Story Mode Update (27 March 2018)
- The new Story Mode of Outlast 2 allows players to experience the game with minimal challenges, fewer enemy encounters and more breathing room to fully immerse yourself in the universe.
- It is still possible to die, but we’ve decreased the number of enemies and have lowered their speed, damage and perception.
- We’ve also made tweaks to the pacing of the game to make more room for exploration, instead of chases.
- Also, we’ve taken the opportunity to reinsert some of the things we had to remove from the original game in order to get an M rating. These changes are not drastic in our opinion and do not impact gameplay, but they had to be made to avoid an Adult Only rating.
- That’s it. Hope you enjoy!
- the team at Red Barrels
Patch gog-3 (08th May 2017)
- Global rebalancing of the game difficulty.
- Microphone no longer uses extra batteries.
- Increased the size of subtitles.
- Fixed an issue on Intel HD 4000 cards where most dynamic lights were missing.
- Fixed an issue where flickering black squares appear in the center of the screen at some specific resolutions.
- Fixed an issue with alternate controller mappings and the camcorder UI.
- Fixed an issue with double doors where one of them is locked.
- Fixed some heretic sound effects.
- Fixed multiple minor gameplay issues (collisions, crawling, tutorials, etc.)
- Fixed multiple rare crashes.
- Added a "-refreshrate 60" command-line parameter to specify a preferred refresh rate (replace 60 by the desired refresh rate).
- Added a "-notexturelimit" command-line parameter to remove texture size limits based on VRAM amount.
- Added a "-borderless" command-line parameter to use borderless fullscreen and not have to edit INI files.
Patch gog-2 (26th April 2017)
- Adds GOG Galaxy Features support - Achievements