Hand of Fate 2
Update 1.9.4 (21 February 2019)
- Fixed ring of food + "a debt repaid" infinite food exploit
- Fixed blank option string in World Ending Wyrm
- Upgrade to Unity 2017.4.20f1
- Typo fixes
- Fixed trait visibility for modders.
Update 1.9.3 (11 January 2019)
- Fixed an exploit in Rana’s Remarkable Fishing that allowed for infinite shard farming in The Wheel.
- Fix for game losing selection after Resuming in the pause menu.
- Added missing keyword to a couple items of equipment so that they work correctly with Empire Contacts, Mage's Workshop and the deckbuilder in Endless Adventures.
- Fixed blank option in World-Ending Wyrm.
- Ironpeak Curatives now correctly consumes food spell component.
- Mask of the Exile now awards the player gold as intended.
- Clarified the token unlock requirements on the Questing Maces
Update 1.9.2 (19 December 2018)
- Fixed issue in Alistair’s Antiquities where you could return the item even if it had been sold or lost.
- Fixed an issue where Crown of Scales was checking for <= 50% Life instead of < 50% Life.
- Fixed long-standing Judgement bug where the player's current companion would become unequipped, resulting in missing companion names and non-progression on restart.
- Fixed issue where the number of steps until Keturah dies was not being set.
- Fixed bug where Helm of Exile was triggering on Gain cards instead of Pain cards.
- Fixed Runefire Flintlock not correctly detecting Keturah as the current companion.
- Fixed bug where Shadow Elders would not reappear after teleporting.
- Fixed a bug in Tavern Wager where all equipment was taken if a platinum item was won.
- Fixed a bug where Keturah was not being disabled after taking weapons in Merchants Favour.
- Fixed a bug where Keturah was not being disabled if her Faction Bounty was immediately collected on completion.
- Fixed Armour of Gluttony food defence.
- Some minor memory optimisations.
- Fixed some typos.
Update 1.8.1 (21 November 2018)
- Fix failing to load combat bug (was trying to load future enemies)
Update 1.8.0 (19 November 2018)
Mercenaries and coinslaves seeking to freshen up their war-face can expect some bold additions to the character customizer with the Face of War Update! Six barbaric new hairstyles are available out of the gate, with a further 10 new facepaint options unlocked from the new utility encounter, the Goblin Tracker.
Warpaint is a brand new facial customization option inspired by the fashion stylings of the goblin faction. Take to battle with a lurid death's head motif and teach your enemies the true meaning of fear!
This update is free for all players - you'll just need to claim the rewards from the Additional Content page to add the tokens to your bowl.
Update 1.7.4 (09 November 2018)
- Fixed Grobben showcase
- Fixed issue with Lost Boy encounter removing enemies in Endless Mode
- Fixed Drunken Hero Endless Trial soft lock
- Removed Quick Bash Charge trait
- Increased Tactician’s Buckler defence from 1 to 8
- Fixed a bug where Hali's Ward erroneously targeted allies
- Removed erroneous Palace Armoury token
Update 1.7.3 (30 October 2018)
- Fixed 'shadow run' achievement.
- Fixed Veles feeding.
Update 1.6.5 (28 September 2018)
Update 1.6.4 (27 September 2018)
- Fixed Briarfolk death animations
- Fixed 'basic shield' visibility in the modding editor (was causing an exception when deckbuilding).
Fixed some issues with the modding editor publish window.
Update 1.6.3 (22 September 2018)
- Fixed an exception where ragdoll bodies weren't being processed properly.
- Bugfix for processing 'removed' token owners for challenges.
- Fixed a couple of modding editor bugs.
- Fixed panel depth issue on Mod dialog.
Update 1.6.2 (14 September 2018)
- Fixed bugs in the ragdoll reanimation logic.
- Fixed a bug where disabled characters got locked in their current state.
- Fixed a bug where phalanx units could get locked into a flurried state on respawn.
- Fixed typos in the Briarfolk Endless Adventure.
- Fixed modding editor default unity editor version.
- Fixed Briarfolk trait visibility in the editor.
Update 1.6.1 (13 September 2018)
- Added health bar portraits images for Briarfolk Knights
- Fixed a bug where abilities with cooldowns on start weren't working in The World
- Fix for Goblin Endless Adventure
- Fixed showcase text for the Blackguard's Platemail
- Fixed an issue in the Blacksmith encounter that was not setting the correct armour bonus
- Chinese Localisation for new content.
Update 1.6.0 (06 September 2018)
- All armours now have Bash abilities
- Cooldowns on all artefacts have been greatly reduced
- Improved the responsiveness of other actions after using an artefact.
- Option to enable/disable Apprentice Mode in settings
- Optional enemy health bars available in the settings menu (recommended!)
- Combat balances
- The default Precision Gambit beam in the precision gambit has been widened
- If more than one zone is touching the beam when it stops, the best zone is chosen, i.e. Huge Success > Success > Failure > Huge Failure
- Equipment and Blessing Rebalance
- Enemy Rebalances
- Goblin Clips have been removed as Endless Adventure bosses
- Goblin Chiefs have been added as an Endless Adventure boss
- Escape duration for Clips in the Endless boss fight have been increased
- Companion damage and power rebalances
- Removed 'cog' icon from Load Game Dialog.
- Select an empty slot in the Load Game Dialog to clone any existing slot, and enable mods if desired.
- Mod tools have been updated to require version 2017.4.2f2 of Unity.
- Previously a few challenges had the ability to be played at a higher difficulty when certain equipment cards were included in your deck. These harder modes are now replayable even after the tokens have been won from the respective items.
- Added Briarfolk faction and accompanying Endless Mode Adventure
- Fixed a bug where enemies could change from light to heavy or heavy to light mid attack
- Constant feedback when being hit when vulnerable vs invulnerable
- Fixed a number of instances where multiple attackers could attack the player at the same time
- Improved transitions to evade
- Fixed a number of instances where input was lost transitioning from Armour Break strikes to other actions
- Fixed issues with transitioning from Defend to other actions in certain scenarios (input was being ignored)
- Fixed a bug where the Ogre could instantly escape his 'stuck' state and perform a heavy (red) attack
- Fixed the Blacksmith encounter upgrading defence by the incorrect amount
Patch 1.5.7 (20 August 2018)
- Fix for Colbjorn’s Sword encounter endlessly repeating.
- Fix UI layout problem with shard text on equipment inspect.
- More improvements to purchase flow.
Patch 1.5.6 (09 August 2018)
- Fix Portal Creature bug.
- Fixed issue where challenge unlock requirements did not correctly update.
- Fixed issue where certain vibration effects would play even if vibration was disabled.
- Fixed issue where disconnected controller prompt could appear behind other dialogs.
- Fixed various issues with loss of selection when claiming Additional Content.
- Fixed minor text bug in Sea Dog Hali utility.
Patch 1.5.5 (18 July 2018)
- Fixed issue in companion deckbuilder which could cause loss of selection
- Devourer now gives endless points for removing a single item.
- Improved performance on some encounters that use a large quantity of cards
- Added sorting to shops
- Stop cards that come out of a token cutting into each other.
- Fixed bottom left menu not appearing in deckbuilder on first load.
- Magnetic Turtle properly returns your equipment now.
- Fixed Female player tunic colours being incorrect
- Added pendulum preview to modding editor.
- Fix some unlocalised Hubie text
- Ensure selection is correctly resumed after closing an Addon Feature Item on the Challenge Map
Patch 1.5.4 (06 July 2018)
- Revealed Hubie dialog option in Burning Building encounter.
- Improved some Korean localisation.
- Fixed Dealer hat in Twitch.
- Fixed 'dev dungeon' in the modding project.
- Fixed ‘shard editor’ in the modding project
Patch 1.5.3 (26 June 2018)
- Fix for player becoming unresponsive when fighting armoured enemies.
- Fix for replaying with same companion.
- Fixed some localisation problems reported on the google sheet.
Patch 1.5.2 (18 June 2018)
- Added traits to the Hali encounter.
- Fixed Hubie's Slippery trait.
Patch 1.5.1 (18 June 2018)
Patch 1.5.0 (18 June 2018)
Patch 1.4.5 (25 May 2018)
- Fix a bug with endless card picking.
Patch 1.4.4 (25 May 2018)
Patch 1.4.3 (24 May 2018)
- Reduced numbers of enemies throughout Endless Adventures to reduce combat duration
- Rebalanced brimstone enemies and reduced their health bonus to reduce combat duration-
- Added combat difficulty modifiers after each adventures to offset lower difficulty of fewer enemies
Patch 1.4.2 (15 May 2018)
- Fixed a bug where Knight’s Helm was not being drawn as a Platinum card in Elder’s Gift encounter
- Fixed wrong companion line in Left for Dead encounter in Strength Challenge
- Fixed necromancer reanimation exception bug
- Fixed blocker in Temperance campfire
Patch 1.4.1 (14 May 2018)
- Added Endless Mode adventure end card translated titles.
- Fixed the lighting on the dealer.
- Fixed a bug that prevented hair colour/hood changes at the camp fire when using a gamepad.
- Reduced snare duration slightly and increased the window that Gnomes will fail to snare after the player has been snared.
Patch 1.4.0 (09 May 2018)
- Added Goblin Faction enemies.
- Added two new Goblin Encounters.
- Added new equipment and two equipment upgrades.
- Added Goblin Faction Endless Adventures.
- Updated Snare struggle input to support tapping Defend (note that the previous struggle input of 'rapid movement/waggle stick' is still valid. Struggle input UI can be toggled in the settings menu)
- Updated the zoom level of the 'view map' camera and added ability to pan using movement/left stick inputs
- Loading time optimisations.
- Lots of graphics optimisations.
- Option to remove hit pause.
Patch 1.3.7 (02 May 2018)
- Updated Wraiths so there is a limit to the number of drains that occur at a time.
- Fixed Wraith Drain so it would damage whoever it targeted (not always the player).
- Added Trial and Adventure difficulty stats to respective cards
- Fixed bug where selection could be lost in the Deckbuilder
- Fixed Bad Wager curse.
- Fixed a bug where Suit of Ice would draw Equipment Gain cards.
Patch 1.3.6 (20 April 2018)
- Fix for freeze when winning shards / tokens in the boss battle with all companions present.
- Added gold values to Ring of Preparation and Ring of Precaution.
- Fix issue which caused a crash when winning Equipment Shards in the boss battle.
- Fixed Wear and Tear from triggering after visiting the campfire.
- Fixed encounter card sorting in the deck builder.
Patch 1.3.5 (18 April 2018)
- Reduced Necromancer armour by 33% and reduced health by 50
- Updated Joust to award the Shard after winning the final round (you no longer need to have a 'close' victory)
- Fixed incorrect equipment card token shard progress being stored due to thief objectives
- Fixed a bug where the Winter Solstice encounter would discard blessings
- Updated Endless Adventure’s Injury trait for clarity.
- Added Gold costs to Last Hope and Lost Hope weapons.
- Fixed a crash on OSX with the Northerner Tyrant (ragdoll issue) in Endless Adventures.
- Fixed install path saving in the modding editor.
Patch 1.3.4 (17 April 2018)
- Balance pass on the Devourer encounter at low levels.
- Balance pass on Undead boss difficulty; 3 Wraiths only occur at the highest difficulty setting for Undead adventures.
- Fixed Encounters ending immediately after executing a ChallengeSuccess node which fixed the token unlock on Holy Mace.
- Fixed a bug where the Blacksmith encounter would set equipment defence to 10 instead of adding 10 to the current value.
- Added unity version checking to modding editor.
- Fixed modding editor asset visibility issue.
- Fixed some trait localisation bugs.
Patch 1.3.3 (11 April 2018)
- Fixed Mage Snare VFX getting stuck on.
- Fixed Bad Wager curse counting hits against blocked/armoured enemies.
- Fixed a bug where the encounter could lose focus when clicking on the map
during certain conditions
- Fixed a couple of enemy attacks not popping Malaclypse’s magic shield.
- Fixed subtitles not displaying during the Adventure deckbuilder
- Fixed potential null refs in achievement loader.
- Fixed a bug in Field of Fae encounter where the encounter was starting at the incorrect point.
Patch 1.3.2 (10 April 2018)
- Endless point exchange encounters (Sacrifice, Humble Offering, Keeper of Sorrows) and the General Store are no longer completely random instead are assigned to specific Adventures
- Twitch update - Dealer hats have been added to the gift options for voting
- Fixed a crash that occurred at the end of an Endless run (GoG only)
- Fixed a bug with the challenge/adventure objective UI would play effects when hidden or transitioning
- Fixed a bug where the Knight’s Helm was deducting Defence instead of increasing it
- Fixed issue with how Defence was being calculated
- Fixed a text bug with the companions high score trait
- Fixed a bug where the Bitter Winter Harvest encounter would remain in the players deck forever. Is now removed after it has been used.
Patch 1.3.1 (09 April 2018)
- Hand of Fate 2 expands once more with the release of our free Endless Mode add-on. This exciting new game mode sends our hero off on a series of increasingly challenging quests all while dealing with the toll of adventure. Equipment will break and your legend may fade, but the goal remains the same: fame, glory, and the highest score on the leaderboard! Each leaderboard is tied to a different companion, so grab your buddy and prove your worth!
- To incentivize your adventure, we've added 50 new collectible shard tokens to encounters and equipment, new and old. Once gathered, these shards unlock all new customization options, supply loadouts, utility encounters and artefacts. (please note that your overall completion level will have dropped due to the added content, and any collection-based achievements will need to be re-earned)
- Endless Mode is future-proofed, too! Future DLC releases will be fully compatible with Endless, so future friends and foes will all end up in the mix. Grab your dice, shuffle that deck, and we'll see you on the leaderboards!
Patch 1.2.8 (28 February 2018)
- Fixed mods sometimes being available in unmodified games.
- Community localisation and typo fixes.
- Reordered editor assets in the modding project so that local stuff is shuffled to the top.
- Fixed debug menu options in the modding project.
- Fixed exception when creating a new map layout definition in the modding project.
- Added 'sample assets' to the modding project.
- Added documentation to the sdk.
- Added 'compose vector2' task.
- Fixed spices created in the modding project.
- Increased size of images in the card art picker.
- Increased starting size of hof editor window.
- Updated RandomInt task description.
Patch 1.2.7 (22 February 2018)
- Fixed blocker in Goblin Town.
- Fixed blocker in Spy Glass.
- Fixed issue where King's Crown was disabling companions for 5 steps instead of 3.
- Fixed issue where percentage complete would cap out at 99%.
- Add some temp translation till we get our next full round of translation done.
Patch 1.2.6 (16 February 2018)
- Fixed issue with ‘The Wretched’ Encounter.
- Fixed an issue with The Healer encounter where the companion name would not display if you didn't have a companion.
- Fixed loaded asset bundles bug.
- Fixed exception in CardSetInspector.
- Added spices to the HoF editors.
- Updated modding project so it enforces a rename from default ('mymod').
- Updated string library so all locales are created initially (not just english).
Patch 1.2.5 (14 February 2018)
- Fix campfires.
- Fix a hang loading some combat encounters.
- Fixes for challenge set tier unlock checking
Patch 1.2.4 (13 February 2018)
Exploding Doodads: Fixed a bug where the encounter would begin at the wrong point
- Fixed default card appearance not being applied when creating a new card.
- Fixed issue in map layout set inspector.
- Fixed missing mac/linux libs in the modding project.
- Fixed 'pink text' when playing in editor in the modding project.
- Fixed spawner card inspector in the modding project.
Patch 1.2.3 (09 February 2018)
- Dealing with Thieves: Fixed a bug where the added cards would never be drawn from the deck.
- Pauper Dilemma: Fixed a bug that caused the encounter to end unexpectedly.
- Updates to Northerner standard attack.
- Fixed resolution switching.
Patch 1.2.2 (08 February 2018)
- Fixed fairy ring from breaking if you don't have Mother's Blessing.
- Fixed customisation freezing on challenge map.
- Fixed profile progress percentage being displayed as 0%.
- Fixed blank screen after going from main menu -> load -> main menu
- Fixed Hired Hand ending early.
- Updated Chinese localisation.
Patch 1.2.1 (06 February 2018)
- Added modding support.
- Added Chinese VO.
- The Tower has been modified to accommodate a future update...
- Way too many small bug fixes and optimisations to list individually, however they do include fixes for these specific issues that have been causing people problems:
- Fix for a Card being left on screen after Duplicating a Card in a Wheel Gambit.
- Fix for the Game Crashing when Desert Trek was selected in the Forgotten dreams Encounter
- Fixed Colbjorn sword not giving +2 weapon charge on Riposte against Northerner enemies
- Fix for an unequipped Helmet being lost when giving an equipped Helmet over in the SpyGlass encounter
- Fixed The Shield Won from the Sun Challenge Ooze Encounter could be sold but not equipped
Hand of Fate 2 Game Master's Toolkit is now live!
- Today’s Hand of Fate 2 update includes the HoF2 SDK - The Game Master’s Toolkit! These are the same tools used at Defiant to create the HoF2 campaign our future DLC content. They’re powerful content creation tools and we’re excited to see what you make with them! With the Game Master’s Toolkit, you’ll be able to create anything from a simple encounter all the way up to a full-fledged challenge with its own win conditions, blessings, curses and artefact rewards.
- Important note: the tools are still in beta! While they’re fully functional, there may be unexpected issues to be patched later.
- To get up and running with the toolkit, look for the Hand of Fate 2 SDK (file name: handoffate2_modding.zip) in your installation directory next to the game's executable. You’ll also need to download version 2017.2.1f1 of the Unity Engine, found here: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
- More detailed instructions are contained here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b38u34JAH-16A3PRC5y6fUe9ycGk851mTy5cgjohznY/edit?usp=sharing
- Good luck! The Game of Life and Death is now in your capable hands!
Patch 1.1.1 (22nd December 2017)
Also adds the The Dealer's Apprentice Add=on. To claim the Dealer's Apprentice, simply head into the new Additional Content menu item at the start screen and select "Claim".
- Fixed clicking arrows in the options menu with a mouse.
- Fixed numeric keys triggering incorrect options in encounter.
- Fixed case where vsync option didn’t work.
- Fix Questing Mace 1 tracking kills across multiple challenges.
Patch 1.1.0 (22 December 2017)
- Continued improvements to UI Keyboard and mouse controls.
- Restored missing brimstone card textures to brimstone monsters.
- Fixed an issue with the mirror ball in dealer caravan (Twitch).
- Updated the Plentiful Harvest blessing to produce a larger range of results.
- Minor updates to challenge deal sequence to improve game play flow.
- Justice: Added more clarity to the requirements for the Gold Token. Fixed a bug to prevent last section triggering early if you have a run in progress.
- Balance pass.
- Death: Updated life gained / lost from eating / starving consistent with other challenges.
- Devil: Removed certain curses from the challenge to prevent non-progressions.
- Judgement: Allowed players to attack Empire counters. Fixes numerous issues where players could get stuck or not be able to proceed after taking shortcuts.
- Fixed a bug with Battered Helm’s token not being awarded if the player didn’t have the helm equipped during The Blacksmith encounter
- Fixed an issue in The Blacksmith encounter where the player could equip a piece of armour they didn’t have enough Fame for if they upgraded their currently equipped armour
- Fixed bug in Whispers of the West encounter where only 2 of 3 questions could be asked
- Fixed a bug in Healer encounter where the 'Heal Companion' would not display if your companion was not disabled
- Fixed a bug in Forgotten Dreams encounter that caused the game to crash
- Updated the Ascension encounter in High Priestess to include ‘Go to next level’ text for clarity
- Fix a number of string substitution bugs in Raiders encounter
- Hoarfrost Trial: Improved Korean translation
- Improved UI clarity on Companion HUD when their ability is ready to be used
- Improved clarity of playspace boundaries in some combat arenas
- Phalanx of Steel: Updated heavy attack animation and improved clarity for when the unit is vulnerable or protected/blocking. Enemy is no longer protected/blocking while frozen
- Shade (Wraith): Updated the enemy so that they teleport away when they disappear
- Ogre: No longer gets stuck walking while stunned.
- General performance optimisations
Patch 1.0.18 ( 18th December 2017) [Windows and Linux only, macOS coming soon]
- Additional settings are now stored in player profiles (and synced via cloud)
- Fixed profiles with saves on the last floor of the Judgement challenge not loading
- Fixed equipment such as Gambler's Jewel and Divine Providence not applying to bonus dice
- Fix for encounter cards with tokens spawning encounter cards with tokens leaving one token all alone
- Fixed dice target of zero occurring in Peaceful Village
- Fixed hang when encountering Scouting Party on the last floor of the Judgement challenge
Patch 1.0.16 (11 December 2017)
- Updated the Alchemist traits to be more useful when deckbuilding.
- Fixed an animation bug where Malaclypse could get stuck in turn shuffle.
- Fixed some issues with Malaclypse (upgraded) Magic Shield and Thornshell when fighting Phalanx of Steel.
- Reduced the range for reviving the a companion in combat.
- Increased the speed that the player can run.
- Fixed a bug where Brimstone enemies were not getting a Life buff relative to their basic versions.
- Updated text in Colbjorn’s questline Atonement encounter.
- Updated Thornshell and Cardinal Blade to ignore defences and blocking status of enemies when activated.
- Improved clarity for when a Phalanx of Steel is vulnerable / not vulnerable and other minor changes.
- Increased the window to Defend / Evade skeleton spear throws.
- Fixed a bug where player could be attacked by two melee enemies at the same time.
Patch 1.0.15 (06 December 2017)
Improvements and Balance
- Trap Levels: greatly increased degree of horizontal movement on camera controls
- Trap Levels: adjusted difficulty
- Town of Corruption now draws fewer Equipment cards, but more when Estrella is equipped
- Reduced the number of Monster cards drawn in the Catacomb encounter in the Judgment challenge
- Gaining the token on Questing Mace X now triggers a Deadly Forest encounter where the player is granted their reward
- Environment optimization and fixed some terrain popping
- Moved combat / customisation scene loading to after entering the wormhole in order to minimise loading stutter
General text improvements
- Fixed some Monster Card text overflow
- Korean typos
- Polish text improvements
- Fixed a number of Dealer VO subtitle strings
- Fix spelling of Ariadne in certain encounters
- Fixed Equipment card title text overflow (most noticeable in Russian)
- Renamed Blight in Russian, from Withering => Rot
- Add a space for unused Russian 'of' string, so it doesn't display as ?of?
- Hermit’s Mage Hunting now announces the correct number of days being subtracted
- Fixed issue where some equipment tokens wouldn't be earned if the piece of equipment was not equipped
- Fixed issues arising from duplicate cards being created by Ariadne
- Fixed issues arising from duplicate cards being created by Dead King Scales
- Fix to prevent more than one Death Mage (necromancer) being drawn in The Cure encounter
- Fix to prevent more than one Tyrant of Frost being drawn in Clan Crowfoot & Colbjorn's Atonement encounters
- Fixed floating sigil on Female Mercenary Garb Armour
- Fixed a bug in Judgment checkpoint encounters where selecting a duplicated wheel card would not remove the monster card from the fight
- Added missing Devastate trait icon to Ogre monster card
- Added Shield Reflect trait on Wanderer's Bounty and Valiant Aegis (they functionally reflected musket fire, but the traits were incorrect).
- Fixed Adventurer's Aide trait text
- Fixed Silencer being able to perform unblockable attacks while stunned
- Fixed Shaman staff FX looping forever after she’s been defeated
- Removed possibility to skip to next Encounter whilst Thunaer’s Boon is playing out
Patch 1.0.14 (01 December 2017)
Improvements and Balance
- Justice: Companion disabled turns decrement whenever enemy counters move on the map
- The Sun: Relics now give specific curse in the Sun (random in The Emperor), Dig Dice target is reduced each time you fail, improved clarity on flood level increasing. Improved clarity of Gold Token requirements
- Questing Mace: Traits on each subsequent Questing Mace weapons are automatically revealed. Completing Questing Mace X removes this mace and replaces it with a generic Questing Mace
- Far North encounter: Increased Dice target in ice wastes section, but removed gaining a curse each time it is failed
- Added a Huge Success to two encounters Wheel Gambits
- Updated Gambler's Banquet blessing to award 2 Food instead of 4
- Removed 'The' from a number of encounter titles to make them sort more nicely when listed alphabetically
- Improved Chinese subtitle length
- Tweaked shadow quality levels
- Fixed a number of typos
- Fixed Kubarak's Gaze causing Northerners to get stuck after being frozen
- Fixed some text issues in the ice wastes section in the Far North
- Fixed a bug where Healing Spirits could be consumed without restoring Life
- Fixed duplicate buttons being displayed for ‘Bash’ combat indicator
- Fixed Blood Crescent health deduction
- Fixed green ‘defend’ indicator getting stuck on Ogre and other combatants.
- Fixed issue where dice tally total could grow or shrink.
- Fixed a bug where Questing Mace III was applying bonus damage to the wrong suit
- Fixed a bug with the Lone Wolf curse
- Fixed a bug where disabled companions could be seen during the final sequence to The Sun challenge
- Fixed a bug in ‘A Stiegal Pumpkin’ where Food wasn’t given when requesting a pumpkin
- Fixed Chance Card Gambit issue with more than one Guardian Angel blessing equipped
Patch 1.0.13 (29 November 2017)
- Improved Russian fonts to be more readable per user request.
- Enable GPU instancing.
- Increased range at which companion abilities can be triggered
- Player can no longer dodge or counter out of the final hit when breaking off armour (caused issues with enemy attacks)
- Added missing subtitles to The World challenge
- Optimised Mage and Necromancer VFX and model
- Fixed a bug where Colbjorn could get stuck running against a wall when his ability was triggered
- Fixed a bug in Justice where a debug string would appear
- Fixed a bug in where challenge objective text would not display in any challenge after completing The World challenge
- Fixed a bug where the gold token from The World would float above the card table if you forfeit/lose before the token is won
- Fixed a bug where the Dwarven Haggler would give nothing in rare circumstances
- Fixed a bug in Tarts, Pies and Exotic Lies where the player could get infinite food if they had the Eternal Hope blessing
- Fix Westwend Tavern Token Encounter having no text description and not text in options.
Patch 1.0.12 (24 November 2017)
- Updated Jousting Armour to unlock from the gold token in Strength instead of the silver token
- Optimisations for game performance during the Precision Gambit
- Fixed bug where Westwend Tavern soldiers referenced the players sigil (amulet) incorrectly
- Improved quality of LQ bloom
- Fixed bug where gold payment was not deducted in Fame and Shame
- Improve music in the deck builder
- Fixed the dice target dropping below zero in the Blocked Passage encounter
- Removed the Equipment and Curse traits from Carriage of the Departed encounter
- Fixed a non-progression in the Prison Wraith encounter
- Updated Chinese and Korean localisation
- Added a Twitch card mark
- Fixed the Chinese logo
- Optimise shadow draw distances in combat levels
- Fixed issue causing potential dead end in Sun challenge
- Fixed 'battered helm' token not unlocking
- Balance adjustments to the Lionheart artefact
- Fix softlock when failing gold requirements on the hanged man challenge
- Visual improvements to armor break attacks for Heavy weapons
- Fixed bug where companion cards would become stuck in the player's hand after completing the Sun challenge
- Fixed issues preventing progression in Hanged Man/Justice
- Fixed a bug in Strength where a shield could not be equipped after it was upgraded.
- Fixed 'last shield' not getting updated when shield is unreserved
- Toned down Thunears Talon weapon ability visual effects
Patch 1.0.11 (21 November 2017)
- Fixed a bug that was drawing wrong amount of pain cards in The Shaman of Eyebright Weald encounter
- Updated Blood Crescent to be brimstone card
- Updated some card art.
- Reduced platinum effect on Goblin Town card art
- Reduced size of Dealer’s Mark to limit art obfuscation
- Flipped the Test of Strength card art so the mark doesn't obscure the Ogre’s face
- Fixed bug in the Blacksmith encounter where the companion name was displaying VAR.
- Reduced combat timer Fate’s Dealing Black Knight combat
- Added skeletons to Wraith combat encounter in the Sun challenge
- Fixed Lone Wolf curse causing problems with Companion card activation
- Fixed the campfire in Chariot restocking Food and Equipment when it was revisited.
- Fixed a bug where the relic salesman would accept negative numbers.
- Fixed for Justice mess hall text not displaying
- Increased the Max Life requirements for Silver and Gold token in Death
- Minor Chinese localisation update
- Fixed more typos
Patch 1.0.10 (20 November 2017)
- Added accessibility (color) support for Precision Gambit
- Fixed a blocker in Lovers if Oswin is disabled by player encounter
- Added Upgrade Armour trait to Misc. category in the deckbuilder
- Added controller vibration to Sisters of Vengeance and Dazzling Blade abilities
- Fixed an issue where Blood Crescent was reducing the effectiveness of Max Life items in the boss fight
- Removed Second Wind unintentionally unlocking from The Tower
- Removed Second Wind blessing from the blessing deck in Strength.
- Removed fail from 2nd roll in Berta's Betting House
- Removed Encrusted Mace (hard mode) as a recommended card in The Empress, must be added manually.
- The 'Wait' option in Justice campfire now counts as a step to restoring your companion
- Removed double spaces and trailing spaces
- Fixed more typos
Patch 1.0.9 (17 November 2017)
- Fixed the dice target being incorrect in a few circumstances
- Fixed issue where credits would not display after changing language
- The Healer: hide companion heal option if have no companion
- Waterfall of Youth: fix to prevent receiving an extra Potion of Youth
- Yvette's Cottage: fix to prevent receiving an extra Spell of Ageing curse
- Restored save options for villages in Hanged Man
- Fixed bug in Judgement where companion cards could get stuck on screen after fighting through the checkpoints
- Fixed bug in Judgement where VAR was being displayed instead of the companion name
- Fixed a bug in Judgement where Estrella would comment incorrectly at the Campfire
- Fixed a non-progression bug in Judgement where the player could get stuck between two spice counters in the marshes
- Fixed Defend from cancelling out of weapon ability.
- Fixed an issue with boss battle breaking when cancelling out of a Finisher.
- Please report issues in the bug forum here and we will endeavour to fix them asap.
Patch 1.0.8 (16 November 2017)
- Added Space as an addition select button
- Removed superfluous button press in wheel gambit
- Added announcement to make it clear that Strength and Empress are in hard modes if you take the hard mode equipment.
- Added 'Settings' option to start menu
- Added option to override the controller icon map
- Fixed controls icon-switching so that diagrams display appropriate remapping for back/touchpad/select/minus/view button.
- Fixed Emperor progress blocker
- Fixed combo reset when getting hit during finishers
- Made weapon charge / combo not reset on time out
- Fixed Healer bug that removed 'medium' healing option
- Made Phalanx units stunnable during their red attack (and fixed up some visual weirdness).
- Fixed deck builder encounter sorting issue
- Improved intro performance
- Made High Priestess Blizzard encounter Huge Failure more punishing.
- Removed potential exploit in Devil challenge
- Updated Villager's Axe weapon ability.
- Fixed Alone curse
- Fixed bug where VAR showed up if your companion is missing on one encounter
Patch 1.0.7 (15 November 2017)
- Added a brightness (Gamma) setting
- Reduced gold gain when losing Arm Wrestling.
- Updated Chinese localisation
- Fixed Saint Tala's Day to only give 2 blessings not 100
- Fix some strings that were not getting localised in the pause menu
- Fixed exploitable loop in Moon's Cemetery if you bring Ring of Food
- Fixed 'close shave' achievement being awarded when you died in combat.
- Fixed a VAR bug in chariot.
Patch 1.0.6 (15 November 2017)
- Fix progression blocker in Mage Tower
Patch 1.0.5 (14 November 2017)
- Fixed gold token bug on Strength.
- Improved subtitle timings.
- Adjusted default keyboard controls.
- Fixed Malaclypse's shield disappearing when hitting a blocked enemy.
- Fixed a potential failure state in the Holy Mace quest.
- Fixed missing companion dialogue bugs.
- Out of the Mud encounter now handles the correct companion text regardless of which companion is chosen.
- Fixed exploitable loop in Hoarfrost Trial.
- Improved Hoarfrost Trial balance.
- Peek at the curse you are given during the Wheel stair card.
- Fixed combat with no enemies resulting in a non-progression in Judgment challenge.
- Fixed 'fleeting fame' triggering after campfire.
- Fixed combat with no enemies in Moon's Cemetery.
- Fixed twitch config input problems.
- Fixed dice result and dice target compare in Berta's Betting House.
- Updated Gladiator's Visage trait description for clarity.
- Fixed traits on Cheerful Woodcutter encounter.
- Player is now awarded food if they're replaying Strength and take the short route out of the opening encounter.
- Companion cards now display traits in a display panel when selected from the
- Display Cards container.
- Fixed Malaclypse's shield absorbing mage range attacks without breaking.
- Burning Building Oswin lose health icon updated.
- Fixed Emperor's Dangerous Wilds to award correct fame.
- Stolen Ones will announce number of soldiers remaining after picking Failure on blood magic wheel.
- Fixed Gambler's Insurance.
- Fixed trait title on Harvest Blade.
- Added clear option to not give away your equipment in the Gnomes encounter.
- Saint Tala's Day uses fallback deck so that it can't run out of blessings
- Fixed issue where Temple of Prayers refreshed the 5th blessing if you backed out of the list.
- Goblins will no longer say they stole things that they didn't.
- Stopped Malaclypse teleporting away mid-shield.
- Ordeal By Hot Iron will no longer instantiate an Executioner's Axe regardless of whether you have one already or not.
- Improved Moon balance.
- Fixed Ariadne and Colbjorn getting stuck in a walking state.
Patch 1.0.4 (13 November 2017)
- Fix for The Tower in Brazilian Portuguese
- Add a Dual Shock 2 native support
- Fixed achievement unlocking for early testers (pre steam)
- Fix "Berta's Betting House takes gold when no games are played"
- Fixed encounter that would end before it begins if the player does not have a companion.
- Fix for equipment showcases in trap levels causing cards to not be returned to the correct container.
- Fixed companions attacking dead enemies non-stop after they've killed them.
- Improve Berta's Betting House dice game clarity
- Fixed issue where player would fail gold token in Strength if they change their equipment post meeting the requirement in the final encounter.
- Fixed protected enemies infinitely hitting each other with their protection after one of them hitting the other.
- The Cure final sequence (pendulum) made easier.
- Added Pendulum trait to Bridge Skirmish.
- Set Billy Clubs ability trait to use the Ability resource (now displays correct UI incl. number of hits to use ability).
- Fixed a bug where rewards were being discarded.
- Fixed pending card event listeners being checked with the wrong agent.
- Updates to Deadly Forest encounter (now only takes Life/Max. Life, and updated traits to reflect change).
- Made so that you must go through the dice game at least once before 'ambushing' the monster cards
- Moved dithering to after overlay color and overlay texture
- Fixed an issue where VAR would be displayed in encounter text if the player had no companion.
- Fixed deck builder token filter (wasn't showing inherited tokens).
- Bonus only activates once per Brimstone card.
- Doubled Oswins damage resistance in combat.
- Fixed Wraith health drain does not break Malaclypse's shield
- Fixed potential non-progression in the Judgment challenge.
- Fixed ponytail whipping in customisation
- Ongoing typo fixes
Patch 1.0.3 (13 November 2017)
- Disable adaptive vsync on PC for now, suspect it was causing or exacerbating a crash bug
- Modified default keyboard controls, picked a set that are more responsive
- If keyboard has not been remapped, update to new more responsive default
- Made keyboard / mouse dodge on 'press' and run on new input 'KBMRun' (defaults to Left Control).
- Added separate key binding for 'run' as part of the initial keyboard improvements
- Made player attack targeting more generous when not pushing a direction.
- Added binding for inspect ("i"), useful for OS X trackpad users without a middle mouse button
- Default to more sensible resolution on retina MPB
- Bug fix for "11_justice: random teleport to map area that I can't get out of"
- Fixed massive graphical glitch in fog for OS X users using Nvidia driver
- Fixed number of blessings the encounter takes from the player (was taking 1 more blessing than it should).
- Updates to market thief.
- Fixed companion name being displayed as VAR if they're removed from your hand during the run in the Strength challenge.
- Some Chinese localisation improvements
- Added a few second delay between start of twitch chance vote and messages posted to chat.
Patch 1.0.2 (13 November 2017)
- Dark Wormhole
- Added encounter option voting to twitch integration.
- One Drunken Night balance
- Trap level balance changes
- Goblins balance changes
- Fix for being able to move on the map while unlocking tokens
- Fix for locking selection during chance card task (GuardianAngel bug)
- Fix 8 skeleton spawner
- Fix Malaclypse's Associate without companion
Patch 1.0.1 (09 November 2017)
- Fix Italian, Spanish text had invaded
- Added specific option for adaptive vsync, and option of regular on. Users with on previously (was adaptive), will now get adaptive. Opengl defaults to vsync on, d3d defaults to adaptive
- Adjusted colouring of wormhole to make it less jarring.
- Fog works consistently between d3d and opengl
- Fixed ultrawide resolution
- Fixed issues with companion dialog in Chariot if the player loses their companion
- Fix ignored vibration setting in dice
- Hopefully fix blood shaders so they aren't green on some configurations
- Fixed a bug where the gold wasn't being taken away.
- Fixed exception disconnecting from twitch. Updated twitch integration.
- Fixed friendly health bars getting yellow outline (should be dark red) when reviving fallen companions.
- Fixed Lovers campfire: wasn't cycling through Oswin lines
- Fixed all the typos discovered today
- Added twitch integration