Banner Saga 2
Patch 2.58.02 (02 November 2018)
- Cinematics: Green Screen During Cinematics on some system configs is fixed
- Ability: Inability to perform an action when Hit and Run triggers on a surrounded character has been fixed
- Story: Story continuity fixes and improvements
- Saves: Improved verification process for imported saved Banner Saga games
- Misc: Other performance updates, fixes and improvements
- Localization: Additional text fixes to some languages
Patch 2.48.10 (18th December 2017)
- Misc: Fixed Mogun is missing from Bolverk's caravan in chapter 9 when the game has been imported issue
- Misc: Fixed issue causing animations and images to vanish during a long play session ssue
- Misc: Fixedmissing UI in main menu after losing the final battle in Survival issue
- Misc: Fixed attacking strength of the king while King Guards are alive may cause softlock issue
- Misc: Fixed letting Survival summary roll over after losing final battle causes survival game end before all reloads are depleted issues
Patch 2.48.04 (11 December 2017)
- GOG: Added full GOG Galaxy support for Cloud Saving, Achievements, Stats, and Leaderboards
- Map: Added tooltip translations for map locations. By default, a tooltip follows the mouse, or you can hit the TAB key to toggle them all off and on.
- Hotkeys: Add control/alt arrow keys for cycling through allies, and shift arrow keys for cycling through enemies
- Hotkeys: Add cycling of abilities with the '2' hotkey
- Battle: Items won in battle now show up in the Battle Resolution red banner screen
- Battle: Units Injured in battle are now summarized on the Battle Resolution red banner screen
- Performance: Optimization of AI think time
- Survival: Fix User's score highlight missing from leaderboards (Survival Mode)
- Survival: Fix Funeral sound being played on progress screen (Survival Mode)
- Misc: Fix issues with enemies stepping into invisible characters' tiles and causing errors
- Misc: Fix issue when using Impale and Overwatch with Knockback items
- Misc: The Gold Bridle now correctly drops after the Etingbekkr battle
- Misc: Fix Second attack from Frenzy ability not triggering if the first attack is deflected
- Misc: Fix Bear's position indicator changes depending on orientation
- Misc: Fix Dialogue with Mogun never ends after a specific choice
- Localization: Fix some assorted translation errors in RU, ES, PT, PL
Patch 2.39.03 (20 April 2017)
- Black screens between Survival stages (battle 1, 6, 11, etc...)
- Black screens between story chapters
- Missing cinematic video in the middle of Eyeless cave battle
- Incorrect text for Fasolt's Biography
- A few Russian typos and text edits
- Added UHD wide-screen support
Patch 2.38.58 (24 February 2017)
- This update is for the Mac version. The Windows version's update is still in progress.
- Added Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese localization
- Minor Bug Fixes
Patch 2.35.07 (13 February 2017)
- Japanese language support added!
- Added News GUI on start screen what will share links to announcements and other cool stuff!
- Fixed some issues displaying text for Survival Mode achievements in some languages
- Fix Bolverk getting extra turns by using Cull the Weak on barricades
- Fix issue with gamepad and War Bear's Maul ability cannot be confirmed by the player.
- Substantial memory use reduction for music and voiceover
- More languages coming soon.
Patch 2.32.59 (24 August 2016)
- Added 4 new languages: Deutsch, Français, Italiano, and Polski!
- Stonesinger Rupture now deals explosive damage as a strength attack that can be mitigated by the victims' own armor stats, rather than a direct strength deduction.
- Runic Gale Willpower buff subtracts from base and not from the buff after it wears off. This affects some other stat mods.
- Eyeless' Infected Strike no longer wears off on caster death.
- Improve video playback smoothness on some machines.
- Add Texas Film Commission logo to credits crawl (before special thanks)
- Fix primary cause of the dreaded 'AI moves but then does nothing else' bug. If an AI is trying to make it across the board to a particalar target, but cannot get into range, the AI will now attack something else within range if possible.
- Fix occasional Survival Mode save game corruption.
- Fix issue causing Defy and/or Protected flytext to appear when a character that was previously protected from death is hit. The flytext now only flies when the character is actually protected.
- Dramatically reduce possibility of rectangular units ending up overlapping other units when moving.
- Fix Battle info flag of enemies remaining enlarged after attacking them.
- Fix More Willpower stars appear than expected when using the horn after selecting attack type.
- Fix Spar's Insult ability can target and be used on barricades.
- Fix Puncture bonus strength does not apply on Rain of Arrows hits.
- Fix Eyeless' Infected Strike affecting both archers in Old Ford even if not in contact with each other.
- Fix Stonesinger infection spreading to, and through, Skulkers.
- (Gamepad) Fix problem selecting Reload Battle button in the options menu during Survival.
- (Gamepad) Fix issue using horn after the first movement of a male horseborn.
- (Gamepad) Fix problem giving a Character an item in the Character stat Screen.
- (Gamepad) Fix issue causing multiple battle info flags to remain enlarged.
Patch 2.30.120 (24 June 2016)
- A new gameplay mode that is all about staying alive through as many battles as possible! Choose six heroes from most of the 40+ Banner Saga characters, then pit them against dredge, horseborn, bandits, and varl alike. Earn Renown and an item with each victory, unlock heroes to replace those who fall in battle, and upgrade the veterans who stay alive. To play, simply click on the Survival Mode banner on the start screen of Banner Saga 2.
- Choose 6 heroes from a full roster. After you begin, you can recruit more heroes with renown.
- Your progress is saved, but you can only reload a battle a limited number of times. You have 3 reloads to start with and you gain 1 more reload ever 5 battles.
- Heroes who fall in battle are dead and can be given a Viking Funeral to regain some renown and recruit new heroes.
- Heroes have no kill count requirement for promotion. If you have the renown, you can promote the hero.
- Battles have a 30 second turn timer (and 60 second deployment timer) to keep the action moving quickly.
- Battle turn order is fixed from the start, like pillage mode.
- One enemy per battle spawns with an item equipped. Kill the enemy, and gain the item!
- Every 5 battles offers the opportunity for a second wave of fighting, which opens up the possibility for additional renown and items.
Other Changes in Build 2.30.120:
- Fix issue preventing '+x Renown' banners in battle from displaying the correct renown for higher ranked enemies
- Fixed seam in baldrungr's godstone background sprites
- Fix reversed red/green coloration on DRAWING AGGRO items description
- Added 'Consequences' section on Match Resolution that displays Injuries (or Deaths, in Survival)
Update (31 May 2016)
- The Banner Saga 2's soundtrack is now available in FLAC format.
Patch 2.28.85 (2 May 2016)
- Trample Ability: Trample with Knockback item was causing the knockback to occur with the runthrough damage, before the final hit lands on the target. The knockback effect now applies only with the final hit of Trample.
- Fixed an issue causing Aleo to leave the roster in Lundar and never return, under certain story conditions. He now reliably returns to the roster after his mission.
- Training Challenge: The challenge vs. Bolverk now spawns the correct number of Bolverk's allies. Higher ranked Bolverk was causing fewer of his allies to spawn. Bolverk is now clamped to rank 5 during this training challenge.
- Soul Bond: Fixed a typo that incorrectly indicated that Soul Bond drained STR. The attack correctly drains WIL and the description has been corrected to reflect this.
- Bear Rage: Bolverk's Bear Rage should no longer trigger the Dredge Shudder effect when activated next to a buffed Dredge.
- Fighter Training: Fixed an issue allowing Iver to train more clansmen than are available, after the Oldwood.
- General: Corrected a few typographical errors.
- Optimization: Reduced memory footprint of Sigbjorn's portrait animation.
- Items: Omit several starting items from the marketplace. These items are obtained in Saga1, or awarded to new players in Saga2. These items include: Horseskor, Tortoise Band, Valka Thread, and Lightning Runestone.
- Tryggvi: The first conversation with Tryggvi after Aleo's village was incorrect if he had been imported from Saga1. The content of this conversation now correctly reflects your past relationship with him.
- Einartoft Bridge: Hakon was making a reference to your destruction of the Einartoft Bridge, even if you had not destroyed it. This is fixed.
- Knockback: Some knockback effects were causing Barbed Stones and Troll Stones to get moved, although their visual display remained in the same location. This has been fixed.
- Horseborn: Fixed issue causing Horseborn first ability maximum rank to appear to reset to 1 when leveling to rank 6, then increase again while leveling through 10.
- Alette Mend: Alette's starting rank on Mend was not showing as expected when starting chapter 14 at high levels.
- Startup: The startup time of the game on Windows has been dramatically improved
- Skulkers: Invisible Skulkers were incorrectly targetable using the gamepad, or by clicking on the initiative bar. This has been fixed.
- Umbrage: Fixed an issue that was causing Umbrage to incorrectly trigger Shudder when activated.
- Injuries: Fixed an issue that was preventing injuries from applying to fallen heroes during battle. This was caused by the injury-prevention feature of Training (Sparring and Challenges) fro leaking over into regular battles.
- Bear Rage: Fixed: Bolverk's Bear Rage was incorrectly indicating allies as targets, even though allies are unaffected.
- Bear Rage: Fixed: Counter attack appears to trigger from Bear's Rage when being attacked by an archer, causing the frenzy counter attack to attack a melee opponent.
- Bear Rage: Fixed: Using Bear Rage can cause enemies to move to an area unreachable by your characters.