Update (16 July 2019)
We hope you’re all comfortable and well fed within your bunkers!
The team have just released a new hotfix patch for the game, fixing some bugs and adding further quality of life improvements.
Full details can be found below:
- Added d-pad button shortcut for answering radio
- Added controller icons to the recycling output panel
- Removed the buttons from the bottom of the customisation page (when using gamepad)
- Fixed an issue where a second incinerator would appear in Surrounded mode
- Fixed an issue with the Scientist’s speech bubble in Stasis
- Fixed an issue where the generator would duplicate itself
- Change to camera pan position for Macroy’s cutscene
- Boss avatar image fix in Surrounded
- Removed green circle marker for combat
- Fixed an issue where the wardrobe was removing hazmat suit textures
- Fixed an issue to the character’s avatar when you customise appearance using the wardrobe whilst wearing a hazmat suit
- Fixed an issue with locations not being lootable when an NPC runs from an intimidation attempt
- Fixed an issue where the item bin would duplicate meat
- Fix for hazmat suit 1 not saving in the hazmat bay
- Updated size of text boxes for items needed (lab, ammo, upgrade panels)
- Equipping binoculars on the map equipment screen will now have immediate effect on the parties’ sight range
- Fixed an issue with the Stasis Power Core cutscene
- Fixed an issue in Stasis for family members forgetting they were dead when returning from a lost expedition
- Fixed an issue where the player could click the radio icon when there is another panel on the stack
- Items that are crafted but cannot to be added to inventory are now added to item bin
- Fixed an issue where an expedition party would not return when a mutant lurker is present at shelter and there are no surviving members left in the shelter
- Players cannot deconstruct shelter storage if it would result in item loss to stop them from losing items
- Fixed several issues with the missing family member quest
- Bug fix for expedition set up running out of grid space for food, meats and water
- Fixed an issue where NPC’s are assigned the same trait
- Fixed an issue where characters could become stuck when leaving the shelter
- Missing family member quest will no longer spawn when scanning on the radio when no family members are missing
- Players are no longer be able to start an encounter with a mutant by the radio and then start a second one on the surface during the transition period between encounters
- Minor localisation fixes to items
- Fixed an issue where the dog was showing as having ammo on first turn during combat
- Fixed an issue with the Boss cutscene in Surrounded
- Fixed an issue where dead characters would be able to enter shelter combat
- Small text changes throughout the game
- Fixed an issue where parties would become stuck if they tried to start a quest that had been removed.
- Fixed an issue where laser weapons where showing up with useable combat items
We hope these fixes and tweaks make your life in the apocalyptic ruins of Earth that little bit more comfortable.
Stasis Mode Update (15 October 2018)
Earth is dying. There will be no recovering from the apocalypse that man has unleashed onto the world.
The land is swarming with mutated people and animals, the weather conditions become more extreme week by week and resources have become all but non-existent.
Earth is no longer a home, you must reach out to the stars and find a new one…
Sheltered: Stasis - Objectives
In Stasis, our second scenario for Sheltered, you’ll be tasked with building and launching a rocket to leave Earth.
The game will be complete if you successfully find all the rocket parts and launch the rocket, or, if your family dies/become unconscious. There are eight different endings for Stasis, depending on the success, or failure, of your mission.
You’ll have 75 days to complete your mission before your shelter can no longer protect your family.
This allows the player to change the outfits/colours of their characters during the game. It must first be crafted by the player using the crafting bench.
New planter functionality (With new fertilizer item)
- The planter now has a new added state - ‘Wilting’, before it dies.
- The planter can now use fertiliser to increase the yield of harvest.
- The planter can now be harvested at any time (so long as there is something to harvest)
New UI label is displayed on the map for visited locations showing what items the location can contain (survival mode only).
- This also tells the player which equipment they’ll need to unlock a hidden item (Stasis AND Survival).
Changing a party members loadout (weapon, equipped items and load carrying items) is now possible during an expedition (Using view map).
Clipboard now shows more information.
- There is a second tab on the clipboard panel. It shows the family stats and needs.
Unlockable, hidden items at locations (Require lockpick set, prospectors kit etc)
- Locations with hidden items now show a question mark icon, which tells the player what they need to do to unlock the hidden items. The player can come back with appropriate equipment to unlock it.
Radio auto resolves now give the player more information (If someone was lost in the wasteland etc)
Characters lost in the wasteland now spawn a quest in which you can release them from a prison. The character will then return to the shelter.
Characters can now eat meat from animal traps without having to first create a freezer.
- Other items harvested (leather) at that time will go into storage like normal
New Icon & text for damage taken from bleeding, suffocation and radiation will display when a character is in the shelter.
- -1 health will appear above their head as floating text
Players can now reload their gun during combat (wasteland only). Ammunition is now present on the UI during combat, as is equipped armour.
- We display ammo in the clip and ammo in party storage
- The item bin is a new addition to the main survival mode. It is a solution to a problem we’ve had with player’s having to lose items when they return, and their storage is full. Now, any excess items not added to the main storage are added to the item bin on the surface. When it contains items, the lid appears off. When it’s empty the lid is on. Items contained are essentially an extended storage for the player, but items are regularly taken by passing people on the surface. The more items in the bin, when the bin men arrive, the more items they take.
- Fix for missing child quest locking the game up when finding the child.
- Fix for gas masks not showing up on character sprites during encounters (if equipped).
- Fix for items going missing when an expedition returns if their inventory was full and they equipped a gas mask.
- Fix for crash sites re-spawning at the same location when completed.
- Characters permanently becoming sideways when deconstructing a bed that is being slept in.
- Glitch where a single frame of the climbing out of the hatch animation would disappear.
- Fix for weapons going missing when equipping them mid-expedition (using the map screen) if the player has full inventory and already has a weapon equipped.
- Fix for NPC's weapons not appearing at the feet of the character who dropped them when disarmed in combat.
- Hidden items should now work as expected when using a controller.
- Journal/ Family status panel full controller support added.
- Updated the planter’s hover-over text to have “plant condition” & “soil condition”
- Fixed an issue with the planter where un-fertilised seeds would give less food/seeds/plants on stage 3 than stage 2
- Fixed a bug where you wouldn’t be able to search a location which only had hidden items in it
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
One Last Thing…
We’d like to say a huge thank you to all our players who took part in the Stasis beta and shared their feedback with us. You rock!
To those survivors looking to escape Earth for the first time… Good luck, the wasteland just got a lot more dangerous.
Patch 1.7 (6th March 2018)
- Surrounded – New Mode!
- A new scenario has arrived as a free update for all Sheltered players!
A family of three, desperately low on supplies, makes the tough decision to split-up. The father heads out into the wilderness to look for the vital supplies that will keep his family alive, telling them he’ll be back in 50 days with the resources to save them from starvation.
The remaining family members, a mother and son, barricade themselves into their shelter, desperate to keep the horrors of the apocalypse at bay...but it’s not just the mutated and starving beasts they should fear.
Seeing the family temporarily separated and weakened, gangs of bandits and marauders put their plans into action to try and evict the family from their shelter, by any means necessary. The family have faced bandits in the past, but something is different this time. These groups have found themselves bosses, powerful individuals that won’t go down easily…
- 50 Days
- Limited supplies
- No way to replenish your water
- You are alone
- You are surrounded...
Gameplay Changes for Surrounded – From Beta to Release
- We just want to say a huge thank you to all the players who took the time to play and share their feedback during the beta for Surrounded. Your feedback has helped us craft the new Surrounded game mode into what it is today.
- Toybox and bookshelf are now deconstructable from the start for the scenario.
- Bosses now breach the shelter alone.
- Bosses do significantly more damage to the shelter doors.
- Bosses now take significantly less damage in combat - Each boss has separate resistance during combat.
- Bosses will no longer fire a full clip during combat.
- Animals will only spawn every 3 days.
- Secret locations will no longer disappear when the player reloads the game.
- Food and petrol now award 10 score for every unit the player has remaining at the end of the game.
- Added controller support.
- It no longer rains in the game. The player must make do with their starting amount of water for the duration of the game.
- Bug Fixes for Surrounded – From Beta to Release
- Fixing upgraded doors will no longer revert back to previous tier sprites.
- Fixed ladder layering issue - characters should no longer appear in front of the dirt overlay sprite.
- Fixed issue where players could queue incinerating job on a corpse twice.
- Gameplay Changes for Survival Mode (main game)
- Door alarm only sounds when the doors are broken.
- Breachers will now trigger combat on ladders if they are colliding with the player.
- Can no longer equip ammunition without first equipping a firearm.
- Various object collider changes - some objects had much larger colliders than their sprites. Allows more efficient use of space when arranging the shelter.
- Punch bag XP gained from using the punching back has been reduced by 50.
Patch 1.6 (New Items, Areas and Bug fixes and Breach Combat changes )
- Breaches: Added the ability to equip family members when they enter Shelter Breach combat. An equip menu will be
shown when a character collides with an attacker.
- Convoy & Helicopter Crash Sites: Added randomly occurring crash sites where special items can be found (Advanced
Gas Mask & Military Rucksack). These events randomly spawn in mountains.
- Game Speed: Added the ability to slow time.
- Camper Van: Increased inventory from 52 to 72
- Fire: Reduced the burn time for all burnable objects by 50% and increased the time it takes/water cost for
extinguishing a fire by hand.
- Adrenaline: Strength and Dexterity boost in combat
- Advanced Gas Mask: Unlimited use gas mask
- Military Rucksack: Has 24 inventory slots
- Animal Repellent: When equipped, reduces animal encounters by 90%
- Soap: Halves time it takes to shower
- Animal Fat: Used to create soap and animal repellent.
- Various bug fixes.
Patch 1.5 (New Difficulty Modes)
This update gives you more flexibility when playing Sheltered, whether you’re looking for even more of a challenge, or a more relaxed experience.
- Three brand new difficulty settings: Easy, Hard and Hardcore.
- Customisable difficulty options.
- Updated the menu system to incorporate difficulty settings.
- Various bug fixes.
Installer update (16th December 2017) [macOS Only]
- Installer update - No game files were changed.
Windows Update (04th December 2017) [Windows Only]
- Installer maintenance update - No game files were changed.
Patch 1.4 (12th October 2016)
• New quest “The Scavenger”.
• New quest “The Missing Child”.
• New quest “The Briefcase”.
• New quest “Traders Turf”.
• New quest “The Hinges”.
Bugfixes, balancing tweaks and changes:
• Shelters should no longer be attacked by invisible breachers.
• Fixed various grammatical errors in English.
• Empty planters should now display the correct status text in German.
• Job queue icons now display correctly for coffee drinking and coffee brewing.
• Sleep icon now correctly displays on activity task list if character is told to sleep after performing another task.
• Lockpick set's description is now localised into non-English supported languages.
- Added Simplified Chinese language support in-game
- Added in-game language selection for Simplified Chinese.
- Fixed an issue with map icons disappearing on both new and existing saves.
- Fixed an issue with expedition members not returning to the Shelter when affected by the map issue.
- Fixed an issue where the crafting bench panel would not scroll down for tier 2.
- Added Sentry Gun Trap to workbench tier 4. Heavier duty protection against raiders.
- Added Makeshift Recycler to workbench tier 2. A less efficient version of the Recycling Plant.
- Added Coffee Machine to workbench tier 3. Fulfils a small amount of thirst and tiredness.
- Added Coffee Beans item, to use with the Coffee Machine.
- Added location “The Restaurant”. Expeditions may find coffee beans more easily here.
- Added CCTV to workbench tier 4. Detect raiders a short time before a raid begins.
- Added Radio Transmitter upgrades:
- New upgrade menu for the Radio Transmitter
- Tier 1 increases scanning speed by 25% and increases visitors by 20%
- Tier 2 increases scanning speed by 50% and increases visitors by 40%
- Tier 3 increases scanning speed by 75% and increases visitors by 60%
Changes/tweaks to existing content:
- Paint trap has moved to workbench tier 1
- Spike trap has moved to workbench tier 2
- Shotgun trap has moved to workbench tier 3.
- Fixed a bug where moveable surface objects would not turn red when in an invalid position.
- Added Bed Roll equippable item (tier 1 craftable). Reduces stat drain on expeditions by up to 25%.
- Added Tent equippable item (tier 3 craftable). Reduces stat drain on expeditions by up to 50%.
- Added Metal Ore item (Found in Mines), which can be recycled for Metal and Rock
- Added Empty Petrol Can item. Added to inventory when using fuel. These can be recycled for Plastic
- Added Lockpick Set item (tier 3 craftable). This unlocks additional items when taken on expedition at farms, houses and office locations.
- Added Prospectors Kit (tier 2 craftable). This unlocks additional items when taken on expedition at clearings, mountain passes, caves and mines.
- Added Carrier Bag item. This can be crafted on tier 1 workbench, or found at random locations. This provides 2 inventory slots.
- Added Camouflage equippable item (tier 2 craftable). This reduces encounter chance by up to 25% when worn by all party members. Stackable with Motion Detector.
- Added Motion Detector equippable item (tier 4 craftable). This reduces encounter chance by up to 50% when taken on expeditions. Stackable with Camouflage.
- The Daze effect has been increased from 10% to 20% more likely to occur.
- The chance to subdue has been increased for all weapons.
- Hidden items can now be unlocked at locations with equippable items
- Added “Storage: StorageUsed/TotalStorage” tooltip info to all storage objects
- Added “Time Remaining 00:00” tooltip info to recycling plant
- Subdue option has been removed from Shelter combat.
- Paintings and Sculptures should now always be visible.
- The Ginger Root text should now appear in German in the German language.
- 1v1 combat now initiates between an inhabitant and a raider when they get close to each other within the shelter.
- New combat location “The Shelter”.
- Close quarters weapons can be taken into combat within the shelter if the item is in the shelter inventory when the raid begins. (Weapons are automatically assigned based on strength and damage dealt.)
- Traps now deal damage instead of killing NPC characters outright.
- Inhabitants can wear Good and Excellent body armour during shelter combat, if the item is in the shelter inventory when the raid begins.
Balancing tweaks and changes:
- Inhabitants in the shelter can be controlled during a shelter breach.
- Inhabitants with the cowardice trait still cannot be controlled during a shelter breach.
- The murder action has been removed from the NPC raiders.
- NPC raiders can still steal and break items whilst raiding the shelter.
- Breach frequency has been tweaked to occur more often.
- Characters are no longer automated or perform idle walking when a breach occurs.
- Breachers face the door when breaking into the shelter.
- Damage text appears next to traps that successfully hit breachers.
- The amount of items NPCs can steal has been tweaked.
- The Scenario Family Ties quest has been expanded...
- ...into the Extended Family quest. Players can now move to a new Shelter by completing the new quest Extended Family. This quest also grants an additional family member.
- It is now possible to get a new pet if the original one died. This is achieved during a shelter relocation, via the Extended Family quest.
- It is now possible to increase the number of layers available for your Shelter by moving shelter via the Extended Family quest.
- Brand New Tutorial has been added.
- An objective arrow now appears during the tutorial to guide the player.
- Help prompts appear for various actions if player opts to play tutorial.
- Achievements have been added:
- Extended Family.
- The RV can now be obtained via the RV quest if lost in pre-existing saves.
New Additional New Features
- Added Italian localisation.
- Added Brazilian-Portuguese localisation.
New Changes and Balancing
- Changed the stack sizes of certain item types.
- Changed the controls text on the map screen.
- Player now starts with 2 cement in their inventory.
- Extensive improvements to the localisation in non-English languages.
- Provided more explanation on how the map screen works.
- Difficulty tweak - all original family members becoming catatonic now ends the game - recruits no longer affect this.
- Invalid placement when moving objects in the shelter now makes objects appear red.
- Pet no longer moves during the tutorial - now it won't get in the way!
- Updated the school background.
- Updated the radio transmission button text.
- Updated the main game logo artwork.
- Updated the integrity loss rates for Showers
- Updated the stack sizes for various storage slots in the game.
- Reduced the trade value of Bandages.
- Reduced the trade value of First Aid Kits.
- Increased the storage size of the Large Storage Crate.
- Children can now interact with corpses.
- Added speech bubble for when children interact with corpses.
- Updated the image displayed on the character automation hint.
- Updated the colour of the health bars throughout the game so that they are the same everywhere.
- Increased the frequency of rubber at locations in the wasteland.
- Increased the frequency of nylon at locations in the wasteland.
- Decreased the frequency of food at locations in the wasteland.
- Decreased the frequency of leather at locations in the wasteland.
- Increased the accuracy of the Pistol.
- Increased the accuracy of the Shotgun.
- Increased the accuracy of the Rifle.
- Made the arrows for changing characters on the expedition screen more obvious.
- Made the arrows for scrolling on the crafting panel on the expedition screen more obvious.
- Gave the bear a running animation.
- The Journal "new entry" flashing icon will now disappear after 60 seconds without being looked at.
- Repositioned the button prompts for controller buttons on various panels throughout the menu system.
- Added another 20+ job icons to the job queue.
- Scalper faction now have the correct legs. Oops!
- New 25th Anniversary Team17 Digital Ltd logo (happy birthday!)
- Added button prompts for exiting dialogue boxes in the tutorial.
- Added button prompts for cancelling jobs.
- Removed the "Promise-Lie" section from The Other Shelter quest.
- Angry recruits can no longer degrade the workbench when they decide to leave the shelter.
- Angry recruits can now steal tools when they decide to leave the shelter.
- The time to arm traps during Shelter Breaching has been reduced.
- The Leader board screen has been re-arranged slightly.
- The Scenario expiration times have been re-balanced.
- The Other Shelter quest now express if not completed.
- Map is now right click and drag to move.
- The collision area for the Water Condenser has been fixed.
- Updated the credits screen.
New Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where character would become unresponsive if player saves and exits at perception gain screen.
- Fixed an issue where saving and exiting at expedition set up created duplicate expedition party.
- Fixed an issue with expedition parties becoming stuck if player saves and exits when they discover scenario target.
- Fixed an issue where psycho characters would ignore meat in storage when determining if they were triggered.
- Fixed an issue that would cause breaches not to spawn correctly if an expedition party returns as a breach starts.
- Fixed an issue where the expedition part becomes stuck if the quest is completed before they arrive.
- Protection Racket scenario is no longer repeatable.
- Added strength, accuracy and damage stats to the legendary weapons.
- Added the accuracy stat to the pipe, knuckle dusters and rock.
- Removed overlapping text from the RV panel in Russian languages.
- Fixed Russian characters "bl" and "y" not displaying correctly.
- Removed the incoming transmission audio SFX from the crafting system.
- Fixes to the AI pathing when characters are walking up and down stairs.
- Showers should now have the correct artwork.
- Fixed the collision area for the Water Condenser.