Patch 1.5 (21 December 2020)
Santa came early... Stardew Valley's 1.5 update is now available! As always, this update is completely free for anyone who owns Stardew Valley.
1.5 adds a big piece of new content to the "end-game" of Stardew Valley.
Now, completing the Community Center is just the beginning...
It's not all about end-game content, though... there's plenty of new stuff all throughout the game, as well as useful improvements and convenience features.
This update also adds local (split-screen) co-op.
I like to keep most of the big stuff secret, so that you'll be surprised when you encounter it in game.
However, if you don't mind spoiling it, and want to know everything that's in the update,
here's a full changelog.
A no-spoiler list of some of the new features:
- Local (split-screen) co-op
- New people to meet
- New goals
- Many new items
- A new type of quest
- A new farm layout
- New game options like "remixed" bundles (see below)
- New character events
- A new Community Upgrade
- Home renovations (after you've fully upgraded your house)
- Ducks can now swim
- You can sit in chairs
- You can move your bed
- Fish Tanks
- A bunch of new furniture items as well as new furniture types like wall sconces
- 9 new music tracks
And so much more... you'll just have to see, I can't bear to spoil it
If you are starting a new farm for this update, make sure to check out the new farm layout (Beach Farm) and the advanced game options menu (click the wrench icon in the lower left of the character creation screen). Choosing "Remixed" bundles randomizes the Community Center bundles with some brand new ones, and variations of the classics.
NOTE: To play split-screen mode, you'll need cabins on your farm to house the other players (Robin can build them, or If you're starting a new game, you can choose to start with cabins already placed on the farm via the advanced game options menu). Once the cabins are there, open your game menu, scroll down to multiplayer, and select "Start local co-op" . The other player can now press start on a controller to initiate split-screen.
Well, please have fun with the new update, and as always, thanks for playing Stardew Valley!
Patch 1.4.4 (31 January 2020)
- Adjusted dropped item pickups so that they’re more responsive for clients in multiplayer and will “rubber band back” to their previous locations less frequently.
- Adjusted item collection code so that machines tucked in corners can be refilled without using cursor mode.
- Added Elliott’s 14-heart not properly working in non-English languages.
- Fixed a data entry issue that caused some fish ponds to use incorrect data.
- Fixed the Shrimp Enthusiast Shirt applying the wrong shirt artwork.
- Fixed a softlock when watching the 2nd Fall movie in all non-English languages.
- Fixed the cursor not appearing in the level up profession selector if the Controller Style Menus option is toggled off while using a controller.
- Unsuccessfully crafting an unstackable item while already holding an item on your cursor no longer grants you credit for crafting it.
- Fixed an issue where Garden Pots would consume seeds without planting them if they were planted from more than a tile away.
- Fixed the color selector sliders on the Farmhand creation screen having incorrect navigation on controller.
- Fixed the logic for fruit tree obstruction checking the wrong tile.
- Fixed the dagger swipe sound effect repeating an extra time in multiplayer if another player is in the same area.
- Krobus will no longer get jealous if you gift characters you’re dating after he moves in.
- Penny now leaves Garden Pots alone in her 14 heart event.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Sam’s 6 heart event to soft-lock.
- The game now re-issues the player the Qi’s Challenge quest if they had previously opened the mail, but dismissed it without accepting the quest.
- Items placed in an ex’s room are now collected and placed in a chest after divorce.
- You can no longer give away quest items or non-giftable items during the Feast of the Winter Star.
- Adjusted some NPC gift reactions (Vincent and Jas now dislike Triple Shot Espresso, Dwarf now loves Lemon Stone, and Sam now enjoys concession stand Joja Cola.)
- Adjusted Desert map so that crab pots placed in the water no longer render incorrectly, and objects can no longer be placed on top of the Desert Trader.
- Removed Catfish from Willy’s fishing quests during Winter, as it’s impossible to catch one without a Rain Totem.
-Fixed a crash that could occur on the host when a client connects to a game that was set to Friends or Invite Only that is now being hosted on a platform that doesn’t support those online modes.
- Fixed incorrectly looping ambient noise in the Deep Woods at night.
- Fixed an issue where the Japanese localization’s dialogue for a spouse watering your crops would incorrectly show both gender variants of the text.
- Fixed the Simplified Chinese localization incorrectly showing Sunflower Seeds as a Fall only crop.
- Removed the ‘<‘ from the Simplified Chinese localization of the “Pet loves you” dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where Junimos would show an empty text bubble when bringing a bundle to the Junimo Hut after completing a bundle in Simplified Chinese or Korean.
- Fixed an issue where viewing the Junimo Note before learning to read it would cause certain text to permanently display much larger in the Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean localizations
- Filled in some missing characters in the Korean fonts. This fixes some instances where an asterisk appears instead of a Korean character.
- Fixed a minor typo in Grandpa’s Note in the Korean localization.
Also, the mobile 1.4 update is currently in the process of rolling out to players over the next several days… first with android, and then followed by iOS.v
Update 1.4.361914464 (26 November 2019)
The new 1.4 update for Stardew Valley is now available! As usual, this update is completely free for anyone who owns Stardew Valley. It's always fun & exciting to share new content with you, and I really hope you enjoy discovering all the new stuff.
This update not only adds new content and features to the game, but improves the gameplay experience with a ton of "quality of life" features... including some popular & long-standing requests from the community. There's also an enormous amount of bug fixes and some optimizations improvements--in short, the game is more polished than ever. I hope this update will greatly improve your Stardew Valley experience, and make your time in the valley even more joyful, seemless, and fun.
Below is a very, very condensed version of the 1,4 changelog, with some spoilers:
- A new mystery to the abandoned JojaMart ...
- Added some more character events... including a new 14-heart event for every spouse.
- Added Fish Ponds, a new farm building that allows you to raise fish and harvest a variety of items from them.
- Added a new farm map: Four Corners
- Added a tailoring & clothing system
- Over 60 new items, some fun, some practical and some powerful
- Added 24 new hairstyles, 181 new shirts, 35 new hats, 14 new pants, and 2 new boots
- Added the ability to invite a certain friend to be your "Housemate"
- Junimo Kart has been almost completely re-done
- You can now choose from 3 cat breeds & 3 dog breeds.
- Added a new end-game farm building
- Sheds can be upgraded to double their interior size
- Added a Desert Trader
- Added 2 new monsters and 2 new alternative levels to the mines
- A new type of upgrade at the Blacksmith's
- An emote menu for your farmer (default key is Y)
- The social tab now keeps track of villagers' likes and dislikes (click on a villager's icon)
- Marlon can now recover an item for you after getting knocked out in the mines
- You now have the option to play multiplayer with separate money coffers, instead of shared.
- Huge amount of Quality of Life improvements, like being able to stack "big" items (like kegs), or seeing the Junimo Note icon pulse when hovering over an item that's required for a bundle.
- 14 new music tracks!
- Hundreds of bug fixes
Again, please keep in mind this is a highly condensed version of the changelog that leaves out a lot of details. The actual changelog is much too long to paste here, but if you'd like to see the complete, spoiler-filled version, please check out this link.
I hope you have fun with the new update, and as always, thanks for playing Stardew Valley!
Update 188.8.131.52109 (03 March 2019)
The new languages update (1.3.36) is now live for everyone, and includes a couple of bug fixes.
- Added French, Korean, Italian, Hungarian, and Turkish language support
- Fixes bug where giving a gift to an NPC caused the gift action to happen twice in rapid succession
- Fixes furniture rotation bug for "stools"
- Fixes morning music not being played correctly
- (spoiler) Fixes Junimos not disappearing after the final goodbye
- New "About/Credits" menu on title screen
Thanks everyone who helped test out the beta, your feedback was really helpful!
Next up is a big free content update (1.4), that includes lots of new stuff, as well as some really nice quality of life features.
Thanks for playing Stardew Valley!
Update 1.3.33 (9 January 2019)
- Improved performance in locations with lots of light sources (e.g. torches).
- Improved performance on farms with lots of animals.
- Tweaked new "H" health icon.
- Fixed multiplayer visual glitch when another player uses a tool and then starts moving in a new direction.
- Fixed "fishing stance" visual glitches in multiplayer.
Update 1.3.32 (19 November 2018)
- Optimised network performance.
- Added more ways for the host to unpause the server (by pressing ESC, B, Back).
- Added alternative way to show the chat box (press right stick button on a controller).
- Added internal changes for modders (should have no effect on vanilla gameplay).
- Fixed slimes not pouncing correctly.
- Fixed items-crafted stat being 0 after loading a file until you craft something again.
- Fixed rabbit's foot not affecting the breakup scene in non-English language modes.
- Fixed some rare tool-related crashes in multiplayer.
- Fixed an audio-related crash often caused when using bombs.
- Fixed Junimos dropping crops on the floor instead of collecting them.
- Fixed NPCs walking through the saloon doors.
- Fixed a few rare-ish crashes that can occur when connecting to another player's game.
- Fixed eye color being reset to brown after reloading.
- Fixed inability to use rod / slingshot in festival minigames.
- Fixed the title menu back button being hidden behind submenus.
- Fixed inability to move after receiving a gift at the Feast of the Winter Star.
- Fixed crash when saving after the game adds Lewis's shorts to Marnie's house.
- Fixed crash viewing the map when another player is in certain events.
- Fixed "double sound" when using singing stone.
- Fixed a Geneva Convention violation (by replacing red crosses in graphics).
- Fixed clicks on the chatbox not being registered when the game is paused.
- Fixed players sometimes walking off in a straight line through all terrain when they get disconnected.
- Fixed babies sometimes spawning in houses that don't belong to the parents.
- Fixed the potential for overnight events to cancel or skip a wedding event.
- Fixed a desync that could occur if a player tried to get into the casino after a different player has removed the bouncer.
- Fixed players able to simultaneously build overlapping farm buildings.
- Fixed only one player being able to get the dark talisman.
- Fixed the inability to place donated items on the bottom two rows of the museum.
- Fixed farmhands being unable to pick up items they dropped in festivals.
- Fixed Pam's upgraded house interior event not happening.
- Fixed visual glitches caused by triggering a shared event simultaneously with the return scepter.
- Fixed softlock caused by mistaken ability to use daggers during events.
- Fixed players all receiving the same personal overnight events on the same day (e.g. spouse asking if you want a baby).
- Fixed attempting to demolish cabins of abnormally disconnected farmhands causing the cabin to be destroyed after you leave the buildings menu.
- Fixed farmers getting stuck in the fishing casting animation after picking up someone else's rod.
- Fixed host sometimes appearing stuck using tool in shared events.
- Fixed softlock when you play the Journey of the Prairie King past 2am.
- Fixed glitched chest lid appearing when you destroy a cabin.
- Fixed duplicate songs in the jukebox.
- Fixed only one player's glow ring working at a time.
- Fixed farmhands not being able to see each others' bundle changes.
- Fixed bug causing some players to become married to two other players in 3-4 player farms.
- Fixed player sometimes getting stuck in bed after another player got in and then back got out.
Update 1.3.28 (14 August 2018)
- Fixed bug preventing buildings from being placed where there would be a path/flooring tile in front of the door.
- Fixed music not playing at the Luau festival and in town.
- Fixed clients occasionally crashing in rainy weather.
- Fixed server crash when there are no available network adapters.
- Fixed the load menu showing 'no saved games' while searching for files.
- Fixed crash that occurred if you collided with a monster on the first frame you entered a new location.
- Fixed Robin forgetting that she's meant to upgrade a farmhand cabin if the farmhand disconnects abnormally.
- Fixed farmhands not being able to set the next day's weather with rain totems.
- Fixed farmhands 'swimming' inside their cabins if they're disconnected while swimming in the spa.
- Fixed swimming-related visual bugs in on farmers' faces.
- Fixed furniture rotation graphical glitch.
- Fixed a crash that occurs if you try to copy an invite code while remotely logged into the machine the game is running on.
- Fixed a German localisation issue with '%Farm' appearing in text instead of the farm's name.
- Fixed spouse NPCs not kissing farmers.
- Various internal changes requested on the modding wishlist.
Update 1.3.27 (1st August 2018)
Update (09 November 2017)
- Fixed overlay support for the Mac version of Stardew Valley.
Patch 1.2.33 (11 July 2017)
- Fixes a long-standing issue where starting a new save file after using exit to title can overwrite an existing file
- Restores some localised content that was unintentionally excluded in 1.2.31
Patch 1.2.31 (07 July 2017)
- Fixed a couple of crashes related to use of slot machines
- Fixed a couple of potential sources of unnecessarily increased memory usage
- Fixed some options in dialogue not being usable with a controller
- Fixed the 'loading...' message on loading screens wrapping incorrectly in some languages
- Added more space for the '(single)' text on the social page (Russian)
- Fixed the cut-off 'level up' title (Portuguese)
- Fixed some dialogue options in Linus's 0 heart event being missing (Portuguese)
Patch 1.2.30 (15 May 2017)
- windowed / fullscreen preferences are shared between all save files now
- fixed crashes while loading save files
Patch 1.2.29 (08 May 2017)
- fixed crashes while loading save files
- fixed crashes when going fullscreen
- fixed crashes while saving due to slay-monster quests
Patch 1.2.26 (25 April 2017)
- Translations for German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
- When using a controller, the cursor will snap between menu buttons by default. If you disable that, the cursor will instead accelerate while moving.
- When using a controller, pressing the back button will skip events that are skippable.
- Exit to Title has returned.
- Fixed lighting shader not covering the whole screen on Mac and Linux.
- Switching from "Windowed Borderless" to "Fullscreen" should now go straight to fullscreen instead of Windowed mode.
- Wallpapers and floors no longer have a tile placement indicator showing a random object
- Increased stability of preference-saving code. This should fix infrequent crashes that require the player to delete startup_preferences.
- Fixed a crash that can happen when a pig tries to spawn a truffle but there's no space for it.
- Fixed a couple of rare crashes that could have occurred at any time during the game.
- Fixed a typo of the word 'pronounce' in the marriage event.
- Fixed the player not getting the recipe for Cookies if they skip Evelyn's event.
- Farming level now affects crop yield prior to level 10
Update 1.11(A) (22 March 2017)
- Added support for Cloud Saves in GOG Galaxy 1.2 and newer
Patch 1.11 (07 October 2016
- Farm bulidings can now be placed in more areas, including on grass.
- All the new farm maps now provide some kind of fishing opportunity, although the Riverlands farm is still superior
- The Riverlands farm now has the potential to spawn splashing fish nodes and ore panning nodes.
- On the Riverlands and Forest maps, some bushes can be destroyed with an upgraded axe
- Digging spots now appear on the Farm, although less frequent as elsewhere. The Hill- Top farm quarry also has a chance of spawning them.
- Slime Egg prices increased (green to 1000g, blue to 1750g, red to 2500g, purple to 5000g)
- Placing a Wicked Statue in a slime hutch prevents the witch from cursing it.
- Mutant Bug Lair now replenishes itself a bit each day.
- On the Forest map, forage items have a chance to spawn on any grassy area, not just in the west.
- Price of Galaxy Dagger has been corrected to 35,000 (it was at 350,000)
- The Artisan Perk description has been corrected to reflect the actual bonus (it's 40% now, but the description still says 50%)
- Weeds in the Mutant Bug Lair no longer change with the season (and no longer turn to battery packs in the winter)
- Monsters in the mutant bug lair will now always be mutant... not revert to the standard grub/fly after saving and reloading.
- Meteorites can no longer land on top of stumps or boulders
- You can once again place buildings in the little shaded strip right below cliffs.
- Fixes a crash that could occur while saving after seeing a town improvement cutscene on the Wilderness farm.
- Forage no longer spawns under stumps.
- Spring onions and seasonal berries can be iridium quality with the botanist perk
- Truffles should no longer spawn in the water
- Pets can no longer walk down the cellar stairs into the void.
- The Outlaw boss in Journey Of The Prairie King will warp back to the center of the map if he happens to run too far off screen in either direction
- Coop animals can now actually produce higher quality produce, like they were supposed to
- You can no longer fill your watering can at a well that's in construction
- The forage berry bushes are now affected by the botanist perk
- Forage items shouldn't spawn in inaccessible places.
- When you reach level 5 or 10 in a skill, but haven't slept yet, it no longer shows your new profession as "Desperado"
- Fixed issue where lightning that struck an object on the farm would cause that object to "pop" into the current map when the current map was not the farm.
- Spouses will now speak to you when they come home on Friday nights.
- Trees can no longer spread off the map into the void, causing the game to start getting slower with each day.
- Minor convenience adjustments and bug fixes.
Patch 1.1 (04 October 2016)
- Shane and Emily are now available to marry. They each have new events, music, and more!
- Spouses now have a unique outdoor area and behavior on the farm.
- You can now choose from 5 different farm maps at character creation. Each map is focused on a different skill area.
- Standard Farm - The original Stardew Valley farm.
- Riverland Farm - Lots of water, good for fishing.
- Forest Farm - Foraging opportunities and a unique weed that always drops mixed seeds.
- Hill-top Farm - Has a small mineral deposit from which ores spawn, including a unique geode-bearing ore.
- Wilderness Farm - Monsters spawn at night.
- "Shed" building... An empty room that can be decorated, filled with kegs, etc.
- "Mill" building... Can be used to turn wheat into flour and beets into sugar overnight.
- A new quest that can be started after the Community Center or JojaMart quest arc is complete. The new quest results in a new "magical construction" feature available from the Wizard's Tower. The new quest is triggered when you enter the Railroad area.
- Added several new locations that are related to the above quest. "Junimo Hut" building (Magical Construction). Junimos will harvest crops within a certain distance of the hut, instantly transporting the harvest back to the hut for you to gather at your convenience.
- "Earth Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the mountains.
- "Water Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the beach.
- "Gold Clock" building (Magical Construction). Prevents weeds from spawning and fences from decaying on your farm.
- You can now move your buildings via Robin's construction menu.
- New house upgrade from Robin that adds a cellar to your house and teaches you the "cask" crafting recipe. In the cellar, you can use Casks to age cheese and alcohol, increasing their quality.
- "Iridium-star" level quality is now attainable for goods, fruit, and forage items (if you have the botanist perk). Iridium-star level items have twice the value of normal items.
NPC's now appreciate quality level in gifts, but it only has an effect on gifts they "like" or "love".
- Added Coffee, a spring/summer crop, and Coffee Bean. The bean acts as the produce and the seed, similar to sunflowers.
- 5 Coffee beans can be added to a Keg to make coffee.
- Honey can be placed in a keg to make mead.
- Void eggs can be placed in mayonnaise machines to make void mayonnaise.
- 2 new fish, "Void Salmon" and "Slimejack"
- You can now choose to color your chests with one of 20 color options.
- Evil Shrines, where you can make offerings in exchange for dark magic.
- Divorce. You can file from a little book in mayor's house.
- You can now wallpaper the little hallways in your upgraded house.
- When you beat Journey Of The Prairie King, you can now start over in a harder mode, keeping your upgrades and coins.
- 2 new "Lost Books"
- Krobus now sells a "Return Scepter"... a tool which acts as a permanent warp totem to the farm.
- Giving someone a gift on their birthday will never make your spouse jealous.
- Pierre now sells a "Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to all wallpapers and floors.
- Robin now sells a "Furniture Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to nearly all furnitures.
- If you’ve found the Galaxy Sword, you can now buy another from Marlon.
- You can also buy the Galaxy Dagger and Galaxy Hammer.
- Slime balls have a chance to drop petrified slime
- Added a graphics option to display “sharper” stack number digits.
- You can once again plant fruit trees around the edge of the Greenhouse interior.
- All animal products are increased in value by 25%
- The Rancher profession now increases the value of animal products by 20%, up from 10%
- The Artisan profession now increases the value of Artisan goods by 40%, down from 50%
- The Blacksmith profession now increases the value of metal bars by 50%, up from 25%
- The value of Blueberry is now 50g, down from 80g
- The value of Starfruit is now 750g, down from 800g
- The value of Cranberry is now 75g, down from 130g
- The value of Ancient Fruit is now 550g, down from 750g
Cranberry Seeds now sell for 60g, down from 120g (The price to buy them from the store is the same)
- Fences take twice as long to decay
- Wild plums are now labeled as fruit.
- Grandpa's Shrine should now always properly give the reward for reaching 4 candles.
- Fixed issue where gathering an item with the "botanist" profession would fail if the inventory was full, even though the gold-level item was present in the inventory.
- Slime charmer ring should now protect against giant slimes
- You can no longer tap a stump
- Fixed Joja Warehouse graphic issue in winter
- "Check action"-mapped keys should now work to attach bait to a rod.
- Rain ambient sound should no longer play in Sandy's Oasis under any conditions.
- Your baby should now be properly born, even if you pass out in the mines on the eve of the birth.
- Moonlight Jellies engagement crash
- Galaxy sword should now be truly unloseable
- You can no longer lose hay to a hopper because you have no silo.
- You can no longer plant fruit trees off the farm.
- “Attack” foods now properly give an attack buff.
- Clay can no longer always be found one tile above a previously discovered clay spot.
- Blue Jazz flowers in the refrigerator are now properly consumed in cooking recipes.
- Fruit that drops when you chop a tree now properly stacks with fruit that drops when you shake a tree
- Worm bins no longer continue to produce worms every 10 minutes after midnight
- Jack-o-lanterns properly glow
- Torches and other light sources held by player are now properly lit after saving/reloading
- You will now see the final Joja cutscene if you switched to Joja after starting with the community center.
- When retrieving the cave carrot for Marnie, she will only take one from you.
- Fixed strange behaviors when picking up certain items with a full inventory.
- When a bomb is placed and then the player leaves the area, the resulting debris will no longer erroneously appear in the new area.
- Watering a trough in a slime hutch will now have no effect on the troughs in other slime hutches.
- Using the rain totem and then quickly entering your house no longer causes you to become stuck in the wall.
- The stone floor now look correct in any configuration.
- Numerous minor bug fixes.
- Typo fixes
The new balancing changes correct the values of a few outlier crops that were far more valuable than all others by a huge margin. I don't want Stardew Valley to make players feel "forced" into one particular way of making money. I think it's a lot more fun to feel like there are many different options for success. However, I do understand that growing blueberries and making ancient fruit wine is part of the Stardew culture at this point, so I've made sure that they are still very lucrative options. But these changes should help players feel like they have a few more options.
Update (05 August 2016)
- updated the Linux version of Stardew Valley with better support for 32-bit systems.
Update (03 August 2016)
- added the Mac & Linux versions of Stardew Valley.
Patch 1.07 Hotfix (08 April 2016)
- quick fix for Harvey's bugged 4-heart event.
Patch 1.07 (07 April 2016)
- Spouses now say unique dialogues during festivals (most of the time), rather than the generic handful of dialogues
- Spouse stands next to you at the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies
- In-law dialogue... when you marry someone, their parents/relatives dialogues will change slightly to account for the change
- Sam, Sebastian, and Abigail now go to the saloon on fridays after you marry them.
- Spouses won't leave on rainy days, unless they have to go to work.
- Fruit trees produce higher quality fruit as they age. (once per year, up to gold star)
- Fruit tree harvesting now involves shaking the tree to drop the fruit
- Lightning strikes now have a unique effect on fruit trees
- Lightning is more likely to strike trees and crops, but lightning rods now have a very good chance of intercepting lightning strikes (if they aren't already processing a lightning bolt)
- Charcoal Kiln now requires 10 wood to produce 1 coal, down from 20
- Maxed-out friendship levels will no longer decay
- Added another digit to the shipping menu money counters.
- Dying in mines is less harsh: money lost caps at 5000g, rate of item loss reduced, can't lose rings or the Galaxy Sword
- Your assigned movement keys are now used within Journey Of The Prairie King
- You can now retrieve powerups and coins that drop on the edge of the map in Journey Of The Prairie King
- The last two hearts are now greyed-out for marriage candidates until you give them the bouquet
- Willy now likes most fish dishes
- Adventurer's Guild now sells monster slayer rewards after you've unlocked them (you still get the free reward)
- Hardware mouse cursor option
- Tools left in chests within farm buildings won't count as "missing"
- Poppy properly consumed in poppyseed muffin recipe
- Can no longer incorrectly "consume" trap bobbers (click to make them disappear with strange sound)
- Agriculturist profession no longer causes an extra 25% growth rate when speed-gro isn't present. Speed increase effects should now properly apply to very slow-growing crops.
- Fixed sunflower seed price at JojaMart
- Chests should no longer appear on top of you in bed after upgrading your house.
- Item placement with the gamepad improved, and there is now an option to show an item placement indicator
- Snow yams shouldn't appear in the desert anymore
- Sea Cucumber should properly appear in the fishing tab of the Shipping menu
- Farm animals should no longer get stuck on fences placed directly to the right of the barn door.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Minor changes/fixes to dialogue
Patch 1.06 (21 March 2016)
- Added unique dialogues for all spouses.
- Spouses now leave the house on mondays.
- Value of most animal products increased.
- Holly is now poisonous.
- Missing events problem shouldn't happen anymore.
- Fixed weird rectangle lighting problem.
- Flooring can now be removed by bombs.
- You can press a "menu" button (Esc. or 'E' by default) to close out of yes/no dialogues
- If no other function is mapped to it, the 'Y' key will choose "yes" in a yes/no dialogue
- You can use the trigger buttons on a gamepad to navigate through the Community Center menu.
- Fixed disappearing item problem. (items can still be destroyed by farm debris)
- Kegs now require oak resin to craft.
- Bee houses now require maple syrup to craft.
- Tortilla price changed from 75g to 50g.
- Nautilus shell (artifact) renamed to Nautilus fossil.
- Minor fixes.
- More secrets.
Patch 1.05 (10 March 2016)
- Restored a "Lost" Shane event.
- Changed earthquake to Summer 3rd... to make it clear that it's the season change that kills crops.
- Increased opportunities for iridium. The chance to find iridium in the skull caves increases significantly every ten levels.
- Added a zoom in/out feature to the options tab.
- Added volume sliders for ambient sounds and footstep sounds.
- Added snow transparency slider.
- Added option to turn off flash effects.
- Added lighting quality option.
- Leah's schedule has been fixed.
- Spouses who have jobs won't get stuck in the bus area anymore.
- Upgrading a house with crafted flooring should no longer cause a mess.
- Added quest (Rat Problem) to make it clearer that you have to investigate the Community Center.
- Restored more advanced NPC end-point behavior.
- "Secret" NPC's should no longer show up on calendar until you meet them.
- Escargot, chowder, etc. should now properly give fishing buff.
- You now truly cannot pass the bouncer.
- You can no longer get stuck trying to board the bus.
- Fixed issue with invisible trees preventing interaction with tiles.
- Dead flowers no longer affect honey.
- You can now dance with your spouse at the Flower Dance.
- Fixed issue where inactive window was still responding to input.
- Fixed fertilizer prices in Pierre's shop.
- Fixed Fector's Challenge
- You can now press the toolbar shortcut keys (1,2,3, etc. by default) to change the active slot while the inventory menu is up.
- Iron ore nodes can no longer be removed, only destroyed.
- Dog should no longer sit on chests...
- Spouses less likely to run away into the dark abyss.
- Naming your child after an NPC should no longer cause issues.
- Fixed issue where recipes would sometimes consume more ingredients than they should.
- Fixed crashes in certain cutscenes, when certain dialogue options were chosen.
- Many small bug and typo fixes.
- Grandpa's had a change of heart... he feels he's been a little too harsh with his judgements. He no longer mentions "great honors", and his dialogue is a lot softer. If he's already visited you, check his shrine for a new opportunity...
Patch 1.04 (4 March 2016)
- Added a randomize character button to the character creation screen.
- Robin now sells crafting recipes for "Wood Floor", "Stone Floor", and "Stepping Stone Path".
- Added a secret new way to modify a rare item.
- Increased grass growth rate.
- Increased forage spawn possibilities, and made it much less likely for forage to spawn behind trees.
- Reduced value of honey from 200g to 100g.
- Raised clint's ore prices.
- Inventory menus now indicate which slot is the "active slot".
- Made the meteor look snazzier.
- Fixed problem with swinging sword while riding horse.
- Fixed strange lighting behavior when holding torches.
- Fixed problem where stone fence was spawning debris.
- Spouse should no longer get stuck on their way to town.
- Wild seeds now produce the proper produce when in the greenhouse.
- Secret Gift exchange should now work properly.
- All scarecrows now give reports on their crow-scaring activity.
- Bouncer is now truly impassable.
- Trees no longer grow in front of warp statues.
- Willy's shop no longer counts as water.
- The meteor should no longer appear in pond or buildings.
- If an object is ever directly underneath you, preventing you from moving, right click to remove it.
- Mariner and Luremaster professions should now work properly
- Tappers are now properly destroyed by bombs.
- Fixed bathing hairstyle inconsistency.
- Fixed various item duplication and stacking issues.
- Poppyseed Muffin now actually looks like a muffin.
- Quest items should no longer disappear when you die.
- You can no longer give quest items to the wrong person.
- The skull cave quest can no longer be completed before receiving the actual journal entry.
Patch 1.03 (29 February 2016)
- The cooking menu now looks for items in your refrigerator as well as your inventory.
- Scarecrow range reduce to 8 tiles radius.
- Run speed increase a very small amount.
- The price of mayonnaise and other artisan animal products now increased by the rancher profession.
- Once you befriend someone to 2 hearts, their room is permanently unlocked, even if you go below 2 hearts again.
- Diagonal speed now proper.
- Fixed duplicate item issue in the mines.
- Ladders should no longer spawn underneath the player, locking them in place.
- Fixed problems with the Community Center menu. You can now throw items down and delete them ('delete' key) in the Community Center menu.
- Fixed item quality exploit.
- You can now throw items down while in the crafting menu.
- If you destroy the stable, you can now rebuild it.
- Spa won't recharge you while the game is paused.
- Fixed problems with the Stardew Valley Fair fishing game.
- Various stability fixes.
- Scrolling through Community Center tabs fixed.
Patch 1.02 (29 February 2016)
- If you never received your pet, you will now have another opportunity.
- When you go to sleep, the game now checks if any of your essential tools are missing. If so, they will appear next to your bed in the morning.
- The game now properly saves on level-up nights.
- Eating skill food and then going to bed on a level-up night works properly now.
- Fixed problem where completing the Crafts Room while standing in certain locations causes your character to get stuck.
- Player character should now walk correctly while in a cutscene after drinking coffee.
- Removed an item duplication exploit.
- Forage items should no longer spawn in the woods above the beach.
- Fixed Crab Pot problem (again)
- Fixed exploding armchair bug.
- Relaxing in the spa with your menu up no longer restores energy.
- Removed Leah's doppelganger.
- Debris should no longer spawn in the pathway between farm & forest.
- Fixed disappearing tapper problem.
- Fixed a few minor graphics problems & dialogue typos.
- Other minor issues (spoilers)
- Tools being upgraded no longer erroneously considered "missing"
- Clay duplication bug fixed
- Pet cutscene won't refer to the "cat" as a "dog" anymore.
- Leah's 10-heart event fixed
- Pepper Popper recipe now requires cheese.
Patch 1.01 (29 February 2016)
- Fixed random crash when going to sleep after getting your pet
- Sound effect volume now properly applied on load
- 'Error item' should no longer appear for sale in the Saloon
- 'Z' key is now bind-able
- No longer possible to exit the Community Center menus while having an item selected by the cursor (which used to delete that item).
- Finding your first artifact from a geode no longer destroys remaining held geodes.
- Mature wild crops no longer disappear on day of load.
- Crab pots can now be placed and removed without issue.
- Fixed crash when inspecting chests in the mines.
- You can no longer place chests in the mines
- Tree seeds no longer incorrectly show a "Wrong Season" message
- Fixed some map issues