Thea: The Awakening
Patch 1.20.3919 (26 March 2018)
Patch 1.20.2412 (10 January 2017)
- resolved the issue with input text fields on the Event Editor, they should let you scroll the text to the bottom without problems now;
- fixed a rarely occurring soft-lock at the end of a turn.
Patch 1.20.2207 (24 October 2016)
- Fixed animated HP values on cards so that they don't get bigger over time,
- Child sacrifice event - the number of children to be sacrificed has been reduced, so that the event is now more likely to trigger,
- Croppings event - in this event, the children who undergo the ritual start with up to 40 extra points, making those units more elite, but the events will only appear 3 times in a game,
- Orcs return event - a fix to make sure they only come back once,
- Light Armours - fixed icons (swapped leather and gems looks),
- Bigos from Mushrooms and Bird Meat now has a proper icon,
- Updated help strings in Community French (as far as I'm aware, that was the final edit and the FRC language pack is considered finished).
- Apart from fixes, we've added a feature too - after every won fight your group will receive an item (equipment, tools or food) and its quality will depend on the challenge's difficulty rating.
- Additionally, players reported that movement cost marker quite often did not appear. We did a little investigation and it looks like the the problem is caused by a bug in the engine we use. To solve the issue, run the game with -force-gfx-direct parameter (or select "Play in GFX Direct mode" from the starting menu).
Patch 1.20.2010 (11 August 2016)
- Text and localization changes - updated warrior descriptions (removed the info that they cannot equip jewellery), also updated community French language pack.
- Warriors now are able to wear jewellery,
- Animals are now able to wear artifacts,
- Event fixes.
Patch 1.20.2003 (03 August 2016)
- 7 new character art (3 dwarves and 4 elves)
- fixed the Zorya god quest where a group of Bies was spawned instead of Simargl
- fixed the roaming Orcs group in the cosmic tree quest, where they used to stay on the map infinitely, even after completion of the story line.
Patch 1.20.1921 (22 July 2016)
- [MP] fixed starting population display on difficulty settings panel
- [MP] client resource discovery fix
- 15 new character cards
- Cabbage Field children spawn rate increased
- Fixed scholars so they can be male or female (this was supposed to go into last patch but didn't)
- Decreased the amount of enemies in Scavengers mob
Patch 1.20.1914 (15 July 2016)
- Reduced the chance to be able to pick a scholar or an inventor when having the Meeting Hall building,
- Changed prerequisites of children falling ill event, losing children should not occur as often,
- Fixed scholars so that female scholars are possible,
- Fixed Legendary Craftsman achievement,
- Fixed display if heavily wounded icon on Inventory (this was just a display glitch, actual chance to die was calculated ok).
Patch v.1.20.1912 (13 July 2016)
- 14 new villager arts and special art for Son of Zorya
- larger item/character info area on Equip screen
- updated French Community translation
- [MP] fixed a bug where the player could open inventory or equip screen while having the other player's group selected and get locked on that screen
- [MP] blocked loading saves from pause menu, and changed how autosaves are handled
- event fixes
Patch v.1.20.1906 (13 July 2016)
- Fixed the final encounter with Dwarf cultists, where the location did not dissappear and instead spawned some goblins ,
- Fixed XP gain showing incorrect values after fighting with a lair,
- [MP] Fixed XP level threshold being reset for joining player after loading a game.
Patch 1.20.1904 (05 July 2016)
- University town - the scholars and inventors were buffed as we realised they were not up to scratch.
- The exchange for children now has a chance to get up to three sages, and with 15 extra skill points, plus a chance for some scholars (up to 2). Or up to three workers(with a 15 point boost as well) and some inventors.
- In the character exchange, you have a chance to get 2 scholars or inventors not one.
- Dusktown - child exchange: you now can get up to 2 Goblin warrior and two Goblin shamans or up to 3 bandits and up to 1 dwarf bandit.
- The orc witch you get from the char exchange now got a boost in skill points.
- Silveroak - child exchange - you will now have a chance for up to 2 forest elves and one bugay, or up to 3 Vily and up to one Bugay. No change in the char exchange for Silveroak.
- Fixed dlc2main events showing up in English when language was set to Community French (copied Official French until community localization is available),
- Nerfed dwarf bandit group to make it match a 3-skull difficulty rating,
- Fix for Research screen that could cause a crash and/or using more points to unlock a recipe.
Patch 1.20.1903 (05 July 2016)
- Some material balancing changes today, so that the "dead-end" materials are more worthwhile to unlock:
- Dark wood: damage multiplier upped from 0.2 to 0.4, craft multiplier for crafting tool from 0.25 to 0.4
- Elven wood became a bit lighter (from 0.8 to 0.6) to keep it interesting
- Iron: gathering multiplier boosted from 0.6 to 0.9
- Gold: decreased weight multiplier from 0.6 to 0.4, so it is better suited for equipment for medics and other weaklings, gathering multiplier boosted from 0.55 to 0.7
- Steel: greatly increased damage multiplier: from 1 to 1.5, also boosted gathering multiplier from 0.5 to 0.7
- Clay now gives a significant boost to gathering tools and crafting tools (multiplier changed from 0.25 to 0.4). Though it is very heavy, it is also easy to gather (fairly big packs) and a good choice for buildings
- Leather multiplier for gathering tools boosted from 0.8 to 1
- Fur Leather multiplier for gathering tools boosted from 0.7 to 1
- Scaled Leather multiplier for gathering tools boosted from 0.35 to 0.4
- Research panel now allows you to check resources used for crafts and buildings that have not been unlocked yet, even if you have no free Advancement Points,
- Also on Research panel - clicking on a locked resource will allow you to see where it is located on the map, provided there are any on the scouted part.
Patch 1.20.1901 (04 July 2016)
IMPORTANT NOTE ON MULTIPLAYER GAMES
We have discovered a problem with how game data is stored. This has never been a problem in Single Player, but in Co-op it was likely to lead to desynchronization and potential crashes. The bug has been fixed, but unfortunately pre-patch saves can no longer be used in this build. If you would like to use your old saved games then please use the rollback function in the GOG Galaxy client.
- Fixes to game data saving - see note below,
- Added sounds to the following actions: event occurred, new turn started,
- Added move to top and move to bottom buttons on Crafting/Construction tasks,
- New look for co-op play panel,
- New icons for different types of Bigos and Leczo,
- Fixed item compare that was not indicating properly if a weapon was 1 or 2-handed,
- Event Editor fixes for Produce Drop and Deal Damage.
- Balanced building cost for Blessed Paths,
- Herbalist's Hut gives Herbs each turn, the amount depends on what resources it is build of
- Nerfed Karakandzas, these were too powerful for their difficulty rating,
- Changes to Kids Growing Up event - special classes will be available if there is an appropriate building in the village (Herbalist's Hut for Medics, Archery Range for -Hunters, Totem for Witches, Meeting Hall for Sages, Scholars and Inventors). Additionally, presence of Barracks will yield better Warriors, Smithy - Craftsmen and Manger - Gatherers,
- Fixes to events,
- [MP] fixed XP counter of the joining player that was not working correctly upon load.
Patch 1.20.1827 (28 June 2016)
All game versions:
- 2H Hammers cost only 1 research point,
- 2H Hammers do a bit more damage,
- 2H Axes do a bit more damage,
- All resources in Straw tree cost only 1 point to unlock,
- Within the village's gathering area, movement cost is lowered to 1 for player expeditions. This area grows if there is a Blessed Path building in the village,
- Changes to calculations for death chance in Bloodbath mode,
- Fixed a dwarf model not being shown on the map,
- Fixed text on an inventory item that would overflow its textfield if it was too long.
- Events fixes.
Story Bundle (bonus download):
- Ability to select server location for connection by name [layout needs to be improved though]
- More messages informing why connection failed for connection by name,
- Improved attraction rates for children to slightly counter the more difficult starting conditions (closer to higher level areas, with smaller population and with no children)
- Improved attraction rates in SNAIL MODE,
- End turn can be "undone" as long as the other player has not finished their turn [needs new artwork]
Patch 1.20.1817 (23 June 2016)
Adds Free DLC - Thea: The Awakening - MultiPrayer:
- Co-op mode for up to two players!
- Two villages under one God!
- Exchange goods and even people!
- Conquer the Darkness together!
Plus, additional features for both Thea: The Awakening single and multi player:
- A set of new events, fully translated and voiced.
- A set of additional events in English text only (as a separate bonus download).
- A bunch of new enemies and two new unique characters that can join your village.
- New artwork for added enemies and events.
- New icons for dozens of items.
- New Building that increases the gathering range of the player's Village.
- Re-balanced armours and shields.
- UI improvements and many bugfixes.
Patch 1.16.1712 hotfix (23 May 2016)
- fixes memory leak issues from previous update
Patch 1.16.1712 (16 May 2016)
- fixed Bloodbath mode not switching on/off properly
- fixed bandit event where after a spore attack the vent would not dissapear
- fixes for poisons and curses (these removed wounds that were left from the previous turn)
- fixed Meeting Hall building cost
- There are also two new hotkeys, active on the Inventory screen:
- LMB click while holding R - recycles clicked item
- LMB click while holding D - destroys clicked item
- New Difficulty option - Bloodbath
- Boosts to selected god bonuses:
- Son of Zoria can wield ANY 2-handed weapon in 1 hand,
- Nightstalker can wield 2-handed swords in 1 hand,
- Morena's trinkets are made of advanced resources and can be of Good Quality,
- Perun's weapons get guaranteed Good Quality tag,
- None of the gods' given items can be Bad Quality,
- Added warnings to Inventory and New Expedition screens - when food or fuel supplies are low an exclamation mark appears,
- Optimizations for map loading and memory usage - these will be most visible for low to mid-end computers,
- Added Custom language - when selected, this sets UI to English but loads all event texts from CUSTOM.txt file from StreamingAssets folder,
- Re-balanced spawns to keep them on a bit more reasonable levels,
- Adjusted the chance for the herbalist hut, to make sure it shows up faster,
- Fix to the log recorder,
- Fixed Research screen, where tooltips were not showing up for Crafting and Construction categories,
- Fixed the giants guest, so that the Umbrage Lord isn't spawned infinitely,
- Fixed a bug where sometimes difficulty settings were lost,
Patch 1.16.1618.0 (18 April 2016)
- Fixed Logbook that was always stuck on the first event,
- Fix for Dziody - the quest should now properly recognise the type of curse you have and remove it after a win,
- Fixed a bug in the final stage of the giant quest, where the social win did not register as a win,
- Fixed a location spawned by Silveroak,
- Blesses of Health, Strength and Dexterity now also give bonuses to Armour, Damage and Stealth, respectively,
- Fixed voiceover for Dziody event,
- Inventory - characters are now sorted by class, alphabetically,
- A couple spelling fixes
- Tweaked costs of Advancement Points - these should be significantly cheaper if you're playing on easier Economy settings,
- One of the bandit quests with a Spores encounter was fixed so that the bandit lair now disappears after a win,
- Logbook - buttons for switching between quests should now provide better feedback on what's selected for viewing,
- Fixed the performance drop.
Patch 1.15.1614 (15 April 2016)
Adds Free DLC, Return of the Giants, to the game:
- Localization to German, French, Polish and Russian,
- 70 new events,
- Events Editor, that lets you create your own stories and share them with others,
- Full English voiceover,
- Additional buildings, items and item quality modifiers
- New music tracks and artwork,
- Countless improvements and fixes.