Build 1.31i (27 February 2020)
- Tornado / Hurricane champions should no longer spawn tornados near you if they cannot see you.
- The price of Rose Petals is now 400g / sells for 200g (up from 100/50).
- (Legend of Shara) Increased Orb of Reverie drop chance in Wanderer’s Journeys
- (Dawn of Dragons) The Phasma Cannons in the final dragon fight no longer act as often, and summons should appear less frequently
- (Dawn of Dragons) Whip base damage is higher now.
- Damage text missing from certain abilities like Photon Cannon should now appear again
- Fixed serious bug when going from a regular save to a DLC-enabled save
- (Dawn of Dragons) “Banishing” champions should no longer hit Vinelings for 50% of their health (oops)
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed issue where mighty vines could disappear forever, making the Ancient Jungle unable to be completed
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed Echo Dragon’s name, and incorrect coloring for Corporeal vs Ethereal forms.
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed visual issues with the final dragon
- (Dawn of Dragons) Whip damage should now properly scale with Strength and Swiftness as intended
- “Legend of Shara” is now localized into Simplified Chinese
- Various German and Japanese translation updates
- Various performance improvements and optimizations
QUALITY OF LIFE
- There should be less log spam when monsters use abilities out of your line of sight.
Build 1.31c (12 January 2020)
- The “Steadfast” shield magic mod now reduces basic attack damage from the shield’s direction by 50% (up from 33%), while damage from other angles is only increased by 10% (down from 15%).
- The “Arrow-Dampening” armor magic mod now decreases ranged attack damage taken by 30% (up from 25%)
- The “Phalanx” armor magic mod now decreases melee damage taken by 20% (up from 15%), while the extra damage from ranged attacks is now 5% (down from 15%)
- Weapon and quiver mods that deal extra damage to certain monster families (Frog Slaying, Bandit Slaying, etc) now all deal +30% (up from +20%), with the exception of Rust-Biting, as it has an upgraded version (Chrome-Shredding)
- The “Emergency” shield magic mod now reduces damage from basic attacks by 50% while under 33% health (up from 25%)
- The “Toxicity” magic mod now has a 6% chance to drop acid pools, up from 5%, per step
- The ice shot ability used by “Icedaggers” champions now deals less damage (110% of normal dmg, down from 135%) and has a slightly longer cooldown.
- Adjusted how Resist-Piercing champions work. Rather than constantly piercing 50% of all resistances, they now add a stacking debuff when they damage their target, which lowers its resists by 10%. This can stack 4 times.
- Buffed the stats of the following monsters: Mottled Sandjaw, Heated Sandjaw, Electric Jelly, Cave Lion, Guardian Corsair
- Decreased the cooldown (20 -> 16t) and increased the damage (25% -> 35% attack dmg) of the toxic cloud used by Toxic champions
- Increased the cooldown of Conjurer / Frogmaster summons from 13 to 16 turns
- Unstable Magic (Spellshaper ability) now costs 5 Energy (down from 15) and has a cooldown of 6 turns (down from 8)
- In Savage World, monster resistance to status effects now halves the duration rounded up instead of down.
- (Legend of Shara/Dawn of Dragons) The monster ability Black Hole now lasts 5 turns, down from 7
- (Legend of Shara/Dawn of Dragons) The monster ability Energy Shield now has a 16 turn cooldown (up from 14)
- (Legend of Shara) In Tower of Ordeals, chance to find shopkeepers per floor is now 25% (up from 20%)
- (Legend of Shara) In Wanderer’s Journeys, champion monsters now give +15% rewards per champion mod, which should make them feel more worthwhile to fight
- (Legend of Shara) Adjusted difficulty curve of Tower of Ordeals. The first 20 floors now become harder more quickly (more monster power/level gained per floor), however the following 30 floors grow harder more slowly, particularly the final 20 floors. The overall end point of the dungeon is the same. This should make for a more even playthrough.
- (Legend of Shara) In all Wanderer’s Journeys, there are now guaranteed Scroll of Job Change scroll spawns every 10 floors (e.g. floor 10, 20, 30…) in chests, somewhere. Gotta explore to find them!
- (Dawn of Dragons) During the Ancient Jungle dungeon monster waves, monsters will no longer only focus on the vines. Instead, they add Vine aggro every turn, which can potentially be overridden by other sources of aggro.
- (Dawn of Dragons) Ancient Jungle now has at least 2 more friendly monster crystals/eggs per map
- Fixed bug where monsters with the “Hundred Fists” abilities were dealing about twice as much damage as intended.
- Fixed bug where abilities could sometimes lose their Energy or Stamina cost if a monster had the same ability
- Fixed bug where Brigand’s Silver Job Emblem affecting Smoke Cloud was not affecting cooldown
- Poison Evocation and Unstable Magic should now be properly processed by Spellshaping mods (including costs)
- The searchbar now correctly filters by favorited items if you use “favorite” as a search term.
- Monsters Letters should correctly stack more often now (they will not stack unless all the underlying info is the same, though - who caught the monster, who released it, and the skill transferred)
- Sword Dancer’s gold emblem that allows you to parry skills (with 1/3 of normal chance) no longer reduces your regular chance to parry to 1/3 normal. Oops!
- Fixed bug with Gambler’s Skill Orb version of Double Down inconsistently triggering its effects. Also, fixed Double Down not always hitting all targets
- Fixed bug where toggling monster health bars via keyboard binding (“M” by default) would briefly flash them on the screen, even in fog of war
- Fixed bug where monsters with the “Monster Pull / Haul” ability (e.g. Puller/Hauler champs) could use this ability on themselves to do instant damage. This was not intended. It should only be usable on other allied monsters.
- Fixed bug that could bork pet duels. Also, added more safeguards to ensure that helpless corral pets wandering outside their pen won’t get caught in the crossfire and injured.
- Fixed visual bug when Sword Dancers parry and create Flame Serpents from their Advanced innate job trait
- If you try to equip an item in the dungeon, and you cannot equip it for whatever reason, you should no longer lose a turn
- (Dawn of Dragons) The Frog Dragon Break ability now pans the camera while using it
- (Dawn of Dragons) The final dragon dungeon event will now trigger as long as you’ve ever cleared the final boss on the current save slot (meta progress)
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed Orb of Reverie + Scroll of Job Change recipe working incorrectly
- (Dawn of Dragons) The “Arcane” Quiver mod now triggers 25% of the time as intended (instead of 100%...)
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed Spectral Crab / Enemy Jelly Trooper not showing up in the Monsterpedia (note: you will have to defeat more of them starting with this patch for them to show up)
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed various bugs with Glide resetting (or not resetting) its cooldown when it was not supposed to.
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bugs where, in dream versions of certain maps, you could unintentionally trigger certain events
- Further save file size optimizations, trimmed out some garbage data
QUALITY OF LIFE
- (Legend of Shara) In longer Wanderer’s Journeys, the special music tracks now play for more floors in the middle and towards the end
- (Legend of Shara) Mini Dreamcasters now have a “Swap Places” option
- Minor writing adjustments in the final battle dialogue
Build 1.30n (30 December 2019)
- During Gold job trials, you can now use 6 consumables (up from 5)
- Fixed rare save corruption bug that made the game unloadable
- Fixed bug where your corral pet would become ‘disconnected’ from the corral, and you would be unable to return it (among other potential issues)
- Fixed soft lock if you leveled up while returning to town at the same time of the Riverstone Grove frog callout
- Bosses that can potentially spawn illusions for any reason should no longer cause script/cutscene glitches when you destroy the illusions
- Friendly bombs, like the kind generated by Brigand’s advanced job trait, should now always have a green aura (indicating they will not harm you)
- The minimap size will now dynamically adjust if it’s open while changing zones
- Fixed bug where Medium Armor Mastery was not giving you enough Dodge (8% of Swiftness, instead of 12.5%)
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed soft lock related to bringing some gear in or out of the dungeon
- (Legend of Shara) Items upgraded in Mini Dreamcasters should now have correct names
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bug where some items found in Journeys could disappear when brought into Hall of Champions
- (Dawn of Dragons) When using a hand wrap in your main hand, random offhands should now stop being auto-equipped
- (Dawn of Dragons) A friendly Bandit Wrangler should no longer summon hostile monsters
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed Spirit Sanctuary stair routing issues that made it impossible to get back to your Item Dream once you explored deeper in. Also fixed bug where an Item Dream portal would not appear if you were knocked out there for any reason.
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed bugs with various crafting recipes sometimes not using all required input items.
- Fixed potential issues in mod loading and icons on some systems
- Various optimizations during gameplay
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Pet monsters should no longer use self-buffing abilities if outside of combat.
- The game now shows what DLC you have installed on the title screen
- Bringing a tamed (not knocked out) bandit to the Beastlake Park quest no longer removes it
- Block, parry, and dodge descriptions on the Character screen now indicate that not all special attacks can be avoided, and that chance to dodge special attacks is halved.
Build 1.30l (12 December 2019)
- Fixed rare save corruption bug that made the game unloadable
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed Spirit Sanctuary stair routing issues that made it impossible to get back to your Item Dream once you explored deeper in. Also fixed bug where an Item Dream portal would not appear if you were knocked out there for any reason.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Pet monsters should no longer use self-buffing abilities if outside of combat.
Build 1.30j (09 December 2019)
- Reduced the gold cost to use non-Lucid / non-Skill orbs by 33%
- Reduced the efficacy of monster healing in NG+ and Savage World by 16/32% (this helps the player!)
- (Dawn of Dragons) In NG+ and Savage World, the Vinelings in the Ancient Jungle gain increased health and substantially more defense to make up for the increased monster power.
- Fixed certain inconsistencies with attack calculations when dual-wielding weapons. For example, Sharktooth Axe in offhand was not getting an accuracy penalty, and the third Whip Mastery was triggering off both hands
- (Legend of Shara) Fix to Relic loading from meta progress, which was causing serious errors w/ Hand Wraps & Whips
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed the “1 Gem + 1 Lucid Orb = Random Lucid Orb” frogcrafting recipe, as well as “2 Gems + Accessory = Random Accessory”
- (Dawn of Dragons) Offhand attacks with Hand Wraps should work again.
- (Legend of Shara) Spanish support added.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You can now search for “gem” in the searchbar of various inventory UIs to filter all your gems.
Build 1.30g (05 December 2019)
- Fixed some game load bugs caused by last patch, sorry
- (Dawn of Dragons) Verminespers should no longer be able to charm the vines in the Tyrant Dragon dungeon
- (Dawn of Dragons) You should no longer see the portal reveal animation to the Spirit Sanctuary if you’ve cleared it
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed bug in the 3rd floor of Bandit Waterworks where every switch would unlock the final gate.
Build 1.30e (04 Decmber 2019)
- (Dawn of Dragons) Whip masteries now have unique skill icons
- Flame Cocktail (and all higher level versions) now have an additional square of range
- Guardian Lurkers now have a 5 turn cooldown on their laser ability (up from 4)
- For rumors that have a limited step count, you no longer lose steps while in Item Dreams or Wanderer’s Journeys
- Champions generated by the “Notorious” feat now give 15% more rewards, and have a 33% chance of dropping a useful item (such as rose petals, Orb of Reverie, a healing potion, butler bell)
- (Dawn of Dragons) The “Bubble” mod now grants a shield equal to Lvl x 30, down from Lvl x 50.
- Fixed game error with Ramirel’s Dismantler if an attack was reflected back to you
- Fixed mapping bugs with Xbox One controllers
- Effects that reduce healing should now work correctly on monsters
- Quivers should no longer grant CT when using a staff or other non-bow weapon
- The Food Cart should no longer ever use Butler’s Bells as a demanded item
- When completing the Beastlake Park bandit pet quest, the pet should now be permanently removed from you as intended. (Remember, you can also simply hand in a knocked out bandit. It doesn’t have to be a tamed pet.)
- Porting out of a job trial on the 2nd floor no longer leaves an open portal back into the trial area!
- (Legend of Shara) While in Hall of Champions or Temple of the Elements, you should no longer keep equipped gear found in the dungeon
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed very strange bug with relic names sometimes being saved/loaded wrong.
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed bug with “the Wolf” mod’s defense being way too high, and also sometimes triggering (or not triggering) incorrectly after dismissing summons
- (Dawn of Dragons) Fixed bug where some monsters in dragon dungeons were set to 0% xp/gold/jp rewards
- (Dawn of Dragons) The “explosions” mod should no longer work on regular abilities, only items
- (Dawn of Dragons) The second Whip mastery should no longer trigger with non-Whip weapon types
- (Legend of Shara/Dawn of Dragons) Removed some monster sprites that were not supposed to show up in Journeys
- (Legend of Shara/Dawn of Dragons) Fixed issue where Shara could encounter game errors with Dawn of Dragons installed, in some areas (like Frog Bog)
- (Legend of Shara/Dawn of Dragons) If you own both expansions, you will now be able to find relic Whips and handwraps
- Various small optimizations
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Reorganized the Fast Travel/waypoint dialogue to show floors in a consistent order
- (Dawn of Dragons) Langdon now has a dialog option reminding you where to go to continue the dragon questline.
Build 1.30b (26 November 2019)
- Dawn of Dragons, our second expansion, has launched!
- Rebalanced/fixed how Confusion status works. Now, Confused monsters have a 50% chance to take a Confused action on their turn. This action is either: attack a random target (including possibly allies, or themselves), OR wander to a random nearby space. Overall, this should be way more useful than Confusion was previously.
- Fixed a certain harmless frog exploit. You know what it is.
- Fixed bug where the searchbar tutorial could sometimes mess with dialog box state.
- Fixed rare game crash bug
- Fixed issue where Bandages and Iron Breathing would trigger healing regardless of clearing any bleed/poison effects
- Fixed bug where getting a campfire before a boss or special map would sometimes spawn you in a weird location
- Fixed missing kanji in Japanese fonts
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When talking to Jorito about Weapon Masteries, he will tell you how much JP you currently have.
- The game now saves your combat log in your save file folder (combatlog0, 1, etc. corresponding with save game slot.) This log mirrors the content of the log in the journal UI tab.
Build 1.29j (01 November 2019)
- Corral pets should no longer make so much noise, unless they’re in combat.
- Fixed bug where some map objects lasted forever (introduced in the previous patch, sorry)
- Fixed monster behavior bugs (also introduced in previous patch)
- Fixed bug where no Orbs of Reverie worked on anything ever (same)
- Fixed bug where feat selection toggle states were janky
- Fixed bug where going from Shara character creation → Mirai would mess up the Mirai character creation process
- Attempted fix for bug where, in some regions, all “miscsettings” values (like enemy dmg, hero dmg, etc) were cranked up to 1000% on initial load.
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed broken relic names
- (Legend of Shara) Tutorials should really no longer pop up during Shara’s intro scene
- (Legend of Shara) Game error related to local region/language fixed
Build 1.29d (28 October 2019)
- Worked on smoothing some dialog box jank
- Non-boss monsters in Savage World now have generally more Health, and scaled monsters in NG+ / Savage World (i.e. low level monsters scaled to higher level) both have more health and power as intended
- When extracting magic mods from the Dreamcaster, you now have a chance at a bonus shard depending on the rarity of the item.
- Budoka fist / kick weapon power now increases by an additional 5% at levels 12 1 6, and 20
- Budoka’s tier 3 innate passive now boosts Vital Point proc chance on attack to 30% as intended (up from 20%, which was bugged)
- Fixed dream crystals sometimes having no aura and soft locking the game
- Fixed game error due to rare monster spawn
- Fixed Wild Cards “Straight” evaluation again
- Fixed bug where status data was not saved correctly, so hero-spawned poison/bleeds (etc) would load and use the monster’s stats instead of the hero’s
- Fixed bug where items would show a 4th upgrade possible in the Dreamcaster (such as +20 Stamina/Energy) outside of Savage World
- Fixed bug where a corral pet could be mad at you forever
- Fixed rare game error related to Runic Crystals on death
- Fixed error that could cause game to not load (due to DLC2 work, oops sorry)
- Fixed bug related to large pet parties throwing game errors
- Corral pets can no longer be charmed, ever
- Damage conversion effects like Fire --> Shadow should work correctly now with your bonus dmg
- Addressed various issues with monster level scaling. This might result in some monsters (scaled from a lower level) having more Health
- Whirlwinds - 2H weapon mod - now triggers only on use of physical damage skills, as intended
- Fixed issue with disappearing friendly elemental spirits
- (Legend of Shara) Orbs of Reverie should drop correctly in the right Wanderer’s Journeys again…
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bugs related to saving/loading certain Wanderer’s Journey data in some regions
- (Legend of Shara) Less immersion breaking at the start of Shara’s story (tutorial popups)
- Fixed bugs with viewing / uploading mods from Linux
- A variety of engine optimizations for better performance on all platforms (fewer stutters, frame drops in various combat situations)
- Improved loading times
Build 1.28d (19 September 2019)
- Limited the max # of pets displayable in the “Pet Party” hud element, so they don’t take up the entire screen
- Paladin’s “Advanced” innate bonus (blocking empowers next damaging skill) now applies to Shield Slam too
- Spears now have a new inherent effect: basic attacks pierce 25% of target’s resistance (depending on the Spear’s damage type)
- The second Spear weapon mastery now has an additional effect: Spears will strike two targets at once in a line (so if you attack at range 2, it hits the one in between, if you attack in melee, it hits the target behind)
- An Axe in your offhand will now correctly execute the 360 degree attack that all Axes have
- Adding Skill Orbs to Legendary and Relic items now takes 2x the JP
- (Legend of Shara) Default max # of mods on relics is now 3 instead of 4. Higher rank relics can reach up to 5, rather than 6, unless you’re in the Tower of Ordeals!
- (Legend of Shara) The final boss of Tower of Ordeals now drops two relics!
- Monsters should no longer exceed the “Happiness” threshold after breeding
- Fixed bugs related to job & feat unlocks using wrong data from other save slots instead of the selected slot
- Fixed incorrect text output when Cat’ie bonks a pet on the head
- Fixed some ground effects not being flagged correctly as reducing defense
- Fixed various status effects added by gear not reading the correct originating actor as the Hero on load. This made some statuses like “increased block chance with even gold amount” not work correctly.
- Fixed mod viewer not maintaining scroll position past the first page of mods.
- When dueling your pet, your pet should no longer harass your other corral pets
- Fixed bug with Sword Dancer’s tier 2 emblem effect that was supposed to auto-attack enemies when pulled or pushed by them.
- Fixed bug where trying to put a Skill Orb on an item via Dreamcaster would sometimes display a success rate of 0% regardless of JP added
- (Legend of Shara) Relic quivers should no longer use a shield icon
- (Legend of Shara) Ranged relic weapons should no longer spawn with Parry mods
- (Legend of Shara) Relics shields should now properly have physical damage reduction
- (Legend of Shara) The “Eat Weapon” ability of Mimics should no longer be inheritable
- (Legend of Shara) You should no longer be warned about failing a rumor while in a Mystery Dungeon.
- (Legend of Shara) You should no longer find Orbs of Reverie in Wanderer’s Journeys where you can’t use them or carry them out
- (Legend of Shara) Attempted fix for bug where relics would sometimes be capable of getting more magic mods via Dreamcaster than originally intended.
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bug where Mystery Kings would sometimes not drop relics. Sorry!
- Switched to a new typewriter text function, should be much more CPU-efficient now
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Monsters will now drop all items they are carrying if hit with a Monster Mallet. This should prevent situations like your weapon being eaten by a Mimic, never to be retrieved again.
- You should no longer receive a popup about entering Savage World once you have already seen it at least once.
- (Legend of Shara) The “Armillary Mirrors” effect no longer says “Armillary Mirrors” in the log if you are using a relic with that effect
Build 1.27 (13 August 2019)
- The benefits of the second Dagger Mastery have been reduced from +10% dual wielding accuracy/damage to +7.5% (per hand).
- Using a Lightweight weapon or a Claw in your offhand is now a little worse than before, by about 5%. However, if your offhand weapon is both Lightweight AND Claw, it’s still as effective as before.
- (Legend of Shara) Slightly bumped up the average monster level in Temple of Elements, along with respawn rate. Also, shops now appear a little less frequently (25% chance per floor, down from 33%)
- (Legend of Shara) The base weapon power of all Relics has been reduced by 15%, prior to any other modifiers, multipliers, flat enhancements etc. Since Relics are already pretty strong, this seems reasonable.
- (Legend of Shara) Default armor, shield, quiver, and magic mod values have also been reduced slightly for Relics.
- (Legend of Shara) The “Precise Finish” skill now grants +35% JP, gold, and XP (up from +20%) when landing a finishing blow with the skill
- You should no longer riposte while under the effects of Paladin’s Sanctuary
- “Heavy” magic mod should now correctly show the CT penalty when hovering over the item
- Fairy’s Choker (20% chance to reduce random cooldown by 1 turn when attacked) should work again
- Fixed issue with certain directional-based status effects causing game errors occasionally
- Savage World / New Game+ selection should work reliably now on main branch (was only working properly on beta, most of the time)
- Gambler’s “Wild Cards” ability should now properly test Aces valued as both “1” and max value for the purposes of Straights etc.
- Bred monsters should now have the correct Family in all cases
- Visual fix for bug w/ ending scenes/credits where gameplay leaked through
- Attempted fix for bug where portals were not always created when leaving an Item Dream
- Fixed bug with Talrose the Painter sometimes telling you to go to the wrong place
- When interacting with the food cart, you should no longer see “Sale Value: 0g”
- Fixed some garbage text in the log related to the food cart
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed game error that occurred with the “Shard” relic affix (negate magical damage, gain spirit buff)
- (Legend of Shara) Attempted fix for Obsidian Band affix on relics that was causing problems when stacked (it should not stack)
- (Legend of Shara) Attempted fix for rare bug related to Shara’s Dominate power
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bug where Relics could be permanently lost if eaten by a Mimic, then saving+quitting
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bug where items with the “Does not interfere with offhand fighting” mod were not working on Relics correctly
- You can now duel (roughhouse) with your corral pet, in Riverstone Grove. Just use the appropriate pet command. When dueling, you cannot actually defeat your pet (or vice versa). After the duel, you both will be cleared of all temporary negative statuses, and restored to pre-duel Health.
- Considerable work on DLC2!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Up to 12 buffs/debuffs can now be displayed (up from 8/8)
Build 1.26a (04 July 2019)
- Fixed bug where HuSyn’s tier 3 emblem was not working correctly (Runic Crystal was not picking up powerups as intended)
- It’s now possible to close the Steam Leaderboards via controller
- Daggers now actually give +35 CT on crit as intended (down from +50; this change was made a few patches ago, but was not implemented correctly)
- Ice shards from Ice Tortoise should no longer be consumed when passing through friendly creatures
- (Legend of Shara) Relics that grant the ‘Deep Lake Gem’ effect of ignoring Deadly Void damage should now work properly
- New armor magic mod: Gourmand’s (upgraded version of Gluttony - increases food healing)
- New melee weapon magic mod: Immobilizing (% chance to root with basic attacks)
- New shield magic mod: Spiked (blocking attacks deals 33% of Weapon dmg back to attacker)
- New shield magic mod: Balance (not blocking an attack raises block chance by 20% until your next block)
- New 2h melee weapon mods: Weighted and Robust. Uses 15/20 CT per attack, but increases attack damage by 20/30%.
- New 2h melee weapon mod: Fury. Gain 35 CT upon defeating a non-trivial enemy.
- New 2h melee weapon mod: Sundering. Weapon attacks reduce target’s def/dmg by 5%, stacks up to 4x.
- New 2h melee weapon mod: Whirlwind. Using Physical skills also attacks nearby enemies for 20% weapon dmg
- New bow/staff weapon mod: Point-Blank. Attacks to enemies in melee range deal +25% damage.
- New armor magic mod: Determination. Reduces damage from summoned creatures by 50%
- New weapon magic mod: Anti-Summon. Increases damage against summoned creatures by 25%.
- New equipment magic mod (any slot): Loyalty. Corral pet restores 10% of its max Health when you defeat a non-trivial monster.
- Eight new legendary items, including a new Wild Child-oriented gear set!
Build 1.25j (04 July 2019)
- (Legend of Shara) The min & max rank of scaled relics found in Wanderer’s Journeys now varies based on the difficulty of the Journey. Easier journeys like Goldfrog’s Grand Grotto will have somewhat lower average & max relic quality than much harder ones like Temple of Elements and Tower of Ordeals.
- Fixed Chinese language selection at title screen.
- Fixed display bug with reserved Energy and dismissing Floraconda
- Fixed bug with pet trainer’s forget skill function not subtracting JP properly
- Fixed bug in evaluating game completion state for purposes of NG+ / Savage World
- Updated Japanese localization with Savage World content
Build 1.25i (04 July 2019)
- Corral pet max health has now been capped at 4000 for the regular game, 6000 for NG+, and 8000 for Savage World. The reason for this change is because, due to a bug fix also in this patch, corral pets can learn and pass on a wider range of passive traits than they could before.
- NG+ minimum monster health slightly increased
- Savage World monster health increased
- Passive monster abilities on pets/corral monsters should no longer disappear on save/load. This means passive monster skills should now be able to be passed down to children.
- Talking to NPCs should no longer trigger end-of-turn effects like gaining CT or ticking statuses (could be particularly exploitable in Wanderer’s Journeys)
- Fixed a couple item comparison bugs; comparisons should be more accurate now particularly for armor with Dodge
- Fixed bug where certain status effects granted by equipment (such as Antipode Blade’s fire/ice attack) sometimes got ‘stuck’ and were not removed
- You should now be able to enter an item in the Dreamcaster if it does not have max upgrades (+++) but does have max magic mods. You just won’t be able to get more mods on it.
- Chance of passing day in the Dreamcaster should be accurate even if you clear a Nightmare Prince
- Fixed bug where Skill Orb version of Escape Artist had the unintentional limiting property of ‘adjacent wall only’
- You should now be able to search for rarity “RARE” (threw an error before)
- Fixed bug with Overdraw magic mod not working correctly on quivers, also fixed it not working properly when auto-switching weapons
- Edge Thane’s innate “Survival” bonus should no longer persist if you change jobs
- The buff from Vanishing Ink should no longer persist if you unequip the ability
- Damage from Radiant Starhelm’s “Smite” effect should now show up correctly in the log (as “Divine Fury”)
- Fixed game error when capturing very high level monsters and trying to add them to your corral
- The new searchbar tutorial should no longer pop up more than once
- After upgrading your Monster Mallet, the correct Health threshold should be displayed when using the ability (20% instead of 15%)
- Attempted fix for rare bug with cooking UI
- Attempted fix for some weird edge cases with Blinking monster power
- Fixed bug with searchbar tutorial popping up after using a Job Change scroll
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed animation time on Energy Shield effect
- (Legend of Shara) Runes of Knowledge now actually cost JP as intended, instead of giving you JP
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bug with stairs disappearing sometimes in Shara mode
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed map generation bug in Realm of the Gods where objects could be on inaccessible tiles
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed display error when getting multiple relics in a single Wanderer’s Journey, sometimes showing incorrect item info
- (Legend of Shara) Subtle Bonk should work correctly now
- (Legend of Shara) Another bug fix related to relics disappearing in Wanderer’s Journeys
- SPANISH language support is now available!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Sped up the animation on Divine Fury again
- Abilities taught by Cat’ie, such as Fast Healing and Taunt, should no longer get written in Monster Letters (this was just a time-waster!)
- “Teleportation Scroll” is now “Scroll of Teleportation”, and “Job Change Scroll” is now “Scroll of Job Change”.
Build 1.25c (06 May 2019)
- The ultimate challenge for those who have defeated even New Game+! As with NG+, this restarts the game world while keeping all of your progress. The entire game will be much harder in a variety of ways, in exchange for even greater treasure-finding prospects and the ability to upgrade equipment to ++++ in the Dreamcaster. If you can defeat this mode, you’ll have supreme bragging rights! Here is a list of key changes in Savage World:
- Bonus CT gain from all sources reduced by 33%
- Using any item from your inventory, unless it grants CT, now reduces your CT to 0
- Parrying now blocks 66% of damage (instead of 100%)
- Base powerup drop rate reduced to 25% of normal game; healing reduced 50%
- Monsters recover from non-damaging statuses twice as quickly
- Monsters gain additional stats, damage, defense, and aggro range
- Certain easily-dodged monster abilities like Panthox’s Claw Rake and Electric Jelly’s Lightning Circle now have more challenging targeting patterns
- Monster skill cooldowns reduced by 25%
- Monster density and respawn rate increased
- Boss fights now have extra enemies
- Items can be upgraded a 4th time in the Dreamcaster (++++)
- Loot quality improved throughout the game
- Items can now spawn with up to +++ already added
- Double legendary and Orb of Reverie drop rate compared to NG+
- You can learn an additional ultimate Weapon Mastery
- Non-summoned player-faction monsters should no longer combine with each other (could lead to wacky scaling)
- Godspeed Strike no longer gives you a free turn automatically, instead granting +25 CT on use.
- Daggers now grant +35 CT on crit (down from 50). They are just a little too strong in giving the player multiple turns.
- In New Game+ (and beyond), the hidden dream boss encounter is now much harder
- In New Game+ (and beyond), loot rank has been nudged up.
- In New Game+ (and beyond), champions now have a chance to drop Rose Petals in addition to their other loot
- In New Game+ (and beyond), shops now carry more stuff
- (Legend of Shara) The “Armor Training” relic mod should no longer show up on armor (as it could potentially show up on medium/light armor, where it did nothing).
- Job change scroll should no longer use stairs if you use it on top of stairs
- Fixed Godspeed Strike display bug
- (Legend of Shara) Hotfix for Wanderer’s Journey related bug introduced in 1.25b
- Fixed issues with hero starting in the wrong position on certain maps (like the 2nd boss fight)
- Sword Dancer’s gold emblem (allowing for skill parrying) should now work as intended, giving you 33% of your normal Parry chance (instead of the unintended 100% of your normal Parry)
- Also fixed bug where abilities used on ANY character had a 3x multiplier on parry chance…
- Fixed wonkiness allowing you to sometimes learn multiple armor masteries (quest flag was being reset)
- Fixed bug with Ice Daggers sometimes not dealing triggering its effect correctly
- It should no longer ever be possible to Fast Travel from within an Item Dream (caused some further bad behavior)
- Hopefully fixed bug where the black fade behind the end cutscene and credits sometimes didn’t work
- Fixed some bad save file issues
- (Legend of Shara) ‘Factory Free-for-All’ should now properly give you 10 Camouflage Perfumes at the start
- (Legend of Shara) Attempted fixes for Mirai campaign data leaking into Shara data somehow
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed hang in post-final boss cutscene
- (Legend of Shara) Calligrapher ground buffs (shadow, lightning, water) should now spawn on monsters, as intended
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed possible bug in Shara’s second boss fight
- A new challenge has been added: “Savage World”, unlocked after completing New Game+!
- (Legend of Shara) After completing Shara’s story in any save slot, Mirai will now be able to do a Shara cosplay.
- Save file size optimizations, particularly for Legend of Shara players with many relics
- Game now saves an additional layer of backup history to help with future file corruption issues
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Doubled the size of the combat log in the Journal
- There are now 15 save slots available
- New features for the searchbar! See below:
- Searching ‘trash’ will allow you to view only items marked as trash
- You can now add “or” to your searches, for example ‘sword or axe’, to get items that match at least one of those terms. You can even use multiple OR terms, for example: ‘relic or legendary or trash’
- You can now search by rank by typing: rank:x, where x is the desired rank. Typing rankbelow:x will search for anything below that rank, while rankabove:x will search for that rank and higher.
- The same works for rarity, for example: rarity:common, raritybelow:ancient, etc.
- Negative searches can now be performed with !, for example !quiver would return anything not a quiver
- Also, searches for ‘quiver’, ‘shield’, and ‘book’ should now work properly to search for those offhand types
- There is now a tutorial that pops up the first time you use the searchbar (after you close the UI you were using, of course) explaining these features
Build 1.24L (17 April 2019)
- Fixed bug with Job Trial map generation that would take your JP but not create the trial
- Fixed bug with feeding max-happiness monsters anything at all
- Fixed major bug with exiting Item Dreams sometimes screwing up the AI state
- Sword Dancer’s Flame Serpent riposte should no longer destroy your existing Flame Serpent
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed rare bug in Item Dreams that could softlock the game in certain memory worlds
- (Legend of Shara) Runes of Knowledge should actually cost JP now
- (Legend of Shara) Calligrapher map buffs (orbs etc) should no longer be destroyed by monsters on step. Also, Calligrapher Forbiddance runes should no longer be destroyed by the player on step.
- … Should be working on Linux now!
- Various small UI-related optimizations
QUALITY OF LIFE
- In the monster feeding UI, a monster’s favorite / hated foods are now marked in green/red with extra text too. You still have to experiment to discover them at least once, though.
- When feeding a monster, the cursor will automatically be placed at the last food you fed that monster when the window opens back up
- Clarified “Shadow Stalk” skill orb effect. The intended description and effect is that Shadow Stalk now requires a turn to use, but the spawned clones gain a ranged attack.
Build 1.24h (09 April 2019)
- (Legend of Shara) Adjusted spawn rate of fountains in Shara’s story. You will generally not find as many now (late in the dungeon won’t be affected)
- (Legend of Shara) Flow Shield and Void Shield now grant a shield equal to 40% and 30% of your max health, respectively (down from 50% / 40%)
- (Legend of Shara) When at full health, the overflow from Fountain healing in Shara’s story is no longer a full 20% of max health, but is now ~16% of max health. Thus, fountains are slightly more beneficial if you are injured, as opposed to when your shield is already maxed out.
- (Legend of Shara) Increased loot drop + magic item chance for all monsters
- (Legend of Shara) Dominated creatures (final Shara upgrade) now lose health at half the original rate (it is now one tick per 6 turns, instead of one tick per 3 turns)
- (Legend of Shara) Adjusted “Inkstorm” skill orb which was partially bugged anyway. Damage is now increased from 150% to 175% of Weapon Power at the cost of 1 range.
- Fixed miscsettings ‘globalunlocks’ feature for real
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed another game load bug related to Riverstone Waterway
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bugs with Vanishing Ink. Now it should work (and display) as intended: if you are at 25% health or below, you gain +50% dodge.
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed Retort visual bug
- (Legend of Shara) Another fix for weird Shara/Mirai campaign switch game data
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bug with Glide / Combat Biography interaction (and various other abilities + Combat Biography)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When you are Paralyzed and try to attack, you will now hear an obvious ‘error’ sound. Furthermore, the monster who has caused the paralysis (if any) will ‘jab’ toward you to show you the source of the paralysis (i.e. crab grab)
(Legend of Shara) Floor difficulty indicators have been adjusted and should be a bit more accurate (visual-only change). Things were listed as being harder than they actually were, previously.
These options are modified in the “miscsettings.txt” file, in your save game directory.
It is now possible to directly modify game balance from miscsettings.txt without making a Player Mod file. This is a more straightforward way of adjusting under-the-hood gameplay variables without going through the workshop. Keep in mind some of these options will not be (fully) effective without starting a new save file.
All of these new tweaks are multipliers with a base value of “1.0”. For example, if you wanted to cut XP gain in half, you would write:
- This will multiply all XP gain by 0.5, cutting it in half. Also note that all of these tweaks multiply with any existing active player mods, so if there is a mod that doubles XP gain and you add 0.5 to your miscsettings file, the result will be 1.0 (no change.)
- monster_spawn_rate: the rate that wandering monsters spawn (higher = faster respawns)
- xp_gain: amount of XP gained
- jp_gain: amount of JP gained
- gold_gain: amount of gold gained
- loot_rate: drop rate of loot from all sources (note: loot is pre-determined on world creation / spawn, so this won’t affect most areas in an existing save file)
- magic_item_chance: chance of equipment receiving at least one magic mod (same as above)
- hero_dmg: ll damage dealt by you, the hero
- pet_dmg: ll damage dealt by your pets
- enemy_dmg: ll damage dealt by enemies to you
- pet_xp: experience gained by your corral pet
- powerup_rate: drop rate of powerup globes
- powerup_healing: % resource healing from powerups
- orb_drop_rate: drop chance of Orbs of Reverie / Lucid Orbs / Skill Orbs
- monster_density: overall density of monsters (this only works for newly-created maps/files)
Build 1.23e (19 February 2019)
- If you don’t defeat any Goldfrogs in an Item Dream, the results screen should now say 0 instead of -1
- Fixed mouse hover jank related to the new minimap quality of life change - the mouse hover state was not being properly released sometimes
Build 1.23c (19 February 2019)
- Adjusted how the “Banish” champion ability works. It now reduces the summon duration of all nearby temporary player summons by 50% of max. ‘Permanent’ summons like Floraconda will take 50% of max health in damage.
- Staff-type weapons now give +1 base Spirit Power per level (before multipliers)
- The Staff mastery “Force Blast” now inherits your weapon’s element, and gains an additional +20% damage from Spirit Power (is now 40%/60% of weapon/spirit power, up from 40%/40%)
- XP/JP rewards from chopping down trees have been increased across the board. The cap on these rewards has been raised, and uncommon/rare trees give even more now.
- Fixed bug where elemental auras on champions would not appear if you loaded the game near one
- You should no longer get double money when using a movement ability to land on a pile of coins
- Fixed somewhat broken trigger mechanism for random lightning strikes by champions
- Fixed display bug if you got 0 fountains in a dream (should say 0, not -1)
- Fixed rare game load bugs related to certain blocking objects
- Possibly fixed bug with non-rendering terrain
- Fixed another AI bug related to healing abilities and dismissed or destroyed summons
- Discipline stat should no longer extend the duration of your Escape Portal, causing it to take LONGER to go back to town!
- Fixed longstanding bug with equipment comparisons! If an item had multiple stat mods, it was only calculating as if it had one mod. e.g., A plain Spectacles (+5 Guile/Swiftness) would almost always be better than a magical one (+5 Guile/Swiftness, +2 all stats; only the second mod was counted).
- Summoned monsters like Bonecrabs can no longer be marked for quests
- Finally fixed Hergon’s Frostplate ice shard bizarre movement
- Fixed AI quirk related to corral pets with lots of abilities (some abilities would be ignored at certain angles)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You can now hover over stairs on the minimap to see where they lead!
- In the shop UI, when buying items, hovering over a consumable item will show you how many of that item you already have in your inventory.
- Divine Smite / Holy Bolt animation (i.e. from Radiant Starhelm, Divine Fury) should execute about 250% faster now.
- Daily/Weekly challenges now have reduced or sped-up cutscenes and callouts.
- Lucid Orb Shards now display the full text for the mod they add in the item description.
- When using “Repeat Recipe” in the cooking UI, the cursor will now return to the “Repeat Recipe” button unless you change the recipe.
Build 1.22g (19 February 2019)
- When an ability reserves Energy or Stamina, this is now reflected on the main HUD
- Increased drop chance of quivers, books, and shields in the master equipment loot table
- Certain champion powers like “Boost Morale” and “Regeneration” should no longer be spammed out-of-combat
- Fixed “Day 31” indicator that sometimes appeared briefly on game load
- Fists should no longer be the target of dream king rumors
- Fixed bug with calculation of Medium Armor Mastery dodge bonus (was not giving enough)
- Fixed game error that could occur after using Deafening Dream Drum
- Fixed bug where if a monster died due to one of YOUR turn-end statuses (such as Radiant Starhelm) they would linger on the map at 0 Health for one turn.
- Fix for rare bug in shops that would cause a game error when pressing page up/down with quantity selector open
- Fixed bug with ‘Haunt’ effect when used by non-Wraith creatures
- Fixed rare bug with damage text and exiting Item Dreams
- Fixed bug with monster aggro causing them to be generally less aggressive than intended
- Fixed bugs that could occur if you quickly opened your Inventory and used something before the top animation finished
- Fixed bug with difficulty display of dungeon floors when loading a save
- Fixed powerups not triggering if you used a movement ability to land on one
- It should now be possible for monsters to inherit weapon animations from their parents (this won’t help existing bred generations)
- When switching places with an NPC, you should now pick up any items in the spot where the NPC was residing
- Fixed bug where status immunity wasn’t being checked in some cases
- Fixed faces going outside of dialog boxes sometimes. Whee!
- Dirtbeak in the Bandit Library should no longer be a valid rumor target
- It is now possible to create “GAMEBALANCE” mod files in any mod. This lets you change various multipliers: hero damage, monster damage, XP gain, JP gain, gold gain, loot drop rate, magic item chance, orb drop rate, powerup drop rate, powerup healing, pet XP gain, pet damage, monster density, and monster respawn rate!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Default Cursor Repeat Delay is higher now. Should feel better.
- When holding a direction and opening a dialog or menu, there will now be a pause before the dialog or menu keeps scrolling, until you return the keys/controller to neutral. This helps the cursor feel less ‘slippery’
Build 1.22a (18 January 2019)
- Resistance-piercing effects obtainable by the player now apply to elemental damage dealt with weapons as well as abilities
- Lower rank gear should now appear slightly less often if you are fighting harder monsters / exploring higher level areas
- Effects that involve stealing food items now steal a random item, rather than the latest item
- The Wandering Merchant dialog should no longer appear in boss areas, potentially interfering with cutscenes
- Fixed skybox bleeding through in ultrawide resolutions (which are technically still not supported but this still looks bad)
- Fixed missing job names from emblems
- Attempted fix at FPS uncapping sometimes after patch 1.21a
- Fixed buggy log messages if you have a charmed/pet Wraith
- Gambler’s “Flush” hand and higher should no longer affect friendly creatures
- Fixed deep engine bug that incorrectly evaluated status effects if your list of statuses changed while being evaluated. For example, if Sneak Attack triggered and was consumed, other on-hit effects were not triggering properly on that turn.
- Various attempted fixes at rare bug where the menu screen could be open, but your character info could disappear
- Fixed some bugs with the JP “!” indicator showing inconsistently
- Added extra error checking for stuck damage multiplier or mitigation effects (happened rarely on the hero)
- Fixed bug with Item Dream portals not appearing.
- Fixed erroneous rarity coloring for certain items with 1 magic mod or more (i.e. Spectacles with 1 mod showed up as Magical, when it should have been Uncommon)
- Fixed rare bug that could occur with effects that randomly summon more than one actor at a time
- You should no longer disable your own Bear Traps by stepping on them
- Certain rolls were not being subject to your World (random) Seed. Now they are!
- Bottles and Brews should now be excluded from combat rumors, which were causing problems there
- Fixed major bug where, if certain map object effects triggered simultaneously, all player status effects could tick multiple times (along with a bunch of other issues!!)
- Fixed bug where, in pet breeding, inaccurate parent health was sometimes used (e.g. if a parent leveled up after its original capture)
- Fixed bug with ability targeting that prevented you from using abilities like Hail of Arrows on tiles occupied by objects like ice blocks
- Fixed bug where, if you used an item with quantity of more than 1, the sprite would not pop up
- Attempted fix for bug with targeting lines emanating from monsters out of view
- Fixed bug that rendered the Sword Dancer tier 3 emblem power of parrying abilities 100% useless!
- Four new optional Game Modifiers available! Remember, these can be accessed in the Feat Selection menu at character creation. They are as follows:
- Free Job Changes (job changes cost nothing at Percy)
- No Job Changes (you cannot change jobs anywhere)
- Fewer Powerups (BASE powerup drop chance is lower)
- Goldfrogs Anywhere (chance to find a Goldfrog anywhere on the main path)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Sped up animations that appear at the top of the menu screen on first open. This will also hopefully help solve a bug where this ‘block’ could disappear without the menu closing.
- When friendly monsters are defeated, you should now see (and hear) their red fadeout effect
- Ice blocks summoned by Ice Missile now use smaller sprites that are colored like player’s Materialized Ice (etc) to differentiate from enemy blocks.
- The bandit NPC in the Bandit Enclave now has a “swap position” option
- Adjusted opacity of tornado effect to make things a bit easier to see
Build 1.21a (18 January 2019)
- Another fix to pet happiness threshold calculation (thanks Zhentar)
- NPCs should now be shown on minimap
- Fixed bug with “Restart Same Character” option causing game hang
- Improved loading speeds further (thanks Zhentar)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Merchants and fungal columns now have unique minimap icons
Build 1.21 (18 January 2019)
- Monsters should no longer have Butler Bells on their loved / hated food table
- “Elemental King” rumors should now have a slightly larger pool of items to choose from
- Adjusted how JP spent improves pet breeding stats. Previously, you had to spend about ~93% of the max possible value of JP to get any bonus at all. Now the bonus will scale linearly with JP spent.
- “Aura of Growth” effect now significantly prioritizes tiles within view
- Slightly toned down the stat scaling of monsters in Job Trials.
- Damage is now properly capped at 9999 per hit
- Fixed missing campfires :(
- Fixed occasional error when restarting game
- Fixed display bug related to name/rarity of equipment upgraded in Dreamcaster (occurred if the gear auto-equipped upon picking it up again)
- Fixed minor display bug when quickly cycling hotbar weapons (one frame of another weapon was being shown)
- Removed certain debug key macros that were not intended to be in non-editor mode
- Fixed Wild Child tier 1 emblem adding +50% crit instead of +5% crit chance against Champions
- Attempted fix for rare bug when creating Item Dreams that ate your gold yet produced no dream
- Fixed bug that caused old/bad summon data to sometimes be saved and loaded
- Attempted fix for rare bug where multiple dialogues could be open at the monster rancher. This bug may have caused other issues with other dialogues as well (typically happened when exiting back to title and continuing a save again.)
- For rumors involving “Wild Untamed” monsters, this prefix is now shown in the initial rumor dialogue
- Fixed bug with monster food/happiness thresholds occasionally causing errors or returning incorrect values
- Fixed bug where, in pet breeding, only the 1st parent’s rarity was used to determining JP growth scaling costs
- Fixed bug that occasionally caused tier 1 job trials to not be winnable
- Fixed “Examine Mode” or mouseover hover text sometimes being cut off
- Using items while stunned will no longer consume the item
- “Dream” items assigned to hotbar will now disappear when you exit the dream
- Fixed bugs with More Earlygame Monsters and Shopping Madness not working correctly on the latest game version
- Removed AssetBundle functionality originally designed for Switch (which now has its own codebase) - loading should be much faster now
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The extended combat log in your journal is now substantially longer
- The banker now displays used / max slots in the header
- The “extra turn” popup and log text will no longer appear if you haven’t been in combat for awhile (10+ turns)
- When entering a Job Trial, you should now be healed to full even if you’re a Floramancer and had an Energy-reserving effect (i.e. Floraconda)
- Fixed “Conjuration” magic mod description (numbers were switched)
- Fixed bandit love quest text (lady bandit’s end dialogue)
- Filled in missing name of Shadow Elemental’s vanishing passive (it’s “Vanishing”)
- Clarified a few abilities that used the word “Instantly” but still took a turn to use.
Build 1.20b (18 January 2019)
- Fixed bad stair connections in the 2nd boss fight room
- Fixed Shara-related log message (shhh!)
- “Aura” effects underneath monsters and the player should now draw above ground effects but below the actor’s sprite where possible. Looks better!
- Fixed bug that was multiplying your gold gains if you had any extra gold find on gear
- Fixed bug with saving/loading in Item Dreams (sometimes)
Build 1.20 (18 January 2019)
- Passive abilities can no longer be swapped in non-safe areas.
- Monsters summoned via eggs can no longer be commanded like regular pets, nor do they show up in your pet list. This means they also no longer follow you between floors.
- Fixed minor errors that occurred when returning to menu from main game scene
- Fixed bug where using Reveberate Monster during boss battles could allow you to trigger cutscenes before defeating the boss.
- Fixed Gambler’s “Lady Luck” buff disappearing sometimes
- Fixed occasional game errors related to shops and restarting the game
- Illusions should no longer drop items - ever
- Fixed various bugs with Wraith’s “Haunt” ability when used by pets or charmed enemies
- Fixed bug where you could not use your Escape Portal during Job Trials (this should be possible, it just cancels the trial)
- Fixed bug where Shield Slam would always give you improved block, even if you had no Wrath charges.
- Cat’ie the pet trainer can now help your pets forget skills (in exchange for JP, of course!)
- Fixed bug with job sprite replacements which would incorrectly use “Idle” sprites for “Walk” sprites
- Fixed bug where custom item graphics were not showing up properly on the hotbar
QUALITY OF LIFE
- During Daily/Weekly challenges, various cutscenes, callouts, and tutorial popups have been disabled. We will continue to work on this to streamline these timed challenges even more.
- Friendly creatures that use summon flame attacks will now summon blue flames to indicate they will not hurt you, as opposed to red flames that hostile enemies use.
- You can now use the search term “dream” in your inventory to display Dream-only items
- Added CT gain info in item description for Brew of Rapidity
- Added damage/status info in item description for Dread Darts
- Added exact numbers for the Mega Flavor Enhancer
Build 1.19o (05 December 2018)
- “Notorious” feat timer/cooldown increased
- “Notorious” feat now actually spawns champions, not just regular monsters
- Further adjusted pet healing behavior
- Possibly fixed bug with Item Dreams failing to spawn sometimes
- Added error correction for save files made during 11/26’s mistake patch :(
- Shadow Vulnerable should now be prevented by Emerald Plate, as intended
- Updated to Unity 2018.2 (from 5.6)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Reduced animation timing of Radiant Starhelm’s smite
Build 1.19n (05 December 2018)
- Adjusted monster AI. Now, monsters with buff or healing abilities will ONLY use those abilities if they are already within range of something that needs healing. They will not waste turns trying to move to a healable target, instead choosing to spend that turn taking a more aggressive action.
- Champion monsters should no longer appear within 5 tiles of stairs the first time you arrive in a level
- Wandering monsters should now generally spawn a bit farther from the player
- Fixed missing / wrong bush texture bug on Volcano and Future-themed levels
- Fountains now spawn again
- Added safety code to prevent rare broken saves in Item Dreams
Build 1.19l (21 November 2018)
- Summon Floraconda now reserves 30 Energy (down from 40)
- Summoned player pets now have slightly better health & damage scaling with level. +10% health per level (up from +8.5%) and +1% overall damage per level (up from 0%)
- Fixed occasional map generator bug creating some extremely cramped maps
- Fixed more bugs with pet behavior when using healing abilities
- Fixed some friendly ground effects disappearing when your or your pet(s) stepped on them
- Starting a daily/weekly challenge should now clear your bank, as intended
- Fixed soft lock that could occur at Jesse (monster corral)
- Fixed several enormous memory leaks that could be caused by going back to title screen repeatedly
Build 1.19i (21 November 2018)
- Fixed text/dialogue bug when picking up multiple stacked legendaries for the first time
- Fixed daily/weekly challenges not selectable
- Fixed occasional error with certain daily/weekly feat combinations
- Really actually fixed bug with certain Spellshaper summons disappearing on open/close inventory
- Player pets should not use healing abilities on targets with >= 80% health
- “Fortify” can no longer be toggled and removed from hotbar to remain active
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Magic mods that are unique (do not stack, even across multiple items with the same mod) are now tagged as (Unique). If this makes the mod description too long, this is abbreviated to (U)
- Cleaned up and tightened some magic mod descriptions
Build 1.19h (21 November 2018)
- Fixed various bugs with monster romance / rose petal quest
- Fixed bug with starting NG+ and character data deletion on New Game option
- Fixed rare error that occurs sometimes when traveling maps
- Fixed bugs with Mechanist talisman summons disappearing, and Soulshades summoned by Soulkeeper’s Gold emblem
- Fixed bug where combinable monsters like Jellies would combine with quest (rumor) monsters, causing you to fail the rumor
- Fixed various errors in the German translation
Build 1.19g (21 November 2018)
- Fixed rare errors related to pet pathing being wonky after reading bad save data
- Fixed errors related to bad stored data related to various effects
- Fixed rare bug that occurred when dying & restarting as same character several times in a row
- Attempted fix at rare dagger mastery 3 game error
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Smoothed loading bar a bit more
Build 1.19f (21 November 2018)
- Pets should no longer use healing abilities like Medi-Ray II while at max health. They will instead wait for their target(s) to have some % of health missing first.
- Fixed bug where side areas not intended to give clear bonuses were giving bonuses on game load
- Fixed bug where pets were causing Powerups to disappear by touching them
- You can no longer use the Monster Mallet to knock out summoned creatures
- Fixed potential game lock bug with Inferno Spirits
- Fixed item sprite rotations sometimes rendering wrong
- Fixed game error related to certain ‘attack empower’ effects such as one of the Dagger Masteries
Build 1.19d (05 October 2018)
- Adjusted the NG+ resist penalty. Now applies a flat -25% to “All Defense”, which does not interfere with your Resist calculations. Previously, the resist math was getting messed up by this new penalty.
- Kalzarius’ armor can now ignore damage from Deadly Void
- Champion “Vampiric Touch” melee attack now deals about 25% less damage (sorry for the oneshots)
- Max cost to change jobs has been capped at 99,999 gold.
- Fixed bug with Thundering Lion charges and Skill Orb’d Radiant Aura disappearing when opening/closing menus (among other abilities)
- Fixed bug where Hunter’s Spirit Wolf would not disappear upon switching jobs, sometimes
- Added Phoenix Fang to certain spawn tables where it was missing
- Fixed handful of missing strings in Simplified Chinese
Build 1.19c (05 October 2018)
- In New Game+, your resistances now start at a flat -25% offset before any bonuses are calculated. This does not affect monsters.
- Arrowstorm (Ultimate bow mastery) is now triggered by Jumping Shot and Ice Missile
- Fixed game error that could occur with “reactive regen” effects
- Fixed bug where certain Spellshape: Materialize effects would vanish after opening a menu
- Fixed summoned objects created by items disappearing when opening a menu
- Added extra error checking for certain types of bad save data related to status effects
- Fixed rare game error with monster behavior
- Fixed rare bug that could set healing effects to 0 if you had heal-altering gear or statuses
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When you dodge a skill with Medium Armor, you should now see a log message, and “MISS!” should appear over the attacker’s head.
Build 1.18o (13 September 2018)
- “Fencer’s” and “Duelist’s” magic mods reduced from +5% / +9% parry to +4% / +7% parry.
- Slightly reduced the base power of 2H Swords
- Reduced the Parry bonus on various legendary/set weapons
- Fixed game errors that could occur with invalid paired equipment (particularly on game load or NG+ restart)
- Fixed various temporary buffs/status effects disappearing when opening + closing character/skill sheet
- Fixed missing text in the item pickup box hover
- Fixed combat log sitting out of place on non-16:9 resolutions (these generally aren’t supported, but this was an easy fix)
- Fixed bug where Runic Crystal buff would linger after the crystal died or was removed from hotbar
- Fixed bug where actors removed when changing your hotbar were sometimes not removed from your ‘party’
- Fixed bug that could occur during ability targeting on initial game load
- Fixed some camera jank
- German text and UI improvements
Build 1.18n (11 September 2018)
- When using the “Frenzy” Claw Mastery, switching weapons will break the effect and Unseal you. You will be prompted while switching weapons to confirm you want to do this.
- Adjusted the frequency of getting rooted in mud
- Fixed rare game error that could occur if a monster somehow aggroed itself
- Fixed bug where getting a new stack of certain statuses would not refresh the duration of the entire stack as intended.
- Fixed bug that allowed you to accumulate infinite stacks of Thundering Lion with the Wild Horse skill orb.
- Really fixed inaccessible areas in some Item Dream layouts
- Fixed bug where trying to enter some items at the Dreamcaster would not work
- Full German support has now been added!
- Chinese now has support for a vector-based font in addition to the pixel font!
- Load time optimizations
- Minor optimizations when you’ve learned a large number of abilities
Build 1.18j (27 August 2018)
- Changed sprite for legendary items “Deep Lake’s Gem” and “The Shard”
- The minimum cost to heal at Percy now scales with level (100g at level 5, 200g at level 8, 300g at level 12, 400g at level 15).
- Champions that summon tornados now have a reduced chance to spawn tornados near the player when outside of LOS
- Fixed hanging dialog cursor that happened sometimes when switching jobs at Percy
- Fixed bug where Spellshaped Auras, Sneak Attack would disappear sometimes from you
- Fixed bug with multi-target abilities like Godspeed Strike and Escape Artist not working correctly
- Fixed bug with certain dialogs not responding to ‘Confirm’ input
- Fixed bug with dual wielding accuracy calculation
- Attempted fix at map generation bug with certain Item Dream layouts
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The tutorial popup for when you try to switch skills - but can’t - now force closes the skill UI so you’re not confused as to why it’s not working. Also, an error sound now plays.
Build 1.18g (27 August 2018)
HOTBAR BALANCE CHANGE
- Previously, we had a Game Modifier that limited your character to using only skills assigned to your hotbars. You also could not switch skills outside of town or a safe area. Now, we are making this mode the default setting.
- In other words, you can actively use up to 16 skills at a time, but you can no longer use skills directly from the Skills page, and you can no longer switch skills in a combat area.
- We think this change will make your choice of what skills to learn and use more meaningful, encouraging you to try different ‘skill builds’. Also, it will give very end-game and NG+ characters a bit more of a challenge, as you will no longer be able to access dozens of toggles, buffs, and movement abilities at all times.
- p.s. If you prefer the old way, you can select the appropriate Game Modifier when creating a new character!
- P.p.s. We’re also considering expanding the hotbars with an extra 1 slot each, based on the feedback to this change.
- With the above balance change, we’ve changed the way Spellshape and Spellshift abilities work. Now, as a Spellshaper, learning any of these abilities gives you just a single active ability called “Spellshapes”. Using this ability will pop up a menu of all available Shapes/Shifts, and you can toggle them on/off at will.
- You will still learn abilities like Spellshape: Line and Spellshift: Penetrate like before, but these will be treated as ‘free’ Support abilities that don’t take any slots. You need only use the new “Spellshapes” active ability to switch between them!
- Soulkeeper’s Gold emblem that summons Soulshades on crit now has a 5 turn internal cooldown (up from 3)
- Fixed bug where a number of “reaction” type abilities were not evaluating their trigger conditions correctly and thus triggering too often. For example, Detect Weakness was triggering and being consumed even when attacking at unmarked angles.
- Fixed bug where Thundering Lion charges were consumed with some attacks (such as Spears at range 2) without triggering the lightning strike effect. Now, the charges should ONLY be consumed if the effect triggers.
- Fixed bug where monsters with “Stalking” behavior could engage in this behavior regardless of player Stealth and aggro-reduction effects
- It should now be possible to Fast Travel from town if you don’t have any kind of portal open.
- Fixed bug where bosses and their “adds” were not nearly as aggressive as intended
- Fixed bug where boss “adds” such as the bandits in the first boss fight were giving too much JP
- Final boss phase 2 is now immovable, which should prevent some softlocking bugs that were possible.
- Fixed some logic bugs with 2nd job trial floor, e.g. monsters giving XP/JP when they shouldn’t
- Fixed visual oddities with Craggan’s summoned mud drawing on top of certain objects and actors
- Fixed extra staircase spawning after the final boss is defeated.
- Fixed bug where unknown characters in your character / pet names would mess up various displays such as the combat log. These characters are now replaced with question marks. (This is true for all game languages.)
- Fixed bug where Percy’s Blessing of Protection was not lasting long enough.
- You can no longer assign passive abilities to your hotbar by pressing 1-8 on the Purchase Abilities page
- Fixed bug in Equipment and Inventory UIs where sometimes interacting with an item would do nothing
- New champion mods: Heavy and Massive! These champions cannot be pushed or pulled, and cause damage with each step they take. (Massive monsters cause even more.)
- New champion mod (higher level): Resist-Piercing! These champions pierce 50% of your resistances with their attacks, so watch out!
- Three new monsters with new powers and abilities: the Marbled Banebite, Maniox, and Inferno Spirit!
- Magic Books can now get mods that increase single-elemental damage by 18% (lower rank items) or 30% (higher rank), thus making 10 new magic mods total! You can stack multiple elements (such as a boost to Fire and a boost to Water), but the lower and higher-rank versions of the same element mods are not compatible.
- Added a new possible map layout type to Item Dreams
- Beta support for Chinese and German!
- (JP) Various adjustments to font rendering and sizing for the pixel font. It should look best at 720p/1080p on almost all UIs.
- (JP) You can now select a “smooth” Vector style look. Just click the smooth, non-pixelized Japanese flag on the title screen and restart the game.
- Minor optimization to monster pathfinding / movement.
- Various other minor optimizations
- Circlet of Persuasion is now “Charm Circlet”
- Fixed slightly awkward game log message when a monster heals you (“Monster heals yourself for…”)
Build 1.17m (27 August 2018)
- Notification for new day stays on screen a bit longer
- New audio notification when a new day happens
- Hunter’s “Spirit Wolf” ability cooldown lowered to 10 turns (down from 30)
- Rumors that generate monsters (such as Boss Gangs) should now de-prioritize floors with a lot of monsters already. Floors with above a certain number of monsters will never spawn new ones via rumors.
- Grotto Flyers and certain other creatures should no longer take Lava damage (or other terrain effects) as intended
- Fixed visual bug with the “ancient cube” cutscene in camp that could happen sometimes
- Fixed bug where trees could occasionally spawn in non-collidable ground tiles, creating ghostly trees with no collision!
- Fixed bug with text parsing of the pet command help popup
- Another attempted fix at the “elemental defeat” rumor display bug
- Attempted fix for bugs with large ‘ghostly’ images occasionally appearing
- Fixed display bugs with Show Item Info on Pickup boxes
- Fixed bug where turrets were not being cleared from final side area 1
- Fixed bug where “tame monster” quest was not removed from your journal after completion, until you switched zones
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Using your Flask during a job trial no longer interferes with rumors
- Taking steps in Job Trials no longer counts toward rumors, nor does taking damage or switching gear
- Job Trial Crystals now have a unique icon on the minimap
- Added text that clarifies when Sneak Attack and Autobarrier reactivate.
- Localized new strings into Japanese
Build 1.17k (27 August 2018)
- Juiced up visuals + sound for planting and chopping trees
- Floramancer’s “Bed of Thorns” now lasts 8 turns (down from 12)
- Increased health/damage of the 3rd boss by about 15%
- Increased the frequency of the 4th boss (phase 1) laser attack
- Increased 4th boss phase 2’s non-health stats
- Slightly toned down the damage of the shadow bolt attack used by the 2nd bosses
- Doubled the restorative effect of Song of Spirit (lvl 3)
- Monsters will no longer drop 2 powerups if you do not defeat them in melee range
- Gambler’s “Roll the Bones” healing effect now carries over to your corral pet by whatever your % pet healing is
- Pandora Boxes will now “throw” any loot they might contain so as not to be obscured by the animation
- Monsters are no longer attracted to noise caused by actions not involving the player. This was causing some unusual behavior and pathing.
- Monsters should be more hesitant about walking into lava.
- Reduced the damage of Ember Spirit’s Bed of Flames attack by about 25%
- Reduced the damage of Guardian Lurker’s laser attack by about 15%
- Brigand’s “Detect Weakness” should no longer trigger on mushrooms. Also, the effect is no longer consumed unless you attack the target from the marked direction, and it should happen a bit more frequently.
- The “defeat monster with element” rumor type should no longer mention side areas with a monster that has already been cleared from that area
- When using the “Back to Town” option from a side area where fast travel is not possible, the game should now generate a return portal again - as intended
- Monsters will now be relocated from stairs when entering a new zone, avoiding situations where you could enter a zone on top of a monster
- Fixed bug where “Wild Untamed” monsters would sometimes not lose their quest target icon when being added to the corral
- Fixed visual bugs in Applewood Grove and some other side areas not showing their Trees properly
- Attempted fix for issue with new auto-weapon swap when using certain abilities that could cause problems with paired offhands
- Attempted fix for rare bug with abilities like Dirtbeak’s “Run Through” that could allow monsters to spam the same ability with no cooldown
- Fixed rare bug with Gambler tier1 emblem
- Fixed bug related to saving weapon power/range values and monster stats in certain real-world regions
- Fixed bug related to Energy reserving abilities
- Fixed bug where you could mark your summons as hostile
- Fixed some bugs related to monster evaluation of player stealth. In some cases, stalking monsters would still sometimes “aggro” the player without respecting stealth.
- Phasing/Blinking monster’s “Reactive Warp” ability will now warp to the attacker, not just the player
- Gambler should now be able to draw Wild Cards far more reliably during Job Trials
- Fixed bug where portals could activate immediately after entering a boss room, leading to unintended behavior. Any in-progress portal is now canceled when entering boss/story areas.
- Fixed bug where Highland Charge was not adding the attack buff correctly
- Attempted fix for bug where opening and closing menus extremely quickly could cause the ‘character block’ in the upper left to disappear. There is now a short delay on opening/closing menus.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- It’s now possible to deposit stackable consumables at the bank even if the bank is full, as long as the banker already has at least one of the item you’re trying to deposit.
- The log message for learning an ability from a piece of equipment is now marked as “Verbose” for the combat log
Build 1.17c (05 July 2018)
- Rose Petals will no longer show up as demanded items in the Food Cart
- Fixed bug where the ‘grace period’ for monsters not acting on entering a floor was NOT breaking if you attacked a monster
- Emerald Maul is now 1-handed, as intended
- Attempted fix for bug where if you died while trading blows with a boss, the game could soft lock
- Fixed bug where one-shotting Dirtbeak could softlock the game
- Fixed bug where the +4 Core Stats bonus of the Bronze job emblem was not removed as intended when upgrading your emblem
- Fixed bug where the sprite and flavor text for your emblem was not updating after an upgrade without reloading the game
- Fast Travel back to town should no longer override your town portal (as intended)
- Fixed bug where the “quest monster” status display would sometimes disappear from quest monsters
- Fixed bug where auto-switching weapons to use certain abilities would sometimes not auto re-equip your offhand
- If the “harvest all food” dialog is overridden by other dialogs, it will appear on the next step you take in Riverstone Grove.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Demanded items at the Food Cart are now colored green when adding items TO the cart
Build 1.17b (05 July 2018)
- The “teleport” effect that plays when you use your Escape Portal now syncs to your sprite
- Adjusted the sprite for metal object destruction
- Increased the size/readability of the CT and XP bars and text on the main hud
- Cleaned up the buff/debuff area on the main HUD to be more readable: The green/red overlays are now white, and at a lower alpha. Statuses that don’t tick down each turn no longer have an overlay.
- Adjusted arrow / small energy projectile SFX for a little less ‘pew pew’
- Decreased the base starting Health of Floramancer’s starting Floraconda (75 -> 60).
- Increased the cooldown of Summon Floraconda (and skill orb version) from 6 -> 8 turns
- Summon Floraconda now reserves 40 Energy while your Floraconda is alive. This means your effective max Energy is reduced by 40.
- Reduced base powerup drop chance by 5%
- The Sword Dancer emblem that pierces fire resistance now works on Fire-absorbing enemies, however its effect is more limited against these enemies.
- Food demands at the Food Cart now have a +25% chance to update each day (up from +9%)
- Floramancer can now Vine Swing to any Floraconda
- Budoka’s Qi Strike now deals 180% Weapon Damage (up from 140%)
- Your pets should now be much more willing to go over various terrain tiles that are dangerous to you but not to them
- Fixed rare bug that could occur when more than 32,000 items were generated in a single save file.
- Fixed major bug where all resistances for both player and enemy were being cut in half in damage calculations
- Default escape portal binding is now “P” when using WASD control scheme (instead of “T”, which is bound to monster malleT)
- Splash FX should no longer play when there are planks on Deadly Void
- Fixed bug that was multiplying JP rewards from bosses, elemental kings, and champions
- Fixed bug where Glorious Battler’s +25 CT gain was not implemented
- Fixed visual bugs with Item Dream and bomb auras
- Fixed certain map objects toward the end of the game not displaying transparencies behind them
- Fixed transparencies in the final boss phase 2
- Fixed bugs with staircase destination in final boss phase 2
- Fixed bug with Slime Rat’s “Mold Mind Control” not working
- Attempted fix for bug where you could sometimes be pulled “under” void tiles in some Item Dreams
- Wild, Untamed monster rumors in side areas should now display connecting area(s) where needed
- Fixed bug where moving the mouse while using “Confirm Step Move” style would override the option during mouse movement
- Fixed bug where ability cooldowns would not update when switching or re-assigning skills on your hotbar on the skill screen.
- Ice Missile’s damage in the combat log is now properly listed as Ice Missile and not Ice Evocation
- Attempted fix for bug where Vanishing armor can desync your sprite position temporarily
- Summoned objects should no longer auto-play SFX if they are summoned out of line of sight
- Fixed ‘chunky’ movement, visible mainly at lower zoom levels in Riverstone Grove
- Fixed sprite positioning of the blessed pools from Consecrated Chalice (should no longer obstruct other sprites)
- Fixed some large map objects like the chest in Buried Loot not showing transparencies
- The “NEW!” display text above merchants now respects line-of-sight in the dungeon
- Fixed “Snack Bag” hotkey not showing up on the HUD when hovering, and also the hotkey itself not being called “Snack Bag” (but instead, View Healing Items)
- Fixed bug where ‘wild untamed’ quests would not display their reward popup upon completion
- Fixed bug where “Cancel” keybind could not be used on the Community screen
- Kit of the Schematist’s effects should now be properly reflected on potions’ estimated healing
- You can now Fast Travel from the Branching Meadow / Vista areas
- SFX for ranged attacks on enemies that jump out of LOS during the attack frame should now play
- In Examine mode, you can now hover over a monster that is not currently aggressive to you and press confirm. This will give you the option of marking the enemy as hostile, which will allow your pets to start combat with it, without you needing to take the first attack.
- Alternatively, you can use the new pet command, “Initiate Combat”, available from the pet menu. Note that this cannot be used to change your pet’s targeting priority. It does nothing if you are already in combat. It is strictly used, as the name suggests, to START combat.
- Minor XML optimizations for faster loading
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Equipment screen: Leftmost equipped weapon box now wraps to filter buttons (far right side) when you push left on keyboard/controller. Filter buttons under the top one will now link to item list if you push left. Item list will now link to lower filter buttons when you push right.
- If you have food on your hotbar and you are Full, a cooldown indicator will be shown corresponding to the number of Full turns left
- In the Dreamcaster UI, you can now use the “Compare Alternate” button to display information about the ITEM you’ve selected. Release the button to revert to the normal dream-related info.
- You can now break destructibles with a ranged weapon via keyboard/controller
- There is a new confirmation dialog if you try to use your Flask while you have a rumor with a “no flask” requirement
- When the minimap would normally exceed the bounds of the screen in its “large” size, it will now automatically scale down.
- When planting a seed in the ground, the exact seed (with rarity color) will be listed in the game log
- Active abilities that are toggled, such as Thundering Lion or Echo Bolts, now display in green in your ability list
- When unlocking a new Fast Travel destination, you will now see a popup and a log message announcing the unlock, and reminding you how to Fast Travel.
- Fast Traveling from side areas back to town no longer creates a portal and instead puts you in front of the cave. If you had a portal already, it remains where it is.
- In Job Trials, you’ll now see a count of # monsters remaining in the log (when the number is 5 or fewer), just like in side areas.
- When “Show JP/XP Gain” is enabled, you will now see XP/JP from Pandora’s Boxes above your head
- When using abilities via controller or keyboard, and there are no ‘ideal’ targets in range, the targeting square will start on a square near your character
- Your Weapons hotbar now shows the rarity of each item, just like on the Equipment screen
- Monsters summoned by allied creatures should now show the ‘charm’ hearts above their heads
- The offhand (quiver) version of magic mods like “Frog Slaying” has been renamed to Anti-Monster Arrows, for example Anti-Frog Arrows, Anti-Bandit Arrows, etc.
- Clarified Job Trial info text to explain that the trials scale to your level, so you can try them anytime.
Build 1.16 (05 July 2018)
- Added a bit more fanfare when defeating a boss
- Dream rumors will now only start appearing when you are at least level 5 and have the Dreamcaster unlocked
- Adjusted the costs of some job abilities to help normalize the overall cost of mastering a job. Passives are now generally a bit more expensive and some jobs that had slightly-too-cheap abilities overall are more in line with the average.
- Champion monsters now give +10jp base (scaled down/up depending on relative level)
- Elemental Kings now give +50jp base
- Bosses now give +150jp base
- Fixed text bug in elemental rumor descriptions
- Fixed bug where mouse cursor was still affecting menus even when disabled
- Fixed some odd behavior with the search bar in the Dreamcaster interface (it should now completely clear when going back and forth between item and orb select mode)
- Fixed bug where menu UI could be opened during the pre-boss 3 cutscene
- Fixed some visual ugliness when dialog boxes first open
- Fixed AI bug with certain self-buffing monster abilities that could cause monsters to move around or pass turns instead of doing things
- (Audio) Fixed loop point in the ‘escaped frog’ corral theme
- The Herbalist quest should no longer reset on multiple NG+ playthroughs
- In the Dreamcaster UI, difficulty estimates should be a bit more accurate (some dreams were being estimated as a little too easy.) Also, the dreams themselves should now display the correct adjusted difficulty level.
- Fixed bug where pets using movement abilities outside of combat (such as Fungal Toads’ hop) would reset their “in combat” timer
- Experimental: When trying to use an ability that requires a certain weapon type, you will automatically switch to that weapon if it is on your hotbar. Once the ability executes, you will switch back at the end of the turn (once enemies have acted.)
- You can now issue a command to any pet telling them to not attack at all. This behavior state can be un-toggled at any time from the same pet command menu. Pets in this state will still move around and use support abilities, but will not take any offensive actions.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You should no longer get elemental rumors targeted at cleared side areas with monsters that only live in those side areas
- Reorganized job skill lists so that passives are always at the bottom (except for Budoka’s Vital Point: Pain, which gets a discount)
- When Phasing/Blinking mobs “Reactive Warp” ability triggers, popup and log text now appears indicating this
- If you have Changed Clothes in the wardrobe, your sprite will now change when you switch jobs. Previously it didn’t, which meant you could change jobs and not have any ability to switch to that new job’s sprite (since for Change Clothes to be available for a job, you must first spend JP in it)
- Pushing any direction (arrow keys, joystick) while dialog text is ‘typing’ will now finish the text.
- The Dreamcaster UI now displays ALL available orbs, but marks unusable orbs in red. Unusable orbs were previously hidden from view, which was confusing. Hovering over the orb will show you why the orb is not compatible.
Build 1.15b (05 July 2018)
- Added SFX for completing a side area
- Eased the difficulty of Job Trials in a few ways. Max # of flask and consumable uses has been increased based on trial level. There are now slightly fewer monsters in level 3 trials. Also, monsters no longer receive extra stat and health scaling based on job trial level (previously, they received up to +30% to core stats and health, on top of existing scaling.)
- Slightly scaled up Percy’s healing costs. It is still not nearly as exponential as before, but now the cost of repeated heals will raise slightly more as you go up in level.
- Talrose should no longer send you to places far above your level
- Nando’s brothers (Wando, Armando, Juliando, Rando) now have a better chance of stocking magical gear, and this gear may have more affixes - especially as you get higher in level
- Heated Sandjaws (uncommon monster variant that shows up in a couple areas) can no longer be a rumor target
- Changed the way rarity impacts weapon power. Previously, increasing the number of mods on a weapon would increase its raw power by a %. However, this scaling had numerous issues such as: (1) high-rank weapons gaining far too much power simply due to rarity, (2) power fluctuating based on order of mods added, (3) power fluctuating based on an item being found/bought vs. Dreamcaster upgraded, etc.
- Now, weapons with more mods will still have more power than their base counterparts, but this scaling has been toned down and should be consistent regardless of Dreamcaster upgrades or the order of mods added.
- Really, actually fixed bug with Overdrawing weapons on the hotbar not recognizing their max range on mouse click
- The cooking tutorial popup should no longer overlap other cutscenes or events in Riverstone Camp
- Fixed bug introduced in 1.15 with Edge Thane innate bonuses not working correctly
- The new Item Dream aura popup font now uses regular game font, so it can represent characters like %% properly
- Fixed Spirit Wolf’s “Wolf Lunge” behavior
- Fixed bug with Skill Orb version of Runic Crystal causing random game errors
- Attempted fix for monster transparency layer sometimes rendering at the wrong rotation
- Fixed buggy monster behavior
- The default cursor position during challenge selection now defaults to “New Game” instead of “Weekly Challenge”
- Fixed minor bugs with name input screen
- Fixed bug where the harvest food dialogue could override certain cutscenes in the Corral
- Fixed bug where, if you found a legendary item, rumors offering that item as a reward would disappear. Now, those rumors will simply change their reward.
- Also fixed bug where dream rumors related to legendary items could sometimes disappear
- Fixed battle popup text font inconsistencies
- (JP) UI navigation shortcut text should now be localized / correct font
- Monsterpedia now supports scrolling (necessary if we want to display even MORE monsters!)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Spike traps are removed from the first boss fight upon victory. The map doesn’t visually change, but the spikes no longer deal damage.
- Rumors that ask you to defeat X monsters with an element will now mention that the monsters can be found in multiple locations, but give you a specific location to try (to make life easier)
- (JP) Translated some miscellaneous English-only dialogues and messages from recent patches
Build 1.15 (18 June 2018)
- Allies buffed by moonbeams (from the Moonbow legendary) now show the buff animation
- Improved the cutscene involving the Dreamcaster in town
- Improved the cutscene involving the escaped frog
- Improved the cutscene when picking up the cube from Dirtbeak for the first time
- New music for the escaped frog sequence
- Replaced some placeholder SFX
- Crab Grab now has SFX
- Planting a tree now has SFX
- Selecting items in your inventory / equipment screen now has SFX
- Various Monster Corral actions now have SFX
- Pet insurance cost is now simply player level * 75 gold, rather than monster level.
- Gambler’s Cheat Death passive now works a bit differently. Now, if it triggers from any damage source, you cannot die from any other damage sources that turn. For example: 5 monsters attack you. The 3rd monster’s attack would normally reduce you to 0 Health, but Cheat Death triggers. Previously, the 4th and 5th monsters could still defeat you. Now, they cannot.
- Brigand’s Detect Weakness passive now has a 50% higher chance of marking a monster each turn, and the damage bonus has been raised to +100% (up from +35%)
- Edge Thane’s Glorious Battler passive now also grants 25 CT when defeating a non-worthless enemy with a song active.
- Edge Thane’s innate abilities have more generous Health thresholds. The base innate now triggers when health is <= 60% instead of 50%, and the final innate (triggers when health is <= 33% instead of 25%. Also, when the base innate triggers, your damage mitigation is increased by 20% (up from 15%).
- Budoka’s Vital Point: Bleed now has a buffed ‘trigger’ effect. Once an enemy is marked for bleeding and you strike them with another Budoka technique, the bleed will spread to enemies within 3 tiles of the original enemy, instead of within 1 tile.
- For the first 3/4 of the dungeon, there is now a ~2 turn buffer from when you first enter a floor to when monsters can aggro you naturally. This should help with edge cases where a ton of aggressive monsters happen to spawn right next to stairs. However, note that if the monsters were already aggressive, or if you attack them, they will still fight back. Note: This does not apply on New Game+.
- Monsters knocked out with a Monster Mallet should now gain immunity to mud and lava, and any ‘charged’ ability they may have been using should now be canceled
- Jade Beetle’s ‘Armor Break’ skill removed (was only accessible by pet Jade Beetles)
- Flat damage resistance (such as the Physical damage reduction granted by Medium and Heavy armor) is now applied AFTER your % resistance. This is most noticeable when you have higher resistance values.
- Percy’s healing costs have been reduced to a flat, linearly scaling 50 -> 100 -> 150g (etc), resetting each time you level up. The costs are no longer based on character level. JP healing starts at 100jp and increases by 25jp per time you heal in your current level.
- The cost to deposit an item at the bank has been reduced by about 20% on average
- Attempted fix for bug where monster echoes and powerups would sometimes not trigger if they spawned on top of you. The powerups should now be obtained automatically at the end of the turn
- Job Trials are now accessible immediately in New Game+ (if you’ve mastered your current job)
- When hovering your cursor over an enemy and using a melee weapon with an Overdrawing bow on your hotbar, clicking on an enemy at max range should properly switch to the Overdrawing bow
- Fixed monster wander behavior in Item Dreams with Deadly Void
- Fixed bug with certain monster ability targeting such as Battousai’s Iaijutsu
- Fixed bugs with inaccurate estimated healing on food items
- Fixed bug that was allowing certain status effects like Sneak Attack to trigger on the wrong conditions
- Fixed bug that made the Overdrawing magic mod always reset CT to 0 even when at less than max range
- Fixed bugs with effects that required enemies to have not noticed you (these were always triggering)
- Fixed visual bug with ‘icy ground’ (dropped by Frosted Jellies) sprite
- Fixed bug where certain status effect sprites would “stick” to a corral pet and never come off
- Corral pets should now gain XP even if you are at the level cap
- Another attempt at fixing bug where getting pulled or pushed would not update line of sight properly
- Fixed some monster abilities not using proper targeting
- Fixed bug where monster letters would sometimes display garbage text
- Fixed bugs with Armor Training (Paladin skill)
- Fixed bug where the block bonus from Big Giant Circlet and Crystal Ring did not stack correctly
- Fixed bug where friendly River Spirits’ water shot attack could sometimes target the player. Also fixed a number of other assorted friendly monster attacks
- Fixed bug where the cursor could permanently disappear when returning to title
- Attempt at fixing bug where the Summon Mini-Panthox effect would not trigger all summons (sometimes)
- Fixed visual bugs with button colors in equipment and inventory screens
- Fixed random floating “new item display” popup text
- Enemy buff animations should no longer play while outside line of sight
- Orbs/seeds should no longer drop in Job Trials, as intended
- Fixed bug with high level rumors spawning after doing job trials
- Fixed the monster family of one of the final hub side area bosses
- Fixed random error that could happen and prevent game load on some older systems
- Fixed health bars sometimes rotating out of position
- Attempted fix at issue where Fungal Columns (and some other enemies) would occasionally be invisible
- Monsters KO’d with monster mallet should no longer take lava damage (this should have been fixed already, so re-fixed?)
- Fixed bug that was not incorporating your Spirit Power into Iron Breathing’s healing calculation (this may have affected some other healing abilities)
- Fixed issues with sprite layering of summoned objects or terrain like mud and lava
- HuSyn’s Autobarrier is now correctly classified as a Passive skill again
- Gold cost of upgrading bank storage has been capped at your max gold held amount
- Casino 2F now gives a super treasure chest when cleared, as intended
- Parting Gifts should now work correctly with Runic Crystal
CONTENT / GAMEPLAY
- You can now find a new tree in Riverstone Grove that will be inscribed with the names of characters you’ve lost in Tangledeep. This data has been tracked only recently and will show level, job, champions defeated, etc. for each of your previous characters.
- Upon completing an Item Dream, you’ll now see a popup showing the results of your Dream run: gold, XP, and JP earned, fountains found, items looted, and Goldfrogs caught. You’ll also see what (if any) upgrades your item got!
- Yet more XML optimizations for faster load time
- Support for dialogs with multiple pages of reponses! Wow!
- Major optimizations related to map objects, monster spawns, and wandering monster behavior
- Major optimization related to monsters trying to pathfind from very far away
- Major optimizations related to many damage-dealing effects
QUALITY OF LIFE
- On the Equipment screen, pushing left on your list of equipped gear via keyboard or controller will wrap the cursor around to the Filter buttons. Pushing right on the Filter buttons will then return to your equipped gear list.
- When walking into an Item Dream aura (after not being in that aura the previous turn), the game log will show the aura effect. Also, the aura effect will pop up over your head for a second.
- When purchasing Pet Insurance, the game will now let you know if you already have insurance before checking to see if you have enough money
- When attempting a Job Trial, if you have a corral pet, you will now have the option of putting the pet back in the corral automatically
- The Recipe book now updates ALL recipes to check if you have ingredients, each time you cook a recipe.
- When handing in quest-related items like Tsukida’s coffee, the game will try to use unmodified versions (such as Coffee with no seasoning)
- You can now sell items to Nando in town.
- A new confirmation dialog now appears if you try to leave a campfire area without resting or cooking at the fire.
- New tutorial popup the first time you knock out a monster in the dungeon reminding you to use your Escape Portal to easily escape
- New tutorial popup if you have not returned to town after going through several dungeon floors (and if you have never used your portal before!)
- You can now swap places with merchants in the dungeon.
- When using the “Come to me at once” pet command, your pet should now stick right next to you for a few turns. It will not move away for any reason (unless pulled away.)
- The “Wandering Merchant” message should no longer obscure the “Harvest Food” dialog after exiting an item dream.
- Dungeon areas that are roughly on-par for your level will be noted as “Tricky” in the upper left, which is generally accurate to the challenge you would expect in these maps.
- When finding unusual Item Dream events, you will now see some overlay text the first time you enter that floor
- Grove Pest and two of the final hub area bosses (re-used sprite) removed from the Monsterpedia, secret rift boss added to the Monsterpedia
- “Shaken” status now displays exact amount of CT lost per turn
- Added numbers to various special item and effect descriptions
- JP: Numerous text updates and fixes
- “Spirit-Linked” modifier was previously used for both armor and shields and had the same name for both. Now, the shield version is called “Refreshing”.
Build 1.13u (24 May 2018)
- Throw Stone now hits 100% of the time as intended, even to targets in water
- Fixed bug where Heavy Armor Mastery was always giving +15 flat resistance instead of +1 per level as intended
- Fixed bug with Floramancer’s Compost passive
- Fixed bug where you could be pulled into an area with no line of sight
- More attempts at fixing edge cases where you could find duplicate legendaries
- Fixed various bugs with Skewer (1st spear mastery)
- Fixed bug where monsters could jump on to tiles with destructible, blocking objects like crates or ice blocks
- Fixed bug with Gamblers’ “Roll the Bones” 6+6 roll
- Fixed bug where St. Herge’s 3-piece set was not working properly
- Fixed bug where an extra SFX would play when opening the Journal tab
- Fixed some monster powers that were only usable a limited number of times in the monster’s life
- Attempted fix at a bug where a quest could be completed and then failed simultaneously if the quest completion and failure conditions were met at the same time.
- Fixed some visual bugs in the feat selection screen
- Fixed bug with wrong terrain sprites showing up sometimes out of LOS
- Cleaned up visual bugs that could occur when returning to the final boss area
- JP: Various text fixes for overlapping text, dialogs going off screen, etc.
- Pathfinding optimizations, should be particularly noticeable in densely packed areas with narrow corridors
- Minor optimizations related to UI and animations
- Major optimizations related to certain restorative effects
- Optimization of game load times
- Optimizations related to dialog boxes
- XML compression for faster loading
- Yet more data optimizations for faster initial load time
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Magic mods that require a specific item subtype (like weapons, quivers, etc) now display this in their description
- Abilities that require a certain weapon type for the cooldown to tick (ultimate techniques) now say this in the skill description
- The “Use Shovel” hotkey will now try to use Dream shovels before regular shovels
Build 1.13p (24 May 2018)
- Map borders are now always shown on the minimap
- JP: Improved out-of-bounds dialog boxes, i.e. F1 help tutorial
- JP: Fixed text overlap issues in banker deposit money dialog
- JP: Fixed text overlap issues on the Options menu
- JP: Fixed a handful of missing kanji
- JP: Fixed “Armor” text unlocalized on Equipment screen
- Fixed monster levelup dialog
- Fixed occasionally buggy Darkfrog sprites
- Attempted fixes for some sprite layering issues related to Deadly Void and Stairs
- Fixed rare game load error related to array index
- Fixed soft lock bug when your pet leveled up
- Fixed lock bug that could occur with certain abilities like Suplex
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Default battle text size is now larger, so that the “100%” value is correct
- Fixed the scale of some monsters in the Monsterpedia that were covering up other monsters!
- JP: Improved localization of item prefixes
Build 1.13o (17 May 2018)
- Tangledeep is now completely localized to Japanese! Click the flag icon on the main screen to switch languages.
PET SYSTEM REWORKS
- Going forward, your corral pet will (finally) gain experience and level up while fighting alongside you! This is something that’s been a long time coming. Your pet gains a % of the XP that you earn, whether through defeating monsters or completing rumors. Once your pet gets enough XP, it will level up, gaining more power, stats, and health.
- This new method of advancement feels a lot more intuitive, and it supercedes the wonky previous system of pet health scaling. Also, this means that you can actually get a really powerful pet simply through regular gameplay, without needing to do any pet breeding.
- To make sure pets aren’t too overpowered, your pets can now only reach a maximum of level 12 in the regular game (which is about the level of the very hardest monsters.) To get them to level 15, you will need to beat the game and play New Game+. In either case, breeding is a way to increase a monster’s power even if they are at the level cap.
- Breeding is still a powerful tool, and it works almost identically to how it did before. Breeding two pets will average all their stats, generate a new pool of abilities based on the parents’ abilities, and - if you add some extra JP - increase their base stats further as well. The only difference is that now, breeding will NOT cause the pet to actually gain an XP level. So, by both breeding AND leveling up a pet, you can gain even higher stats - without needing to go through as many ‘generations’ of pets as before.
- Previously, monster relationships (affection) would develop naturally over time, but in many cases, affection would go down for any number of reasons. Now, monster affection will either stay the same, or increase. The chance of affection between two monsters rising is based on beauty (higher beauty = more affection), happiness of both monsters (the higher, the better), and monster family (same family, such as Frogs, means more affection.)
- Bottom line: It should be much easier for pets to naturally develop loving relationships without needing to be force-fed Romantic meals.
PET DEFEAT & INSURANCE
- Because you can now invest much more time into a pet, we think it would feel really bad if you’re adventuring with your Harmless Frog from level 3 to level 12, only to lose it to a random crit. So now, if a pet would normally be defeated, it will instead go back to the corral with its Happiness reset to 0. Furthermore, it will be unavailable as a pet for 3 ingame days. (The corral UI will say that the pet is upset with you.)
- If you have Pet Insurance, of course, that penalty will be removed (just like it is now.)
- There is a new NPC who can show up in Riverstone Grove! To find the NPC, visit the Frog Bog. She will be able to teach your pets unique skills that can’t be obtained anywhere else! Teaching your pet these skills will cost JP and scales up based on the level of your pet. There are four skills now, and more may be added later.
- Way better game load / dungeon creation screens featuring Grace Liu’s original art
- New music for the final areas of the game
- GOG soundtrack now includes the final area(s) music and the Job Trials theme
- JP is now capped at 99,999 per job
- Gold carried is now capped at 9,999,999*
- You can no longer capture Barrier Crystals as pets (didn’t make sense anyway!)
- It should no longer be possible to get duplicate legendaries in NG+ or on NG+ restarts (however, in making this change, you will temporarily find duplicate legendaries…)
- “Toxified” status now qualifies as a poison, for the purposes of abilities like Iron Breathing
- Necro Band no longer gives your Escape Portal or Healing Flask a health cost (lol)
- Fixed bug with Elemental King power scaling being too high
- Fixed various bugs with Wild Untamed monsters
- Fixed rare Item Dream monster scaling bug
- Fixed bug where some special areas allowed you to walk through walls near stairs (i.e. craggan mine entrance)
- Fixed game errors that could occur relating to Wild Untamed rumors and item dreams
- Fixed yet more strange LOS bugs… maybe? Switched to a new spiral check method
- Fixed rare bug that could happen with monster summoning
- Multiples of the same legendary should no longer show up in the Casino shop
- The banker will no longer let you withdraw more than the max possible gold
- Summoned objects should no longer appear under terrain
- Fixed bug where Tsukida’s Elixir and Muguzmo’s Campfire Meat would not stack with identical items
- Fixed bug where restarting NG+ would allow you to learn more Ultimate techniques
- Fixed bug where entering NG+ would not preserve the # of champs defeated with each weapon type
- Attempted to fix issue where mod levels (such as Replicator 88) would sometimes show up in earlygame rumors
- Medi-Ray Dispatchers can no longer be knocked out with a monster mallet
- Fixed game error that could occur when switching combat log text sizes
- Fixed bug that could make certain mastery abilities not appear in the skill list (or appear when they shouldn’t, while switching from one mastered job to another)
- Attempted fix at bug where the Painter quest would sometimes not mark as completed if you hit a monster with the Monster Mallet
- The Spirit stat no longer makes Delayed Teleport take longer (lol)
- Fixed bug where Kunai Toss (monster ability) could hit friendlies
- See the monster pet changes and additions above!
- Significant work done for localization prep
- Miscellaneous minor engine optimizations
- Major optimization related to the combat log draw time (caused stutters during heavy combat)
- Faster and smoother game loading
- Major optimization related to any objects spawned ingame, ranging from dialog buttons to sprite FX, reducing stutter and making the game smoother
- Up to 38% reduction in save file size, which means faster load times
- Further data file size reduction (faster loading of core data)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Further cleanup of the hover info bar, giving monsters their own separate line(s)
- When landing a stun with Shield Mastery, “STUNNED!” should appear above the monster.
- Merchants will now consistently announce that they have new goods upon entering the floor, until you talk to them next
- Jesse, the monster rancher, now explains the new pet advancement mechanic, and will also remind you of how monster romance works!
- Consolidated Dreamcaster affinity UI if the dream has all 5 elemental affinities
- You will now be prompted if you attempt to destroy an object such as an Ice Block that causes damage on destruction.
- When starting or restarting New Game+, all toggle abilities will be cleared and reset
Build 1.12f (02 May 2018)
- New character creation music!
- The “Conjuration” weapon magic mod now extends summon duration by 20% (minimum of 1 turn) rather than a flat +1 turn
- Crits from Daggers now grant +50 CT instead of +60 CT
- If you are dual wielding daggers and you crit with a basic attack in your mainhand, a crit with your offhand dagger will not grant an additional +50 CT - previously this could give you nigh-infinite free turns
- Corral pets now receive up to +25% resistances from the player, but no more.
- Corral pet resistances now cap at 75% instead of 95%.
- Fixed bug where the game was not properly saving/loading the # of times an item received rarity upgrades
- Fixed bug where destructibles like chests and barrels were occasionally targetable with some abilities
- Fixed intermittent error with log dividers
- Fixed bug where using Call Elemental Spirit on certain ‘danger’ squares would produce elementals of the wrong type
- Fixed issues with being able to damage the Nightmare Queen, for real this time
- Pretty Pretty Hairband now works for skills that use both Energy and Stamina (effectively refunding 20% of the total cost)
- Search bar is now cleared when you enter any UI with a search bar (rather than the previous search sitting there and not doing anything)
- Fixed bugs with the search bar if you were scrolled down and began searching for anything
- Tree seed rarity should now be consistently reflected in item name coloring
- Fixed bug that prevented a number of rumor types from spawning at higher levels
- Fixed bug where you couldn’t summon monsters on to a used campfire
- Fixed “Esc” text appearing under item shortcuts on controller
- New type of rumor, available if you’ve unlocked the Dreamcaster! Venture into a certain weapon type to fight a powerful Elemental King (and receive their Essence as a bonus reward.)
- Another new rumor type: tame a rare wild monster! These “Wild Untamed” beasts are stronger than other monsters of their species, and have a higher corral rarity / beauty. If you can manage to beat their pack and knock out the leader, they’re yours!
- Data optimizations to compress ability and status effects further (faster load/parsing)
- Added better universal support for resistance-piercing effects
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When using rotatable abilities centered on the player, such as Fan of Knives, the AOE direction will now default to the direction with the most monsters
- Pandora’s Box count in your Adventure tab now shows the exact bonuses/penalties incurred by the boxes opened.
- Returning monsters to corral will now put them at the top of the list instead of the bottom
- The Skill sheet now remembers the scrollbar position if you close and reopen the UI
- Compressed the display of monster resistances in the info bar. Also, ‘actors’ in a tile are now stored in the order: monsters, map objects, items.
Build 1.11b (27 April 2018)
- Darkened ability cooldown indicators
- Max item upgrades via rarity has been limited to 5. In other words, once up to 5 modifiers have been added, the raw power should not continue increasing if you remove and add mods further.
- Increased the value multiplier of food sold on the Food Cart
- The Herbalist quest no longer resets more than once, even if you restart New Game+ again
- This also goes for the Armor mastery quest, and learning Ultimate weapon masteries
- Fixed bug where Righteous Charge could sometimes send you through walls.
- Fixed text issue that could occur in the Job Trial dialogues with Jorito
- Fixed bug where some statuses, in some circumstances, would be added with a duration of 5 turns which was either too high or too low
- Fixed bug that could sometimes cause issues with stat numbers (such as Health, strength, etc) for the player and monsters on saving/loading game, in certain non-US regions
- Fixed visual bug that could occur when dropping items from the same stack on the ground
- Fixed bug where pressing any menu button rapidly could cause the character portrait info to disappear forever
- Fixed bug where the Pandora’s Box reset option in New Game+ would not actually reset your count... oops
- Fixed cursor ‘flip’ happening on UIs other than the skill screen
- Fixed bug where pressing “Compare Alternate” would not change the display instantly on the Equipment screen
- Fixed some wonky AI behavior that occurred when a summoned or charmed creature under your control disappeared or died
- Added extra protections to ensure the Nightmare Queen cannot be damaged prior to the final fight of an Item Nightmare
- Finally fixed issue with glitchy terrain if summoned terrain was added to existing (water, mud, lava, etc)
- If you disable a mod that affects the dungeon itself (such as the official Replicator 88 mod) and try to continue a save that used that mod, the game world will now regenerate from scratch while keeping your character and meta progress. Previously, the save would just not load.
- Added preventative measures in cases of total data loss due to power outage/save corruption
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The combat log now has subtle line dividers separating messages by game turn
- When visiting the Corral and looking at all your monsters, their Health will now scale instantly to your health - previously, you had to take the pet out for it to scale
- The Dreamcaster UI now shows how many of each Orb you have
- Floramancer’s summoned vines (or those created by Aura of Growth) now show up as friendly @ on the minimap rather than destructible objects/boxes
Build 1.10d (27 April 2018)
- Using Sanctuary (Paladin master ability) cancels your Escape Portal. This is now stated in the ability description.
- You can now fast travel FROM Bottles and Brews once you’ve cleared the monsters
- Fixed incorrect description for Brigand’s innate ability that causes bleed. No longer requires “sharp” weapons. You can cause bleed with any melee attack.
- You should now receive rewards for clearing Desert Oasis
- Fixed bug where pressing a menu button twice very quickly (like equipment -> equipment) would cause some UI issues
- Fixed some visual ugliness when moving north on top of stairs or Deadly Void
- Another fix to boss2 issue where attacks were possible during cutscene
- Fixed bug where Edge Thane’s innate passive triggering at <50% Health would sometimes disappear forever until switching from and back to the job
- Fixed Examine Mode / keyboard / controller targeting issue where cursor hover state would be ‘sticky’ on the last targeted object/actor
- Fixed bug with Dreamcaster’s search bar
- Fixed bug with healing item values not displaying
- The Berserk weapon mastery should no longer stun yourself
- Fixed bug where some rumors in side areas would not display the connecting floor
- Fixed bug where three Lucid Shards would sometimes combine into an Orb and leave you with an extra shard left over
- Another pass at ensuring Buried Loot always has a key - if not on the floor, than in a monster’s inventory
- Game startup and load time optimizations related to data parsing
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When using Paladin’s Sanctuary, you will no longer counter-attack (breaking the barrier)
- Boss 3 arena will now spawn two staircases leading back to both branches which lead to the arena
- Rumors for defeating monsters with a certain element should no longer occur for monsters immune to a given element (i.e. you won’t be asked to defeat an Ember Spirit with Fire)
Build 1.10 (16 April 2018)
- Brigand’s Fan of Knives now deals 120% base damage (down from 175%), but deals +30% damage to bleeding enemies (up from +15%)
- Fixed rare game load error
- Fixed dual wielding attack bug
- Fixed bug with Orb of Reverie drop rate
- More weird edge case LOS fixes
- Fixed bug with certain stacked status effects such as Echoes collected
- Fixed bug with Sword Dancer’s 1st emblem ability (empower attack after movement) - was triggering even when not moving
- Fixed game error that could occur when searching for items in shops
- Fixed bug with the side area ‘treasure chest’ icon showing as closed sometimes when it should have been open
- Fixed bug with Library encounter soft lock
- Yet more credits fixes (this time for 900p resolution)
- New Optional Game Modifier: No Pandora Boxes
- You can now create new map objects, such as barrels, treasure chests, doors, ground-based fires, spikes, etc!
- Create new or replace existing sprite sheets for any map object
- Create new or replace existing sprite sheets for any in-game battle or status FX (sword slashes, explosions, hovering icons, ability effects, etc)
- More engine optimizations for performance
- Data cleanup for faster loading and general optimization
- Added flavor text for Rod of Wild Nature
Build 1.09i (16 April 2018)
- Powerups should now stack above other items and objects in a tile
- Fixed loop point in the dungeon track “Mirai the Hero”
- Spirit Wolf (Hunter summon) no longer takes damage from lava or spikes
- Reduced monster aggression when you are already engaged with multiple monsters, particularly champions (Does not apply to New Game+)
- Fixed bug with starting challenge runs sometimes
- Fixed typo in Coffee’s effect description
- Fixed bug where Friendly Fire game modifier allowed you to hit yourself with abilities (made many abilities 100% useless)
- Attempted fix at Monster Letters ‘sticking’ on ground sometimes
- Fixed bug where a certain campfire encounter could visually softlock the game
- Fixed cursor & frog flicker on game load / game start
- Fixed bug where skill orb version of Aether Barrage did not extend range when spending Echoes
- Fixed bug where the wrong version of Guardian Arachnoid was being used in the monsterpedia (boss ver instead of regular encounter)
- Bandit Library boss should no longer show up as a target for rumors
- Attempted fix at bug where stat values in non-US countries were sometimes written incorrectly to XML
- Fixed bug where the Wild Nature set’s 3pc bonus (Bed of Thorns upgraded) was dealing Physical damage, instead of Poison
- Fixed bug where some sprites or sprite effects would stick around after beating final boss phase 1
- The “Consumable Burnout” game modifier no longer applies to food
- Fixed bug with Emblem stat display
- Fixed bug where the “NO” option when trying to manually sell a Favorited item did not work
- Fixed bug that prevented abilities from being used from the menu sometimes
- Fixed bug where using keyboard/controller to scroll to the top of the equipment list (while scrolled past the first page) would not scroll up and instead go to the category buttons
- Attempted fix at issue where monsters were occasionally visible but not targetable at range
- Skill Orb version of Radiant Aura should no longer constantly mark you as being in combat
- Experimental fix to slow memory leak
- Mod support added: Item data, job portraits, item sprites, spawn tables, shops, loot tables, monsters, dungeon rooms / floors, and job, monster, or NPC sprite sheets!
- Two new potions: Camouflage Perfume and Essential Monster Oils, each offering a burst of stealth for a short time (reducing monster aggression significantly)
- Various engine optimizations (better performance, smoothness, framerates)
- Added support for dungeon expansion in existing save files, without restarting or refreshing the current save. If game updates or player mods add new side areas, those will now be dynamically added and connected to the dungeon even in older saves.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- A quick search bar has been added to the Equipment sheet! Since this is built for use with a keyboard, you must CLICK the search bar to begin typing. You can type any part of an item name, any part of a magic mod name, a weapon or armor type, etc. You can even add multiple search terms (comma-separated) to get results that match ANY of those terms.
- The same search bar has also been added to the Dreamcaster, shops, and Inventory UI
- You can now use fast travel FROM the Desert Oasis if you have cleared the map of monsters
- You will no longer EVER move toward a monster or destructible if you click ON the object while out of range to attack it. This has tripped up many players thinking they were in range, when they actually were not.
- Added some code that should (probably) prevent you from getting the same rumor twice in a row if you rejected the first one.
- Nigiri is now Makizushi. Did I get it right this time?
Build b108h (03 April 2018)
- Consecrated Chalice now heals for twice as much
- Fixed some “\n” characters printing to the game log sometimes
- Fixed bug that prevented online players from starting New Game+
- Legendary consumables can no longer trigger Bountiful Bag (which didn’t do anything to them anyway)
- Fixed random pet name generator
- Intro overlay text should no longer appear in challenges
- Fixed rare game load state with monsters on top of hero, or monsters ending up in the wrong location after load (disconnected sprite position / actual position)
- Fixed bug where pressing a hotkey to confirm that hotkey did not work with skill orb modified abilities
- Fixed bug where the shortcut buttons/hotkeys for UI menus (in the upper right of the menu screen) disappeared sometimes
- Fixed bug that could softlock the game during a certain encounter in the Bandit Library by allowing you to take turn actions during the cutscene
- MODDING: Extensive groundwork laid for player-created items / gear sets, item sprites
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Hovering over a monster or using examine mode will now display if the monster has elemental strengths or vulnerability. This will change based on the monster’s current status effects and champion mods. If you have Keen Eyes, you will now see that monster’s exact % resistances if they are noticeably higher or lower.
Build b107b (20 March 2018)
- From now on, all new characters now store a special number called a “world seed” which you can view from the Options menu. This number determines how the dungeon is constructed, where monsters are placed, which legendaries show up first, and so on. Though your actions will have the biggest impact on how the game plays out, the world seed is the foundation.
- Naturally, since you can view this seed number, you can also input a seed number during character creation to play in a specific game world! This is a fun way to challenge friends to see if they can beat YOUR dungeon, and vice versa. You could also use it as a way to practice the game by re-using the same seed for future characters.
- You can no longer mark your own corral pet as hostile.
- Fixed keyboard/controller behavior where moving the targeting square above an enemy would not show that enemy’s info (while targeting an ability or firing a ranged weapon)
- Fixed ^number^ tags appearing when viewing some abilities, including on the character creation screen at first load
- Removed visible “\n” tags from certain areas (please let us know if you see more of these!)
- Fixed (again?) visual issue where Floracondas / Guardian Spheres could pull you beneath Deadly Void tiles in Item Dreams sometimes
- Tents should now be removed from the hotbar if you use your last one
- Fixed bug where Delayed Teleport was triggering its emblem-only effect all the time
- Jellies spawned by friendly jellies should now be your faction instead of neutral/hostile
- Heavy Golem’s forcefield no longer lasts forever
- Fixed display error when removing/extracting certain magic mods via Dreamcaster, such as Sheltering
- Fixed inconsistency with Job Trial callout
- Fixed bug with regen Stamina/Energy game modifier
- Removed jank from game credits when at 4k resolution
- Fixed log bug when withdrawing items from the bank
- Fixed bug where Spellshaper’s elemental resist boost from Auras was always in effect regardless of Emblem, and also the bug where Spellshaper’s tier 3 Emblem effect granting elemental resistance based on elemental damage taken was not triggering
- Fixed bugs related to abilities learned from items causing weird states on your hotbar
- Fixed bug where Edge Thane’s low-health effects were sometimes not triggering, stacking, or appearing in your Status list
- Pandora’s Boxes now ALSO grant slightly higher treasure find (about 0.75%) and gold find (about +1%) per box. Treasure find = chance of getting extra and/or magical items, Gold Find = multiplier on gold drops. Even more tempting, eh?!
- Optimizations to map creation time (it should be about 25% faster overall now)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You can now fast travel to side areas while in a safe / cleared side area (from the Portal menu)
- The Skill screen now shows ability cooldowns in your ability list, marking these abilities in yellow instead
- Added a “BACK” button on the ‘Feed Monster’ UI which returns you to the monster list
- Fixed inconsistency with Pandora’s Box/Chest - it is now a BOX
Build b106i (20 March 2018)
- Our vision for Tangledeep is a challenging but fair experience that can be conquered on Heroic or even Hardcore mode with practice and skill. You don’t need a ton of luck to win, nor do you need to be a roguelike expert. We create content and adjust balance with this vision in mind.
- However, we understand that all players are different, and if you want to change the core Tangledeep experience to make it easier or harder, we’re introducing a new feature allowing you to do just that: GAME MODIFIERS. You can toggle any number of Game Modifiers during character creation. Some make the game harder, others easier, or more random.
- All modifiers are strictly optional and we do encourage new players to experience the game without any of them. You can use as many or as few as you want - even all of them at once! With all that said, here are the modifiers we are introducing:
- Player Health regeneration (1% of max per turn out-of-combat)
- Player Energy and Stamina regeneration (1.5% of max per turn out-of-combat)
- Half Fullness time
- No gold drops from monsters
- Triple Pandora’s Boxes per floor
- Non-food consumables have a 3 turn shared cooldown
- Corral pets cannot die and are returned to the corral with lower Happiness instead
- JP gain halved
- All monsters have one champion power
- Enemy monsters regenerate Health per turn
- Cannot use abilities that are not on your hotbars; cannot swap abilities in the dungeon
- Please note that we will not be balancing the game around any of these modifiers. They are not the intended experience; they are a way for you to customize YOUR experience!
- The health bonus of Floramancer’s tier 2 and 3 innate bonuses has been reduced
- If your Floraconda dies, the cooldown to resummon it is now reset to max. To compensate, the cooldown has been reduced from 12 to 6 turns.
- Champion monsters should no longer spawn near staircases (within ~5 tiles in any direction). This means you should no longer arrive at a new floor only to be greeted by a powerful critter!
- Modified AI behavior to be a bit more forgiving when it comes to multiple champions aggroing the hero at once. (Does not apply to NG+).
- Likewise modified regular monster behavior to avoid huge pile-ups in early levels just due to unlucky monster placement. (Does not apply to NG+).
- Bosses now have a 75% chance to resist Paralyze, Stun, and Seal effects each turn
- Fixed a variety of Emblem and Trial related bugs such as trials not completing, stats not increasing, and not being prompted to get a new tier ability
- The cursor should no longer flicker while the Riverstone intro text is showing upon character creation
- Added extra checks to ensure any rumors in side areas automatically enable those side areas if they are not discovered
- Fixed bug where Athyes’ headband’s “Igniting” effect did not stack with a weapon using the same mod
- Fixed bug where released pets would sometimes hang around on the map
- Fixed issue with buggy stair connections before the 3rd boss (i.e. if you left the area with the NPC and returned)
- Craggans’ mud-summoning power no longer affects tiles with existing terrain
- Fixed sprite layering issue with the portal in town
- Fixed bug with finishing tier 2 & 3 trials
- Fixed bug with Knight’s Glove effect stacking
- Fixed rare game error on game load in a file with multiple pets/summons
- Fixed bug where Flask count was not visually refreshed after exiting a job trial sometimes
- Fixed inconsistencies with individual and stacked item sale price, particularly for stuff like Skill Orbs / Lucid Orbs. Also fixed inconsistencies with Deposit price for individual/stacked items.
- Fixed bug that prevented you from using a Skill Orb on an item with 5 mods
- Fixed bug where Shadowstep would not trigger Brigand’s tier 3 innate ability.
- Sword Dancer’s Emblem ability that counter-attacks when being pulled should no longer trigger unless you started (or ended) the movement next to the monster
- The chance to pass days from Item Dreams now takes into account affinities, so easier dreams due to affinities will be less likely to pass time, and vice versa
- Fixed bug that cut the powerup drop rate in half on load (was only meant to apply to NG+!)
- Game Modifiers! See above section.
- Numerical text for abilities, items, statuses, and magic mods is now stored in a location-agnostic way. Wow this was a lot of work.
- Converted all internal XML to localization-friendly master file format.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- It is now possible to dismiss any summoned pet. Click on their portrait in the “Pet Party” window (or, on controller/keyboard, use Examine mode and select them), then select “Dismiss Pet”. This does NOT trigger on-death effects; the pet simply vanishes immediately.
- If you have the Sword Dancer emblem ability that attacks enemies when pushed/pulled, and your attack misses, this will now print to the log no matter what
Build b105h (12 March 2018)
- New Job Trial / arena theme!
- Job Emblems no longer reduce JP gain. Instead, while wearing the emblem of a job, you gain extra stats. (+4 all stats per tier.) So, a Brigand wearing the Brigand Emblem gains up to +12 all stats.
- The types of monsters that spawn in each Job Trial is now dependent on the tier of the trial. Though ALL monsters are level-scaled to the player, you will generally no longer fight endgame enemies in a level 1 trial, or early-game enemies in a level 3 trial.
- Monsters in Job Trials should no longer spawn within 6 tiles of your start positions.
- Brigand’s Stealth emblem choice now grants +60% Stealth (up from +25%)
- Clearing a side area now only passes a day if you didn’t pass a day by entering that area (I.e. it was the highest floor explored)
- Floramancer’s Bed of Thorns now deals POISON damage (instead of Physical), summon lasts 12 turns down from 14
- Budoka’s ‘fear’ Tier 1 emblem effect should no longer affect allied creatures
- Budoka’s Tier 3 emblem effect (Qi wave on ability use) no longer causes game errors when using items
- Fixed bugs with the [redacted] encounter in the library if you went the ‘peaceful’ route
- Fixed a bug that could prevent you from starting NG+ on some save files due to a corrupt pet save
- Fixed bug where the chance of passing days in Item Dreams was inverted; easier dreams were more likely to pass days vs. more challenging dreams
- Fixed missing sprite for Bandit’s Thankful Echo (2nd boss drop)
- Fixed bug with the ‘Show Tutorial Tips’ checkbox not working
- Runic Garb now correctly receives a +2% dodge bonus per upgrade in the Dreamcaster
- Fixed bug where, on game load, firing a ranged weapon (with a melee weapon equipped first) would not switch back to the melee weapon.
- Quivers or other paired offhand items that are unequipped when swapping weapons on your hotbar should no longer be sold automatically when selecting “Sell All Items” at a merchant
- Floramancer’s “Photosynthesis” skill reworked. It now costs more Stamina (18 -> 24) but grants increased damage to all summoned plants (Floraconda, Spitting Plant, Bed of Thorns, Creeping Death) for 8 turns.
- Wild Child's tier1 innate reworked. Now grants +20% defense against any damaging abilities that you've already learned.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When viewing items at the Dreamcaster, you will now see the % chance that a day will pass after completing a particular Dream.
Build b105g (12 March 2018)
- Job Trials: ALL buffs and toggles are now cleared and disabled upon entry to a trial. Previously, you could use something like Paladin’s Heavy Guard and Radiant Aura, switch to another job, and do that job’s trial.
- Knight Gloves reworked. They now grant +18% damage if using a Sword or a Mace, plus a Shield in your offhand.
- Monster happiness now has an even greater beneficial impact on monster relationships. As time passes, happier monsters will have more of a chance of naturally falling in love (without rose petals)
- Time now passes by 1 day each time you complete a side area
- Upgrading an equipped Emblem should now rebuild the display name and color immediately
- Job Trials: Added extra error checking to make sure tier 3 trials always have stairs leading from floor 1 to floor 2 (loading existing bugged save files on floor 1 should fix this immediately)
- Job Trials: Added extra checking to ensure a Relic is always spawned for tier 3 trials.
- Fixed bug where keyboard/controller targeting would gravitate toward mouse position, even if mouse was hidden
- Fixed bug where Skill Orb version of Cloak & Dagger did not receive the bonus from Brigand’s “Bomber” ability or Smoke Cloud +20% dmg bonus
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Abilities that deal elemental damage based on your weapon now state this in their description
Build b105f (12 March 2018)
JOB TRIALS & EMBLEMS
- A new feature has been added to the game! Job Emblems are a way to specialize further into any of the game's 12 jobs. Every job has its own Emblem that can be upgraded twice. For each level of the emblem (1, 2, and 3) you'll be able to choose a unique upgrade that suits the skills and playstyle of your job. With 2 options per tier, 3 tiers, and 12 jobs, that's a total of 72 new bonuses in total!
- To kick off the Job Emblem quest, you must master a job, beat the first boss, and talk to Jorito. You'll discover that Job Trials are unlike other challenges in the game: they require limiting yourself to a minimal number of consumable uses, flask charges, and abilities from only your current job. Each trial is harder than the last, and to even attempt them will cost a hefty amount of JP. But should you be victorious, your Emblem will be upgraded with a new tier of power.
- There are a few other things to know about this new system:
- By mastering multiple jobs, you can potentially earn an Emblem for every single one.
- You can bring an Emblem from one job to another. However, you can only upgrade a job's specific Emblem by being that job.
- Wearing an Emblem reduces your JP gain - an important consideration.
- Emblems cannot be sold or banked, meaning they cannot be given to future characters.
- Emblems cannot be upgraded in the Dreamcaster. Their bonuses are unique, and must be unlocked through the Trials!
- Though Tangledeep veterans are able to amass large amounts of gold by the time their perfect gear set is fine-tuned in the very late game, for most players we realize that gold is hard to come by and easily spent on things like consumables, Item Dreams, and healing. We’ve done a pass to adjust some gold costs (and gold sources) to make certain features more appealing and accessible, particularly earlier on in the game.
- Percy’s healing cost has been reduced overall, and substantially for lower level character (5 and below).
- The cost to deposit items at the bank has been reduced by between 50% to 70% depending on item rank and rarity
- Average gold earned per monster defeated has been increased by 5. This extra value is subject to bonuses like mods on gear, the Entrepreneur feat, or Champion/Boss reward bonuses.
- Treasure sparkles now give 10 more gold (if they contain gold at all)
- Rumors that have a gold reward now give about 60 more gold, guaranteed
- Reduced the cost of certain early game consumable items, namely food (some of the previously-increased cost was the result of a bug!)
- Decreased the base cost to guarantee a magic mod on all equipment (except for gear at teh very highest rank). Increased the scaling cost per existing mod (or if the item is legendary/gear set). It should now be easier to start using the Dreamcaster sooner.
- Increased gold reward from Pandora’s Chests
- Added SFX cues for things like depositing, withdrawing, selling, and dropping stacks of items
- Shops are now guaranteed to restock after a certain amount of time if they do not restock by chance (time threshold is about ~3 days)
- Many skills involving physical weapon attacks (such as Cloak & Dagger, Wild Horse, weapon masteries, etc.) now use your main hand weapon’s element instead of always using Physical. This gives you more tactical possibilities when considering weapon elements/mods and damage bonuses, plus enemy strengths and weaknesses.
- In New Game+, the base powerup drop rate is halved (this does not affect bonuses to drop rate from stats or gear)
- Increased Orb of Reverie drop chance in New Game+ by ~10%
- Changed Floraconda’s Bed of Thorns damage to be based on its Weapon Power (scaling) instead of Spirit Power (not scaling)
- Shara’s energy field now reduces the duration of summons that stand in it. (She’ll announce this if it happens.)
- Fixed bug where all player damage was being treated as if you had opened 15 Pandora’s Chests (really) - in other words, all damage was being reduced by about 15%
- Fixed bug where you could not click on your pet in Examine mode (using keyboard / controller) to issue commands
- Friendly monsters in Item Dreams can no longer pick up your upgraded item after beating a Memory King
- Added extra checks to prevent monsters/hero from stacking after certain push/pull effects
- Added extra checks to make sure a Gold Key is always available in the Buried Loot map
- Inventory screen now correctly shows and recalls the previous inventory sort state
- Fixed bug where various game options were not being saved/loaded correctly
- Floraconda now only uses its Bed of Thorns skill when an enemy is adjacent
- The interaction with a certain.. Person… in the Bandit Library can now end happily
- Fixed bug where one dungeon music track never played
- Fixed text bug if you clicked “COMMUNITY” on the title screen and then went back
- Possible fix for bug where player pets were sometimes being lost on save & load
- Fixed a bug that sometimes affected spirit power calculations when wearing multiple pieces of gear that modified spirit power
- Fixed some inaccuracies in rumor location hints
- Fixed bug where final boss phase 2 energy shield would disappear on save/load
- Fixed bug where final boss phase 2 could disrupt its own energy shield by getting near map edges
- Fixed Monsterpediologist achievement
- A new equipment slot has been added. To accommodate, the Gear Bonuses / Current Gear areas on the Equipment screen are now tabbed so you can see more stuff at once.
- After unlocking the Dreamcaster, you can now reset your level-up stat bonuses by speaking to Percy and paying a one-orb fee!
- Added a new mini quest to Flooded Temple. (Will appear on new save files)
- New Champion mod - Banisher. Knocks away (and sometimes roots) nearby enemies, and reduces the duration of your summons!
- New legendary bow
- New legendary claw
- Massively improved the performance of inventory sorting
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You can now target friendly charmed monsters (other than your own pets) to mark them as Hostile. To do this, enter examine mode (“X” on keyboard by default) and select that monster, OR if using mouse, right-click on a monster.
- When using the Town Portal in town, you will now have the option to Fast Travel. No need to walk to the cave entrance every time!
- When targeting an ability, hovering over a monster will now display their information. Moving the target square to an empty tile will go back to showing ability info.
- When opening the Snack Bag, your last inventory sort type (A-Z, rank, rarity, etc) will be saved so that when you return to your Inventory, it maintains the sort it had before.
- You can now filter Equipment by Favorites only
- Newly picked up items now show [NEW!] in your inventory/equipment list, until you hover over them for the first time
- The corral pet UI now shows exact Beauty values for your monsters
- When selling, withdrawing, or depositing stacks of items, the shop/bank UI will no longer close
- If a Dagger critical (+60 CT) puts you above the ‘free turn’ threshold for your CURRENT turn, you will see a log message and popups above nearby monsters that indicates they missed their turn.
Build b104c (12 March 2018)
- Fixed bug that broke healing effects
- Fixed bug that unintentionally decreased monster aggro that occurred if you had certain status effects
- Fixed several issues related to text strings not displaying the right content (bugs caused by ongoing localization prep)
- Cleared placeholder text that periodically appeared in the shop UI
- Appease Monster rumors should now show nearby floor info
- Nearby floor info for quests should no longer be blank (“”)
- Fixed bug with Item Dream monster scaling in items with affinities for particular families
- Fixed bugs relating to certain effects that modified block, accuracy, or parry by a multiplier - this is limited mainly to things such as Lead-Touched which was not properly reducing Parry to 0
- Non-hostile monsters should now attack player-summoned breakable objects such as Materialized Ice, rather than walking over it (?)
- Experimental fixes for some line of sight (LOS) edge cases
Build b104 (05 March 2018)
CORRAL PET BALANCE
- We’ve observed that the maximum potential for corral pets is extremely high. A maxed-out pet is nigh-unstoppable, dealing thousands of damage per hit and taking almost none. We think your pet should not be massively stronger than the hero, but at the same time, we don’t want to make lower-level, non-bred pets useless. The following changes are meant to tone down the upper limit of pet power, but also make it a bit easier to get to that limit.
- Monster stats are now capped at 150 (down from 255). This is a major contributing factor to physical & elemental resistances.
- Maximum weapon power is now 1500 (down from 2550)
- Slightly increased weapon power scaling via breeding (+1% per generation)
- Increased the JP cost for maxing out growth of upper-rarity monsters
- Reduced the influence of player level on pet insurance cost, thus reducing overall pet insurance cost
- Paladin’s Radiant Aura now costs 12 Energy per block (up from 9), Skill Orb version costs 14 Energy (up from 10)
- Seraph’s Tear’s heal on block effect now only triggers if you are under 50% Health
- Sword Dancer’s Qi Mastery now restores 3-5 Energy on crit (down from 3-6).
- Reduced the Token cost of Casino items by about 50%. They should be much more accessible now.
- Many monster abilities that dealt fixed damage regardless of level now scale with monster level. This should help if, for example, you get a Salamander or Alchemist and breed it with stronger monsters.
- The “Familiars” magic mod now grants summoned pets +10% Health and +5% defense (instead of +15% Health)
- All summoned pets now gain an extra 1% defense per player level
- Deadly Riposte (3rd sword mastery) now grants +50% counter damage, down from +100%.
- Abilities like Hail of Arrows and Relentless Current with a ‘windup’ now use the power of the weapon equipped when first casting the power. Previously, they used the power of the weapon equipped when the power finally executed.
- Slightly reduced JP scaling from monsters higher than you in level
- Reduced award JP scaling of higher level rumors
- Reworked the Floraconda’s “Bed of Thorns” skill (from Floramancer tier2 passive). This is now a fixed-position ability that the Floraconda uses if there are enemies in melee range. It does not follow the Floraconda around. The damage is also lower now, but it does stack with YOUR Bed of Thorns, and it can be recast more often.
- Modified spawn tables in Fungal Caves. Floracondas will now start appearing on 8F (instead of 7F), and River Spirits on 10F (instead of 9F).
- Blood Frenzy (Airacudas passive) no longer lasts forever once triggered
- Fixed Casino text referencing winning gold instead of tokens.
- Fixed bug where Spellshaper’s Kinetic Magic would not activate until you dropped below 50% Stamina - it should activate at 50% Stamina
- Fixed Sneak Attack triggering bug
- Using Shield Slam multiple times should correctly stack the effect AND refresh duration
- Fixed bug where summoned pets were not getting the +25% Health bonus in New Game+ as intended
- Shadowstep should now cause bleeding to targets around the tile YOU land on, not the tile you clicked on
- When extracting a mod from an equipped or hotbarred item, the item should now be completely unequipped and removed from your hotbar
- Fixed bug with spawn rates on floors with Fungal Columns. Previously, killing columns would increase the overall spawn rate permanently.
- Fixed sprite clipping bug when moving from the southeast and southwest
- Item Dream monster healing crystals no longer affect friendly monsters
- Fixed bug where Overdrawing quiver mod was not working correctly when firing ranged weapons with the mouse
- Fixed bug where Ramirel’s Dismantler was not using a lower proc rate vs. hostile enemies
- Fixed bug with Wild Child’s “Foraging” passive where Health herbs never spawned (health herbs restore about 8% max health, modified by Spirit)
- It should no longer be possible to push or pull the final boss (phase 1)
- Fixed bug where ace-high Straight was not recognized by Gambler’s Wild Cards (yes, I know this bug is ridiculously obscure)
- Fixed bug with water, mud, and electric visuals that could occur sometimes on load
- Fixed bug with pull effects where the player could sometimes end up on top of friendly pets (or vice versa)
- Friendly Airacudas will now reliably use Fish Rush
- Fixed bug with Watery Heal and several other monster powers
- Fixed bug with Radiant Aura that was causing it to heal 2x as much as intended
- Fixed bug (again) where items with 5 mods could not handle a free additional Skill orb as intended
- Fixed bug where pressing anything on the keyboard would hide comparison info in shops the after using the mouse
- Spinebro / Quillkin corral pets should no longer become immobile on game load
- The Skill Orb version of Verse of the Elements will no longer hit allied creatures
- Items inserted into the Dreamcaster may now have affinities related to specific monster families, such as Frogs, Magic, Insects, Jellies, etc. These Item Dreams have (as you might guess) more of these monsters than other types. Monsters of this type will be level-scaled to match the rest of the monsters in the dream. For example, a high-level item may have a Moss Jelly scaled up, while a low-level item could have a Mottled Sandjaw scaled down. More variety and fun!
- Added a simple new option for players who want an even bigger challenge in New Game+. When starting your NG+ playthrough and you opened any Pandora’s Chests in your previous playthrough, you will be asked whether you want to maintain the current “Opened Chest” count. This does nothing but make your NG+ playthrough even harder, and give you bragging rights if you can beat it anyway!
- Added new “Tenacious” mod for NG+ champions
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The combat log top/bottom padding have been reduced slightly, allowing for more visible text
- A new “Smaller Combat Log Text” option has been added. This allows for yet more text to be shown at once in the log, and may be desirable depending on your monitor, viewing distance, and resolution
- A new “Battle Text Size” option has been added. This controls the size of popup text during combat, such as damage/healing numbers, “STUNNED!”, “ROOTED!”, etc
- Captured Thunder Spirits (and their progeny) should no longer use Static Charge constantly
- Thorns summoned by your Floraconda are now dimmer, to reduce map clutter
- When entering items with affinities using the Dreamcaster (i.e. Challenge/Rewards greater or less than 0), the affinities will now contribute to the difficulty text (i.e. “Easy”, “Tricky”, “Impossible”). In other words, the difficulty text should be a little more accurate now.
- The info bar at the top of the screen will now show ability costs for whatever ability you are using
- The fast travel dialog at the cave to Tangledeep now shows the closest main floor / path to each side area
- The fast travel dialog now also shows if a side area has a shopkeeper with new goods
- Rumors to side areas now show the nearest main path floor as well
- Added assignable keybindings to use Knight’s Shovels and Monster Mallets from your inventory with just a single key (or button) press. These will be default bound to V (for shoVel) or T (for malleT)
- The “Compare Alternate” keybind can be used while in shops to compare any listed accessory to your Accessory slot 2
- Any kind of fast travel back to town (such as from a side area’s portal menu) will now take you to the cave entrance to Tangledeep, instead of the south part of town
- Added flavor text for the Emerald set
- Slingshots renamed to Slings, to match the art
- Onigiri renamed to Nigiri, also to match the art
Build b103a (27 February 2018)
- This patch addresses a number of issues related to pet behavior and pathing. The biggest complaint about pet behavior was having to watch them act confusedly a few tiles away when there were enemies to fight nearby. We have corrected some issues with the AI as well as added a new feature for you to have greater control over your pet’s placement.
- Pets can now jump over you if they see that as the best way to approach the enemy. They will do this automatically if they are near you and have no other path to the goal.
- Pets that are grabbed or have grabbed others (specifically Crab pets) will no longer forget that they love you when the grab is complete.
- Pets now consider the target distance from Mirai, rather than themselves, when deciding if a target is out of range. This keeps them more focused on the threats around you.
- The “Come to me at once!” pet command now causes the pet to immediately jump to you on its next action. This command is on a short cooldown, and the happier your pet is the shorter the cooldown will be.
- Some of these AI adjustments will change the way your pet plays around you, and we encourage you to give us feedback about the new behaviors.
- Changed how the Casino reward system works. You no longer win gold, although if you TIE, you will get your bet back. Instead, you ONLY get tokens, and the conversion rate is now 1 token received per 100g won. Items in the shop now cost 10x more, since tokens were previously earned per 1000g.
- Adjusted how Champion damage/stats scale. Mods past the 1st no longer add as much raw damage, defense, and stats to the champion. Previously, each extra mod added 1% defense, 4% damage, and about 10% all stats. These values have been halved.
- Adjusted player Health curves (both with and without Toughness) to bump up Health a bit more around levels 5-7. Levels 8+ are unaffected.
- Final boss phase 1 Health buffed
- Final boss phase 2 Health significantly buffed, base damage increased, shield damage significantly increased (from base 10% of max Health per turn to 20%), summoned drone health/damage increased slightly
- Increased the base damage of Valkyrie. Now deals 190% (up from 175%) Weapon damage to nearby enemies, and 230% (up from 210%) to further enemies. Root duration also extended by 1 turn.
- Decreased the per-attack damage of Godspeed Strike to 80% of weapon damage, down from 100%
- The first and second bosses no longer drop guaranteed legendaries (well, the first one never did, but it was supposed to. Now it isn’t supposed to, and it doesn’t. Makes perfect sense.)
- Shadow Stalk now looks at tiles up to 2 squares away to spawn illusions if all adjacent spaces to you are full
- Spears can now proc Sneak Attack
- The acid bursts from the “Acidified” champion mod are now somewhat less brutally damaging
- Failed rumors are now removed from the quest log immediately, rather than waiting for next round.
- Fixed various bugs that could occur with dialog boxes, related to ‘conversation’ (portrait) code.
- Fixed visual bug with when the “Extra Turn” log notification happened, so it actually occurs ON your free turn not after.
- If you have more than 3 Lucid Orb Shards in your inventory with the same modifier, multiple orbs will be produced as necessary, with unused Shards left over.
- Fixed discrepancies with the displayed vs. gameplay values of various healing items and food.
- Fixed various LOS bugs related to targeting tiles revealed by pets and Eagle Eye (this also affects monsters being able to see you in these situations).
- Fixed rare edge case LOS bug where you could see a monster and hit it with a ranged attack by clicking, but NOT hit it with targeted abilities
- Fixed bug that occurred if you used a Knight’s Shovel and reloaded the level. More tiles than intended were cleared.
- Fixed the JP cost display for Mace and Claw masteries to display the correct cost of 1000 JP.
- Weapon mods like “Wasting” which add extra elemental damage now work with Spears when attacking at range=2.
- The illusions summoned during the second boss fight no longer drop loot, so the fight is no longer a veritable fountain of treasure
- Fixed some bad bugs that could happen when breeding certain pets.
- Monsters now move around in the Corral again, hooray!
- The modified version of Cloak and Dagger now requires two unique targets, as intended, rather than allowing you to hit the same target twice.
- Fixed bug where the ranged attack icon was showing up when you were out of range, not in range
- The “Overdrawing” weapon mod should now work correctly if you are clicking to fire at enemies with the mouse
- Dusk Reaver’s proc now drains Stamina/Energy as intended
- Aquamarine no longer has a buy value of 0g
- Attempted fixes for issues relating to the Monsterpediologist, Distant Dream Dungeon, and Monster Whisperer achievements
- Upon beating the second boss, you are now rewarded with a one-time use baller healing item.
- HuSyn’s Photon Cannon now targets two unique areas based on line of effect from Mirai and the Runic Crystal. This means that targets no longer need to be in your line of sight to be hit by the Crystal’s beam.
Build b102b (14 February 2018)
- Some balance changes only apply to new characters, as loot is generated on world creation.
- 3rd boss is now harder
- Final boss phase 2 is now harder
- Fixed ingame values for tier 2-4 Weapon masteries (only the text was changed before)
- Another pass at fixing black screen error due to bad shop data
- “Lightweight” weapon mod should never spawn on 2H / Claws
- Fixed sprite draw layer issue on stairs and the Dreamcaster
- Fixed bug where knocked-out monsters were not recognized
- Another attempted fix for bug where equipment bonuses in NG+ were not active until re-equipping
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Cursor will now only change to a bow if you have a ranged weapon and you can hit the enemy from your current range. Otherwise, it will be a regular pointer, indicating that no attack is possible from your current position.
- Clarified in the shop sell item interface the sale value of individual items AND stacks of that item
Build b102 (13 February 2018)
- Some balance changes only apply to new characters, as loot is generated on world creation.
- Added visual block effect indicating when a physical skill has been blocked
- Increased respawn rate on floors 18 and 19
- Autobarrier now has a 100% chance to block any blockable physical skill as well. If you are NOT using a shield, it will still work on physical skills!
- When starting a new HARDCORE character on an existing save, previous meta progress is now removed (except for unlocks, recipes, monsterpedia)
- Lightning Jab stamina cost increased to 30 (up from 20)
- Summoned pets in New Game+ now gain +25% base Health
- Thundering Lion charges now last 99 turns (up from 35)
- Fixed some audio bugs with effects like Vital Bleed procs
- Fixed bug with Examine mode on keyboard/controller
- Fixed bug with “Switch Places” option for NPCs, where if you switched floors and returned the NPC would be non-interactable until reloading the game
- Attempted fixes at strange pet bug that could occur where pets became inert after being resuced once from the corral (hey, maybe they were traumatized from the experience)
- Fixed bug where hero sprite could disappear behind some tiles after being pulled
- Quick Stepping on to Deadly Void should no longer cause you to take damage twice in the same turn
- Yet another pass at ensuring Rose Petals don’t spawn anywhere before doing the romance quest
- Fixed game load error that occurred if you saved with a certain weapon pairing setup
- Attempted fix for bosses sometimes dropping duplicate legendary items
- Attempted fix at monster breeding error that could sometimes occur and cause a trainwreck
- Fixed bug that could occur when going into zones with some merchants
- Vital point effects should no longer reflect if attacking a Barrier enemy
- Fixed bug with Wild Cards skills where a Full House was not properly recognized
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added full effect description for elemental protection scrolls
- Fixed Pumpkin & Pumpkin Bread status text (was incorrectly showing lower effect values)
- If you press “F” to fire a ranged weapon while holding a melee weapon, and you cancel the ranged targeting, you will now revert to the melee weapon
Build b101c (13 February 2018)
- Some balance changes only apply to new characters, as loot is generated on world creation.
IMPORTANT WEAPON SWAPPING CHANGE!
- Awhile back, we added the ability to auto-switch to a ranged weapon if you pressed the “Fire Ranged Weapon” key, or if you simply clicked on a monster. This was convenient, but many of you asked for a way to quickly or automatically switch back to the melee weapon you were using before.
- In this build, we’ve done just that. Let’s say you have a Sword equipped. You click on a monster at ranged, which switches to a Bow on your hotbar and fires it. Previously, that Bow would remain equipped. Now, at the end of the game turn, the Sword will equip automatically again!
- This does mean that for the monsters’ turns after you act, you will still have the Bow equipped. Therefore, this is not actually a balance change, it’s strictly a “Quality of Life” improvement, saving you the click(s) of switching back to your melee weapon on your next turn.
- There are now custom cursor graphics that change based on context! Hover over an enemy at range (if you have a ranged weapon available) and a bow icon will appear. Hover on an NPC and a talk icon will appear. etc.
- Reduced the spawn rate of legendaries in the Casino shop
- Tornados spawned by champions should no longer pull you through walls. Also, if you are NOT moved by a tornado for any reason, you will not take damage from it.
- Slightly toned down damage of summoned player pet weapon damage, and Floraconda’s base damage
- Bed of Thorns damage 33% -> 25% of Spirit Power per turn
- “Cruel Crusher” mastery adjusted - now deals 20% damage (down from 35%) to enemies Stunned in the last 2 turns (up from last turn)
- The effect of Armillary Mirrors now applies to your main hand, but not your offhand. Was just a little too bonkers otherwise
- Hunter’s Grappling Hook cooldown 6 -> 7 turns, Stamina cost 20 -> 25
- Brigand’s Escape Artist Stamina cost 20 -> 25
- Vine Swing no longer restores Energy
- Reduced drop rate of gear by about ~20% and increased drop rate of food/consumables
- Reduced overall base item drop rate by about 10%
- Starting at around floor 8, implemented an internal loot filter that will drop fewer Common and Uncommon items. (This does not replace them with higher-rarity items, it simply won’t drop as much garbage.)
- Assassin Fists (Fist Mastery 2) now increases unarmed crit damage by 40% with attacks, 10% with skills (down from 75% and 25%)
- The duration of Confidence stacks from Fighting Spirit (Fist Mastery 3) is now a base of 4 turns instead of 6
- Weapon mastery tiers 2-4 now cost +200 JP each. We felt it was a little too easy for players to max out multiple Weapon Masteries without thinking about it.
- A number of job Passive abilities now cost 100-200 more JP each.
- The Casino should no longer spawn NG+ only items such as Ring of Midas
- Fixed bug where quest monsters had a status called “Default”
- Fixed bug where pet insurance sometimes did not trigger, OR triggered but left a ‘ghost’ pet, or any number of other weird states.
- You should now be able to add Skill orbs to equipment that would otherwise be maxed out on mods (1st skill orb is intended to be free, and not count toward mod total)
- You should no longer be able to put your fists in your offhand, causing various problems
- Fixed bug with Lucid Orbs and Lucid Orb Shards sometimes not working properly when splitting stacks at the bank or in shops
- Attempted fix at issue where dying in New Game+ adventure mode would sometimes disable your Innate passive abilities
- Fixed bug where dialog window width would enlarge after an Adventure mode KO, and not return to normal
- Fixed bugs that could occur where Adventure mode state was not always set correctly
- If wielding a ranged weapon, the Parry chance on your character sheet will correctly show as 0%
- You really should not be able to auto-target Pandora’s Boxes with ranged weapons
- You can really no longer kill the target dummy with Snake Eyes
- Rumor completion dialog should no longer popup at the same time as the Game Over dialog
QUALITY OF LIFE
- After touching the keyboard or controller (which hides the mouse cursor), the invisible mouse cursor will no longer pop up the examine/hover info bar
Build b101b (13 February 2018)
- Some balance changes only apply to new characters, as loot is generated on world creation.
- The Health of your corral pets now works differently. Corral pets will always have at least as much base Health as you do, and will gain Health as you level up. Their Health will be even higher if their original Health (when they were enemies) was high. Breeding monsters and adding JP can raise the value yet further.
- Overall, this change means you will have much more durable pets, particularly early on in the game. At the same time, pets will no longer be able to hit insane Health values (5,000+), even with breeding.
- Increased frequency of bows appearing in shops
- Corral pets now generate with 5-7 “Loved” foods instead of 2-4
- Fixed ancient bug with examine mode getting “stuck” to your last hit target when using keyboard/controller
- Fixed bug with Corrupting Piercers’ poison damage not procing at range
- Fixed bug where re-entering the final boss room after beating the game could trigger game state problems
- It should no longer be possible to spend more than your current JP while breeding monsters
- Fixed bug where Food Cart inventory would get cleared without giving you gold
- Fixed bug where opened portals would not save after transitioning back to town from the dungeon or an Item Dream. This could cause problems with portals disappearing if you immediately closed the game without saving once arriving in town.
- Fixed Casino bug that could occur if you started playing Chinchirorin but exited before rolling yourself
- Attempted fix for bug where some shops could refresh their inventory with no items in them.
- Fixed bug where Shield Mastery was not working
- Fixed bugs with monster breeding where the relationship would develop before the breeding check, which led to inconsistent results. It now develops after, meaning Jesse must say “Something special might happen!” for breeding to occur.
- Fixed bug that could occur when swapping places with NPCs, particularly Jorito in the Elemental Lair
- Attempted fix for bug where items with the affinity “No Champions” occasionally still spawned champions
- “Hold the Moon” Skill Orb is now working properly again
- Legendary items should no longer spawn with magic mods in any shop
- Fixed bug with Runic Crystals where the buff status could sometimes stick permanently
- Fixed bug where some recipes could not be cooked from the recipe book even though that should have been possible
- Changed the tag on some dialogs marked “Key Story” (thus Escape/Cancel acted as “Confirm” unintentionally)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You should now be able to pair things with your Fists, such as (but not limited to) the Ascetic’s Handwrap.
- Monster pets in the corral now have a happiness meter underneath their current happiness level. You can now see how close the monster is to its next happiness level.
- Removed Pandora’s Box text indicating that monster rewards are increased along with difficulty. (This is not a balance change; the text here was simply wrong.)
Build b101a (09 February 2018)
- NOTE: Some balance changes only apply to new characters, as loot is generated on world creation.
- Added some visuals to the Food Cart. When it produces money, coins will actually spring forth from the cart itself.
- Generally softened the difficulty of monsters in Fungal Caves and Old Amber Station. These monsters now have slightly lower damage, charge time, and accuracy: Plunderer, Mad Chemist, Treasure Hunter, Rock Viper, Mottled Sandjaw, Ember Spirit, River Spirit, Floraconda, Bog Frog
- Increased max possible cost of items in the Casino, particularly legendary items
- Changed the two bosses in the 2nd boss fight so that only one of them drops loot
- Reduced legendary drop rate by about 25%
- Increased drop rate of bows and crossbows by about 50%
- It no longer costs a turn to switch gear earlier on in the dungeon. This only begins happening when you are deeper, around 9F. (The tutorial popup text has been changed to reflect this.)
- Reduced the number of foods “Food Loving” monsters are interested in, limiting to generally easier-to-acquire (or make) foods / meals
- Assassin Gloves now gives a bonus to Swords, Spears, Axes, Claws, 2H Swords and Daggers (instead of just Spears + Daggers)
- Toned down damage of tornados spawned by champions
- You no longer get JP for discovering Secret Areas
- Somewhat reduced the JP reward for clearing combat Side Areas
- Herbs created by Foraging now last 1 extra turn
- Reduced Fullness times for almost all non-Health restorative foods; some by 50% or more
- Monster corral pets will now have 99 Charge Time gain by default (many early monsters have much lower charge time, which could lead to your pets falling behind frequently)
- Fixed bug with hovering over Soulkeeper on character screen
- Fixed bug with “Cost to Master: 0” text appearing under some abilities (was not intended to appear anywhere)
- Removed often buggy gold cost in the “Expand Storage” dialog option (just read the banker’s text to see the cost)
- Fixed bug where a corrupt save could sometimes cause you to spawn in the middle of the waterfall in Riverstone Camp
- “Frogmaster” champion mod should no longer spawn with “Conjurer”
- If your “Friendship Forest” quest state is screwed up (i.e. found Rose Petals without actually completing the quest, for whatever reason), restarting the game will now automatically unlock Wild Child
- Rose Petals should no longer appear in shops until you finish the Friendship Forest quest
- Path to Tangledeep and Casino 2F should no longer show up as rumor destinations, or Talrose locations
- Fixed bug where selling stacks of items would sell for (stack quantity) x (full stack price) instead of (stack quantity) x (individual item price)
- Fixed bug where Barrier / Turtling champions were reducing damage from all directions, not just the directions of the shields
- Fixed bug with the Unlock Job/Feat dialogues where the wrong text string was sometimes used
- Fixed bug where withdrawing lucid orb shards from the bank would sometimes cause them to not combine in your inventory
- Fixed visual bug where using a Knight’s Shovel on some map objects would cause them to remain in place
- Most likely fixed some bugs where your game’s ‘mode’ setting (Heroic, Adventure, Hardcore) could sometimes be corrupted and change, for example when starting New Game+.
- Fixed bug with Cat Ear Headband charming 100% of the time (far more than intended)
- Judo Sash no longer interferes with unarmed powers of Budoka - simply does not do anything if equipped as that job
- Fixed bug where teleporting with a Crab attached to you would sometimes create a ghost crab in town
- It should no longer be possible to interact with the main HUD during dialog sequences (which can cause various game state problems)
- Fixed bug with skill hotbars where you could manage to get a skill from one character (or even one save slot) to another based on the cursor state
- It should no longer be possible to move the Target Dummy under any circumstances
- Fixed bug where the state of chopped trees could get messed up and leave unchoppable ghost trees on the map
- Fixes for some camera jank issues related to pull effects
- Fixed bug where Quick Step targeting was not always accurate and would allow you to cast on an impassable square
- Fixed bug related to depositing and withdrawing multiples of the same Lucid Orb from the bank
- Fixed bug where Running Boots and some other passive non-combat effects were messing with the “out of combat” turn counter (and, in turn, Sneak Attack)
- Fixed bug with the log text related to attacking non-Wraith monsters while cursed by a Wraith
- Fixed bug where the Red Orb Shard callout / quest would not start
- Fixed bug where Furious Crescendo was not getting a damage bonus from song level as intended
- Delayed Teleport should no longer fire if you switch maps
- Brigand’s “Stealth Bomber” should now work with the modified Cloak & Dagger orb
- Fixed bug where certain statuses like Heavy Guard and Radiant Aura would continue to produce certain effects even if you were below the Stamina/Energy requirement
- Fixed bug where Casino game buttons would sometimes disappear
- Added a feature where, if your saved maps or meta progress is corrupted due to power outage or PC shutdown, you should still be able to keep playing your character in a new world.
- Added recovery features to salvage save files with corrupt Item Dream data
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added “Switch Places” dialog option to Jorito in the Elemental Lair and Langdon’s dialogs in the Jelly Grotto
- Pressing the “Cancel” key (ESCAPE by default on keyboard) now functions as “Confirm” if you are going through unskippable dialogs
- The XP bar now resets to the far left when you level up, rather than filling up to the right more and more
- Armor Masteries learned from quest should now auto-equip once learned
- Powerups should now prioritize landing in any open tile, as opposed to tiles with literally nothing in them
- Auto targeting from using a ranged weapon will no longer auto-lock on to Pandora’s Boxes (you must manually target them)
- The separate breed of Mottled Sandjaw in some lava areas is now called “Heated Sandjaw” for clarity in rumors etc.
Build b100e (08 February 2018)
- A number of quests, such as the Armor Master, or unlocking the Wild Child job, were stalling out and unable to be completed. These quests should be completable now. If your current character was stalled on one of these and still can’t finish them, please let us know in the Discord or game forums.
- Some dialogs were causing the game to get stuck. This happened during some of the in-game conversations, as well as occasionally with the New Game+ dialog. These issues have been corrected.
- Blackjack hands with multiple Aces are now calculated in the player’s best interest.
- Legendary items drop much less often at the early levels.
- Food drops slightly less often at later difficulty levels.
- Fixed various bugs with the Food Cart
- Fixed bugs when pressing the “View Help” button
- Fixed bug that occurred when pressing the reset keybindings buttons on the Options menu
- Fixed bug where elemental auras on champions would sometimes get very big
- Probably fixed bugged “Dream Destroyer” achievement
- Fixed dialog about the Dreamcaster that appeared in the Branching Meadow and was difficult to close
- Fixed bugs with certain side areas not marking as “Cleared” and not continuing quests (such as Friendship Forest). If you were having problems with these areas, try returning and they should correctly mark as cleared.
- Fixed music bug when talking to Erin in Riverstone about a certain character
- Dialogs in Central Processing will no longer pop up as often
- Fixed rare error that could occur with wandering monster spawns
- Fixed bug that could cause newly-bred monsters to have -infinity weapon power (oops)
- Fixed bug that could happen with pre b100 save files making portals never appear
- Fixed bug that occasionally made passive abilities like Soulkeeper’s “Echo Collector” not work, even when they appeared to be equipped
- Fixed bug that could sometimes prevent games from loading (!)
- Fixed bug that could occur when immediately trying to Buddy Up with the tutorial frog
- Fixed bug with trying to use Reverberate Monster on plain Monster Echoes
- Staves no longer count as melee weapons for Shield Mastery
- Attempted to fix bug where the ‘wandering shopkeeper’ message would appear sometimes and overwrite the Game Over box
- Kahandran’s Robe proc should show in the log properly again
- Fixed bug/exploit where you could reap the rewards for finding an area via rumor multiple times
- Attempted fix for bug that would occasionally produce 2 rumors for the same target item
- Fixed bad description for Sheriff’s Belt: it increases damage TO bandits by 20%, and decreases damage FROM bandits by 20%
- Fixed bug where Wild Child did not gain core stats per level
- Food cart callout should no longer occur if you don’t have a live adult tree
- You should no longer be able to open the banker “deposit items” window if you are maxed out on items in the bank
- Rumors with requirements will no longer appear until you are at least level 4
- Lower level items will no longer ever spawn Nightmare Princes (item must be around rank 5)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Hovering over / examining terrain (mud, lava, electric, water) will now give a brief description of its primary effect
- Pressing and holding both brackets [ and ], then pressing the ‘r’ key will now forcibly delete your ‘player preferences’ file. You can then restart the game and all your binding info will be reset to defaults. This is useful if for some reason you completely jacked your keybindings.
- Deadly Void damage now appears in the combat log
Build b100c (05 February 2018)
- A couple of small (but important) bug fixes.
Build b100b (02 February 2018)
- Fixed a small bug involving a lategame encounter
- Fixed 2 other minor bugs
Build b100 (01 February 2018)
- Dirtbeak now gets his very own portrait
- 2nd boss fight “Shadow Bolt” attack now has unique art
- Better frosted ground art from Frosted Jellies
- Non-placeholder playing card art
- Radiant Aura Energy cost increased from 7 -> 9 per block (8 -> 10 for upgraded version)
- Reduced legendary drop rate considerably in the earlier levels (it was tuned very high!)
- Slightly reduced Orb of Reverie drop chance and magic item drop chance
- Low rank equipment will no longer ever spawn with lots of mods. You can still add them via Dreamcaster
- You can no longer use your Portal during the final boss fight!
- You can now use “Reverberate Monster” on any monster echo / powerup
- Slightly reduced powerup drop rate
- Buying items from Ruby Moon in the Desert Oasis now costs about 3x as much
- Chance of Campfire floor in Item Dream has been lowered
- Fixed bug with ^tags^ showing up in dialog responses
- Fixed bug where charming a monster in a side area would cause it to clear
- Fixed bug where using a Job Change scroll via keyboard/controller would cause the cursor to disappear
- Fixed bugs with saving and loading in the final boss fight phase 2 room after beating it
- Probably fixed bug where the game over dialog could be overtaken by other dialogs
- Reduced the number of randomly-occurring “food loving” monsters (you should no longer see them unless you accept a rumor)
- Monsters with elemental auras should no longer be visible out of LOS
- Spicy Tacos properly gain +damage from Chemist items
- Highland Charge no longer charges through walls and monsters
- The camera should now update when pulled by monsters with Hurricane / Tornado
- Merchants with higher-than-normal prices will now apply these prices to items you’ve sold to them
- You should no longer get Campfire floors as soon as you enter an Item Dream
- You should no longer be able to cast “Reverberate Monster” on a tile with both a powerup and a monster - previously, you would spend the Echoes but get nothing
- Spawned powerups should probably not hop over walls now
- Even more anti-ghost monster checks
- Fixed some parallax jank in the Branching Vista
- Fixed camera bumpiness in the 2nd boss fight cutscene
- New secret high level encounter involving the Dreamcaster… plus new monsters and a new boss!
- More story content before the final boss battle!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Clarified # of items sold when you check the Food Cart
- You can now immediately hotkey already-learned abilities from the “Learn Abilities” tab via keyboard
- When switching hotbar weapons, you will see a little popup of the item you switched to
Build b099d (30 January 2018)
- Various new icons and effect art (including Caltrops),
- New elemental aura effect used for Spellshaper auras and various elemental affinity champions (Blazing, Toxic, etc)
- Updated Runic Crystal art
- Various updated FX such as explosions
- Minimap has been completely updated with informative sprites!
- Much improved art for HuSyn’s “Photon Cannon”
- Soundtrack DLC updated with 5 more tracks: two trailer themes, new Sadness theme, and the original full versions of the tracks by Kikuta-san and Hibino-san
- Toned down some over-tuned Health values in NG+
- Reduced density, spawn rate in Fungal Caverns further
- Time no longer passes no matter what when you complete an Item Dream. The chance of time passing now scales based on the level of the dream compared to your level. Dreams that are far below your level will not cause time to pass.
- Reduced proc rate of Friendly Thunder Spirit’s paralyze attack from 50% to 25% and gave it a per-enemy cooldown.
- Skill Orbs now have a good chance to drop specifically for a skill you already know
- The first Skill Orb on an item no longer counts toward its mod total. This means your gear can have up to 6 mods: five normal mods plus one skill mod. (Two-handed weapons can have up to 9 this way.)
- Reduced damage of Spicy Tacos
- Fixed bug with invisible walls in certain tile sets / areas such as Bandit Library
- Particle systems will now die immediately with monsters
- Fixed bug where changing jobs would sometimes not automatically activate innate job abilities until you switched areas
- When clearing save data and restarting in a slot, your list of known lore drops should be flushed from memory
- Fixed occasional visual bug on Equipment screen where equipped slots would sometimes turn yellow and stay that way
- Fixed bug where pressing “View Help” from options menu would cause character bar to linger
- You should be able to reliably fast travel to either of the Branching areas after reaching them once
- Fixed bug where Romantic Coffee did not count as a romantic meal in the corral (gasp)
- Fixed display scaling error with the ending credits roll
- Finally fixed opening logo ‘snapping’ into place and not fading out immediately
- Fixed rare monster behavior error that could occur
- You can no longer sell Dream items in Item Dreams
- Fixed bug that could occasionally happen with corrupt quest/rumor data
- Fixed squish text on first time load (select control method prompt)
- Fixed bug where getting pulled by a monster during a ‘push’ effect could sometimes screw up your character rotation
- When failing a rumor, the quest target icon should disappear from the target monster(s)
- Fixed bug with Charm effects not working
- Fixed bug where character portraits could appear and text could get messed up on Game Over screens
- Final boss story cutscenes are implemented - you can enjoy the full story of Tangledeep!
- New legendary ring (NG+ only)
- When breeding monsters, in order for monster stats to increase beyond the average of the two parents’ stats, you must now train the monster by contributing JP. The amount of JP you contribute influences the amount of health, stat, and weapon power growth. Higher level monsters and rarer monsters are capable of more growth but will also require more JP.
- You may now pay W.R. Chimperton III (the banker) to expand your max item storage limit. Each storage upgrade increases capacity by 5 items, but costs an increasing amount of gold.
- You can now open up a business with Langdon selling your excess food in a Food Cart. Once you have at least one mature tree, he’ll call out to you and tell you the details.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added new “Verbose Combat Log” option which shows more combat log messages such as when attacks miss, equipment is changed, monsters are rooted or repositioned, etc.
- Monsters marked for rumors now have a little quest icon above their heads
- The Runic Crystal’s charge bar (for the skill modified version) now swaps to above the crystal if the crystal is directly above you.
- The combat log now marks offhand attacks as (Offhand Wpn)
- Log messages will no longer print if a fighter gains a status they already have
- Rearranged certain log messages to ensure the attacker’s name always comes before the defender’s
- Clarified log messages involving healing to indicate the source of the healing effects
- Added a 4th save slot
- All instances of “Disarmed” now changed to “Paralyzed”
- All-new list of random pet names for when you’re too lazy to name your pets
Build b.099a (25 January 2018)
- New and improved character sheet UI! Shows information about your pet as well!
- Adjusted dialog box opacity so you can see what’s going on a bit better
- New Sleep Trap, Smoke Cloud FX
- New FX when the following effects are triggered: Skirmisher, Two-Finger Catch (and Barrier/Turtle Shield reflects), all Vital Points
- Improved Divine Fury animation
- Healing popup numbers are now a little bigger, and last a little longer
- A whole bunch of other new icons and FX
- Damage dealt by monsters in New Game+ has been scaled up so that their damage now reflects their current level, likewise Health values scale up properly with new Monster level.
- Monster density in New Game+ has been increased
- Monsters in New Game+ now gain 4 levels from their Normal counterparts (and have a minimum level of 12, instead of 9)
- Monsters in New Game+ are now more aggressive
- “Poison Air” mechanic removed
- The chance of finding Nightmare Shards from Nightmare Princes is no longer a guaranteed minimum of 20%. Now, Worthless princes will never drop shards, and the overall chances of getting one are about ~20% lower on average. (Your best chance is to fight a Prince in a higher level item.)
- Removing or Extracting mods from items via Dreamcaster can now cost more than 1 Orb of Reverie. The cost scales up based on the strength of the magic mod and the rank of the item. Legendary items and Casino/Nightmare mods will also nudge up the overall cost (max of 6 orbs).
- Reduced spawn rate of Elixirs in the casino shop
- Corral monsters will no longer enjoy Monster Chow if they are at a certain Happiness level.
- Fixed bug that prevented you from depositing casino tokens
- Fixed bug with certain staircases / doors not allowing travel
- Fixed bug with various recipes involving chili peppers
- You can no longer hurt yourself with Spicy Tacos
- Fixed occasional game error that could occur when feeding Monster Chow to Coolfrogs
- Fixed several character sheet display errors (powerup drop chance >100% with Foraging items, block chance that could dip below 0%)
- Fixed bug that could occur with looting certain quest items
- Removed references to “Ancient Dream” (test area)
- Fixed minor monsterpedia scaling / text issues
- Fixed classification of a couple Legendary items that were showing up as Magical
- Fixed game errors related to Runic Crystal upgrade skill
- Fixed major bug where you could complete the same side area repeatedly
- Fixed bug where you could not heal from Percy if you selected the JP option but didn’t have enough gold for the gold option
- You can no longer be pulled by tornado / hurricane effects if you are wearing equipment that makes you immovable
- Mud and electric tiles should no longer stack, causing visual anomalies
- Fixed bugs with fast travel locations not being visitable (you may need to re-visit these areas once first)
- Fixed minor camera jitter on load
- Fixed bug where stored monster turns (such as charge attacks) did not save their player target list correctly
- Visuals for Photon Cannon look better now with no overlapped/broken up sprites. Mostly
- Fixed bug with damage element icons in the log looking darkened or not appearing at all at times
- Fixed level switch bug that could happen when spawning certain Item Dreams
- May have finally fixed the issue with certain combinations of pets producing ‘ghost’ actors
- Our story continues before and during the third boss fight… (new characters only)
- Added several diabolical new champion mods exclusive to New Game+ mode: Lead-Touched, Shocking, Plaguebearer, Detonating
- Memory Kings in Item Dreams of higher level will now have 1 unique champion mod to make the encounter tougher. These are powerful, so watch out! Lifesap, Heal-Dampening, Negator, Frogmaster
- New legendary hammer! (Low level)
- New legendary hood! (Low level)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You can now fast travel to the Desert Oasis
- Options sliders now show % where applicable
- You can now cook multiple recipes in a row (quickly) from your cookbook, as well as see at a glance which recipes you can’t make due to lack of ingredients
- Any pets/summons you have will now poof to you if they are out of range for too long (unless they are actively fighting something)
- Food-loving monsters are now much quicker to de-aggro you if you hit them by mistake
- “Pet Insurance” status is now saved if you go from a regular game to New Game+
- Monsterpedia progress is now saved in Hardcore
Build b.098d (18 January 2018)
- New graphics for Blessed Hammer (infused with Wrath), Phoenix Wing, Delayed Teleport, Dimension Jump
- New block, parry sprite FX
- New element / spell icon FX for many abilities
- New art for summoned Bear Traps, Manabombs
- Blocking an attack with Autobarrier now has a custom effect
- Fixed up the Rumor journal ui a bit so the text doesn’t get as small when multiple rewards are involved
- Changed around the location of certain music cues
- Item Dreams now have an expanded music selection (randomized)
- If you have 25 Flask charges, fountains will now only give you 1 charge instead of 2.
- You will now find less food in the upper levels of Tangledeep.
- Food that previously made you Full for 20 turns now only makes you full for 16
- You can now use Chili Peppers to make Smoothies
- Global loot drop chance reduced very slightly
- Newly-dropped Tycho’s Thunder now gets +15% Lightning damage on top of the +15% all element bonus
- Fixed minor bug where on the Job selection/change screen, clicking a job then clicking another job would yield incorrect skill hover information
- The Bull Floraconda summoned by modified Summon Floraconda will now be destroyed by Thornsplosion as intended
- Fixed bug where the rescued Craggan Mine would disappear when talking to him again
- Fixed bug where if monsters or NPCs were stacked on stairs when entering a map, they would leave a ghost copy behind on the stairs
- Fixed bug with Casino Shop not accepting tokens
- Using a controller, you should be able to push the “Cancel” button on the job select screen (i.e. changing jobs at Percy)
- Fixed bug where ingredient quantities would not update on the cooking screen
- Fixed bug with keyboard/controller where, when using some abilities with limited targeting (such as Portal Ring’s Dimension Jump) you would not have a target indicator to select a square.
- Fixed game error that could occur when using Call Elemental Spirit on some tiles
- Fixed bug where Chicken Pot Pie and Spicy Tacos had the same ingredients… oops (you can no longer use Peppers as part of Chicken Pot Pie)
- Fixed Campfire menu ‘rest’ option not working depending on how you got there
- Fixed bug where some pets required more happiness to Buddy Up than was possible to obtain
- Fixed issue with ‘ghost’ equipment and inventory buttons in an empty item list; fixed similar issue on the Skill sheet
- The afterimage visual effect now properly flips sprite X/Y as needed, and no longer shows through fog of war
- Fixed bug where certain innate passives such as Job mastery abilities could become disabled, and would not be re-equippable
- Fixed bug where certain pull abilities could cause a desync of actor locations on the map
- Fixed bug where Erin (quest giver) did not always show the “New Item” display
- Fixed bug where pressing the “Drop Item” key in the Inventory page would sometimes cause a disconnect of keyboard/controller navigation
- Fixed bug with certain targeted abilities
- Fixed bug where many abilities and conditions that affected block chance actually did nothing
- Fixed minor visual oddities when navigating the hotbar via controller
- Right stick no longer fast scrolls the Equipment list. To fast scroll on controller, hold down L2 and use left stick/dpad to scroll pages at a time. Right stick is intended to be used for secondary scrolling areas such as the “Bonuses from Gear” section
- Fixed bug where the slow ‘gear bonuses’ auto-scroll would fight the player if you were scrolling it with right stick
- (Probably) fixed bug where the same legendary could be used as a reward for multiple rumors
- Fixed bug where saving and reloading the game while using Delayed Teleport would not remember the teleport target square
- A new feature has been added to the Journal tab - the Monsterpedia! Monsters you defeat will be recorded here (and shared with all characters on your save slot). The more monsters you defeat, the more information you’ll see, ranging from the basics like their level and family, to their abilities and attributes.
- You can now heal to full at Percy in exchange for JP (cost scales up with level and times healed at your level, max of 300)
- New legendary staff, new legendary quiver
- Our story continues in the Branching Vista…
- Large optimization to how music is stored and loaded. This should drastically reduce the size of the game, and improve load times.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The “Diagonal Move Only” button can be pressed as an alternative to the “Compare Alternate” button in menus to achieve the same effect
- Controller can now be used to remove cooking items from the cooking UI (just hit “Cancel”)
- The Dreamcaster now has a new dialog option to discuss some of its features.
- Added hover tips for Health bar and the minimap on the player HUD
- Clarified monster happiness readout with a number; if a monster is not happy enough to be brought as a pet, the required threshold will be shown
- Your Inventory no longer auto/re-sorts when you open the Inventory tab. You must hit the sort button(s) to sort again. Also, newly picked up items now show up at the top of your inventory list again.
- Cleaned up Julia’s text in town.
- Expanded on various NPC dialogue.
Build b.098b (18 January 2018)
- Various polish and visual tweaks for certain skills
- Reformatted the interface a bit for the monster breeding screen! Should be much cleaner now.
- Fixed bug where movement skills that did not move the target would remove them from the map, while leaving a ghost copy on the map… somehow.
- Fixed bug with “Extra Turn Popup” not toggling on/off correctly
- You really. Actually. Positively. Cannot. Kill the Harmless Frog.
- Fixed bug where item information would not display when first opening a shop window
- Fixed bug where item descriptions would not update when scrolling down the list at a shop
- Fixed bug where keyboard / controller navigation in the shop could sometimes exit the shop unintentionally
- Fixed another bug in recipe logic when cooking at the campfire. If recipe 1 called for ingredients A+B, and you inserted ingredients A+B+C required for recipe 2, it would sometimes cook recipe 1. Now, the system will attempt to cook a recipe matching the # of ingredients you’ve entered. If it fails that, it will look for recipes accepting less than that number.
- Fixed bug where you would see the ‘Day’ notification on restarting, locked to “31”
- The Dreamcaster is now properly locked away again in Hardcore mode if you die with it unlocked
- The total days in your adventure are now reset to 0 with each death in Hardcore, as intended
- Fixed bug where you could not move off staircases using the new “beta” joystick move style
- Several fixes to side area map clear logic, which was affecting various quests. The game was sometimes counting player pets as monsters and thus would not allow some quest/clear logic to trigger.
- Attempted fix at game error that could occur with some “find item” rumors
- Fixed bug where you could not pair the same offhand to multiple mainhands
- Fixed minor graphical bug in the Nightmare tileset
- Fixed bug where Goldfrog gold stayed in one pile
- New high-level legendary Claw
- 6 new weapon mods related to elemental damage that ONLY appear on melee weapons
- Fresh coat of paint for the Casino. There’s a new visual skin and some new NPCs managing the games. Note that this will affect NEW saves/characters only.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Right stick on controller will now scroll the Journal combat log and the Bonuses from Gear window
- After selling a stack of items in the shop (or depositing, or withdrawing) the shop window will appear again
- The shortcut of “diagonal move only” plus any directional input now scrolls the Shop by pages at a time (just like equipment, inventory screens)
- Added a handy display for assigned key shortcuts when looking at any full screen UI (instantly jump to tabs by pressing them). This does not show up when using a controller
- A variety of new lore drops and journal pages can now be found throughout Tangledeep! Some relate to the story and background of the game world, others are more closely relevant to gameplay. Read carefully...
Build b.098 (12 January 2018)
- Powerups now ‘pop’ out of enemies
- Loot and coins also pop out of stuff
- Screen shake for crits!!!
- Knocking out a monster with a Monster Mallet now removes all negative status effects from that monster.
- The toxic clouds created by Mad Chemists now stay in place once summoned
- Reverted change where powerup drop chance varied based on distance between attacker and defender.
- Hitting an enemy at melee range now has a 20% chance (once per enemy) to create a powerup.
- Fixed major memory leak that occurred every time you changed maps (this eventually led to crashes after playing for awhile)
- Fixed bug where your Gambler hand would sometimes re-appear on screen if you had the HUD disabled (with H)
- Fixed bug with certain push, pull, and swap move effects that was leaving ghost actors on screen
- Fixed gamebreaking bugs that could occur with Cheat Death and other death-prevention effects
- Fixed crash that could occur when hovering over some Options controls
- Fixed navigation issues with the right column of the character sheet
- Possibly fixed bug with the ‘charging’ particle animation, where it could sometimes become Huge
- Fixed ugly and bad dialog box jank when closing. Now it’s ~ smooth ~
- Bug fixes to prevent situations where Friendship Forest quest could get messed up
- Added a new quest to the Elemental Lair, allowing you to learn an exclusive new passive skill (one of three Armor Masteries)
Build b.097c (12 January 2018)
- Color tweaks and "item use" poses for: Wild Child, Soulkeeper, HuSyn
- Various abilities now use different animations on the player sprite
- Improved animations for Force Blast, Thornsplosion, Ice Missile, Spellshape Ray effects
- Many dialogs now have cute little “Continue” and “Close” animations instead of single-word/phrase buttons
- Certain summoned objects that can spread (such as Creeping Death) now have a bit more animation to them
- Decreased animation time for the ‘character block’ on the menu screens
- Decreased animation time for menu fade in/out
- Terrain sprite animations are more lively and varied
- New “afterimage” effect for many jump / pull skills
- Monsters that receive negative statuses will play their hit animation
- Reduced Stamina and Energy costs for almost all abilities by around 15-20%. I felt that while advanced players with excellent resource management could usually get around these, many players (even roguelike veterans) found them to be prohibitively high. At the same time, melee jobs and abilities needed it more than ranged ones, so these melee powers generally received lower costs.
- Powerups now last 12 turns (down from 20). This should also help tilt things in favor of melee a bit, as defeating an enemy while far away may make it harder to reach a dropped powerup.
- Increased powerup chance a bit, more in Adventure mode
- Sword Dancer’s Flame Serpent can now be cast on walls
- You will no longer encounter champions on the first floor of Tangledeep
- Attempted fix at memory allocation error that occurred sometimes...?
- Stairs should no longer draw over the player
- Nightmare Orbs should be visible again from the Dreamcaster interface
- Casino Shark will no longer repeatedly give rewards for the basement quest if you enter and leave the basement
- Fixed weapon comparisons when holding the "Compare Alternate" button. If you hover over a weapon and hold the button, it will now compare to your offhand item.
- Really actually fixed bug where monsters killed with impact effects from abilities like Palm Thrust were not completely removed from the map
- Unequipping a weapon in your hotbar will now remove it from the hotbar
- Fixed bug that would allow you to (seemingly) equip an offhand item at the same time as a 2H weapon. This was a strictly visual bug but still very confusing.
- Fixed bug where the Equipment screen, on first load, opened with no category tabs selected (but was actually on the 'Weapons' category). Now, on first open, View All will be selected
- Fixed another game error related to the Notorious feat
- Fixed display error that could happen occasionally with the legendary item popup
- EXPERIMENTAL FIX: All messages about monsters being defeated (with xp/jp/gold rewards) now print at the END of the turn rather than in the middle of it.
- Removed ‘fancy’ pull animation from the new tornado / whirlwind champion effect to hopefully avoid bugs related to this effect
- Blessed Hammer will now properly appear if you cast it on yourself
- You should no longer be prompted to skip the tutorial on New Game+ (it just skips automatically)
- Fixed some irregularities that could occur when moving (or being moved) while anchoring an actor (such as Ice Tortoise shards)
- Fixed bug where pull effects would cause anchors (like Ice Tortoise) to not follow the hero
- Attempted fix for bug where you could return to tutorial maps unintentionally and cause problems
- Fixed bug where certain passive abilities like “Poker Player” would not stay unequipped
- Fixed bugs with Brigand’s “Sneak Attack” behavior not reliably ticking to restore itself
- Fixed improper resolution of Hunter’s ‘Spirit Wolf’
- More campfire encounters other than Muguzmo should now appear again
- Escape portal can no longer be used at campfires (was causing problems)
- Fixed visual bug with Bandit Spellslinger/Spellshaper hit animations being the same
- Fixed game error that could occur with ‘defeat champion’ quests
- Many fixes to options UI, which had a wide array of juicy bugs
- Enemy and player targeting tiles now draw above all map objects such as planks, so they are always visible
- Fixed bug where time was passing in the tutorial floors (not intended)
- Fixed bug where stat block information would linger on screen after abandoning a rumor
- Attempted fix for bug where “NEW!” popup icon would sometimes linger after switching maps
- Fixed bug where rapidly equipping weapons with paired offhands on the Equipment screen could eventually crash the game
- It should no longer be possible for monsters or blocking objects to end up on staircases that you have just ascended or descended (they will be moved aside when you switch to the new map)
- Fixed bug with Wild Child’s “Ice Traps” skill not creating enough traps
- Spellshape: Aura (was Spellshift) no longer stacks with any other Spellshifts/Spellshapes, as that would not make sense anyway
- Fixed various bugs with Unstable Magic not producing random elements when used with certain Shapes/Shifts
- Added a new feature in Adventure Mode to help players between level 3-9 that have exhausted their resources (healing items, flask charges). Percy will call out and offer to give you several dozen healing items, plus 10 flask charges, in exchange for taking away one XP level. You can do this a total of twice (again, adventure mode only.)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added a new notification in the upper right when time passes ingame
- Envenom Weapon (Brigand innate) now shows a buff icon when toggled
- Gambler’s “Gold Toss” now shows amount of gold used in the log
- Added an extra hint in the Dirtbeak fight
- Added a dialog option for some NPCs to switch places with them (so you don’t get stuck or blocked in certain dungeon areas)
- Condensed log text for damage-only abilities
- Various buff icons changed to match the abilities that generated them, rather than generic buffs (particularly for various Weapon Masteries)
- Casino Basement is now Casino 2F (upper level)
- Detonate Vines is now Thornsplosion
- Spellshift: Aura is now Spellshape: Aura
Build b.097 (12 January 2018)
- Fixed occasional bug that could cause map load errors in the "Ruined" tileset
- You can no longer kill the Target Dummy with 'Snake Eyes' (Roll the Dice 1+1 roll)
- The dialog cursor should no longer hang around after exiting the Dreamcaster UI
- Splash animation/sfx should no longer play if you step on water tiles with planks
- YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO KILL THE HARMLESS FROG?
- Fixed bug with permanent black fadeout during the shark campfire encounter
- Fixed game error that could occur when certain statuses are added but status stacks are maxed out
- You should now always get a prompt to skip the tutorial (or not)
- Fixed bug where Jorito would not teach you skills after calling out to you
- Fixed visual rendering error where sprites could draw on top of the player while moving north, sometimes
- Job, level, and portrait should now correctly update in the upper left of the menu UI
- Fixed bug that caused quest NPCs to occasionally not spawn (such as poor little Jellyboo)
- Page up/down in shop list UI should not miss the last item in the list anymore
- Fixed the double log message when learning weapon masteries
- Duke Dirtbeak should now always drop an Orb of Reverie, so you have something to use in the Dreamcaster
- Fixed game error that could occur if you failed a rumor with the requirement "can't use flask"
- Fixed display error with the champion requirement to learn the final Claw weapon mastery
- "NEW!" item display should not show up over NPCs that cannot restock goods
- Fixed bug with the 'guaranteed upgrade' display in the Dreamcaster for Light and Medium armor
- Fixed bug in weapon comparisons that over-weighted the effect of Swiftness on critical hit damage by a factor of 100x
- "Dream" items like Dream Knight's Shovels should no longer occasionally lose their names
- The 'Auto Equip Best Offhand' option should now always prioritize Favorited items, if you do not have any paired items
- Belak (hidden bomb shop merchant) will no longer restock
- Fixed various bugs with shop item tooltip not updating properly after buying/selling items
- Fixed bug with the new "consumable pack" quest reward, which was causing some quests to not have rewards at all
- Fixed bug with incorrect Lucid Orb Shard stacking and combinations
- Fixed game error that could occur sometimes when checking for the "Notorious" feat achievement
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You can now sell less than a stack of items at a time
- Monster powers learned by Wild Child will now get auto-added to the hotbar
- "Auto equip best offhand" should never equip weapons to your offhand now (as dual-wielding is not usually desirable)
- Regular Orbs of Reverie will now show at the top of the Dreamcaster again, above Lucid/Skill orbs
Build b096e (12 January 2018)
- “Appease Monster” and “Defeat Monster With Element” rumors are about half as common now, while “Find Area” rumors (if possible) are about 50% more common
- “Limited steps” rumor requirement is now more lenient
- “No flask”, “limited steps”, and “limited damage” rumor requirements now give more rewards
- Reduced chance to get a legendary item from rumors
- Really actually should not be able to kill the Harmless Frog now (poor frog)
- Fix for black screen error when changing levels (sometimes)
- Fixed bug with Phasing monsters’ reactive warp causing a mismatch of position and sprite
- Fixed bug with Ice Cream Sundae recipe
- It should no longer be possible to get rumors for legendary items that cannot be obtained (duplicates)
- Pressing the “Toggle Hotbar Radial” (now renamed to “Jump to Hotbar”) should no longer cause bad UI behavior
- Target dummy should be cleared of all negative statuses on map switch, and statuses should otherwise tick down at a normal rate
- Pets pulled by Whirlwind champions should no longer cause camera movement
- Fixed bug where the “step move style” overlay would sometimes linger on screen if the option was toggled on then off
- Fixed bug where the Craggan Mine Rescue quest would sometimes not complete properly
- The hero should no longer draw in front of portals if you are one tile north of them
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Right analog stick on controller can now be used to scroll the combat log on the main HUD
- You can now (optionally) skip the tutorial maps
Build b096a (12 January 2018)
- Various new FX and art updates
- After defeating bosses, the “post-boss” music will now play if you leave and return to the area
- Restored sound cue when flipping through UI pages
- Various other new SFX cues
- Boss music will now play when you engage a Nightmare Queen (and victory music will play if you win!)
- The game should now keep track of the current music track for every map, and load that track when the game (or map) is reloaded, rather than sometimes randomizing it.
- Certain monsters with ranged attacks, such as Quillkins, Spinebros, and Bandit bowmen, now have a 50% damage penalty at melee range (just like the player). This generally does not apply to ‘special’ ranged attacks like stingers, rock tosses, and elemental attacks.
- Increased the scaling of gold, JP, and XP rewards based on level
- Increased the chance of getting Lucid Orbs and Skill Orbs from completing rumors (you must have reached a certain floor in the dungeon before this can occur)
- Added a flat % chance to get a legendary or set item for completing a rumor
- Item rewards from rumors are now guaranteed to be magical equipment - never single consumables
- It is now possible to get restorative consumable packs as rewards (3-5 items per pack)
- You will no longer hear rumors more than one floor higher than your highest point
- Plunderers no longer spawn on Floor 4, and are a little less common on Floor 5
- Toned down spawn rate / monster density on Floor 4.
- Bog Frogs no longer spawn on Floor 5
- Slightly nerfed Plunderers, Airacudas, Ember Spirits
- Hidden merchants found in secret areas/rooms no longer refresh their inventory stock.
- Nightmare Queens now get a champion mod from a special pool. Beware!
- Removed extra hovering “X” button from Journal tab
- Fixed bug where music would dip out after using a Tent, and not return
- Fixed description for “Razor Step” weapon mastery
- (Probably) fixed bug where selecting New Game on the title screen would sometimes not select the right slot, and some other weirdness
- Fixed bug with the ‘auto cook’ feature in the journal where, if you selected the recipe via controller/keyboard, it would always cook Fruit Bowls
- Fixed bug where Shop sort buttons were not mouse clickable
- Fixed some bugs relating to switching weapons and swapping around on the hotbar in the new Equipment UI
- Fixed bugs with pairing items from the new Equipment screen
- Fixed display error with Percy’s stated cost of healing you
- If save files are corrupted, the game will no longer fall over and die
- Attempted fix for issue with ‘ghost’ monsters dead but not removed from map
- Fixed bug with Budoka’s animation positioning
- New legendary quiver! (Finally!)
- New item set that Brigands will love!
- New champion type - “Whirlwind”. These monsters summon tornados around the battlefield that move around each turn, dealing damage if you touch them and flinging you toward the champion!
- And the harder version, “Hurricane”...
QUALITY OF LIFE
- If your character dies (regardless of mode), you will now see some game tips customized to the circumstances of your final moments, your character, and meta progress. Hopefully, these will help out newer players and those who aren’t aware of certain important tactics and resources.
- “Food-loving” monsters now loudly beg for food
- Legendary item animation & popup
- The tile set for campfires (rest areas) now matches the tile set of the previous area you were in (NOTE: This may not work for existing saves)
- Further toned down the density of Fungal Caverns and Old Amber Station
- Changed some job stat bonuses, generally benefitting melee jobs. See below.
- Paladin gets an extra +5 Str/Disc
- Brigand gets an extra +5 Str/Guile
- Edge Thane gets an extra +20 Health, +3 Str
- Sword Dancer gets an extra +5 Str/Guile
- Budoka gets an extra +5 Str/Disc
- Wild Child gets an extra +5 Str/Guile
- Gambler gets an extra +10 Str
- HuSyn gets an extra +10 Disc
- The chance of getting a Campfire while exploring new floors now increases over time if you haven’t seen one in awhile.
- Campfire maps now always have a fountain as well
- Certain rumors should no longer appear in the Research Alcoves
- Fixed quest generation bug
- Fixed quest description (damage type) bug
- Another attempt to fix ‘ghost monsters’, as well as bug where the Harmless Frog could sometimes die
- Possibly fixed some sprite rendering oddities with planks in Item Dreams
- Dropping stacks of items will now exit the Consumables page as intended
- Fixed occasional shop error when all items were purchased
- Fixed rare monster behavior error
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added a log message when you have almost cleared a side area, letting you know the number of monsters remaining. This message appears when there are <5 monsters and you defeat one, OR when you (re)enter the level.
Build b096 (28 December 2017)
- Several side area background updates
- More new visual FX and UI polish throughout the game
- New “use item” animations for a number of jobs
- New final boss phase 2 music (hype level S)
- New cooking SFX
- Final boss phase 2 now summons TWO phasma orbiters when struck with a ranged attack.
- Frostspike champions’ Ice Armor now deals slightly more damage, but now only reacts when struck at range.
- Acidified champions can now cast their Acid Burst at a longer range, but their melee burst deals less damage.
- Icedaggers champions now have a ranged attack
- Barrier and Turtling champions now use their shields from 100% health (up from 80 and 66%, respectively)
- Blinking and Phasing champions now have a passive ability that warps them closer to the attacker if struck by a ranged attack
- Powerup drop chance now decreases as you get further from your target.
- Fixed bug with some projectiles hanging around forever
- Fixed mouse bug on job change UI
- Fixed bug with Tent fadeout
- Fixed issue preventing you from clearing metadata in slot 1
- Fixed minor bug with character creation/job change mouse hover
- Lots of Equipment screen bug fixes, including missing buttons from the old UI (pair w/ mainhand, equip to offhand)
- Fixed bug with duplicated/ghost abilities on hotbar
- When at max level, your “to next level” XP required will now show as equal to your current XP, indicating you’re at max level.
- Fixed missing text on Blackjack’s “Hit Me” button
- Fixed game bug that caused certain areas to never fade-in after level transition
- It is now possible to instantly cook ANY recipe you already know. Just open your journal and go to the Recipes tab while next to a campfire, and click on the recipe you want to make. Note that this will automatically choose ingredients from your inventory, and will not use seasoning. If you want precise control over which ingredients (and seasoning) are used, you can still cook normally.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When entering an item via Dreamcaster, if you have not added any gold/JP tribute you will get a confirmation dialog before adding.
Build b095d (28 December 2017)
- Wild Child side and top animations complete! ALL JOBS are now fully sprited & animated!
- Big overhaul to the equipment, inventory, and skill UI pages! (Note: While most controls are the same in these new UIs, to use an ability from your skill sheet you must hold the ‘diagonal shift only’ key and then press ‘confirm’. This is Shift on PC by default)
- New animation that now plays whenever you are pulled by a monster, to help clarify and indicate the effect
- Title screen waterfall animation
- New FX for summoning various map effects like ice, fire, acid etc
- Spruced up levelup and feat selection UI
- Some projectiles now have arc movement!
- New sprite FX for spider webs and Grizzled Komodon’s sandstorm
- New sprite FX for a number of summon effects/skills, as well as monster abilities
- Various new text improvements
- It is now substantially easier to raise lower level monsters. They require less food, and their happiness grows faster. Higher level monsters still require as much as they did before.
- Emerald Maul is now a 1H weapon, and the 3-piece bonus of “Emerald Bastion” has changed to: Deal triple damage from Armor Training.
- Emerald Choker now gives you a chance to reduce cooldowns when struck
- Casino-exclusive magic mods should show up more frequently now in the Casino shop
- Increased the weapon power of several legendary 2H weapons
- Fixed bug with music overlapping sometimes
- Fixed bugs where shovels could be used on the wrong maps
- Fixed game errors that could occur with targeting lines
- Fixed bug where certain passive abilities like Gambler’s advanced + innate abilities were not always being activated properly (this is now validated on load and map change)
- Big boss health bars should no longer appear in non-cutscene areas until you actually start fighting the boss
- Fixed bug with Desert/sand tile Item Dreams
- Fixed game error that could occur when defeating a Memory King in a dream with a Nightmare Prince
- It is no longer possible to dodge certain damaging effects with Medium armor (such as damage-over-time effects from statuses)
- Attempted fix at bug where monster illusions could spawn on collidable spaces, including the player
- Guardian XA2 is no longer hurt by lava
- New gear set! (Great for Edge Thanes)
- New legendary bow!
- New legendary 2H sword!
- Releasing a HAPPY or JOYOUS monster from the corral will now occasionally cause something good to happen as time passes… Your former monster buddy may write a letter with one of their powers attached! This can be taught to your current pet, permanently!
- Three of the game’s jobs (HuSyn, Gambler, Wild Child) are now locked initially. This is for any or all of these reasons: the jobs are a little more unusual OR difficult to play, the story requires it, to reduce ‘analysis paralysis’ for new players… If you have been playing the game for awhile, the unlock requirements will not be too difficult…
- GAMBLER is unlocked by discovering the Casino and completing a small quest & new side area for the shark.
- HUSYN is unlocked by reaching floor 18
- WILD CHILD is unlocked by completing the FRIENDSHIP FOREST quest
- Two new character feats have been added, but they must be unlocked! “Notorious” attracts more champion monsters (a double-edge sword), and is unlocked when you complete the ‘Big Game Hunter’ achievement. “Lucid Dreamer”, which increases the chance of unusual Item Dream encounters and events, is unlocked after defeating your first Item Dream.
- The “Rager” feat is now also locked at first, and can be unlocked by defeating a champion while at 25% or lower health.
- Two new recipes involving Chili Peppers!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Upon completing the 3rd boss fight, all the non-major boss monsters will be automatically destroyed.
- Smoothed over some rough edges with the “escaped frog” corral quest. There is a little camera pan intro to show you the frog, the frog can no longer die, and its happiness starts at “Content”, so that you can immediately take it as a pet if you’d like.
- Controller: Right stick can now be used to fast scroll through various menus
- Controller: Holding L2 / LT and using dpad can also be used to fast scroll
- Controller: Holding L2 / LT on various sheets will compare to accessory slot 2, instead of slot 1 (where applicable) - same is default bound to Shift on PC
- The wrath bar is now disabled if your health bar is turned off.
- Elixirs now have a default high rarity
- Various flavor text updates
Build b093d (06 December 2017)
- Much improved new targeting line/effect
- New artwork for Wild Child’s herbs
- New FX for Roll the Bones
- New boss music for 3rd boss and final boss! (Final boss phase 2 will get custom music too, don’t worry)
- Various new sound cues/SFX
- The Blackjack game in the casino is more weighted to the house (shark) now; you must go first, rather than the dealer going first. However, player will automatically win if your opening hand is a Blackjack. The payout has also been reduced to 1.5x your initial bet (down from 2x)
- Instant death effects like Gambler’s “Snake Eyes” dice roll will no longer work on champions. Instead, they will lose 50% of their current Health.
- The “Burning” magic mod now adds +20 weapon power (up from 15), while the “Flames” magic mod now adds +45 power (up from 35)
- ANY attacker inflicting Shadow damage with a regular weapon attack now has a 25% chance to add “Shadow Vulnerable” to the defender (stacking debuff)
- Robot vulnerability to Lightning reduced slightly
- Wild Child’s passive abilities now cost 600jp (up from 500)
- Slightly reduced the effect of Guile on crit chance (0.14%, down from 0.16%)
- Steadfast magic mod (which now has a clarified description) now increases damage taken by 15% from non-shield angles (down from 25%)
- Claws now benefit from the Lightweight weapon mod. The bonus of using two Lightweight claws is not quite as powerful as two Lightweight daggers with the 2nd dagger mastery, however.
- All enemy monsters in New Game+ now have higher base stats (Strength, Guile, Swiftness, Spirit, Discipline)
- Nightmare Queens will now more aggressively teleport near the player during the “chase”, if the player gets too far away
- Cedar Caverns 4F monster density increased
- Item rewards for completing combat rumors are now guaranteed to be equipment with minimum of one magic mod (“Uncommon” rarity)
- Third boss now has higher base damage and resistances, prior to its weak state
- Target dummy will now never die
- Fixed bug where some projectiles would not “fire” from one enemy to the next
- Fixed bug where toggling Sneak Attack on and off would allow you to instantly refresh its duration
- Fixed bug where Fire/Water immune champions were not spawning.
- Fixed bug where Gambler’s extra chance to crit with abilities was not working
- Shops will no longer carry two of the same legendary item
- Fixed some minor bugs with damage/defense values derived from stats in equipment comparisons
- Fixed bugs related to NG+ monster scaling, where some mid-level monsters were not being scaled up enough
- Fixed game load error that could occur after removing resistance-altering magic mods from gear
- Fixed game load bug related to status effect immunity
- Fixed edge cases with Nightmare Queens not relocating near the player if out of sight for awhile
- Pets that die with pet insurance active will now have negative statuses cleared as well as being healed to full
- Map difficulties are now properly adjusted in New Game+. This raises the value of treasure sparkles and destructibles (chests, barrels, etc) in NG+.
- “Slay monster with element” quests in NG+ were previously not giving scaled NG+ rewards; they are now.
- Probably fixed bug where dead monsters would sometimes leave lingering “danger squares” on the map
- Fixed bug where the “Foraging” magic mod did not display increased powerup drop chance
- You can now bet 10,000g at the Casino in a single game.
- New casino game: Chinchirorin! This dice game goes by many names, but no matter what you call it, it’s a fun way to win (or lose) gold. (Note: Art/graphics for this game, and other casino games, is placeholder!)
- You now win Casino Tokens by playing Casino games. For every 1,000g you win (total), you’ll receive 1 token. Casino Tokens can be spent at the new Casino Shop, run by Casino Katie. This shop has various wild equipment (featuring some exclusive NEW magic mods), legendary items, and powerful consumables! Anything goes here!
- New campfire encounter! Maybe hold on to those gems? ;)
- EIGHT new non-legendary accessories, mostly high-rank! Have fun!
- Two new Nightmare-only weapon mods!
- New legendary gear set (Soulkeepers, rejoice!)
- Massively upgraded shop functionality
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You should no longer have to repeat the tutorial levels if you start a New Game+
- You should no longer see area intro text on NG+
- You can now ask the casino shark about any of the games.
Build b092 (06 December 2017)
- New “boss intro” music (for the bosses that have story bits…)
- Fixed bug with 2nd tutorial map image not matching tilemap
- Fixed minor display name with the dungeon name/placard
- Fixed bug with “#HERONAME#” appearing in item descriptions
- “Chemist” item mod no longer doubles item damage (!!!) instead of increasing by 25%
- Fixed some strange movement bugs related to Deadly Void tiles
- Fixed some bugs that could occur when switching to New Game+ mode, or when rebuilding maps for some reason
- A portal to the final boss phase 2 area is now spawned in the final boss phase 1 area once you beat phase 1. This avoids situations where you can potentially be cut off from the final battle.
- Fixed bug where save files were deleted in Adventure Mode on getting knocked out
- The explosion range of Fungal Columns is now 2 tiles, as intended and displayed
- List of dropped legendaries should no longer be cleared when regenerating maps or entering New Game+
- You can now change clothes to your current job. Previously if you changed clothes to a different job, you would not be able to change back to current.
- Fixed visual sprite quirks with the Bandit Brigand during use of its Cloak & Dagger ability (applies to other monsters with similar talents)
- Cloak and Dagger (as well as other movement effects) should now pick up items and trigger abilities such as Phoenix Wing
- It is no longer possible to dodge lava damage.
- The final boss phase 2 battle has been reworked from the ground up. This may (?) be quite a bit more difficult now, so it’s definitely recommended that you complete all hubs!
- A target dummy has been added to Riverstone Grove. Go hit it!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Dungeon Digest text is better-formatted and also provides information on whether the current floor has a legendary item or not.
- Specific legendary items will now continue to drop/spawn until you pick one up. Once that legendary is acquired, it should never spawn or drop again.
- There is a new indicator that displays if you are being targeted by an enemy ability such as the Goliath Beetle’s charge attack or the elemental shots from Treasure Hunters / Bandit Snipers.
- Likewise, monsters also show indicators when they are targeting you.
- “Bag of Stones” is now “Pebble Pouch”
- Demon Gauntlet is now Demon Bracer
Build b091c (06 December 2017)
- Shop interface now has more breathing room, particularly for items with long descriptions
- Various new and cleaned up skill icons
- New final boss phase 1 room art
- New tutorial pt 2 art
- Cleaned up some audio/SFX quirks
- Critical hits when riposting with a Sword will no longer give you 100% parry
- Bumped up the spawn rate in Fungal Caves (was over-nerfed)
- All bosses should now ALWAYS spawn with a minimum of three items to drop, and their max item count has been raised by 3.
- Nightmare Queens will now warp near the player if the distance becomes too great.
- Fixed several bugs with Fade’s Crescent Bow (the Moonbeam effect)
- Monsters should no longer get angry at themselves for looting items
- “Shocking” weapon mod’s lightning bolt should now appear on the target enemy, not the player
- Fixed bug with Athyes’ Scarlet Headband where the stun effect never worked
- Fixed bug with modified version of Highland Charge not executing properly
- Fixed bug where, in New Game+, side areas would sometimes not be marked as complete. (This only applies to NEW NG+ files)
- Fixed bug with various side areas never marking as cleared
- Defeating the Research Overseer should trigger the correct event
- Campfire Roasted Meat now actually heals 50% HP (down from 66%) as intended
- Attempted fix for bug where your pet could die, but still be targeted by monsters, confusing the monsters and putting them into a bad state
- Fixed a number of item/drop tables that could still include seasonal food
- When buying from shops, item stacks will only be shown in red if you can’t afford a single one (as opposed to the whole stack)
- “Pet command” tutorial should no longer pop up when you hit a monster with a Monster Mallet
- You can no longer avoid death by immediately pressing Alt+F4 when dying :P
- Fixed wonky game log scrollbar handle behavior
- Lucid orb shard creation should now always print in the log
- Fixed visual bug when opening Pandora’s Boxes
- Attempted fix at some janky monster and player movement that could sometimes occur causing two moves to ‘overlap’ and make the sprite move twice as fast
- Tutorial popups should no longer interfere with boss dialogue
- Fixed bug where talking to NPCs, signs, or the Dreamcaster could cause your CT to jump up to “FREE TURN!” immediately. Also, talking to the Dreamcaster without and orb no longer spams the combat log and passes a million turns a second.
- Fixed bug with Crabbid’s grab - crab was not following you correctly.
- Fixed visual bug with Two-Handed Specialist
- Any bugged stats, resists, or damage modifers should now be corrected every time you switch maps, not just when you load the game.
- Fixed bug where Nightmare mods could appear in item dreams
- Fixed game error with Fade’s Crescent Bow
- Clicking to toggle “Auto Equip Weapons” on and off now… works
- Tangledeep now has its 12th job: the WILD CHILD! A fierce warrior born in the wilds of Tangledeep and raised by monsters, the Wild Child has the unique ability to learn certain monster abilities (a trait inspired by ‘Blue Magic’ from the Final Fantasy series). These monster abilities each have both an active component and a short self-buff for the Wild Child, so finding and learning as many as possible will give you more combat options than ever.
- The CLAW weapon type has been added to the game! Claws are focused on pure offense, and provide the most benefits when you are in the thick of combat, taking damage constantly. They gain increased attack damage based on damage YOU’VE taken in the last three turns, so going toe-to-toe with a tough monster is a great way to gain a ton of extra power. Claws are also naturally ‘lightweight’ with fewer dual wielding penalties. This also means there is a new set of WEAPON MASTERIES!
- Claw Tier 1 - “Frenzy” - Empowers you with 33% more damage, 25% defense, and immunity to paralysis for a short term. However, you are also Sealed and unable to use other abilities.
- Claw Tier 2 - “Iron Grip” - Permanently makes you immune to Paralysis/Disarm effects, as well as anything that reduces your damage.
- Claw Tier 3 - “Razor Step” - The ying to the Spear’s “Scorpion Tail” yang. Each time you move, you have a chance to strike one nearby enemy automatically. (An enemy can only be hit by this once per three turns.)
- Ultimate Claw Technique - “Devastation”. Launch yourself into the air to an enemy, executing a barrage of claw slashes on everything around you. After landing, gain Super Regeneration, restoring 50% of all health lost per turn for a very brief time. A great way to launch into battle and show monsters you mean business!
- New high rank legendary Spear!
- New legendary consumable!
- New legendary shield!
- New legendary Medium armor!
- Refactor of status immunity effects. Much more modular and powerful now.
- Many enhancements to SFX system
QUALITY OF LIFE
- After upgrading your Monster Mallet, the new minimum threshold is now displayed when hovering over the Monster Mallet, during conversations, etc.
Build b090c (06 December 2017)
- Increased damage of the “Fireburst” Nightmare Prince mod, as well as the frequency of Firebursts occurring
- Slightly increased healing of the “Vampiric” Nightmare Prince mod, plus damage of the melee attack. Both attacks now debuff your attack and defense briefly.
- Increased damage output of the Shadow Turrets summoned by “Nightmare”... Nightmare Princes
- Upon starting New Game+, your pandora box count is now reset.
- An enemy that is feared and is “overtaken by fear”, in addition to running from you, will also be unable to block, dodge, or parry on your next turn
- Damage from the “Ignite” weapon mod is now based on 30% of weapon power (up from 20%). Also, igniting the same target twice will refresh the duration.
- Pets now take 50% ground effect damage (up from 25%). Since pets inherit some player defense as well, this isn’t a huge nerf.
- Floramancer’s Grow Spitting Plant now has a cooldown of 6 turns (up from 3), duration is now 18 turns (down from 20)
- Floramancer’s Thorned Skin passive now has a 50% activation chance
- Floramancer’s Detonate Vines now deals 190% Spirit Power as Fire (down from 200%)
- Paladin’s Blessed Hammer now deals 55% of Weapon Damage and Spirit Power (up from 45%) base, plus an additional +25% damage overall if Radiant Aura is active and a Wrath charge was used
- Spellshaper’s Kinetic Magic boosts Spirit Power by 20% (down from 25%), when Stamina is at 50% or lower
- Spellshaper’s “Spellshift: Penetrate” no longer exhausts you, but instead Seals you for one turn.
- Soulkeeper’s Immunology now boosts debuff duration by 1 turn (down from 3 turns)
- Soulkeeper’s Call Elemental Spirit cooldown 4 -> 5 turns, now requires 3 Echoes. Modified version (summons 3 spirits) now requires 5 Echoes with an 8 turn cooldown.
- HuSyn’s Crystal Shift cooldown 4 -> 3 turns, can be used as a free action
- Spellshaper’s Materialized Shadow now roots for 2 turns (down from 3)
- Gambler’s “Cheat Death”, on triggering, also immediately removes all negative status effects.
- Monster crit damage is now limited to +30% of normal damage
- Hunter’s Triple Bolt now deals 8% of max HP (base damage) per tick, up from 5%
- All Edge Thane verses are now free actions to activate (they still cost resources and trigger a cooldown)
- Once an Edge Thane song is active, you can switch songs at no CT cost without losing any song levels. Previously, switching took a turn and reset song level to 1.
- Hergon’s Frostplate now summons two shards at random instead of one.
- Consecrated Chalice is now tagged as “Recovery” instead of “Selfbuff”, as well as “Summon”
- Fixed bug where selecting a Lucid or Skill Orb when using “Modify Item” would alter the cost of the removal / extraction
- Fixed bug where 2 Lucid Orb shards would combine to form a Lucid Orb (instead of three, as intended)
- Fixed bug where the “Sniping” magic mod could produce far higher-than-intended damage values
- Spitting Plants summoned in town should no longer move around.
- The game will now validate player resistances and elemental damage mods to make sure they are correct on load.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when removing a magic mod that granted certain resists.
- Spitting Plant’s attack no longer does a guaranteed +30 damage on top of its normal damage
- Deadly Riposte (3rd tier sword mastery) should no longer affect counter-attack damage from non-Sword weapons
- Harrier shots should no longer hit you while using Spiritwalk
- It should now be possible to learn the tier 4 (ultimate) Dagger mastery
- “Dream” items like Planks and Knight’s Shovels should now be removed upon leaving an Item Dream
- If you have no valid orbs to enter a particular item, you will no longer proceed to a blank orb selection screen with an error
- It should no longer be possible to store stacks of items at the Bank if you only have enough money to store 1 item in the stack
- Lucid Orb shards should no longer have wonky combining behavior when depositing at the Bank
- Fixed bug where Goldfrog coins could be picked up infinitely if you portaled out and came back
- New Nightmare weapon magic mod - Shocking. 25% to call a lightning bolt on hit, dealing damage and Disarming the target briefly.
- New legendary Spear!
- New legendary Bow!
- New consumable: Scroll of Frogs. Just… enjoy.
- You may now find “Dream” potions or offense items in Item Dreams. These are just like Dream shovels / planks and will disappear when you leave the dream.
- A more expanded 2F tutorial zone has been added to the game, after completing the first “Path to Tangledeep” zone. This will be presented on fresh save slots.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Item Dream crystal auras are now color coded. Green = good for player, Red = bad for player / good for monsters, Yellow = good/bad for both.
b089 (17 November 2017)
- Reduced the frequency that Monster Chow appears in stores
- Reduced the health scaling of monsters bred at higher rarities (previously, this was up to +40% per generation; it now caps at about +14%)
- Arrowstorm (ultimate bow tech) no longer takes a turn to activate
- Valkyrie (ultimate spear tech) now deals greater damage to enemies at ranges 2+3
- “Greedy” monsters that see other monsters picking up items may now instigate a fight
- Brigand’s passive chance to inflict Bleeding now only works with melee attacks
- Darkfrogs should now scale to player level, like Goldfrogs
- Fixed bug with dropping full stacks of items
- Fixed bug with the pet command “Don’t use abilities” that would cause it to switch on forever. Now, it can be toggled on and off.
- Fixed bug with the dodge flask infusion not working.
- Fixed display of +Health bonuses on the equipment screen’s ‘gear bonuses’ section
- Cracked rocks in volcanic areas should no longer stack atop one another
- Fixed missing dialog for rescued Craggan miner that appears at the campsite (also changed his sprite)
- The paralyze proc from Ascetic’s Orbs now triggers 100% of the time on crit, as intended, instead of 20% of the time on all attacks
- Fixed bug where any changes in monster behavior (attributes) were not saved/loaded
- Cleaned up some jank that could occur between job selection screen and name input
- Fixed bug where Sword Dancer’s basic innate was not working at all. It has been restored. (25% chance to extend duration of Flame Serpent and Ice Tortoise on move.)
- Fixed bug in stat validation that typically affected Charge Time gain on load
- Fixed bug where you could knock out multiple monsters at once
- It is now possible to EXTRACT magic properties (mods) from items via the Dreamcaster. This costs the same as REMOVING them, however it also destroys the item, yielding a Lucid Orb Shard with the extracted property. Upon getting three Lucid Orb Shards with the same property, they will fuse in your inventory to create a full Lucid Orb that can be used to guarantee that property on any other gear!
- The final showdown in an Item Nightmare is now substantially harder, as the Queen will be accompanied by two Princes! Also, the Queen will now speed up as you destroy the Nightmare Crystals.
- Some Item Dream floors will now have lots of Berserker monsters that go nuts!
- Some Item Dream floors will be a greedy monster brawl!
- New consumable (rank 3): Consecrated Chalice. Creates a spreading pool of holy water that lasts for a few turns. Standing in the water restores health each turn.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When using pet command “Come to Me Immediately”, the pet should no longer enter any other states
- The cooking UI now shows the effect of each seasoning.
- Ability tooltips now show required weapon type (if any)
- The combat log now shows HP loss if you use an ability that drains your own Health. (A damage number will also popup above your head)
- When pressing “F” to target a ranged weapon and there are no enemies in range, you will auto-target a destructible object if one is available
- Clarified minimum buff durations for spice/seasoning effects.
b088j (17 November 2017)
- Rujasu’s Marked Cards are now weapon type - Dagger.
- Cracked rocks in “volcano” / magma style areas can now randomly drop gems
- You will now occasionally stumble upon a campfire in Item Dreams (chance is ⅓ the normal dungeon chance)
- Slightly reduced damage from Harrier champion shots
- The way magic mods spawn on items has been adjusted. Previously, when fighting higher level monsters, many “lower level” mods would no longer spawn on items or Lucid Orbs. This excluded many mods that were potentially useful regardless of level. Now, any ‘scaling’ or universally useful mods can spawn on high level items, even if those mods are also available on low level items.
- Additionally, magic mods with multiple ‘tiers’ - such as +10 Strength vs. +20 Strength - will now always use the better version IF that version is available for a given item. In other words, you won’t roll +10 Strength on a high level item; only +20 Strength.
- Soldier, Gladiator, Warlord (etc) mods now only spawn on melee weapons, not bows, crossbows or staves
- Spiny Maze no longer spawns on 4F
- Flooded Temple and Bandit Enclave now have a higher minimum spawn floor (after 1st & 2nd bosses, respectively)
- Slightly increased chance for red orb shards to drop off Nightmare Princes (chance scales w/ monster difficulty relative to your level, bottoms out at 20%)
- Aside from Health, Energy, and Stamina, stats are now capped at 255. (This is considerably higher than is currently possible for players to reach, but pet monsters can be bred to this level.)
- “Massive” mod for shields now increases block by 10% (up from 5%) - applies to newly added mods only
- Strength now increases physical resistance by 0.24% per point (up from 0.16%). A level 10 character with 45 Strength now has 10.8% base physical resistance, up from 7.2%.
- Overall chance to Parry has increased; now gains 0.25% per point of Guile, up from 0.2%, and also adds 0.25% per character level. A level 10 character with 40 Guile previously had 8% Parry, and will now have about 12.5%. HOWEVER, the chance to parry ranged attacks is now half that of melee. (After all, it’s harder to parry a fast projectile compared to a melee weapon!)
- Guile’s effect on crit chance has been reduced slightly (0.16% per point, down from 0.2%)
- Reduced base Spirit Power (before gear) by about 33%. The effect of each point of Spirit and Discipline is unchanged, but the formula that calculates Spirit Power has a lower overall result.
- Nightmare Queens now move slightly faster
- The Spellshaper job is very, very powerful with extremely high (and versatile) damage output, relatively low cooldowns, and very high range. The idea of the job should be versatility, but it is definitely on the overpowered end of the spectrum and so a few changes are being made in addition to the Spirit Power change above.
- The range of Spellshape: Ray has been reduced to hit a maximum range of 5 squares.
- The 2nd Spellshaper innate ability no longer increases Evocation range by +1 square. Instead, it reduces the base cooldown of Evocations by one turn.
- Shadow Evocation now deals 90% of Spirit Power (base), down from 100%
- Spellshape: Square now costs 35 extra Stamina (up from 30)
- Some kind of insidious bug has been causing players to anomalously gain higher max stats than intended. This is probably the result of some old or bugged equipment OR status effect data. Going forward, the game will validate your stats on load and make fixes as necessary. It will look at all your equipment and status effects (permanent & temporary) and add those to your base stats (including your level-up bonuses) and make sure it arrives at the expected value. As a result, you MAY see some of your max stats go down. (Or up.)
- Fixed bug with inventory filters
- Fixed bug with hover/examine mode tooltips
- Fixed bug where a monster’s death could sometimes be processed twice
- Fixed bug where Item Dreams would sometimes load in the wrong map order (old bug!)
- Fixed bug where Gear Set items would not be colored green
- Effects that give the player awards when a monster dies (i.e. health restoration) should no longer trigger if a monster is killed by a non-pet monster
- Fixed cursor flickering in hotbar navigation mode (via controller)
- Fixed bug that could duplicate your pet if you died in Adventure mode with pet insurance
- Fixed bug that could cause loading problems if Pet Insurance was used
- Fixed Destroyer’s sprite shifting / flickering
- Adjustments to anchoring system to hopefully avoid issues where certain things were anchored incorrectly to the player
- Fixed “Equipped” text not moving on EQ sheet
- Seasonal items should no longer appear in “appease monster” (food-loving) rumors
- Fixed “holes” in the targeting of some abilities if a friendly pet/monster was in the targeting radius
- Fixed bug where the 2nd boss fight ending would not trigger. (Loading a post-boss2 bugged save and walking one step will now fix the boss battle condition.)
- Using any ability that grants a free turn, such as Lightning Jab, will no longer reset your CT to 0. For example, if you have 50 CT and you use Lightning Jab, your CT after using will be 50 + your normal CT gain.
- Fixed various casino bugs
- Fixed bug with the instant HP restoration flask infusion not visually displaying its effects
- Fixed bug where the Tent animation would not pause movement/turns
- Crest of the Draik now works again
- Enabled three legendary items that were not dropping
- Your offhand weapon now uses its own element, instead of both weapons using your mainhand element
- Tents should now actually do something again
- Fixed bug with loot sometimes dropping twice / duplicated on ground
- Fixed bug with Gambler’s “Sharp Eyes” buff that caused it to (visually) inflate your crit % higher than the actual effect
- Fixed error that could happen when selling multiple pieces of equipment, when you owned at least one page of gear
- Fixed bug with Nightmare mods spawning on the wrong gear slots
- Fixed bug where starting in New Game+ with a corral pet out would sometimes disconnect that pet from the game data forever (and cause other problems…)
- Added more aggressive checks to try and fix bugs with side areas not being marked as cleared
- Removed references to “OLD Ruins” (old boss 3 fight, now deprecated)
- The buff from Cheerleader champion monsters no longer lasts forever!
- Coin stacks now properly save/load the amount of money contained
- When using Spiritwalk, monsters should lose aggro on you instead of following (since you are supposed to be invisible)
- When a Knight’s Shovel is used on objects like a pillar or tree, the object’s sprite will now also be destroyed
- Attempted fix at issue where items or sprites could sometimes draw slightly off-grid
- Fixed bug where the “Blasting” offhand mod would sometimes cause you to deal less damage to monsters with elemental resistances
- “Liberating” armor should now prevent the paralysis effect of Greater Freeze
- New third-tier Dagger mastery - Critical Weakness. Increases your chance to crit a target by 6% for each consecutive attack.
- New third-tier Sword mastery - Deadly Riposte. Your counter-attacks deal double damage.
- New third-tier Staff mastery - Flow Condenser. 25% chance to absorb 25% of Elemental Damage and turn it into Energy
- New third-tier Mace mastery - Sunder. Anytime you hit a monster for 15% of their health or greater in a single attack, your chance to stun them is doubled (30%)
- New third-tier Spear mastery - Scorpion Tail. You have a 15% chance to auto-attack an enemy that moves next to you. Chance increases if you do not move.
- New third-tier Axe mastery - Overpower. If you kill an enemy with an Axe, you immediately attack again. (Can trigger once per turn.)
- New third-tier Bow mastery - Skirmisher. If an enemy uses an ability within your Bow range, you have a 18% chance to shoot an arrow and stop that ability from being used.
- Fourth tier weapon masteries have been added - “Ultimate Techniques”. These are extremely powerful abilities tied closely to a specific weapon type. You may only learn one Ultimate Technique per character, and you must earn it...
- New side/area & quest - Craggan Mine!
- You can now talk to any of your pets or summoned creatures to issue certain basic commands. There are two ways to talk to a pet.
- (1) Enter examine mode - on keyboard, press “X”, or on controller, press the right stick button. Move the highlight to your pet, and then press ‘confirm’ (enter, or “A” on controller by default).
- (2) In the “Pet Party” ui, click on the pet’s picture.
- There are three basic options or commands right now:
- “Stay very close to me” (pet will stay within 1 tile as best it can), OR “Wander a bit” (pet is allowed up to 3 tile distance)
- Use abilities OR don’t use abilities
- Come to met at once (pet stops what it is doing and moves to you)
- Added a higher-tier version of Puller - “Hauler” - which buffs the mob that is pulled into the fray.
- New gear set (rank 4!)
- New magic mods for melee weapons: Fencer’s (+5% Parry), Duelist’s (+9% Parry), Bull (25% chance for 1 square knockback)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Monsters with movement abilities that have no other effects other than movement will no longer print “Monster used (ability”) to the log
- The game will now prevent you from using Crystal Shift if you do not have a Runic Crystal summoned
- Removed extraneous Smooth Camera and Auto Pickup Items options (these should always be on), added a new Auto Equip Weapons option that will prevent weapons from being auto-added to hotbar and equipped when picked up.
- Reworked the inventory item filter/tag system. It is now much more sensible. You can view all items, view a single category of items (and the categories have been reworked), and/or view favorites only.
- New items added to your inventory are added at the top of your inventory / equipment sheets, by default, until you sort again.
- Name input at character creation now supports completely free text input, up to the character limit of 50.
- Pets should no longer attack “food loving” monsters
- You can now drag hotbar items around on the Skill sheet, and hotbar items can be dragged to the active skill list to remove them (this functionality is a bit janky, I’m working on it!)
- In the cooking UI, you can now see the quantity held of each ingredient and seasoning
- Added numbers in the description of many player abilities to clarify their exact effects.
b087 (17 November 2017)
- Tweaks to the main HUD (bottom bar)
- Camera BG color now adjusts to the dungeon/map BG color
- Added subtle dialog fades
- Switched to a different scanlines shader
- Doubled the duration of Mint Fudge’s resource cost reduction (12 -> 24 turns)
- Coffee now also boosts your dodge chance by 50%, and no longer reduces accuracy
- Nightmare mods designed for books, shields, or quivers will no longer spawn on the wrong offhand type
- Fixed bugs that could occur if you tried to get to the job selection stage during character creation while job data was still being loaded
- Cleaned up some janky and inconsistent code related to item naming and rarity. Previously, sometimes item names or rarities could change (visually) after saving and loading.
- Fixed bug where the game would sometimes flip upside-down on game over
- Fixed music for Linux
- Fixed pet insurance bug where insured & rescued pets would sometimes be lethargic and non-responsive
- Touched up some buggy mouse/menu behavior on equipment and inventory screens
- New weapon mod: BRAVE. Adds +30% attack damage if at 65% or higher health
- New legendary higher tier weapon (whip!)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When using Roll the Bones, battle text will pop up indicating the effect
- Flask infusion selection should now always come after the normal levelup dialog, which now has a bit more of a smooth fadein as well
- Added a new “Snack Bag” shortcut on the main player HUD, next to the flask & portal buttons. Clicking this with mouse or controller will open the inventory sheet with only healing filters enabled, allowing you to quickly jump to your restorative items. “View Healing Items” is also now a bindable action.
- It is now possible to drop, deposit, or withdraw a specific number of items! If a stacked item is selected, you’ll get a slider indicating how many of the item you want to (drop, deposit, etc)
- Dropping, picking up, and hovering over items now shows the stack amount (if there are more than 1 in a stack)
- Changed the way Inventory filters work to match how Equipment filters work. Now, if the filter is enabled (such as “Heal HP”), an item MUST have the Heal HP tag to be shown. If “Heal HP” and “Heal Energy” are enabled, then an item must have EITHER Heal HP or Heal Energy to be included.
- Added “Dream” prefix to items that only exist in Item Dreams
b086i (02 November 2017)
HALLOWEEN IN TANGLEDEEP!
- For a limited time, Halloween has arrived in the world of Tangledeep! Enjoy some seasonal visuals, as well as tasty and unique treats!
- Added HuSyn, Edge Thane, Soulkeeper top and side attack animations
- Added some UI juice when you equip or auto-equip items
- Greatly improved grid overlay that is now pinned to the world (instead of the hero/camera), and outlines ground tiles instead of all tiles
- Campfire Roasted Meat now restores 66% of health (up from 50%)
- Campfire Roasted Cheese and Dessert now also reduce energy costs by 25% for 7 turns
- Increased the strength of Mint Fat and Mint Super brews
- Holy Symbol (chance to restore HP when you are hit) now scales slightly with level
- Fixed game error with generating certain kinds of rumor text. (Rumors are now validated on load to ensure there is no bad data)
- An item’s “Favorite” status should no longer be removed if you drop it or put it in the Dreamcaster
- Swirly Pops and Lemon Delights should now list their estimated healing
- Pets should no longer try to attack invincible Nightmare Queens
- Fixed some bad behavior with the shop sort buttons and keyboard/controller
- Fixed bug with Ice Evocation and abilities that affected charge time, accuracy, or vision range
- Attempted fix at issue where game would soft hang after character creation
- Fixed weird UI state that could occur if multiple dialogs popped up at once (level up + flask upgrade etc)
- Fixed camera interruptions that could occur during Jorito’s cutscene
- Attempted fix at a bug where weapons could be added to hotbar’s active slot, but not actually equipped
- Fixed bugs with the shadow traps in the 2nd boss fight doing minimal damage and also triggering on the bosses sometmies
- You can now purchase Pet Insurance from Jesse at the monster corral! Once purchased, if your corral pet would otherwise die, it instead ends up back at the corral with full health. The insurance applies to any pet, and has a cost that scales with your level and your pet’s level. However, once it is used, it must be purchased again.
- New legendary Accessory!
- New legendary Dagger!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When closing and reopening the inventory or equipment tabs, the game will remember your current view and filter settings
- Consolidated combat log lines if the same actor is hit by the same effect multiple times on the same turn
- Added some concrete effect and food descriptions for certain items
b085g (30 October 2017)
HALLOWEEN IN TANGLEDEEP!
- For a limited time, Halloween has arrived in the world of Tangledeep! Enjoy some seasonal visuals, as well as tasty and unique treats!
- All changes subject to further change!
- New top/side attack animations for Spellshaper, Paladin, Gambler, Budoka, and Hunter
- New visual tileset for Nightmares
- New animation for Fan of Knives and Kunai Toss
- New animation for Relentless Current and Water Cross
- New animation for Smite Evil
- New “spike” animation for Shadowstep and shadow traps
- The hero character will now attack in the direction that you use targeted abilities, instead of the last direction you moved
- Monster death fade is now red again!
- Baller new laser FX
- New “Grand Recovery” FX
- New mini-explosion FX for some enemy attacks (i.e. 3rd boss)
- Much flashier Pandora Box animation and SFX
- Quick Step cooldown reduced from 14 turns to 7 turns
- Boosted Halloween item drop rates
- Summoned and monster pets will now dis-engage enemies that are 8+ tiles away from them for any reason. They will re-engage as needed.
- Effects that increase the player’s max health will no longer heal your corral pet. Only healing effects that alter current health are shared to your pet.
- Soldier, Warrior, Gladiator, and Warlord’s mods are much stronger now (2-3x)
- You no longer lose stamina for moving or attacking in water. Thank me later
- Bosses (and big bosses) should generally drop more loot now
- Nightmare Princes should drop more/better loot, particularly equipment
- Increased drop rate of staves
- You should no longer get ‘step limited’ quests for areas 2 floors away or more
- Pandora’s Boxes no longer appear on floors 1 and 2
- Pandora’s Boxes now have a chance to drop legendary items… heh heh….
- Bows should no longer allow ANY offhand to be used with them, except quivers, under any circumstances
- Fixed Wardrobe bug that would sometimes prevent you from switching to Brigand
- Thick Tomes should no longer drop.
- Fixed bug where the Runic Boost status from being near your Runic Crystal would sometimes not wear off, even if the crystal was moved or destroyed
- Disabled the big boss health bar in situations where it was not supposed to be visible
- Added extra checks to ensure monster/player sprites are always drawn at the correct position after a Vanishing effect occurs
- It should no longer be possible to hit friendly monsters with Divine Fury’s defense debuff
- Fixed a number of monster abilities not triggering as intended
- Fixed game load/data corruption issue related to how tutorial data is stored
- Fixed some bugs with Nightmare Princes / Memory Kings
- Fixed bug with Roll the Bones skill orb mod
- Fixed game error related to bad summon data
- Fixed bug where certain loot drop modifiers were being added multiple times
- Fixed bug related to modified abilities sometimes never going on cooldown
- It should no longer be possible to capture or breed monsters if you have 11 monsters in the corral AND an active corral pet
- Additional fix for Mac resolution errors
- Attempted fix at missing music on Mac / Linux
- Fixed some inaccurate estimated item heal values if you had the Food Lover feat
- Fixed monster visual desync bug between sprite position and actual position
- It is no longer possible to have both a regular Floraconda and Bull Floraconda active simultaneously
- Fixed bugs with popup/conversation queueing, which previously was preventing some conversations or dialogs from appearing.
- Crystal Bulwark’s effect should no longer happen unless you block (as intended)
- Fixed bug that could cause billions of gold to be dropped in a Nightmare Prince’s lair
- Once you have retrieved three Red Orb Shards, take them to Riverstone Grove to receive a NIGHTMARE ORB. This unlocks a powerful new type of Item Dream - an Item Nightmare! This is a very different dungeon type full of danger, new frogs, a deadly new boss (the Nightmare Queen, and new rewards!
- Three new legendary armor pieces can now be found throughout the world!
- New player stats have been added! Gold find, loot find, magic find, shop bonus, corral pet bonus. These stats can be changed through certain magic mods…
- New magic mods (all equipment slots): Greedy (+15% gold dropped), Companions (+10% corral pet effectiveness), Treasures (+5% magic item chance)
- Eighteen (18!!!) new magic mods added, exclusive to Item Nightmares!
- Coolfrogs will now appear once in awhile, carrying extra loot with them.
- Straight up engine optimization - better, smoother performance!
- Refactored / cleaned up more code, especially for items
- Added new types of animations (stretchable lasers/projectiles, originating position FX)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Gambler’s “Hot Streak” now creates blue flames, differentiating them from enemy flames
- Removed a handful of extraneous tutorial popups
- The game now shows handy tips during loading screens
- Ruby Moon is now Ruby Crescent.
- Ocean’s Gem is now Deep Lake’s Gem
- Lots of improved item/legendary flavor text
b084f (23 October 2017)
HALLOWEEN IN TANGLEDEEP!
- For a limited time, Halloween has arrived in the world of Tangledeep! Enjoy some seasonal visuals, as well as tasty and unique treats!
- Tileset touchups
- New top/side idle + run animations for Edge Thane
- Top/side attack animations for Sword Dancer and Floramancer
- New 2H sword art!
- Bows can no longer have 8 mods. Instead they are limited to 5 mods, as a Quiver can have mods as well.
- "Resonance" effect of the second Staff Mastery now increases Spirit Power by 8% instead of 10%, and base duration is lowered. However, it now refreshes duration on cast as well (max of 5 stacks)
- Spellshaper’s second Innate bonus now grants +1 range to Evocations regardless of whether a Spellshape is active or not.
- If you die with a corral pet still alive, the pet will return to your corral. This will happen even in Heroic mode.
- Reduced monster density in Fungal Caverns.
- Pandora’s Boxes no longer increase mob density on the current floor.
- Pandora’s Boxes now have a chance at dropping Orbs of Reverie, Lucid Orbs, and Skill Orbs.
- Abilities modified through Skill Orbs should now maintain the same cooldown as the unmodified abilities. (Previously, the unmodified versions would not “tick down” if you unequipped the gear.)
- In the Casino, the dealer will no longer hit at 17.
- NOTE - Item changes below apply to NEW DROPS
- Blizzard Tiara: Now grants +6 all stats, +10 Guile, +10 Spirit (previously, had +15 Guile/Spirit but no core stat bonus).
- Band of Wild Nature: Now grants +6 all stats
- Ruby Moon: Now grants +10 all stats
- Crest of the Draik: Now grants +10 all stats
- Cat Ear Headband: Now grants +4 all stats
- Big Giant Circlet: Now grants +8 all stats
- Fixed display bug where items would not reach rarities above Rare sometimes
- Fixed (again) issue with rumors not spawning; also, fixed Boss Gangs spawning at low levels
- Possible fix for a bug where you could fast travel to floors beyond bosses you’ve beaten
- Attempted fix at issue where the monster corral list view could get cut off
- Possible fix for bug that put monsters into odd states when being hit by Fungal Column's "Self Destruct"
- Fixed game error that happened occasionally with Gambler's "Roll the Bones"
- Fixed alignment issue in the corral... again!
- Fixed bug with abilities (mainly modified toggles/status effects) that were not removing alternate versions (i.e. you could have two versions of Spellshape: Materalize on at the same time)
- Fixed bug with "Force Resonance" (second staff mastery) where switching weapons to a non-staff would leave the buff intact, sometimes
- Monsters will no longer use healing abilities when they are not in combat states. (This does not affect hybrid pets…)
- Fixed tooltip bounding issue on the Skill screen at very high resolutions
- Fixed bug where you could not add magic mods to certain items, even though more mods should have been possible
- Fixed bug where save slots in “Heroic” or “Hardcore” mode would sometimes show up as Adventure mode (despite definitely not being Adventure mode)
- Fixed various bugs with resolution behavior
- Cleaned up the “HID” device error that sometimes appeared in the dev console on launch
- Attempted fix for a bug where you would sometimes not be prompted to harvest items from trees after returning from an Item Dream
- Added extra sanity check to prevent staircases from spawning surrounded by wall tiles
- Conduits / electric tiles should no longer overlap stairs in tem Dreams
- Cleaned up some janky movement that could happen while rapidly moving and passing turns
- Fixed janky behavior with scrolling a long list of inventory items via mousewheel
- Switched default controller mapping so that L2/R2 are now used to page up/down through various UI lists, rather than R1/L1, as R1/L1 are reserved for switching UI tabs. You may need to reset your bindings for this to take effect.
- Fixed “overpowered select” sound from playing constantly.
- Fixed bug with removing certain magic mods; some mods showed up as “Test123”
- Potentially fixed bug where a game error could occur if you entered the character creation (job select) screen before job/ability data was finished loading
- Another attempt at fixing error where Erin would have NEW rumors, but not actually give you one
- Beware... every so often, you will now find a NIGHTMARE PRINCE in an Item Dream! These extra-powerful bosses can be found on their own floor, the Nightmare Prince’s Lair, beyond the floor where the Memory King resides. If you defeat the Nightmare Prince, you may earn unique treasure not available anywhere else in Tangledeep, but your item will not be upgraded and the Memory King will disappear. (Any Lucid orb used will be returned to you.)
- New champion mod: Cheerleader! Champion will rally all monsters nearby, boosting their attack and defense.
- Dead end corridors should now be generated in a variety of level types
- There are now two additional tiers of difficulty possible with Item Dreams (accessible only when you enter very high-rank items)
- Added two more Dream Crystal auras; one that clears negative statuses from monsters each turn, and another that seals the player as long as you are in the aura.
- The third boss fight has been revised!
- Added support for various seasonal images and items, enabled with a single click on the backend
- Extensive engine optimizations (this is putting it mildly)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Cleaned up item names that have lots of suffixes.
- Boss Gang rumors now only appear in the main dungeon, not side areas
- Keen Eyes now displays monster % health as well as precise numbers
- Improved item comparison tooltips
- Tutorial data is no longer tied to the same file as controller settings, and is instead stored on a per-save slot basis.
- Upon clearing a side area, you will now be able to switch gear freely
- Gambler and Soulkeeper now have passive abilities - “Poker Player” and “Spirit Collector” - that are automatically learned while learning certain other abilities. These passives do not take up a passive slot and can be toggled on and off anytime.
- "Nightmare" champion mod has been renamed to "Shadowgrasp"
b083c (16 October 2017)
- Improved the tooltips for hovering over equipment and inventory items
- Top / side walk and idle sprites for Soulkeeper!
- Paladin’s Sanctuary: Base duration 8 -> 7 turns, cooldown 15 -> 20 turns
- Soulkeeper’s Spiritwalk cooldown 10 -> 12 turns
- When rolling a total of “6”, Gamblers now use a curse attack that inflicts fear, sleep, or confuse
- The base effect of HuSyn’s Runic Crystal now increases your damage & defense by 15% overall when standing next to it (up from 10%)
- Champion ice shards and spinning blades are now considered ‘ground effects’ for various purposes, e.g. pet damage reduction
- Monster pets will no longer use HP healing abilities on the player. This was potentially a balance nightmare as monsters have infinite resources. Healer monsters will still heal fellow monsters and themselves.
- Monster pet HP is now capped at 9999
- Monster pets should no longer inherit self-destruct abilities
- Monster pets now use half of the player’s resistances and dodge % when they are attacked.
- Shield Slam now gives up to 5 stacks of Divine Block, as intended
- Fixed bug where 4 and 5-mod equipment (“Artifact” rarity) were not being filtered properly in the Equipment view
- Fixed bug where, by removing mods from items via Dreamcaster, you could potentially increase certain properties infinitely
- Fixed some issues with equipment screen tooltips going off screen
- Added error checking to ensure that corrupted save slot data does not prevent good data from being loaded
- Actually fixed challenge values increasing on save/load with some items…
- Fixed mouse UI misbehavior on the corral monster stats detail view
- Fixed bug with Ancient Cube quest
- Fixed another cooking logic bug that cropped up in some weird places
- Fixed display bug with Gambler’s “Sharp Eyes” not showing up on the character sheet
- Fixed bug with the legendary apple-themed consumable
- Fixed bug where monsters in New Game+ would sometimes drop their monster-only weapons
- Fixed infinite crit but with Gambler’s “Sharp Eyes” wild card hand
- Fixed bug where Spellshaper evocations would change mid-cast sometimes
- If Erin has available rumors, you should ALWAYS be able to talk to her and get one. Previously, rumors would fail to generate sometimes.
- Fixed several UI bugs with the corral interface
- It should no longer be possible to remove the “perma charm” from Item Dream monsters
- A new type of Orb has been added to the game that add SKILL MODS to whatever equipment you want! These modifiers will change and upgrade existing abilities in unique ways. These Skill Orbs are used in the Dreamcaster just like other types, BUT they cost JP instead of Gold if you want to guarantee that the mod will be added upon completion of the Item Dream.
- Thirty three (33) new Skill Orbs have been added to the game, representing 33 different skill upgrades/transformations - 3 per job. More will be coming! These Skill Orbs begin dropping later in the game, around the second boss and onward. By using these new Skill Orbs, you can greatly change your character’s build and gameplay style!
- At higher levels, you can now find rumors to defeat Boss Gangs. These rumors involve defeating a trio of challenging champions on any existing map in the game. The reward is guaranteed to be some kind of Lucid or Skill Orb.
- Added dynamic font support (needed for some UI things, and definitely for localization!). Non-English fonts are now possible, even non-Western!
- More code cleanup and refactoring for special effects and statuses that were previously hardcoded in a bad way
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Abilities that do not take a turn to use will now say “Free Turn!” in the description, instead of “CT Bonus: 200”
- The effect of the legendary consumable is now displayed in your flask infusion list
- The job change UI now notes learned abilities when you hover over them
- The job change UI also shows unspent JP in a given job
- Adjusted equipment defense comparisons to be more accurate (thanks Zhentar!)
- The floor name (upper left of the UI) now displays if the current level is easier or harder than average
- Adjusted equipment rarities slightly. All non-legendary/set gear now follows this pattern: Common (no mods), Uncommon (one mod), Magical (two), Rare (three), Artifact (four or more). LEGENDARY gear now has a Rarity of Legendary instead of Artifact.
b082a (16 October 2017)
- New HuSyn top/side idle and run animations!
- New SNOW tileset!
- Clones created by Shadow Stalk will now summon toward the direction that you attacked in
- Line of sight has been simplified for monsters that want to attack the player. If YOU can see THEM, they can see you - unless they have been blinded in some way. Otherwise, if you CAN’T see them, they CAN’T see you.
- Damage from Sludge Spirits’ on-death effect reduced by about 27%
- Player pets now take only 1/4 damage from any ground-based effects (acid/sludge clouds, fires, poison, shadow traps etc)
- Stamina/Energy costs adjusted for Edge Thane. Now, Verses and Highland Charge cost Stamina, while Songs and Furious Crescendo cost Energy.
- Increased drop chance of uncommon and magical seeds
- Edge Thane’s 2nd innate ability now also reduces the number of actions needed to increase song intensity. (The base # actions has now increased a bit.)
- Paladin max Wrath Charges increased from 3 to 5. However, base power of Divine Fury (per bolt) and Shield Slam’s “Divine Defense” has been decreased a bit.
- The stacking “Shadow Vulnerable” effect now refreshes duration when the target is hit with the debuff again. However, the debuff amount is reduced from 20% to 15% per stack, and the debuff duration is much lower.
- Newly created monsters in the Corral previously inherited weapon power equal to the average of their parents’ weapons. Now, they will do this and also gain a modest increase on top.
- Fixed major bug with items gaining challenge value each time the game is saved and loaded.
- You should no longer get “appease monster” rumors for Beastlake Park
- Spice names should no longer double up (“Cilantro Cilantro”)
- Fixed soft lock that would sometimes occur at start of the 2nd boss fight
- Fixed various LOS bugs and edge cases.
- Possible fix at issue where screen would stay black after switching areas
- Fixed visual offset in the second boss fight
- Fixed bug with Edge Thane’s mastery ability
- Potential fix for rare issue where, if monsters broke a destructible and scooped up coins, they would sometimes drop empty stacks of coins.
- Fixed game error that occurred when dragging inventory items FROM your hotbar IN to your inventory on the Consumables page
- Fixed potential infinite money exploit with gem leaves
- Fixed prices of starter weapons when sold to the shop
- When toggling the player hud on/off, the low health screen border will also be toggled
- Fixed bug that allowed for using Tycho’s Thunder with an offhand item
- Fixed bug where the second Edge Thane innate bonus was not increasing the base duration of Songs
- Fixed bug where sometimes your corral pets would end up in the bottom-left corner of the screen, when creating new characters in the same slot.
- Fixed bug where monsters hit with a Monster Mallet would permanently lose their powers in some cases.
- Fixed bug where some monster passives were not displayed in the corral stats view
- There is now a Wardrobe in town. Interact with it to change your outfit (character sprite) to any job you’ve been. NOTE: This is only operational on NEW characters as of this build.
- Yet more work on the field of view / line of sight algorithm, fine tuning and tweaking.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When hovering over / examining monsters that have multiple status effects, effects of the same name will be combined into stacks
- When hovering / examining over any tile, actors of the same name will also be combined into stacks (i.e., Mud x8, Blazing Fire x3, etc)
- Added new callout from Jorito when you are capable of learning Weapon Masteries.
- The visual “Item Rank” of an item now changes when it is upgraded in Item Dreams
b081c (09 October 2017)
- New animations that play before the 1st and 2nd boss fights
- Numerous updates to the dungeon tilesets
- New debuff visual FX
- Several new status effect icons
- Converted all on-screen text to text meshes for maximum clarity and sharpness at all resolutions (this will also allow us to fully support localization)
- If you counter-attack an enemy, your counter-attack will no longer trigger enemy reaction effects such as reactive regen, thorns, or Frostspike Armor.
- Dungeon Maps now reveal the CURRENT floor of the dungeon
- Immunology no longer affects the duration of stun/freeze effects
- The stun from Escape Artist now lasts 4 turns (up from 3)
- Frostbite weapon mod now has a proc chance of 12% (down from 20%)
DAMAGE EFFECT BUG
- In this build, we fixed an enormous bug with damage multiplying effects. Things ranging from special items to monster states (champion/bosses) to pet damage scaling, certain food buffs, and status effects, were simply not working as intended. Fixing this will have major repercussions throughout the entire game as virtually every effect that “increased damage”, “lowered damage” (etc) was not working at all.
- Now that these effects are working, many skills and items will be stronger. HOWEVER, the impact on game balance goes the other way as well. Champions were intended to have a damage bonus scaling with number of mods, and ‘enrage’ state. Likewise, NG+ monsters, bosses, and player summoned pets all should have received a damage bonus depending on level.
- You will no longer receive XP rewards for completing rumors at max level
- Fixed bug with Ice Tortoise acting wonky
- Fixed a number of ability effects not quite working properly due to some under-the-hood name changes
- Fixed display issue with the Strength tooltip on the character sheet
- Sharing Romantic meals with monsters no longer consumes the entire stack
- Added code that detects corrupted player preferences and resets them when this occurs, rather than screwing up the entire game load
- Fixed bug with the Muguzmo encounter at the campfire site
- Stairs should no longer appear in boss fights until you defeat the boss
- Fixed equipment comparisons not displaying in the shop
- Fixed bug that was evaluating Dust in the Wind damage wrong (very wrong)
- Battle data (i.e. parry/crit chance) is now instantly recalculated when learning a skill
- After a Romantic Meal, the grove music should return
- Fixed line of sight bug: Monsters would sometimes be able to get an attack in on the player on the turn the player moved out of the sight
- Fixed occasional bug where the cost to remove a mod from an item via Dreamcaster was hidden
- Fixed visual bug with Gambler hand sometimes appearing too large
- Fixed wonky behavior of champion Ice Daggers
- Fixed rare error related to corral trees sharing IDs with actors in the same save slot, causing game soft locks
- Possibly fixed bug with music slider not working properly
- Possibly fixed bug where Treasure Hunters would sometimes target themselves with their own abilities (??)
- Possibly fixed odd behavior with champion Ice Prisons
- Fixed bug where Hunter’s Eagle Eye would allow you to shoot through walls (and enemies would be able to shoot you back)
- Antipode Blade’s elemental damage bonus no longer disappears after one turn
- New job - the EDGE THANE! This powerful warrior combines mastery of two-handed weapons with magical songs that increase in intensity as she fights. The Edge Thane’s abilities are based around being in the thick of combat, and are most powerful when fighting challenging foes or groups of monsters. Charge headlong into battle and tales will be sung of your glorious achievements!
- Multiple non-legendary two-handed swords have been added to the game. These are very powerful weapons in terms of raw damage, but of course… they take up two hands. (Note: Sprites for these new items are placeholder and will be replaced.)
- Tons of ongoing code cleanup and refactoring for easier maintenance and addition.
- Engine code setting the stage for faster loading of abilities, statuses, and effects
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The hotbar hover text on the main HUD now scales the box up instead of shrinking the text
- Seasoned meals now display the seasoning used in the meal name
- The player’s Flame Serpents are now colored blue to contrast with enemy fire effects
- Loot dropped by monsters and chests is now less likely to end up in lava
- Adjusted the info box position on the Skill sheet so it doesn’t overlap with other things
- On the Character screen, identical status effects will be combined and displayed with a count of the stacks of that status
- The Character screen now shows your overall bonuses to damage and defense (i.e. ALL damage increased/decreased, ALL defense increased/decreased)
- Added clear log messages for when monsters resist fear
- Character sheet will now show your elemental damage bonuses
b080c (02 October 2017)
- This build will RESET your current progress in the dungeon, but you will keep all your character data: level, JP, skills, equipment collected, etc. Your progress in Riverstone Camp and Riverstone Grove will also be preserved.
- Gambler and Hunter top/side animations
- New artwork for Friendship Forest
- Multiple critical damage mods should no longer spawn on one item
- Newly-hatched monsters now always gain one level compared to the average of their parents’ level
- It is no longer possible to counter-attack/riposte ranged attacks (you can still PARRY them, or use Two-Finger Catch)
- Feeding monsters “OK” food now has a comparatively lower benefit than feeding them food they love (but the game now tracks love/hated foods, see Quality of Life section)
- Fixed lighting/fog of war render issues
- Fixed boss health bar overlap issues / staying on screen after boss death
- Fixed Item Dream charmed monsters not working correctly
- Fixed dagger damage display
- Restored a number of missing effects and stat bonuses due to b079’s changes to some data structures. This also fixes a number of magic mods not working on loaded items
- Fixed error where creating new characters in an existing save slot would not port over items from the Bank
- The low health indicator will now appear if you load a game and your character is at low health
- Probably fixed issue with Gambler hand that summons mini-Panthox
- Fixed some logic issues with Foraging magic mod (previously Scavenging) and the Scavenger magic mod…
- “Fighting Spirit” weapon mastery for Fists should no longer trigger unless you are actually using your fists
- Fixed damage of Dust in the Wind
- Changes to the challenge value (rank) of an item when upgraded or modified should now be properly saved/loaded
- Hopefully, really, actually fixed the bug with the off-center corral monster view
- When starting New Game+ or rebuilding maps due to save data change, various bugs have been fixed such as your hotbars being cleared
- Fixed bug with aggro logic that was causing enemies to aggro over and over without attacking
- Fixed MAJOR line of sight calculation error
- It is no longer possible to hit Sentry Bots from the 3rd boss fight with the monster mallet
- “Longshot” and “Deadeye” magic mods now ONLY work with bows
- Fixed bug with a number of ‘empower attack’ effects, whose damage was sometimes not calculated properly due to multiple attacks overwriting each other’s damage
- Refactored how maps are stored, which should give more flexibility for future changes in map design/layouts. This also reduces the total map size by ~50%
- Wrote code that determines if map save data structure is mismatched; if so, the game will preserve the hero and meta progress while rebuilding the dungeon.
- More optimizations to core data file size (~30% savings)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- As you feed monsters in the corral, Jesse will now track which monsters enjoy which foods
- The traps in the second boss fight now disappear when the boss(es) are defeated
- “Scavenging” magic mod renamed to “Foraging”, to avoid confusion with the character creation perk “Scavenger”
- “Frozen” champion mod is now “Frostspike”
b078e (02 October 2017)
- Normally I don't post notes for hotfix / intermediate builds, but I've published so many bug fixes and tweaks that I wanted to list everything that has been done since the b078 main release.
- Hunter side/top walk and idle animations
- New art for the carrot patch!
- Lucid Orbs no longer drop at a high frequency, or from early champions/bosses
- Fixed bug with Righteous Charge and a number of other skills caused by a change in b078
- Fixed bug with Spellshift: Materialize applying double cooldowns to non-Spellshaper abilities
- Fixed bug with controller input when selecting skills on the hotbar
- Fixed bug with many items not being enterable/modifiable via the Dreamcaster (items were reporting the opposite ‘valid’ state as intended). Also fixed bug where some items WERE valid for Dreamcaster (even in previous build) that shouldn’t have been
- Fixed bug with many damaging abilities on non-English systems due to how decimals are parsed from datafiles
- Fixed some incorrect item sprites
- Fixed rare game load bug related to badly-written XML data
- Disabled special ability modifiers from spawning on gear (still an in-development feature)
- Fixed game load bug when incorrect / bad monster target aggro data was written to save
- Fixed bug where knocked-out monsters would sometimes not follow the player around
- Hot Streak now correctly picks a random direction to dash in
- Fixes to the wavy “Now Loading” text glitching every so often
- Fixed bug that occurred if a Charm effect was reflected back to the hero
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from planting trees
- Spitting Plants should no longer move around
- Fixed corral monster display sometimes rendering off-center
- Fixed bug where some menu shortcuts would not work after bringing a new monster to the corral
- Goldfrogs should more reliably explode into coins, even if killed by pets or other effects
- Fixed bug with Jumping Shot not firing off reliably
- Fixed bug that occurred when quitting to title and attempting to continue a save slot
- Fixed background display errors in some zones
- Fixed bug where canceling your escape portal sometimes did not work
- Fixed bug related to the ‘info bar’ UI not behaving consistently
- Smoothed over directional casting of abilities like “Fan of Knives” when using the mouse
- Special weapon shop should no longer spawn items with multiple copies of the same magic mod
- Flask infusions and data about what masteries you’ve learned from Jorito should no longer be cleared in NG+
- Added 5th tier shield
- Added a new side quest and mini-side area related to rose petals
- Further improved smoothness of game load
- Reduction of core game save size by another 14%
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Cleaned up and clarified the tree info display in the magic grove
- Lucid orbs now display the required equipment slot (if any)
b078 (02 October 2017)
- IMPORTANT! As monster corral data structures have changed as of b075, old captured monsters may not behave 100% as intended (i.e. missing powers or traits). We recommend releasing your existing monsters and capturing new ones if you want to appreciate all benefits of the new system.
- Cute lil’ running animation during game load, plus more accurate world generation load bar
- New artwork for Uncommon and Magical trees!
- New side/top running and idle animations for Spellshaper and Budoka
- New art for valuables dropped by trees
- New art for Floramancer’s Spitting Plant
- New icons for Summon Spirit Wolf and Summon Spitting Plant
- “Vanishing” reactive effect on player and monsters is now more erratic as opposed to always going max range in one direction
- Second boss fight has been altered! Should be more challenging, probably.
- Sludge Spirits now take minimal damage from poison and shadow
- For many summon effects that previously didn’t stack, you will now create a new summon on top of an existing one (destroying the old one) rather than your new summon not working at all. For example, casting a Bed of Thorns on an almost-expired existing Bed of Thorns will essentially refresh the duration of the bed.
- Changed how ability targeting works under-the-hood, which should allow you to summon things like Bed of Thorns or Creeping Death under your allies. However this may have inadvertently caused some abilities to hurt your allies, so please report these cases if they occur!
- Rumors with a requirement that limits your max # of steps have been relaxed further
- In New Game+, champions may spawn with up to 5 mods
- Daggers now calculate damage from Strength and Guile instead of just Strength
- Two-handed weapons can now support up to 8 magic mods, instead of just 5
- Fixed game load bug related to Radiant Aura in pre-b077 saves
- Fixed flask sprite not working on click sometimes
- Fixed bug with unresponsive dialog options
- Fixed bug where Goldfrog coins could be picked up infinitely
- Monsters knocked out by a Monster Mallet will eventually lose their ‘costume party’ and ‘big mode’ attributes
- Fixed bug with pet party UI behavior when collapsed (it would sometimes pop open)
- Item Dream Crystals should no longer ever be in “big mode”
- Fixed Sword Dancer sprite flickering
- Various keyboard shortcuts should no longer interfere with typing monster names at the corral
- Gems dropped from trees will now be sold when you select “Sell All…” items at merchants
- Fixed bug where “food loving” monsters would not save/load their behavior correctly
- Fixed bug where planting trees would not use the most rare seed (or any seed at all, sometimes?)
- Newly-hatched monsters should correctly inherit the average of their parents’ levels
- Fixed data corruption error that could occur with captured monsters sometimes
- Fixed bug with keyboard/controller cursor not appearing in the Dreamcaster interface
- Painter quest should no longer send you to the Casino
- Looting consumables of different rarity should no longer convert an entire stack to that rarity
- Fixed bug that sometimes made it impossible to start a New Game+
- Fixed bug where “ghost pets” could sometimes stick around on maps
- Fixed game error that could occur if the game was exited while a champion monster was using a champion-specific charge attack
- The Bed of Thorns summoned by your Floraconda now fills 8 tiles, instead of just 1
- Fixed UI bug with the “Pet Party” UI on resolutions lower than 1080p
- Fixed bug where multiple captured monsters of the same species would show the same name in the corral UI
- Fixed error with releasing monsters from the corral
- Fixed bug where auto-learning mastery abilities for certain jobs did not work
- Fixed weapon comparisons not working for Budoka’s fists
- There are now uncommon Orbs of Reverie that have magic mods already attached! These are called “Lucid Orbs”. In the Dreamcaster, you can now select the specific Orb you’d like to use when you enter a Dream. As long as you’ve put enough gold in with the Orb, you will be guaranteed to receive that Orb’s specific magic mod when you defeat the Memory King.
- It is now possible to get Lucid Orbs as a reward for Rumors.
- Added three new higher-ranked Crossbows!
- Added even more functionality to the data-driven dialog / conversation system
- Refactored resource loading further
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You can now actually choose which seed to plant in the Magic Grove!
- Clicking on an enemy will automatically switch to firing a ranged weapon, if your ranged weapon is not equipped (but on your hotbar). Pressing “F” if you have a melee weapon equipped will switch you to a ranged weapon.
- Added error sound, log text and character jitter in some situations where an action is not possible (better visual/audio feedback)
- Cursor Repeat Delay option “feels” a lot better now. It now sets the delay after holding a directional button before that button repeats at a faster rate.
- Pressing “Cancel” on the inventory or equipment screen when a submenu is open will now close the submenu but not the main UI
- Healing AND damaging items now properly show the healing/damage range instead of a random value
- If you are wearing Vanishing gear, a combat log message will appear when you warp
- A new visual effect has been added to indicate when your HP is dangerously low (<25%)
- You can now instantly warp back to town (or to the side area entrance) from “safe” areas in the dungeon, such as merchant zones
- Improvements to item comparisons, written by a player! (Thanks Zhentar!)
- The Equipment Bonuses readout now “stacks” identical effects and displays how many of those effects you have, such as: “Pet health up (x3)”
- The Equipment Bonuses readout now adds a scrollbar if the text exceeds the window size
b.077b (18th September 2017)
- Top/side idle and run animations for Floramancer, Sword Dancer, Paladin
- Weapon mastery JP costs adjusted: Tier 1 = 400jp, Tier 2 = 500jp, Tier 3 = 600jp
- Base chance of items dropping from Magic Trees has been reduced slightly (but rare seeds/trees have a higher chance)
- The “double healing effect” dream crystal aura now applies to Stamina/Energy restoring effects as well
- Max healing flask charges has been capped at 255
- “Basil” flask infusion has been rebalanced: Now restores an additional 6% of MAX HP over 5 turns (versus an instant 3% of max HP from the other infusion option)
- Goldfrogs now actually explode into a shower of coins.
- The reward dropoff for fighting lower-level monsters has been softened; now, it generally takes one more XP level than previously for monsters to become Worthless
- To compensate for the above change, XP curves have also been adjusted slightly; total amount of XP to reach higher levels has been increased a bit, mostly weighted toward lower levels
- Very slightly reduced the base XP and JP rewards from all enemies (almost entirely affects only the early game)
- Slightly reduced the stats of the first boss and his minions
- Decreased mob density in the Fungal Caverns
- Brigand’s Cloak & Dagger and Shadowstep abilities now deal extra damage to enemies in a Smoke Cloud
- Sword Dancer’s Unconscious Riposte also increases counterattack damage by 30%
- Floramancer’s Thorned Skin now applies to summoned Spitting Plants
- Paladin’s Divine Fury damage decreased to 35% Weapon + Spirit Power per bolt (down from 40%), cooldown increased from 7 -> 8 turns
- Paladin’s Radiant Aura now costs 7 Energy per block and no longer generates Wrath charges when you block. Instead, it will now empower your Blessed Hammers to USE a wrath charge when they are cast to deal +25% more damage.
- Monster health bars should correctly update when toggled on
- The merchant in Bottles & Brews should show up again (in new games)
- The Dreamcaster will now accurately list guaranteed upgrades for Quivers
- Fixed some bugs with text not appearing in the banker’s money deposit/withdrawal UI
- Fixed bug with wandering merchants appearing while using a tent
- Fixed game soft crash when fast traveling to certain locations
- Flagged several maps as having unbreakable walls that were unintentionally breakable (i.e. branching path areas)
- Fixed more LOS logic. Now, if you can see and attack a monster, it will always be able to attack you as well (unless it has been blinded…)
- The info bar should appear when using an ability, indicating what you are using and what the ability does
- Fixed bug where you could sometimes trigger the Flask when pressing “enter” in dialog/shop UI
- Fixed bug where you could select a slot to load and then, during the fade out, click another slot
- The magic tree grove has been improved! Now, the different types of seeds you find in Tangledeep each result in a meaningfully different species of tree. Not only do these species look different, but the items they produce are different as well. There are four species, each of which produces totally unique items.
- Magic seeds can now drop in rarities other than COMMON, resulting in even better trees! Uncommon and Magical seeds result in trees that produce more and better items, and yield more XP/JP when they are chopped down.
- New Fist Mastery (3rd tier) - Fighting Spirit. Attacking with your fists adds a stacking Confidence buff that increases all of your damage and defense by 3%. The buff duration is short, but is refreshed with each attack.
- New legendary consumable that permanently buffs your flask!
- Significant optimizations to level generation time
- Reduced XML save file size by ~10%
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The new “Pet Party” HUD UI can be toggled on/off via shortcut (check the Key Binding window to map this to your desired button)
- Item rarity is now displayed next to item rank (thanks for the suggestion, colorblind players!)
- Targeting of Hunter’s Grappling Hook makes more sense now: instead of targeting a wall directly, you target any empty tile NEXT to a wall
- When the Knight’s Shovel is used in an area where walls are indestructible, you will get an error message in the log - but your shovel will no longer be consumed
- The list of monster food in the corral now shows the quantity of each available item in your inventory
- After feeding a monster in the corral and seeing the monster’s reaction to the food, the food list will open back up
- In Heroic mode, if a healing effect no longer works due to monsters being Worthless, you will get a tutorial popup (once)
- Page Up and Page Down shortcuts have been added. These should default map to the Page Up/Down keys on keyboard, as well as L1/R1 on controller. When pressing these buttons, you will scroll through single-column lists like merchant item lists or the Dreamcaster, one page at a time.
- Pressing the “Confirm” button now auto-completes any ‘typewriter’ style text if the text speed is set to anything slower than Instant
- Pressing “Right” in the cooking UI will take you to the Ready? Cook button
- The combat log now indicates when time has passed in the game world.
- When sorting by Value in any item list, the value used will now be the value of an individual item rather than the stack of items
- When using ranged abilities or weapons, the cursor’s default target should now be ‘smarter’, focusing on the last enemy that attacked you or other hostile combat targets. It should no longer target neutral enemies such as Fungal Columns at all
- Monster corral pets are now immune to lava
IMPORTANT! As monster corral data structures have changed as of b075, old captured monsters may not behave 100% as intended (i.e. missing powers or traits). We recommend releasing your existing monsters and capturing new ones if you want to appreciate all benefits of the new system.
- Floramancer’s Compost ability should work more reliably
- The “Sealed” status no longer prevents you from using your Flask
- Corral pets now receive 50% of your healing (up from 25%)
- Newly-bred monsters will now gain more health (as well as core stats) if one of their parents has a rarity above Common
- Fixed various bugs related to pre-b075 monsters captured in the corral
- Fixed bug where you could sometimes attack your corral pets
- Added protections and error checking to prevent duplicate items from being added to inventories on load for any reason
- Adjusted “fetched item” magic chance (was 100% every time)
- Fixed minor bug that caused corral monsters to appear to be “Jaw-Dropping” when they were, in fact, Ugly
- Fixed minor bug where pressing UP at the top of the corral food list would drop you down to the lowest visible item on the list, as opposed to the actual bottom of the list
- Fixed bug related to hovering over objects sometimes not showing info due to new line-of-sight algorithm
- Jesse will now give your un-named monsters names
- Fixed bugs when selecting STATS for a monster in the corral and then clicking buttons to interact with that monster
- Fixed bug where flask infusions would sometimes stop working after save/load
- Fixed game error with Hunter’s Shadow Stalk ability
- Fixed visual error with the corral monster list at resolutions lower than 1080p
- If a Harmless Frog dies as your dungeon pet, it will no longer trigger a quest failure dialog
- Fixed some buggy logic that occurred if your corral pet died while using an ability
- Fixed bug with corral when restarting as the same character immediately after dying
- Possible fix for some left-click-to-fire LOS issues
- Fixed game load bug with Plunderers in the corral
- Likely fixed bugs with some monsters’ player-created names not consistently showing up in the corral
- Fixed error related to Brigand’s Find Weakness ability
- Mega refactor of how spellshapes work under-the-hood
QUALITY OF LIFE
- A new pet/summon tab has been added to the player HUD in the lower right corner, replacing the old/ugly white text display. This is a ‘drawer’ style UI that you can expand / collapse to view all your active pet/summons’ health and summon duration (if any).
- Spellshaper’s Evocation ability tooltips now display descriptive text for any spellshapes active, as well as modified costs due to spellshapes
IMPORTANT! As monster corral data structures have changed as of b075, old captured monsters may not behave 100% as intended (i.e. missing powers or traits). We recommend releasing your existing monsters and capturing new ones if you want to appreciate all benefits of the new system.
- New sprites for lategame monsters: Guardian Orbiter, Phasma Emitter, Barrier Crystal, Research Overseer, Bandit Sniper, Medi-Ray Generator, Neutralizer
- Work-in-progress sprites for Floramancer and Sword Dancer top/side positions
- Effects that heal you to full, such as using a Tent, getting healed by Percy in town, or resting at a campfire, will now heal all your summons/pets to full as well.
- Effect of Monster Chow on monster beauty has been reduced a bit
- Friendly Thunder Spirits' attack has been weakened (was using the wrong power value)
- Objects on tiles will now trigger when you move to them via abilities. For example, you will now pick up powerups / fountains after using abilities like Wild Horse or Shadowstep. This means abilities will also trigger Phoenix Wing!
- Gambler’s second innate ability works a bit differently. Instead of removing suits from the deck, you can still draw any suit. After the first card drawn however, your next draws are ‘luckier’ and will draw from only one of three suits.
- Really, actually, seriously fixed bug where adding a weapon to the hotbar in the dungeon was NOT passing a turn as intended. This now happens whether you are using drag+drop, hotkeys 1-4, or the dropdown sub menu.
- Added extra checks to ensure player does not fast travel into solid rock when going to safe side areas
- Fixed bug with selling certain paired items that could result in infinite gold being generated
- Fixed bug with item pairs not always being saved or loaded properly from save
- Food dropped from trees should no longer spawn IN the trees
- You can no longer cook with Monster Chow
- Fixed map generation error related to the new 'final hub' region
- Fixed bug related to Power Kick ability
- Fixed block chance bonus not working with Big Giant Circlet, Vortex Epaulets, Crystal Ring
- Fixed effect of Kadino's Remorse not working
- Fixed bugs related to the branching map terrain (i.e. stone pillar blocking cave in the post boss 2 branch)
- Fixed bugs that were causing a number of magic mods to not spawn on items
- Possible fix where dialog windows were sometimes not sized properly
- Fixed bug where certain spreading ground effects would get 'stuck' and stay on the battlefield forever
- Fixed bug where ground effects summoned by monsters, after saving and loading the game, would sometimes lose their faction / originating actor info
- Fixed bug where HuSyn's Static Field was not emanating from the Runic Crystal
- Rumors will no longer appear for endgame areas
- Various buggy logic with Gambler’s Wild Cards fixed (Kings were not being drawn!)
- Fixed bugs with Deadly Void overlapping Conduit terrain in Item Dreams, and “Deadly Void” appearing as terrain name where no Void exists
The monster corral has been massively improved for more FUN with MONSTERS!
You can now hold up to TWELVE monsters in the corral. You can view each monster's stats anytime including their weapon power, abilities/skills, and relationships (see below).
Monsters who have reached the "Content" level of happiness or higher can now be brought into the dungeon as permanent pets, by using the BUDDY UP button! However, be careful, as if your pet falls in Tangledeep, it's gone for good. To compensate, these monster pets will receive 25% of your healing effects. You can also put them back in the corral anytime.
As monster pets can be very powerful indeed, the passive combat bonuses from the corral have been removed.
Monsters now have relationships with one another. These relationships develop as days pass in the game world (exploring new floors, completing Item Dreams.) There are many factors which can influence relationships... Happiness, Beauty, being in the same family or of the same species...
There is a new "spice" that can be found in the world, as well as from certain merchants: Rose Petals. Use these to cook a special Romantic meal. Bring this to the corral, and who knows what could happen?! If two monsters that are fond of each other share a meal, you might end up with an egg and a brand-new monster that shares traits from both!
Monsters will no longer lay eggs by themselves. However, all monsters have a chance at fetching / digging up random items.
New high level champion mod: Steeltoe (immune to ground-based effects)
- Line of sight has been made more lenient across the board; situations where you could not see enemies (and vice versa) should be less common
- Added support for custom/unique monsters created in-game and on-the-fly
- Added support for dialog system to trigger custom functions from data
- Massive amounts of code cleanup, refactoring, and preparation for porting to new platforms
- Corral monsters now save both their combat and non-combat corral data
- Numerous performance optimizations
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When harvesting food from your trees, the log will now say what food was harvested
- You can now name monsters when you bring them to the corral
- A new “Auto Equip Best Offhand” option has been created. When selected, the game will attempt to equip the most appropriate offhand for your current mainhand weapon, unless you have explicitly paired an offhand to that weapon.
- When LEFT CLICKING on a monster that is outside of range, if you have a ranged weapon equipped, you will no longer move. If you RIGHT CLICK on that monster you will start moving toward it.
- Medi-Ray Executor is now Medi-Ray Generator
Patch b.074a (05 September)
- Slow-moving lasers ("Energy Fields") will now disappear after hitting a wall
- "KING" champions (2 mods) will no longer appear before the first boss
- MINIBOSS champions (3 mods) will no longer appear before the second boss
- Fixed bug with Jumping Shot not always firing correctly
- Fixed bug with entering "+++" items via Dreamcaster
- Fixed bug where resistance gaind by nutmeg seasoning did not wear off
- Fixed bug where spreading effects like monster sludge would not hit you if you stayed in place
- Fixed many monster abilities that were only hitting one target despite a larger AOE
- The player is now susceptible to being Sealed (cannot use abilities)
- The end of the game has been changed significantly. Going up from the 19th floor now takes you to a hub area; from here, you can go directly to the final boss, but doing so will result in a much harder battle than before. To make the challenge more fair and disrupt the final boss's abilities, you can now enter 4 new areas from the hub, fighting mini-bosses in each.
- NOTE: The new endgame areas are only available on characters / saves created in this patch
- As part of the above change, there are now a variety of new top-level monsters and mini-bosses toward the end of the game. Many of these do not have new art yet; this will be coming soon!
- Major refactoring of how ability targeting/factions work. This may have broken some stuff, but it should make things much more maintanable and expandable going forward.
- Lots of data file cleanup, particularly on ability / status effect files (which were well into the 10s of thousands of lines!!!)
Patch b.073 (05 September 2017)
- Brigand animation updated
- The way the Dreamcaster works has been adjusted. Now, you can enter an item as many times as you want until it has 5 total magic mods. Items still max out at 3 "+++" upgrades, but you can continue entering them beyond this point to add more magic mods.
- Fixed bug where removing mods from items would not allow the items to be entered again by the Dreamcaster
- Fixed bug where you could enter the "Modify Item" dialog even if the item had no removable mods
- Fixed bug that broke walk/run animations for various characters, or messed up sprite orientation
- REALLY fixed bug where hidden areas would sometimes have wall tiles overlapping NPCs
- "Soulfire" ability granted by a legendary item now hits ALL enemies in its targeting range
- Fixed more bugs related to pairing weapons and offhands
- Abilities learned from masteries will now sort properly when you select "By Job"
- Attempt at fixing bug where you would sometimes learn a job's MASTER ability before actually mastering the job
- Flask infusions have been added to the game! At level 5, 10, and 15, you will be have the ability to upgrade your flask with bonus effects.
- New tier 7 legendary weapon
- New tier 5 legendary armor
- New Item Dream random property (applies to the entire dream) - Melee Boost, monsters deal more melee damage (but give greater rewards)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- The Dreamcaster will not show "Enter Item World" for items that are maxed out on magic mods, or "Modify Item" for items that have no mods to remove
- Magic mods that are inherent to items such as legendaries are now shown in a different color than other mods
- Legendary items now have a unique purple color
Patch b.072 (05 September 2017)
- Directional animations implemented for the Brigand! They look so awesome! :D
- Attack animation is no longer played during movement. The attack animation will complete up to 80% before move animation is played. Overall, this should result in less situations where you slide around during the attack frames.
- Adding weapons TO the hotbar or removing FROM the hotbar now takes a turn in the dungeon
- Fixed game loading bug
- Fixed bug where pressing cancel/escape would not properly close the monster corral grooming interface
- Fixed bug where the monster corral mini-quest would appear multiple times on the same save slot
- Actually fixed bug with tiles in hidden areas
- Fungal Spore's summoned Ice Traps now correctly summon River Elementals when targeted with Soulkeeper's summon elemental ability
- Paired item combinations should now save/load properly
- It should be possible to remove mods from +++ items (as intended)
- Fixed bug where pressing P in town to instantly return to the dungeon or item dream was not working correctly
- New "lake" style map type (you'll find it between 1F - 5F)
- WATER has a new terrain effect for anything without wings: ranged attacks (INCLUDING projectile abilities!) are more likely to miss anything in water, due to the target being partially submerged. If an attack or ability misses because of this, you will see a message in the log. Of course, flying enemies do not receive this bonus.
- Animation system now supports directional animations
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Tooltips for equipment paired to other equipment (such as sword+shield, bow+quiver) now display the paired item in the tooltip
Patch b.071 (28th August 2017)
- Several abilities used by the 3rd boss and the summoned "adds" are now more powerful
- Magic mods that convert weapon damage to elements no longer boost weapon damage by a % - it is now a flat increase. This applies to the WILD magic mod as well
- Many legendary items have been buffed with higher stats and additional mods (depending on the item, this may not apply to current versions of the items in your inventory)
- "Well-Rounded" accessory magic mod removed from the game
- Increased rewards for completing Spiny Maze
- Fixed bugs with various room templates (particularly hidden rooms)
- It is now possible to remove magic modifiers from items via the Dreamcaster. This costs one Orb of Reverie plus gold (depending on the rank & rarity of the item). Removing magic properties does NOT remove the extra core bonuses (such as weapon power or armor defense) from upgrading the item. You can continue entering the item as much as you would like by removing magic mods, but keep in mind you will not get additional "+" bonus upgrades beyond the third.
- Seven new weapon magic mods related to elemental damage, including a second tier of mods!
- New weapon mod: WARLORD'S (stronger version of Gladiator's)
- Shields can now offer varying amounts of damage reduction on block. The standard amount is still 35%; Paladins increase this to 50%.
- Magical shields now have guaranteed higher % damage reduction on block
- Magical offhand books now have guaranteed +% elemental damage
- Magical quivers now have guaranteed boosts to ranged attack damage
- Magical accessories now have guaranteed bosts to ALL core stats
- Extensive work done to convert various in-game text objects (log messages, UI stuff) into a format that can be easily localized
QUALITY OF LIFE
- It is now possible to PAIR your currently equipped offhand with your currently equipped weapon. Just click/confirm on your offhand to see this new option. Paired offhands are auto-favorited, too! The way this works is very simple: When you switch to the mainhand weapon of choice, the paired offhand will auto-equip with it. If you have a mainhand weapon WITHOUT a paired offhand, the game will pick the best option it can, as it did before.
- It is now possible to equip an offhand item even if your mainhand is empty. This is useful if, for example, you are a Budoka and want to keep your mainhand free for punching, but use a shield in your offhand.
- Damaged blocked by shields is now shown in the item tooltip
Patch b.068a (17th August 2017)
Patch b.068 (16th August 2017)
- Various recolored skill icons, plus Soulkeeper and 2nd mastery tier skill icons
- Numerous new item sprites
- New generic Echo and Health powerup sprites
- New "Constrict" sprite effect
- Updated idle/hit animation for Dirtbeak
- Various updated tiles
- Discipline no longer offers "Defeat Dodge" and "Defeat Parry", which were sort of weird bonuses that didn't feel great. It does, however, now scale pet health UP.
- Monster Slaying magic mods now stack, so if you are dual-wielding or using a quiver, you can gain huge damage bonuses against specific monster families!
- Staff and Crossbow weapons no longer have a damage penalty in melee range
- Only Spears and the Flail now have a ranged damage penalty
- 2nd boss fight is a bit harder now (boss abilities are now used more frequently, Void Bolt has range of 5 instead of 4)
- Bow weapon power adjusted down slightly
- Many food items and meals now make you Full for a shorter duration
- Buffed effects of Pumpkin, Pumpkin Bread, Hearty Meatwich, Mint Fudge, and Charcuterie
- Fixed bug where Butler's Bell could summon food into walls and NPCs
- If you were at low health before getting healed by Percy, your health bar should no longer flash red after the heal
- Immunology should no longer prevent you from getting the FULL debuff after eating food
- Food spawned from trees in the Grove should no longer get stuck in the trees
- Added extra checks to ensure the "boss defeated" event always occurs in the second boss fight
- Legendary items no longer fail to receive new magic mods in Item Dreams
- You should no longer get Rumors that send you to pre/post boss areas
- Fixed bug where you could not fail multiple "No Flask" challenge rumors at the same time
- Fixed bugs that could mess with boss fight logic if you quit the game during the fight dialog
- Fixed bug where saving and quitting after beating a Memory King would cause an Item Dream to spawn endless Memory Kings and allow infinite item upgrades. Fun!
- Quivers and Magic Books no longer get magic mods related to blocking/shields. Quivers instead will now get certain weapon mods such as +critical damage and +damage to monster families, as well as unique mods. Same with magic books!
- New QUIVER magic mods: Longshot, Withering, Deadeye
- New BOOK magic mods: Nimble, Quickening, Prismatic
- New status effect: SEALED. When afflicted with this ailment, characters cannot use any abilities (but can still attack, move, and use items as normal.)
- New WEAPON magic mod: SEALING
- New universal magic mod: HUNGRY
- Side areas will now spawn one (or more) bonus treasure chests upon clearing the area. These chests are chock full of loot and have a higher chance of dropping Legendary and Set items!
- New rumor challenge! For greater rewards, you may not change gear (other than weapons) until the rumor is complete
- New item: Heavy Mystery Egg! Hatches a monster from the ~12th floor of the dungeon.
- New items: Bog Frog and Rock Viper Eggs!
- Various shop owners will now stock even higher level goods, based on your character level (many shops previously only had 2 tiers of goods)
- Added 4th tier Spellbook!
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Rumors to find specific areas will now state their connecting map.
- Food item will now display how many turns you will be Full for after eating
- You can now CLICK on ingredients or seasoning on the Cooking screen to instantly add them (you can still drag and drop, if you prefer)
IMPORTANT! The Soulkeeper job is now live in this patch. I'm calling it a "BETA" because there are some icons/FX missing, and the job has so many new mechanics there may be some unexpected bugs I missed during testing. Please keep that in mind as you play it!
- New tile set + variations
- Removed the "lose 10% HP" Item Dream Crystal aura from the game
- Charmed/friendly monsters should always prioritize buffing you, if possible, rather than themselves
- Slingshots should no longer have ranged damage penalties
- Banker and other meta progress should no longer be shared between slots when switching in the same session
- Fixes to some inconsistent LOS targeting issues (there are more to be done)
- The first bolt of Divine Fury now properly benefits from the Paladin innate ability that buffs your next Smite Evil/Divine bolt on block
- Fixed issue dragging/dropping items to the 8th slot on the Consumables tab
- Champion monsters should no longer be able to give the Turtling / Barrier shields to other monsters
- Fixed bug where the scrollbar in the Dreamcaster interface was not working correctly
- Fixed issue where floor 4F was not connecting to the hideout entrance before the first boss
- Possible fix for rare NullRef related to "Supporter" type monsters, such as Bandit Buffslingers
- Fixed bug where food-loving monsters would take the whole stack instead of just one item
- Fixed major bug where after selling a stack of goods to the shop you could buy the stack back for the price of just 1
- A new job, the SOULKEEPER, has been added to the game with all-new abilities! The Soulkeeper is a ranged spellcaster / summoner with a new mechanic: "Echoes". Once you have learned ANY Soulkeeper ability, you will begin accumulating Echoes from fallen enemies - these are contained within powerups. Echoes can be used for various abilities, either as a resource to cast them, or a way to power them up further. The Soulkeeper has several types of summoned creatures, but all are temporary unlike the Floramancer's pet. The Soulkeeper also prefers indirect combat and debuffs, unlike the flashy magic of the Spellshaper.
- Removed all old + inefficient LOS algorithms
- New system that allows for tracking of temporary elemental effects in tiles, for use by other effects/skills
QUALITY OF LIFE
- When selling items to the shop (or buying), the quantity being sold/bought will now be shown. You can't change the quantity yet, but still, baby steps...
Patch b.066 (14th August 2017)
- Updated art/animations: Destroyer, Jade Salamander, Bandit Brigand, Spinebro
- New sprite for Hunter's Spirit Wolf Companion!
- New Casino theme by Grant Kirkhope
- Reduced % current HP damage of Thunder Spirit's "Static Shock" effect
- Lowered overall monster respawn rate
- Further adjusted downward scaling of enemy summoned creatures like Fungal Toads from Conjurers
- Phalanx armor mod adjusted; it is now -15% melee, +15% ranged dmg taken (from -10% / +20%)
- Using damaging or summon items will now break Paladin's Sanctuary (healing / buff items are OK though)
- Bosses in New Game+ mode should be considerably harder, as intended
- Max cost of healing in town is now 9999g (was previously uncapped)
- Thundering Lion duration extended, but charges now cost 6 Energy
- Fixed bugs with Phoenix Wing trigger logic
- Blizzard Bow should no longer be able to stack another Freeze weapon mod
- Charmed Verdigrizzlies should no longer summon hostile Floracondas
- "Frozen" champions should no longer be able to cast Frostspike Armor on allies
- Relentless Current should no longer trigger twice in the same turn
- Player pets should no longer benefit from NG+ enemy scaling
- Weird monsters in the "Appease Monster" rumor/quest will now take the food with them.
- When charmed monsters become Confused after their charm wears off, you can now hit them (as intended)
- The map generator should no longer convert ground to wall tiles if the tiles have enemies or items on them
- There should no longer be maps that are disconnected with inaccessible monsters, items, or staircases.
- Possible fix for rare bug where powerups did not trigger when stepping on them
- Ascetic's Handwrap should no longer interfere with your unarmed offhand attack
- Charmed monsters will surpress their own "Berserker" trait to avoid randomly hitting the player
- The correct music will now play if you use a Tent in Riverstone Grove
- Fixed bug related to equipping multiple Knight Gloves; equipping two will not do anything, but you will also no logner lose the effect of both if you remove just one.
- Monsters with modified loot chance (such as those created by Crest of the Draik) will now have that increased chance saved/loaded properly
- You can no longer knock out Item Dream Crystals with the Monster Mallet and drag them outside of Item Dreams
- Fungal Columns no longer auto-kill all monsters with their Self Destruct
- Reworks to some Paladin abilities. "Smite Evil" now generates a Wrath charge, as does "Radiant Aura" and "Heavy Guard" if you block. You can hold a max of three Wrath charges. Divine Fury has replaced Divine Bolt, and it fires one bolt in a random AOE plus an extra bolt for each charge you have, while Shield Slam buffs your block/parry per Wrath charge.
- Second boss fight reworked with new story/dialog and pre-fight passage!
- New legendary accessory!
- New legendary weapon!
- Adjusted line of sight algorithm to be more lenient
- Cleanup and reorganizing of map gen code
- Improved flood fill algorithm to detect cutoff / disconnected maps
QUALITY OF LIFE
- "Equipped" and "Reserve" passive ability interface has been simplified. There is now a single list of all your passive abilities, including certain ones gained from your job (such as Brigand and HuSyn's mastery abilities). You can simply click or press 'confirm' to toggle passives on and off. You still have a limit of 4 job passives - "free" passives like Weapon Masteries are listed as (Free Passive).
Added clickable arrows to cycle your action hotbars
Patch b.065 (07th August 2017)
- New art for Talrose the Painter
- Art/animation updates: Thunder Spirit, Frosted Jelly, Bog Frog, Mini Jellies, Sentry Assembler, Guardian Arachnoid, Fungal Column, Bandit Spellshaper / Buffslinger
- Updated art/animations: Vine Stalker, Guardian Seeker, Lava Viper, Demon Spirit, Ancient One, Guardian Steward, Crabbid
- The Sickle weapon is now classified as a Sword and gets the appropriate bonuses / masteries
- Dechlan's Zweihander buffed
- Narrowed the damage variance of Wild mod from -50% / +50% to -35% / +35% of base damage
- Hunter's "Triple Bolt" targeting is now more lenient
- Reduced cooldown/stamina of Sword Dancer's "Hold the Moon" from 6t/25 to 5t/20
- Reduced cooldown of HuSyn's "Gravity Surge" from 12 -> 9 turns
- Reduced cooldown/stamina of HuSyn's "Crystal Shift" from 6t/20 to 5t/15
- Increased rarity and cost of Protection scrolls
- CT gain from using quivers reduced
- Harp of Havoc buffed a bit
- Shadow Stalk clones now have more aggro by default
- The Cruel Crusher weapon mastery now deals bonus damage to enemies that were stunned in the last turn; in other words, it works even if the stun has just worn off
- Distance/damage raised - but proc chance lowered to 25% - on the Plain Wooden Stick (it was just too godly)
- Monster parry chance cut by 50%
- Sword Dancer's "Phoenix Wing" has a broader area now, and will trigger both at the start and end of your turn (although enemies can only be struck once per turn).
- Rebalanced scaling of summoned monster weapons
- Added more debugging to track down turn logic errors
- Fixed bug where the equipment context menu (Equip Gear, Unequip etc) would not always re-position on the last clicked item
- Direction of projectile attacks like Blessed Hammer or enemy Spinning Blades is now properly saved/loaded (instead of defaulting to North)
- Monster ability cooldowns are now properly saved/loaded (previously, they were all reset on load)
- "Wild No Boost" magic mod should no longer appear
- Using items will no longer break Paladin's Sanctuary effect; however, attacking or using skills will.
- Added extra checks to prevent solid terrain from spawning on stairs and vice versa, especially in Item Dreams
- Fixed "out of range" exception related to summoned moving or spreading objects
- Fixed minor visual bug where some sprite FX like the Buff sprite would spawn rotated
- Attempted fix at Ice Missile sometimes casting and not doing anything
- Adjusted one of the "cave" map style algorithms to avoid monsters getting trapped in rock
- Hunter's "Triple Bolt" now works off Max HP and not current HP, as intended
- Fixed wonkiness with some scrollbars only scrolling one "item" at a time instead of an entire row
- Abilities that are intended to be free to use, such as Lightning Jab, will now execute and then set your CT to max giving you a Free Turn, as intended.
- Fixed some scrollbar bugs on the Skill page when switching between active skills and equipped support skills
- "Vanishing" magic mod should no longer teleport you into dangerous spaces or 'dug out' tiles surrounded by rock
- Attemped fix for issue where items could get stuck in walls
- Electric tiles should no longer overlap "Deadly Void" in Item World
- Fixed bug with spellshapes stacking or not toggling off correctly
- The game should now properly respect your selected fullscreen setting from the launcher
- Ocean Gem now prevents stamina loss for attacking in water, as intended
- Fixed visual bug with barrier/turtle shields again
- Fixed bug with item effects sometimes triggering twice
- Fixed minor transparency error with hero sprite and staircases on map switch
- Constitution magic mod no longer allows you to resist the "full" status effect
- Fixed bugs with 'Electrified' buff granted by charmed/friendly Thunder Spirits
- Added checks on game load to clear 0HP actors that were causing bugs
- Lightning Jab no longer allows you to target yourself
- Fixed bug where completing an Item Dream would sometimes not mark the dream as actually complete
- Fixed bug where the chance to add a magic mod via Item Dreams was erroneously always 0%, if it was lower than 100%
- Added checks to prevent bugs that sometimes resulted in multiple copies of summoned objects appearing (visual bug only)
- Fixed glitchy behavior with Sword Dancer's Ice Tortoise
- Talrose should (probably) not suggest that the floor nearby his destination is a floor above it...
- Fixed some bugs related to starting New Game+ with certain status effects applied
- Fixed issue where Gear Set items were not displayed if the Gear Set filter (but not Legendary filter) was applied
- Knocked out monsters should lose all root and stun effects immediately
- It should no longer be possible to use Eagle Eye to shoot through walls
- Tier 3, 4 and 5 Staves added ("Wizard Staff" is now a little weaker and more common, and is the Tier 2 item)
- New legendary shield!
- New legendary accessory!
- Two new legendary weapons!
- Added a little breathing area before the first boss fight as it was fairly abrupt before
- Quivers, when upgraded in Item Dreams, now receive extra crit chance
- Various refactoring and improvement of turn code to better identify errors
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Cleaned up and consolidated various equipment bonus text such as stats, crit change/dmg, and dodge in the "Bonuses" list
- New Visual option for Battle Text speed (damage numbers, buff popups etc)
- Brigand's bomb-dropping abilities now show an explosion radius before the bomb goes off
- You will now get food from Julia at the start of each adventure in Heroic or Adventure, even though the tutorial will not pop up each time
- It is now possible to hotkey weapons and items on the Equipment / Inventory screens by simply hovering with the mouse and tapping the appropriate hotkey 1-8
Patch b.063 (03rd August 2017)
NOTE: If you have corrupted resistance data (negative values) please remove all gear, go to town, wait for any temporary buffs/debuffs to wear off, and then hold right bracket ] and tap the H key. This should repair your data.
- Weapon scaling of enemy faction summoned monsters should be a little toned down now
- Adjusted scaling of enemy-summoned Fungal Toads from "Frog Gang" champion ability
- Lowered duration of Hunter's Shadow Stalk buff
- Adjusted aggro scaling of summoned creatures. Summons will no longer automatically gain a huge amount of aggro.
- "Buried Loot" chest should be much better (again)
- Fixed wrong duration estimate when hovering over food
- You should no longer trigger a weapon switch when trying to use an ability
- Possible fix addressing issue where abilities could be targeted and not actually executed, also added further debugs for this
- Fixed nullref error related to using consumables
- Fixed nullref errors related to certain states with critical, block, or parry effects
- Brigand bleed no longer procs from Staff shots
- Fixed bug where abilities intended to be single-target would sometimes hit multiple targets
- Fixed "#heroname#" display in item descriptions
- Detonate Vines no longer kills anything on top of a vine (lol)
- Monster ice wall/ice prisons should no longer be cast outside line of sight
- Fixed bug where monster shields/barriers were not always shown in the correct visual position
- When using a seasoning in cooking and you would have no more of that seasoning, it is removed from your seasoning list
- Gambler's "Sharp Eyes" buff should now be reflected on character sheet
- Summoned monsters will now use pathfinding to get to you if separated
- Talrose should no longer expect to meet you in a boss area
- Effects from multiple upgraded accessories should now stack
- Ocean Gem should now protect you from "deadly void" tiles
- Attempted fix at issue where music volume would not change, due to app not knowing it had focus
- Monsters like Floracondas should no longer use pulling abilities when out of LOS
- Fixed bug with swing animations not playing
- You no longer gain a block chance while using an offhand that has no inherent block chance, even using abilities like Heavy Guard
- Paladin Shield Mastery should no longer trigger from ranged weapons, OR while using an offhand with no block chance
- Fixed turn logic bug with Escape Master and other multi-target abilities
- Fixed cooking bug that interfered with some recipes such as Charcuterie
- Fixed Nullref with Budoka's Iron Breathing and other abilities with no target tile
- Fixed bug where dialog cursor was sometimes invisible when opening menus via controller
- Fixed assorted bugs related to the "Warp to Stairs" option in side areas
- Treasure Hunters should no longer be able to hit you with Shadow Snipe if you are outside their line of sight
- Fixed bug where you could walk on top of destructibles by swapping places with a pet. You will now prioritize attacking monsters followed by breaking destructibles, followed by swapping with pets.
- "Familiars" magic mod should now stack
- Fixed infinite scaling bug with Crest of the Draik
- When starting a totally new game in Adventure or Heroic mode, Julia will give you a handful of healing items before you leave town (5 items in Adventure, 2 in Heroic).
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Weapon type (Sword, bow, axe etc) is now listed when you hover over a weapon
- New combat log message when a boss resists a stun effect
- When using the Escape Portal in town, you will have the option of immediately going back to the dungeon (or an Item Dream) if a portal is already open.
- If you die in Adventure mode before using a ranged weapon, you will now get a bow in town and a quick lesson on how to use it
NOTE: If you have corrupted resistance data (negative values) please remove all gear, go to town, wait for any temporary buffs/debuffs to wear off, and then hold right bracket ] and tap the H key. This should repair your data.
- New visual effect for Shadow Bolts of various types
- Damage from Thundering Lion charges reduced to +15% Weapon Power/+20% Spirit Power per charge (was +25% Weapon, +20% Spirit Power)
- Thundering Lion no longer procs from ranged weapons
- The boost to skill damage from using an offhand weapon (dual wielding) has been reduced. Previously, using two weapons of the same power while dual wielding would give you about +35% more damage from weapon based skills. Now, the damage bonus is closer to +15%. As skills cannot miss, the bonus for using them while dual wielding is not intended to be high.
- Energy and Stamina no longer grow with level. (Keep in mind, there are many items and magic mods that boost these stats.)
- Mottled Sandjaw's roar attack debuff is more potent and lasts longer
- Bandit Brigand's Smoke Bomb buff/debuff now lasts a bit longer
- Detonate Vines will actually destroy the vine(s) now
- Jade Salamanders are now tougher overall, and their poison breath lasts longer
- The effect of Discipline on buff duration has been reduced, as it was significantly powerful at higher levels in lengthening the duration of food heals, Tornado Stance etc.
- To balance the above change, the base effect of HP-restoring food has been increased, which should be particularly useful at lower levels
- PETS of all kind now scale much better in terms of their damage output. Their toughness also scales a bit better.
- With any luck, FINALLY fixed the error where pressing "enter" to confirm an ability use would sometimes trigger the wrong ability
- Monsters should no longer break boxes and crates for no reason; only if they are in a combat state
- Fixed issue in certain Item Dream map layouts where walls would be invisible
- Fixed bug where staircases could be hidden behind trees
- Attempted fix at issue where side areas were not marked as clear, despite all monsters being dead
- Sneak Attack should no longer be consumed if you crit with a ranged weapon
- Balsam (and similar items) no longer remove the Full "debuff"
- Sneak Attack should now trigger properly if you have a weapon with the Wild mod
- When you detonate vines or a Floraconda, they are now actually destroyed
- Fixed bug where loading a save with summoned pets would result in the wrong pet faction
- Fixed bug where Purifiers were considered collidable to monsters, causing them to path around and also causing issues with summons
- (b061a) Fixed rare NullRef related to sprites fading in/out
- (b061a) Fixed bug where food seasonings didn't work
- (b061a) Fixed bug where entering Examine mode while also targeting an ability would cause a bad game state
- (b061a) Fixed audio bug where the 'select' sound would play repeatedly while you dragged sliders around
- Paladin's "Armor Training" passive has been reworked. Now, while wearing Heavy Armor, you will automatically do a slam attack for 45% weapon damage wherever you land after using a movement ability. The skill also costs 500 JP (up from 350)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Minimap location (if dragged with the mouse) is now saved with your game preferences
- If you have multiple identical buffs/debuffs, these are now stacked with a counter in your buff/debuff area
- If you've summoned or charmed a monster, and they use any kind of "wind up" attack, the tiles will show in green instead of red
- Lots of new item flavor text!
- New dialogue popups in the branching passage after the first boss
Patch b.061 (01st August 2017)
NOTE: If you have corrupted resistance data (negative values) please remove all gear, go to town, wait for any temporary buffs/debuffs to wear off, and then hold right bracket ] and tap the H key. This should repair your data.
- New graphic for "Blademaster" champions... an actual blade! Also, updated visual for Blessed Hammer
- Healing bonus of "Food Lover" feat reduced from +35% to +18%
- Base health increase of "Toughness" feat increased from 20 to 30; HP scaling slightly increased per level as well. Previously, base HP at level 15 was 1955 w/o Toughness, and 2045 with. Now, with Toughness, you will have ~2293 at level 15.
- Damage bonus of Rager feat increased to 20% (from 15%)
- Adjusted aggro logic of certain monsters with "Gang Up" or "Predator" behavior; they now have a chance to aggro you regardless of any other factors
- Fixed bug where buff/debuff icons were not appearing
- Fixed bug where powerups would all tend to stack up in one tile
- "Harrier" champion mod, as well as other abilities that pick random nearby tiles, will no longer target tiles outside the originating actor's line of sight
- Fixed bug where number of Pandora's Boxes opened was not accurately tracked
- Fixed bug where controller navigation of the secondary skill hotbar would not work properly
- Avenger champions will no longer enrage if a player-faction pet dies
- Fixed major bug where items upgraded in Item Dreams would not accurately save/load their item value. This meant loading a game and entering an already-upgraded item would result in an easier-than-intended Item Dream
- Fixed bug where, in New Game+, your summoned pets would inherit NG+ monster bonuses
- Fixed bug in New Game+ where some boss HP was not scaling properly
- ALL actor data is now cleared when you start a New Game+ run; this includes completed quests and such
- Monsters are now capable of breaking a wide variety of destructibles such as boxes and crates (as intended)
- Materialized elemental summons will no longer cast on top of breakable destructible objects like crates and boxes
- Loot value of destructibles in New Game+ now scales (as intended)
- Fixed Regen Flask and item/food healing amount estimation in UI; these were not taking into account Discipline's effect on buff duration
- Fixed bug where Jump Boots did not affect Righteous Charge, Flying Kick, or Jumping Shot
- Fixed major bug where some status effects that increased or decreased stats such as physical resistance were not properly reversed on end.
- Fixed bug with Choco Bar not doing anything
- Paladin's Heavy Guard should no longer do anything if you have less than 7 Stamina (the buff will still show, but the effect on block will not be shown, and it will have no actual effect)
- Paladin's Heavy Guard will now reflect 50% decrease of crit chance on the character sheet
- Fixed bug with the "Volcano" map type where far fewer monsters would spawn than intended. This could also cause errors when trying to generate the item world, if there were no monsters on the final floor...
- Fixed bugs with backup monster placement logic, used for various map layouts (resulting in slightly fewer monsters than intended in certain areas)
- Most likely fixed crash with Erin the rumor giver
- Planks/Shovels in Item Dreams should no longer spawn on 'solid terrain' like trees or earth pillars
- Fixed bug where if you started the game while alt+tabbed (or otherwise out-of-focus), returning to the game would cause the volume to spike up.
- Fixed bug where starting the game while alt-tabbed would cause the music to be at normal volume, even with "Audio Off When Minimized" enabled
- Added "lax factor" to monster spawn algorith, which means on smaller maps, less-than-ideal monster placement will be used if it means achieving the desired density
Patch b.060 (31st July 2017)
- Adjustment to JP costs: Now, when you switch jobs, the 4 skills which are normally inexpensive (<150 JP) will cost 250jp. In other words, only your STARTING job offers 4 cheap abilities. Future jobs will require a bit more investment.
- JP is no longer converted to XP if you learn all abilities in your current job. This is because of the new Weapon Mastery system.
- Base power of the Plain Wooden Stick reduced by 30
- Increased Orb of Reverie drop chance
- Tornado Stance kickback range reduced from 4 to 3, damage reduced from 120% of weapon power to 110%
- The healing effect of Regen Flask now takes place BEFORE anything else in the turn order
- Qi Mastery no longer triggers from worthless or near-worthless enemies, unless you are in Adventure mode
- Damage from STAFF weapons is now based on 50% SPIRIT and 50% DISCIPLINE (instead of Spirit/Swiftness)
- DISCIPLINE now raises all elemental resistances by 0.33% per point, up from 0.25%
- STRENGTH's effect on physical resistance has been reduced to 0.16% per point, down from 0.2%.
- Duration of various stun effects like the Mace critical effect has been reduced to the intended one turn
- Decreased number of fountain spawns in higher level maps
- If you return to town after KO, or use an ability that cleanses debuffs, all STACKS of those debuffs will be removed
- Ability effects should no longer trigger on monsters that have died
- Fixed bug where Floramancer's Vine Swing and Detonate Vines were not able to target vines....
- Fixed nullref errors related to supporter monsters with old/bad ally and target data
- It should no longer be possible to get the "No Champions" property in legendary Item Dreams (which by default have more and stronger champions)
- Champion modifier properties in Item Dreams were not working on all map layouts; they should be working now
- Game log (lower left) is now properly bounded
- The logic for "Repeat Recipe" has been fixed (before, cooking multiple recipes in a row would sometimes mix the recipe ingredients as they were not cleared properly)
- Fixed bug with "find nearest empty tile" code, used for keeping pets close to you on switch maps (among other things)
- Impact damage from Plain Wooden Stick and Palm Thrust no longer ignores all resistances and damage modifiers (this is both a nerf and buff, depending on the situation)
- Fixed error with mouse scroll wheel sometimes causing errors on certain UI screens
- Fixed bug where some Legendary equipment was being sold in "Sell All" dialog option
- Fixed "Self Buff" and "Damage" inventory filters on click/hover... again...
- Fixed bug where upgraded armor would not visually indicate or properly calculate upgraded dodge bonuses
- Fixed bug that caused permanent stat gains (or losses) when equipping/unequipping pieces of equipment with the same magic properties (like Well-Rounded)
- When switching weapons to your Fists, any offhand you are holding should also unequip automatically
- Fixed irregularities with Item Dream interface where the "Enter Item World" button and gold tribute info would appear before an item was selected
- Fixed rare bug with save games and certain Gambler hands
- Fixed wonky keyboard navigation while in Equipment screen submenus
- Possible fix for issue with single target abilities where, if an invalid target was in the area, the ability would sometimes not execute properly
- Possible fix for 'cave rooms' map code where rooms could spawn with no entrance possible
- Possible fix for rare error where dropping an item did not remove it from your inventory, allowing for item duplication
- Possible fix for enumerator error when creating Item Dreams, sometimes
- Possible fix for bug in Adventure Mode where dying in an Item Dream would duplicate the item you entered
- New STAFF MASTERIES and FIST MASTERIES added to the game! (Two of each)
- If you have a level 12 (or higher) character in a save slot, you can now select NEW GAME+ mode for that save slot. By doing this, your character data will be saved and continued in a brand-new dungeon with much harder monsters and champions. While there are no rewards exclusive to NEW GAME+ yet, all monsters challenge values are increased and thus you have a much better chance at getting top tier loot that is otherwise only available in the most difficult Item Dreams. Overall, legendary/set item drop chance is doubled.
- When using a Tent, one in-game day passes; trees will grow and merchants in town have a chance at restocking.
- Added support for more text/dialog fields to be parsed in real-time
- Improvements to how status effects are tracked under the hood - now supports fine tracking of statuses added by equipment
QUALITY OF LIFE
- You can now access TWO skill hotbars! There is a new key binding for "Cycle Hotbars" that can be used to switch between them. You still use buttons 1-8 to hotkey abilities and use them, but the exact abilities used will depend on which hotbar is selected. You can also click to use these abilities, and drag/drop on the skill screen.
- There is a new COMBAT LOG tab in your Journal which allows you to see a more expanded view of the last 80 log messages.
- The Rumors tab of the Journal has been visually improved, AND... you can now abandon rumors!
- The game intro text prior to character creation will no longer appear if you have meta data in a save slot
- Screen fade and rest jingle when you use a Tent
- Dungeon Digest's "Keen Eyes" feat now shows up on your character sheet
Patch b058 (27th July 2017
- Replaced placeholder icons for the Weapon Mastery techniques
- The giant chest room should have better/more loot now
- Sword Dancer's core bonus stats are now Strength, Guile, and Spirit instead of Strength, Stamina, Swiftness
- Hildegarde now carries a wider variety of food items and meals
- Each point of Guile you have now increases crit by 0.2% (was 0.15%). This affects monsters too.
- Some effects such as Iron Breathing and Radiant Guard will no longer trigger against Worthless enemies in HEROIC and HARDCORE modes.
- Deflection, Evasion, and Elusion equipment mods reduced from +5/7/9% dodge to +3/5/7
- There is now a cooldown on stun effects for both the player and all monsters. The same actor cannot be stunned more than once per 3 turns to prevent total stunlocking.
- 'Protection' magic mod now offers 50% chance to negate crits instead of 25%
- Buried Loot map no longer spawns key in the same place each time, also key should not sparkle anymore
- Meta progress data should be properly flushed if you die/return to title screen (this was making it possible to 'share' progress between slots, not intended)
- Critical hit numbers are now BIG again
- Fixed bug where the 'last used offhand' logic was not applied to an offhand weapon.
- Intimidate skill (granted from a legendary item) targeting fixed
- Attempted fix at bug where black/white screen fades would not go away
- Jumping Shot (weapon mastery) now requires a bow
- Fixed bug in the casino where clicking to start a game would always use a 100g bet
- Fixed bug where learning 2nd tier weapon masteries would cause various other status triggers to not work sometimes
- Fixed NullRef bug related to Gambler Wild Cards ability and reflected attacks
- Fixed bug where Adventure Mode save slots would sometimes appear as Heroic
- Fixed bug where Lightning Jab was not activating a free turn as intended
- Hopefully fixed bug where Heroic mode would sometimes convert to Adventure mode when restarting the game
- Fixed bug where consumable item stacks did not account for seasoning (or lack thereof), i.e. one seasoned meal would make all meals in a stack seasoned
- Fixed bug where enemies killed by Gambler's Double Down were sometimes not 'cleaned up' after the ability executed
- New item set: Crystalline Armament
- Onigiri recipe changed (2 Fish + 1 Grain) so it isn't the same as Fish n' Chips
- Bezo's Crossbow now has an inherent chance to charm enemies
- The Journal menu page now allows you to view Recipes you've learned! Recipes are shown once you've cooked them at least once, OR if you hear about them via dropped recipe pages, NPCs, etc.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- New bindable hotkey for "Equip Item". This can be used when hovering over gear on the Equipment page. Tap it to equip the item. For accessories this will equip in an open slot, or if both slots are full, it will equip in slot 1. For weapons, it will hotkey to an open slot, or if none are open, swap with your main weapon.
- There is a new dialog popup for when you get a randomly spinny Item Dream floor
- Enemy bombs such as those dropped by the first boss or Champions now have a flashing red aura. Also, these bombs are higher in the sprite draw order
- If you are using a bow and you switch to unarmed, your quiver will now unequip
- Scrollbars have been added to all screens with lists that scroll (shop, skill lists, equipment, inventory) - scrollbars will appear if there are enough items to scroll, of course. Also, you can still use mouse wheel as always.
- Added 'info bar' text indicating when you are in hotbar skill selection mode
- Player abilities with a windup (such as Hunter's Triple Bolt, Hail of Arrows and Sword Dancer's Relentless Current) now use green targeting tiles instead of red.
- Pressing "up" on the equipment screen gear tabs now scrolls you to the bottom of the equipment list
Patch b057 (25th July 2017)
- Health curve slightly increased for level 5+ monsters
- Increased healing effect of Mint Fat and Mint Super Brews
- Loot tables have been adjusted; far too many weak/worthless items were dropping from upper level enemies and chests. To compensate, overall drop chance and magic item drop chance have been reduced slightly.
- Various monsters at level 5+ that did not have the base cap of 95% accuracy now do
- Treasure Hunters now use a charged-up Shadow Bolt attack for big damage. Watch out!
- River Spirit ability damage increased
- Rock Viper bite is now more powerful and roots a bit longer
- Vine Stalker bite damage and poison duration increased
- Guardian Arachnoid laser damage increased, Vault cooldown decreased
- Bandit Spellshapers spells now have shorter cooldowns and do more damage
- Bandit Buffslinger's Ice Prison now has a shorter cooldown
- Debuffs from Sludge Spirits now last longer
- Monster aggro ranges generally increased starting at level 4 or so. Some monsters that were more passive will now aggro if you're close (i.e. River Spirits, Wraiths). Overall, you can expect monsters to be much more aggressive by late game.
- "Weaker" champion mods will no longer show up on higher level champions (i.e. you will see Barrier but not Turtling, Immune but not Resist...)
- Fixed odd NullRef with drawing playing cards sometimes as Gambler
- Fixed bug where abilities that should target "ALL" in an area were instead targeting only one
- Fixed bug where Orbs of Reverie were dropping when they should not have been
- Ranged merchants will no longer sell "accessory" slot quivers
- Fixed bug where weapon masteries did not cost anything
- New game mode: HARDCORE. Roguelike lovers rejoice! In this mode, there is both permadeath AND no 'meta progress' from one character to another (banker, trees, corral.) Not for the faint of heart! (Note: The save slot will still remember your total playtime and number of characters. This doesn't count as progress.)
- "Frozen" champion mod is now more powerful, while a new "Chilled" mod has been added with the same effects as the old Frozen
- New champion mods: Avenger, Harrier, Blinking (improved Phasing), Conjurer (improved Summoner)
Patch b056 (25th July 2017)
- Updated grass tiles
- Beautiful new fungal cavern tile set
- Lighting adjusted (was washed out, particularly on Budoka and in towns)
- You should no longer see sparkles in the Buried Loot map, giving away the location of the key
- Penalty for attacking at range with non-bow, non-staff weapons is now -40% damage (was -25%)
- Spear and Axe damage curve has been slightly reduced (about -6% weapon power); bow weapon power also slightly reduced
- FINALLY fixed bug where abilities would randomly go on cooldown when using items!!!
- Fixed issue where the Control Mapper window would become unresponsive
- Grove Pests really actually seriously won't be part of the "food loving" quest
- Fixed errors that occurred when dying in an Item Dream, in Adventure Mode
- Added extra checks to prevent rare bug with items being duplicated
- Fixed game load error if you were wearing a Surestrike Ring
- You should probably no longer arrive in an Item Dream surrounded by rock
- Fixed bug where some ranged enemies could attack through solid terrain
- Fixed bug where the "Magical" item filter would not catch Uncommon (blue) items, and the "Legendary" filter did not always work properly - This may not work for some existing items
- Hopefully fixed bug where monsters would sometimes spawn enclosed in rock with some "cave" style map layouts
- Fixed bug where items would not correctly validate if they had a particular weapon mod, meaning stuff like Lightweight did not work correctly or at all
- Ground stomp visual FX should now work again
- Fixed major bug where a wide variety of passive skills and effects were cleared incorrectly (?!) upon dying in Adventure mode - This was related to many status effects not being tagged correctly as "Positive"
- Possible bug fix for error w/ null target data being added to effects
- You should no longer get Rumors to appease your own pets in the monster corral
- Fixed key navigation on the options menu -> visual panel (couldn't move south of "Grid Overlay" previously)
- Possibly fixed issue where monsters would occasionally be un-targetable with ranged weapons
- Fixed NullRef error related to the check for offhand quivers (happened occasionally if you were wielding a non-quiver in your offhand)
- Fixed bug on Consumables screen where navigating to the filter tabs would not hide the item info tooltip
- Fixed bug with Consumable filters not working properly
- Text speed should now update properly when you start a new game
- A new NPC has arrived in Riverstone Camp; JORITO, the weapon master. He brings with him knowledge of 12 (!!!) new skills; two masteries per weapon type that can be learned with JP. You must first reach 'Advanced' status in any one job before he will share his secrets. More masteries will be coming too (additional tiers, plus ULTIMATE techniques.)
- NOTE: You must start a new character to get the weapon master in your town.
- Coffee now has an effect when consumed (haste, but slightly reduced accuracy)
- Item rarities have been adjusted (affects item colors of non-legendary/gear sets)
- EXPERIMENTAL: The game now autosaves all progress each time you switch maps.
- Shaved another 18% off core save file size
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Text speed can now be set to INSTANT
- Added extra popup battle text for some buffing and debuffing abilities
- When using a 1h weapon plus an offhand, switching to a bow/quiver and then back to the 1h will now re-equip your last used non-quiver offhand
- If you mess up input bindings in the launcher, you can now reset all control binding to factory default by holding left bracket [ and tapping Q, once in-game[/list]
Patch b055 (25th July 2017)
- Penetrating magic mod now also bypasses 50% block and parry chance
- Increased the rate at which shops restock their goods
- Monsters should now generally spawn further from stairs
- The base damage of all Spellshaper evocations has been increased
- All Spellshaper "Materialize" objects now last 9 turns (up from 6)
- Hunter "Hail of Arrows" damage increased to 215% (from 175%)
- Hunter "Ice Missile" damage increased to 125% weapon / 75% spirit power (up from 100/50)
- Enemies tracked by Hunter's "Blood Tracking" now take 15% more damage (up from 10%)
- Enemies hit by Hunter's "Triple Bolt" are now shocked for 7.5% current HP per tick (up from 5%) - remember, Shocked enemies will 'chain' and shock each other too!
- Sword Dancer's "Relentless Current" now deals 130% of both Weapon and Spirit power (up from 110%)
- Gambler's "Hail of Darts" now deals 120% weapon damage (up from 100%), while "Darts of Hail" deals 65% Weapon/65% Spirit (up from 50/50)
- Gambler's "Double Down" now deals 150% of both Weapon+Spirit Power, up from 100%
- b054a (Hotfix) Fixed NullRef in shops / hover
- Got rid of "#T# is slowed!" combat log messages
- If an Item Dream spawns with no Memory King for some reason, one will be forcibly spawned when you reach the top.
- Minimap in Item Dreams now shows deadly void spaces again (in a different color)
- Fixed NullRef bug with Guardian Spheres exploding
- For "food loving" monster quests, the monsters will no longer consume an entire stack of food - They'll just eat one
- Probably fixed some annoying situations with monsters disappearing from LOS
- Attempted fix for rare stack overflow error related to Budoka "Two Finger Catch" ability
- Added error checking for bad tile effect data
- Possibly fixed error with Painter quest when you arrive at destination map
- You will now use an Orb of Reverie to enter an Item Dream, as intended
- Monsters in towns will now have the proper lighting material and not appear dark at a distance
- Fixed bug where using a sword in your offhand did not give you the extra parry bonus of 3%
- "Food-Loving" monsters will no longer be used twice for multiple rumors. Also, Grove Pests will no longer be Food-Loving for the purpose of rumors
- Fixed issue with flashing staircases in boss fights
- The quest item no longer drops repeatedly after the 1st boss fight (only once per save)
- Fixed some bad behavior with monster "Sniper" behavior, causing them to generally dance around and not attack
- Possibly fixed bug with "Maze Rooms" maptype that sometimes resulted in isolated rooms
- You no longer take damage at the beginning and end of turn for Ember Spirit's fire, or Alchemical Gas
- Fixed issue with Brigand's Escape Artist and Sword Dancer's Hold the Moon that caused the abilities to not work consistently
- Crit chance from items like Surestrike Ring now shows up on the character sheet properly
- Fixed various bugs with equipment comparisons (particularly with items offering crit % or +Guile), still not perfect but getting there
- Monsters will now be much more aggressive to player pets, if those pets are in between the monster and the player. They also have generally improved pathfinding and targeting behavior... in theory?
- There is now a huge variety of Item Dreams layouts and map types! ENJOY!
- New Item Dream crystal auras: Double Healing, Tough Monsters, and 50% Resource Costs
- New Item Dream properties: Monster Density, More Champions, No Champions
- New random Item Dream floor events: Big Mode
- All newly-spawned Quivers are now Offhand-slot items. These can be used with bows (even though bows still take two hands!)
- If you switch to a bow from a non-bow item, you will auto-equip a Favorited quiver from your inventory. If you have multiple favorite quivers, it will pick the one with the highest value. If you have no favorite quivers, it will pick the best quiver you have.
- Quivers will be auto-equipped if you are using a bow, and have nothing in your offhand.
- When you encounter a campfire in a rest area, you will now be presented with the option of getting a special food item for free, rather than using the cooking interface. You'll also see what each food item does.
- Planks can now be built in Item Dream maps with 'deadly void' again
- Tier 5 weapons have been added (technically, this was more of a bug fix... they existed, but never dropped!)
- Reworked monster spawning/placement code
QUALITY OF LIFE
- New visual option for screen flashes on/off (these happen during crits, Percy's healing abilities, etc)
- You will no longer get Quillkins or Spinebros from monster eggs (since they don't move...)
- When using a portal to exit and return to an Item Dream, you will return to the spot where you left
- When viewing ability info, you will now see which damaging abilities can crit
- You can now fast travel to the 1st and 2nd branching areas as well as the 17th floor, instead of floors 5/10/15
Patch b054 (25th July 2017)
- Beautiful new music by Hiroki Kikuta in the passageway areas!
- Sword Dancer's "Relentless Current" targeting is now consistent with Flame Serpent (cone begins ON your character)
- Gambler's "Blood Debts" is now a free action, and gives you +50% health (temporarily) instead of +25%
- Mint Fudge now lowers resource costs by 30% (was 20%)
- Onigiri now heals 40% of max HP (was 30%)
- Regen flask base healing (not scaling) has been buffed by +3 per turn
- Fixed null ref error when hovering over some armors
- Attempted fix at some weirdness with adding null actors to death processing queue (causing ingame errors)
- Fixed bug related to loading games with Favorited items
- GOLDFROG can no longer escape the monster corral (sorry bud)
- There is now a brief cooldown on the "wait turn" button to prevent weird animation glitches
- Planks should now block damage from Deadly Void again
- Fixed bug with Budoka's "Iron Breathing" occasionally not healing.
- Attempted fix at issue where the cursor would sometimes not be visible in a dialog with multiple options
- Attempted fix at issue where camera did not track player (???)
- Portaling out of the dungeon will now close any shop / dialogs you have open
- Text speed setting should properly recall from save files now
- 6 new food recipes! See if you can discover the key to making the perfect: Ice Cream Sundae, Gelato, Carrot Stew, Fruit Cobbler, Pumpkin Bread, Fish n' Chips.
- RE-enabled the game pre-launcher for resolution and VSync control, this time removing any potentially confusing mappable Inputs (it should hopefully be obvious that this is not the right area to rebind controls, as it is done ingame instead!)
- Three quality modes now available: VSync Off, VSync, and VSync Alt (every other VBlank)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 mappings have been added as defaults
- The opening tutorial stage now always plays on a completely fresh save slot
- Hovering over an empty weapon slot in your Equipment screen shows your Fist damage (scaling with Budoka, and also showing Budoka's offhand - or foot - attack power)
- You should now be able to close the control mapper by pressing Escape
- When opening/closing the menu screen with the generic Menu button (i.e. with Start on controller, or clicking the character portrait) you will now return to the last screen you last visited
- Equipment comparisons now take into account bonuses to elemental damage. For example, if you have +50% fire damage, a 200 damage FIRE bow will show as +50% stronger than a 200 damage WATER bow.
Patch b.053 (21st July 2017)
- (From b052) Discipline no longer affects Spirit Power.
- Rumor requirements with limited steps are now more relaxed
- Fixed bug with certain rumor / requirement combinations causing errors
- Fixed bug where 'deadly void' in Item Dreams was not visible
- Fixed issue where upgraded armor would get too much extra dodge
- Fixed issue where examining armor in the Dreamcaster would remove dodge bonuses
- Fixed bug where text speed scaling at FAST and VERYFAST was not fast enough
- Another pass at clearing monsters with 0% HP
- The banker no longer calls out about his "new goods" (?)
- Fixed bug where if you were using the controller to access your hotbar, and then opened + closed a menu, you would sometimes be stuck in a weird state
- Fixed bug that was causing floats to be read incorrectly on some systems using the 123,00 format of decimals (engine now parses all global float/decimal notation)
- Selecting "Back to Town" after clearing a side area will now spawn a return portal, too
- Fixed issue where menu screen header was overlapping clickable/draggable buttons/actions
- Fixed bugs where minimap would overlap Cooking screen, and also not remember its size properly when opening/closing a dialogue
- Fixed bug where spacebar was double-bound in WASD layout, causing it to not Wait Turns correctly
- It should no longer be possible to 'lose' a summon such as Spitting Plant by summoning it on a destructible object
- Possible fix of rumor generation error that caused game to hang
- Changed how extra dodge bonuses are handled on armor
- All floats are now parsed in both decimal formats
QUALITY OF LIFE
- "Unusual" monsters for the appease quests now have "___-Loving" in their name
- Items with multiple dodge bonuses will have their dodge bonuses combined in the item display
- Numpad is now also usable in WASD mode (why not?)
- When dual wielding weapons, hovering over the equipped weapons will show you their dual wield penalties
- You can now mark items and gear as Favorites! Favorites will not be sold when you select "Sell All Gear". You can map a keybind for this for speed too.
Patch b.052 (20th July 2017)
- New grass tileset variation for the early dungeon! (Lushhhh)
- Cooldown and energy cost of HuSyn's Runic Crystal increased
- HuSyn's passive Recharge now restores up to a baseline of 25 Energy, instead of 25% of max energy
- Gambler's Double Down is now a free action
- Gambler's High Card damage increased further, if you have more than 1 card in your hand
- Monsters now take less damage from lava, and champions even less
- Buff duration is now influenced by Discipline instead of Spirit
- Fixed bug that broke ability targeting!
- Hunter's Ice Missile no longer hits your pets (may have fixed abilities with similar issues)
- Probably fixed issue where jumping away from a monster's telegraphed attack would cause you to get hit anyway
- Fixed bug with "Auto Use Planks" UI option not responding properly
- Deadly Void in Item Dreams should no longer ALSO be stamina-draining water
- Fixed loud menu SFX on load
- You can no longer enter a new Item Dream when one is already open
- Fixed bug where "Fire Ranged Weapon" was double mapped by default to "A" button on 360 gamepads
- Fixed minor display error with certain healing items like Campfire Roasted Fruit
- Fixed UI anomalies with the new gold tribute slider area (it just won't show up until you've SELECTED an item now)
- Fixed erroneous Gambler hand displays (several hands had the wrong effect listed)
- Gambler's Hot Streak now leaves flames behind again
- Fixed bug where playing as Gambler with all abilities then switching jobs would retain your (rigged!) deck
- Spirit now shows % increase to powerup healing on the character sheet
- The 'grid' option when enabled should no longer spin... as much... with your character
- Changed (fixed) the way "grass" layers are generated
QUALITY OF LIFE
- In WASD mapping, 'wait turn' is now mapped to Spacebar by default
- The Skill page now shows if an ability is on cooldown or not
- Dreamcaster interface now shows your current gold
- The minimap should now return to its previous state if you open and close any dialog or menu