Deep Sky Derelicts
Update 1.5.4 (15 June 2020)
- Added a comparison view to examine equipment side by side in the inventory, and when looting and shopping. The default key shortcut for comparison is H and can be changed in game settings. To compare items in the inventory with equipped items, click on an equipment slot to filter the inventory view to compatible items, then click on one of the inventory items to enter the comparison view. You can also select an inventory item and click the Compare button (or press H) to see which slots the item can be equipped in.
- Equipment can now be marked as junk (shortcut J).
- Information about active room conditions is now shown when hints are toggled on in combat when playing with a controller.
- Added an "Always require button press to advance dialogue" setting.
- Taunt no longer affects targeting while the taunting enemy is invisible.
- Fixed one of the quest routes in Heart Control not giving the correct dialogue option with the Sub-Governor.
- Fixed an Arena bug that could make the last couple of fights unplayable.
- Fixed issues with Morphate AI, including not using all available cards and being able to play Split when it shouldn't.
- Fixed issue where the PDA button could be pressed while entering a room, which could cause problems depending on the timing.
- Fixed an issue where disabled cards could still be played in some situations after interacting with the card selector panel.
- Fixed Functionnaire/Transfer rank 3 energizing the user for an extra round.
- Fixed Strategist/High Priority Target not granting focus stacks correctly on multi-hit attacks.
- Fixed Chemist/Combat Stimulant description to read Self or Ally instead of Ally.
- Fixed Polish description for Medic/Cleansing Buffer to read Self or Ally instead of Ally.
- Fixed non-English descriptions for Hazard Protection to have 20 moves as the duration instead of 10.
- Changed how Power Up works internally to make it more reliable and to show the effect in the targeting popup.
- Fixed Scrapper/Manufacture to allow copying multiple cards if played more than once in a turn.
- Fixed flipped mouseover image for the next class button in the class specifications screen.
- Fixed values in the Functionnaire/Transfer card text to match the ability description.
- The area around landings in the final ship is now scanned automatically upon entering the ship, to avoid confusion.
Update 1.5.3 (24 April 2020)
- Fixed issue where the game would hang on returning to the station in some situations.
- Fixed Dr.Glas' map icon not being visible after talking with him.
- Fixed an Arena issue where post-combat loot generation could fail.
- Fixed issue where the item list was active in the background during crafting.
- Fixed issue where equipping an illustrious item through the compatible items filter would not immediately unlock "Shiny!".
- Fixed double next/previous page controller input in crew inventory in some situations.
- Changed the label on the exit room button to "Scanner" instead of "Open PDA" to avoid confusion.
- Fixed UI glitch when pressing Cancel while focusing on an item's cards in the inventory.
- Fixed wrong damage values in Russian text for Miner/Sweeping Fire, Shuriken Strike, Corrosive Bite and Crushing Boulder.
Fixed wrong values in Functionnaire/Energy Channel description.
Update 1.5.2 (15 April 2020)
- Updated to a newer version of Unity. This hopefully fixes an asset management bug that has caused update sizes to be much larger than needed (doesn't apply to this update yet, sadly).
- Fixed card selection issues with Tinker/Scrounger and Scrapper/Adaptive Tactics.
- Fixed various issues with station encounters.
- Fixed issue where the active UI tab could be switched with the controller during crafting.
- Fixed black background in one of the station combat scene variations.
- Fixed Station Defender and Doomed to Slavery achievements not triggering.
- Fixed issue where jammers in Signal Disturbance could not be interacted with after leaving.
- Fixed issue where the talk/interact button could be pressed during a tutorial bark, leading to a softlock or other problems when exiting the room.
- Fixed Stupefy not removing all evasion correctly.
- Fixed Functionnaire/Transfer freezing if the owner has no other cards.
- Fixed next/previous crew name buttons changing the wrong thing.
- Fixed more potential UI issues when loading in the middle of combat.
- Fixed issue where the next page button on the NPC trade screen would activate on mouse hover.
- Fixed Russian text for Inventor/Enhanced Senses and Inventor/Biological Activator abilities.
- Slightly adjusted some UI layouts to better cope with localized text.
- Added missing initiative effect texts to the non-English ability and card descriptions of the following cards: Combat Stimulant, Power Injection, Compliment, Draw Fire, Inspiring Shot, Mending Weave, Stabilizer, Perception Enhancer, Reaction Stance, Reflex Booster, Energy Siphon, Stimulant Injection, Protect Me and Strengthen Systems.
- Fixed NPC shop showing the pause menu button instead of the Return button during dialogue.
- Fixed Technician head/legs customization.
Updated controller plugin; this might improve compatibility with some controllers.
Update 1.5.1 (27 March 2020)
- Added one new suit for all classes.
- Fixed problems with ending sequences in both base game and the arena. If you have dealt with the final encounter and didn't get the proper ending, please go back to the location to continue.
- Fixed Mirror Skin implant not working.
- Fixed issue where the dialogue panel with a lot of response options would not scroll.
- Fixed missing Inspect button hint in the combat card selection panel.
- Fixed missing button hints for tabs on the Research screen.
- Fixed some UI issues when rapidly pressing buttons after returning to base.
- Fixed a potential freeze with ships that are fully covered with power generators.
Update 1.5.0 (23 March 2020)
- controller support
- additional customization options such as meta-unlocks (e.g. trophy helmets and alternate starting gear for consecutive playthroughs)
- improved combat feedback (e.g. win celebration sequences)
- reworked and polished UI
- expanded tutorial tips
- all-round balance overhaul
- multiple AI tweaks
- revisited and enhanced Arena mode (for DLC owners only)
- numerous bug fixes
- miscellaneous performance tweaks, e.g. reduced disk space consumption
Update 1.3.3 (11 March 2020)
- Reduced Spiker damage and armor gain per level a small amount.
- Slightly increased initiative gain per level for Alzarus (Foul Practitioner) and Harkeon (Power Failure)
- Rockmorph uses Magnetic Interference and Rock Counter more flexibly.
- Slight adjustments and fixes to Cobra Guard, Cobra Assassin and Cobra Matriarch behaviours. For example assassins were uncharacteristically noble and refused to use "Cloaking" and "Sneak Attack" cards. Made all 3 them use their cards a bit more flexibly.
- Red Mist (Skink Acolyte): Reduced initial damage buff from +20% to +15% and the additional damage buff per attack performed from +20% to +10%. Also fixed it giving ENERGIZE 1 on crit for longer than intended.
- Barbed Orb (Skink Acolyte): Added a critical effect that adds +2 turns to the effect's duration.
- Skink Acolyte: Adjusted AI. For example will use "Boost Vigor" more often on allies, won't use "Drain Strength" multiple times on the same target and will only use "Red Mist" and "Acid Infusion" as a last resort if no allies left in combat.
- Skink: AI will only use Skink Call as a last resort if only one Skink is left in combat.
- Staff Strike (Skink Acolyte): Increased stun chance from 20% to 30%.
- Drain Strength (Skink Acolyte): Improved duration from 1 turn to 3 turns. Added duration to description.
- Skink: Made them a bit less likely to focus on one target with acid attacks, prevented them from going invisible with "Blend" when they are alone and they should refrain from using "Skink Call" if one is already active.
- Updated Piratech AI. Won't use "Oversee" if solo or with just one ally, if multiple Piratechs present they won't stack the use of "Oversee" or "Give 'em Hell" cards, made "Release a Drone" higher priority, will not use shield restoring abilities if solo unless it's the only card they have and also fixed the AI not using "Blinding Flare" card at all. Such blindness, much wow. While at it reduced the crit damage of Showstopper to 200% from 300% because those 90+ damage crits can be pretty obnoxious.
- Fixed achievement problems on Windows.
- Improved the accuracy of the indicated energy cost for moving multiple tiles.
- Ensure that quest loot from combat rewards is always received even when pressing Leave on the reward screen.
- Fixed station encounter state not being fully saved in some situations. Existing encounters should get fixed on load, but it's not guaranteed that they work perfectly in all cases; any future encounters should be fine.
- Fixed wrong title for Enhanced Crafting details on the research screen.
- Fixed a script error in Banger/Death Toll.
- Fixed an alien machine encounter not going anywhere in some cases.
- Fixed issue where a random NPC encounter could be generated with invalid dialogue.
- Positive Side-Effects (Chemist): Fixed health buff option not displaying the text correctly when applied.
- Fixed being able to skip quest dialogue via ambushing.
- Fixed Cobra Assassins not having any sound for Vulnerability Shot and Single Shot.
- Fixes towards the Widening the Perimeter habitation quest not having targets on the map.
- Added ship names to habitation quests in the mission log.
- Fixed Craft Supply not handling cards correctly if it was canceled without picking a card. Canceling it will also now count as a played card so that you can't replay it infinitely to find a specific card.
- Fixed issue where cards could be duplicated when recycled twice during the same turn.
- Seal of Betrayal: Fixed blocked quest progression if you killed all but Dogtooth and returned to Bennett.
- Fixed Hull Breach room condition showing "Low gravity" and added the actual description in there.
- Fixed socket locations sometimes not yielding Chip Socket required for Logomo to perform mental chip calibration.
- Skink Call (Skink): Affects Skink Acolyte now correctly.
- Boost Vigor (Skink Acolyte): Fixed it to correctly give Self: ENERGIZE 1 instead of 2 on critical.
- Fixed issue where the traveling weapon trader could have heavy ranged weapons even when DLC 1 is not installed.
- Fixed combat issues caused by some equipment effects not handling recently killed units correctly.
- Shield Discharge: Now as it describes, does purely shield damage.
- Fixed combat bug when an enemy tried to use Magnetic Interference on the station (the station is sufficiently shielded, so it shouldn't have an effect).
- Fixed combat freeze that could happen in some situations when a unit killed itself.
- Fixed combat issue where some channeling actions could be regarded as negative effects by other cards or abilities.
- Fixed script errors in Self-Repair, Vulnerable Self-Repair and Protective Self-Repair.
- Fixed level up notifications not working.
- Fixed EMP Grenade and Flash Fever comic panels not working correctly with some enemies.
- Fixed Demoralize bugging out when applied twice on a unit.
- "???" NPC shouldn't become unavailable after leaving the conversation for the first time.
- Corrected the description of Chemist's "Power Injection". Now correctly states that it only affects allies.
- Rank 3 Transfer will now correctly ENERGIZE self instead of ally.
- Fixed Cryo Wave description stating that it attacks all enemies when it in fact targets adjacent 3 enemies.
- Crystalmorphs sometimes had problems understanding how to use Crystal Hail but they shouldn't now.
- Fixed various small glitches in comic panels.
Update 1.3.2 (18 December 2019)
- Fixed some enemies having 0 health and freezing combat, in particular Myrmex summons.
- Fixed a couple of bounty targets being able to spawn as normal enemies.
- Fixed an issue where retraining could result in characters having rank 0 abilities, leading to all sorts of problems such as characters doing 0 damage.
- Fixed combat errors that could happen in some situations when purging effects.
- Fixed problems with right-click transmuting.
- Fixed Scrap Armor not working when Russian language is selected.
- Fixed issue where Robotics Node could not be crafted.
- Fixed some combat issues that could happen when a unit channeling an effect was killed by a DOT.
- Fixed text and invalid icon tags in some codex entries.
- Fixed Medic/Understanding of Anatomy applying buffs incorrectly.
- Fixed Technician/Nano Bots script error if activated at the start of combat.
- Fixed Technician/Nano Bots not ignoring Inventors when checking for lowest shields.
- Fixed triggered traps not having any effect if the comic panel was skipped.
- Fixed harmless error when Myrmex Cocoon hatched.
- Fixes towards not being able to exit the room after combat.
- Unfortunate Case of Potto progression shouldn't get stuck now if you deal with some of Potto's issues and then kill him.
- Apparition Apprehender mission: Able to now interact with Foulmouth after retreating in post combat.
-Rogue Glitches: Fixed not being able to fight the glitches again if you had retreated post combat.
- Fixed not being able to change number of ability cards while adding points to an ability.
- Fixed issue where card +/- buttons in the ability UI were unresponsive in some situations.
- Fixed issue where the number of ability cards could exceed the maximum allowed after adding points to an ability with 3 cards max.
- Fixed problems with Chemist/Combat Stimulant; it was buffing multiplicative modifiers too much and not rounding some values appropriately.
- Fixed Medic/Painkiller Additive not rounding the health bonus.
- Fixed aggressive personality bonus text showing up twice in the crew creation popup.
- Fixed missing warning about deleting saves for bad endings.
Update 1.2.4 (25 June 2019)
- Fixed a persistent combat bug that could cause all kinds of trouble when certain interactions happened at the start of a turn. Most visible with card-picking abilities such as Adaptive Tactics, Scrounger or Manufacture
- Fixed potential issues after loading a saved game in the middle of combat
- Fixed Technician/Tool Expertise not handling canceled cards correctly
- Fixed issues with Cobra Matriarch / Shield Wall
- Fixed issues with Myrmex Priest / Stormbendin
Update 1.2.3 (13 June 2019)
- If the crew gets ambushed, retreating is not possible for two combat rounds.
- Fixed a map freeze caused by newly spawned enemies not being initialized correctly.
- Fixed a combat bug that could occur in some situations when either side had only one unit left.
- Fixed combat issues with Scrapper/Adaptive Tactics.
- Fixed combat bug with Miner/Overcharging Boost when refreshing the existing buff.
- Fixed The Power of Blood quest not continuing after retreating from spawned enemies.
- Fixed Predict Behaviour card text showing 2500% Evasion instead of 25%.
- Fixed habitation name not being displayed correctly in friendly habitation dialogue.
- Fixed a combat bug that could happen when playing a card manually after the crew member had already played a card while under confusion/fear on the same turn.
- Other small fixes and safety checks to various card and combat scripts.
Update 1.2.2 (6 June 2019)
- Adjusted a lot of equipment base stats' and modifiers' min and max values (including the gain per level) to be closer to each other so that higher level items are more consistently better than their lower level counterparts.
- Ancient Eye/Lout Drone: Increased Headbutt damage from 50% to 70%.
- Lout Drone: Both melee and ranged damage increased by 1 on all ranks.
- Adjusted shield damage values on Blaster and removed the possibility to spawn a random extra shield damage modifier on Blaster cores.
- Added skill (weaponry, tech, medical, scavenging, mental) bonuses as possible modifiers to spawn on weapon cores.
- Further increased the chance of spawning Janitors and Wurmlings in level 1-3 derelicts.
- Blasting Charges: Made damage scaling from 6/8/8 to 6/7/8 and now only targets 2 enemies at all ranks.
- Slightly reduced credits bonus from Mental skill.
- Reduced a lot of DAMAGE RESISTANCE, ARMOR and EVASION stats on a bunch of enemies.
- Adjusted INITIATIVE values on a lot of enemies. Affects especially enemies at high levels not having as high values except on some specific "speedy" ones.
- Fixed issue that could make some of the NPCs inaccessible in the Administration Of Pirates quest.
- Fixed a bug that could break combat when Psyker/Mental Shield was active.
- Fixed issue with retreating on a freshly loaded save.
- Fixed Ice Cover not being targetable.
- Fixed issue where NPCs kept stopping the player after already having met them.
- Fixed tile condition icons not showing up on the map display.
- Added missing status icons to Augment cards.
- Fixed inventory showing heavy ranged weapons as available for ranged weapon slots, even though they can't be equipped.
- Fixed missing environmental combat action sprites.
- Some key shortcut fixes.
Update 1.2.1 (1 June 2019)
- Fixed an issue that could block habitation quests that require a specific amount of items.
- Fixed the Breacher illustrious effect applying to attacks outside its own equipment.
- Fixed missing Shield Generator Drone graphics.
- Fixed Miner's starting shields (should be 24, was 48).
Patch 1.1.3 (13 February 2019)
- Fixed issue where abilities could stop working in combat in certain situations.
- Fixed Reaction Stance errors.
- Fixed enemies being able to trigger the "Deal over 100 damage in a single attack" achievement. That's adding insult to injury.
Patch 1.1.2 (11 February 2019)
- Did you know that conversations can be scrolled with the mouse if you missed something? Now you do, and we've added some UI hints to show that.
- All big and "special" enemies that had 100% STUN RESISTANCE now have 80% instead.
- Mortifier: Reduced base MELEE EVASION from 30% to 20%.
- Rockmorph: Reduced initiative gain per level on levels 8-10 from 1 to 0.5.
- Crystalmorph: Adjusted its STUN RESISTANCE so that it peaks at 80% at level 10 instead of going ridiculously over 100%.
- Soulmorph: Completely removed STUN RESISTANCE on it, increased its base EVASION from 0% to 7% and reduced its base DAMAGE RESISTANCE from 20% to 15%.
- FEAR: Reduced the chance of affected units skipping their turn from 50% to 33%.
- FEAR: Increased miss chance on the affected units from 25% to 33%.
- FEAR: Increased critical failure chance on affected units from 15% to 20%.
- CONFUSE: Increased the chance of affected units skipping their turn from 10% to 20%.
- Critical failure (=Misfire and Fumble): Increased the self damage dealt on critical failure from 50% to 66% weapon damage.
- Show "STAGGER" text on its own line to avoid confusion with damage numbers.
- Made the Sub-Governor's office slightly faster to enter and exit (improved security procedures).
- The Secondary Barrel extension was not intended to work with mental or grenade attacks; this has been fixed.
- Don't show hazards for revealed but not yet scanned rooms.
- Fixed issue where it was possible to play cards manually for a brief moment when switching to a unit under Fear or Confusion, leading to errors.
- Shield Boost: Another shield boost card refreshes the duration.
- Minor fixes for combat scene skipping (can be skipped with both Select and Cancel keys).
- Fixed some missing ability name translations.
- Fixed dialogue option highlight issues.
- Fixed combat bug that could happen in some situations when an enemy played multiple cards on the same turn.
- Fixed issue where key shortcuts would still work when entering text in the bug report dialog; also fixed bug reporting not working in the main menu.
- Disable the Dismiss button in the mercenary panel when only one crew member remains, to avoid a situation with no crew at all.
- Fixed one tier 3 quest not giving an Astrosphere correctly when it should.
- Fixed issue where double-clicking on merc equipment would unequip it and move it to crew inventory.
- Heavy Blast Bomb (Demolitioner): Fixed the card showing positive armor instead of negative.
- Added some safeguards for rare combat situations with a lot of nested effects.
- Some changes to the way comic panels are rendered to avoid internal errors (possible cause of a crash on Mac).
- Fixed potential problems with Hermit's dialogue.
Patch 1.1.1 (20 December 2018)
- Fixed loot details sticking to the screen when pressing the Take All key shortcut while hovering over an item.
- Fixed navigation keys interfering with name entry when creating a crew.
- Fixed problems with the Try'em All (level up all classes once) achievement.
- Fixed problems with the all side quests achievement. The achievement should now trigger when entering the endgame, or when loading a save with all side quests completed and the endgame unlocked.
- Fixed combat not starting when talking again to Jasperse after retreating.
- Fixed issues with custom keybinds and loot panel actions.
- Added new Codex entries describing various aspects of the game.
- Configurable key shortcuts for most common actions; see the Input tab in game settings. Please note that, due to engine limitations, the key names displayed in the list may be wrong for international keyboards (especially when non-QWERTY layouts are used) and not all keys are supported.
- Equipment mods can be unequipped by double-clicking.
- Added settings for vertical sync and framerate limit.
- Use comic text style for combat text popups for more consistency with comic panels.
- When a unit resists an effect, the effect type is now shown in the text popup.
- Left clicking while not pointing at a valid target does not cancel target selection anymore.
- Recycler (Scrapper): Changed RECYCLE bonus from +10/20/30% to +12/24/36%.
- Manufacture (Scrapper): Increased the number of copies it creates from 1/2 to 1/3.
- Repelling Shields (Shield Expert): Changed duration from 2/2/3 to 2/3/4 turns.
- Team Shield Amplifier (Shield Expert): Reduced maximum shield bonus from +8/16/25% to +7/14/21%.
- Reflective Shields (Shield Expert): Changed chance from 33/46/60% to 25/50/75%.
- Protect Me (Strategist): Reduced DAMAGE RESISTANCE from +10/20/30% to +8/16/24%.
- Shocking Purge (Surgeon): Increased STUN chance from 14/28/42 to 16/32/50%.
- Self-Cleansing System (Surgeon): Increased PURGE chance from 20/35/50% to 25/50/75%
- Purist (Surgeon): Increased chance to RESIST negative effects from 20/35/50% to 20/40/60%.
- Gadget Master (Technician): Increased damage bonus from +10/20% to +15/30%.
- Absorption Shell (Tinker): Reduced DAMAGE RESISTANCE from +15/30/45% to +12/24/36% and duration from 2/3/3 to 2/3/3.
- Dirty Bomb (Tinker): Adjusted damage from 13/20 to 14/24.
- Agile (Tracker): Reduced EVASION from +8/16/25% to +7/14/21%.
- Stealth Strike (Tracker): Reduced damage when not invisible from 100/110/125% to 90/100/110% and when invisible from 175/188/200% to 150/160/170%.
- Shredder Weapons (Tracker): Reduced BLEED from 15/30/50% to 10/20/30%.
- Shield Boost (Technician): Reduced Shield Boost temporary shield amounts given from 25/30/35% to 20/25/30% and reduced the duration of the effect from 2/3/3 to 1/2/2 turns.
- Damping Field (Technician): Reduced DAMAGE RESISTANCE buff from +15/25/35% to +10/20/30% and adjusted duration from 1/2/2 to 2/2/2 turns.
- Provoking Strike (Bruiser): Reduced damage from 100/110/125% to 100/110/120%. Taunt duration adjusted from 1/1/2 to 1/2/2.
- Retaliation (Bruiser): Reduced chance to COUNTER from 15/30/45% to 10/20/30%
- Ground Slam (Bruiser): Increased damage values from 80/90/100% to 80/95/110% and reduced STUN chance from 45/60/75% to 25/37/50%.
- Wild Pummeling (Bruiser): Reduced damage per strike from 50/60% to 45/55% and adjusted STUN chance from 20/25% to 20%
- Power Injection (Chemist): Reduced damage buff from +50/80% to 35/70%
- Incendiary Grenade (Demolitioner): Reduced the number of cards per rank from 2/3/4 to 2/3/3.
- Heavy Blast Bomb (Demolitioner): Increased damage from 8/9/11 to 10/11/12, decreased armor debuff from -3/4/5 to -2/3/4 and adjusted the number of cards per rank from 2/3/4 to 2/3/3.
- Destabilizing Attacks (Functionnaire): Increased the chance of STAGGER from 20/35/50% to 25/50/75%.
- Inspire (Leader): Increased ENERGIZE chance from 11/22/33% to 14/28/42%.
- Demoralize (Leader): Adjusted the number of cards per rank from 1/2/3 to 1/2/2.
- Drill Training (Leader): Reduce damage from +8/15/20% to +6/12/18% and critical chance from +4/7/10% to +3/6/9%.
- Learning Experience (Medic): Increased the chance of drawing a card from 25/50/75% to 33/66/100%.
- Cleansing Buffer (Medic): Increased ARMOR buff from 2/3/4 to 3/4/5 and reduced the duration from 2/2/3 to 2.
- Mental Assault (Psyker): Reduced damage from 10/14/18 to 8/12/16 and FEAR duration from 1/1/2 to 1.
- Armor Piercing Ammo (Quartermaster): Reduced damage bonus from +15/30% to +10/20% and increased ignore ARMOR values from 1/2 to 2/4.
- Empower Weapons (Quartermaster): Adjusted the amount of cards per rank from 2/3/4 to 2/3/3.
- Elemental Amp (Quartermaster): Reduced damage bonus from +50/75% to +25/50%.
- Adjusted all equipment base stat minimum value increases per level. This should make higher level equipment slightly more consistently better than their lower level counterparts.
- Self-Repair (Janitor): Reduced heal per turn and DAMAGE RESISTANCE from 33% to 25%.
- Protective Self-Repair (Preserver): Reduced heal per turn from 33% to 25% and DAMAGE RESISTANCE from 50% to 45%
- Vulnerable Self-Repair (Pyronic): Reduced heal per turn from 33% to 25%.
- Self Recharge: Reduced shield restoration from 40% to 35%.
- Recharge Shield: Reduced shield restoration from 33% to 25%.
- Reduced mercenary base hiring cost by 400cc.
- Slightly adjusted enemy group spawn weights making dangerous groups of 4 or 5 rarer in early levels and making groups of 3 or 4 more common in higher levels.
- Skink Call: Reduced INITIATIVE buff from 10 to 5 and reduced damage buff from +20% to +15%.
- Soulmorph: Reduced INITIATIVE by 4, damage by 1, DAMAGE RESISTANCE gain per level from 5 to 2.5 and EVASION gain per level from 10 to 7.
- Rockmorph: Increased damage by 1, reduced base ARMOR from 5 to 4, ARMOR gain per level from 0.75 to 0.33 and DAMAGE RESISTANCE gain per level from 7 to 5.
- Corruptor, Destroyer and Exterminator: Raised health gain per level by 2, and INITIATIVE and damage by 1.
- Disciples: Increased INITIATIVE and damage by 1
- Deathmorph: Reduced health gain per level by 2.
- Inspiring Shot: Increased damage from 70% to 80%.
- Gas Spurt (Drudger): Increased damage resistance debuff from -20% to -30%.
- Reduced total health+shield amount on all tier 1 enemies by 2-6 and increased their health and/or shield gains to compensate. Enemies should be slightly more fragile at the start of the game.
- Made Rival Scavenger stats match the player character base stats (base health, health gain per level, initiative and initiative gain per level).
- Increased Toxic room condition's health damage from 1-4 to 3-7.
- Mixed Ancient Eyes into tier 2 groups with Preservers, Purifiers and Pyronics.
- Slight adjustments to base health, health gain per level, initiative and initiative gain per level on all classes.
- Slightly adjusted base skill amounts and skill gains per level on most classes and specializations.
- Adjusted energy reserves on generic consoles to be slightly higher on lower level ships and lower on higher level ships.
- Mind Drain wasn't triggered by some of the Mental Tool cards.
- Fixed issue where Surgeon/Healing Procedure could cause an error after its effect was blocked.
- Fixed Mental Assault hitting multiple targets when a spread weapon was equipped.
- Fixed issue where durations on status icons were not updated immediately when the effect was reapplied.
- Fixed units affected by Fear or Confusion being able to target invisible units.
- Improved Targeting (Master of Robots): Fixed it showing +2500/5000/7500% critical damage instead of the actual +25/50/75% in English and Polish descriptions.
- Fixed a beeping console not spawning enemies when it should.
- Fixed combat speech bubble layering issues.
- Fixed hitch when entering the Lair for the first time after starting the game.
- Fixed issue where reusing Parry while the previous effect was still active could lead to errors.
- Added safeguards for a rare (unreproducible) case of some quest flags disappearing.
- Fixed a minor loot table error that could trigger the bug reporter after combat.
Patch 1.0.4 (16 November 2018)
- Added a tooltip showing energy cell reserves to the map energy display.
- Significant asset handling improvements. Loading times should be faster and the game size has been massively reduced.
- Recycled cards are now returned to the unit's hand after the turn ends.
- Fixed an issue where the turn order would get stuck in some situations when a unit was killed by a DOT (or a similar effect) and the comic panel was skipped.
- Fixed a quest path that could lead to a dead end with Noether, Hemlock and Elvin. Talk to Elvin again to resume the quest.
- Fixes and safety checks towards rare cases where a ship would have an invalid map.
- Fixed energy being used when the low energy warning stopped a move. Also added a cooldown to the warning to cut down on repeated popups.
- Fixes towards a problem where the encounter dialogue wouldn't start after visiting a trap tile.
- Fixed units sometimes not using the stunned animation state when out of shields.
- Fixed missing lethal hit resistance on some high-level enemies.
- Fixed an issue where some starmap targets could be unclickable in narrow aspect ratios.
- Fixed issue where a dead unit could try to trigger a speech bubble during combat.
- Fixed uncapped framerate during intro videos.
Patch 1.0.3 (05 October 2018)
- Fixed bugs related to some quest steps
- Fixed Tracker/Trained Focus ability values having an extra zero.
- Fixed bug in Blue Disciple / Mend Damage
Patch 1.0.1 (03 October 2018)
- UI sound overhaul that didn’t quite make it into 1.0.
- Added two new room backgrounds for landing tiles.
- A bunch of ability and stat changes. See below for a detailed list.
- Fixed Linux version not working on some locale settings. NOTE: If you have changed your launch options to work around this issue, please make sure that the run_dsd.sh script is used to start the game or that your custom script starts the game executable with LC_ALL=C.
- Fixed shop not working correctly after reloading the game from the shop screen.
- Fixed issue where the combat result panel could show duplicate characters and give extra loot.
- Fixed combat bug caused by Leader/Ceasefire not getting canceled correctly.
- Fixed Chemist/Symbiosis occasionally causing problems with other Medic and Chemist buffs.
- Fixed Fortify Shields potentially causing problems with dead units.
- Fixed problems with Strengthen Systems, including overload immunity not working correctly.
- Fixed issue with Corrosive Ordnance in some situations.
- Fixed combat issue that could happen when Reflections blocked certain other cards.
- Fixed various issues with Chemist/Power Injection (such as wrong damage values and the buff not expiring) and changed it from Self/Ally to Ally only.
- Fixed rare combat bug with turn order handling.
- Fixed combat bug that could happen when a dead unit tried to update its idle animation.
- Fixed combat bug when the target of Nerve Toxin was killed by a DoT effect before the toxin activated.
- Fixed Quartermaster/Amplifier Creator script error when it couldn't draw a card.
- Fixed wrong damage value in Chemist/Positive Side-Effects.
- Cleaned up Bruiser/Battle Rage effect description.
- Fixed some of the NPCs looking in the wrong direction in dialogue.
- Minor initial loading adjustments. If you encounter crashes at startup, you can try the launch option -use-sync-load, which is slower but should prevent crashing.
- Possible fixes towards a combat crash on some Macs.
- Fixed Heavy Blast Bomb not stating correctly in its description that it gives -ARMOR.
- Uranium Shell Grenade used by Buddynaut didn't do any damage. Should do its damage now properly.
- Fixed missing icon for Drudger Stinger.
- Polished some idle animations.
- Fixed arena's medical machine tile having weird backgrounds.
- Fixed level ups in arena not happening at the same time as that level’s loot drops.
- Fixed minor issue with Disciple AI.
- Fixed issue where the cursor could disappear after Retreat was pressed while targeting a unit.
- Increased starting credits from 600 to 1000.
- Decreased healing cost per health point from 10 to 9cc.
- Increased the number of ability points characters receive at level 2 from 2 to 3.
- Slightly decreased the max chance of avoiding traps triggering.
- Decreased all duration increases from skill points from 0.5% to 0.33% per point.
- Increased Martyr Guard's STUN RESISTANCE scaling.
- Added scaling LETHAL RESISTANCE for Martyr and Death Warden starting from level 4.
- Restoration bot: Shield reduced from 15 to 10, EVASION from 25% to 10% and INITIATIVE from 10 to 4. Fixed the description falsely stating that it restores 10% shields when it actually does 20%.
- Reduced the amount Mental and Medical skills improve their respective buffs from 0.5% to 0.33% per point.
- Chemist's Combat Stimulant: Changed duration from 2/3/3 to 2/2/3 and reduced EVASION from +11/22/33 to +8/16/25%.
- Wild Pummeling (Bruiser): Reduced number of hits from 6/7 to 5/6.
- Cleave (Bruiser): Reduced damage from 20/30/40% to 10/23/36%.
- Ground Slam (Bruiser): Reduced damage from 80/90/100% to 70/85/100%.
- Weapon Master (Bruiser): Reduced damage from +12/24/36% to +10/20/30%
- Retaliation (Bruiser): Reduced chance of Retaliation occurring from 25/37/50% to 15/30/45%.
- Energy Channel (Functionnaire): Increased damage from +5/8/10% to +5/10/15%.
- Function Maximizer (Functionnaire): Increased card draw chance from 33/47/60% to 33/55/77%.
- Scrapstorm (Functionnaire): Increased damage multiplier from 2/3 to 3/4.
- Drill Training (Leader): Changed damage from +10/15/20% to +8/15/20% and critical chance from +3/6/10% to +4/7/10%.
- Energetic (Leader): Chance of ENERGIZE changed from 10/15/20% to 10/20/30%.
- Sentry Turret (Master of Robots): Changed health from 10/15/20 to 15/20/25, shields from 5/12/20 to 6/12/18, initiative from 3/5/8 to 3/6/9 and damage from 8/9/11 to 8/10/12.
- Improved Targeting (Master of Robots): Increased critical chance from +3/5/7% to +3/6/10% and critical damage from +20/40/60% to +25/50/75%.
- Hard Plating (Master of Robots): Increased health from 3/6/10 to 4/8/12.
- Medical Diligence (Medic): Changed the chance to draw a card from 15/30/45% to 20/40/60%
- Understanding of Anatomy (Medic): Increased damage against biological units from +5/8/11% to +5/10/15%.
- Learning Experience (Medic): Increased chance to draw a card from 25/38/50% to 25/50/75%.
- Energence (Medic): Changed chance to ENERGIZE from 10/15/20% to 10/20/30%.
- Mental Assault (Psyker): Increased damage from 10/13/16 to 10/14/18.
- Mental Shield (Psyker): Increased chance to resist MENTAL effects from 20/35/50% to 20/40/60%.
- Mental Attacks (Psyker): Changed damage increase from +10/20/30% to +8/16/25% and increased chance to ABILITY LOCK from 15/30/45% to 20/40/60%.
- Energy Siphon (Scrapper): Increased the number of cards you receive rank 1 from 1 to 2.
- Energy Siphon (Scrapper): Increased discard/draw card from 1/2/3 to 2/3/4.
- Repelling Shields (Shield Expert): Increased repulsion damage from 33/50/75% to 40/60/80% and repulsion stun chance from 25/40/55 to 25/50/75%.
- Team Shield Amplifier (Shield Expert): Reduced maximum shield increase from +10/20/30% to +8/16/25%.
- Shield Leech (Shield Expert): Changed shield damage from 12/18/24 to 13/20/27.
- Impenetrable Shields (Shield Expert): Reduced duration from 1/2 to just 1/1.
- Mirage (Strategist): Reduced INVISIBILITY duration from 1/2/3 to 1/1/2 and reduced INVISIBILITY break damage from 16/32/50% to 10/20/30%.
- High Priority Target (Strategist): Changed FOCUS from 3/4/5 to 2/4/6.
- Protect Me (Strategist): Change the number of cards received from the ability from 2/3/4 to 1/2/3.
- Spot Weakness (Strategist): Changed DAMAGE RESISTANCE and EVASION from -10/15/20% to -8/16/24%.
- Battle Commands (Strategist): Reduced EVASION from +13/30% to +12/24%.
- Self-Cleansing System (Surgeon): Increased chance to PURGE from 20/26/33% to 20/35/50%.
- Shocking Purge (Surgeon): Increased STUN chance when PURGING from 11/22/33% to 14/28/42%.
- Shield Boost (Technician): Reduced temporary shield amount given from 30/35/40% of max shields to 25/30/35% and reduced duration from 2/3/4 to 2/2/3 turns.
- Damping Field (Technician): Reduced the number of cards received from the ability from 2/3/4 to 2/2/3.
- Hacked Aidrone (Technician): Increased stats on rank 2 and 3. Health from +2/4 to +5/10, shields from +3/6 to +6/12 and INITIATIVE from +2/4 to +4/8.
- Overloader (Technician): Changed OVERLOAD chance from 35/60/75 to 28/56/84%.
- Electric Discharge (Technician): Increased damage from 15/18 to 20/28.
- Lout Drone (Tinker): Improved stats. Health from 15/20/25 to 18/22/26, shields from 4/8/12 to 5/10/15, INITIATIVE from 5/6/7 to 4/7/10, ranged damage from 7/8/9 to 7/9/11 and melee damage from 6/7/8 to 6/8/10.
- Kinetic Generator (Tinker): Reduced energy generation percentage from 20/30/40% to 11/22/33%.
- Scrounger (Tinker): Increase the number of cards drawn from 2/3 to 3/4.
- Absorption Shell (Tinker): Reduced the number of cards received from the ability from 2/3/4 to 2/2/3.
- Spiky Layer (Tinker): Increased ARMOR from 1/2/2 to 1/2/3 and damage from 4/7/10 to 4/8/12.
- Dirty Bomb (Tinker): Increased damage from 12/18 to 13/20.
- Mark Target (Tracker): Reduced FOCUS amount from 3/4.5/6 to 3/4/5.
- Stealth Strike (Tracker): Reduced the duration of invisibility from 1/2/3 to 1/2/2.
- Emergency Cloak (Tracker): Increased damage threshold from 15/13/10 to 25/18/10 and decreased cooldown from 7/6/5 to 6/5/4.
- Critical Aim (Tracker): Increased critical chance from 4/9/14 to 5/10/15
- Finisher (Tracker): Reduced weapon damage from 125% to 100%
- High Velocity (Tracker): Reduced weapon damage from +10/20/30% to +8/16/25%.
- Shredder Weapon (Tracker): Reduced BLEED damage from 20/40/60% to 15/30/50%
- Assassinate (Tracker): Increased damage from 225/250% to 230/260%.
- Crystalmorph, Rockmorph and Soulmorph now have LETHAL RESISTANCE that increases each level.
- Added 50% STUN and LETHAL RESISTANCE for Corruptor, Destroyer and Exterminator.
- Drudger's melee evasion is 0 at level 1 but scales up quicker per level.
- Reduced Wurmling health gain per level by 2.
- Increased health and/or shield gains of Buddynaut, Crystalmorph, Deathmorph, Disciples, Jasperse, Juggernaut, Mawurm, Metail, Necroguard, Neurone, Prophet, Repressor, Rinow, Rockmorph, Serpentwurm and Tyrant.
- Added missing shields to Corruptor, Destroyer and Exterminator. This effectively almost doubles their hitpoints.
- Slightly increased the damage of Corruptor, Crystalmorph, Destroyer, Disciples, Exterminator, Metail and Rockmorph.
- Added a chance for Power Glove Core and Razor Spikes extension mod to spawn with Double Strike.
- Shield Bash (Preserver): Increased damage from 60% to 90% weapon damage.
- Shock Strike (Preserver): Increased damage against shields part from +25% to +50%.
- Electrocute (Necroguard): Increased damage from 80% to 100% weapon damage and the SHOCK from 3 to 5 damage per turn for 2 turns.
- Added STUN and LETHAL RESISTANCE to Disciples.
- Shield Sap (Ancient Eye): Increased damage from 75% to 90% weapon damage to shields. Also fixed that it actually is only shield damage.
- Added a bunch of stats, mainly LETHAL and STUN RESISTANCE for a large number of Arena enemies.
- Made Metail's deck to be leaner and more attack focused by removing Protective Stance and Protective Self-Repair.
Patch 1.0 (26 September 2018)
- 1.0 update is here! Full version of Deep Sky Derelicts is OUT NOW!
- Hi Scavengers,
- Today is the day! Deep Sky Derelicts is coming out of Games in Development today and it brings with it a update of epic propositions called "Search for the Mothership"!
- In the full version of the game you can finally experience the complete story mode that allows you to visit the fabled Mothership as well as brings a plethora of new content, fixes, tweaks and changes.
Among the most important changes are:
- Endgame content, level 10 abilities, missions and the ending added.
- Languages added: French, German, Polish, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- Mac and Linux versions.
- Soundtrack and artbook included.
- More random encounters.
- More character portraits.
- New ship layouts.
- A huge amount of balance changes to card and ability values, item prices, research upgrade costs, loot values and enemy stats.
- New enemy types: Necrotic Cyborgs, Disciples and the Deathmorph and much more!
- Endgame content, level 10 abilities, missions and the ending added.
- Languages added: French, German, Polish, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- Mac and Linux versions.
- Soundtrack and artbook included.
- More random encounters.
- More character portraits.
- New ship layouts.
- A huge amount of balance changes to card and ability values, item prices, research upgrade costs, loot values and enemy stats.
- New enemy types: Necrotic Cyborgs, Disciples and the Deathmorph.
- Vertical sync is now enabled by default; you can use the -no-vsync launch option to disable it. There is also -no-fps-cap to remove the 60 fps limitation.
- At the midway point of Arena mode there is a healing console that heals the squad back to full.
- Changed combat log into a separate panel with a toggle button (next to the Menu button).
- Status effects in combat are now grouped according to type to avoid icon clutter. Hovering over the icon shows all the effects.
- More UI tweaks and polish.
- More sounds and comic panel effects.
Fixes (not a complete list):
- Fixed Tracker/High Velocity not working properly for ranged attacks.
- Fixed issue where searchable loot gets destroyed when fighting a moving enemy in the same room.
- Fixed issue where item details would not pop up on hover after loading a save while in the crew/inventory view.
- Changed the quest log list into a scroll view to avoid squeezing the buttons when there are a lot of active missions.
- Fixed issue where the unit info window in combat would hide instead of change to another unit when clicking on a unit portrait.
- Fixed problem with Jaimes' dialogue in the Tone Hunting quest.
- Preload assets when entering ship to minimize hitching when combat starts.
- Fixed size of the selection highlight in the save slot UI when the scrollbar isn't visible.
- Fixed combat issue that could happen when Surgeon/Purist blocked an effect.
- Fixed issue where selling to an NPC would give you money but leave the item if the NPC didn't have enough.
- Fixed Power Generators not working immediately when placed.
- Fixed combat bug when a Drudger blows up in an already dead unit's face.
- Fixed two ship layouts not matching their outlines.
- Quick Strike can be played after Overcharge Amp. Weapon Disruption is activated after the turn.
- Fixed Tracker/High Velocity bonuses being added twice.
- Fixed issue where loot could occasionally have wrong stats after loading.
- Fixed not being able to complete Ghost In The Machine.
- Fixed Projectile Amplifier not being generated correctly, resulting in a freeze when combat ended.
- Fixed Strategist/High Priority Target not ignoring area attacks properly. Also other fixes towards HPT issues in some situations.
- Fixed Inferno Rocket adding a burn effect on the target even when it missed.
- Fixed minor issues with Rinow's portrait and name in Scattered Deviant.
- Fixed not being able to turn in contracts in the bar before unlocking the second set of tier 1 derelicts.
- A lot of card script changes to reduce the chances of effects interacting in wrong ways.
- Fixed more rare edge cases in the map generator.
- Fixed various AI targeting issues.
Patch 0.6.7 (09 August 2018)
- Hi Scavengers,
- Let’s welcome a new week with some new fixes! We are listening to your feedback and appreciate it a lot. Please keep it up as it helps us a ton in making the game the best possible experience.
- Here is the changelog:
- Fixed quest progression issue with Ghost in the Machine if Jasperse was killed. Entering the quest ship will allow you to continue the quest.
- Fixed not being able to continue Rinow's challenges after starting with the second one.
- Fixed infinite retreat loop when a character acting last in the round ran out of energy.
- Fixed combat freeze caused by Assassin/Shredder Weapons when the bleed effect was blocked.
- Fixed combat freeze that could happen with Root and damage-over-time effects on the same unit.
- Fixed issues with equipment stats changing when equipped. If you see more weird behaviour when equipping/unequipping items, please save the game first and then send a bug report mentioning which item causes the problem.
- Fixed character stats summary showing "Damage: 0" in some situations.
- Fixed Tracker/High Velocity bonuses being added twice.
- Fixed some AI targeting bugs.
- Optimized loading in cases where there are a lot of power generators on the map.
- Fixed problems with Maintain, including not giving the damage buff.
- Sentry Turret Card: Show critical effect in the card description, remove icon symbol to prevent confusion.
- Fixed an occasional post-combat freeze caused by UI cleanup.
- Fixed Leader/Unrelenting getting into a loop when used with Purify.
- Fixed a rare issue with Psyker/Mind Drain.
Patch 0.6.5 (27 July 2018)
- A new Bug Report tool has been added. If you bump into a bug, please click Menu -> Bug Report. This will allow you to send us a report with a screenshot, your save file and the debug log; you can also type in any information you would like to add. The Bug Report window will also automatically pop up for some kinds of combat bugs.
- (For data privacy information, check https://unity3d.com/legal/gdpr. Note that we don't use Unity Analytics, no personal/identifying data is sent, and no data is transferred outside of the bug reporter.)
- If you have a crash.dmp file, please email it to email@example.com, preferably with the save file and a description of what you were doing when the game crashed. Thank you!
- Added following extension mods to the game: Weapon Amplifier (Weapon tool), Projectile Amplifier (Weapon tool), Robotics Node (Tech tool), Maintenance Node (Tech tool) and Psychoanalyzer (Mental tool).
- Three new portraits added in.
- A couple of new random encounters. Some NPCs also now have a shop window for easier and more flexible trading.
- 9 new ship layouts.
- Additions and changes to the Pirate roster. Added the tech savvy Piratech, split regular pirates into Slaver, Raider and Defiler variations each with a few unique cards and gave Buddynaut some new cards.
- Pressing End Turn with no cards played now gives you Energize 1 on the next turn (i.e. can play one more card).
- The unit info popup in combat can now also be closed by clicking outside the panel.
- Tweaked battlefield spacing - when there are two units in one row, spread them out a little bit.
- Adjusted some of the card spawn weights. Most notably energizing cards (Quick Shot/Strike, Steady Shot and Quick Reload) and area damage attacks (Explosive Shot) cards spawn more rarely on eligible cores and extension mods.
- Reduced stun, fear, confuse and recycle values on extensions.
- The loot window now exits automatically when all items have been taken.
- The Menu button is now accessible from most screens, including the map view and the crew UI.
- Some texture optimization. The download size for the update is a bit bigger than usual, but it will result in less disk space used, so you are actually downloading free space! That's how it works, right?
- Updated to Unity 2017.4.6f1, and updated some external assets. This fixes some crashes and problems related to displays or alt-tabbing.
- Really fixed the problem of the first two ships not having guaranteed location data. What am I doing with my life, this isn't that hard. You'll need to restart the game if this still happened with the last update, sorry.
- Fixed not being able to talk to Rinow after postponing his challenge in the Scattered Deviant quest.
- Fixed Noether/Hemlock ending dialogue problems in the Foul Play quest.
- Fixed combat freeze when a confused unit played a shield-restoring card on a shieldless enemy.
- Fixed Tinker/Scrounger causing problems when retreating.
- Fixes towards Strategist/High Priority Target not ignoring area attacks and misbehaving in some situations.
- Fixed Inferno Rocket adding a burn effect on the target even when it missed.
- Fixed Repeat not counting recycled cards correctly.
- Improved the responsiveness of dialogue skipping.
- Fixed Strategist/Surge of Confidence giving bonuses to enemies in some situations.
- Fixed NPC name changes not sticking after returning to the station.
- Prevent the Sequencer mod from triggering more than once per card.
- Fixed Triple Shot doing 3x100% damage instead of the intended 3x50%.
- Don't trigger Bruiser/Cleave on multi-target attacks.
- Fixed unconscious leaders still proudly representing their crew in conversations.
- Added some checks to prevent unconscious crew members from adding their skills to various checks and calculations: debris tile energy cost, skill checks, loot bonuses, trap detection/disarm and quest rewards.
- Fixed out of energy message showing on top of crew UI.
- Fixed minor issues with Protective Sphere damage/shield calculations.
- Fixed electric trap not draining energy correctly.
- Fixed Reap showing an incorrect damage value on the card.
- Use % sign more consistently in descriptions of effects.
Patch 0.6 (22 June 2018)
- Character level cap raised to 9. New abilities for levels 8-9 are available.
- New ship layouts.
- New enemies: Amoebas (Soulmorph, Rockmorph and Crystalmorph) and the Tyrant.
- New missions for tier 3 (2 main + 2 side).
- Crew inventory size can be upgraded in the research workshop.
- New equipment extensions added to the loot pool.
- The name of the derelict you are currently exploring is now shown on the map.
- A combat log has been added. You can expand the log from the top of the screen and browse it during combat, and hover over the unit or card names to see what happened.
- A codex with descriptions of card mechanics is now available in the pause menu.
- Click the class name on the character creation screen to access more detailed information about classes and abilities.
- Added a tooltip to the XP bar on the character screen showing the current experience points and points needed for the next level.
- Two new trap types added.
- Two new crew portraits added.
- Game progression has been adjusted to throw stuff at you in more digestible portions - fewer ships are available to start with, but more are unlocked as soon as you find some location data.
- Some additional landing zones and hazard zones have been added to ship layouts.
- Starmap UI changes: Added a bit of animation to show newly unlocked ships on the starmap, and warning signs for ships that are above the crew's level.
- When moving several tiles at a time, the movement animation gradually speeds up after a few rooms to make long trips faster.
- The camera now tries to keep the crew icon visible when moving on the map, and you can scroll the map while moving.
- Combat UI changes: The energy display is now next to Boost and End Turn buttons, and the Retreat button has been moved to the left side.
- The card selector panel used for drawing or discarding cards is now more descriptive.
- Drawing cards due to an ability or other card is shown with a brief animation.
- Fast Deployment now moves the new unit to its correct place in the current round based on its initiative (or right after the owner, if the initiative is higher).
- You can click on mods in the crew inventory to pin the details to the screen, allowing you to browse the item's cards by hovering over them. Click again to unfocus. Energy cells are now used with a double click.
- Updated game settings UI to fit the overall style.
- Tracking Shot: Shot is Accurate (=hits always)
- Tracker/Mark Target now also gives an Evasion debuff to the target.
- Changed Scrapper/Expert Tool User ability into Team Preparation: All allies start combat with 1/2/3 additional cards.
- Small adjustments to equipment and item modifiers across the board. Most notably Focus, Evasion, Energy reduction and Lethal chance values got reduced on all levels.
- Increased movement cost of the passive scan research upgrades to +25%/+25% (was +10/+20).
- Increased energy cost of the scan range research upgrades to +15%/+15%/+15% (was +10/+10/+10).
- Buffed most of the Illustrious equipment modifiers.
- Increased Small Energy Cell price from 30 to 35 and Medium Energy Cell price from 90 to 105.
- Increased the number of items that are spawned to the Pawn Shop for sale.
- Arena has two more new encounters, one Amoeba (Rockmorph, Soulmorph, Crystalmorph and one Scourge (Drudger, Mortifier, Tyrant) fight, totalling 22 encounters. One of the earlier fights was replaced with a Necrotic (Banger, Gutser, Long Dead) group.
- Fixed map generation bugs where locked rooms could prevent progress in some situations.
- Fixed combat issues that could occur after loading a save in the middle of combat.
- Fixed Hazard Protection not working when trying to restore shields or health in radiated rooms.
- Fixed missing room graphics in locked rooms.
- Fixed Talk button being visible when a conversation was restarted without exiting the room.
- Fixed some equipment modifiers getting incorrect effect values when a status effect was also generated on the same item.
- Fixed a bug that could result in some "chance of X" equipment modifiers (elemental effects, ability lock, explosive shots and bleed) not working properly.
- Fixed combat bugs with the Leader/Distraction ability and a potential bug with Leader/Unrelenting.
- Fixed an error that could happen when generating loot with the Fast Deployment modifier.
- Enemies aren't scared of loot anymore and can move over it.
- Fixed script bug with Recharging Pulse.
- Added more safety checks for card script interactions.
- Use the death pose for units hit by Lethal attacks.
Patch 0.5.1 (04 May 2018)
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze when trying to clear debris.
- Can't anymore receive 2 Astrospheres from the console with a dormant Necroguard guarding it.
- Fixed missing comic panel effects for tripwire and radiation traps.
- Fixed scanner details spoiling the Talking Floor quest.
- Fixed a rare issue where you could not use an energy cell from the inventory after looting.
Patch 0.5 (02 May 2018)
- As a reminder: New features will generally only be available in newly generated ships during Early Access; existing saves and already visited ships might not have new stuff.
- Variations added for some main quests. Things may not proceed as you might expect on different playthroughs.
- Difficulty selection for new games: Normal or Hardcore. Hardcore is the previous one-save-only mode, Normal allows free saving and loading. In Normal mode, the previous save can also be loaded from the game over screen when the crew is killed.
- New Necrotic enemies added: Gutser, Long Dead (ship levels 1+) and , Banger (levels 3+).
- New Scourge enemies added: Drudger (ship levels 1+) and Mortifier (levels 3+)
- Rooms in some ships can be blocked by debris. Clearing debris takes energy if you don't have a Scavenging Kit (see below).
- Scan Detail research upgrades now have two levels.
- Watch out for traps in tier 2 ships. Scanner upgrades can detect traps, and Tech and Scavenging skills can also help with spotting them at the last second.
- Some sections of derelicts can now be locked. You will have to find a console to unlock them.
- New equipment in the shop:
- Power Generators and Field Scanners are now combined into the Power Generator. Field scanners are no longer available in new saves or after a shop inventory refresh.
- Scavenging Kit can be used to disarm traps safely or to clear debris. A single kit has 5 charges.
- Hazard Protection negates harmful room effects for 10 moves in exploration. Energy Surge benefits will still be available.
- Extraction Beacons can be used to immediately teleport to the nearest landing zone. They require a lot of power and thus must be used in a room powered by a generator or Energy Surge.
- Save slot UI has been overhauled to better fit the artistic style.
- All characters and rival scavengers are immune to Lethal hits.
- Waiting one turn takes 5 energy (half the movement cost).
- Temporary Cover: Using another card refreshes the duration of the cover.
- Medic/Pain Killer Additive and First to Aid abilities stack instead of creating new effects.
- Reactionary abilities such as Retaliation or Flame Guard don't act on other reaction attacks anymore, i.e. only one reaction is generally processed. This is to prevent silly, confusing and/or broken interactions between abilities.
- Slightly increased XP requirements for levels: level 2 requires 150 more XP, level 3 200 more and all subsequent levels after 100 more.
- Slightly reduced the following modifiers' values across all item levels: +X% Damage, +X% Evasion, +X% Recycle, +X% Lethal, +X% Maximum Shields, -X% Damage resistance on hit and +X Focus.
- "Stagger"-modifier has a chance of spawning with higher than 1 strength from item level 4 onwards.
- Significantly reduced Energy Efficiency values across all item levels. It was too easy to reach a point where energy was no longer an issue.
- Improved "Knockback"-modifier's (aka -X initiative on hit for 1 turn) upper strength values at all item levels.
- Added a chance for "Ability lock"-modifier (aka Disable X cards for Y turns on hit) to spawn with 2 strength at item levels 4, 5 and 6.
- Adjusted "Reduce armor"-modifier's values to scale more evenly towards high levels.
- Fixed Shield Expert/Team Shield Amplifier upgrades not being applied to all crew members until the next combat encounter. The shield bonus is also now combined into the final max shield value instead of changing the displayed shield core values.
- Fixed Radiated rooms not preventing shield recharge after combat. Shields will be recharged after moving to a non-radiated tile.
- Wrap status icon text to avoid wiiiiiiiiiiiide popups.
- Reactionary attacks such as Bruiser/Retaliation are now shown in separate comic scenes instead of overriding the first attack.
- Fixed Number of Attacks and Bonus Burst Hits stats not working properly on some equipment.
- Fixed Shield Boost not rounding up the value for the status icon text.
- Fixed Shockwave applying knockback/stagger even if the attack didn't hit.
- Fixed Technician/Shield Expertise not giving energy correctly.
- Fixed map hover popup not showing visited encounter details when out of scan range.
- Fixed damage calculation error on burst attacks with bonus shield damage.
- Fixed Controlled Burst damage calculation errors.
- Fixed Charged Shot and Charged Strike script errors when the target was prematurely killed or when the attacking unit was incapacitated.
- Fixed bug that could cause incorrect initiative values being shown for summoned units (the actual value was correct).
- Fixed Master of Robots/Sentry Turret stats not matching the ability description.
- Fixed a typo which could make a rival tracker have a blank white portrait.
- Fixed neutral scavengers refusing to continue fighting after the player has retreated and goes back to them.
- Fixed conversation with more hostile scavengers not initiating combat with the relevant option after a successful mental check.
- Fixed combat bug that could happen on an out-of-energy retreat.
- Fixed Shield Manipulation freezing combat when used on a target without shields.
- Fixed occasional script bug with Chemist/Stronger Substances.
- Fixed a bug where an enemy could freeze when failing to play a card while affected by Confusion, Fear or Stun.
- Fixed the attacking unit showing up on the defender side in a comic panel when an area attack misfires.
- Fixed Tinker/Kinetic Generator gaining an absurd amount of energy from lethal hits.
- Fixed Tinker/Scrounger card picker staying visible when the unit was stunned.
- Fixed Tinker/Scrounger working while Overloaded.
- Fixed Bruiser/Retaliation showing incorrect title and animation for the retaliatory attack.
- Fixed status icons occasionally lingering on screen even after the effect expired.
- Fixed Medic/Pain Killer Additive not granting health to all affected units when buffing multiple allies.
- Fixed Medic/Medical Diligence giving buffs for cards played by allies; it was intended to work only when the medic plays a medical card.
- Fixed room backgrounds sometimes getting flipped when entering combat.
- Fixed Tracker/Mark Target not rounding gained focus.
- Craft Supply can now be canceled without losing a turn.
- Fixed AI sometimes targeting invisible units.
- Fixed duration indicator color on Damage Resistance debuff icons.
- Fixed character stat panel popping up when targeting Disrupt by clicking on a unit portrait.
- Fixed some NPCs not talking to the player anymore in certain situations.
- Fixed Arena map being revealed when loading a save.
- Hero's Badge can now be sold after completing the quest.
- Draining Strike can not be used on a shieldless target.
- Fixed not being able to sell repeatedly from the same inventory slot.
- Possible fixes towards an occasional crash involving asset unloading.
- Fixed the Punisher giving attack bonuses to other equipment and even other units.
Patch 0.3.1 (07 March 2018)
- Added new sounds for cards: Alpha Stance, Alpha Strike, Finisher, Power Surge, Radiation Shot, Rip & Tear, Strong Punch, Sabotage and Transfer.
- When retreating from combat, you can now choose the tile to move into.
- Puncture hits now do 50%/50% shield and health damage instead of 100% health damage, with excess damage to shields spilling over to health as usual.
- Added more stats to the character panel in crew and combat screens and made the panel scrollable.
- Adjusted Skink AI to be a bit more flexible with target selection.
- Fixed occasional combat freeze after an enemy affected by Fear or Confusion played a card, or when an enemy was killed during its turn.
- Fixed attacks not working when a weapon of the corresponding type (melee/ranged) was not equipped.
- Fixed combat bug when trying to summon a second Hacked Aidrone.
- Fixed Cobra/Envenom error on critical success.
- Fixed Puncture and CriticalDamageMultiplier values not working correctly in looted items. Puncture was doing too little and critical damage bonus a bit too much.
- Fixed the Necroguard not dropping any loot.
- Fixed shields being restored at the start of combat when out of energy.
- Fixed horizontal alignment issues with some background graphics.
- Fixed missing % sign in Damage Resistance stats.
Patch 0.3 (01 March 2018)
STARTING A NEW GAME IS RECOMMENDED DUE TO NEW CONTENT
- Bug reporting: When possible, please send us the output_log.txt and your save file to make bug hunting easier.
Log file location: \Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Snowhound\Deep Sky Derelicts\output_log.txt
Save file location: AppData\LocalLow\Snowhound\Deep Sky Derelicts. Please check the date, as the number in the file name might not correspond to the order of save files in the game.
You can email the files, and the bug report or a link to the bug forum, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- There are some problems with multiple displays. We will have to perform an engine upgrade to fix some of those and that was not possible for this release, so we’ll investigate these bugs in the near future. In the meanwhile, you might want to try some of these startup options as workarounds: -window-mode borderless, -adapter 0 (or 1 or 2 depending on your monitor setup), -show-screen-selector.
- Some card sounds are missing.
- Card layout in combat can get slightly messed up in some situations.
- Character levels are now capped to 7.
- Five new ability specialization branches available at level 4.
- Tier 2 derelicts can now be unlocked by finding at least 2 location data from tier 1 derelicts and visiting the Sub-Governor.
- 4 new quests.
- 12 new rare Illustrious mods can be found, each with its own unique effect. Other new extensions and loot drops have also been added.
- Research Workshop opened on Deep Sky Station. The workshop offers permanent scanning and energy upgrades.
- The medical bay now offers partial heal options for bold but economically challenged scavengers. Reviving is now cheaper and heals the unit to 1 HP, leaving you in charge of further treatment. Other medical costs have also been slightly reduced.
- The starmap shows the last visited derelict and the visited/unvisited/main quest completed status of derelicts.
- New derelict layouts, some with multiple unlockable landing zones.
- Map icons and colors have been overhauled.
- The scanned area now gradually shrinks and disappears, with research upgrades available for both range and duration.
- New enemies: Shocklings, Alpha Skinks, Preservers, Pyronics and scary Triumvirate squads.
- Arena extended with new fights and rebalanced.
- Rooms in derelicts can contain anomalies such as magnetic interference or low gravity, with either helpful or harmful effects both in and out of combat.
- Energy changes: Everything has been multiplied by 10 (base energy is now 1000, scanning takes 50 energy) to make energy efficiency stats/upgrades more meaningful.
- Crew shield/health status is now visible on the map screen.
- Running out of energy does not result in an instant game over anymore. Instead, life support, shields and weapons are disabled and scavengers start losing health, giving you a chance to crawl back to safety.
- Experience gain adjustments; higher level enemies now give more XP than before and lower level enemies give less.
- Some enemies can resist stuns and lethal hits.
- Help popups added for Boost and Retreat.
- New items are marked in the inventory.
- New cards and comic panel effects.
- Fixed some skill bonuses not working correctly.
- Fixed Power Generator revealing unseen map tiles.
- Fixed some enemy encounters not starting automatically.
- Too many card, ability and UI fixes to list.
- Russian text fixes.
- Added new character portraits including ones based on contest winners and Welovegames. Also polished some of the older portraits.
Patch 0.2.2 (09 January 2018)
- Fixed ship generation bugs that could lead to quest contents not being available in a derelict (doesn't fix existing saves, sorry).
- Fixed some script bugs affecting Medic's passive abilities.
- Fixed an issue where a card script might occasionally discard wrong cards.
- Fixed combat freezing with some combinations of reactive cards and status effects.
- Fixed Aidrone not being able to handle the tragic loss of its friends and freezing combat.
- Fixed Puncture changing shield-only damage (such as the EMP Grenade) to health damage.
- Fixed the card selector panel in combat stretching too wide with a lot of cards; also speeded up the card animation.
- Fixed layering problems with some combat UI elements, such as unit health/status indicators overlapping cards during card selection.
- Fixed Scrapper/Divert Energy issues with discarding and drawing. It also now allows you to select the cards to discard.
- Fixed Medic/Adrenaline Booster initiative values.
- Fixed Cobra's Regeneration not doing anything on the first turn and using wrong healing values.
- Fixed Buddynaut Crush not destroying cover.
Patch 0.2 (28 December 2017)
- STARTING A NEW GAME IS RECOMMENDED
- Old saves may work, but you will likely encounter some problems.
- NOTE ON BUGS: We would very much like to see the output_log.txt file when you bump into bugs. The log file is located in the C:\Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Snowhound\Deep Sky Derelicts directory. You can either upload it somewhere or email it to email@example.com, preferably with a description of what happened. Thank you!
- Character level 4 unlocked. Specializations are not yet open.
- One level 4 ship added to starmap. Actual Tier 2 ships will come in a later update, but this is something to test and play with in the meantime.
- Enemies can now move on the map - watch out!
- The scanner now shows more information about map contents when you hover over a room.
- 2 new main missions, 2 new side missions, a new contract and a few other new random encounters added.
- Unique lore datapads may be found in the derelicts.
- New room backgrounds and character portraits added.
- Added a Sell All Junk button to the station shop.
- Arena updated with 4 new encounters, rebalanced loot drops, removed empty tiles on the map (now just combat after combat) and puncture possibility in Arena minimized from enemies (only Knife with Piercing strike and spawned wurmlings occasionally proc puncture). Overall, it should be more challenging.
- A lot of card fixes and balance updates, for example:
- puncture chances have been lowered across the board
- critical hit damage bonus is now 1.5x instead of 2x
- almost all enemies and player characters have received an increase in health and shield amounts and the damage output on early levels has been slightly reduced
- We have more changes in mind for puncture, as well as balance in general.
- Localization support implemented and Russian translation added. More languages to follow.. Note: We are aware of some issues with the Russian localization and will update it later.
- Added sounds for Cobra, Necroguard, Skink, Juggernaut/Buddynaut and level 4 class abilities
- A lot of the extensions now can spawn with 0 cards while the number of cards and the chance of spawning higher number of cards on weapon cores has been increased.
Patch 0.1.3 (22 November 2017)
- Added some safety checks for savefiles.
- Fixed some controllers affecting UI navigation in the inventory and shop.
- Fixed base unit health/shield values being displayed for a moment when starting combat.
Patch 0.1.2 (17 November 2017)
- Switched to nice human-friendly version numbers.
- Fixed some UI elements (especially in combat) not handling resolution changes.
- Fixed Emerson not accepting the news of Friedman's demise. He will now be happy about the fact that you murdered a person. You monster.
- Fixed edge scrolling issues on the map screen, and added state-of-the-art WASD and arrow key technology for scrolling.