug with title screen after quitting in port
- characters should now push past each other rather than get stuck
- crew no longer get stranded over the ocean occasionally on undocking
- Removed target practice in chaos campaign
- various optimisations
- Fixed bug which could cause player character's head to turn at an odd angle
Patch 0.8.1 (13 February 2017)
- Reduced effect of windblast on Orc Ports
- Wind blast no longer lifts ships/pushes them underwater
- Added option in Game Options to auto-skip intro video
- Added option to disable gamepad input in controls (prevents phantom gamepad input)
- (NB: gamepads work in game to an extent but are not yet officially supported, soon(tm) now)
- Wizards now only cast spells on hostiles you have attacked
- Fixed bugs with hostages in quests
- Grapeshot now properly triggers aggression
- Fixed a bug that prevented heavy cannons doing proper hull (below the waterline) damage
- Fixed a bug with ram damage
- Can now order your fleet from the map screen
- Fixed some bugs with Raiders of Lyonesse and Raiders of Tobaro
- Ally fleet aggro is now sensible
- Can order an ally to move to a point on the map
- Allies show their current targets on the map
- Master of Shadows quest fixed for saves which started it before 0.4
- Fixed Bay of Quietude quest
- Increased bonus boarding distance from Causeway of Light spell
- Shields can now block bullets
- Allies should follow in formation better. Slow allies following the player get a speed boost to help them keep up.
- Can now dock at a port to loot as long as all towers are destroyed, even if enemy ships are nearby.
- Scrollwheel no longer changes weapon (use 1-4, or R by default)
Patch 0.8.0 (13 February 2017)
- Rampage through the Old World as a Chaos Lord leading an armada of beastmen, chaos spawn and cultists. Burn the ports to the ground and slaughter your way for the glory of Khorne!
-Visit the ports of the old world - when docking you'll now be able to walk around the town square. With this change, attacking a Port is now slightly more involved as you'll also have to kill the defenders before you can sack the town.
- We've made some fairly substantial changes to how melee works under the hood (lock on is gone!), and added the ability to jump over to the enemy ship.
Full list of changes
- Enabled Khorne campaign
- Added Dark Elves
- Added accessible ports for players to visit and/or destroy
- Reworked port menus
- Reworked melee combat
- Adjusted attack times for melee attacks
- Lunge now only happens on a strong attack
- Strong attack is now mapped to Middle Mouse Button (and Tab) by default, rather than holding a left click
- Adjusted Campaign balance
- Can now board enemy ships.
- Adjusted weapon firing arrow to make it easier to determine long range shots
- Player's wizard only casts on enemies you have personally attacked
- Player's wizard will check allies are not attacking you before casting beneficial spells on them
- Player's wizard will only automatically cast wind master out of combat, to put wind to help player's direction of travel.
- Adjusted fire damage on characters
- Reduced frequency of flyer chatter (pegasus neighs)
- Game over screen no longer shows the megalodon if sea monsters are disabled
- Adjusted flyer AI to fix a number of issues
- Duplicate sea monsters removed
- All hands to the Cannons ability now allows turning while in use
- Ships can now fire/board with no crew, but suffer appropriate penalties for empty crew positions.
- Boarding UI counter now includes the captain, first mate and any special crew in the totals
- Target window will change to the most recently attacked ship
- Fix for character health UI vanishing mid-combat
- Ship AI no longer stops to try and fire its AA at other ships (duh)
- "Flyers only" party in the SE corner of the map broken up by Joint Tilean/Dwarf expedition. Few pegasi were harmed in this operation.
- Additional weights attached to port towers near Bilbali to prevent them floating off into the sea/sky.
- Increased the search radius for a number of chests.
- Increased damage and cost of Storm Strike and Spectre spells
- Player character can now wield longbows
- Player character guns can no longer defy physics and shoot things behind them
- Injured crew no longer break the tutorial
- Tzeentch ships no longer take flyers with them when they die
- Tzeentch ships drop cargo before vanishing
- Kills from a player's flyer correctly attributed to the player
- Reduced (incorrect) firing rate of Nautilus and Hulk
Patch 0.7.2 (07 December 2016)
- Sea dragons now leave some slightly digested gold bullion behind on death
- Fledgling Griffon should no longer fall overboard on saving and reloading.
- Fledgling Griffon on player ship no longer shows up in the spyglass.
- Doombringer bell can no longer vibrate at a negative pitch. The skaven engineers responsible have been executed for crimes against game stability.
- Fixed an issue that prevented old 0.4 saves loading properly
- Fixed a quest issue that could cause the spyglass to stop working
Patch 0.7.1 (18 November 2016)
- Saving mid-Illusion of Death no longer leaves your character stuck in skeletal form.
- Wind is more likely to be favourable when out of combat and travelling with time acceleration
- Added an additional two hats to purchase in Kislevite ports.
Patch 0.7.0 (18 November 2016)
- The Old World Expands
- It’s time for the Estalian and Tilean factions to stand up and be counted! Players can now sail around these regions, the Old World just got bigger! Not only that, thanks to the large community collaboration, we can now reveal the Captain Skills system based on your feedback. Combined with the Crew Management from 0.6, you can now make your game even more unique!
- Plus due to popular demand we have made it so you can make your captain even more customisable. As well as new hats and outfits, two new captains have joined the fray and are ready to play!
Tilea and Estalia.
Now the Estalian and Tilean ports are open for business, sail even further and make your fortune!
- You you can purchase new ammunition for your cannons, including Grapeshot & Chain Shot!
- Tilea and Estalia regions unlocked
- Tilean and Estalian quests enabled
- Added two new captain characters
- Added outfit options for player character
- Added clothing accessories for player character
- Added ammunition options for ships with cannon
- Adjusted how the bell works on the Skaven Doombringer
- Patch notes now group themselves by major version
- Can now cancel levelling up a crew member
- Fixed a bug where not completing a level up for a crew member could lose the skill point
- Changed ally faction text colour in journal
- Reduced rate of energy changes for Bane Tower and Great Winged Terror
- Fixed a bug where injured crew could allow greater than max crew on ship
- Crew will move on deck for boarding actions in the correct order (surgeon will be last!)
- First Mate now “knocked unconscious” rather than killed (he never actually died)
- Fixed a bug preventing a particular Bretonnian pirate port from being looted
- Fixed a bug with Illusion of death which could prevent your captain wielding their weapons
- Hulk bigchukkas, greatship guns and wolfship guns now properly disabled by destroying the appropriate sections
- Fixed a bug preventing allies from following when ordered
- Reduced the damage from catapult weapons on sails
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Chaos Sorcerers casting spells
- Galleon anti-air gun firing arc increased
- Port alert status on map changes colour depending on type of alert
- Running aground while in map mode will pause the game
- Fixed a bug with collect cargo quests
Patch 0.6.3 (25 October 2016)
- Fixed an issue that caused some flyers to flee to range
- Spell damage versus Sea Monsters now takes into account resistances/saves etc.
- Fixed a bug with hellblaster gunners being added to your crew
- Ship UI now shows max crew
- Main game screen ship UI no longer includes provisions in the cargo total
- Made the overlay for the tutorial slightly less intrusive
- Fixed some potential crashes with the Doombringer bell
- Adjusted world bounds.
Patch 0.6.2 (21 October 2016)
- Fixed a bug with the crew screen and somehow having too many crew
- Fixed a bug with injured crew preventing reassignment of other crew
- Fixed a bug that prevented AA firing when reloading from a save
- Fixed saves which were affected by the cargo bug in 0.6.0
Patch 0.6.1 (20 October 2016)
- Fixed a bug with cargo count when purchasing goods
- Added ability to sell provisions
- Floating shields no longer appear whilst looking through spyglass
- Dead player crew return their weapons to the player’s inventory (if they die on the ship)
- Flyers should no longer put the player ship “in combat” from a great distance
- Adjusted ship collision avoidance AI
Patch 0.6 - The Dead Rise (18 October 2016)
- With the Season of the Storm upon us the Dead have come to seek their revenge on the living!
- Not only that, thanks to the large community collaboration, we can now reveal the crew management system based entirely on your feedback.
- On Geheimnisnacht when Morrsleib the dark moon waxes, spirits invade the lands. Superstitious sailors tell tales of ghost corsairs crewed by the undead.
- Players can now being name and hire individual crew members.
- Each individual crew member can now be assigned jobs onboard ship, given new weapons and with experience levelled up to gain new traits.
Full list of changes
- Crew are now individual characters with unique skills and individual experience growth.
- Added crew traits, crew can gain traits by levelling up after gaining experience.
- Added crew management screen where crew can be assigned to positions on ship, levelled up and paid as well as have their equipment adjusted.
- Crew now cost less initially but require payment every midnight (if unpaid the following midnight, crew will lose some morale)
- Crew provisions and water added, provisions can be bought in port or converted from food cargo. Water is collected when raining, and replenished automatically in port.
- Crew can be put on limited rations which reduces provision and water usage but will slowly reduce morale.
- Added mutinies: Extremely low morale crew can mutiny.
- Added crew roles: crew can work on rigging, ship maintenance, cannons, lookout, ship’s cook, cooper, quartermaster, surgeon or be assigned as marines.
- Crew traits added, crew gain traits as they level up, some crew may start with traits.
- Expanded the scrolling area on the keyboard config screen
- Fixed a number of issues with the Slaanesh Hellship weapon
- Added undead encounters during Geheimnisnacht and Hexennacht
- In-game date is now shown above the game-time UI
- Morrsleib and Mannsleib will move separately in the sky and change brightness/size over time
- Fixed a bug with some orcs not getting their melee weapons
- Repositioned pirate port in the Gulf of Kislev
- Reduced volume of pegasus flapping
- Purchasing a ship now transfers all your existing crew to the new ship if there is space. The lowest level crew members will remain on the old ship if not.
- Sharpshooter can now have weapons assigned like other crew members
- Crew now have a chance of being injured instead of killed outright, a ship’s surgeon can improve this chance, as well as reduce the chance of long term injury traits.
- Port defence ships will not respawn so often.
- More fixes to flyers trying to attack their own ship.
- Great Winged Terror’s wings should no longer get in the way of boarding
- Increased the intensity of the sun and moon light to improve visibility.
- Refit upgrades should now be purchaseable when you have the correct gold, rather than needing the full undiscounted amount.
- Added a one button option for ship firing (click once to aim, again to fire) this can be enabled in the control options.
- Can click on individual sections of the ship to repair in port.
- Slowed buildup of campaign - now takes longer for the hostile factions to reach their full strength.
Update 0.5.2 (7 October 2016)
- Fixed a crash bug involving iceberg spell
- Fixed a bug in the port captain weapon shop
Patch 0.5.1 (7 October 2016)
- Added smaller ally health indicators above player ship health display
- Allies can now be ordered as a group as well as individually
- Allies can be ordered to just “attack” rather than requiring a specific tactic
- Naval Defence mission no longer lingers if the fleet is destroyed by other means
- Restarting a game no longer keeps discovered regions
- Wizard AI will not try to cast spells further than they can reach
- Crew on fighting tops should come down to fight if they’re the last ones remaining
- Player’s Flyer and crew should no longer attack each other.
- Wizards will take the nearest door to get below decks in boarding
- Port production no longer vanishes on saving (and will be restored on existing save games)
- Fixed an issue with Merton that caused fleets to beach themselves nearby
- Tweaked ship collision avoidance AI
- Sharpshooter now reloads while zooming
- Fixed a bug with sharpshooter recoil while zoomed
- Wizards will no longer try to kill the crew of towers
- Fixed some terrain issues near Hargendorf and Lyonesse
Patch 0.5 - The Winds of Chaos (7 October 2016)
- Removed old encounter/bubble system
- Added new system for faction campaign
- Added faction diplomacy, factions will change their hostility towards each other.
- Added Hellrammer, Hellslicer, Hellship, Plaguecrusher, Plagueship, Bane Tower of Tzeentch, Winged Terror, Hawkship, Eagleship, Dragonship
- Port menu background now changes based on nation that owns port
- Allies can now be hired from ports.
- New wizards available for hire: Amber, Amethyst, Celestial, Golden, Light and Jade
- Enabled Chaos Sorcerers for enemy fleets
- Added a faction relations section to the world information/journal.
- Killing enemy ships now rewards a pennant - can take to the military building in port to claim a bounty
- Added port menu military building with option for collecting bounties and taking diplomatic missions
- Added diplomatic quests which affect the diplomatic status between two factions and increase a player’s faction loyalty level (faction loyalty will have more effect in later updates)
- Added skull markers on ship information panel, as well as on details when clicking on ships, fleets and ports on the map to show strength.
- Two new pieces of music added to the score.
- Orc ports are now dynamically created as part of the faction system
- Adjusted ship collision physics to reduce chance of ships passing through each other
- Can access map screen whilst docked.
- Added regions to map, discovered by sailing through them.
- Fixed a bug with fog of war quest
- Added a search tutorial, will trigger on next leaving Norden post-tutorial
- Adjusted boarding balance: crew will be more active, player attacks will only hit the first target hit (rather than hitting everything in range). Enemy crew less biased towards hunting the player.
- Made AA more accurate on firing, particularly whilst ship is moving.
Patch 0.4.3 (12 September 2016)
- Dedicated AA weapon damage increased against flyers
- Fixed a bug with wizards endlessly trying to cast and never regaining mana
- Characters no longer look at their target when it’s dead
- Player character will look at locked-on character target
- Character turning made more responsive
- Fixed a bug with orc wizard towers when viewed through spyglass
- Very distant flyers should no longer sometimes appear near your ship at water level
- Squigbombz can now be shot down
- Player ship flyer will no longer become hostile to the player ship
Patch 0.4.2 (06 September 2016)
- Fixed a bug with the boarding timeout.
- Additional boarding tutorial should no longer show up with a weird objective
- Fixed an issue with some AI ships being unable to steer.
- Altered quest dialogue for easy pickings
- Wizards should no longer break the interface if they’re trying to cast an unequipped spell
- Skaven Doombringer slightly reduced in power: (unintentional) ability to crash game removed.
- Flyer health increase
- Crew vs flyer damage increased commensurate with the health increase
- Player ship’s flyer healthbar added above ship UI
- Fistful of Grapeshot quest will now continue if cutscene was interrupted by docking
- Manual docking at your waypoint will now clear it
- First mate no longer tries to steer during cutscenes
- Player ship’s flyer will now automatically engage enemies you attack/that attack you unless otherwise ordered.
Patch 0.4.1 (02 September 2016)
- Destroyed ship sails are now furled
- Spare wizards should no longer sneak out of the warehouse and back onto the ship.
- Dwarven fleet encounter sizes increased
- Areas of strong magic are now only visible to ships with a wizard
- Added F10 to take a screenshot in-game (Known issue: MSAA causes screenshots to be black on ‘Fantastic’ settings, workaround: use ‘Beautiful’, this will be fixed in later patch)
- Player’s ship wizard will now cast spells automatically, can be configured from the Crew menu in the map/captain’s cabin screen.
- Squigs now explode on death.
- Rat ogres will lead the charge if present on a skaven ship.
- Backing off from melee whilst pressing tab (change target) will now clear the lock and allow you to run away.
- Holding shift when controlling a character will allow you to run.
- Navigation tweaks
- Wizard towers with non-human occupants will show the correct name.
- Ports can no longer become plagued while the tutorial is still in progress.
- Flyer vs flyer close combats will take longer
Patch 0.4.0 (02 September 2016)
- Added the Dwarf and Skaven fleets to the game.
- Added Grey Wizards, Bright Wizards, Orc Shamans, and Grey Seers.
- Added wizard towers.
- Added regions of strong Winds of Magic.
- Changed default ‘switch character weapon’ key to R (and 1-4 will also jump to a particular weapon)
- Fixed numerous miscellaneous quest bugs, and added some more unique and randomised quests across the world.
- Added Griffons, Wyverns, and Pegasi to the game.
- Added the Hellblaster Volley Gun, Bretonnian Archer Regiment, and Goblin Doomdivers.
- Added additional audio to the Captain’s Mate.
- Ship UI sections indicate weapons and movement being disabled by status effects, rather than only from destroyed damage sections.
- The firing arc arrow fades out while your own ship weapons are disabled by status effects.
- Fixed a bug where if your ship is sunk and despawns while you're looking at the map, the game over screen would never come up.
- Characters can now walk over the battlements of oared ships.
- Characters no longer poke their weapons through their shields when walking backwards.
- Added additional pirate ports to the coastline.
- Marienburg has a new sail design.
- Tutorial is not cancelled so easily by sailing the wrong way.
- Crew will no longer stagger just because they bumped into the player.
- Added an icon for burning damage sections.
- Fixed some melee animation bugs
- No, really, Squigs!
- Characters are more likely to block/parry if they're able to.
- NPCs fighting other NPCs will now stagger each other more often and take more damage.
- Right clicking on your ship icon on the map now cancels your waypoint.
- AI pilot no longer auto-switches movement mode upon entering the map screen.
- Fixed a bug where a dead sharpshooter would reappear upon loading a save.
- Updated the Corsair model with more rigging and objects.
- When controlling a character, the player may now increase the game speed above 1x, but not below.
- Holding shift will now allow the player to run.
- The lantern of your own Wolfship and all ship splashes no longer appear in the spyglass.
- Updated crew navigation on the Greatship and Wolfship.
- Players can no longer step off the aft castle of the Wargalley and Wolfship, the fighting top on the Buccaneer, or the gun mounting on the Hell-hammer.
- The Hulk’s Iron Claws now properly disable when destroyed.
- Tweaked the movement and resurfacing of the Black Leviathan.
- Character health bars turn red if your crew is attacking you, and flash white on critical hits.
- Fixed some misaligned docking points in Marienburg.
- Abandoned pirate ports are correctly labelled, and plundered pirate ports will correctly save their status instead of giving infinite loot.
- Lyonesse now shows on the correct side of the island on the map.
- Updated ship navigation and terrain avoidance.
Patch 0.3.3 (07 July 2016)
- Fixed a bug with AI navigation between ports
- Disabled an incomplete encounter type that was erroneously included in live build.
Patch 0.3.2 (06 July 2016)
- Fixed a bug when purchasing a new ship.
Patch 0.3.1 (06 July 2016)
- Added melee combat for the captain
- Improved ranged weapon mechanics
- Better spacing in boarding actions
- Improved performance of menu screen
- Fixed a bug that could reposition ship wrecks on reloading a save game
- Peasants in the tavern will no longer try to sell you the same map more than once.
- Added a character weapon reload indicator
- Fixed a bug preventing characters using the hatches on board ships.
- Boarding mid-wind tutorial now clears the tutorial graphic
- Streamlined hull is now a multiplier instead of a fixed boost (less effective when sailing into the wind)
- Fixed dialogue in the Blockade Runners quest
- Dead crew tell no tales (fixed a dialogue bug)
- Character weapons now have availability dependent on the port you visit, ports will produce additional weapons over time (in preparation for individual crew weapons)
- Captain’s Mate will inform you when you’ve reached your waypoint if you are in autopilot
- Sacking pirate/orc ports no longer makes you infamous
- Added screen in captain menu for choosing your captain’s equipped weapons and shield
Patch 0.2.3 (16 June 2016)
- Fixed bug which prevented docking/boarding in some situations.
- Fixed bug which prevented loading save games after death in some situations.
- Fixed an issue with Don’t Give up your Dayjob ques, can now complete even if enemy ships are alive.
- First mate will no longer try to navigate into undockable (e.g. plagued or hostile) ports, will stop nearby instead.
- AI will no longer continue to target surrendered enemies
Patch 0.2.2 (14 June 2016)
- Made Black Leviathan encounter a little more challenging.
- Added options to disable snow/rain particles as well as fog.
- Added options to disable Depth of Field and Vignette camera effects
- Ocean rendering now less GPU intensive at lower quality levels.
- Disabling fog particles removes AI aiming penalties from fog.
- Fixed a rare bug that left Erengrad in constant plague.
- Improvements to grounding whilst moving at high speed.
- Fixed some Bloodship navigation issues that caused crew to get stuck inside geometry.
- Fixed bug that caused spyglass blur to remain when not looking through spyglass
- Fixed bug with log book and port defences
- Particle effect recycling improved to reduce performance hitches.
- Fixed a bug that caused dialogue to skip
- Fixed an issue with saving on docking at the edge of a game node
- Performance improvements when showing/hiding minimap.
- Cleanup fix for old saves with multiple sea monsters
- Grounded sunk ships should now be removed sooner.
- Grounded sunk ships have a chance of leaving cargo behind.
- Engine update to allow new features in a future update.
Patch 0.2.1 (16 May 2016)
- Setting a waypoint on a port will now have the first mate dock there on reaching it.
- Performance improvements in a variety of game systems.
- Target practice enabled in the Captain menu on the map screen.
- Boarding tutorial hulk captain made less difficult to kill.
- Inactive pirate ports no longer have port defences
- Adjusted navigation around Chantillon to prevent ships becoming stuck
- Fixed a bug which could make a destroyed port defence tower respawn
- Fixed a bug which caused orc ports to stick in the black leviathan’s mouth
- Fixed a bug with the game autosaving on death
- Fixed a bug with autosaves during the boarding looting phase
- Fixed a bug which prevented some movement types being disabled by damage
- Fixed a bug which caused disabled weapons to reactivate
- Fixed a bug preventing save game completing
- Fixed bugs with AI ships tacking
Patch 0.2.0 (10 May 2016)
- This update is now live for everyone!
The Warhammer World Just Got bigger!
- Introducing the new update for Man O’ War: Corsair. Update 0.2 will introduce new mechanics as well as expand the open world experience of the sailing the Great Western Ocean.
- Introducing the first of our new fleets. Khorne sails into Warhammer’s Great Western Ocean, and the world will never be the same again. There are three new ships to face off against;
- The Ironshark has a huge mechanical shark head mounted on its bow,
- The Bloodship is a deadly war machine with giant pincers snapping open and shut,
- The Deathgalley sails into battle alongside the other ships and is a deadly support vessel for Khorne.
- Sailing in these vessels along with the more depraved sailors are the fearsome Beastmen, ready to face the unwary in battle.
- Every port now has tower defences, containing gun batteries, some ports such as Erengrad and Marienburg have formidable defences that only the foolish or brave would dare attack. Due to a ship’s cannon spread, most of your cannon balls will likely miss the narrow target of the towers. So if you wish to become a destroyer of ports then perhaps a more specialised ship like a Hellhammer would be suitable, or any ship that fires one massive projectile.
- If you successfully defeat a port you’ll need to dock with it, then you’ll have a choice to:
- Loot (Grabbing what you can from the ports stores)
- Raze (Destroying the port and gaining infamy and losing favour with that race)
- Cannibalize (Breaking up the port to repair your ship)
- We are pushing 32 new ports into this update - much, much more than we originally planned - including one extra Kislevite Port, seven Orc Ports, ten Pirate/Smugglers Ports and thirteen Bretonnian Ports.
- Orc ports are floating wrecks and debris strapped together occupying the deep sea. They spawn defence fleets and raiding parties. You will be able to Loot, Raze and Cannibalize Orc Ports.
Pirate / Smuggler Ports
- If you’re tired of working with the Empire and Kislev you can now turn your back on them and start the path to becoming a Pirate! Of course this will take time, you’ll need to attack enemies of the Pirates, and eventually you win favour with them and be able to dock in pirate ports, trade and get new missions. You will also be able to to Loot, Raze and Cannibalize Pirate Ports if you decide the Pirate life is not for you.
- The open world of Man O’ War: Corsair is now significantly bigger, not only is Bretonnia open for business but all 3 Bretonnia ships are purchasable and new quests are available in their ports.
The Dragon’s Maw
- If you’re venturing to L’Anguille, before you see it’s legendary lighthouse you may skirt the edges of the Dragon’s Maw. The Maw is a massive expanse of rock formations, littered with the occasional shipwreck. It’s the perfect place to lure an adversary if they outgun you. A skilled sailor can weave in and out of the rocks using them as cover.
The Black Leviathan
- The biggest fish in the Old World is now in the Great Western Ocean. It is so large that it can swallow most ships whole. The best tactic when faced with the Black Leviathan is to keep it at range and drive it away with cannon fire.
Improved fast travel
- We now allow the player to travel x4 speed.
- One more thing:
- Having listened to the community we have developed the Captain's Cabin. The first part is in update 0.2 and will include a waypoint system to allow you take a break from the wheel on long journeys, walk around your ship and do some target practice with the new small arms target practice system.
- Future updates of the Captain’s Cabin will enable players to micro manage the ship's performance and crew’s morale by assign work such as cleaning the barking irons! This will work hand in hand with specialist crew such as Ship’s Cook, Master at Arms and Trader.
- Thanks for all the feedback and support on the forums, we are unable to name check everyone who has made a suggestion but we have read them all, so if you see your ideas creep into an update you will have helped shaped the game!
Full list of Changes
- Extended world bounds to include Bretonnia
- Added port defences for all ports
- Added ability to Loot, Raze and Cannibalise ports
- Added Orc ports
- Added Pirate ports
- Added Bretonnian ports
- Added new Kislevite Port
- Added Black Leviathan encounters
- Added Khorne encounters
- Added quests around Bretonnia
- Added more music
- Added ability to rebind keys (NB: tutorial UI not yet updated to reflect changed keys - coming soon)
- Bretonnian ships available to purchase
- Changed how ships and characters are streamed to prevent hitching
- Game Time can be increased to x4 while out of combat.
- Game Time no longer pauses on the map screen.
- Right clicking on the map (or pressing control) will set a waypoint at the mouse position for the First Mate to steer to whenever the captain is not at the wheel.
- Clicking on ships and ports on the map shows additional info
- Camera is now stabilised whilst using spyglass or zoom scope
- Mouse speed whilst zoomed is now the same on both axes
- Sea monsters now drop loot instead of directly rewarding gold.
- Fixed an error with nulls in cutscenes
- Boarding: Headshots now do additional damage.
- Boarding: Crew spread out better whilst fighting, colliders improved.
- Peasants no longer sell blank treasure maps.
- Can transfer cargo between ships in warehouse storage
Patch 0.1.2 (28 April 2016)
- Fixed a bug with certain quests that caused save games to fail to load.
- Fixed some Great Ship upgrades costing negative gold.
OSX Installer update (25th April 2016)
- Minor update to offline installer
Patch 0.1.1 (20 April 2016)
- Crew will perform at-sea repairs on the ship whilst out of combat. Repairing damaged sections back to a percentage of their full strength over time. The amount repaired depends on difficulty level: 10% on Hard, 30% on Normal and 50% on Easy of its max structural integrity. This repair also happens immediately on docking, so don’t worry about waiting outside the port to get free repairs before docking.
- Added a character aim sensitivity slider
- Mouse wheel now controls sharpshooter zoom level
- Temporarily hostile ships (friendlies who you have attacked!) will show as orange instead of red
- Added UI to the world information screen to show when there are pages that can be turned.
- Ship Upgrades can be cancelled for a 100% refund (as long as you haven’t left the refit screen)
- Ship upgrades now give a 50% refund when removed (at any other time)
- Gather cargo quests will now give you a sensible price for your cargo (significantly better than just selling them in your current port)
- Hunt and assassinate quests will give a reward more proportionate to the size of ship encountered.
- Courier quests now give a less painfully difficult enemy for early missions.
- Race quests are no longer quite so lucrative.
- Sailing out of the map bounds now has an informative message.
- Pressing ‘L’ will allow you to holster/draw your gun.
- Repeating Handgun reload time increased
- Added an indicator as to camera direction on the minimap
Bugs and fixes:
- Fixed a bug causing a load game hang in some situations
- First mate will no longer sneakily switch from oars to sailing whilst the captain uses the spyglass.
- Fixed some issues with Lost Treasure of Neue Emskrank quest
- Fixed an bug preventing AI from using the hatches on empire ships
- Fixed a navigation bug which caused crew to get stuck inside walls of Greatships
- Added a failsafe timeout for overwhelming boarding victories that wouldn’t end
- Fixed a bug where two AI ships boarding would never end
- Fixed a bug which caused the sails to clip incorrectly
- Fixed camera positions on Wolfship
- Behemoth will no longer follow you to the ends of the earth (aww, such devotion)
- Sea monsters no longer heal themselves whilst diving in some situations
- Searching and finding nothing no longer takes up the whole screen
- Fixed a bug which caused the captain and first mate to stand waist-deep inside the deck.
- AI no longer fires its guns at sinking targets
- Fixed a bug which caused the captain’s weapon to disappear.
- Fixed some issues with the Raiders of Erengrad quest
- Fixed some issues with the Advisor to the Empire quest
- Fixed a bug where trade ships could spawn on top of you after leaving Erengrad in the tutorial
- Objective markers are no longer so crazily huge when seen through the sniper’s scope
- Audio compression changed for dialogue files to improve initial loading speed
- Improved performance of terrain streaming
- Performance improvements for ship smoke
- Fixed some issues with the Fog of War quest
- Fixed an issue which caused the wave physics and display to go out of sync