Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
Patch 2.91 (11 December 2019)
- Stardock is pleased to announce the release for version 2.91 of its RTS game, Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation today. Full change notes are below:
- Stuns (Phoenix, Falling Star, Stasis Hammer) no longer stack. If a unit is stunned while already being stunned, the cooldown for the stun is reset. Previously it would stack on top of each other (5 things shooting would make it stunned for 20 seconds)
- Falling Star stun will prevent base defenses from upgrading and factories from building units
- Stasis Hammer will pause the Nest of the Queen from producing more frigates.
- 2.9 caused some noticeable performance drops which are mostly being fixed through these changes.
- Adjusted Anti-Air Droves to be much less performance taxing.
- Adjusted some weapon smoke cloud effects to be much less performance taxing.
- Shotgun was able to be outranged by Archer and Reaper when using the hold ground command.
- Increased cooldown from 0.5 to 0.6
- Decreased damage form 95 to 90
- Increased range from 500 to 525
Archer & Reaper
- Lowered range from 550 to 525
- Archer projectile speed increased from 330 to 400
- Added new improved impact effect for Punisher
Rush build Orbital
- Allows for rapidly casting on multiple structures.
- Cooldown reduced from 120 to 0.15
Nano Mesh Barrier
- Lowered cooldown from 30 to 0.25
Furies & Dominators
- Increased leash range of Furies and Dominators so they auto engage easier
- Lowered steering of Tormentor to prevent targeting issues
- Lowered secondary gun range from 650 to 450
- Increased main gun range from 400 to 450
- Engineers will no longer repair a structure after finishing a building it before carrying on with the next building queued up. This fixes a bug where engineers get stuck endlessly trying to repair an Amplifier.
- Fixed Basic & Advanced Tutorial voice over from not playing.
Patch 2.80.3 (12 June 2019)
- We’re scaling up the size of many units and buildings to help distinguish and communicate the unit's functionality to those who are new to the title. We’ve also slightly adjusted the camera angle so it’s less top-down and more titled. It’s minor, but helps distinguish unit silhouettes by making things look more 3D.
- Unit and building sizes increased
- To compensate for size increases:
- Units are created with more distance between them.
- Unit spacing increased
- Updated Collision boxes and collision avoidance behavior.
- We’ve slightly adjusted the camera angle so it’s less top-down and more titled. It’s minor, but helps distinguish unit silhouettes by making things look more 3D.
- Modified camera angle at medium to close zoom levels.
- Increased size of explosions.
- Unit hover pods are no longer affected by player color.
- Improved Terran morning lighting.
- Improved deformable terrain around buildings.
- Improved the colors on buildings.
- Reduced emissives intensity
- This update has many balance changes, in particular aimed at making dreadnaughts more viable and better equalizing the power of each faction's orbital abilities. Balance is overall in a good spot so these are mostly small changes.
- Damage increased from 15 to 16
- Health reduced from 90 to 80
- The Tormentor was too lacking in a role and will now be an excellent way of dealing with Archer spam. Previously Substrate could have issues dealing with mass frigates.
- Damage increased from 75 to 80
- This should see Reaper blobs clump up less to dive after a cruiser and make it less vulnerable to splash damage.
- Targeting priorities changed to engage all targets equally
- Drones will no longer get one-shot by the Atlas frigate as it was too easy to shut down.
- Radioactives cost reduced from 90 to 80
- Drone health increased from 15 to 20
- Metal cost from 310 to 350
- Radioactives cost from 46 to 66
- Plasma Rain Launcher damage increased from 13 to 14
- The Caregiver and Regenerator are receiving a small performance boost to give Substrate more of a chance to withstand Artillery Post bombardment as well as mitigate Plasma Storm and EMP Pulse.
- Regeneration increased from 40 to 45
- PHC have two engineer spawn abilities, so they naturally will ramp up less by mixing it between both of them. Also a QoL change for the Avatar as it would often engage enemies and move out of build range as a result.
- Leash removed - It will no longer move to engage
- Quanta cost ramp up reduced from 0.25 to 0.20
- Typically players cruiser spam into air and juggernauts while skipping dreads. We want to make dreads tougher to have them see more use.
- Retributor, Cronus, Hyperion and Overmind health increased from 14,000 to 15,000
- Savager and Prometheus health increased from 16,000 to 17,500
Eye of Darkness
- This change was supposed to be in 2.76 but was accidentally not included. This will make turtling up and rushing the Eye while skipping dreadnought production much riskier.
- Metal cost increased from 22,000 to 24,000
- Radioactives cost increased from 22,000 to 23,000
- Quanta cost increased from 12,000 to 13,000
- Logistics cost increased from 300 to 325
- Build time cost increased from 900 to 1000
- The Instigator was underperforming and will now be able to clear creeps with its weapon.
- Now has a weak laser
- Acceleration increased from 600 to 800
- Cost reduced from 350/80 to 250/60
- Logistics reduced from 10 to 6
- Build time reduced from 40 to 35
- The Hades Bomber was the only non-fighter that came in a squadron of 3. This created balance problems where Hades flocks would shrug off Air Eliminators but then get deleted by splash such as the Falcon. We are reducing the squadron size to 1 and tweaking it to compensate so that it is more consistent against other anti-air types. Reducing the squadron size will also fix the targeting issue of the Hades sometimes not dropping its bombs.
- Squad size reduced from 3 to 1
- Hades will no longer pass without dropping bombs
- Damage increased from 60 to 75
- Health increased from 625 to 1200
- Metal cost reduced from 270 to 220
- Radioactives cost reduced from 190 to 150
- Logistics cost reduced from 9 to 7
- Build time reduced from 45 to 40
- The Artillery Post was too spammable in certain maps, especially team games.
- Minimum range increased from 200 to 500
- Maximum range reduced from 3000 to 2800
- Regeneration increased from 30 to 35
- PHC had too many Orbital Abilities that could influence cruiser engagements while Substrate only had Drone Swarm. Carving Turret is now only able to engage Dreadnaughts and Juggernauts to even out PHC’s orbital advantage.
- Can no longer target frigates, cruisers and buildings
- Drone Swarm was shut down too easily by armies that had modest amounts of anti-air.
- Drone health increased from 15 to 30
- Health per second increased from -0.5 to -1 (To retains its 30 second life)
- While expensive and limited to only a single target, players may wish to use this ability to snipe a Hera, Engineer or other crucial units like a sieging Artemis.
- Can now target cruisers
- Damage type changed to direct for instant killing.
- Plasma Storm was too impactful so we have reduced its damage per second and slightly increased its duration so players have more opportunity to escape from it or sustain through with Caregivers and Regenerators.
- Damage reduced from 15 to 10
- Duration increased from 30 to 35
- Updated Carving Turret & Nanite Assassination tooltips to reflect changes
- Removed obsolete “Armor piercing” and “Area Damage” tooltips from Artemis and Destructor main weapon.
- Removed obsolete “Targets radar contacts” from 8 weapons. (Everything can now target radar contacts)
- Fixed Shader corruption bugFixed a hang when starting the Benchmark
- Fixed Saboteur targeting issue causing it to stop firing
- Fixed a bug where Nanite Assassination would sometimes miss moving dreadnoughts.
Patch 2.77.54698 (15 November 2018)
- We have a small patch for you that improves the font display on different resolutions and two new maps.
- One of the main hardware barriers for Ashes was the 1080p requirement since the text displays did not properly function on resolutions below 1920 x 1080. While we definitely still recommend players use at least a 1080p display, we have made some changes to UI scaling and font system so that it will better viewable on different resolutions.
- Update font system so text doesn't look as fuzzy (especially the smaller text)
- UI Scale now goes to 140%
- We have two new maps from the recent community map competition. We have polished and given minor updates to these maps, but thanks to the original authors who made these great 8 player maps!
- Author: Luxlupus
- Mode: 4v4
- Size: Medium
- Terrain: Snow
- The center of fornax is an empty no man's land with only a few Turinium Generators. Prepare for static defense lines as resource locations are quite safe.
- Alpha Repeculae (Formerly United)
- Author: GlorymanRTS
- Mode: 4v4
- Size: Medium
- Terrain: Terran
- The sides of Alpha Repeculae contain the majority of the Turinium Generators, forcing the central pair to toss up between coordinated assaults against their rivals, supporting the side partners or flanking around to harass exposed locations.
Patch 2.76.52940 (17 October 2018)
- After much testing and iteration, 2.76 has launched! 2.76 is a minor balance patch to improve strategic diversity. Most of the changes are subtle, but the heavy cruisers are receiving some significant power reductions.
- The Martyr is underperforming but buffing it required careful consideration to not give Substrate too much early capping power over PHC. The Martyr is receiving a cost reduction to further distinguish it from the reaper and make it more cost-efficient.
- Metal Cost reduced from 90 to 75
- Build time reduced from 19 to 16
- Archers suffered from their targeting priorities where they would bypass dreadnoughts to attack cruisers. We are equalizing their targeting priorities for all but frigates and buildings so they attack whatever is closest.
- Cruisers, dreadnoughts and juggernauts now share the same targeting priority
- We are reducing the efficiency of the Medic when healing heavily armored units as they were skewing dreadnought and juggernaut battles too much for their cost.
- Heal ray armor piercing reduced from max to 20%
- Healing “Damage” reduced from 67 to 60.
- Self healing per second reduced from 4 to 1
- The Artemis was overperforming against Substrate frigates, as a few of them could negate large armies due to their AOE against clumped up soft targets. The Artemis was overshadowing the Zeus in the late game, we want players to counter frigates by investing in anti-frigate units, rather than doing so with the anti-building siege unit.
- Missile attack AOE reduced from 60 to 30
- The Athena vs Mauler performance was quite similar, but the Athena was noticeably better against heavier targets. We are lowering the damage of the Athena to put it more in line with the Mauler.
- Damage reduced from 235 to 220
- The Hera was too versatile and lacked proper counters, we don’t want the heavy cruisers to make lighter cruisers obsolete. As well as reducing its durability and armor-piercing, we are increasing the damage in exchange for a cooldown increase (nerf) to increase its frigate overkill and thus making them more vulnerable to Reapers & Archers. Lowering the armor-piercing makes the Nemesis more desirable in comparison for attacking dreadnoughts & juggernauts.
- Metal cost increased from 600 to 640
- Damage increased from 130 to 170
- Cooldown increased from 2.1 to 2.75
- Attack range reduced from 1100 to 900
- Armor piercing reduced from 40% to 30%
- Armor reduced from 60% to 30%
- Health reduced from 2500 to 2400
- The Eradicator was also too powerful and is getting its durability reduced, alongside a damage reduction to its secondary to make it more vulnerable against frigates. It’s also receiving an increase to its energy regeneration as it was too reliant on Capacitors which could be quite frustrating when it loses the ability to fire.
- Armor reduced from 50% to 30%
- Energy regeneration per second increased from 1 to 1.2
- Secondary weapon damage reduced from 4 to 1
- Secondary weapon cooldown increased from 3.5 to 5
- Secondary weapon shots per volley reduced from 15 to 5
- Main weapon cooldown increased from 4.8 to 5.2
- Attack range reduced from 1100 to 900
- Total health/shields reduced from 2600 to 2200
- Dreadnoughts are getting a large indirect buff due to the changes to Heras, Eradicators and the Eye of Darkness. However, we’re making a small additional change to the logistics prices to make Dreadnoughts more viable in the late game and have their logistics more accurately reflect their cost. We've been considering a wider buff to dreadnoughts such as a health increase but that would have a lot of knock-on effects such as difficulty of some campaign missions and Substrate may suffer from their less accessible armor-piercing. We wanted to keep the scope of this update small while all our attention is on Star Control: Origins. We'll be monitoring how dreadnoughts perform post-2.76.
- Hyperion, Chronus, Retributor and Overmind logistics cost reduced from 100 to 90.
- Prometheus and Savager metal cost reduced from 6400 to 6000
- Overmind Metal cost increased from 3200 to 3600
Eye of Darkness:
- The Eye was too dominant and is receiving a damage reduction to prevent it from two-shotting dreadnoughts by default.
- Damage reduced from 7000 to 6500
- The Hades was providing too much value for its price as it could annihilate standard frigates in a single pass, particularly Archers, and its armor-piercing overshadowed the Air Marauder for engaging tougher targets.
- Metal cost increased from 250 to 270
- Radioactives cost increased from 180 to 190
- Armor-piercing removed
- Air Harbinger & Strategic Bomber
- The heavy air units costed a disproportionately high amount of logistics which we are reducing.
- Logistics cost reduced from 60 to 50
- Nano Transport was so much stronger than the PHC Charon Cruiser as it could be instantly placed anywhere on a tough dreadnought only for a quanta cost. This resulted in too much death blobbing rather than dynamically spreading out forces or having a vulnerable Charon that could be picked off.
- Quanta cost increased from 200 to 300
- Thanks to our community for being active with the game and leaving feedback!
Patch 2.75 (17 May 2018)
Patch 2.71 (15 February 2018)
- Control of the skies is important, especially on large maps, due to the mobility of air units and their capacity for harassing Extractors around the map. We are making several changes to air units to make air control less crucial and ground heavy strategies more viable.
- The Atlas was overshadowing the Apollo. We are lowering its range and armor-piercing so the Apollo is a better scaling choice into the late game.
- Armor-piercing removed
- Range reduced from 1200 to 1100
- The Emergency turret was under performing, especially when compared to the Serpentine Turret
- Damage increased from 10 to 14
- Upgraded air defences are very potent due to their splash damage, but basic air defences fell short. Constables and Blossom Launchers will better be able to defend against enemy air harassment.
- Damage increased from 60 to 75
- Damage increased from 20 to 25
- Both air fighters are having their suitability reduced to improve the potency of all ground based anti-air.
- Health reduced from 410 to 350
- The Dominator and Punisher had a tiny amount of health relative to their shields. We are replacing some shields for health as it was inconsistent with other Substrate units and made them especially vulnerable to EMP Pulse.
- Total health/shields reduced from 390 to 350
- 100 shields replaced with health
- The Hades was still lacklustre and due to the damage increase of basic air defences, the Hades is getting a small buff.
- Damage increased from 50 to 60
- Most of the Punisher's delay comes from it's movement, flying around to re-strafe its target. However, if the Punisher continually targets units in front of it, such as extractors across multiple resource regions, the Punisher's damage output is enormous. We are increasing the Punisher's weapon cool down so it's less potent for sniping multiple Extractors.
- Weapon cooldown increased from 2.1 to 3.1
- 200 shields replaced with health
- Metal cost increased from 450 to 500
- Total Health/shields reduced from 1800 to 1700
- The chance to miss has been removed from most weapons due to unnecessary RNG and the visual inconsistency it causes. The Harbinger is losing its chance to miss.
- Accuracy increased from 90 to 100
- Damage reduced from 250 to 225
- The secondary weapon on the Substrate Nexus looked strange as the projectile was incredibly slow. Its projectile speed is increasing to look more potent.
- Secondary weapon projectile speed increased from 125 to 500
- Secondary weapon damage decreased from 5 to 4
- in 2.5, we reduced the health of the Assembly to make it weaker than the PHC Counterparts to compensate for its versatility. Since it can no longer produce air units, we are restoring some of that health. This change was intended for the 2.65 update which it was accidentally left out of.
- Increased Health of Assembly from 1200 to 1600
- The Pulverizer had too much range for a tier 1 defense, making it difficult to counter with artillery cruisers.
- Range reduced from 1000 to 900
- EMP Pulse was too effective, able to completely turn Cruiser fights, especially when combined with Plasma Storm. We are increasing the cost of EMP Pulse so it's more of an investment from the PHC player.
- Quanta cost increased from 150 to 200
- The Hyperion was over performing as it's 20% armor-piercing gave it too strong performance against other Dreadnoughts. We are removing its armor-piercing to better distinguish it from Dreadnought killers.
- Armor-piercing removed from main weapon
- Battleline & Battleline Frenzy
- Increase Turinium Requirements from 500 to 1500
- Moved spawning locations so no Nexus spawn within range of nearby creeps
- Improved detail on top and bottom of the map
- Campaign & Scenarios
- Tormentor and Atlas are now available on all Campaign and Scenarios missions.
- Partially due to the Constable buff, we are making Leo easier as it was too difficult compared to most other campaign missions.
- Increased starting resources on low difficulties
- Improved starting defenses on low difficulties
- lowed additional AI upgrades on higher difficulties
- Betelgeuse was too easy on high difficulties, but required lots of sitting around waiting. We are making the mission more exciting by reducing the enemy upgrades but adding to the enemy waves sent out at the player making defense more challenging.
- Lowered the amount of enemy upgrades on high difficulties
- Decreased delay before enemy waves are sent to the player on high difficulties
- Added additional Constables in the main enemy base
- Increased the amount of units sent in the enemy waves when playing on high difficulties
- Overlord and King of the Hill were the only two scenarios that didn't get an update in 2017. Overlord suffered from too many narrow pathways and insufficient Radioactives Deposits, limiting the player's options. Despite this, the mission was far too easy on high difficulties.
- Widened the pathways around the map.
- Added additional Radioactives deposits.
- Enemy AI now gets free waves of units on high difficulties
- Friendly AI is weaker on high difficulties
King of the Hill Scenario
- King of the Hill was old and outdated, lacking units from Escalation. The difficulty settings for Kill of the Hill was unnecessary as it was an endless wave survival mission, the challenge is seeing how long you can hold out for. We are removing the difficulty setting so that it is standardized, making it easier to compare scores and struggle to improve your survival time. The map is getting some quality of life changes, more unit variety and additional late game juggernaut waves are being added to prevent experienced players from holding out indefinitely with Juggernauts.
- Removed difficulty options, only playable difficulty is now Normal
- Slightly delayed first ground wave to give more plays time to build up
- Revealed the player’s nearby surroundings.
- Added a “Hold out as long as possible” objective
- Widened the thickness of the high ground and attack path surrounding the base
- Blocked off the northern entrance into the player's base. The player now only has to defend south.
- Placed a ramp on the east and west high ground
- Added Masochist, Athena, Hera and Eradicator into enemy waves
- Removed early Pan scout wave
- Replaced every second Overmind wave with a Retributor wave that comes from the west.
- lowed the amount of Furies in the early fury wave and included a Hades squadron and Punisher
- Removed Drone Swarms sent at the player
- Added Juggernaut waves starting at 32 minutes
- Added Experimental Eye of Darkness waves starting at 45 minutes.
- Audio Volume Adjustments
- There were many issues with the volume of weapon effects, some weapons were too loud or quiet, while many secondary weapons on Dreadnoughts were just as loud as the primary weapon. We are rebalancing many of the weapon effects to ensure volume levels are more consistent and better reflect the potency of the weapon type.
- Increased volume of Prometheus main weapons
- Decrease volume of Prometheus secondary weapons
- Increase volume of Savager primary weapons
- Decreased volume of Retributor secondary weapon
- Decreased volume of PHC & SS Mobile Nullifier weapon
- Decreased volume of Charon weapon
- Decreased volume of Rampager Secondary weapon
- Increase volume of Eradicator primary weapon
- Decreased volume of Eradicator secondary weapon
- Increased volume of Punisher weapon
- Increased volume of Mauler Primary weapon
- Increased Volume of Rampager primary weapon
- Decrease volume of Zeus secondary weapon
- Increased volume of Hera weapon
- Increased volume of Air Harbinger
- Decreased volume of Mauler secondary weapon
- Decreased volume of Destructor secondary weapon
- Lowed Volume of Masochist
- Increased volume of Nemesis primary weapon
- Tormentor and Atlas now have Capture Beam visual effect
- Fixed an issue on Influx where Nexus destroyed would cause Relay destroyed text to play
- Fixed an issue where Nihilon wasn’t referenced properly in the Genesis Campaign if the Oblivious DLC was off
- Fixed an issue on Genesis Griffinclaw where the bonus objective was stuck and not able to be completed.
- Fixed typo in Ascension
- The Experimental Eye of Darkness destroying the player Nexus now properly causes a loss on Ascension
- Atlas is now build able on Against All Odds Scenario
- Fixed missing Metal Deposits on Galatea
- Fixed Archer and Athena targeting issue
- Weapons Damage Quantum Upgrade now specifies the damage bonus also applies to Orbital Abilities
- Fixed visual weapon alignment of Air Rampager
- Increased size of the string table to support additional German language tags
Patch 2.65 (20th December 2017)
New Scenario Splash Art
- We have updated the thumbnails for most of the Scenarios so that each one now has their own unique image, instead of having a few shared among them.
New Benchmark Screen
- We have improved the layout and appearance of the pre-benchmark screen.
Quality of Life
- Regions can now be claimed from players who have disconnected from a multiplayer match
- Damage status updates for Dreadnoughts, Juggernauts and the Nexus will always play immediately
In 2.5, we reduced the health of the Assembly to make it weaker than the PHC Counterparts to compensate for its versatility. Since it can no longer produce air units, we are restoring some of that health.
- Increased Health of Assembly from 1200 to 1600
- Orbital Nullifiers (Structures) will no longer block capturing of regions
- Avatar and Sapper advanced defences now available in most missions
- Juggernauts and Nexus Health upgrade now available on King of the Hill scenario
- Fixed some inconsistent grammar between the audio and text in Deneb
- Medic is now available in Deneb
- Falcon is now available from the beginning of Calethaon
- Removed Dialog about Smarties in Calethaon as it felt abrupt and out of context. (Due to lacking another now obsolete line to preface it)
- Delayed the arrival of the Overmind on Artorius when playing on lower difficulties, to varying degrees
- Barrager is now available on Roceda & Silgul
- Increased starting Quanta on Decanus to compensate for increased cost of Incursion
The changes to Substrate air production in 2.6 created some issues in the Escalation campaign which we are now addressing. We are also removing some outdated dialog that now provides incorrect information.
- Aviary is now buildable in Betelgeuse and Rosette with Pan, Dominator and Punisher unlocked
- Removed obsolete dialog about Harvesters in Betelguese
- Removed obsolete dialog about Saboteur in Rosette
- Removed obsolete dialog from Lagoan revealing the Brute Mk2 and Hera
- Removed confusing and misleading mention of Harvesters from Leo
We're fixing some map issues and changing a few maps that had too low a proportion of Radioactives, which limited strategic diversity.
- Fixed unbuildable Radioactives Deposit on Lyra
- Fixed unbuildable Metal Deposit on Aenghus
- Added additional Radioactives Deposits on Shredded
- Added additional Radioactives Deposits on Manannan
- Added additional Radioactives Deposits on Anishanaa
- Balanced all 6 spawns on Anishanaa
- Fixed a disconnect between two regions in "Crack the Shell"
- Adjusted Turinium requirements on several team game maps to reduce outliers that were set too high or too low
- Fixed several tooltip errors
- Fixed a bug where "Turtle Wars" Scenario had invulnerable turrets.
- Fixed a bug where Medics were still running towards buildings, despite no longer being able to repair them
- Fixed a bug where multiple Engineers were losing their build speed bonuses after the first structure
- Fixed a bug where hotkeys weren't showing up on Quantum Upgrade icons
- Fixed a bug where pending Logistics warnings were not showing up for peers in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a bug where the Pan didn't have an icon on the Empire Tree
- Fixed an issue where holding down the mouse click when using attack move would instead box select
- Fixed a bug where Juggernauts would do low damage after obtaining huge amounts of levels and upgrades
- Improved the visual weapon alignment of the Sentinel, Carving, Falcon, Serpentine, Starburst and SkyEnder turrets.
- Fixed a bug where Nano Mesh Barrier could be cast on dead units which would then lock out the ability
- The following was implemented in 2.6 but was not documented in the changelog
- Disruptor Tower can no longer target air units.
Patch 2.60 (06 November 2017)
Patch 2.50 (18 September 2017)
Patch 2.41 (13 September 2017)
- Quanta cost removed from PHC Sensor Tower
- Fixed crash that would sometimes occur when placing buildings
- Fixed crash with Ryzen CPUs
- Other stability improvements.
- Fixed a bug where buildings would stop doing damage after 2048 buildings had been constructed.
Patch 2.40 (13 September 2017)
Patch 2.30 (09 June 2017)
- This patch is currently only available for download via GOG Galaxy - the installers will be available on Monday June 12th, 2017. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
For the full changelog, please visit - https://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/483447
Patch 2.25 (12th May 2017) [GOG Galaxy only]
- This patch is currently only available for download via GOG Galaxy - the installers will be available on Monday 15th, 2017. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- For the full changelog, please visit - https://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/482836
Patch 2.21.26459 (20th April 2017)
- Fixed an issue where the new host crashes at the end of a game when there was a host migration.
- Fixed an issue that occurred at the end of a long match when attempting to save replay data.
Air Marauder & Air Rampager
While it's great that the Gunships are now becoming a big part of the game after being neglected for so long, they were a little over buffed in 2.2 due to how much earlier they are arriving with the changes to Aviary & Advanced Air Factory. Rather than toning them down, we want to keep their performance above the Hades and Punisher to make them more distinct. As a result, the Gunships are getting a metal cost increase.
- Metal cost increased from 200 to 400
Archer Weapon's Tooltip has now been updated to provide the exact amount of armor-piercing.
When we updated the weapon tooltips we forgot to do the Archer since it only received armor-piercing in 2.2
Patch 2.20.26289 (06 April 2017)
- This update includes the following changes:
- Languages- (French, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese)
- Replays- Watch a replay of your game, or go into the leaderboards and watch games from the top players.
- Modding Support- We have added the ability to mod game files, add maps and scenarios and enable and disable mods for your game. For all the details checkout the Modders Guide - http://wiki.ashesofthesingularity.com/index.php/Modders_Guide.
- New Maps- 3 new large maps added to support lots of players.
- Manannan- A 12 player Terran map which is great for free for all games.
- Brighid- An 8 player Arctic map that is ideal for 4 teams of 2 players each.
- Aenghus- A 10 player Desert map that is great for free for all games.
- For the full changelist, please visit: https://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/482013
Patch 2.10.25624 (17th March 2017)
- Single Player Observer Mode- Ever wondered if the AI was better as the Substrate or the PHC? Or if a dozen normal AI's can beat an Insane AI? Setup your own games and watch the AI battle against itself with whatever maps and settings you want.
- Supply Lines Game Option- Disable this when starting your game to remove the requirement that Regions have to be connected to your Nexus to provide resources. There are now over 4.7 million configurations of map options to play a game with (and that doesn't even count all the possible maps or player settings).
- Unranked Match- Allows you to play a 1 versus 1 multiplayer game that is automatically matched, but your results don't effect your ranking. Good for practicing new tactics or playing a more casual multiplayer game.
- Espana- New Medium Arctic map available for skirmish, multiplayer and ranked games.
- Rus- New Small Desert map available for skirmish, multiplayer and ranked games.
- Italia- New Terran Medium map available for skirmish, multiplayer and ranked games.
- Cygnus victory points reduced form 1500 to 750
- Deneb victory points reduced from 1500 to 750
- Europa victory points reduced from 1500 to 1000
- Maurn victoyr points reduced from 1500 to 750
- Proxima victory points reduced from 2000 to 600
- Pulaski victory points reduced from 2000 to 1000
- Pyn victory points reduced from 1500 to 600
- Spica victory points reduced from the 1500 to 600
- Thuban victiry points reduced from 750 to 600
- Tortuga victory points reduced from 1500 to 750
- Vega victory points reduced from 2500 to 600
- Canopus map update:
- Created additional routes between each peninsula to allow for more strategic diversity and flanking routes
- Reduced the size of the impassable terrain in the middle
- Added a metal relay in the middle of the outer pathways
- Ceres map update:
- Added two metal deposits to one of the nearby empty relays
- Deneb map update:
- Reworked the terrain layout in order to be more symmetrical
- Symmetrized the resource layout to be fair and balanced for both sides
- Replaced the side Turinium Generators with Radioactives
- Centralised Turinium generators to make Turinium acquisition more viable
- Knife Fight map update:
- Equalised the travel time from starting locations to first two resource points
- Opened up an additional pathway on the sides of the map
- Opened up an additional pathway on the top and bottom of the map
- Connected the resources points on the sides of the map
- Monaco map update:
- Moved player starting locations to map corners
- Reshuffled some of the resource layout to replicate a more standard starting location
- Created a wide Pathway in the centre of the map
- Centralised all the Turinium Generators to make acquiring Turinium more viable
- Regulus map update:
- Created a pathway at the top and bottom of the map with an empty relay
- Moved the starting locations to map corners to account for additional pathways
- Ulrich map update:
- Created a pathway between the centre of the map
- The middle now only has a single centered Turinium Generator
- Added Metal Deposits onto one of the empty relays near the starting locations
- Fixed visibility related to elevation changes on some maps
- Crash fixes
- Fixed an issue where Oblivion and Eliminator Turrets weren't showing up under light fog of war
- Fixed connection issues when starting a matchmaker game
- Main Menu rescaled to look better and be more clear
Patch 2.03.24984 (27th January 2016)
- Eliminator Turret damage increased from 1000 to 2000
- Starburst Turret damage increased from 80 to 200
- Artemis logistics cost increased from 6 to 8
- Thantos sight radius increased from 500m to 800m
- Athena HP reduced from 2000 to 1200
- Engineer build time increased from 25 to 26
- Strategic Bomber cost increased from 120 metal to 480 metal
- Strategic Bomber cost increased from 800 rads to 1200 rads
- Drone Hive shield recharge reduced from 2 per sec to 1 per sec
- Mauler max shield increased to 1200
- Mauler rad cost increased from 60 to 80 rads
- Destructor logistics cost increased from 4 to 8
- Substrate Constructor build time increased from 24s to 26s
- Punisher radioactive cost increased from 240 to 280 rads
- Punisher shields increased from 800 to 1200
- Dominator build time increased from 50 to 60 seconds
- Barrager turret build time increased from 100 to 120 seconds
- Artillery turret rad cost increased from 180 to 240
- Artillery turret build time increased from 120 to 180
- PHC Refinery HP reduced from 1500 to 800
- PHC Quantum Relay build time reduced from 70s to 60s
- Air Eliminator Turret Rad cost increased from 270 to 600 (this is an end game ultimate air defense)
- Air Eliminator Turret build time increased from 120 to 240
- Sky Ender Turret build time increased from 80 to 240
- Sky Ender Turret rad cost increased from 60 to 600 rads (this is an end game ultimate air defense)
- Increased Caregiver logistics from 3 to 30
- Artillery turret cooldown increased from 5 to 12 seconds and damage increased from 250 to 300
- Added unique icons for AA and Mixed Turrets
- Made the attack-move order preview in strategic view red
- UI now displays the proper cooldown percentages for "custom" cooldown lengths.
- Fixed a crash with when updating Constructor orders.
- Athena weapon effects are now properly aligned with its weapons.
- Smartie missiles now use all of its tubes.
- Fix issue with "Paranoid Android" achievement that prevented it from being completed reliably
- Fixed a crash related to selecting a specific unit within a formation
- Units will no longer stop moving if their destination region is captured before they arrive.
- Typo fixes
- Fixed an issue that can cause Mobile Nullifiers to intermittently not work
- Europa: Give bonus logistics to cover cost of free Dreadnaughts
- Betelgeuse: Added additional Artemis waves
- Yorkshire: Fixed a camera related crash
- Lagoan - adjusted Aviary dialogue
Patch 2.01 Hotfix (22nd November 2016)
- Addressed several crashes reported by users.
- PHC Charon reinforcement ability is no longer affected by orbital nullification.
- Further improved the Harvester unit's appearance.
- Added a unit portrait for Athena's custom avatar.
- Fixed the cool down display for some of the orbitals
Patch 2.01.23857 (18 November 2016)
- Request Region- You can now request regions your teammate controls (single player and campaign only).
- Notification Pings- When the "enemy dreadnaught detected", "an enemy has captured a region", and "dreadnought upgrade available" messages are played we now ping the minimap so you know where the event is occurring.
- WASD camera movement- Added a Game option to have WASD map to camera movement instead of unit panel hotkeys.
- Performance improvements
- Decreased Punisher damage from 130 to 100
- Increased Constable Accuracy from 40 to 80
- Increased Constable damage from 50 to 75
- Increased Constable missile projectile speed from 150 to 300
- You now need line of sight to place Sappers (not just exposed fog of war)
- You now need line of sight to place Saboteurs (not just exposed fog of war)
- Sensor Drone now has a 120 second delay before it can be used the first time
- Scan Project now has a 120 second delay before it can be used the first time
- Base cost of Sensor Drone orbital ability increased from 25 to 50
- Call Saboteur cooldown time increased
- Call Sapper cooldown time increased
- Call Saboteur base quanta cost increased from 50 to 75
- Increased required victory points for maps. Larger maps got larger increases: Crack the Shell, Cygnus, Entropy, Eridon, Eruption, Ganymede, Hammer of the Gods, Knife Fight, Open Range, Pulaski, Pyn, Rosette, Shredded, Thuban and Triad maps
- Crash fixes
- Fixed an issue that could cause constructing buildings to be invulnerable
- Fixed Turnium generator bar bouncing
- Fixed Load/annoying sounds when units spawn
- Fixed Blossom Launcher construction animation being blocky
- Fixed an issue that could cause dreadnoughts to fail to attack turrets
- Fixed an issue causing Units coming out not at full shields
- Fixed an issue causing factories in the empire tree to show an upgrade icon
- Fixed an issue causing Martyr’s fire did not show up when at max normal zoom.
- Fixed an issue causing the Chronos Blossom fire to not show up at max zoom.
- Fixed repeated audio alerts in King of the Hill
- Fixed a bad normal map on the Nano Refinery
- Fixed the 30 bombers achievement
- Fixed an issue that would allow turrets to shoot through hills in some situations
- Fixed an issue making placing buildings difficult in strategic zoom
- Fixed an issue keeping the Constable range from being shown when placed
- Fixed an issue causing targeting difficulties when > 8 players
- Sappers and Avatars are no longer selected with armies (they now follow Engineer rules)
- Low Cloud Cover no longer disappears before switching to Strategic View
- Improved the look of the Harbinger unit
- Fixed the level of detail texture maps for the Archer unit
- Improved the SS Constructor Effect
- Fixed the Reinforced Crate icon
- Improved Harvester Model
- Fixed the Reinforced Crate icon
- Improved the Nano transport buff indicator on the army cards
- You can now mouseover the army leader to see his information (instead of having to mouseover his name)
- Added a new icon for the Intensive Care orbital ability
- Improved Target acquisition around max range
- Improved the Instigator AI so it doesn't run off and get into battle as easily