Update 24839 (18 April 2019)
- Change to assert message for running out of solutions.
- Fix to estate summary bug with district buttons and controller.
- Fix to districts blocking character sheet input with controller.
- Fix for Fanatic's background offset bug
- Fix to heroes not having combat_end buffs cleared on retreat.
- Fix for shards collected amount not showing up on raid results screen
- Fix roster scrolling w/ controller at high fps
- Fix to monster AOE Friendly skills not working with one 2 slot monsters and 2 1 slot monsters.
- Add command line argument to disable monster preloading. If you have white box issues please try this, but please note it will cause the game to stutter at battle start
- Additional heart attack variables cleared. Fixes stress relief activities for heroes that died of a heart attack when lost in time and space.
- Doubled the default allocated resources.
Patch 24787 (19 December 2018)
- Fix to an activity log crash with Chinese font.
- Fixed a typo in in Ghoul_B brain, deafening whine is now skull toss
- Changed Bone Bearer’s Unholy Rally skill to prevent over-summoning.
- Fix to Hag soft lock and various errors
- Fixed a bug where act out comments would prevent heart attacks and afflictions on the pyre or in the cauldron.
- Fix to battle saving stall and consecutive crit / dodge battle variables.
- Using just one pop up font for Korean. Fixes missing pop up characters in Koreanb.
- Fix to ignore stealth tag on aoe monster skills.
- Reordered skill side effects with unselecting skill so that selection remains during side effects (fixes restraining padlock trinket’s stress damage reduction on party)
- Fix to invalidate stall skill flag not being used with some enemy-targeting low damage skills (i.e. Man-at-arms’ Bellow)
- Updated corpses to not prevent stall acceleration.
- District controller support added. Open districts with “Square” button.
- Controller: Show inventory frame on empty items in the raid inventory.
- DLC related: Added Shieldbreaker, Flagellant and Musketeer upgrade overrides for different modes.
- Added ignore_stealth to Shrieker skills to avoid stealthed hero exploit. (Sorry, not sorry)
- Fix to hero ai (siren, random command act out ) not taking stealth into account with aoe.
- Additional ignore_stealth improvements to Vvulf & Ancestor
- Mod support: Added “Was Hit” trinket effects
- Mod support: Fix to mod compatibility with duplicate trinket rarities.
The Crimson Court
- Fix to prisoner room crashes and errors.
- Fix to Countess egg error in graveyard
- Hook up tooltip to infestation banner with controller.
- Fix to icon tooltip for infestation banner.
- Typo fix to graveyard entry for death by drinking blood
The Color of Madness
- Fixed a bug where skills wouldn’t refresh between 2 wave raids
- Fix to death effects not showing up when waves get cleared.
- Fixed bug where threshold rewards were no longer properly awarded
- Endless Harvest now gives out xp and rewarded quirks have been updated
- Endless Rewards are given out even if haven't "completed" the quest
- Added quirks rewards at end of Endless when reaching at least first threshold
- Fix to skip curio / proceed wave overlay positions.
- Fix to Color of Madness kill count achievements being off by one.
- Enabled Hot area for Party Position to proceed. (Walking to the edge of the ‘room’ will allow you to proceed like normal dungeons when using controllers )
Patch 24357 (16 August 2018)
- This update contains some significant changes to Endless Harvest brought about by feedback and observation.
- It’s important to us that Endless Harvest is an exciting, tense experience. Some of the balance and structure in the first deployment make it possible to advance through what we consider an excessive amount of kills (1000+!) which results in a drawn out experience lacking some of the tension and excitement that we feel is vital. These changes have been made to try to keep the experience “punchy”, while still retaining that incentive and challenge of bettering your kill counts...without requiring a dozen or more hours for a single deep run. We hope that you find them to be good changes for the long term health of the mode, just as we do!
Introducing Color of Madness Endgame Conditions!
- Once you have progressed beyond 200 Kills, the shimmering space-time of the corrupted Farmstead takes on an endgame condition, called a “Reflection.” These are mutators that increase the difficulty of the quest in different ways from that point onward.
- Unbearable Reflection:
- Heroes: +33% Stress Dmg Received
- Heroes: -33% Stress Heal
- Monsters: +4 SPD
- Reflection of Decay:
- Heroes: -50% Healing
- Monsters: +15% PROT
- Monsters: +25% Stun Resist
- Monsters: +25% Debuff Resist
- Sanguine Reflection:
- Heroes: -8% Deathblow Resist
- Monsters: +7.5% Crit
- Monsters: +3 SPD
- Reflection Obscura:
- Heroes: -20% Stress Damage Received (a boon!)
- Heroes: -20% Healing
- Monsters: +10% PROT
- Monsters: +25% Damage
- These conditions stack on top of other Light conditions already present in whatever room you are present in the Farm or Space and Time.
Battle Limit Skill Refreshments in Endless Harvest:
- Battle Limited skills with battle-long durations were balanced for the normal game structure. In Endless Harvest, this resulted in them being overpowered because a given combat lasts much longer than a normal 4-monster combat.
- Now in Endless Harvest, Battle Limited skills don’t refresh until the end of a given wave group instead of refreshing after each wave. This helps with the balance and creates some tension around when you should pop and lock those Leper combos.
- Shard Dust, however, now carries the additional benefit of refreshing battle limited skills on an individual heroes. This is a zany idea that we think can be compelling and give you some additional tactical options. Of course, don’t hit that dust too much, or it will leave the hero worn out.
- Japanese Localization added for Darkest Dungeon, The Crimson Court, and The Shieldbreaker. (The Color of Madness is coming).
- SOME SAY THAT CRITSMAS WENT TOO FAR. (Critsmas was when we increased crit %s AND added the OnCrit Buffs for each hero.) They are basically right. We have tweaked a number of crit values (skills, trinkets) down a bit to account for those OnCrit Buffs that were a late addition. Crits are still net+ from pre-Color of Madness release.
- Total Scouting chance can now be seen as a tooltip on the Quest Provision screen.
- Shambler loot increased
- Champion Bone Courtiers should drop their special Chalice more often now
- Moved Laudanum glossary entry to base game (from CC)
- Fix to crash when killing siren with controlled hero with reflect damage.
- Swinetaur brain improvements: hooked PIG SPEAR back up (it went missing!) and improved logic of Trot Retreat
- Added buff/debuff+ icons to quest length duration buffs/debuffs.
- Fix to double riposte overriding corpse crit clear.
- Fix to centered icons swapping sides.
- Carrion eater ACC++ on their main attacks
- Fix to alpha curio bug in battle.
- Leper crit tuning
- reworded Help strings referencing Retreat Flag to say "Retreat Icon (which looks like an "X")"
- Fix for quest generation that was creating too many quests in individual dungeons
- Town buffs and debuffs now use the new Buff+ and Debuff+ icons.
- Add ability to modify combat speed in the rules file.
- Fix to removing mortality debuff camping skills and the has had heart attack flag cleared.
- Riposte now won't trigger attack additional effects.
- Game now saves every time you sell a trinket.
- Fix to dead hero save load exploit.
- Fix to heart attack save load exploit.
- Mini-map will no longer auto center when scouting if you have the map_follow_party option set to off.
- Adjusted Torch Tooltip zones to account for when there is a light meter or not.
- Fixing loading issue where some spine_fx were missing (blood_splatter specifically)
- Fixing loading issue where some spine_fx were missing (blood_splatter specifically)
- Fix to swinatuar brains and trot retreat fixes.
- Fix to journal crash if you uninstall dlc.
- Added monster size check to unholly rally when corpses are disabled.
- Reduced active area of realm inventory by removing empty background.
- Arb/Musk fix to stagecoach chances for cases where user doesn't have Musketeer installed
- Fix to Virtue Hero avoidance in several monster attacks (brains)
- Added ability to specify clickable area of button
- Fix to shambler ambush bug
- Retroactively giving the In Such Haste achievement
- Fixed a bug that affected specific encounter bgs (ie. Fanatic and Shieldbreaker Nightmares)
- Fix to mashes being cleared from traps that spawn battles.
- Fixing pop up props associated with heros to be drawn with the hero instead of after the fact.
- Fixes spawn monster effect rendering in front of summoner during summon.
- Fixed retreat raid button from popping up during teleport
- Updated localization
- Adjusted Infestation - Players have consistently reported some dissatisfaction around the number of Bloodsucker spawns in dungeons during periods of High Infestation. In order to better preserve each dungeon’s identity, High Infestation has had the following adjustments:
- Overall amount of hallway Bloodsucker encounters reduced, so as to not overwhelm a dungeon’s native population.
- Egg Sac curios appear at High Infestation, allowing players an opportunity to opt-in to a Bloodsucker fight and farm Blood and Invitations.
- Fixed a typo on CC Bleed Res Debuff 5 (ie. Champion monsters will now correctly apply bleed resistance debuffs to some of their attacks.)
- Fix to countess not showing skill names on transforms
- We have been concerned to see feedback that some players believe the Shieldbreaker flashback battles are never-ending and therefore the SB isn’t given as much value as she deserves. We’ve implemented a few things to help communicate that there are only 7 flashbacks and they only need passed once. (Not once per recruited SB.)
- Added a tutorial for flashbacks.
- Flashbacks now have a 50% chance of happening on a given quest.
- The Shieldbreaker will now bark to warn the player of an impending nightmare before resting.
- Once the 7 flashbacks have been completed, all Shieldbreakers get a free restful sleep buff each time they camp!
- Fix to controller exploit with flashbacks and ambush.
- Fix to being able to retreat from a flashback.
- Fix to immediately switching to room after not ambush camp and be visible sitting.
The Color of Madness
- Reflections (see above)
- Change to Battle Limited skill refreshment while in Endless Harvest (see above)
- Wave spawned monsters now are placed more intelligently. (Front rank monsters will more reliably be placed in front; back rank monsters will more reliably be placed in back.)
- Revised length of post-Spire wavepools for new Endless Harvest rules. (Each wave group is shorter now.)
- Fix sorting of shard recruits.
- Remove raid buffs when dying and going to time and space.
- Remove plot quest required quirk heroes (shard recruits) from being calculated in hero level requirement for town events (vulf).
- Added refreshing of skills in curio rooms
- Abomination has an exception for his transformation
- Shard dust refreshes skills when used
- Remove roster limit quirk heroes ( shard recruits ) from being included in goals.
- Adding colour_grades to monster art files. In particular Galaxy and Spire.
- Geologic Study hall should no longer increase stacking of Tapestries and Antiquarian treasures
- Fix to torch settings persisting after death in time and space.
- Added Kill Count to Wave UI
- Lowered Thing roaming icon on quest select screen to reduce overlap on 4th position quest icons above it
- FIXED bug where once you've finished endless, game would reroll quests everytime you start it
- Remove map references from help menu in wave raid.
- Remove quest modifier buffs when you die and go to time and space.
- Thing debuffs don't apply if the attack misses
- Thing persists after retreat (you can't retreat to then roll a new encounter)
- Fixed "preferred" typo in game code.
- Fix to skill Refresh pop text.
- Adjusted Shamblers encountered in the Farmstead to be equivalent to fighting at 0 light.
- Updated miller success/defeat strings
- Added controller support for nomad wagon and stagecoach for shard activities.
- Fixed bug w/ crystal overlays
- Sleeper's caretaker goal should now function correctly
- Increased Crystal Aberrations stun resist 400 from 200 (This is to prevent it from surviving until wave reinforcement, resulting in bugs)
- Fixed and issue around reloading a save during a turn where multiple Crystal Aberrations self-destructed resulting in one of the crystal surviving and causing an assert with wave reinforcements.
- You can disable new Virtue loss at high stress and return to legacy system through an entry in Rules.json ("virtue_can_lose_from_stress" : false)
- Added tag based quirk evolution duration buff.
- Added a cure disease effect
- Add variable to disable buff description.
- Ability to have additional mashes based on quirk tags
- Fix to mod support bug where hp dot duration percent mods where not being applied.
- Added ability for multi target effects to have individual rolls on targets
Patch 24149 (27 July 2018)
- Corrected some Korean Localization bugs
- Added missing strings for all languages
Patch 24121 (27 July 2018)
- The Collector: Man At Arms head now has a damage + stun attack. Vestal head now has a damage + stress attack. Also they should augment the offensive Dismas head better. This should make Collector less exploitable for stalling.
- Updated monster brains: Post-virtue stress matters again, modified brain desires so stress target preferences can still target virtuous heroes. Improved handling of stun attacks vs already stunned targets.
- Added an activity log entry for when The Shrieker adds new trinkets to his collection of baubles.
- Fix to monster spawn fx not going away in code.
- Fix to fix restore party order when clicking the skip curio button.
- Shadow Fade no longer battle limited. Buffs adjusted accordingly (reduce duration on 1, reduce crit on other)
- Drowned captain move resist boosted to 200+
- Fix to default multiply of damage add buffs.
- Increase string sizes of tooltips for trinkets and effects.
- Removed blood splatter from seasoning attack
- Updated swinetaur brain
- Non-removable debuffs (debuffs resistant to Herbs) now have a unique icon.
- Small Flesh Eaters HP+, now accelerate stall since they are weak mobs
- Big Flesh Eater toughened up: more HP, more PROT, and attack does more dmg, brain tweak to attack more after marking
- Focus Ring small nerf
- Fix to Vulf bombs not going away.
- Update to brains to fix when counting guarded monsters and has corpses.
- Updated vestal judgement and judgement_target fx
- Centered tray icons.
- Fix to town progression goals.
- Fix to trinket dragging crash.
- Show battle limit and health requirements for skills in the guild
- Added battle limit and health percentage validation check for tooltip length of combat skills.
- Condensed Leper defend tooltips.
- Fix to skill based buffs that are about friendly skills that do not heal aka “musical” quirk.
- Fix to saves being loaded with improper interactions variable set.
- Fix to target hp buff rules not taking the targets max hp into account for calculating percent.
- Fix to death trinket effects when camping and during heart attack.
- Turned off monster spawn FX for some monsters and bosses.
- Fix to crit buff icon not updating.
- Fix to quirks interfering with debuff plus icon.
- Fix to dots causing plus debuff icon.
- Fix to debuff icon not updating.
- Singleton quirks cannot be locked. (Prevents useless spend of cash)
- Fixed some missing strings (English for now)
- Fixed bug where hero/monster selector temporarily appeared after friendly timescript
- New short animations for non emphasis curio interactions
- Obsidian blade trinket now actually obsidian.
- Guarantee her trinkets if you lose them.
The Color of Madness
- Optimized the loading for wave dungeons and audio streaming; this should resolve many of the “infinite loading” issues owners with low spec machines.
- The Sleeper has been added as miniboss, can now reappear once you get past the initial phase of The Endless Harvest plot quest.
- The Crocodillian has been added to The Farmstead as a potential boss. (You do not need to own Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court DLC for him to appear. OUR PLEASURE :)
- The Collector has been added to The Farmstead as a potential boss.
- Fixed combat duration bug with coat at arms.
- added crit to horse trample
- farm spacetime animation for sleeper boss fight
- Provision boxes sometimes are empty (endless harvest supply balancing)
- new wavepools in recurring section for testing in COMING IN HOT
- Now only loading incoming dungeons
- next step could be to only load boss if it's only a boss mash or mashes if it's a mash encounter
- Fix to miller wife restore curio loop.
- Remove high score tooltip.
- wave bgs for monsters weren't being updated
- Fix to wave transition barks.
- Fix to duplicate trinket bug with endless.
- Shard Mercs now take their 10% cut regardless if they survive the run or not.
- shard merc clarification: doesn't take up roster spot (ENGLISH only)
- Fix to various narration issues around curio rooms.
- Fix to torch settings not being applied in space.
- Fix to various background and boss/miniboss selection and loading.
- Fix to reflect damage causing corpses on crit ripostes.
- spendorous light: Virtue check bonus reduced some
- Added stun skill desire.
- All skills with stun are now stun_skill
Patch 23941 (06 July 2018)
- Fix of a blurred countdown overlay
- Various fixes and polish to animations for Color of Madness content
- Districts panel tutorial event.
- Added new Endless Quest reward art
- Fix to progression goals in first two com quests.
- Enemies killed achievement now uses the direct wave logic kill count during evaluation - fixes problem where aberrations are logged as kills.
- Generate heroes if time doesn't progress to the amount of in time and space heroes
- Fix rarity error on base game.
- The Thing now also drops gold
- Limit the amount of backup stage coach recruits to 4.
- Fix to error in base game for missing shard texture in activity log.
- Fix to music background index.
- Remove unused wave logic bug.
- Autogenerate quests when you have different amount of plotquests then the last time you played.
- Added validation for kill self effects.
- Palegic Guardian’s Cestus now launches from all ranks
- Updated missing FMOD libs.
- Herbs no longer clear debuff left from Finale (Jester)
- Buffs no longer tick after bonus initiative turns.
- Fixed trot retreat fmod error
- Farm location tooltip on quest select.
- Fixed a bug where upon reloading Death’s Door debuffs would come back if cleared before quitting.
- Hag can now appear in Endless Harvest
- Front Rank 2-slot AOE tuning: Hew, Rake, Zealous Acc
- Nomad Wagon immediately unlocked when reaching hamlet.
- Added and updated various tutorials and town events
- Spire fight tune up and brain adjustments
Patch 23917 (06 July 2018)
- Added the remaining missing localization for all languages
Patch 23898 (06 July 2018)
- More Activity Log fixes
- Fix to save crash in endless wave
- Nomad Wagon and Stagecoach crashes
Patch 23886 (21 June 2018)
- Fixed a crash and issues around using the Default Party Order button
- Attempting a fix for the issue with Campaign Activity Log’s resetting or losing weeks.
- FIxed an Error around Missing Mashes
Patch 22830 (21 June 2018)
- Disabled Anonymous Data Collection
- Removed Enable Anonymous Data Collection option from the Game Menu
Patch 21142 (03 November 2017)
- Fix to tutorial quit out to campaign crash.
- Fix to activity tooltip offset bugs.
- Fix to recovery tray tooltips.
- Fix to riposte tooltip.
- Fix to prop difficulty variants not working.
- Fix to cut off tooltips from tray icons.
- Fix to russian max characters crash.
- Removed ? and replaced with X for non quest items with a quest curio.
The Crimson Court
- Clear vampire on dead heroes from town events.
- Shieldbreaker translation .locs (Misc & SB tables) // NOTE: Still missing subtitles and some glossary items. Will be added as soon as we get them back.
- Fix to flashback crash.
- Fix to teleport bugs from flashback abomination fix.
- Fix to curios being wiped by flashbacks.
- Fix to restoring in flashback room battle goal bug.
- Fix to torchlight not appearing after finishing a restored flashback.
- Fix to abomination not switching out of beast mode in flashback fails.
Patch 21071 (27 October 2017)
- The DLC is currently only available in English but we are working on the translations! The rest of our supported languages (Simplified Chinese, German, Russian, French, Italian, Spanish, Czech, Polish, and Brazilian PR) will be available in a few days. We currently estimate Tuesday Oct 31 but will keep you updated! We apologize for the inconvenience and are working as fast as we can on this!
The Shieldbreaker DLC - Now Available!
- Hailing from the distant windswept dunes of the east, the Shieldbreaker arrives in the Hamlet! Deadly as a viper, her iron will has been forged in the heat of the blazing desert sun. Though outwardly demure, her emancipation from the barren wastes came at a price so terrible, it haunts her dreams even now...
- The Shieldbreaker is a powerful ally in the fight to reclaim the Estate and banish the evil that squats in the Darkest Dungeon. A highly-tactical hero with solid damage dealing capability, she truly excels when countering monsters with high protection and those who guard their allies. Her movement, speed, and targeted abilities make her a valuable ally for dismantling intractable monster groups. Though relatively low health, the Shieldbreaker is yet highly survivable in short bursts thanks to her Aegis shield.
- New Feature: Curio Tracker
- As you interact with curios in the game, you will see icons on the items in your inventory that will help you remember which ones yielded positive or negative results! This feature will allow you to build up your own knowledge base of curio hints through experience!
- You can turn this function off in the Gameplay Options. (Default is set to ON)
- New Combat Mechanic: Stealth. Stealthed monsters cannot be targeted by direct attacks unless that attack has the Bypass Stealth quality. Stealth generally lasts for the first 2 rounds of combat. Stealthed monsters can be hit with indirect attacks such as AOE.
- These Monsters have been given Stealth beginning at Veteran level:
- Brigand Fusilier
- Brigand Hunter
- Pelagic Shaman
- Bone Soldier
- Swine Slasher
- These Skills have been given Bypass Stealth and De-Stealth. In other words, the attacks can hit stealthed monsters AND pull those monsters out of stealth.
- SHIELDBREAKER (see DLC)
- Highwayman: Tracking Shot
- Arbalest/Musketeer: Rallying Flare
- This skill now targets one enemy to remove stealth, while still granting its original party buffs.
- Antiquarian: Flash Powder
- Occultist: Vulnerability Hex
- Leper: Intimidate
- Added a Mute when Game Window is not focused option
- Fix to crashing when backing out of difficulty option when creating a new game.
- Controller Support Fixes
- Improved menu controller support to save location of option category you were last on.
- Fix to selecting dlc / mods on lower profiles with controller.
- Fix confirm dlc button use with controller on lower profiles.
- Fix to Siren controlling a hero when dying by dot bug.
- Fix to Final Boss not transforming brain bug.
- Rebalanced Brigand Pounder PROT and HP mix because of The Shieldbreaker, while retaining overall difficulty vs all other existing heroes.
- Fix to saving of hero turns at the start of non first round.
- Fix to blocking camping eating when you have no food consumption.
- Fix double heal during hunger event.
- Fix torch tooltip title string.
- Fix to slot reorder bug in quest select.
- Fix to rare corrupted save bug
- Fixed invalid dungeon crash when loading quests.
- Only living monsters can capture heroes, applies to riposte kills on hag, fanatic against capture skills. (i.e. Riposte killing the Fanatic as he attempts to capture caused the hero to be added to the pyre without the fight ending/lifelinking the pyre correctly)
- Fix to permissive never again virtue chance debuff never being applied in the darkest dungeon.
- Fixed tooltip bug where LOW DMG was being shown without %
The Crimson Court
- Deaths from traps in the Courtyard now properly show up in the graveyard.
Patch 20645 (29 September 2017)
- Fixed stun surprise softlock
- Simplified Chinese added
Patch 20578 (25 September 2017)
- Fix to curio results soft lock bug.
Patch 20547 (19 September 2017)
- Fix to crash when you are in an activity that is no longer valid and leave a dungeon.
- Fix to missing actor fx crash.
- Fix to hunger and trinket loot death bug
- Fix to losing turns when quitting out of battle
- Fix to drag torch infinite use exploit
- Remove actor dots on retreat.
- Fix to inability to use an item during the loot window of a curio bug.
- Fix to corvids curiosity quirk description in sanitarium.
- Fix to visuals on shuffle skills
- Fix the alerts not showing up.
- Fix to Vvulf soft lock.
- When using controller put all the quests on one line if there is more then the number of quests per row.
- Fix to being able to use gold and heirlooms on curios.
- Update buffs after resetting hp after a raid.
- Save and restore consecutive stun counts.
- Fixed to monster stun resist incrimination when you retreat from battle.
- Restore stun visuals when restoring a save with a stunned monster in it.
- Fix to stunning already stunned monsters incrementing the stun counter.
- Fix to first turn of battle being lost by quitting.
- Fix to crash when buff is no longer valid.
- Fix to battle turn order saving bug.
- Fix to saving of hero turns at the start of non first round.
- Fix to blocking camping eating when you have no food consumption.
- Fix double heal during hunger event.
- Fix torch tooltip title string.
- Fixed invalid dungeon crash when loading quests.
- Only living monsters can capture heroes, applies to riposte kills on hag, fanatic against capture skills.
- Fix to final boss transforming brain bug.
The Crimson Court
- Fix to baron crash when summoning / switching when full.
- Fix to courtesan shuffle party effect so it happens after the timescript and only once.
- Fix to curtain being obvious bug in baron fight.
- Countess fixes
- Viscount balance pass
- Fixed memory leak in spine skeleton.
Patch 20326 Translation Update (14 July 2017)
- Fix to being unable to enter a door immediately after unlocking
- We have just hotfixed to patch in all missing translations for currently supported languages. This captures all the new text added in last Thursday's patch as well as a few other strings that were missing translations.
- Note: We are currently evaluating what it will take to add Simplified Chinese and Korean to the game and plan to have more news available soon
Patch 20326 (12 July 2017)
The Crimson Court
- Note: Some of the few remaining Crimson Court text strings are currently being translated--in particular, some of the subtitles. We expect to post those new translations in a few days.
- New ‘Gather the Blood’ quest: the Courtyard will now regularly proc a quest that does not require an invitation. You can reliably loot bottles of The Blood in crates here, and get some practice against the Courtyard enemies.
- Reduced blood drops some due to new blood farming quest. Will continue to monitor blood supply metrics.
- Crimson Curse proc rates from monsters reduced somewhat.
- Curse Contagion chances increased in buildings - make sure to properly quarantine!
- It's now possible to have two Rat Carcass trinkets in your Estate at once - delicious!
- Fanatic now drops “The Cure”, a consumable which can remove the Crimson Curse from an affected hero. The fanatic’s loot table was also punched up up with a bunch of cheddar (crests).
- Courtyard bosses no longer give the curse since they're going to wipe it anyway if/when you beat them.
- Implemented a first pass at reducing party stoppages when transitioning Curse states. This should smooth out the gameplay significantly. We’ll continue to monitor.
- Refined Curse act-outs and stat changes to create more identity at each stage.
Main Game Misc and/or Crimson Court Bugs:
- Updated idle animations for Plague Doctor
- Shrieker Steal Trinkets event now properly set to post-week 42. Other
- Shrieker event now restored to previous settings as desired.
- fix to masochistic camping meal balk (string name errors)
- added a max currency of 2 billion (2000000000) so as to stop roll over problems
- replaced missing strings
- Death's door debuffs should no longer disappear after restarting game in a battle
- Double checks that districts have been unlocked in the case where saving failed (actual case of this happening)
- Fix to controller not having campaign selected by default.
- Fix to missing sfx on warning confirms.
- Fixing tray display overlay problem
- if hero receives 0 dmg, no longer checks death's door and treats it as if no damage was taken at all. Still displays 0 in game
- localization string update, adding the '+' symbol to positive dmg and crit mods
- making sure subtitles play when the narration system isn't initialized.
- Remove flavor text description in sanitarium and activity log when explicit buff description is active.
Patch 20229 (04 July 2017)
- Last night, overzealous gremlins took a large foam bat to Jingles the Jester, leaving him dazed, reeling, and about to break.
- Today, after great popular demand, Jingles is able to once again bring down the house with a rousing Finale (though still not as earth shatteringly-quickly as he could during his popular setlist from two+ days ago).
- Base damage bonus: 50%
- Crit chance restored (though still lower than previous incarnations)
Patch 20222 (04 July 2017)
- Increased max available Quests by 1: more choices!
- First pass on tuning curio interaction delays, bark times, and other stuff to help speed up delays.
- Shrieker steal event will now only happen after week 40 and will only happen once per campaign.
- Jester’s Finale Skill Redesign (and Related)
- Finale was too effective at one-shotting mobs without any real downside or lasting cost. Skill has been redesigned to preserve the intent as a powerful big mob finisher, which takes time and setup to achieve maximum power.
- Battle limit of 1
- Finale cannot crit
- Finale accuracy increased greatly
- Dramatically reduced base damage.
- Finale leaves a 12 round DEF debuff, to represent exhaustion.
- Other jester moves (“Dirk Stab”, “Inspiring Tune”, “Battle Ballad”) give a 7 round +20% stackable damage buff to Finale.
- Accuracy increased
- Battle Limit 2
- Gives a 7 round +50% stackable damage buff to Finale.
- NOTE: we want Finale to still feel awesome and vital, but it was wrecking the balance. We’ll be monitoring feedback on this redesign and will tune more if necessary to ensure it’s a valuable skill...but not toooooo valuable.
- Puppet Theatre cost increased and damage bonus decreased
- Reducing new Buff/Debuff Narration VO to be much more rare.
- Fixed Monster attacks that could give incompatible quirks and crash the game.
- Fixed Quirks being able to evolve while you are treating them.
- Sped up several Cove Monsters Animations slightly (Now more they look more menacing!)
- Fixed Equipping Trinkets out of the loot window.
- Updated Man-at-Arms, Highwayman, and Vestals combat idle animations
- Compressed some Tool-tip Strings (MaA Retribution)
- Fixed from self heal skills not being able to trigger narration.
- Standardized crit chances of heals.
- Tooltip Formatting and UI fixes
- Various string fixes
The Crimson Court
- The Blood now stacks at 6
- Bosses now award an Invite for the the subsequent boss (if you have already generated a boss quest this effect won’t appear until you start the next one.)
- Removed Initial Heal amount on Restoration Pop Text (Should no longer show a 0)
- Fixed Bloodmoon death limit
- Fixed Crimson Court Set Trinket rarity(Should now also trigger the correct Shrieker fight when stolen)
- Shield is now stun immune
- Increased HP/Prot slightly
- Small increase to laser damage
- Fixed the Courtyard appearing locked on the Quest Select screen..
- Shortened infestation 2 and 3 top end variability
- Fixed to curios breaking when in Boss rooms. (Chest in Countess room should now correctly give players the Green Key)
- Viscount and Crocodilian can no longer critically heal (See, we do nice things sometimes)
- Fix to hero initiatives being lost when Viscount feeds.
- Fixed quirks/affliction curio interaction with the key chests. (Reynauld can no longer steal your CC quest keys, lol)
- Added Subtitles for Crimson Court cinematics. (Only English for now, Localization on the way)
Patch 20131 (04 July 2017)
- Fixed bug involving the Trinket menu fading.
- Fixed Raid end Quirk replacements from not appearing
- Fixed Quirks not obeying defined rules for incompatibility. (Don’t worry you can still be a Gambler and a Known Cheat)
- Fixed combat skill switching after targeting, can target incorrectly.
- Fixed missing strings (Hopefully that’s all of them)
The Crimson Court
- Added embark warning for first Courtyard quest.
- Fixed Quirks unlocking/replacing on Cursed characters
- Fixed Curse “Resist” pop-up appearing for characters who are already Cursed.
Patch 20105 (23 June 2017)
- Mac and PC performance improvements: Please let us know if you were having problems and this solves it for you!
- Virtuous resistance buffs increased: may heroic heroes continue to carry the day!
- Madman: Accusation now causes horror instead of simple stress
- Updated Occultist and Crusader combat idle
- Fix to controller crash in embark screen when unequipping all your trinkets.
- Fix to quirk replacement.
The Crimson Court
- Fanatic: Righteous Condemnation base damage reduced
- Holy Stake base damage reduced, marked target dmg reduced
- Brand Tainted crit chance removed
- Beat Down base damage reduced, crit chance increased
- Fury of the Righteous base damage reduced, stress AOE reduced
- Fanatic Pyre: corrected insane damage error at Champion level (OUR BAD)
- Blueprints are now retroactively awarded for Veteran and Champion boss kills when converting older save files and unlocking the Districts.
- Districts only accessible on the main Hamlet screen. (No longer can be opened on Embark/Provisions)
- Fixed bug where people get kicked out of raids when turning on DLC.
- Activity contagion has proper backdrop in activity log
- Fixed strings
Patch 20092 (23 June 2017)
- Significantly increased blood drop rates (in some cases doubling)
Patch 20074 (23 June 2017)
The Crimson Court DLC:
- Added missing translations. (About 10% of the Crimson Court text was still in English only.)
- With very few exceptions, all text in the DLC should now be translated to the current 9 languages. (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Br-Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Czech.)
- Note: We are reviewing other languages to translate to.
Patch 20063 (23 June 2017)
- Correct Shamblers and Collectors to be proper difficulty for Veteran and Champion quests
- For now, heroes will not retreat from battle when afflicted (we may improve this functionality later)
The Crimson Court
- More Castellans (who drop Invites) will appear for Baron Quest at High Infestation.
- Core region blood drops slightly increased (note: yesterday we increased overall blood drops from Bloodsucker mashes)
- Croc: decreased HP some and removed Cure Self on Submerge for Apprentice and Veteran level
- Infestation schedules shortened, especially the first one
Patch 20048 (23 June 2017)
- Various String Fixes
- New Ancestor Narration lines properly hooked up, as well as reducing the frequency of the new Heal Narration lines.
The Crimson Court
- Sanguine Vintners now properly adds 2 blood to your hamlet inventory each week.
- Added animations to the banners around the hamlet.
- Slightly increased BLOODSUCKER and specifically CASTELLAN appearance rates on High Infestation (Should result in more Invitations)
- Increase to Blood drop rates (note: we intend for blood to be somewhat rare, but not "frustratingly rare". We will continue to monitor it!)
- The Baron Quest Icon now colored to correct indicate its Dungeon Tier (L3/Veteran)
- CRASH FIX for our Spanish players who are using Districts (lo siento…)
- Reduced the MAX WEEKS of LOW INFESTATION by 1 (You should hit Medium infest sooner)
- Added Use Limits to Torches in the Courtyard and Blood on Cursed Characters. (Can no longer spam torches/blood for buffs in combat)
- Fixed some of the +DMG skill modifiers for specific monster types.
- Chevaliers will no longer pass turns when standing behind three corpses. (silly bugs!)
- Crocodilian now Cures Bleed/Blight when submerging
- Various String Fixes
Patch 19990 (20 June 2017)
- Flagellant now won't appear in stagecoach until proper event
- Fixed Spanish language crash caused by viewing Flagellant character panel
- Fixed bug causing too much blood to drop from Courtyard mobs
- Update Bloodmoon compatibility.
- Fix to Bloodmoon Death/Week limits not displaying
- Viscount: added Cure Self right before Absorb when eating meals
- Fanatic now correctly always surprises party
- Update to narration to load narration with json to make sure loading screen narration exists.
- Misc string fixes
Patch 19968 (20 June 2017)
- Greetings! Along with the Crimson Court DLC launch, we have made a variety of improvements and updates to the core game, which will be available to all users.
- Ok, straight up we know you want detailed patch notes. We love making them. But with everything going on around the DLC launch, we couldn’t bring ourselves to go back through every commit log from the past 5 months for the base game. We might’ve forgotten some stuff. Call us lazy, call us exhausted. We’re sorry, and we love you.
- Character class balancing and adjustments! Highlights include Crusader’s Bulwark of Faith, Highwayman’s Tracking Shot and Open Vein, Bounty Hunter’s Hook and Slice (Now, Caltrops!), Leper’s Intimidate, and maybe the biggest of all: Occultist’s Wyrd Reconstruction (now usable in any rank!).
- Comprehensive trinket re-balancing: you’ll notice not only stat changes, but rarity/tiering changes as well for some trinkets. Thanks to Maester Silvio for his contributions!
- Added Horror (Stress DOT) to a few monsters sprinkled around the dungeons...
- Added Laudanum -a powerful tonic to combat Horror, available at a Provisioner near you.
- Revised improper quest rewards for Cove boss quests to give higher rewards.
- Inexplicably, you can now enter the dungeon with less than a full party. We advise against it!
- New Affliction act-outs! Experience the mayhem and tomfoolery of characters attacking each other and sometimes rarely even forcing a retreat! (Don’t hate us too much.)
- High torchlight levels now properly grant dodge bonus to heroes.
- Combat skill tooltip optimization
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Soundtrack: We have updated the Soundtrack to include all new tracks from the Crimson Court at no charge. Thanks to our composer, Stuart Chatwood, for this! If you haven’t purchased the Soundtrack, get on that!
HERE’S TO YOU
- Your support of Darkest Dungeon has been integral to our continued success, and we at Red Hook wanted to thank you from the bottom of our black hearts. We hope you’ll consider picking up the Crimson Court DLC, and experience all the new horrors we’ve cooked up, along with the Flagellant playable hero, and the new Districts Hamlet upgrade system. We’re passionate about our game, and are excited to continue to support and expand it even further!
Patch 18736 (20 June 2017)
- Fixed Deck Based Stagecoach Option
Update 17687(A) (22 March 2017)
- Added support for Cloud Saves in GOG Galaxy 1.2 and newer
Patch 17687 (14 March 2017)
- Added trinket outline fx to quest select.
- Moved tutorial option to other instead of gameplay so its saved app wide.
- Fixed various typos
- Updated Town Fair town event text to accurately state that all treatment facilities are free.
- Fixed a duplicate Party Name
- Fixed Invisible Obstacle bug
- Fix center on map when tabbing when Auto-Center option set to OFF
- Hooked up new starting room backgrounds for plot quests.
- Added Close Button when choosing mode on new save file.
- Fix to deck based stagecoach bug resulting in premature shuffling.
- Shrieker Nest loot adjustment
- Plot quest reward trinkets, (Trophy/Darkest Dungeon Talisman) are no longer valid for trinket retention because you can never lose them.
- Added missing activity log strings
- Fixed two small bugs relating to the Crow Town Events
Patch 17549 (22 February 2017)
- Added New Batch of 200+ Community Party Names. (NO LOC for these yet, they will all be in English for now)
- Added more locations for new Trinket fx
- Disabled provision warnings when preparing for the Shrieker
- Tweaked Shrieker AI
- Uncapped Trap Disarms (100% or more should always succeed now)
- Shift-Click can now also sell stacks while Provisioning
- Fixed Quirk Descriptions
- Added missing strings
- Added remaining Localization for strings added in the Radiant Update.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Man-At-Arms to guard 2 targets simultaneously.
- Potential Fix for Invisible Obstacle bug
- Fixed to a town event cooldown bug
- Added new art for each dungeon regions starting room.
- Game Menu > Options > Other > Auto-Center Dungeon Map: (Default: ON) Dungeon map will auto-center on party when idle.
Patch 17462 (22 February 2017)
- Fixed Bounty Hunter survivalist text bug.
- Fixed Quirk tags
- Fixed UI issue with Survivalist Camping Skill layout
- Shrieker’s Nest now correctly drops loot when destroyed before Shrieker is killed or flees.
- Fixed missing loading screen tips for crow_trinket plot quest.
- Fixed activity log strings
- Fix to profile options loading when you have multiple profiles.
- Enabling highdpi settings on mac.
- Squiffy Ghast:
- Increased Stun Resist (80% to 115%)
- Uses Maddening Shanty in POS 2-3-4.
- Swapped Maddening Shanty and Off-Kilter Jig sfx
- Added ghostly breath.
Patch 17449 (10 February 2017)
- Fixed more missing strings and typos
- Fixed Activity log not displaying money lost from activity correctly
- Fixed missing sound for Eldritch Altar
- Fixed to FX when disarming traps
- Potential Fix for Resolution issues on OSX
Patch 17436 (10 February 2017)
- Tweaked Crow Trinkets
- Added First wave of Localization
- Hunger Events should now be working correctly across all modes.
- Updated Marquee text
- Swintaur: updated fx
- Added missing strings
- Fix for Characters who weren’t correctly going missing on treatment use.
RADIANT UPDATE - BUILD #17400
- This update was built around two major pillars:
- Radiant Mode: Radiant Mode is a version of the game that is intended to take less time overall to complete than normal (“Darkest”) mode. The mode is still challenging--monsters have the same stats and nothing about permadeath has changed. But some gameplay rules have been flexed or altered in ways that reduce some of the more time consuming mid and late game elements.
- Improvements and Additions (to all modes): we’ve reviewed tons of feedback over the last few months and have added a bunch new features, content, revisions, and fixes.
- We will be monitoring how the rollout of Radiant goes, and you can expect some more tweaks here and there as we see how the patch settles.
- The build has been pushed to our live branch for all players. That being said we have a build getting prepped for deployment that will contain the first batch of localization for all the new strings. So keep an eye out for an update in a hour or so.
- Thanks to your support, as we move forward toward the launch of our first major expansion, The Crimson Court, we’ll continue to update and improve the core game. Currently, we’re looking at a balance pass on trinkets and hero skills, so you can expect some changes in those areas in the coming weeks. As always, we appreciate your feedback, suggestions, and enthusiasm!
- -The Darkest Dungeon Team
- Never Again changed: heroes are now allowed to return to the Darkest Dungeon. However, they will undergo significant stress upon doing so, and are more likely to become afflicted instead of virtuous when in the Darkest Dungeon.
- More Power Leveling flexibility: Heroes of up to Level 4 may enter Novice dungeons. Any hero may enter a Veteran or Champion dungeon.
- Stage Coach can now be upgraded to allow the appearance of new recruits starting at up to Level 4. Increased chance of upgraded recruits appearing.
- Reduced cost of Upgraded Recruits upgrades.
- Accelerated hero XP progression
- Hero upgrade and treatment cost scaling by level reduced
- Returned provisions now give slightly more money back
Tweaks to Stagecoach:
- Added another upgrade tier to Experienced Recruits (Lvl 4 Characters will now appear)
- Changed Experienced Recruit requirements. (Lvl 1 now only requires Lvl 1 Blacksmith and Guild)
- New Stage Coach population option to use a Deck based system. (This can be used on all modes). New Stagecoach generation method that gives a more even long-term distribution and also favors healers more, since they are the backbone of most parties. This can be toggled off in the Options menu if you wish to still ride the bittersweet wave of total RNG.
- Higher Light conditions confer slightly more to party DEF bonuses.
- Accelerated Region Progression
- Town Events trigger more frequently to compensate for shorter playtime
- Renamed NG+ to Stygian
- Stygian can now be selected when starting a new campaign, instead of requiring completion of Darkest mode first.
- More stress, higher darkness penalties, more light loss per step, higher trap diff, enemy HP bump from 15% (prev) to 20%, slightly higher monster crits...overall slightly more deadly
- Time limit reduced to 86 weeks and hero death limit dropped to 12
- You can now continue playing after the time limit on your Stygian mode game after successfully completing the game
- Added 4 new monsters (Bone Bearer, Hateful Virago, Swine Skiver, and Squiffy Ghast) that appear in Champion level Dungeons - BLAME DANA
- Caw! Caw! Added New Trinket Recovery Quest
- When a party wipe occurs, trinkets are no longer lost! There is a way to recover them. Exactly what that way is, we leave for you to discover...
- Trinkets are no longer recoverable from fallen characters after retreating.
- Two new Town Events
- Added New Variations to Dungeon Map Generation!
- Fix for users reporting increased cpu usage
- ECONOMY Adjustments to Radiant and Darkest modes:
- Economy was too gold starved across the board, including mid and late game.
- Slightly reduced cost of Hero Treatment.
- Reduced hero weapon and armour upgrade costs.
- Reduced cost of upgrading hero skills final two levels
- Increased gold drops and gold stacking from 1,500 to 1,750
- (ALL MODES) Rebalanced gem drops and changed gem values. Net result is much higher values of gems dropping as difficulty of missions progress.
- Gems now all stack to 5 instead of 4
- Adjusted Antiquarian values to be in line with Economy changes to ensure she's still profitable.
- Tavern and Abbey complete side-effects rebalance and some new side effects added. Goal is to make neither Tavern or Abbey preferable over another, and also add more interest.
- Fixed Provision Discount Town Event description so all languages should show up correctly.
- Quests that will trigger a Town Event: links are now clearly shown
- The Cove Gather mission now triggers “Lost and Found” Town Event instead of “Supply Run” Town Event upon successful completion.
- Hold SHIFT when purchasing Provisions to purchase a full stack.
- Adjustments to chances of getting quirks at quest end. Slightly increased chances in both cases for interest.
- New quirk: “skilled gambler”. Bad Gambler and Skilled Gambler functionality improved.
- Stagecoach Upgraded Recruits: adjusted number of pos and neg quirks they start with to ensure they are still valuable. Reduced cost of the Upgraded Recruits upgrades.
- Secret Rooms are no longer guaranteed in every dungeon.
- Quest Trinket rewards: better logic for supplying trinket rewards in cases where the designated trinkets aren’t available.
- Heirloom Chest now more profitable after using key
- Added new treasure: "Jute Tapestry" (functions as a very rare gem worth 5,000 gold)
- Added “Party” selection type to camp skills to help make the skills more clear.
- Tweaked Roster sort so that Characters in Party are arranged in their party formation.
- Added Skill Equip warning when trying to embark without all skills equipped
- Added Food Embark warning when trying to embark without much food
- Skills will now auto-equip when purchased and have room. (This will be most noticed with purchasing your 4th camping skill.)
- After several angry phone calls from Vvulf, he is now properly tagged as a boss.
- (Radiant and Darkest modes) Vvulf quest and Vvulf himself not quite as tough, and also won’t appear before week 40 minimum.
- Veteran and Champion Skeletal Defenders now have the tools to live up to their namesake.
- Tweaked Trinket Embark Warning to be % based. You are now warned on L3 and L5 dungeons when you have less than half equipped.
- Adjusted cooldowns on town events up a bit, to reduce repetition
- DARKEST and STYGIAN modes: Final battle tuned up some to give a bit more challenge. May require more.
- Adjusted Nomad Wagon stock rarity (Rare trinkets are now more rare)
- Added Town Event Description in the reward section for related Quests.
- Fix for handling multiple monitors
- Added 4k window resolutions to options.
- Added Subtitle Location Option: Top or Bottom
- Added border FX for Ancestral Trinkets and Boss Trophies
- Added FX to Dungeon Region experience bars on increase
- Added in new art for all missing Curio states. WELCOME ABOARD, TRUDI!
- Added Date/Time to save slots
- Added more save slots
- Various UI tweaks
- Exposed significantly more settings for future modding.
- ...and more!
Patch 16707 (27 December 2016)
- Added option to disable party first sort in roster list.
- Fix for crashes related to Razer headset drivers. (This should also help those affected by nahimic crashes).
- Fix closing hot key sub menus help/glossary.
- Updated journal fonts.
- Fix to riposte tooltip.
- Fix to inventory tooltips that overlap.
- Fix to map hitboxes.
- Fix to the background image in DD Quest 3.
- Various visual tweaks
Patch 15015 hotfix (21 September 2016)
- Updated the Darkest Dungeon installers with the latest version of Darkest Dungeon #15015.
Linux update (13th September 2016)
- Fixes misc script errors and crashes people have experienced after the last build
Patch 15015 (19 July 2016)
- Removed saved upgrade discounts and rather query them if they are unlocked. This is to fix the trinket exploit from repeated failure of town invasion plot quest.
- Vvulf no longer has a series of identical twin brothers who keep coming back for revenge of their slain brother. (Vvulf will stay dead once you successfully slay him)
- Vvulf appearance chance reduced slightly
- Town invasion plot quest has normal retreat instead of always raid retreat.
- UI Tweaks
- Colorized Tooltips! (This will take some time for the Translated Languages to start using it)
- Tweaked values for VO triggers
- Various string fixes
- Various fixes to new color coded strings
- Fixed idle resolve level heroes not being saved on raid start.
- Fixed a bunch of uninitialized data
- Fixed some threads burning CPU
- Some other misc. fixes
- Fixed some compiler errors.
Patch 14620 (31 May 2016)
- Fixed Crash caused by localization issues. (For real this time. Sorry!)
Patch 14619 (31 May 2016)
- Fix for crash caused by localization issues in last patch.
Patch 14584 (23 May 2016)
- Added Localization for Russian, German, Spanish, Czech, and French. (Polish and Brazilian-Portuguese is on the way)
- Tweak Audio Levels of new Narrator lines.
- Removed Destroyed Town Upgrades on Brigand Incursion Failure (Hero Death is enough, ignoring the mission still causes some upgrades to be destroyed)
- Adjusted Bandit Incursion Event chance to make it slightly more rare.
- Fix to crash when selecting the town invasion quest icon after having completed some DD quests.
Patch 14557 (20 May 2016)
- TOWN EVENTS - bonus recruits, extra supplies, facility closures, and more! Each event is presented with unique key art and commentary by the Narrator (Wayne June), and many are supported with additional in-game art. Be warned, The Hamlet is not as safe as it once was… (Note: you can adjust the frequence of Town Events in the OPTIONS menu, although they are mandatory for NG+)
- Hamlet Polish: Various lighting FX and smoke added to the Hamlet.
- Added a Default Party Order Button, find it on your Map in a dungeon!
- Loot All - now keybound to SPACEBAR
- Credits - Accessible from the options menu, we are proud to list thousands of backers who helped bring this project to life! Oh, and us too.
- ESC and ENTER now dismisses Single Prompt Confirmation Windows (i.e. full inventory warning prompt)
- Added confirm for when you don’t have any combat skills selected.
- Jester “Finale” skill now hits with more punch!
- Fixed riposte bugs with stats not applying from riposte skill.
- Click to skip quirk-driven curio interaction bark.
- Fix to estate not being saved when heroes are dismissed. (This will fix trinkets getting lost in town.)
- Trap disarm tooltip in tray now takes difficulty into account to accurately display chance.
- Fixed up tooltips for Russian localization
- Fix heirloom exchange bugs:
- Fixed max not being accessible for transfer amounts.
- Fixed not being able to close it when it’s open and you purchase in such a way that you end up with 0 heirlooms.
- Adjusted 'Field Dressing' camping skill to fix bug
- Fix to estate saving in provision screen resulting in lost money.
- Fix to retreat outside of plot quest.
- Fix to captured dead heroes (Crew, Cauldron, Siren) not dying after quest.
- Activity log now will log stress heal with buff
- Fixed Shambler corpses not being large
- Fix to missing crit lines for Musketeer
- Unequip trinket for hero who dies in retreat and add the trinket to raid finish inventory.
- Fixed up incompatible quirks awarded at the end of a raid.
- Bookshelves and Book stacks can now drop Journal Pages
- The Town Crier can now be found enjoying the various stress relief facilities in the Hamlet once the town grows a bit
- Added Temporary English text for all the new text for other Languages. (Localization is being worked and should be done soon).
- Fixed Bug Quirk Gained from Facility Usage not Replacing Quirk correctly
- Various UI fixes
- Fixed Missing Town Event Subtitles
- Week of Death added to Graveyard
- Fixed Missing VO lines for certain Town Events
- Fixed to DD ‘Glitch’ offset for Ruins Dungeon on Embark Screen
- Fix to upgrades destroyed crash from town invasion
Patch 14065 (27 April 2016)
- Linux version added
- Fixed Move Tooltip cutting off text
- The soundtrack includes now The Siren’s version of the Cove Music in both mp3 and FLAC
Patch 14017 (22 April 2016)
- Fix to enemy move animations
Patch 13985 (22 April 2016)
- Fixed an issue around retreating from drowned crew while captured. It will now kill the hero with a warning in a confirm before attempting the retreat.
- Fix to a crash related to dying outside of combat with the loot window open and quitting the game.
- Disable heirloom exchange when you don’t have any heirlooms.
- Fixes for various strings
- Added in Localization for all new strings added in the Antiquarian Patch.
Patch 13916 (20 April 2016)
- Friendly skills can now have moves.
- Antiquarian - Added Move Back 1 to Get Down!
- Replace missing required class trinket assert with error message.
- Save camping skill use count after using skills to fix mid camp reboot exploit.
- Fix to duplicate darkest dungeon trinket bug.
Patch 13870 (14 March 2016)
- Fixed Volume on Antiquarian and Musketeer recruit VO
- Added Subtitles for Antiquarian and Musketeer recruit
- Updated how gold de-stacking works upon Antiquarian death, stacks should now reduce down to highest possible stack upon battle/event completion
- Blacksmith Deed costs have been reduced to their intended values
- Added Character Barks for Antiquarian and Musketeer for DDQ4
- Camping Button Feedback
- Fix monster tooltip showing up doing monster skill
- Added feedback to the skill buttons on the battle icons.
Patch 13850 (14 March 2016)
- Dismas stopped stubbing his toe after the stagecoach crash in the tutorial, thus allowing him to start at full HP
- Put in placeholder strings for non-english barks for pending localization
Patch 13843 (14 March 2016)
- New Class: Antiquarian!
- New Stage Coach upgrade tree: higher level heroes to recruit!
- Quest Rewards: Heirloom type is no longer tied to each region. Instead, a random heirloom reward is generated for each individual quest.
- Heirloom Exchange: trade heirlooms in town! You lose a little in each trade, but this is a quick fix to get that upgrade you really need.
- Trophy Trinkets now find their way back to the hamlet after losing one. This means also means Trophy Trinkets will now reward retroactively.
- Changed never again buff to 50% (was 30%)
- Roster Size Increase: 9/12/16/20/24/28
Town upgrade pricing adjustments:
- reduced crest costs for Nomad and Survivalist
- reduced deed costs in blacksmith
- slightly increased deed costs in Stage Coach
- increased crest usage in most buildings by 25%
- added costs for new stagecoach upgrade tree
- Duelist Advance - Added Riposte
- Open Vein - Added Bleed Resist Debuff
- Wicked Slice - Increased DMG mod to +15%
- Increased Min Damage for L4/L5 weapons from 7/8 to 9/8
- HP changed from 22/26/30/34/38 to 23/28/33/38/43
- Field Dressing now always heals for 35% and has a 50% chance to heal for 50%
- Blind Fire - Bonus SPD changes from 5/6/7/8/9 to 4/5/6/7/8 SPD
- Now applies even on Miss
- Added Never Again bearers to roster group when sorting by Level
- Added Characters in party to be grouped up when sorting roster by activity.
- Removed ability to use Firewood while in the middle of camping, thus starting a new camp. You can no longer camp, while you camp, even though you all like to camp.
- Added NG+ Crest to Embark and Provisioning screens.
- Added The Siren’s version of the Cove Music to the Soundtrack DLC.
- Backer Heroes and Trinkets are now unique to the estate and can be reacquired after losing one.
- Fix to Abominations who stayed in beast form after being teleported out of combat.
- Fix to Narrator lines not playing when starting New Game +
- Restored to rotation certain Narrator lines concerning treasure and sick damage.
- Fixed to NG+ tutorial using wrong backgrounds.
- Fixed Cursor selection issues around Party Roster on Embark/Provisions screen.
- Attempt at fixing problem where secret room icon on the map disappears.
- Fixed roster entry splat when looking at a hero in the guild or blacksmith.
- UI polish when selecting combat/camping skills in the character screen and when selecting a hero to go into the guild/blacksmith or to display the character screen.
- Added secret room scout sound.
- You can no longer sell 0 value trinkets.
- Fix plot quest order so crypts tutorial shows up first crypts.
- Fixed Heart Attack Achievement to proc off of any death resulting from a heart attack.
- Fixed “Dysfunction: Kill any boss with a party of four afflicted heroes” not counting on DD bosses.
- Fix for Fungal Giant’s Confusion Spore skill chance
Patch 13575 (15 February 2016)
- Fixed problem with disappearing or already opened curios after reloading a save game while in a battle.
- Fix to being stuck at 3 roster when going into dd quest and retreating out immediately with an empty stage coach. Darkest dungeon quests always progress town.
- Updated Polish Translation
- Fixed Monster and Skills Names for Spanish Translation.
- Fix for Special Boss Backgrounds not loading when relaunching the game.
- Various UI positioning tweaks. (Centering text, Text overlapping in Blacksmith)
- Fix problem where backer heroes would have their selected combat/camping skills reset.
- MAC: Fix for Control not working when trying to right click.
Patch 13544 (12 February 2016)
- New Icons for OS X and PC
- Misc Save Fixes
- Fixed a crash when starting a dungeon.
- Fix to activity log showing random trinket when gambling and gaining a trinket.
- Updated SDL Library to improve application stability
Patch 13488 (8 February 2016)
- Characters who have the Never Again trait, now also carry a 30% Party XP
buff when running dungeons. This effect does not stack.
- Tuned Back Resolve XP Thresholds: Left L6 a bit lower to reduce the 5 >
- Updated Localization based on community feedback
- Fix Death’s Door Recovery Buffs not saving
- Fixes to Tooltip Positioning for Tray Icons
- Fixed On the Old Road, We Found Redemption and Strict Mode Achievements
(These should be retroactive)
- Fixed area name length (mostly for Russian Localization)
- Fix target spamming bug where you use an item (dog treats or holy water)
to select multiple targets same or different targets with a one target
- Fixed crash when going to the Quest Select Screen
- Fixed to Man-at-Arms Command ability not affecting CRIT like intended.
- Crypts tutorial quest now gives dungeon xp to fix the case where you die
in old road and have limited selection of first post tutorial quest.
- Removed loot from the summons on the Necromancer, Siren, Brigand Pounder
and Ectoplasm fights.
Patch 13447 (3 February 2016)
- Fixed Fungal Bloat AI targeting issue
- Fixed blind fire when targeting a hero.
- Corpses now have battle modifier entry that should prevent random targeting
- Reduced XP thresholds by 15% for levels 4,5 and 6
- Fixed Shuffle Chance for DDQ4 Boss
- Increased Base Damage on Leper
- Fixing Camera Zooms when hitting an encounter while backtracking.
- Tweaks to Afflicted and Heroic FXs. (Scale/Positioning)
- Reworded the Surprise Enter in Glossary to better describe how Surprises work.
Patch 13421 (29 January 2016)
- Random target logic will not target corpses.
- Resolve overstressed heroes before quest complete plays.
- Making sure you can't retreat if you get teleported to a room.
- Fixed problem with act outs during friendly skill removing actors that didn't act out.
- Making sure that you can't go into battle while you're going through a door.
- Missing localization strings
Patch 13407 (27 January 2016)
- Removed the ability to use items while dragging them
- Fixed leave while camping exploit
- Fix to embark party crash when previous raid only has 2 heroes
- Fix to ambush camping skills not showing all effects on the quest info panel once camp is done
- Fix to error showing up about difficulty during quest selection
- Fixed quest not being completed bug
- Fixed sell back provisions exploit
Patch 13377 (25 January 2016)
- Localization string updates
- Save crash fixes
- Backer hero fixes
Patch 13362 (22 January 2016)
- Fixed Aboms doing weird things while charmed by the Siren
- Fixed some more heroes not having skills unlocked.
- Fixed ability to drop trinkets into provisioning inventory
- Fixed Save Reload issues around exiting the game after completing a quest
Patch 13344 (22 January 2016)
- Performance Optimization to address stuttering
- Fixed Camping Skill buff Icons not showing by Quest Text while Active
- Added Durations to Camping Skill Tooltips
- Fix for Trinket loss from DDQ2
- Fix so that players stop getting extra DDQ2 Quest Trinkets. (Max is 3)
- Fixed item sell back exploit. ( SORRY )
- Fix to some heroes not saving upgrades
- Fix for Selected Skills being Locked on Characters.
- Fixed VO subtitles for Czech
Patch 13322 (20 January 2016)
- More Performance Optimizations attempting to resolve Stuttering issue.
- Secret Rooms no longer count towards rooms explored for 90% Explore Quest
- Reduced Resolve XP Requirements for Levels 4, 5 and 6, by 4, 6, and 6 respectively. (roughly 10%)
- Added 1 more available Dungeon Quest to account for Darkest Dungeon Plot Quests
Patch 13307 (20 January 2016)
- Audio Performance Optimizations
- Fixed missing strings in options for certain languages
- Fixed Glitchy Text on Gameplay Options.