Patch 1.13.3 (16 August 2018)
- The game now has German localization
- Kings can now create up to 40, rather than 20 Realms
- A problem where the AI could attack an allied human wizard in Realms before the human player could take a turn has been fixed.
- Realm encounter font is now larger when playing in Simplified Chinese
- Brazilian Portuguese "Lore Stories" are now correctly localized
- The missing shop/ gear stats UI elements are now correctly displayed in Simplified Chinese
- "Unfriend"/"Dismiss" button is now localized correctly
- Discord button is now displayed correctly
Patch 1.13.2 (19 December 2017)
Patch 1.13 (10 August 2017)
- added support for GOG Galaxy's overlay
- added support for Russian, Chinese, and Portuguese localisation.
Patch 1.122 (10 October 2016)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and tweaks.
Patch 1.12 (27 September 2016)
New features and major changes:
- Epic staff upgrades: You can upgrade a law, chaos or neutral staff for now (other staff upgrades will be added later). The upgrade is purely visual and you can customise the appearance. [*]Upgrades staffs have additional special effects when wielded.
- Epic gear upgrades: There is an epic gear upgrade for any of your body gear. This is a purely visual upgrade. You can customise the appearance.
- Chaos Mode battles added as an option for duels.
- Ruins special objectives - When you fight a wizard lord in ruins you must collect the gold from chests before you slay the enemy. The amount of gold you can get from ruins is boosted.
- You can set up email notification for asynchronous games.
- New currency - Realm Karma. You earn Realm Karma for being an ally or invader, or for defeating invaders, and for players completing realms you have designed. Spend Realm Karma on social rank progression or Forge Crystals
- Forge Crystals can now be purchased with Gold or Realm Karma.
- You get a reward of 100 Gold and 1 Forge Crystal with each level increase
- Social rank progression is now based on wizard level - 25 for Lord, 50 for King, 100 for - Demigod and 200 for God. Alternatively Realm Karma can be used to directly purchase the next social rank.
- There is a new system for joining realm battles as an ally or invader. Opportunities for invasion or allying now appear as buttons on the right of the screen when you are outside a realm. The game mode (law/chaos) and the rewards are identified.
- The interface is reorganised with a tab system for the major game modes.
- In Classic Chaos mode wizards are now shown with selected gear and equipment, although the stats are for generic staff and bodygear. [*]There is a special effect for when an invader joins a realm battle.
Other Changes and bug fixes.
- There is a visual warning when the turn timer is about to expire.
- League progression stars for each league level reduced by one, making it quicker to reach arch mage level.
- Mana for burning first spell reduced from 9 to 8.
- Bolt tower and air elemental defence increased by 10.
- Talsiman buffs - "Mana Corruptus" (.8 mana per balance shift point, regardless of number of players) and "Mana Mortificum" (4 mana per death in a duel, rather than 3)
- You can now dispel your own (or allied) blob around an enemy creature.
- AI creatures and wizards now obey engagement rules correctly.
- You can now see if your ally's creatures are real or illusion via the tooltip, just like you can with your own creatures.
- There is now a confirmation dialog when dismounting a wizard.
- Baculum Obligo talisman now ensures all spells matching staff start in hand (subject to hand-size constraint, and after Cantio Obligo), rather than just 3 spells.
- Cantio Compositus talisman now adds one new random spell to deck before shuffle and redraw; activation cost increased.
- Bellivent talisman (retreat to void ranged attack) now works while mounted, and is always successful.
- Bestiae Secutus talisman no longer gives a range-bonus to Crystal Wall (Range is still boosted by Cantio Secutus).
- Draws in duel mode no longer reset your duel level.
- Fixed multiple empty or dot messages when activating talismans.
Patch 1.11 (01 August 2016)
- Mega-spell base costs increased slightly. This is to compensate a little for the fact that casting chance/cost of many mega-spells have been improved.
- Law mode starting mana reduced to 20 for first player, 28 for second player.
- Alignment shift values for many spells reduced by around 25-40%. This is designed to benefit neutral spells, and make extreme balance shifts less likely.
- Reduced Duel AI bonus mana awarded for Duel level.
- Increased max wizard level to 9999 (in preparation for new social rank progression).
- Increased re-activation cost increase for megas in law mode from 20% to 25%.
- Fixed a bug causing a player in duel mode to be driven by an AI
- Fixed a bug that caused the law mode tutorial to be unable to progress due to insufficient mana.
- Fixed the potential damage on blobbed/webbed creature healthbars.
- The game will no longer rewind when connect as spectator.
- Handled an error case when selecting a talisman slot and you don't have any more talismans of this type.
- Fixed a bug that caused the first win of the day not to give unique talismans.
- Improved layout of player info panel
- Fixed a bug causing talisman info screen not to be shown in realms.
- The forge activation confirmation dialog now does not show if you don't have enough force crystals.
- You now get an error message when selecting a talisman slot while not having any talismans of this type
- Added time stamp to global chat messages
- Show 'MAP: ' infront of the map name
- Wizard name change dialog fixed
- Magic weapon spell cast shows the name of the target entity in the battle log
- Sorted online players list
Patch 1.10 (26 July 2016)
- Welcome to version 1.10 with dueling and forging! Here’s how it works:
- The new Duel mode pits you against another player, or if none is available an AI controlled wizard.
- Duels are currently fought with Equipped Law mode, but other modes will be added in the near future.
- If you win a duel you get gold and forge crystals, which you can use to unlock the forge to make your own custom gear.
- Each victory increases your reward level, but as soon as you lose a duel the reward level is reset.
- AI controlled wizards get mana bonuses according to your current duel level - so expect them to get tougher!
- There is a special bonus reward for your first Duel victory of the day - a talisman which is guaranteed to be one you don’t yet possess, and some bonus gold and forge crystals
- The cost of unlocking the forge starts at 5 crystals, but this will increase by 5 with each use.
Major changes and improvements:
- Reduce Magic Power of Hellhound and zombies by 10
- Increased mega-spell cost of Rattle of Skeletons
- Convocation of Eagles now quantity 4
- Increased casting chance of many mega-spells, and some activation costs
- Bolt tower Defence increased from 50 to 60
- Increased power of single magical attack spells by 10, increase casting chance of triple magic attacks by 10
- Removed the activation cost increase for Chaos mode
- Raise Hell mega-spell added to a number of staffs, including neutral
- Staffs - all hand sizes reduced by 1 (to compensate for removal of dispel spell)
- Air, speed and creatures staffs have improved stats.
- Bodygear - vigilant deck size -1
- A number of talisman activation costs tweaked a little bit
- Paralyse spell range to 4, mega to 6
- Meteor cascade reduced to 2 hits
- Improved law mode AI
Talisman changes in detail:
- Cantio secutus spell range cost 50 to 40
- Gobelinus cost 25 to 20
- Volaticus Duplus cost 45 to 40
- Garivano cost 22 to 20
- Draugar cost 30 to 25
- Televortis cost 15 to 20
- Exemplum Funus cost 8 to 12
- Megacarmen cost 40 to 45
- Retrigarum cost 40 to 45
- Volaticus Duplus cost 40 to 35
Patch 1.9 (11 July 2016)
- Mana cost of mega-spells increased with each activation - by 20% in law mode, 10% in chaos mode
- In Law mode the amount of mana given per turn depends on the number of wizards left alive in the battle, ranging from 15 for 2 wizards to 8 for 6 wizards.
- The global chat is now separated from the friends list and is accessible from an icon on the lower left of the screen.
- The offline battles now allow up to 6 wizards with team selection and map selection
- Tutorial and Realms now show options for law or chaos mode before starting.
- Inventory items limit increased to 500
- Power of paralyse spell increased slightly
- Meteor Shower now attacks target hex and all surrounding hexes (unless they contain a wizard). Power is reduced slightly.
- Crystal Wall casting chance reduced from 80% to 70%.
- Air Elemental attack increased by 10.
- Fountain of life varies in height properly after uses.
- In law mode, magic attack on wizards correctly shows results of losing spells, and spell description is corrected.
- There are also numerous bug fixes and minor improvements.
Patch 1.8 (24 June 2016)
- A major new feature is added to the game - Law Mode - which removes RNG from spell casting and combat.
- Realm battles can be played in either Law Mode or Chaos Mode (the original system).
- Global chat is now implemented, accessible from friends menu.
Patch 1.7 hotfix (31 May 2016)
- This is a hotfix update that fixes some minor bugs introduced in the previous patch.
Patch 1.7 (27 May 2016)
- Friends list - you can add friends to your friends list by wizard name.
- Realm co-op - invite a friend to help you with a battle while playing realms (ally credits are removed).
- New custom game set-up with lobby system.
- Create public or private games.
- View a list of public games that you can join.
- Game lobby works with asynchronous games as well as live games.
- Up to six players in a custom game.
- Configuration of players and teams - including AI players.
- You can now play co-op vs AI, or have 3 teams of 2 players, or any combination you want.
- Pre-designed maps can now be selected by name.
- Controller support - turn this on in the options screen.
Patch 1.6 (16 March 2016)
- The new update for Chaos Reborn includes 3 awesome new spells:
- Air Elemental: A flying, neutral creature which has a unique push attack. When you attack with the Air Elemental it can push any surrounding enemy away. If it falls off the edge of the terrain it will plummet to its doom.
- Meteor Shower: Rains down a series of meteors at any location. The meteors do not arrive on the turn cast, but in your following turn. Other players know you have cast the spell, but not where it will land. This spell adds an exciting element of bluff and prediction.
- Crystal Wall: A lawful growth spell that can be used offensively and defensively in various ways. A crystal growth is summoned extending four hexes directly away from the casting wizard. Creatures and wizards can be trapped in the wall, but they also get a defensive benefit from it.
- We have also replaced the Dispel spell with a button on the creature information display which allows you to dispel any of your summoned entities for a cost of 5 mana points.
Patch 1.5 (10 February 2016)
- Welcome to the new update for Chaos Reborn. We have some exciting new spells to spice up your battles and refine your strategies, and the introduction of social rank progression. Here is a brief summary of the social rank system:
- Apprentice: All new players start at this level. In order to qualify as a wizard lord you need to reach a certain wizard level and have a significant success either in multiplayer league rankings or an online realm ranking.
- Wizard Lord: As a wizard lord you may submit your wizard to act as an NPC enemy in realms created by wizard kings. If your wizard fights lots of battles and does well in them, then you could get promoted to wizard king.
- Wizard King: You may create realms for other players to adventure in. If you do well at this, you may be promoted to demigod.
- Demigod: The demigod role will be implemented with our next social rank progression update. Demigods will be able to organised guilds and take part in guild competition.
- Promotions occur at the end of each calendar month. It is also possible to be demoted from your social rank if you neglect your duties, although you cannot be demoted in the month following a promotion - so you have at least two months to prove your worth. Also, if you backed the game at a social rank level you can never be demoted below that level.
- Here is a list of changes and updates included in v1.5:
- The first stage of the social rank progression system is in place. You can now ascend the ranks to become a demigod. There is a ‘social ranks’ button on your wizard screen which explains your role and how to qualify for the next rank.
- New Spell - Icarus Tower: A slow moving structure spell that attacks flying creatures only.
- New Spell - Zombie: Summon a pair of undead mutants. If they kill a living creature it will be turned into undead.
- New Spell - Bolt Tower: A static structure that fires a weaker version of the wizards magic bolt.
- New Spell - Paralyse: Paralyse up to 3 targets with this spell.
- Paralyse effect now makes undead vulnerable to attack.
- Initial card burn mana reduced from 9 to 8.
- Spell fail mana bonus increased by +2.
- Starting mana reduced for 2nd, 3rd and 4th players - max starting mana is now 6
- A cursor graphic is added at the terrain/entity under the mouse pointer to make it clear what may be selected. Also useful for counting hex distances. It can be turned off in the options display.
- A height display for the contents of a hex can be turned on in the options display.
Improvements to the wizard icon display in battle (top left of screen). It now shows social rank, bodygear type and team label for team matches.
- Megaspell lists tweaks - more megaspells allowable for a number of staffs, including the addition of new megaspells.
- Staff base stat tweaks.
- In addition, a number of tweaks to Talisman costs, as follows:
- Televortis - base cost: 13 to 15, cumulative additional cost: 3 to 5
- Argento - base cost: 25 to 30
- Romero - base cost: 60 to 68
- Retrigarum - base cost: 33 to 40
- Celeris - base cost: 30 to 35
- Megacarmen - base cost: 35 to 40
- Bellivent - base cost: 10 to 5
- Cantio Compositus - base cost: 5 to 3
- Shadoron - base cost: 15 to 10
- Gobelinus - base cost: 30 to 25
- Invigoratum - base cost: 12 to 10, cumulative additional cost: 3 to 2
- Garivano - base cost: 25 to 22
- Pontacto - base cost: 40 to 35
- Mana Fantisium - mana value: 13 to 15 (divided by number of players)
Patch 1.4 hotfix (27 January 2016)
- fixes a couple of outstanding bugs.
Patch 1.4 (22 January 2016)
- Your wizard will now resurrect only on wizard towers that have been visited.
- Fixed a bug that caused movement in realms to lock up if a marauder spawns in the same day the king reinforces his lords.
- Fixed a data corruption problem with offline realms.
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes when getting items from realms.
- Enabled designer notes for 'Development' realms in the realm editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused the trading of talismans in offline mode to fail.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash if you enter a realm when it expires (you are the 2000th adventurer).
- Fixed the previous/current season and equipped/classic league selection in the rankings screen.
- Fixed a bug where dead companion is not processed properly by encounter on the same tile as an enemy wizard lord.
- Fixed the position of the animated card back.
- Fixed the camera jitter on battle start.
- Hide creature buff indicators when the creature is not in idle state.
- Fixed the spell stats in the battle info screen and creature info screen.
- Properly scale the staff in the creature/wizard info screen in battles.
- Fixed the sinking of the camera when tracking wizard death.
- Don’t show the select-next-unit button when the AI moves and don't snap the battle log to the bottom when the playback interface is active.