Slay the Dance Floor update hotfix 1 (31st August 2017)
- fixed a bug that caused a small percentage of players to be unable to unlock the newly added character.
Slay the Dance Floor update (30th August 2017)
Expansion Day Is Here!!
The day has come, and our free expansion is here! So much new stuff to play and do, let's get right to the things!
Local Multiplayer support has been added across all game modes!
Story, Freeplay, Sidequests, Arena, Endless, and more..! Every challenge and song has been rebalanced to support two players and has its own separate multiplayer leaderboard.
Some abilities may work slightly different in two-player, and, from what we've seen, different parties thrive!
A Competitive Mode has been combined into co-op in two-player Freeplay Mode!
Compete for lanes to get most kills, most crits, cures, etc to jocky for MVP trophies. Track your records to school your friends.
Endless Mode is now available!
Unlocked by beating the Story Mode boss, battle against an unlimited playlist of songs as the enemies' levels slowly increase, and a variety of mods get stacked against you.
Use and swap through your entire team and all their skills to combat hero knockouts, equipment breaks, and even skill lockouts.
Gain and spend Battle Points to empower your current run, or save them up to unlock permanent cross-mode rewards.
The faster you go, and the more mods that are applied, the more points you'll get. However! Fail to defeat a song's boss before it ends, and your run is over.
Stack more mods early, while the enemies are weaker, to build up battle points. Or! Run, afraid, from modifiers, to get as deep as you can! Two leaderboards exist!
A new (secret!) hero has been added to the game.
Equipped with some totally unique attacks and buffs, he's capable of filling a number of party roles.
A Hint to Unlock: Are there new sidequests around..?
New Hero and Global Passive Abilities have been added, unlockable through Endless Mode.
Usable in both Story and Endless Modes, we've seen these totally change the best-party meta!
The Scoring System is now changed!
Enemy kills are now worth points according to the enemy's Max HP. So, the more aggressive you are, the higher your score can go! Bring that RPG strategy to bear!
Just don't die!
A new cheat code has been added!
Ten-song seeded speed runs! Enter a seed to play a different repeatable playlist each time.
Perfect for another.... WEINER Tournament format..?
- Japanese language support has been added.
- Lefty-flip guitar note colors are supported.
- Support has been added for Logitech G LED colored lighting devices.
- Assorted sidequests have been changed or added, as well as rebalanced for two-player.
- Story songs beaten after beating the final boss now give additional exp.
- Big Pharm's Inspire targetting has been made smarter.
- Retribution is now affected by buffs, gear, and elements.
- Leech and Slow Field now affect returning enemies, and enemies that have just became focal.
- Play-mode triggering cheat codes have been moved to the Teleport Menu, to allow for Single/Multiplayer selection.
- Overcast beats are now judged more accurately, in the player's favor.
- Consecutive-requirement Secondary Abilities are now more reliable.
- Assorted and sundry balance/fixes/tweaks/enhancements to gameplay and menus.
Patch 20.02.2017 (28th February 2017)
- Fixes an issue introduced last update, where one arena challenge was mistakenly made too hard via a typo.
Patch 02.02.2017 (3 February 2017)
Along with some balance updates, minor fixes, and preparatory updates for some Large pending feature additions, this new build adds full Text-Only game support for two new languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
Patch 22.12.2016 (22nd December 2016/)
- Minor hotfixes
- Adds compatibility for "Deck the Dubstep" DLC
Patch 07.12.2016 (06th December 2016)
- addresses a few minor aesthetic bugs
Patch 28.10.2016 (28th October 2016)
- This update corrects a small issue that prevented users from easily editing already-exisiting base-game songs.
Patch 27.10.2016 (27th October 2016)
- This patch adds support for a few new features:
- Users can now access a song editor and choreograph their own notes to their own music (whatever music they have on their computers).
- They can create their own dance tracks, on three difficulties, and compete in new songs, of their choice against the oncoming monsters.
- Users can now import existing custom song choreography for the most popular StepMania steptrack formats.
- SM, .SSC, and .DWI files now work within the game. This opens the door to using massive numbers of pre-existing songs, created for other music games, into play in The Metronomicon.
- There is one new dungeon region within Story Mode where players can play their UGC and DLC tracks with the parties they’ve created in Story Mode.
Patch 19.10.2016 (19 October 2016)
- fixed a bug which would cause an issue in the tutorial startup flow, and cause a song to be skipped.
Enhancement Patch (18 October 2016)
New Features by Request:
- After much player demand, added a “Note Scroll Speed” slider to the Display Options menu. This slider ranges from .5x to 4x.
- As such, THEHUSTLE and SLOWJAMS cheat codes have been removed from the game.
- GOTTAGOFAST enemy level was reduced by one. Note: This tweak has been in place since just about the day GOTTAGOFAST was announced. We wanted the mode to be more speed than survival oriented.
- BigPharm Targeting is Smarter.
- If all heroes are already Inspired/Protected, Gruver will target whoever has the least buff duration remaining.
- Retribution now counts bleed damage toward its total. This includes bleed damage accrued by cursed items.
- Tagged a couple missed songs as YouTube unsafe that were at-first missed. Including the credits. (Sorry!)
- Assorted fixes to minor forum-reported and unreported bugs.
- Moderate redo of how note timing is handled in-engine, in preparation for more comprehensive upcoming enhancements. You won't notice anything different yet. ;)
Patch (gog-4) [OSX only] (13th October 2016)
- Adds OSX compatibillity for the Indie Game Challenge Pack 1