Internal Update (WIN) (19 February 2018)
- updated internal installer structure, no changes to game files
- separated 32/64 builds for smaller download sizes
Update 46 (3rd November 2016)
- Added Ammo Pack card to Common cards
- Added Discharge card to Rare cards
- Added PlasmaBot card to Rare cards
- Added Shotgun card to Supreme cards
- Added Dragon Nest enemy to Dungeon worlds
- Added Crossbow Guild enemy to Garden worlds
- Added Ammo Pack card to common cards
- Shard rewards for duplicates increased to 25 for Common, 75 for Rare and 250 for Supreme.
- Self-sufficient card companion healing increased from 15% to 50%
- Bullet Time’s slow-motion duration reduced.
- Denver rebalanced.
- Movespeed up from 4 to 5
- Health up from 120 to 140
- Charge range up from 6.5 to 8
- Selfdamage on wall hit down from 5 to 1
- Faster attack - time before charging reduced, charge speed increased
- Fixed an issue where various screen resolutions couldn’t be selected
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t select the Classic Xiao Long skin when you had 6 skin options for Xiao Long
- Fixed an issue where you could Dismantle the same card multiple times
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't register your Twitch ID in the streaming menu
- Power Generator wording changed for clarity.
- Something wicked this way comes
Update 45b (3rd November 2016)
We just updated the game with 2 new free DLCs that you can get by following us on Twitter and Facebook.
Those who follow us on social media will get some special Xiao Long skins, the scaly version!
More information is available on the community page (http://www.betadwarf.com/community/)
At the same time we unlocked the UltraSettsu skin for the subscribers, because the Community Level reached 18!
That double XP for a week really paid off huh?
As we reached level 18 we also revealed the next reward, which will be the first subscriber skin for the Ravager!
Check out the level and rewards on the community page (http://www.betadwarf.com/community/)
Lastly, while we patched in the UltraSettsu skin we also included a few fixes for version 633
Version 633 changelog
- Fixed a missing collider on a lore statue in Ruby’s final Chamber
- Fairy Bottle start range reduced from 11 to 8.
- Fixed an issue where the quest “Line ‘em up” couldn’t be completed
- Fixed a typo in Ratbo’s lore snippet
- Fixed a typo in the Bannerman’s lore snippet
- Added UltraSettsu skin
- Added Kickstarter Xiao Long skin
- Added Facebook Xiao Long skin
- Added Twitter Xiao Long skin
- Enabled skin menus by default, and added a tooltip indicating how to get the skins you don’t have
Patch 45.629 (06 September 2016)
- Free subscriber DLC expanded by community level up!
- The community level just increased to 17!
- Good work subscribing and watching the streams, it’s really great to see people engaging with our games this way.
- If you’re wondering what that is, check it out at https: //www.betadwarf.com/community
- This unlocks the Raging Denver skin for all subscribers, and reveals the next reward: UltraSettsu skin!
- Look at that cool blue and gold armor.. Doesn’t it remind you of something?
- We’ve also sent out the first batch of subscriber keys with the Pink honor armor skin for the original FORCED, so go check an old friend out in new clothes ;)
- The Subscriber benefits are now also available for GoG, check your newsletter mail for more information :)
- On a related note, this week there’s DOUBLE XP for people subscribing, so share the love and we may get to that UltraSettsu skin before you know it!
- We did a small patch to unlock the raging Denver skin and squeezed a few bug fixes in as well, you can see the changelog below.
Version 629 changelog
- Fixed an issue where ranged characters couldn’t hit Ratbo the Terminator when enlarged
- Fixed an issue with the boon “I have a Hulk” not displaying values properly
- Fixed an issue with the card “Predator Tech” using the wrong description.
- Fixed an animation issue that caused the Stormbringer’s bow to not bend when stretching
- Unlocked the Raging Denver skin for Subscribers
- Stay raging
- (I know I’m gonna be playing some Team Red with Volco and Denver)
Patch 45 (31 August 2016)
Show available in 5 new languages:
Patch 44ML (31 August 2016)
- FORCED SHOWDOWN is now available on Mac and Linux.
Patch 44.580 (02 June 2016)
- Squire of Light damage on Lightbeam stages up from 4/6/9 to 4/6/10
- Volco Magma shield default radius up from 3 to 4
- Stormbringer default slowdown when stretching for basic attack up from 2 to 3
- Major change: Replenish consumables no longer replenish charges that were triggered by rationing. This means you cannot gain more charges of replenish consumables with Rationing or similar cards.
- Unstable Hammer proc chance down from 25% to 20%
- Rage potion no longer stacks with itself. It will display on cooldown for the duration and will not spend it’s charge until it wears off
- High Roller’s Swagger mana cost down from 2 to 1
- Volcanic Reach mana cost down from 4 to 3
- Who’s Next damage bonus down from 15% to 10%
Quality of Life:
- Polished Smoke Bomb VFX
- Updated Burning Aura’s FX so they are more visible in e.g. Garden world 1
- Improved Floating Snake mages feedback on Ugly but Fast
- Removed Addon text from Deadly Impact buff (to reflect change to card) - no change to gameplay
- Updated our engine to Unity 5.3, this will fix a number of outstanding bugs and provide performance improvements.
- Gang of Rats Boss ability icon is now using the correct illustration
- Implemented a lot of sounds that were missing from the Emblem and Bonus Stages
- Fixed some layouts to have proper holes in the ground when low walls were placed
- Fixed an issue with the Fly spitter rotating around himself instead of idling
- Fixed an issue with the Snow Rat world Proximity Rats shield looking weird after having been summoned by a portal
- Fixed an issue where C-SAR announced “Rare!” on a common boon
- Fixed an issue where Poison Winds would cause massive performance drops
- Fixed an issue with enemies not switching targets when switching teams
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t change some graphics settings on certain quality levels
- Fixed an issue where the Card Tooltips in the deckbuilder were displayed beneath the cards
- Fixed an issue where the Arbalists would gain speed from the player being close when on player team, instead of using correct targeting
- Fixed an issue with massive lag from Orbiter Rat spawns
- Fixed an issue where Flash Sale would not trigger after the first arena
- Fixed an issue where Stormbringer would have multiple Stormy’s in the first arena of a battle
- Fixed an issue where Chasing Ghosts and Ghost Turrets could not be hit by Stormbringer when he was enraged (and sized up)
Patch 43.572 (11 May 2016)
- This is a hotfix for the latest patch for Forced Showdown that fixes a number of small issues that occurred in version 43.570.
Patch 43.570 (10 May 2016)
- It’s been a little while since I updated the show, but fear not, my dwarves have been hard at work with improvements!
- This time I’ve got an exciting, wacky, crazy, silly and ludicrous feature for you - Bonus Arenas!
- In the meantime the April Season of the dailies ended, a big thank you to our previous sponsors Razer and Xsplit, and a welcoming hand to our new sponsor SpeedLink who will provide the prizes for the May Season.
- Check out the prizes at http://forcedshowdown.com/watch/#winners
- Here’s the full changelog for update 43.570:
- Bonus battles!
- Squire of Light visual update
- Squire of light has been given a visual upgrade. The goal was to bring him up to par with the other characters when looked at up close, but not change the overall look especially from a distance. He still needed to look and feel like the old Squire of Light. - - Check out the new model here: https://sketchfab.com/models/29c6046bed2041babec260d28a6bd86a
- Prevented Copy machine Battle Rule from applying to Chamber Keeper battles
- Volco Lava Strike damage up 20% (used to be going 17 to 45 now it's 20 to 54)
- Volco Flamenado movement speed reduction down 1.5 -> 0.75
- Ravager Leap base damage up from 10 to 20
- Ravager Leap cast speed up 25%
- Ravager Strafe cast speed up 18%
- Ravager Claw Strikes base attack speed up 16%
- Ravager Claw Strikes movement speed reduction down from 3 to 2
- Ravager Enrage now grants 1 movespeed per default, in addition to eliminating the Claw Strikes reduction
- Elbow room detection range increased from 3 to 7
- Hammer Time damage bonus down 50% -> 40%
- Anti-Barrel boots rebalanced: Costs 1 mana, makes barrels explode for damage by default
- The Nuke reworked: Has a cast time of 25 seconds before it destroys all minions. Aggros all enemies when cast. Mana cost down from 6 to 5.
Quality of Life
- Updated visuals of the Proximity Rats, to make a clearer distinction between level 1 and level 2 versions
- Renamed the BugTracker to FORCED SHOWDOWN BugTracker
- The Twitch ID is now clickable in the leaderboards
- Reduced delay of portal spawning in the tutorial before the Jahun arena
- Updated Emblem GUI for better overview
- Made it clearer when quests can only be completed in certain Programs
- Colour-coded cards in deck editor, to clearly display type and Contestant type while editing
- Shortened Short Battle description
- Changed lighting on Normal and Summoned enemies’ healthbars to give a greater distinction for colour-blind players
- Fixed a number of issues with daily connections, they should be more stable when switching now
- Optimized score fetching for daily leaderboards
- Updated engine version, which should provide lots of smaller fixes and optimizations
- Fixed an issue with pressing back from dailies returning you to campaign menu
- Fixed an issue with the Phoenix Boomers spawning too many eggs, especially when on different teams
- Fixed an issue where C-SAR said you got a boon when you didn’t
- Fixed Flow Surge tooltip to be up to date with the recent change
- Fixed an issue with some Garden World 2 destroyables not deleting properly
- Updated Flash of anger Card description to reflect 100% chance to proc
- Fixed an issue where Mordar could resurrect the Snake Priestesses armor piece
- Fixed an issue where having more than 20.000 gold gave overlapping text in the fortune menu
- Fixed an issue with the companion not choosing targets properly after switching teams
- Fixed an issue where Recurring Hero would resurrect you with less than 30 health if you had lost max health
- Fixed an issue where Stormbringer couldn’t hit Sniper Rats if enraged
- Fixed an issue with performance loss in loading screens
- Fixed an issue where you could make the Equality daily pick your own deck
- Fixed an issue with strange formatting in the fortune menu in 16:10 aspect ratio
- Fixed an issue where using Leap or Strafe with the Ravager in a new arena used the old arenas Frenzy counter
- Fixed an issue with some maps now spawning the correct low walls in a 3x4 setup
- Remember to keep giving me feedback on the forums, I keep an eye on everything
Patch 42.561 (2 May 2016)
- Emblems are now in the game! Add extra challenge and reward to any program you have completed on basic difficulty. Push yourself through tougher challenges to unlock new emblems and more emblem slots.
- The Grand Return now unlocks as soon as Frontline is completed
- The Grand Return battles now have 2-5 modifiers, up from 1-4.
- Volco Volcanic Strike base damage increased from 25 to 30.
- Masochistic Blade can no longer proc self damage when hitting barrels.
- Rage Potion mana cost increased from 1 to 2.
- Vampiric Thirst reduced to 1 charge.
- Adrenaline Boost duration reduced from 15 to 10 seconds.
- Recurring Hero now clears Stormy's target.
- The Nuke returned to 6 mana. (Reverted last week's buff of it. Considering a wider rework of the card if it proves necessary for daily balance.)
- Heal Up reduced from 10% to 8% healing after each arena.
- Flow Surge now gives +1 mana for the first 2 arenas, down from the first 3.
- Bloody Finale explosion radius increased from 3 to 3.5.
- Fixed that Ruby was not scaling her health with difficulty like other bosses. She will be a lot tougher to bring down now.
- Ratbo's boss arena has 25% of normal arena spawns, up from 15%.
- Jahun's boss arena has 20% of normal arena spawns, up from 15%.
- Phoenix Boomers now respawn in 5 seconds, down from 8
- Floating Snake Mage spawning cost reduced from 4 to 3.
- Lynx spawning cost increased from 5 to 6.
- Knight spawning cost reduced from 6 to 5.
- Proximity Rat 2 spawning cost increased from 8 to 9.
- The former Grand Return questline now awards 2k gold.
Quality of Life
- Clearer animations for the leaping garden world enemies
- Clearer feedback on Ravager enrage.
- Masochistic Blade tooltip now clarifies the damage is unavoidable. Clearer feedback on damage.
- Ratworld 3 is no longer as dark on Ugly But Fast setting.
- When the daily ends, players now have 1 hour to finish any runs that are still in progress.
- Fixed a crash bug from an obsolete file that had made its way into U41. (Sorry about that)
- Fixed a bunch of issues with Infused Blocking and Infused Strikes (stats were showing incorrectly in card phase and changing in later arenas)
- Fixed a bug where some 0 mana cost cards could not be played with no mana left.
- Close One quest had its counting disrupted by immunity frames between hits. It should be easier to complete now and the
- Soul Link now has a sound on hit and destroys barrels.
- Quests to kill a boss without taking damage no longer fail by card phase damage (blood pact, curse of excess, unstable mana) in the boss arena.
- Allied Phoenix Boomers no longer spawn an enemy respawn tombstone.
- Emergency Spleen now triggers when something else than an attack (e.g. Masochistic Blade) brings you below the threshold.
- Fixed some cases where bosses would say 2 lines on top of each other.
- C-SAR would sometimes incorrectly say you'd earned a boon.
- Fixed several daily and leaderboard issues.
- Copy Machine modifier should now work correctly in dailies that use a themed deck
- Banners in daily mode updated to reflect our next season’s sponsor; Speedlink!
We also pushed a small hotfix to update 41 in the interim, it contained the following fixes:
- Raff’s Son tooltip reworded to be shorter.
- Supplies: Ability bolts title and tooltip now reflect the Ability Bolts name change to Aeselator.
- Stormbringer can now properly shoot over low walls
- Haunting Ghost turrets (the blue ones) now properly fire their projectiles
Patch 41.535 (07 April 2016)
- Taunt is now 2 charges with 3 health per enemy, instead of 4 charges with 2 health per enemy.
- Poison Winds mana cost reduced from 4 to 3.
- The Nuke mana cost reduced from 6 to 5.
- Call The Sun mana cost increased from 1 to 3. Damage increased by 50%. (was in this update, not in 40 as previous patch notes suggested)
- Chain Reaction reduced from +200% to +150% portal speed.
- Delicate Summons reduced from +200% to +150% portal speed.
- Bend it Like Beckham mana requirement lowered from 10 to 8.
- Garden Lynx health down from 200 to 150
Quality of Life
- Better feedback for the explosions of Combustion Corpse and Aftershocks. The different size should be more visible now.
- Clarified Raff's Son tooltip
- Search function in deck builder improved
- Clarified Magnetic Weapon description
- Updated Volco's Volcanic Strike tooltip
- Updated some card titles
- Extreme duplicator 9000 renamed to Extreme Duplicator 9K (title was too long)
- Scroll Of Raining Daggers renamed to Scroll Of Daggerfall (title was too long)
- Ability Bolts renamed to The Aeselator (Kickstarter reward to name a card finally came through)
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Fixed an issue where armor pieces could fail to spawn for priestesses and Apep.
- Fixed some cases where the replenish mechanic could bug.
- Fixed quests for completing Grand Return with specific contestants.
- Fixed Caaareful quest.
- Gotta Go Fast's speed buff was not stacking.
- Raff's Flame Swords should no longer leave any permanent fire trails.
- Blood Pact now interacts correctly with the Soul Break rule
- Fixed some bizarre issues with Fairy Bottle.
- Fixed a bug that could make Scroll of Steel last forever
- C-SAR no longer yells that you've earned a boon during the victory cinematic
- Fixed an issue where Ruby could stop spawning bombs because of damage that penetrated her shield
- Quest reward popups no longer say gold when you earn shards.
- Allied priestesses shields are no longer hostile.
- Added a safety for Garden priestess’ shields being untargetable, they should now expire after some time
- Denver should no longer try to charge through walls.
- Infused Blocking and Infused Strikes should now give the correct base value when received from the artifact rule.
- Can no longer bypass gold reward by skipping through defeat screens with esc.
Patch 40.517 (30 March 2016)