Patch 1.6 (09 November 2018)
- The buildable objects inside the Building panel are now sorted for ease of use.
- Right clicking on an Inventory tab now sorts the items in that tab based on name and value.
- UI elements won’t reposition themselves when minimising/alt- tabbing the game.
- The renderer now supports water reflections and bloom effects. The bloom effect is disabled by default. You can enable it via the video options menu.
- The config.xml subsystem has been rewritten to be more compatible and efficient.
- Improved performance on 4K systems.
- Third party libraries have been updated to the latest versions.
- The marble hearth now costs the proper amount to build.
- Some buildable objects have been moved to a different Building tab for ease of use.
- All crafting tables have been renamed inside the Building panel to be more recognisable.
- The Leader of the Pack boss now properly triggers the rewards dialog. (this was a regression)
- Basic text errors and logical errors have been fixed:
Patch 1.55 (26 June 2018)
- New walls: We added a new type of wall to the building tab. These are brick walls and to build them you need to create bricks from clay.
- New material: Now you are able to dig up clay at the waterside.
- Bricks: Bricks can be made at a furnace from raw clay.
- New plantable foliage: We added a few new flowers to the building panel.
- New buildable furnitures: We added a few new buildable furnitures.
- Jones now teaches a few new buildable items.
- Skillbooks now grant learning points if you already know the skill the book teaches. (the book will be removed on usage)
- Wizard spells do more average damage. The maximum damage of offensive spells are not changed, but the minimum damage has been increased.
- Easy difficulty: The enemy health reduction on easy difficulty has been increased. So enemies have slightly less health on easy difficulty.
- Durability: Durability decreases slower on easy difficulty.
- Pet recall is now enabled during combat.
- Young animals now stack in a single inventory slot.
- The fire damage reduction while it is raining has been reduced.
- Osric now sells more chickens.
- The save/load panel now asks you if you really want to load a saved game. So accidental double clicking a save slot when wanting to save won’t load that slot.
- Some basic UI text has been altered to make things clearer.
- Some NPC world dialogs are now colored.
- Picklocking floating texts stay longer on the screen.
- Fixed the orientation logic for a few buildable furnitures.
- The Close Shot ability now properly indicates usability when there are no arrows left.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when teleporting to the safeplace during an item craft.
- In certain situations your pet did not autoattack. This should be fixed now.
- Sometimes when loading in a new map the system would dismiss your pet even when there was space around the player.
- Updated the engine libraries.
- Initialization of the sound system has been changed to increase compatibility.
- The after_release.xml has been changed.
- The gui_texts.xml has been changed.
Patch 1.5 (11 April 2018)
List of changes
- The game now uses a more modern windowing system.
- Much better fullscreen support.
- Much better HiDPI support.
- Better high refresh rate support. (120Hz+)
- Rewrote parts of the renderer (both modern and legacy):
- fewer draw calls
- smarter buffer handling
- optimized shaders
- fixed legacy warnings
- Rewrote the audio system.
- better handling of multiple sound effects
- optimized buffer handling
- Better support for special keyboards.
- Auto sharpen when zooming in. (both gameworld and GUI)
- Improved the sharpen shader (sharpening is crisper).
- Smoother framerate pacing.
- Changed resource management systems for better compatibility and speed.
- Updated libraries to latest versions.
- Fixed a rare lighting bug that affected certain light effects when drinking potions.
- Picking up player placed pet traps now have a sound effect.
- Fixed a bug that made the fireplace sound play twice.
- A certain green magical flame trap now does significantly more damage when activated.
Patch 1.31 (27 September 2017)
- When defeating the boss in the wolf's cave the player is now able to speak of this deed with the villagers.
- When smelting metals, only silver and iron critical crafts produce spotless metal bars.
Patch 1.3 (22 August 2017)
- No more slight illumination hiccup in the morning time.
- Piercing Arrow now does proper weapon damage + bonus damage.
- Remaining strings in the code are now editable. (XML)
- Trinkets with lighting effects now properly cancel themselves when swapping similar trinkets.
- Fixed issues related to the “really interesting” book.
- Modernised the filesystem. (this change should minimise the file corruption issues)
- Auto rebuild of the config.xml if something goes wrong.
- The after_release.xml has been changed.
Patch 1.23 (09 June 2017)
- When an npc's talking panel had a lot of conversation options, scrolling trough them with the mouse wheel could caused problems.
- In rare occasions when multiple containers were open and item divides were issued, ability selection could end up selecting the wrong slot.
- The auto closing of multiple containers (when the player moved away from the containers) sometimes could cause a freeze.
- The game now detects if the desktop resolution is really high and warns the player of the possible DPI scaling issues.
- Minor character panel tooltip fixes.
- Mana now regenerates every 4 turns instead of 5 turns.
- Added graphical effects to some repair/build interactions.
- The "after_release.xml" was modified.
Patch 1.22 (19 December 2016)
- There were times when some of the shield abilities miscalculated cooldowns.
- The Piercing Arrow ability disregarded it's cooldown.
- Sometimes when deleting furniture while on the floors tab the system would not give back materials.
- Fixed a crash while deleting decals from walls next to doors.
- If you were really fast with your clicking, sometimes you were able to get duplicated materials back while deleting certain furnitures.
- The animation and sound while placing down berry bushes have been adjusted.
- The smelter sometimes had a crafting material icon when you loaded a game with a character who has no smelting skill immediately after playing with a character who has smelting skill.
Patch 1.21 (14 November 2016)
- ALT + click now puts materials inside crafting tables intelligently.
- Autosaves won't happen when the player is below 10% health.
- Cheat death now gives back more health.
- Fields no longer get diseased if they are properly tended too.
- Enabled numpad walk commands.
- Tutorial popup when your pet dies or gets automatically dismissed.
- Reduce Gore option is available in the options panel.
- Game saves now show the chosen difficulty.
Issues fixed by this patch:
- Fixed a rare issue when some sound effects could stuck in a loop.
- Sometimes certain bosses did not use some of their abilities as frequently as intended.
- Damage absorbed text now shows the proper amount of absorbed damage.
- Deep wounds ability cooldown now properly activates.
- Mirrored monsters cannot cause a 0 damage critical bleed effect any more.
- Disabled green cursor (usable) indicator on some unusable objects.
- Fixed a graphical glitch when some late game NPCs did not render their staffs.
- Mannequins now properly render their inventory outside of the safe place.
- Fixed the ambient sounds of the island map.
- Fixed the ambient sounds of the desert maps.
- The GUI scale slider sometimes had problems setting the value.
- Various small visual map changes.
- Removing weapons while chopping down trees sometimes caused a visual glitch.
- Fixed a rare player and pet collision problem.
- Fixed a visual glitch in the last cutscene.
- Fixed a color issue with the repair panel's equipped items list.
- Fixed a rare issue with cleaning dust from ancient lore papers.
- Fixed a few typos.
- Fixed a number of other small things. (text/button positions adjusted..etc)
- Tent tooltips are now editable via the after_release.xml.
- Nightfall level “1” (dialogs/en/gui/spells.xml)
- There are numerous new lines in the after_release.xml.
- Changes were made in the gui_texts.xml. (difficulty texts, level up text, tutorialpet)
- Just a friendly reminder to everyone! If you installed translation mods inside the "en" folder you might experience problems (because the "files/dialogs/en" folder is the main text folder of the game and should not be overwritten). Supported translations should always install inside their own folder! (example: ru, de, ..etc) If you are experiencing issues with translation mods delete the "en" folder and run Verify / Repair in GOG Galaxy!
- Thank you all for your support and have a nice day!